Write a satirical isekai story

Tempokai

Overworked One
I'll start.
Once upon a time in a barren desert that appeared to have been pulled straight out of a cliché video game, there was a sniper. Not just any sniper, mind you, but a sniper with dreams as big as his scope was long. He wanted to pull off the greatest and furthest shot the world had ever seen, and he was so close to achieving it. Six kilometers away, a lone enemy soldier was in his crosshairs, blissfully unaware that he was about to become a footnote in the world's oddest war story.

But fate, as it tends to do in these situations, had other plans. Just as he was about to squeeze the trigger, our intrepid sniper found himself whisked away from his desert sniper's nest and plopped unceremoniously into a strange and fantastical world. He didn't have time to process this otherworldly transformation because, well, there's no gentle way to put it – he died in the desert. The "Truck-kun," as the locals affectionately called it, had done its job.

And so began the odd tale of the sniper who became the unluckiest isekai protagonist. Armed with nothing but his trusty rifle, he set out on a journey to snipe every demon king general and whatever other nefarious beings this strange realm had to offer. You'd think he'd be hailed as a hero, right? Wrong.

Turns out, when you can kill someone from a ridiculous distance with just a twitch of your finger, people tend to be a tad afraid of you. Who knows if the kingdom's rulers could suddenly keel over from sniper-related accidents? The last thing they needed was an itchy trigger finger deciding their fate.

Bounties were placed on his head faster than you could say "bullseye." But our sniper was no ordinary sharpshooter. With his uncanny accuracy and a convenient love interest he had saved back in chapter 2 (because that's how these isekai stories work), he managed to elude capture. He gathered a motley crew of comrades on his journey, who all eventually found themselves in a most peculiar place – the former demon king's castle.

You see, after our sniper had shot him, no one really wanted to visit the place. It had become the demon king's equivalent of a haunted house, complete with a "Sniper-Proof" sign outside. And there, in the shadows of a neglected castle, our hero retired as the "greatest sniper in another world." It wasn't the life he'd planned for, but hey, it's not every day you get isekai'd while taking a shot.

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
"Man, I sure love being a pedestrian—"

"Man, I sure love being a truck driver—"

"Man, I sure love being a farmer whose village is in an illogically dangerous position but it somehow managed to not be wiped out for hundreds of years. I'm sure nothing will happen when this plain black-haired black-eyed boy named Takuto arrives here and—"

"Man, I sure love being a normal guy who loves an impossibly beautiful girl in my village. Oh, is that outsider hitting on her? Well, I'm all for fair competition. Time to see if I can—"

"Man, I sure love being a king who must do slightly evil things to keep my country running and people fed. I'm sure this guy who has modern morals won't do anything to m—"

"Man, I sure love being a slaver who got into this profession since I had no other choice, and because it is a normal job in this world. There is no way a Japanese hypocrite from another world will kill me, steal my slaves, and still keep them as slaves but he thinks he's fine because he's nice to them—"

"Man, I sure love being a noble who's engaged to my country's princess. I hope that the princess know that she cannot just break the engagement out of nowhere to travel with a guy who just set foot in this country 3 days ago. That would cause a lot of political strife and would possibly cause great instability in my country. Other nobles can also use it as an excuse to overthrow the king. She would literally be killing her own father if she did so—"

Last edited:

RobBanks

And then...

OMSR TRUCK-KUN CAME BACK FOR HIM AGAIN!!

(channeling my strongest inner fanfiction.net energy, might as well end every story like that too)

laccoff_mawning

I plan on doing exactly this, but with my writing speed, It wont be done before april fools.
Heres the first 500 or so words:

"Ha! Who writes something as trash as this?"

After just finished reading a terrible novel I started typing out a bad review.

I was on a train journey to start colleage, and was passing my time reading webnovels. This one webnovel I was currently reading: "I became the Evil Overlord at the Academy of Heroes, but why did the Main Character turn into the Dark God? I Have to Fix This While Unwittingly Picking Up a Harem of Cute but Practically Useless Heroines!", often abbriviated as "IEOAHMCDGIHFTWUPUHCPUH" for short.

"...And, on the final arc, the author just decides to ignore all character development and plot arcs to just end the story i nthe most disappointing way possible.

This novel is a Waste of time. Don't read it."

However, just before pressing the "post" button, I heard a scream from somewhere.

I look up and notice a bus. The bus had appeared out of some portal-like existance, and was flying right into the train, where I was seating.

The last thing I rememeber before the bus hit me was seeing the "sending" icon on my phone, as i finished my review.

But that wasn't the end of my life. When I came to, I found myself in a dark alleyway, filled with cobwebs. Looking around, I find a broomstick near my hands. I pick myself up and examine my clothes. I'm wearing some posh, black suit with a golden trim.

"I'm... alive?"

My head aches a bit, but a vaguely start remembering what had just occured.

Thats right. I was writing a review... then a bus came... while I was on the train... and then...

Could It be? Did I reincarnate? No, I think the correct term here would be transmigrate? Did I transmigrate into this person's body?

I look around for idenitification. I find a wallet. Inside that wallet is a card with my face on it, along with some other information.

Hmm? Whats this?

As I read the card, I notice a scrumpled piece of paper lying on the ground, glowing.

I pick it up, unravel it, and read.

"Dear Wang Gwanliin. You reached your transdimensional destination while unconscious, so we dropped you off here. We would like to inform you that you have not transmigrated, but have simply been shifted to a new dimension. Of course, we left you some basic necessities you help aid you in your new life, since you cannot bring any physical material over to other realms. We made your original body appear as close as possible to what you looked like before, so don't worry about any identity disorders. Your participation in this program is, of course, mandatory and we have no regard to your own personal interests in the matter.

