Post your male character and I'll tell you what I think of him from my female reader's perspective

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Ayyy yo :blob_okay:

So I've been seeing some dudes around here wondering what a girl might think of their male characters, whether they're likable or not

So post five sentences describing your male character, main, side, villain, etc, from one of your stories, either in the works or still unpublished, etc

Pictures to illustrate visuals are also fine too, but please resize them

Format: 1 character per person

Name of character:
Visuals (if any):
image (preferably resized)
Description: Short blurb, 5 sentences maximum - can be about hobbies or general personality
Edit: If you're looking to change something about the character, let me know. I can try to advise.

I'm as gentle as I am handsome, I won't be harsh

And if you're wondering why just five sentences - in this case you'll need to be able to be concise about your character. Your story is yours to develop, but a profile should ideally be short enough to hold attention. If I'm interested to know more about your character, I'll ask - the great thing here is that if I ask, it's usually a good thing because it means that character or your presentation is interesting enough to be asked about.

Also, if you're a girl reading this, don't hesitate to quote some of the profiles here and give an opinion if you feel like it :blob_melt: More opinions the better

Last edited:

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
I dunno why it is so quiet all of a sudden, so I'll start the ball rolling. I am fairly content with my character but second opinions never hurt.

Visual: There is very little description due to the story taking place in 1st person. And the character doesn't really spend any time at all contemplating his looks. Thus his appearance is left to a reader. What is known is that he was initially scrawny and grows into a more healthy shape quickly, ending up lithe and youthful. Short dark hair.

Description: Introspective, driven, and mature. Full of modern knowledge while stuck in a fantasy world (cliche I know), yet humbled by this instead. Desires to improve his status and improve the lives of his friends, but tries to achieve that without pushing others down at the same time. Eager to learn about magic, despite the fact that he cannot use it - for him it is about learning and understanding, not fireballs. Does get cranky and snappy at least internally when stressed out, but usually tries to avoid it.

Last edited:

SootShade

Alright, I'll bite. Here's someone that was molded, to an uncommon degree, according to a single personality trait.

Name: Rokus Galein

Visuals: A near constant dazzling smile on a handsome face if slightly boyish face. Fairly tall and carries himself with a good posture. A well-practiced, but still a little undeveloped and youthful physique. Noticeably smooth and steady when in motion.

Description: Excessively polite and courteous, but in a genuine and friendly way. Quick with praise and able to say the most embarrassing things with a straight face, but reluctant to say anything negative about others. Shows few signs of pride, in spite of an aristocratic upbringing, though won't put himself down either. Mindful about the moods of others, but naive about their motivations. Non-confrontational and hard to provoke, but confident about his ability to handle himself in a pinch.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I dunno why it is so quiet all of a sudden, so I'll start the ball rolling. I am fairly content with my character but second opinions never hurt.

Visual: There is very little description due to the story taking place in 1st person. And the character doesn't really spend any time at all contemplating his looks. Thus his appearance is left to a reader. What is known is that he was initially scrawny and grows into a more healthy shape quickly, ending up lithe and youthful. Short dark hair.

Description: Introspective and driven. Full of modern trivia while stuck in a fantasy world (cliche I know), yet humbled by his knowledge. Desires to improve his status and improve the lives of his friends, but tries to achieve that without pushing others down at the same time. Eager to learn about magic, despite the fact that he cannot use it - for him it is about learning and understanding, not fireballs. Does get cranky and snappy at least internally when stressed out, but usually tries to avoid it.
Sounds like the friend I gave kissing lessons and a blowjob. He got a little clingy for a while, and I had to lay down the law, but he's still a sweet guy overall, very reliable. He was a groomsman at my wedding because my husband's "best friend" from high school is a flaky POS. I heard he finally has a girlfriend, and I'm very happy for him.
Alright, I'll bite. Here's someone that was molded, to an uncommon degree, according to a single personality trait.

