Post Your Synopsis & Get Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 45782
  • Start date

Sylverius

Old name: Sylphias
Man, you guys move so fast I can not keep up. :sweating_profusely: Give me some time, because giving a decent write-up for all of these new synopses going to take a while.
And that's it for me today. @Sylphias , @Hadassah , I'll get to your synopsis in a day or two.
Mate, that's okay. I can wait for a long time
1619406283400.png

Muddy

Man, seeing my own posts here on mobile sure makes me aware of how long-winded I am. It's like, who is this dude that just keeps on spitting out words as if he's the center of the universe. And then comes the realization that the pompous, long-winded ass is me. :blob_hmm:

Embarrassing.

Might need to fix that. I'm never going to catch up with the post count of those that do one-sentence posts this way.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (Take 3 in REEE language)

Synopsis:
What is a King?
Kings aren't just known as Kings due to their bloodline. They are also known as Kings due to their mysterious power. Their power allows them to destroy enemy armies, command their own race, split mountains, and kill dragons, the strongest type of monsters. Yet even after all these years, the origin of their powers still remain unknown.

Now, a once ugly, and sickly kid has been given a 2nd chance in life to redeem himself. He is to be transported in a fantasy world, where he was given cheat powers. However, that same cheat power is too strong, he can not wield it unless he wants to destroy himself as well as the world, until then, he must become strong. He will live in a fantasy world where he must use his knowledge to the fullest and make sure he can use his ability even before time renders him weak. His main goal? To fulfill his deal, to "live as long as he can". Our main protagonist now dives into the new world with a dark past. This time, as the "Silver King".

So, about the "Endgame" part, yep that was a mistake. It was mentioned in the novel that he was to be given a power which he could only use once he's strong enough, but he can only use it when he's as strong as the dragon mentioned, which is basically the strongest mortal in the novel. I used the wrong term, which was the fault I was referring to, so I decided to change it. Is it better now? I also changed the first one.

You're getting there. A couple of minor things remaining. I'm going to try and illustrate those with a bit of a rewrite. Feel free to disregard. I'm just using this to illustrate some principles.

What is a King?​
A King is more than just a bloodline. Kings have been granted a mysterious power. The power to destroy armies, split mountains, command their own race, and even kill dragons.​
The origin of this power remains unknown even to this day.​

What this does:
  • Giving that last sentence its own paragraph splits this first bit into a clear beginning, middle, and end.
  • The slight rewrite of the first two sentences is mostly to strengthen the language (e.g Kings are instead of Kings are known as)
  • by turning kill dragons into even kill dragons you can get rid of the bit about the strongest type of monsters. It serves as a subconscious marker that indicates the list is sorted in order of difficulty.
The second part can get a similar treatment
  • 2nd chance in life to redeem himself feels a little redundant. Maybe shorten it to a second chance?
  • You might want to use second instead of 2nd. In general, you want to write short numbers (<10) in full, large numbers as numbers.
  • some minor redundancies that can be improved: strong/strong/weak, three separate sentences that mention his cheat power.
  • deal is on the vague side again. It is almost a synonym for goal, and that makes it read like you're answering the question with the question: "His main goal? To fulfill his goal."

I outta be willing to take it though if I am going to offer critique as well. So please take a moment to examine my own synopsis. I appreciate the help!

Erin Razor uses her coffee to get through the day, her motorcycle to get around Meridian City, and her constant research to survive what she - and most of the world - is pretty certain is a computer-generated reality.

Had she known a career in programming would put her in an office with Tyson, one of the Outsiders joyriding in her world, Erin might have sought isolation on a rural commune.

The mind-dominating system that controls the world now seems determined to force Erin to make friends with Tyson and his cohort of Outsiders. Erin quickly realizes she’s in a fight for her own mind as she tries to contain the havoc wrought by their ‘fun’, which starts with events as a seemingly low stakes date and morphs over their friendship into spectacles like Erin’s own live- streamed kidnapping.

Either she must resolve to absolve herself of the guilt of enabling these Outsiders and their deadly superheroic games, or else Erin will need to stand up to the system that has kept everyone, including the Outsiders, ignorant of the scope of its conquest to make any difference.

