Your favorite line from your current work?

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
As much or as little context as you wish (the exception being posting the whole chapter, obviously).

I'll start: My MC was reckless in attacking a swarm of low-level beasts. His partner/master chastised him. She left off with this gem: "You wield your sword like an artist with his brush. But you need to be careful lest it be your blood that paint the canvas."

Hopper

Intruding Person's account, yes.
"So, we were having trouble knowing each other. But, now that we were forced to do so to reach Door 101, we introduced each other and now we walk together passing Door 56. And let me tell you, this is as disturbing as how satan disturbs Jesus.

It is dead silent...

Ayanokoji. A student of the most prestigious high school in the world.

Alex Mason. A skilled CIA operative who was currently tasked to kill or capture a cartel mob.

Mio. An assassin leader who loves the disguising knife (he calls it YER for short).

And me, an ordinary cleric.

God, help me. These people are quiet as if they're doing "Devotional Time" in unison."

Yeah, not quite a one-liner. Ima find one soon.
"Theoretically, you're just a mere human. But practically, based on the test result, you're a god."

-Isaac Kleiner to Saitama

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
Was written in the planning files, didn't reach that part in the current writing :blob_teary:

"Isn't it you who given me time? Why can't I use this time to save you? You can seek death, you can try to kill yourself, or even give up. But I won’t."

D

Deleted member 156229

"Cirakari's vision blurred. Tears, hot and angry, welled up, spilling over in a torrent that defied her control. Nothembi, her expression uncharacteristically vulnerable, pulled Cirakari into a hug. The embrace held a lifetime of unspoken words, a plea, a promise, a heartbreaking truth."
Chapter Four - Healing wounds

Cirakari was once like a daughter to Nothembi, but the years of serving together and the hierarchical chain of command made them distant from each other. Sadly... Very few people got to this part of the story :cry:

greyliliy

“I’ve been here for ten years,” Lenore said. She exhaled and shook her head with a smile. “Believe it or not, but I used to be—”

“An administrative assistant,” a deep, smug voice cut in. “And a bit of a crybaby, right, Lenore?

“James.” Lenore turned around to the Knight in black armor standing behind them. She read [Lvl 30 - James] and pinched her nose. No wonder he looked so smug. He’d leveled up twice since she last saw him. Lenore dropped her hand and huffed. “Just perfect.”

From My Party Gained a Serial Killer.
Second fav moment. The first one is too spoilery. Lol.

Sylver

"I just want you safe and I want you happy. Can't we have both?" - Felix

The lead couple in their first big fight. The female lead is a cat girl or Nekomata, a Monster Girl, and the male lead is her human mate/partner. The fight happens because he rejects the idea of helping another Monster Girl by letting her hide in their home out of fear of them discovering his mate. Monster Girls are seen as evil malicious and lustful creatures, they're hunted and killed if caught by the public eye. He's hiding his partner to keep her safe, but this fight erupts and she shares her frustration and anger for him keeping her from going outside due to a terrible public encounter several chapters earlier.

There's more context behind that scene, but that line concludes their big fight as they feel both regret and relief for speaking what's been building up between them in secret. There's no proper resolution to this argument, because just like in real life there is no all encompassing answer to all of their problems. They just go to sleep and hope for a brighter tomorrow, slowly discovering and learning how to move from this.

QuercusMalus

A bad apple...
It's my favorite because it's the reoccurring theme of the story:

Aalis was slacking, lost in a daydream, fantasizing about the planned evening rendezvous when Winnifred, Winny's, hand came down on the back of her head.
"Do it correctly."
Aalis rubbed her head and averted her eyes as Winny stood above her, fists braced on her ample hips before daring to voice her thoughts."But it's too hard to get into all the crevices, besides no one will see it so why bother? It's good enough now."
There was a murmur of ascent from the surrounding maids, a murmur cut short by the sharp hiss of indrawn air from Winny. Her hand lashed out, connecting with Aalis' ear, sending her sideways.
"Right and Easy are different words for a reason. Now, you layabouts- Do it right or I'll make you wish you had." To emphasize her words she unhooked the rough leather crop that hung from her belt, swinging it into her other palm with an audible crack as she surveyed the assembled maids, who found renewed energy and focus for the task on hand.

Last edited:
"Hundreds of years since i have been home. hundreds of years since i seen the castles dome. hundreds of years since i sat on my throne."

"Yet today is not the day, In time of peace they do not need a warlord, in times of peace they shall not have blood." I said to myself as I lifted myself of the floor. "I Need to hurry, need to go farther, much farther than before, much farther away from home."

Sovrign

The Isekai POV found himself in the dead body of a young man:

"Do you really need to kill me?" I asked, my voice steady despite the tremor of fear that danced along my spine.

"A man paid a few golds to watch over a dead body… I don't think he would like to know the corpse walking away." The thug replied with a shrug.

Datal0g

Hard to decide - I think this one:
I looked exhausted and completely run down, hungry and now quite bloody... like the star of a Die Hard movie.