Visuals: A near constant dazzling smile on a handsome face if slightly boyish face. Fairly tall and carries himself with a good posture. A well-practiced, but still a little undeveloped and youthful physique. Noticeably smooth and steady when in motion.

Description: Excessively polite and courteous, but in a genuine and friendly way. Quick with praise and able to say the most embarrassing things with a straight face, but reluctant to say anything negative about others. Shows few signs of pride, in spite of an aristocratic upbringing, though won't put himself down either. Mindful about the moods of others, but naive about their motivations. Non-confrontational and hard to provoke, but confident about his ability to handle himself in a pinch.
Sounds like a mix between my first love and my husband's brother. Hottie!

EternalSunset0

I'll give this a shot then. I doubt I have lots of female readers, given the nature of my work, but can't hurt to see how you'd feel about my main villain.

Name: Guren Izaya

Visuals (if any):
Adult male. His typical attire is a white longcoat (think Seto Kaiba), and he uses a rapier for his weapon.
Description: Prim, polite, and friendly in tone. Can seemingly understand people's inner thoughts and always knows what to say or do to empathize with their problems or give their lives meaning. He does have an ambitious streak, as the people he save and befriend get subjected to his recruitment in a bid to change the world (whatever that means, will be elaborated more in the story proper). Being a lawyer by profession, his biggest grievances include the flaws of the justice system or how fate seems to screw over the innocent while favoring the undeserving. All this leads to a messiah complex.

So far, I think I'm good with his goals and motivations, as well as a backstory that I'll put out later. However, a few additions to his personality to make him a more convincing "savior of humanity" would be appreciated. Or at least someone worthy of loyalty.

Because the way he is right now, all he does is save people who have lost everything, feel wronged by the world, etc. and gives them powers and a new purpose. I feel that it's fine in a superficial, anime-tier writing way (I'm pretty much writing a popcorn fantasy action anime in LN form after all). But I still want to know which directions I can go to do more.

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
Sounds like the friend I gave kissing lessons and a blowjob. He got a little clingy for a while, and I had to lay down the law, but he's still a sweet guy overall, very reliable. He was a groomsman at my wedding because my husband's "best friend" from high school is a flaky POS. I heard he finally has a girlfriend, and I'm very happy for him.

Thank you, for your opinion, maybe ill amend the description. He is definitely not the clingy type. He has enough modern social know-how, although it clashes with the fantasy social structure sometimes.

wildan1197_

Name of character: Esta "Unknown" Legaria

Visual:

The guy in the middle. Same haircut, but with brunette hair and with a more athletic stature like Koshi Sugawara (Haikyuu!) and taller. 175 cm tall.

Description

He was reincarnated as the fifth child of a low-rank noble family (his family territory is inside the orange circle) in a fantasy world without magic.

Rijeka Town and Surrounding Area - Copy.jpg

He has four childhood friends (1. Nacton "Princess" Hackwell 2. Fermi "Female Knight" 3. Ellough "Elf" 4. Blaine "Beastkin". All men, all of them is human, the "quotation mark" indicate their nickname), who are now his partners in his adventure party. He came in third as the most talkative and least talkative person in his group, he also often does the tsukkomi about what is happening around him (mostly in his heart).

The weapon he uses is an ax and his secondary weapon is a throwing knife. He always carried his secondary weapon with him wherever he went, constantly on guard of the things around him, but it didn't really show in his expression.

He understands when he can talk and when he keeps his mouth shut when socializing with other people (be it the opposite sex, young or old). He can read the room.

He was quite worried about his finances and the safety of himself and his friends. All of his decision-making is always influenced by these things.

K5Rakitan

I'll give this a shot then. I doubt I have lots of female readers, given the nature of my work, but can't hurt to see how you'd feel about my main villain.

