Would your MC see this as evil?

ForestDweller

Brothels taking in orphans and grooming them to be sex workers.

I think I first found it on Mushoku Tensei and MC was pretty chill about it lol.

But then again, most isekai MCs are pretty chill with slavery. And they never get blasted for it by the readers lol.

I have a character who wants to end slavery and I'm thinking how much my MC should support her.

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
My MC is a fox and wouldn't understand it, but wants everyone to be free to do whatever they want. Secondary MC who is human would hate it though, but luckily, nothing like it in the world they are in, just orphans being raised to be warriors/mages/priests to help deal with the monster problems and spread the word of the Church of Conflict.

If it makes sense in the world it is in, it is likely not seen poorly. You have to consider it from the point of view of society and then consider how the individual in question fits into society and how much they agree with it. If your MC is native to the world and raised in a society that is fine with it, chances are that they will be fine with it as well, unless they are 'radical' in their thinking.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Do the orphans have a choice? If yes my MC wouldn't mind it unless they are forced into their position. He'd even welcome it since the orphans are cared for and aren't abused.

Sounds morally despicable, but the kids are cared for.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus

I think I first found it on Mushoku Tensei and MC was pretty chill about it lol.

But then again, most isekai MCs are pretty chill with slavery. And they never get blasted for it by the readers lol.

I have a character who wants to end slavery and I'm thinking how much my MC should support her.
He probably would end up having these madames and pimps fed to a bunch of Hemomorphs.

Which are a bunch of shapeshifting leech people.

Seaspecter

Oh she'd hate it and if she probably kill the bastards and then get chased out of whatever city she was in because it is perfectly legal in most places in my world.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
My MC is probably aware that things like this happen all the time in her native world (IRL Earth), but would still be upset by it.

In the end though, it doesn't matter if it's good or evil. The only real question is, 'Can you do something about it?'

Are you actually going to help them have a better life than the one they would have at the brothel, or are you actively trying to ruin their lives for the sake of your own self-righteousness?

If your MC can offer a stable, safe source of income for a large number of people, then go ahead and try to stop it. If not, then perhaps you can try to save the ones who are truly desperate to escape their fate. For a minimum amount of effort, you can try to bully, blackmail, or bribe the establishment to take better care of all of their employees.

Otherwise, being hostile and noisy without trying to help will only cause more harm than good.

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
Well my MC sorta ends up partially raised by a brothel worker so she would have more of an issue with the conditions the children are working in and their compensation (plus whether or not they actually wanted to work there) than the profession herself and would most likely chew out the matron, pimp, or owner of the establishment if things were suspicious to her eyes

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!

Well, they would find it simultaneously disgusting and incredibly normal at the same time. His world SUCKS. Those practices are typically enforced by huge personal power in her world, so she wouldn’t try to do anything until she got stronger. Now, if she was isekaied, she would double-check that held true in the new world. If it didn’t, then they would either break the minds of the slavers, having them commit suicide, or turn them into mummified, soulless corpses.
She would then create a gang out of the kids, and try to take over the town to support the children, because she wouldn’t be able to find them otherwise.
Do the orphans have a choice? If yes my MC wouldn't mind it unless they are forced into their position. He'd even welcome it since the orphans are cared for and aren't abused.

Sounds morally despicable, but the kids are cared for.
I mean, groomed would imply that they don’t have choice though.

Theirl

SHHS detainee no. 0004

evil is subjective... what is the other option? is kid getting groomming a scam that the society force them to fail so that they will become whores? or literaly becoming a whore is the life saving grace? what are the morals of the world? u need to put all of that in the circustance, but if i was the mc i would see as evil and would try to change things the motivation of the evil deed would only change how would i go in doing that.

best ex is an indigineous tribe that has as a custom of forcing kids to put their hands in a straw glove fill to the brim with venomous ants as a coming of age ritual, and those that dont do that can be raped and abuse since they are not part of the tribe anymore. is that evil? would u condone and try to change that custom?

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
My characters, especially my MC, would see this as evil. He'd question how in the world is there so little orphanages in the world that the only other option is being groomed as a kid to do sex work. He'd also try and right the wrong the world created. As for the Mushoku Tensei MC, Rudeus is pretty much morally questionable to begin with. I mean, he has his moments, but the story doesn't present him as this righteous person doing what he does out of the goodness of his heart. He's selfish, perverted, and pretty mysoginist to some degree, but that's what makes him interesting to follow.

I would rather read about a morally questionable person like Rudeus instead of generic isekai goodboy MC #019.

Koiren

my girl Annabel would most probably dislike this stuff because she used to be a slave, and she knows that sometimes freedom is illusory, but she would still consider that it's not worth inrefering if the sex workers are okay with their life;
Chase, on the other hand, would totally understand this sort of thing, because he thinks like a businessman, and the righteousness of it wouldn't concern him because he couldn't care less about other people's fates (he's not a bad guy, just.. very rational.. I find that we are a bit alike at this point)

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
I have a mc that (will) created a kingdom that started as a slave rebellion for freedom. This is a deserved public execution in his eyes.

Jerynboe

My MC would find it immensely squicky, make a note that he should probably do something about it, then forget to actually do anything because it doesn’t really benefit him to do so and depending on details this is probably still a step up from starving in the streets. 10-20 chapters later he would encounter it again, feel grossed out again, and see if he had the resources to actually address it on the spot so he doesn’t forget. If he DID take the kids in, they would probably end up in some kind of apprenticeship making something useful for his glorious army.
In any event, he would not be particularly punitive with the people responsible because mass enslavement is kinda his whole thing and he at least tries to not be too hypocritical.

ACertainPassingUser

My MC is simply too poor and powerless to do anything about it, but he's still have sympathy to the slaves who endures their cruel treatment. It's like seeing war refugees or earthquake victim while being poor-middle class with crippling debt, it's hard to feed yourself for this mo

MC can't even survive unscathed while fighting the local guard station, let alone fighting a megacompany slavers organization with immense wealth, army, historic and cultural roots over multiple continent and decades of wealth and a quite a bit of authority from agreement with the kingdom.

It's quite realistic, but it's not that interesting.

The female MC has her over powered [Hero] abilities and do lots of stuff to kill slaveras and free those kids. But she's a bit clumsy, and still a hit traumatized after some kid slaves got forgotten and they died in hunger since the supposed slavers in charge of feeding them were killed and forgot to list them in book keeping.

She moved on tho, and ended up stoped the kill streak of massacring slavers for a while as finding place and taking care of 320++ children slaves ia not easy task. Especially when those kids starts to mark their territory, built militia style army, and warring among each other over the food resources that ends up killing more children and exhausting the already scarce resources.

When she found out that the whole winner kids taking slaves from the losing kids, She got traumatized again, before moved on again, as now she decided to takes it slowly.

its quite interesting although not realistic, but my writing skill isn't up to par to write the full story of her yet.

Last edited:

Sola-sama

Retired Old Man
My mc basically invented permanent employment which is slavery but even death wouldn't free you from being worked. Permanent Employment is mostly reserved for demons and devils, but still. Therefore, to answer your question, it is actually pretty mild.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Yes.
My MC would wonder if he had been Isekai'd into Disneyland.

Last edited: