Post your male character and I'll tell you what I think of him from my female reader's perspective

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Oh! If it's okay with you, I'm considering this fanart. :love: Thanks.

And fully noted on the tie color. I'll change its color, though maybe not brown. I'll see what I can do about it.
You can try complementary colors if you like! :blob_melt:

1622816988447.png

If you really want to keep the red tie and blue aspects of the vest, try turquoise with a shade of red!

1622817263994.png

See how nicely they sit next to each other! A lil' green in the blue won't hurt since he has brown hair!

Wow wow I sound like Edna hehehee

NO CAPES!!!!

Last edited:

DekuKurohi

What would a combination of ZUN and Nasu be like?
Well might as well try this out, here's one of the few few male characters in my 'verse is full of girls.

Name of character: Handa Akira (Japanese name)

Untitled853_20210604220807.png

Visuals (if any): Slightly wild green hair that almost reach his neck but not quite, he also has brown eyes. He wears a silky smooth dark brown robe over his normal brown form-fitting shirt black pants and wearing a geta, holding the robe together with a black and gold flower pin. He looks youthful and slightly effiminate (Not to the extend of the doodle I barely draw males)

Description: A young man born in an ancient society within a sea of forest in an alternate Japan. He lives his life with some general curiosity of what is out there beyond the woods and usually go along with his childhood friend to explore much to everyone's chargrin and worry. He picked up a shinigami's scythe on one of the excursion so he gets a job as one now. Aside from adventuring he also play superhero a few times within the settlement whenever troubles show up (Like a dork). Also his childhood friend is now his boyfriend.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Well might as well try this out, here's one of the few few male characters in my 'verse is full of girls.

Name of character: Handa Akira (Japanese name)

View attachment 7971
Visuals (if any): Slightly wild green hair that almost reach his neck but not quite, he also has brown eyes. He wears a silky smooth dark brown robe over his normal brown form-fitting shirt black pants and wearing a geta, holding the robe together with a black and gold flower pin. He looks youthful and slightly effiminate (Not to the extend of the doodle I barely draw males)

Description: A young man born in an ancient society within a sea of forest in an alternate Japan. He lives his life with some general curiosity of what is out there beyond the woods and usually go along with his childhood friend to explore much to everyone's chargrin and worry. He picked up a shinigami's scythe on one of the excursion so he gets a job as one now. Aside from adventuring he also play superhero a few times within the settlement whenever troubles show up (Like a dork). Also his childhood friend is now his boyfriend.
I like curious people. We could be good friends, but he's not my type, nor am I his based on the last sentence 😇

tsukimii

Oh, looks fun! I'm writing a danmei story right now! It's not really published yet, but I'm going to share my protagonist and what I have in mind for his character, hehe. Also, sorry in advance if there's something that doesn't make sense! 🙇‍♀️

Name: Yue Changming.

Visuals: I had to go on Picrew and try to design what I had in mind for his original or "true" form (the story is a QT, so technically he takes on many different forms throughout the story). The options were limited, but I tried my best :blob_teary:
ycm.png

Description: Having been raised as a spy and assassin, he constantly wears a mask out of habit, and his lies come out of his lips as easily as one can breathe -- getting to the point where even he's not sure who his "true self" is. So, in other words, he's like an actor? Yue Changming wears a smile on his face and seemingly has a mild temperament, but possibly as a result of surviving CSA, he actually struggles to form deep connections or attachments toward other people (nor does he normally express much interest in doing so, for that matter), and though his words may be mild or gentle, he has shadows and dark thoughts in his mind. He is discreet by nature and tends to go the subtle, a.k.a underhanded, way in combat. With the love interest... well, he kind of likes ruffling his feathers and getting scolded by him because he thinks his angry expression is interesting, haha.

K5Rakitan

Oh, looks fun! I'm writing a danmei story right now! It's not really published yet, but I'm going to share my protagonist and what I have in mind for his character, hehe. Also, sorry in advance if there's something that doesn't make sense! 🙇‍♀️

Visuals: I had to go on Picrew and try to design what I had in mind for his original or "true" form (the story is a QT, so technically he takes on many different forms throughout the story). The options were limited, but I tried my best :blob_teary:
View attachment 7974