Visuals (if any):
Adult male. His typical attire is a white longcoat (think Seto Kaiba), and he uses a rapier for his weapon.
Description: Prim, polite, and friendly in tone. Can seemingly understand people's inner thoughts and always knows what to say or do to empathize with their problems or give their lives meaning. He does have an ambitious streak, as the people he save and befriend get subjected to his recruitment in a bid to change the world (whatever that means, will be elaborated more in the story proper). Being a lawyer by profession, his biggest grievances include the flaws of the justice system or how fate seems to screw over the innocent while favoring the undeserving. All this leads to a messiah complex.

So far, I think I'm good with his goals and motivations, as well as a backstory that I'll put out later. However, a few additions to his personality to make him a more convincing "savior of humanity" would be appreciated. Or at least someone worthy of loyalty.

Because the way he is right now, all he does is save people who have lost everything, feel wronged by the world, etc. and gives them powers and a new purpose. I feel that it's fine in a superficial, anime-tier writing way (I'm pretty much writing a popcorn fantasy action anime in LN form after all). But I still want to know which directions I can go to do more.
Since I'm obviously a huge fan of Seto Kaiba and also polyamorous, I'd date him. He seems like a good guy to smooth things over when Seto and I get in a fight. Some of the things Seto does might piss this guy off, but once he gets to know Seto's full backstory, I'm sure he'll agree with me that Seto is actually a great guy under his tough exterior. I think they could learn a lot from each other. Now that would be a delicious threesome!

LinXueLian

Always Handsome

Description: Introspective, driven, and mature. Full of modern knowledge while stuck in a fantasy world (cliche I know), yet humbled by this instead. Desires to improve his status and improve the lives of his friends, but tries to achieve that without pushing others down at the same time. Eager to learn about magic, despite the fact that he cannot use it - for him it is about learning and understanding, not fireballs. Does get cranky and snappy at least internally when stressed out, but usually tries to avoid it.
Hahaha yeah! People are probably scared. But don't worry, I'm a mochi, I won't ream anyone :blob_melt:

Since you're the first, I'll give you longer feedback. For this character, what I like about him is that he grows and cares for others. I'm pretty fond of nurturing and kind guys, so this guy gets a tick in a good many boxes!

Everyone's cranky when they're stressed out hehe. Somehow I feel his avoidance to snapping is similar to the feel of Eight of Swords.

I tend to draw this card a lot whenever I receive readings. Apparently people who don't like hurting others draw it a lot - we tie ourselves down quite a bit since we're afraid to hurt others.

In short, I can vibe with your guy, yes :blob_okay: Maybe except the modern trivia part. :blob_hmm: I'm a bit of a "read the room" kind of girl haha :blob_happy: Don't want to ruin the ancient fantasy!

Ooooh! This one's husbando material :blob_aww: Tall guys with a good posture who are polite tend to tick plenty of boxes with readers of the opposite sex, but that's just my ovaries speaking!

He seems pretty comfortable in his own skin, which is a plus. A lot of aristocratic male characters seem to be created with an "oresama" type of attitude..... it's fun now and then, but one who's not very prideful is a breath of fresh air!

Very Legend of Dragoon King Albert feel to it - not sure how many people know who that is, but I like that sort of guy :blob_okay:

Visuals (if any):
Oh? A suave oresama villain I see? :blob_aww: Characters like this guy here are like snakes and I can totally get behind it! The long hair is a plus too. I think it adds some regalness to it

Recruiting people left and right to do his bidding a la Frieza is grand, I tell you! Nothing beats a sexy ambitious villain man with long legs as long as his hair :blob_aww:

Visual:

The guy in the middle. Same haircut, but with brunette hair and with a more athletic stature like Koshi Sugawara (Haikyuu!) and taller. 175 cm tall.

Description

He was reincarnated as the fifth child of a low-rank noble family (his family territory is inside the orange circle) in a fantasy world without magic.
He has four childhood friends (1. Nacton "Princess" Hackwell 2. Fermi "Female Knight" 3. Ellough "Elf" 4. Blaine "Beastkin". All men, all of them is human, the "quotation mark" indicate their nickname), who are now his partners in his adventure party. He came in third as the most talkative and least talkative person in his group, he also often does the tsukkomi about what is happening around him (mostly in his heart).

