Scribbly Anniversary V2

Mihou

Firefly—
I apologize for how stupid I sound saying this: this FAQ has been confusing me (and others). Do you mean we can publish the story on a Patreon or only the "advanced chapters" (what does that even mean?)?
Advanced chapters.

• Haha
Reactions: CL

Zavha0mnic

More even.

If you've already posted the original story before on another website then it's not allowed. However, if you've never post the original story then it's fine.

Depends on the context like for example,

I would allow this since it's part of the history genre. However, if you writing a storyu about the reestablishing of Hogwarts then it won't be allowed
thanks.

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
I need the definition to bring back as an answer towards those who don't understand.
For all intents and purposes though, you could basically have the entire thing on patreon, since unless you delete chapters (and no one does), your entire novel will be on there solely through advance chapters. Main difference being that the story on patreon is not public.

Reactions: CL

CL

They are additional chapters ahead of what is publicly available accessible only by subscribing and becoming a patron of the author.

For all intents and purposes though, you could basically have the entire thing on patreon, since unless you delete chapters (and no one does), your entire novel will be on there solely through advance chapters. Main difference being that the story on patreon is not public.
That is what confused me. The way that FAQ was worded had me taking it as that you couldn't publish the story elsewhere and only publish those advanced chapters on your patreon (because those advance chapters are not being submitted into the contest, I guess?).

Michuyu

this sounds cool, but after reading comments, maybe it's not worth joining cause I wouldn't be writing smut? >.< Gah! But I have so much to proveeeeee. haha jkjk. I guess I'll join for the heck of it :D

Mihou

Firefly—
this sounds cool, but after reading comments, maybe it's not worth joining cause I wouldn't be writing smut? >.< Gah! But I have so much to proveeeeee. haha jkjk. I guess I'll join for the heck of it :D
You dont have to write smut though 😉

Michuyu

You dont have to write smut though 😉
ik ik xD The first few comments were saying that's the trend rn, so it'll get the most attention. Thank you for the reassurance though! <3

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
ik ik xD The first few comments were saying that's the trend rn, so it'll get the most attention. Thank you for the reassurance though! <3
I wouldn't worry about the smut part, it has only won once in the last 3 competition. More or less a recency bias.

Freesia.Cutepearl

Nonsensically Weird while Weirdly Nonsensical
Q: Can I use an alternate/spin-off/fanfic of an existing story?
A: No, you can not. It must be an original story with no link to an existing story/world.
Aww I missed this before, so, I guess my idea wouldn't work?
I basically wanted to isekai an entire Starship, loosely based on Star trek, but not taking place in that universe, into being stranded on a fantasy world in another ...something. Basically everything would be original except for the Starship being loosely based on Trek technology. Unique crew and ship design/class, etc.

I assume that's too much of a link still?

If I could still participate but just not win any money that'd be fine with me too.

Or.. maybe I could rethink the scifi bits? Idk.

Sandycat135

Welp I'll give it a shot.
I always wanted to write this story for ages.
It doesn't have any romance, so I'll know it'll probably do badly.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
I basically wanted to isekai an entire Starship, loosely based on Star trek, but not taking place in that universe, into being stranded on a fantasy world in another
If you kept the same names of the original Star Trek world then it would breech the fanfic rule. However, if they are different character that just somewhat resembled the original character then it's fine.

Freesia.Cutepearl

If you kept the same names of the original Star Trek world then it would breech the fanfic rule. However, if they are different character that just somewhat resembled the original character then it's fine.
Ah thanks, the crew, ship(name/class/design), and all that was going to be unique, originally some terms and design principals would overlap, like warp drives(though this is a more general term now), phasers, etc. I could change things though to make it be more unique. It's a bit wonky when you get into some Sci-Fi names as they're based on real scientific terms. There's also things like "starship" - it's a Trek term, but it's also used in other things, like "Starship Troopers" and Elon Musk's "Starship." But uhm, I'm more interested in just participating even if I can't win.

Ugh idk, I guess we'll see how it goes and if you need me to change something I will. I could try going a bit more satire route, like how Spaceballs is to Star Wars for example, close, but not. I'll see what happens, thank you for the input!

J_Griffith

Do not use stolen artwork for your story cover. (You must state the source of your art in the synopsis) - If no source is stated, your story will be removed from the contest.
I'm sorry, but i have a question on this, does it mean any image as long as we provide source? or any image on cc and source as waifulabs?

I'm asking for the definition of stolen for the contest xD

Freesia.Cutepearl

I'm sorry, but i have a question on this, does it mean any image as long as we provide source? or any image on cc and source as waifulabs?

I'm asking for the definition of stolen for the contest xD
I'm actually curious on this as well, as I had planned to use some photo editing on video game assets. Namely, using a picture of a character made via a character creator in a MMO or similar. And possibly a ship designed by a modder from a modpack from another game(aka not a copyrighted model/design).

I thought about stitching elements together and using a filter to make it look like a drawing or painting.