Ooh. Strong. I like. Some minor nits:

The first paragraph is incredible. We get to know the protagonist, her quirks, the world, and the conflict, all with very economic use of words. It has all the makings of an absolute banger of an opening paragraph. And then it ends with that 'pretty certain'. That feels like very weak language in an otherwise fantastically strong start.

You like longer sentences and commas. That's a bit unusual for the English language, but you make it work really well. It carries style and tone. It fails in the "Erin quickly realizes..." sentence though. Too long. Too many commas. I barely managed to get it on the first read, and my native language loves these kinds of run-on sentences, so I'm probably more accustomed to them than most readers.

In that same sentence, you should probably try to get rid of the realizes. It's one of those words that pulls you of the narrative, exactly because it reminds you that you're reading a narrative. Maybe 'Now Erin is caught in a fight for...'

The last paragraph feels a bit more awkwardly loaded with tricks than it should be: Resolve to absolve, need to stand up, of the guilt of, of the scope of. Going by both the previous paragraphs (... and the actual chapters, congrats, you've gained a reader) I'm assuming you're trying to mesh high-stakes with whimsy. This is the one place where it feels a little forced.

Guess I've give this a shot, since my synopsis is still kinda up in the air for me. It's hard for me to describe down my story tones in an quick and entertaining way
Synopsis:
Turmoil brews in Japan when a mysterious man attacks seemingly random parts in Osaka. A lone individual joined a local detective agency to find the truths of this mystery as well as the secrets behind the two children who hold a strong power. They must be protect from the mysterious man who has his sights set on the children and the tools that contain magic. The world expands from here with grand ambitions that must be caught. Heroism lies dead in the corner and what binds humanity all together ends NOW.
There's a case that needs to be solved but at what cost? Their lives.

It's a mystery detective story if you couldn't tell

The first impression this synopsis gives me is that you're aiming for two simultaneous vibes:
  • grand and epic: Turmoil brews, The world expands from here, Grand ambitions that must be caught, Heroism lies dead, What binds humanity, At what cost
  • Mysterious: Mysterious man, Seemingly random parts, A lone individual, Truth of the mystery, The secret behind two children, The tools that contain magic
As a result, the whole thing reads like a movie-trailer voiceover for the next summer blockbuster. I don't know if this kind of "epic narration" feel is what you were going for, but it's there. That's good. It's all a bit over the top, but you've got a very consistent tone and feel to your synopsis. You've mostly gotten the punchiness of a synopsis down as well, with relatively little redundancy.

Where it falls a little flat is that there's nothing underneath the consistent tone. In an actual movie trailer, that layer underneath is provided by the visuals: we get to see the protagonist do his thing while the narration is going on. In a synopsis, you've only got the words. So you need to provide those solid visuals as words. You need to ground and contextualize the narration.

You need to tell me who your MC is and why I should care for them. You need to tell me what the MC trying to accomplish, and why I should care for that goal. Right now you're only doing that in vague allusions, hidden in the grand and mysterious descriptors. Right now it's just a story of a lone individual in search of the truth of the mystery trying to protect [...] the two children. And that's really not telling me all that much.

Just as a concrete example of the vagueness, we're not just missing the MC's name, but also their gender and approximate age. I have no idea how to picture the MC in my mind, because there is nothing to go on besides a loner, probably from Osaka.

So... you'll need to weave in some more solid details to make this work. You don't need to divulge all of the plot for that, but you do need to give the reader a little more to go on than movie trailer quotes.

D

Deleted member 45782

Thanks so much @Muddy ! Your feedback really helped us a lot and very thorough too! :D
Sending virtual hot chocolate: :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
This one is for Ai-chan's new story planned for nanowrimo, Paint Me In Your Colours. It is an action incest romance. No there won't be incest at start, but at some point, her big brother will leave home and she will chase after him. The game she reincarnated in is very similar to Darksouls, except it's a roguelike. If you die, you die.

Rina Miyajima died one day and woke up as Suyari Elsdorn, the daughter of a knight in service of a poor count. The problem is, she is inside the roguelike action-adventure game Paint It Red, and the final disaster that would destroy the human race is only thirty years away but that's beside the point, because she would die in six years. To make it worse, the companion character she fell in love with from the game is her big brother!

