Writing Writing so hard.

Aoibh

Mademoiselle
How do you write so many different facial expressions, I can’t seem to think the right words for the facial expressions I want to be conveyed. Could anyone give me some tips?

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
How do you write so many different facial expressions, I can’t seem to think the right words for the facial expressions I want to be conveyed. Could anyone give me some tips?
What? Like do you need vocabulary type stuff?
Befuddlement
Disdain
Indignation
Excitement
Mortification

Or physical reactions?
A sneer
A snort (of X)
A curve of the lip
A wink
Ground his (or her) teeth
A tic formed in his( or her) jaw
He (or she) swallowed (nervously?)

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
I am not exactly the best person to be giving advice, since I usually get away without describing physical appearances, but rather the 'feel' of the character's expressions ('a brigth' or 'a scary' expression) rather than their actual look (in part because I'm lazy).

In general, I'd say you should try to stick to the basics if you're going for physical descriptions, though try to add some flavor here and there with more 'feel'ish expressions. @G1onny_Rog3rs' link might be useful for your needs.

Aoibh

Mademoiselle
I usually stick to the basic stuff but there are plenty of resources out there for common phrases that can add a lot of that flavor text you're looking for. Here's an example.
Thank you! I will give this a look at!!
What? Like do you need vocabulary type stuff?
Befuddlement
Disdain
Indignation
Excitement
Mortification

Or physical reactions?
A sneer
A snort (of X)
A curve of the lip
A wink
Ground his (or her) teeth
A tic formed in his( or her) jaw
He (or she) swallowed (nervously?)
Vocabulary, my selection seems to be a bit dreary and repetitive lol
I am not exactly the best person to be giving advice, since I usually get away without describing physical appearances, but rather the 'feel' of the character's expressions ('a brigth' or 'a scary' expression) rather than their actual look (in part because I'm lazy).

In general, I'd say you should try to stick to the basics if you're going for physical descriptions, though try to add some flavor here and there with more 'feel'ish expressions. @G1onny_Rog3rs' link might be useful for your needs.
I would like to articulate a bit more than that, but not too where where It would just looks like a whole book of facial Expressions and not knowing there simple names lol

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
e2tj4yeqz0s21.jpg

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Thank you! I will give this a look at!!

Vocabulary, my selection seems to be a bit dreary and repetitive lol
Here, then
Otherwise, just read more and better books. Japan and Chinese stories dont often use heavy descriptions like, say, a western story would. Weatern authors tend to be much more expressive.

Game of Thrones, for example, is very description heavy. It's a world apart from any japanese work in that alone

Aoibh

Mademoiselle
Here, then
Otherwise, just read more and better books. Japan and Chinese stories dont often use heavy descriptions like, say, a western story would. Weatern authors tend to be much more expressive.

Game of Thrones, for example, is very description heavy. It's a world apart from any japanese work in that alone
I tend not to learn vocabualry from American teachers since in England we would use it a bit differently.
I do read a lot of books but I don't really intake setence usage, i should probably break down stories o.o

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I tend not to learn vocabualry from American teachers since in England we would use it a bit differently.
I do read a lot of books but I don't really intake setence usage, i should probably break down stories o.o
Yeah you should definitely take note of reactions, at least.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Internet, where I get my stupid question answered, where I get my names, how to describe sht and even where I took the faces and plaster them on my character. Just need a good mind and a lot of research on google and your good to go.

TotallyHuman

As a modern person, you should do like everyone else and outsource your thinking process to Google

am not exactly the best person to be giving advice, since I usually get away without describing physical appearances, but rather the 'feel' of the character's expressions ('a brigth' or 'a scary' expression) rather than their actual look (in part because I'm lazy).
I'm going to give this a bump. Most of us know what different expressions look like, so this is powerful. When you want to describe an expression directly, adjectives are your friend.

- Ed looked a me with a wan smile.
- Kara pick up the salamander with a goofy grin.
- Norman gave a pensive frown.

When you're talking about a non-human, just tell what your characters see.

- The dragon's toothy maw gaped open and for ten seconds I thought I was going to die, till I realize it was grinning at Karl's joke.
"Do go on," it said, "tell me another."

Good Luck,
Trinity's Gadget.