I'm not sure what to comment on the personality part, but Suga's my boy in HQ, right up there with Akaashi and maybe even Lev, so he does seem visually appealing!

K5Rakitan

Visual:

Description

View attachment 7953

The weapon he uses is an ax and his secondary weapon is a throwing knife. He always carried his secondary weapon with him wherever he went, constantly on guard of the things around him, but it didn't really show in his expression.

He understands when he can talk and when he keeps his mouth shut when socializing with other people (be it the opposite sex, young or old). He can read the room.

He was quite worried about his finances and the safety of himself and his friends. All of his decision-making is always influenced by these things.
He reminds me of Marc from my story. He isn't a pretty boy, but he has a certain animal magnetism that many women find irresistable.
Advice to him: Be wary of the girl who wants to marry you to spite her parents. You can't keep all the promises you make to her.

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
Name: Jacob Thompson

Visuals: A tall, burly english man who has slick back hair, rugged face and has a visible scar on his left eye. Prefers to wear oxfords not brogues and is always neatly dressed in the academy's school uniform.

Description: Son of a notorious vampire gang leader and Alcohol Tycoon from Thames.

Manages his own small gang of ruffians along with his sister, Cecilia and loves to fight strong opponents as he left his gang to enroll in Nosferatu's academy of magic just to fight Sergei Kratsotvich but their battle ended in a draw.

Nicknamed "Little Slugger" because he is always seen fighting street urchins or pub patrons at the age of fourteen.

Always cuts classes to go on a date with his girlfriend, Amelia von Schimdt who is a student at Mother Lilith's Academy and asks his friends (Namely, Sergei and Chigusa) for notes on today's lessons

K5Rakitan

Visuals: A tall, burly english man who has slick back hair, rugged face and has a visible scar on his left eye. Prefers to wear oxfords not brogues and is always neatly dressed in the academy's school uniform.

Description: Son of a notorious vampire gang leader and Alcohol Tycoon from Thames.

Manages his own small gang of ruffians along with his sister, Cecilia and loves to fight strong opponents as he left his gang to enroll in Nosferatu's academy of magic just to fight Sergei Kratsotvich but their battle ended in a draw.

Nicknamed "Little Slugger" because he is always seen fighting street urchins or pub patrons at the age of fourteen.

Always cuts classes to go on a date with his girlfriend, Amelia von Schimdt who is a student at Mother Lilith's Academy and asks his friends (Namely, Sergei and Chigusa) for notes on today's lessons
This reminds me a bit of the guy my friend introduced me to. He's fun to play hard-to-get with because we both know we're playing a game. We're playing for funsies, not keepsies. I'm his fun little fling, and he helps to restore my sense of adventure after my boyfriend dies. He gives me the courage to enjoy life again. He also knew my ex (not my dead boyfriend, a different person) before I met him, and his info helps to unlock a realization about that past relationship that I had denied.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Shiro

Visual:

Mixed wolf, dark-furred, shorter-than-average snout, red feline eyes, a face that's as common as dicks in a whore

(yes the irony of his appearance isn't lost on me)

Description:
Have you ever meet a person in a problematic situation where you JUST KNOW he has the skill set to solve said problem and just decides to do nothing about it and takes the consequences in full without a word of complaint?

Imagine a guy who commands a presence so strong that when he's being bullied, it just seems like he's LETTING the bullies have their way out of pity.

Yeah, Shiro is that guy, in both situations.