Description: Having been raised as a spy and assassin, he constantly wears a mask out of habit, and his lies come out of his lips as easily as one can breathe -- getting to the point where even he's not sure who his "true self" is. So, in other words, he's like an actor? Yue Changming wears a smile on his face and seemingly has a mild temperament, but possibly as a result of surviving CSA, he actually struggles to form deep connections or attachments toward other people (nor does he normally express much interest in doing so, for that matter), and though his words may be mild or gentle, he has shadows and dark thoughts in his mind. He is discreet by nature and tends to go the subtle, a.k.a underhanded, way in combat. With the love interest... well, he kind of likes ruffling his feathers and getting scolded by him because he thinks his angry expression is interesting, haha.
I don't like liars. I'll probably let him charm me for a few months, but it's going to end badly.

tsukimii

I don't like liars. I'll probably let him charm me for a few months, but it's going to end badly.
Yeah, I wanted to create a character who wasn't a good person, per se, but also not really a bad person either who was, at the end of the day, another human who went through circumstances a person shouldn't have to go through. After all, story wise I find myself liking characters such as Mo Ran (2HA) and Mu Sheng (The Guide to Capturing a Black Lotus). They're not terrible people at their core, but they are both flawed or have their share of traits that can leave a kind of bitter taste as well.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome

View attachment 7974

Ooooh! I hadn't heard of picrew until now! Very beautiful design you've made! I love the braid together with the ponytail, it's brilliant!
:blob_aww: Nice to see a fellow fujo around!

I do like his personality as a character quite a bit. I think a lot of us are a bit like that - wearing a smile to mask our real thoughts! It's also pretty refreshing how he's a bit underhanded during combat too. In worlds like that you gotta be sly to survive, so I think it's pretty realistic that he'd be at least somewhat like that.

I see he's the type to pick on people he likes :blob_happy: I do enjoy teasing some dudes sometimes, it's cute when they get flustered hahahaha, I can vibe with your guy, yes

EDIT:
I also somewhat came up with a look for him

somekindofduanda.jpg

Since he was an assassin at one point, he'd need to be mobile, right? Moving around a lot can be hard with those cumbersome robes. I thought to fuse it a bit with a duan da

If you've seen Scorpion in Word of Honor, I really like the manipulation on his outfits! Especially the one around he shoulders :blob_drool: Fused that with your higanbana!! :blob_aww:

Last edited:

tsukimii

Ooooh! I hadn't heard of picrew until now! Very beautiful design you've made! I love the braid together with the ponytail, it's brilliant!
:blob_aww: Nice to see a fellow fujo around!

I do like his personality as a character quite a bit. I think a lot of us are a bit like that - wearing a smile to mask our real thoughts! It's also pretty refreshing how he's a bit underhanded during combat too. In worlds like that you gotta be sly to survive, so I think it's pretty realistic that he'd be at least somewhat like that.

I see he's the type to pick on people he likes :blob_happy: I do enjoy teasing some dudes sometimes, it's cute when they get flustered hahahaha, I can vibe with your guy, yes

EDIT:
I also somewhat came up with a look for him

View attachment 7980

Since he was an assassin at one point, he'd need to be mobile, right? Moving around a lot can be hard with those cumbersome robes. I thought to fuse it a bit with a duan da

If you've seen Scorpion in Word of Honor, I really like the manipulation on his outfits! Especially the one around he shoulders :blob_drool: Fused that with your higanbana!! :blob_aww:
Thank you! I use Picrew all the time because my own artistic skills are like stick figure level. Speaking of the braid and the ponytail though, I tried to incorporate that ironic sort of humor, I had him say something along the lines of "wearing fancy clothes is so extra" but then spends considerable time wanting to fancy himself up with his hair and all :sweat_smile:

Yay, I'm happy you can vibe with him, hehe. And I totally agree! If he wasn't kind of sly and underhanded or was a terrible actor, it would probably be hard for him to properly do his job. I want him to sort of find a means to express himself more openly and form relationships with other characters too throughout the story! Character development, hehe.

Wow! You goddess :blob_aww: Picrew was definitely very limited on outfits, so I could only choose a cumbersome robe. But what you drew is definitely what I had in mind for how his outfit is actually supposed to look! I remember Scorpion, hehe. I haven't finished Word of Honor, but I want to finish it sometime!