Muddy

This one is for Ai-chan's new story planned for nanowrimo, Paint Me In Your Colours. It is an action incest romance. No there won't be incest at start, but at some point, her big brother will leave home and she will chase after him. The game she reincarnated in is very similar to Darksouls, except it's a roguelike. If you die, you die.

Rina Miyajima died one day and woke up as Suyari Elsdorn, the daughter of a knight in service of a poor count. The problem is, she is inside the roguelike action-adventure game Paint It Red, and the final disaster that would destroy the human race is only thirty years away but that's beside the point, because she would die in six years. To make it worse, the companion character she fell in love with from the game is her big brother!

Aaaah, I get to take a stab at an Ai-chan synopsis! I am not worthy. :blob_shock:

I can't spot a lot of major things wrong here, but it does have some spots that can be polished a bit. Most of this is just nitpicking.
(post review note: just a couple minor things, I said. And then I wrote a book. I really need someone to teach my how to be more succinct, because this is getting absurd.)

It's just a little thing, but the died one day lacks a bit of punch. It's not really specific, as everyone dies one day. You could probably add a bit more weight with a better specifier, or even by simply removing the "one day". Rina died. Rina died young. Rina died unloved. Rina died in a car accident. Rina was run over by a truck. All of those are more powerful statements than "Rina died one day".

One thing you're also missing out on with just saying "one day", is an opportunity to tell me who Rina is. All I learn about her throughout the synopsis is that she's in love with a character from a video game. Even just qualifying how/why/when/where she died would tell us something more about the protagonist.

This lack of information on the protagonist translates into a rather weird feeling once you get to in service of a poor count. That's a great part, as it incites an immediate otome-reincarnation feeling. However, because of this statement, by this point in the synopsis we know more of Suyari's father than we know about Rina/Suyari. That's kind of awkward, as Rina/Suyari is supposed to be the MC.

MC introduction over, you follow it up with the problem is. So it looks like you're going for the classic MC > Goal > Obstacle introduction. But placing the problem statement so early feels a little weird. We barely know the MC at this point, and she hasn't really got a goal yet for the obstacle to interfere with.

One detail about this bugs me as well. I know it's purely my personal opinion about reincarnation stories, a sentiment that probably won't be shared by most readers on this site, but I'm going to mention it anyway. Unless Rina is the world's biggest shut-in loser without a family then suddenly dying and then being reincarnated forcibly shoved into another world and into another person's body is a massive problem. So Rina's problems don't start at finding out she's in a game. They start right at "Rina died". Like I said, purely a personal hangup. But having it shoved in my face with a "the problem is" kind of pushes my buttons. :blob_hmph::blob_hmph::blob_hmph::blob_catflip:

Yep, got to vent a little. All better now. Back to synopsis feedback.

The "the problem is" sentence feels a bit on the long side as well. It almost looks like you're trying to avoid starting sentences with and or but by chaining things together with commas instead.

The pacing at which you reveal the numerous problems feels a bit off as well. Is too fast for a bit of breathing room with rising and falling action. Yet at the same time, it's not snappy enough to be a runaway train of issues. (snappier example: The problem is... she's stuck in a deadly roguelike videogame. The world will end in 30 years. She will die in six. Yet none of that matters because the companion...)

Finally, I'm going to quickly assume that part of the hook here is the question "is it still twincest when it's the body but no longer the soul?". If that is the case (disregard if not), then the use of she and her instead of names in the last sentence weakens that message. "The game character Rina fell in love with is Suyari's, and thus now her brother."

And finally, finally. Paint It Red: Do we even need the name of the game? Why name the game, but not her father or brother?

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Aaaah, I get to take a stab at an Ai-chan synopsis! I am not worthy. :blob_shock:

I can't spot a lot of major things wrong here, but it does have some spots that can be polished a bit. Most of this is just nitpicking.
(post review note: just a couple minor things, I said. And then I wrote a book. I really need someone to teach my how to be more succinct, because this is getting absurd.)

It's just a little thing, but the died one day lacks a bit of punch. It's not really specific, as everyone dies one day. You could probably add a bit more weight with a better specifier, or even by simply removing the "one day". Rina died. Rina died young. Rina died unloved. Rina died in a car accident. Rina was run over by a truck. All of those are more powerful statements than "Rina died one day".