We recommend you do not tell anyone about your involvement with us unless you wish to be sent to a mental hospital, killed on the spot as a demon, or, in the unlikely case people believe you and your words garner public interest, face an interdimensional execution and mind-wiping squadron.

Thank you for using our warp bus services, And good luck with your new life.

-from the bus driver."

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
I plan on doing exactly this, but with my writing speed, It wont be done before april fools.
Heres the first 500 or so words:

"Ha! Who writes something as trash as this?"

After just finished reading a terrible novel I started typing out a bad review.

I was on a train journey to start colleage, and was passing my time reading webnovels. This one webnovel I was currently reading: "I became the Evil Overlord at the Academy of Heroes, but why did the Main Character turn into the Dark God? I Have to Fix This While Unwittingly Picking Up a Harem of Cute but Practically Useless Heroines!", often abbriviated as "IEOAHMCDGIHFTWUPUHCPUH" for short.

"...And, on the final arc, the author just decides to ignore all character development and plot arcs to just end the story i nthe most disappointing way possible.

This novel is a Waste of time. Don't read it."

However, just before pressing the "post" button, I heard a scream from somewhere.

I look up and notice a bus. The bus had appeared out of some portal-like existance, and was flying right into the train, where I was seating.

The last thing I rememeber before the bus hit me was seeing the "sending" icon on my phone, as i finished my review.

But that wasn't the end of my life. When I came to, I found myself in a dark alleyway, filled with cobwebs. Looking around, I find a broomstick near my hands. I pick myself up and examine my clothes. I'm wearing some posh, black suit with a golden trim.

"I'm... alive?"

My head aches a bit, but a vaguely start remembering what had just occured.

Thats right. I was writing a review... then a bus came... while I was on the train... and then...

Could It be? Did I reincarnate? No, I think the correct term here would be transmigrate? Did I transmigrate into this person's body?

I look around for idenitification. I find a wallet. Inside that wallet is a card with my face on it, along with some other information.

Hmm? Whats this?

As I read the card, I notice a scrumpled piece of paper lying on the ground, glowing.

I pick it up, unravel it, and read.

"Dear Wang Gwanliin. You reached your transdimensional destination while unconscious, so we dropped you off here. We would like to inform you that you have not transmigrated, but have simply been shifted to a new dimension. Of course, we left you some basic necessities you help aid you in your new life, since you cannot bring any physical material over to other realms. We made your original body appear as close as possible to what you looked like before, so don't worry about any identity disorders. Your participation in this program is, of course, mandatory and we have no regard to your own personal interests in the matter.

We recommend you do not tell anyone about your involvement with us unless you wish to be sent to a mental hospital, killed on the spot as a demon, or, in the unlikely case people believe you and your words garner public interest, face an interdimensional execution and mind-wiping squadron.

Thank you for using our warp bus services, And good luck with your new life.

-from the bus driver."
Isn't there a KR novel with the same exact name?

Sola-sama

Retired Old Man

"Man, I sure love being a farmer whose village is in an illogically dangerous position but it somehow managed to not be wiped out for hundreds of years. I'm sure nothing will happen when this plain black-haired black-eyed boy named Takuto arrives here and—"

"Man, I sure love being a normal guy who loves an impossibly beautiful girl in my village. Oh, is that outsider hitting on her? Well, I'm all for fair competition. Time to see if I can—"

"Man, I sure love being a king who must do slightly evil things to keep my country running and people fed. I'm sure this guy who has modern morals won't do anything to m—"

"Man, I sure love being a slaver who got into this profession since I had no other choice, and because it is a normal job in this world. There is no way a Japanese hypocrite from another world will kill me, steal my slaves, and still keep them as slaves but he thinks he's fine because he's nice to them—"

"Man, I sure love being a noble who's engaged to my country's princess. I hope that the princess know that she cannot just break the engagement out of nowhere to travel with a guy who just set foot in this country 3 days ago. That would cause a lot of political strife and would possibly cause great instability in my country. Other nobles can also use it as an excuse to overthrow the king. She would literally be killing her own father if she did so—"

laccoff_mawning

Isn't there a KR novel with the same exact name?
There are many with "I became ___________ At the academy", so there might be, since I deliberately chose a generic korean-sounding as possible title for comedic purposes. If so, I might need to opt for a super-long title instead.

J_Chemist

The way I cackled. Brilliant.

TotallyHuman

I'm too filled with spite to be funny today, so...

I'm just a narrow-minded, emotion-driven idiot with tribal thinking but I got this power from a nebulous source in my hands and I am in a place where nobody knows me and it really sounds like the start of a tragedy or a villain's backstory but this is a good story about me making an embarrassment of the civilization that birthed me ~ adventures of an ordinary plebian office slave in another world ~

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
HKN is technically Isekai satire, just subtle and not so ham fisted.

Although I am planning in book two to send Ryan into alternate isekais for a while. I want to make a LitRPG world with stats like :

Stronk
Swole
Rizz
Chutzpah
Smert
Frame rate
Resolution

And everything has a level or is called a level, or is on a level. You go to a tavern and it's a level 4 tavern on the Dock level in level city which is a level 3 city.

"Level city, capital of the level empire. If you can level there, you can level anywhere."
I'm too filled with spite to be funny today, so...
EVERYONE!!!

SOMEONE NEEDS BELLY FARTS!!!

Last edited:

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
All the trucks began to chase me because I can't be killed! These trucks are hellbent on sending me to another world to the point where they do everything they can to run me over! Help! I don't want to become a main character!

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!

This is so beautiful and true. :blob_teary:

Comiak

Foxgirl enthusiast
:blob_hide:
"Man, I sure love being a god who irrisponsibly gives out overpowered abilities and reincarnate random people killed by trucks. I'm sure they won't abuse that power to impose their morals and ideology on-"