Ruyi

༺ aureate sect ༻
Name: Mo Yixuan, a peak lord of a cultivation sect
Novel: Cultivation Retirement Plan
Visuals:

Description:
Transmigrator; the original host was a two-faced wretch with delusions of grandeur but his replacement just wants the world to leave him alone. Literally is just there to do One Last Favor for his wayward disciple before he goes off to retire in a cave or a secluded village somewhere. Very straightforward and blunt, will say things as they are, but only because he Cannot Socialize Worth Beans. Is now allergic to romance after a love affair Gone Wrong, Gone Manipulative and Murderous and will treat any whiff of affection with cold, hard rejection. Currently treats his own death as a valid excuse for getting out of problems in a pinch.

K5Rakitan

Visuals:

Description:
Transmigrator; the original host was a two-faced wretch with delusions of grandeur but his replacement just wants the world to leave him alone. Literally is just there to do One Last Favor for his wayward disciple before he goes off to retire in a cave or a secluded village somewhere. Very straightforward and blunt, will say things as they are, but only because he Cannot Socialize Worth Beans. Is now allergic to romance after a love affair Gone Wrong, Gone Manipulative and Murderous and will treat any whiff of affection with cold, hard rejection. Currently treats his own death as a valid excuse for getting out of problems in a pinch.
I have the urge to "save" this guy. I'll probably fail, but nobody can say I never tried.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Thank you! I use Picrew all the time because my own artistic skills are like stick figure level. Speaking of the braid and the ponytail though, I tried to incorporate that ironic sort of humor, I had him say something along the lines of "wearing fancy clothes is so extra" but then spends considerable time wanting to fancy himself up with his hair and all
Well, I have to thank you for sharing the link! I love it so much! Played a bit with the stuff there - they're pretty brilliant! I do like that he's somewhat silly about it too - saying this and that but he does it hahaha!

Yay, I'm happy you can vibe with him, hehe. And I totally agree! If he wasn't kind of sly and underhanded or was a terrible actor, it would probably be hard for him to properly do his job. I want him to sort of find a means to express himself more openly and form relationships with other characters too throughout the story! Character development, hehe.
Mmm yeah! Characters change over time. One of my top favorites is Jin Guangyao. Morally I don't agree with everything he does, but he's very complex and enjoyable. Whether they're good or evil, if they're well-written, they're well-written!

Wow! You goddess :blob_aww: Picrew was definitely very limited on outfits, so I could only choose a cumbersome robe. But what you drew is definitely what I had in mind for how his outfit is actually supposed to look! I remember Scorpion, hehe. I haven't finished Word of Honor, but I want to finish it sometime!
No problem! :blob_melt: I figured the Japanese sites would either only have those robes or something a ninja would wear. The robes don't look too different from Chinese garments since technically they're from the same cut, but yeah they can be hard to move in! Cultivators love flowy clothes to show off their mandom though, so that works too LOL

Yeah the show wasn't too great imho but Scorpion just has that "I'm a daddy's good little boy" look to him while he tries to dress badass :blob_melt: He's too adorable

Hey hey @LinXueLian can I do a second one?
D'aww! I saw that you gave my Lin Lian a review, so yes, yes you can do a second one~ :blob_melt:

Visuals:

Description:
Very handsome! Everyone knows I'm a sucker for mint shades, so I totally love that outfit!
Everyone likes to tread their death as an excuse to run away! I can vibe~

Ruyi

༺ aureate sect ༻
I have the urge to "save" this guy. I'll probably fail, but nobody can say I never tried.
you: let me save you
myx: no.
you: but let me just tr--
myx: no
you: *reaches out a hand*
myx: *backing to the edge of the mountain*

You attempt to grab the stubborn Protagonist before he jumps off a cliff. The Protagonist protests. The two of you fall off together, and a new ship is born.

you: i guess i've really fallen for y--
myx: N O.

-the end-

EternalSunset0

Alright, round 2. Time for the asshole schoolmate/rival character this time.

Name: Reijy Ishida

Visuals:
reij.jpg
Often wears a signature biker jacket and is surrounded with a clique at school. Has no powers, weapons, or any connection to the supernatural world in the story (as of volume 3)

Description: Haughty, smug, and proud as one of the heirs to the city's largest group of tech and military companies. Looks down on the protagonist, whom he shares a history of former friendship with, for his relaxed lifestyle and "waste of time" interests and activities. Has a very strong emphasis on the "growing up and maturing" aspects of life like finance, making business connections, hustling, etc. Would do everything and go extreme lengths for his childhood friend (ponytail girl on my sig). Surprisingly well-mannered and very much a gentleman to everyone else not the protagonist.