One thing you're also missing out on with just saying "one day", is an opportunity to tell me who Rina is. All I learn about her throughout the synopsis is that she's in love with a character from a video game. Even just qualifying how/why/when/where she died would tell us something more about the protagonist.

This lack of information on the protagonist translates into a rather weird feeling once you get to in service of a poor count. That's a great part, as it incites an immediate otome-reincarnation feeling. However, because of this statement, by this point in the synopsis we know more of Suyari's father than we know about Rina/Suyari. That's kind of awkward, as Rina/Suyari is supposed to be the MC.

MC introduction over, you follow it up with the problem is. So it looks like you're going for the classic MC > Goal > Obstacle introduction. But placing the problem statement so early feels a little weird. We barely know the MC at this point, and she hasn't really got a goal yet for the obstacle to interfere with.

One detail about this bugs me as well. I know it's purely my personal opinion about reincarnation stories, a sentiment that probably won't be shared by most readers on this site, but I'm going to mention it anyway. Unless Rina is the world's biggest shut-in loser without a family then suddenly dying and then being reincarnated forcibly shoved into another world and into another person's body is a massive problem. So Rina's problems don't start at finding out she's in a game. They start right at "Rina died". Like I said, purely a personal hangup. But having it shoved in my face with a "the problem is" kind of pushes my buttons. :blob_hmph::blob_hmph::blob_hmph::blob_catflip:

Yep, got to vent a little. All better now. Back to synopsis feedback.

The "the problem is" sentence feels a bit on the long side as well. It almost looks like you're trying to avoid starting sentences with and or but by chaining things together with commas instead.

The pacing at which you reveal the numerous problems feels a bit off as well. Is too fast for a bit of breathing room with rising and falling action. Yet at the same time, it's not snappy enough to be a runaway train of issues. (snappier example: The problem is... she's stuck in a deadly roguelike videogame. The world will end in 30 years. She will die in six. Yet none of that matters because the companion...)

Finally, I'm going to quickly assume that part of the hook here is the question "is it still twincest when it's the body but no longer the soul?". If that is the case (disregard if not), then the use of she and her instead of names in the last sentence weakens that message. "The game character Rina fell in love with is Suyari's, and thus now her brother."

And finally, finally. Paint It Red: Do we even need the name of the game? Why name the game, but not her father or brother?
Thanks for the input. Ai-chan will see if Ai-chan can take your suggestions and add it into the synopsis.

The reason why the name Paint It Red is mentioned is because of the novel's title, Paint Me In Your Colours. The name Paint is important because the entire premise of the story is about her revolving her life around the search for her brother, who left on a journey after sulking from finding out his little sister is a better fighter than him. Another reason why the name of the game is important is because Suyari became strong due to her attachment towards the game. Not only does she know where the awesome stuff and secrets are, the game also has a full and extensive sword arts system, originally an option used by the protagonist of the game, but because she practiced it so much, she remembered all the moves.

As for why the father's name is not mentioned, he's really not that important. He's mostly at the lord's castle and his fee (a single village) is managed by his wife. The only time his appearance is significant is after the monster rampage where his three children Arwakil, Suyari and Varyl and his wife fought off the monsters. Arwakil will leave and Suyari will say that she's going to bring him back, at which point their father will challenge Suyari to a duel. She will lose but her father will acknowledge her skill and resolve, thus allowing her to go with the condition that she must return within 5 years regardless of whether or not she finds Arwakil.

About the brother's name, originally Ai-chan included the name, but decided not to in the end. Below is the original synopsis.

Rina Miyajima died in an earthquake one day and woke up as Suyari Elsdorn, the daughter of a renown knight in service of a poor count. As a result of being born into a poor family at the bottom of nobility, being married off to a noble as a third or fourth concubine would be in her future.

She wouldn't want that, of course. So with the experience and knowledge she acquired from her previous life, she decided to train her body and one day offer her services as a female knight to a higher noble. There is just one problem.

