Writing about a character that is about to die

What is the best way of dying?

• Dying… at old age around your loved ones <3

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Dying while saving someone or something (could be an animal or a tree or a land)

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Dying while bringing down as many bad guys as much as possible

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Dying while donating your body to people of need and science

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dying after having a great time with your friends and family

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Dying because you can and it’s the right thing to do

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Other reasons (Please specify) :3

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

CheertheDead

The narcissist and Attention Whore :>
This is pretty close to what I meant by 'hard to understand'. You're projecting the thoughts of someone who isn't suicidal onto someone who is. What use is self-satisfaction to a dead person? Why would killing a politician matter? Why do you want happy memories if you won't be alive to cherish them? These aren't the actions of a suicidal person, they're the actions of someone who wants to do something even if they die in the process.

That's a mood.
Are you telling me the kamikaze is not a suicidal squad? :o

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Are you telling me the kamikaze is not a suicidal squad? :o
Correct. They're just very vindictive/driven. If the driven individual had a way to win without dying, they would take it. If the suicidal individual was told they could win without dying, they would say, "fuck it" and die anyways.

TotallyHuman

I don't think it matters how you die. You won't have the agency to care after the fact, and apart from that nothing really matters.
Well, it could be argued that living is also pointless, but, hey, at least you can forget about it in the moment. In death there is no you left to be distracted in the first place.
In any case, I don't really think there's a "best" way to die. That's a very consumerist thought and it feels very morbid to me.

Last edited:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Nothing like dedicating well spent time to hating on someone you'll never meet in real life, where you could be improving your own living situation.
I mean why bother hating when there's so many wonderful ways to get high? Hell, even working out gives you those sweet, succulent endorphins

Lorelliad

creating magic in a magic-less world 🪄
I'm no hero, but if I'm going to die, its gotta be by dying in style, a huge explosion to take down my enemies.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
The karmic kind of death, please. The "You want me dead, I want you dead. Let's both get wat we want" kind of death

DutyInternal

Other Reasons
my favorite death is a suicidal guy who died while appearing to be making a self sacrifice but really, they just wanted to die
one can only be rich if you hoard resources needed by others
in communist Russia...
I mean why bother hating when there's so many wonderful ways to get high? Hell, even working out gives you those sweet, succulent endorphins
“The greatest feeling you can get in a gym or the most satisfying feeling you can get in the gym is the pump. Let’s say you train your biceps, blood is rushing into your muscles and that’s what we call the pump. Your muscles get a really tight feeling like your skin is going to explode any minute and it's really tight and it's like someone is blowing air into your muscle and it just blows up and it feels different, it feels fantastic. It’s as satisfying to me as cumming is, you know, as in having sex with a woman and cumming. So can you believe how much I am in heaven? I am like getting the feeling of cumming in the gym; I’m getting the feeling of cumming at home; I’m getting the feeling of cumming backstage; when I pump up when I pose out in front of 5000 people I get the same feeling, so I am cumming day and night. It’s terrific, right? So you know, I am in heaven.”

– Arnold Schwarzenegger

AM-ACE-ING

There's technically no "best" way to die. Only the most painless, at least from your options. Your options give off a sense of fulfillment and or peace to the dying person in this scenario. These options could be considered the "best" ways to die to a person who would like to die without wasting their life and to do something they love in their last moments, ie saving things, donating to stuff, spending time with family, or kicking ass.

Some people might not think that those options would be the "best" ways to die. Some might think that dying alone with no fanfare is perfectly fine. Some might think that passing away in your sleep is also perfectly fine. I think that questions like these depends on your mental state and your mindset.