Write a gross description

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
Find a normal thing and describe it grossly.

I looked up, a sick green tinge to my cheeks. The blue above me was covered with scale-like grey, a patchy cover that almost made you itchy to look at. It was like skin flakes on irritated skin, the sun covered with cloud, make it an angry yellow blister. The sky was a vast rash, the burning heat on my skin the feverish, swollen pustule’s fault.

TotallyHuman

I woke up and looked at my fleshy moist appendages covered in tiny tiny hairs all over and the keratine growths at their ends. I didn't want to get up anymore.

Kamelingil

Multiversal Author
The sun is blazing hot today, and here I am, walking down the streets. I'm so thirsty, I want to drink some water, I don't even care if it's just a drop of it!

But then, I saw a vomit on the ground, I had no choice but to eat it. The taste is super salty, and some weird taste all over it. The texture is indescribable even the taste, but I realized it came from a rat.

Hasu_Riri

Imagine, if you will, a slender wooden shaft, rough to the touch, coated in a layer of aged, peeling paint reminiscent of decaying skin. This once-vibrant covering has surrendered to the relentless passage of time, resembling the flaking, dead epidermis of an ancient mummy.

At one end of this grotesque tool lies the eraser, a spongy mass that has likely absorbed years of grime and forgotten fingerprints. Its sickly pink hue, now tainted with mysterious smudges, evokes images of diseased flesh. The eraser's texture, once soft and pliable, has transformed into a crumbly, desiccated substance, akin to the brittle remains of a long-deceased insect.

The other end houses the graphite core, encased in wood that has weathered countless hands. This core, the very essence of the pencil, bears the marks of its laborious existence. As it is sharpened, tiny, nauseating wood shavings peel away, resembling twisted and contorted toenail clippings. The graphite itself, once a pristine and gleaming cylinder, now appears as a soiled and grimy rod, reminiscent of an unsightly bodily secretion.

The act of writing or drawing with this repulsive instrument leaves behind a trail of unsavory residue on paper, akin to the discharge of a festering wound. The squeak of the graphite against the page is akin to the discordant screeching of rusty hinges, enough to make one's skin crawl.

LowinKeshin

I took out a paper of exchange, one held by a hundred or maybe a thousand sweaty hands, and offered it to the cashier. In turn, she handed me two nickels, makes me wonder if they ever fell on a drainage and were picked up by a snotty brat. With her monotone, practiced speech, she offered a smile, flashing her yellow tinted teeth.

"Thank you for your purchase, please come again," she said in her lovely pleghmatic voice.

Last edited:

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
Squishing, oozing goo drips from my untended wound. Maggots wriggle within my exposed flesh. Mold takes root on the edge of the jagged, gaping wound. I would scream, but my mouth has since scarred over. Perhaps, if I wait long enough, the maggots will worm their way to my mouth and eat their way to my tongue, freeing it. But will my tongue still be there? It lies unused and bloated in a sea of saliva and decaying teeth. I still have an iota of taste left with which to sense the metallic range of fresh and decayed blood. With a sense of morbid curiosity, I seek to move the beached behemoth. With an ache, I manage to lift it to the crumbling roof of my mouth. The stirring of my tongue forces some of the liquid back, down, down, down my throats. Chunks I know weren’t there before now block my throat. My tongue, my tongue… I can no longer feel the roof of my mouth. At least I can no longer taste… My musings come to an end as I violently seek to wrench open my mouth, choking on my own rotten flesh.

The sensation jerks me awake, a bitter taste still in my mouth. I hate those stupid dreams. I hate this stupid body. I wish I had taken the time to brush my teeth last night. Fuzziness coats my canines. Running my tongue across my teeth, I loosen the old chunks of food stuck in my back molars. I swallow them along with stale saliva.

My flesh reeks with yesterday’s exertion and my nose crinkles as it senses the distasteful odor. I walk to the shower, bones creaking and scratching against one another. I reach the glass enclosure of soap scum and drain spiders. Clumps of hair clog the drain, allowing a dampness to remain on the floor. My feet cause a splash as they hit the puddle, the ideal habitat for mosquito larvae and parasites.

My clothes lie in a pile on the grimy tiles outside my own personal specimen tank. The snake living under the porch leaves a cleaner pile of sloughed off skin. I stare at it as cold water pours down my body with an oily touch. I scrub harder, harder, with my loofah carcass. Blood rushes to the surface as my skin seems to peel off, yet I still feel unclean. How could I have let those dirty rags sully my body? My breath comes out in gasps as I accidentally snort grimy water. Spluttering, I cough out phlegm and water and soap and grime.

The skittering centipede pays me no mind as I emerge from my glass cocoon red-skinned as a newborn. I leave a slimy trail behind me as I make my way to my nest, old skin left behind like an abandoned corpse. Traces of earlier sheddings remain around the burrow, articles of my self thrown across chairs and fixtures far more permanent than I. Yet, I have converted this brick and mortar prison into the den of the monster that haunts the mirror.

I dig through my belongings, searching for a new skin to wear, a new life to possess. I come across that of a professional, identical to that of yesterday. I put it on, and emerge from my hiding place. I walk proudly in the face of the blazing sun, knowing myself a monster amongst men.

@TheMonotonePuppet now you can read it! Don’t heart it yet!

Last edited:

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
This is a description. Its aim is to impart a greater understanding of a topic unto its reader, after which they will feel slightly more aware of the object being described. It uses words in varying juxtapositions to invoke linguistic grammar and semantics to translate the brainwave patterns of one writer through a physical medium of information encoding into are readers, one per, given everyone interprets everything ever so slightly differently (or massively differently, depending on cultural contextes.) Anything can be used as a description, provided it be relevant to the object of description and the information provided be true, but not necessarily correct. You see, we at Lunacy Limited do not believe in formal hierarchy, so correction is merely a suggestion of coercion upon population. That last sentence was more rationale than anything, so should not be counted as part of this description. Descriptions can be banal or poetic, accurate or false, concise or gross. As long as the words serve to describe, the purpose of description is met and thus the descriptive definition applies and makes it a description. Very describing, isn't it? I'm going to stop here, but with this knowledge, you too can make utterly gross descriptions! Ta ta for now!

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
FR.jpg