Suyari Elsdorn was inside the roguelike action game Paint It Red. And the companion character she fell in love with from the game, the chivalrious man called Mountain Breaker Arwakil Elsdorn sits right beside her. As her big brother!

Funnyface

Hey everyone. This is for my new series Psydeath. Can someone give it a look? I've rewritten it like 50 times to try and make it nice and clean.

The Pit is the occult capital of the world, a dirty and violent city where powerful criminal organizations wage war for control of the drug trade, a city of the damned where maniacs with psychic powers stalk the streets, a mysterious city wrapped in a purple blanket of smog where the insane screams of homeless drug addicts can be heard day and night. The people of the Pit long for a savior to rescue them from their living nightmare. They cry for a hero to lead them out of the darkness!

A young psychic, Rex, was cast out of the street gang known as the Animal Brotherhood. Years later, he's become a monstrous serial killer with an uncontrollable urge to hunt down and eliminate his former Brothers one by one. The public has dubbed him Psydeath, an untiring vigilante who kills criminals without mercy and eludes all capture. They praise his bloody work and glorify him as a hero. Some have even taken to worshipping him as a supernatural being. Is Rex the savior the people have been longing for, or is he an omen of disaster for the Pit?

The story of a brutal killer with mercilessly dispenses death. He laughs as the scattered members of the Animal Brotherhood run for their lives! A demonic force is sweeping the Pit for criminals to drag to Hell!

D

Deleted member 45782

Hey everyone. This is for my new series Psydeath. Can someone give it a look? I've rewritten it like 50 times to try and make it nice and clean.

The Pit is the occult capital of the world, a dirty and violent city where powerful criminal organizations wage war for control of the drug trade, a city of the damned where maniacs with psychic powers stalk the streets, a mysterious city wrapped in a purple blanket of smog where the insane screams of homeless drug addicts can be heard day and night. The people of the Pit long for a savior to rescue them from their living nightmare. They cry for a hero to lead them out of the darkness!

A young psychic, Rex, was cast out of the street gang known as the Animal Brotherhood. Years later, he's become a monstrous serial killer with an uncontrollable urge to hunt down and eliminate his former Brothers one by one. The public has dubbed him Psydeath, an untiring vigilante who kills criminals without mercy and eludes all capture. They praise his bloody work and glorify him as a hero. Some have even taken to worshipping him as a supernatural being. Is Rex the savior the people have been longing for, or is he an omen of disaster for the Pit?

The story of a brutal killer with mercilessly dispenses death. He laughs as the scattered members of the Animal Brotherhood run for their lives! A demonic force is sweeping the Pit for criminals to drag to Hell!
The Pit is the occult capital of the world, a dirty and violent city where powerful criminal organizations wage war for control of the drug trade, a city of the damned where maniacs with psychic powers stalk the streets, a mysterious city wrapped in a purple blanket of smog where the insane screams of homeless drug addicts can be heard day and night.

I feel the first sentence could be broken down into two sentences. Not sure how to explain it but it seems not smooth with the first sentence.
Unless its a list of what your city is, then it may be best to have an and before the "a mysterious..."

The last part is unneeded. Also should the story of a brutal killer who mercilessly dispenses death.

I think you talked a bit in the second paragraph how he gets rid of the Animal Brotherhood members so its bit repetitive. Moreover, the last paragraph - that is something that should be left for the readers find out while they read the story and get an understanding of what the character is like, through development, not necessary in synopsis.

Sure. By the way, the hook at the end isn't that strong.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 45782

Here's how I might write the synopsis. Granted I'm no expert on synopses either, so take it with a pinch of salt:

The Pit, the occult capital of the world, is a place where powerful criminals organizations wage war for control on the drug trade. Maniacs with psychic powers stalk the streets. Deranged screams of homeless drug addicts are heard day and night, in this mysterious city wrapped in a purple blanket of smog. The people of the Pit long for a savior to rescue them from their living nightmare.

A young psychic, Rex has been cast out from the gang of the Animal Brotherhood. Filled with vengeance, he becomes a monstrous serial killer with an uncontrollable urge to hunt down and eliminate his former Brothers one by one. The public dubbed him as Psydeath, a vigilante who kills criminals without mercy, all the while eluding capture. The public praised his bloody work and glorified him as a hero. Some have even taken to worshipping him as a deity. But is Rex the savior the people of the Pit have long awaited for, or is he an omen of disaster?

