Writing Exercise: MAKE UP A QUOTE!! Inspire me, Thrill me, Enlighten me.

Devils.Advocate

An objectionable existence
So quoting famous people are easy.

Everyone and mums know how to find a good quote. It was harder in the 90s but google really change the quoting game.

When you are desperate in a party trying to pull Satre quotes out of you clench butt cheeks is no longer as impressive since everyone has probably been on Brainyquotes.com. What's worst some wise guy (usually me) with a phone or a half-decent memory will instantly call out any misquotes, misattribution or misinterpretations.

But!!!

The game we are going to play is here is much better it is not to quote existing good inspirational sayings.

BUT TO MAKE THEM UP!!!

Since this community is mostly writers... of course some of you might UR or SR tier in writing skill that is ultra quotable in all your novels or daily lives, where your lips are uttering golden pros between every breath and all your words will be on T-shirts from the day you speak them till the end of time.

But others are not.

HOWEVER, it does not mean we can't engineer quotability... for FUN!!

The game is simple, MAKE UP A QUOTE!!

DONT QUOTE A QUOTE!!! MAKE ON UP EVEN IF YOU DON"T BELIEVE IN IT!

Actually, extra points for making a quote you don't believe in!!!

If you like... if you made an exceptionally filthy insight, you can declare you don't believe... and remember to make it look like a quote!!!

E.G.
"As if often said by ancient Chinese philosophers, it pays to know where you are going, before taking the first step... since you will never know if you will get good GPS coverage." - Devil's Avocardo, 2020.
OR
I DON"T BELIEVE THIS INSIGHT BUT
"Romance.... is like a tissue... if you cry in it too much and it just... falls apart " - Devil's Avocardo, 2020.

Why write quotes you don't believe in? Why pretend to believe in something,? Isn't that just the basic of writing believable characters are all about?

Plus, aren't making "insights" you believe in too easy? Where is the challenge in that?!

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
So quoting famous people are easy.

Everyone and mums know how to find a good quote. It was harder in the 90s but google really change the quoting game.

When you are desperate in a party trying to pull Satre quotes out of you clench butt cheeks is no longer as impressive since everyone has probably been on Brainyquotes.com. What's worst some wise guy (usually me) with a phone or a half-decent memory will instantly call out any misquotes, misattribution or misinterpretations.

But!!!

The game we are going to play is here is much better it is not to quote existing good inspirational sayings.

BUT TO MAKE THEM UP!!!

Since this community is mostly writers... of course some of you might UR or SR tier in writing skill that is ultra quotable in all your novels or daily lives, where your lips are uttering golden pros between every breath and all your words will be on T-shirts from the day you speak them till the end of time.

But others are not.

HOWEVER, it does not mean we can't engineer quotability... for FUN!!

The game is simple, MAKE UP A QUOTE!!

DONT QUOTE A QUOTE!!! MAKE ON UP EVEN IF YOU DON"T BELIEVE IN IT!

Actually, extra points for making a quote you don't believe in!!!

If you like... if you made an exceptionally filthy insight, you can declare you don't believe... and remember to make it look like a quote!!!

E.G.

OR

Why write quotes you don't believe in? Why pretend to believe in something,? Isn't that just the basic of writing believable characters are all about?

Plus, aren't making "insights" you believe in too easy? Where is the challenge in that?!
When in doubt, use drugs

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
The hero will sacrifice himself to save the girl, whom he considers his one true love. I call him an moron. The villain will kill everyone else and kidnap the girl and force her to marry him against her wishes using mind control magic. I call him an amateur. Me? I'll sell her extremely overpriced merchandise, place her in more debt than she can feasibly ever pay back, and then kick her to the curb after she's lost everything she's ever owned trying to meet my monthly payments. Years later, when she's still trying to use her beauty to snag her a rich man to marry and erase her debts, I'll appear out of nowhere, scoop her up, and claim my prize. I call this professional patience and tactical genius.

TotallyHuman

The fool will try their hardest and, with great effort, accomplish the impossible task. The smart will try and do that too. The wise will get someone to do it for them

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Another quote from my failed, edgelord work that I threw into the dustbin,

"Others are busy making you frown, why not turn their smiles upside down."

Can someone do me a solid and create a haiku out of it? I am most definitely not paying for your work, so I will need "volunteers" for that.