Meek, silent and passive, this mixed wolf would look like your local sodomy cum dump if he frequented the local prison shower. However, unlike the usual troupe of "silent, meek and passive" characters, this one holds the qualities in a different way. He's quiet, but he does so to listen more. He's meek but never cowardly. He's passive, but he observes. Whenever he gets into trouble, he doesn't seem like a guy in the wrong place at the wrong time. Instead, trouble seems to find him, and had worn him down so much over his sixteen years of life that he seemed to take them in apathetic strides. In other words; he looks like your common 'long wolf'.

However, as the old, long-proven adage about judging a book by its cover goes, his character shows when you truly get to know him. It is then when you find out just how big of a fucking dumbass this guy is. For one, he's illiterate and academically inept. He can't write or spell or count for shit. He's the kind of guy to sweat his balls off in a kindergarten pop quiz. He's as socially adaptable as a blooming flower in a blizzard. That is when you find out why he's a 'lone wolf' in the first place. He speaks in short bursts of sentences and commands the term "awkward silence". A mute could strike up conversations better than this wolf.

That is, unless, you talk about his hobbies, which you probably won't, because he most enjoys himself when he's doing house chores. You should definitely invite Shiro to your college sorority party; he'd be at his happiest during the clean-up. He'd be more than glad to listen to your preferred brand of non-stick frying pan than your favourite music or the philosophy of free will.

Those are the extent of what he'd show you, though.

Every man's got scars on their backs that they don't talk about.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome

I like how there's a burly rugged vampire out there :blob_aww: Maybe he might want to cut classes a little less! I mean I get running a gang and all, but gang leaders gotta be able to read and do math too :blob_shade:

I said 5 sentences. Bad doggy!

SailusGebel

Go ahead and tell me what you think of my mc.

Name: Erlig Grimes.

He was over twenty-three years old but transmigrated into the body of eighteen years old. Previously he lived in a bubble. With upper-middle-class parents, he had no problems in his life, didn't need money, wasn't bullied, etc.

Visuals: I don't know how tall is 'average' tall, but he is probably taller than average. Around 189 cm. Ordinary face, dark hazel eyes, unkempt short dark hair. Has a small scar on his nose bridge. Bodytype previously was more 'inflated' with muscles, Frank Shamrock in his prime, but currently has a leaner body type. See Bas Rutten\Evan Tanner when they were in Pancrase. Or Kota Ibushi if he had less muscle mass.

Description: The most striking personality traits are his egoism, indecisiveness, and laziness, laziness to the point that it stumped his potential. Whenever he isn't under pressure, he tends to slack off, and all of his previous determination vanishes. He is spiteful, but due to his laziness, he rarely executes his revenge. Self-absorbed thus miss many details and don't think of other people's emotions. Every time he is in a pinch acts out of self-pity. All while most of the said 'pinches' happened due to his idleness(laziness). It is his personality in a (kind of)first arc.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Go ahead and tell me what you think of my mc.

Name: Erlig Grimes.

He was over twenty-three years old but transmigrated into the body of eighteen years old. Previously he lived in a bubble. With upper-middle-class parents, he had no problems in his life, didn't need money, wasn't bullied, etc.

Visuals: I don't know how tall is 'average' tall, but he is probably taller than average. Around 189 cm. Ordinary face, dark hazel eyes, unkempt short dark hair. Has a small scar on his nose bridge. Bodytype previously was more 'inflated' with muscles, Frank Shamrock in his prime, but currently has a leaner body type. See Bas Rutten\Evan Tanner when they were in Pancrase. Or Kota Ibushi if he had less muscle mass.