D

Deleted member 45782

Dark Inklings

What will you promise for, in return of some creativity?

What would you give up in exchange for creativity?

For Kai Szeto, it was a simple, offhanded comment at a bus stop that led him into the mess he's in now. A despondent writer that has grown bitter over the seemingly endless writer's block, he makes a wish aloud for some inspiration. Something to stir his thoughts and make him feel a way he hasn't for a long time.

An old man heard him and smiled; he offered a deal that will inspire him in 10 days time. Cynical, Kai shook his hand anyway. Perhaps an old man's wise words meant something.

Kai Szeto, a despondent writer who suffers from a lack of inspiration, made a wish at the bus stop one day. He hoped to find something to stir his thoughts and bring passion to his life once again. Little did he know that this simple off-handed comment would drag him into an enormous mess.

A mysterious old man heard Kai's comment and offered him the deal of a lifetime: if he could make it through the next ten days, he'd be blessed with limitless inspiration. Kai was cynical but he accepted the deal anyway. Almost immediately, things began to shift in the most mysterious and horrifying ways imaginable!

The deal was to survive in 10 days. After 10 days, the creativity will began to bleed into his life once more. If not? Then his soul will perish as a mere sidepiece in a game set by an amused demon.

Now all Kai just wants is his survival. But can he make it out alive? And if he does, will he come out unscathed?

The deal was to survive for 10 days. After 10 days, the creativity will begin to bleed into Kai's life once more. If not, he will perish as a pawn in a game devised by a sadistic demon!

Kai doesn't care about his writing anymore. All he can hope now for is his survival!

I italicized grammatical errors and made some rewrites, feel free to use them or not. This story looks really cool! Can't wait to read it!
Thanks! I do think its best to avoid the "Little does he know" - I feel this has been overused a lot and is cliché.
Wouldn't describe him as sadistic in that he likes to torture mc just for the sake of torture, but perhaps in an amused bored way, to give mortals a taste of what they wish for. I don't like putting exclamations at the end of every paragraph's ending sentence.
Its not a guarantee of limitless inspiration either hehe...just "inspired" is all the old demon vaguely said.

That being said, good luck with your story writing. I think both of us also needs work on a consistent past/present tense even though its pretty hard to do so. :)

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Funnyface

Thanks! I do think its best to avoid the "Little does he know" - I feel it has been overused and a bit cliche.
You could definitely mix it up. I barely notice it as a cliche, but you could do something different like:

It was this simple comment that led him to the worst week of his life

or

Those casual words sealed his fate

or

He never could have known that this simple comment would destroy him (never could have known is not much different I guess)

D

Deleted member 45782

You could definitely mix it up. I barely notice it as a cliche, but you could do something different like:

It was this simple comment that led him to the worst week of his life

or

Those casual words sealed his fate

or

He never could have known that this simple comment would destroy him (never could have known is not much different I guess)
Interesting. Well hopefully we can get better at our synopses. To each their story writing. :)
Gonna work on making it better.

shubh

Title : The Math Genius Ramu
Synopsis :
At 12 years of age, Ramu was the most geekish boy in his class and was ostracized by his classmates, but it was still all fine as he was the Math teacher's darling. So no one dared to pick on him. In an effort to live up to the teacher's expectations, he studied, studied, and studied even more.

But, it all for naught as this was what led to his downfall. Things started changing when he started viewing the faults in the teacher's explanations. His respect for the teacher started crashing down. And all hell breaks loose on the day he pointed out flaws in the teacher's explanations. Instantly, things reversed and he became the most popular guy in the class and the teacher's enemy number 1.

This place became a hell-hole for Ramu. He started seeing weird dreams of constellations approaching him to make him his disciple. But by then, his trust in elders has reached level -1 and he said no to all of them. Then, one night, one of the constellations challenges him to a math contest and he loses... hard.

"Aah... So you are average too. Nobody can't beat me after all", the constellation remarks.
I retort, "No I can. I will"
"Then become my disciple"

And in the desperation to salvage his pride, he makes the biggest blunder of his life... signing a pact with the Devil himself.