Description: The most striking personality traits are his egoism, indecisiveness, and laziness, laziness to the point that it stumped his potential. Whenever he isn't under pressure, he tends to slack off, and all of his previous determination vanishes. He is spiteful, but due to his laziness, he rarely executes his revenge. Self-absorbed thus miss many details and don't think of other people's emotions. Every time he is in a pinch acts out of self-pity. All while most of the said 'pinches' happened due to his idleness(laziness). It is his personality in a (kind of)first arc.
Yanno, the dude actually reminds me of one of my classmates who has an ego, is finicky and extremely lazy, but somehow manages to be an MC in her own world, like a spiteful, jealous princess who doesn't act on that spiteful jealousy but somehow everyone in class picks up on it

It's like she's transmigrated into your story instead of finishing up her final project

Not_A_Symphony

Picasso 2.0
Ayyy yo :blob_okay:

So I've been seeing some dudes around here wondering what a girl might think of their male characters, whether they're likable or not
Alright, I'll take the bait :sweating_profusely: I am actually intrigued to see what you think of one of my favorite characters (even though I am a girl as well but I mostly get my feedback from dudes I think...)

Keep in mind the main story is in a Kingdom with social status (nobles, commoners, and so on) and there is a lot of sexism, alongside all the problems from early centuries. :blob_melt:

Name: Bradley Trace
Nickname (inside the novel): The "Angel" of the Kingdom
Visuals: He is tall with short (somewhat) curly blonde hair and light green eyes (like an emerald).
Personality: Provocative, Confident, Cunning, Womanizer.
Description: He is the son of a Duke (highest position right below Royalty). He hates losing and people who "don't know their place in society" (for eg: a maid that speaks out of place), ending up punishing them harshly. He only enjoys punishing the people that didn't behave as they should (so he is not a sadist). He hates but respects his father due to his past experiences (since he is his son, he needs to "know his place"). He also hates the MC guts and intends to break the engagement off with her sister to marry her instead (since that would mean he had won their "war").
Bradley Trace.jpg

This is somewhat how I imagine him in my head (but with the green eyes ofc)
That's about all I can say before making a whole big text just to explain one character :blobtaco:

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Alright, I'll take the bait :sweating_profusely: I am actually intrigued to see what you think of one of my favorite characters (even though I am a girl as well but I mostly get my feedback from dudes I think...)

Keep in mind the main story is in a Kingdom with social status (nobles, commoners, and so on) and there is a lot of sexism, alongside all the problems from early centuries. :blob_melt:

Name: Bradley Trace
Nickname (inside the novel): The "Angel" of the Kingdom
Visuals: He is tall with short (somewhat) curly blonde hair and light green eyes (like an emerald).
Personality: Provocative, Confident, Cunning, Womanizer.
Description: He is the son of a Duke (highest position right below Royalty). He hates losing and people who "don't know their place in society" (for eg: a maid that speaks out of place), ending up punishing them harshly. He only enjoys punishing the people that didn't behave as they should (so he is not a sadist). He hates but respects his father due to his past experiences (since he is his son, he needs to "know his place"). He also hates the MC guts and intends to break the engagement off with her sister to marry her instead (since that would mean he had won their "war").
View attachment 7957
This is somewhat how I imagine him in my head (but with the green eyes ofc)
That's about all I can say before making a whole big text just to explain one character :blobtaco:
He's definitely very pretty! :blob_aww: Having green eyes does sound great - stands out a bit more compared to the regular blond-hair-blue-eyes we tend to get!

At least the guy knows his own place. Makes it a lil fair.

Herz

Oh, sounds interesting.
The character is from yet unpublished work.

Name: Luca Lawrence

Visuals: Around 175cm caucasian male; Not too slim nor too bulky. He has short, soft chestnut hair and deep green eyes; In the eyes of others, he is quite handsome. There are two helix piercings on his right ear and a silver chain bracelet on his left wrist. Prefers to be casual and is especially fond of hoodies, long coats/lab coats, and shoes and clothing that facilitate movement. He hates pink and golden colors. Loves grey, green and black.

Description: Calm, cold, and aloof when it comes to strangers. He is not very fond of interacting with others and likes silence. However, if he feels there is a need, he can act according to the situation. He has decent acting skills and is good at analyzing and scheming. Toward people he likes, Luca can be kind, considerate, and snappy. Deep down, he has a good heart. Luca is 29 y.o and works as a pharmacist.