Now at 15, he has made a name for himself in the [Special People] community, but revenge is still a far cry for him. In the meanwhile, he is assigned a disciple to train. Will the disciple help bridge the gap between him and the constellation?

D

Deleted member 45782

Hi there! Forgot to reply back. Your synopsis seems pretty interesting. It may be something i might actually click on to read.
Title : The Math Genius Ramu
Synopsis :
At 12 years of age, Ramu was the most geekish boy in his class and was ostracized by his classmates, but it was still all fine as he was the Math teacher's darling. So no one dared to pick on him. In an effort to live up to the teacher's expectations, he studied, studied, and studied even more.

But, it all for naught as this was what led to his downfall. Things started changing when he started viewing the faults in the teacher's explanations. His respect for the teacher started crashing down. And All hell breaks loose on the day he pointed out flaws in the teacher's explanations. Instantly, things reversed and he became the most popular guy in the class and the teacher's enemy number 1.

This place became a hell-hole for Ramu. He started seeing weird dreams of constellations approaching him to make him his disciple. But by then, his trust in elders has reached level -1 and he said no to all of them. Then, one night, one of the constellations challenges him to a math contest and he loses... hard.

"Aah... So you are average too. Nobody can't beat me after all", the constellation remarks.
I retort, "No I can. I will"
"Then become my disciple"

And in the desperation to salvage his pride, he makes the biggest blunder of his life... signing a pact with the Devil himself.

Now at 15, he has made a name for himself in the [Special People] community, but revenge is still a far cry for him. In the meanwhile, he is assigned a disciple to train. Will the disciple help bridge the gap between him and the constellation?
One thing though, "this place" in the third paragraph is that referring to his class that was mentioned in the first two paragraphs? As for Special People, is that their actual name or haven't found the right name for it yet hence it is still in brackets?

As for revenge...I guess reading the synopsis leading up to then it seemed sudden about it mentioning revenge...

Anyhow story sounds interesting. It may be a story I might actually click to read on more about. It sounds promising! Good luck on your writings! :3

Arroww

Hey! Here's the synopsis for my story, The Empire of Pale. What do you think?

-

For centuries, the Empire of Pale thrived under the reign of its Emperor. With their countless legions, the Paleans purged world after world of alien and heretic presence, creating a prospering realm made up of thousands of inhabited planets.

But one day, the Empire is thrown into chaos and turmoil as it discovers that its Pale God, the Emperor, fell asleep for the first time in untold years...and won't wake up.

Follow the story of Enos, a young Palean, as he tries to save his empire amidst a war-torn galaxy.

D

Deleted member 45782

Hey! Here's the synopsis for my story, The Empire of Pale. What do you think?

-

For centuries, the Empire of Pale thrived under the reign of its Emperor. With their countless legions, the Paleans purged world after world of alien and heretic presence, creating a prospering realm made up of thousands of inhabited planets.

But one day, the Empire is thrown into chaos and turmoil as it discovers that its Pale God, the Emperor, fell asleep for the first time in untold years...and won't wake up.

Follow the story of Enos, a young Palean, as he tries to save his empire amidst a war-torn galaxy.
You had me for the first two paragraphs. I'm not keen on the "Follow the story of [character]" unless its a slice of life story or used in a very good way that doesn't pull me out of the story mode. I think its overused a bit; but for webnovels on scribblehub maybe that is okay.

The first two paragraphs did made me feel like being absorbed into the story lore though. The "follow the story of" pulled me out and made it felt like its just someone narrating a story vs actually being placed into the story.

First two paragraphs are good. Brought interest in and sounded unique. You might want to work your story's hooker at the end.

Arroww

You had me for the first two paragraphs. I'm not keen on the "Follow the story of [character]" unless its a slice of life story or used in a very good way that doesn't pull me out of the story mode. I think its overused a bit; but for webnovels on scribblehub maybe that is okay.

The first two paragraphs did made me feel like being absorbed into the story lore though. The "follow the story of" pulled me out and made it felt like its just someone narrating a story vs actually being placed into the story.

First two paragraphs are good. Brought interest in and sounded unique. You might want to work your story's hooker at the end.
Alright, thanks!