I'm actually torn on him. On one hand, I feel that he needs more and stronger redeeming traits to balance the asshole in him besides his care for ponytail girl, but on the other hand, I never had him designed as a person meant to be liked. He's basically my avatar for those handsome and rich snobs/jocks in school who look down on the people they consider "nerds" (or equivalent terms), so yeah, he's never supposed to be liked haha.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Alright, round 2. Time for the asshole schoolmate/rival character this time.

Name: Reijy Ishida

Visuals: View attachment 7989 Often wears a signature biker jacket and is surrounded with a clique at school. Has no powers, weapons, or any connection to the supernatural world in the story (as of volume 3)

Description: Haughty, smug, and proud as one of the heirs to the city's largest group of tech and military companies. Looks down on the protagonist, whom he shares a history of former friendship with, for his relaxed lifestyle and "waste of time" interests and activities. Has a very strong emphasis on the "growing up and maturing" aspects of life like finance, making business connections, hustling, etc. Would do everything and go extreme lengths for his childhood friend (ponytail girl on my sig). Surprisingly well-mannered and very much a gentleman to everyone else not the protagonist.

I'm actually torn on him. On one hand, I feel that he needs more and stronger redeeming traits to balance the asshole in him besides his care for ponytail girl, but on the other hand, I never had him designed as a person meant to be liked. He's basically my avatar for those handsome and rich snobs/jocks in school who look down on the people they consider "nerds" (or equivalent terms), so yeah, he's never supposed to be liked haha.
I think he's fine, actually! Some people are just really privately nice like that - only to folk they care for. It's not that he's not caring at all, he just picks who to care for. We wouldn't really like him if he didn't care for us, obviously, but it's just that we're not his target when it comes to affection? :blob_cookie:

Snobs look down on losers, not just nerds lol :blob_happy: It makes sense that he looks his nose down like that heheheee

Out of curiosity though, why a biker jacket? :blob_hmm: You'd think a snooby snoob snoob owning tech and military companies and concerned about finances (like me, I love money) would go for a blazer, an armani jacket or even a military jacket. He likes bikes, I guess? :blob_aww: He collects bikes, goody!

EternalSunset0

I think he's fine, actually! Some people are just really privately nice like that - only to folk they care for. It's not that he's not caring at all, he just picks who to care for. We wouldn't really like him if he didn't care for us, obviously, but it's just that we're not his target when it comes to affection? :blob_cookie:

Snobs look down on losers, not just nerds lol :blob_happy: It makes sense that he looks his nose down like that heheheee

Out of curiosity though, why a biker jacket? :blob_hmm: You'd think a snooby snoob snoob owning tech and military companies and concerned about finances (like me, I love money) would go for a blazer, an armani jacket or even a military jacket. He likes bikes, I guess? :blob_aww: He collects bikes, goody!
Because biker jacket is the word that popped up in my mind when I'm thinking something like what Gilgamesh wore in UBW. Blazer is the more appropriate term, I guess? I'm just bad at word choice lol.

Appearance-wise, I did base part of him off UBW Gil.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Because biker jacket is the word that popped up in my mind when I'm thinking something like what Gilgamesh wore in UBW. Blazer is the more appropriate term, I guess? I'm just bad at word choice lol.

Appearance-wise, I did base part of him off UBW Gil.
I legit had to look up this gilgamesh fellow

whenever people say gilgamesh I automatically think of this guy lol

edit:

what ubw gilgamesh seems to be wearing is a tracksuit blazer... why on earth is he wearing it with a collared shirt beneath??? is that a school uniform or

EternalSunset0

I legit had to look up this gilgamesh fellow

whenever people say gilgamesh I automatically think of this guy lol

edit:

what ubw gilgamesh seems to be wearing is a tracksuit blazer... why on earth is he wearing it with a collared shirt beneath??? is that a school uniform or
Aka the thread my lack of fashion sense gets exposed XD

Just felt it looked hip and cool to have that tracksuit blazer on a smug character. Also adds to the whole "above the rules" arrogant aura by not following the usual dress code uniforms with his thing.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Aka the thread my lack of fashion sense gets exposed XD

Just felt it looked hip and cool to have that tracksuit blazer on a smug character. Also adds to the whole "above the rules" arrogant aura by not following the usual dress code uniforms with his thing.
Aaaah so he's trying to look sporty! Not into the preppy look like the other rich boys I see! :blob_okay:

Most arrogant rich boys here be wearing BOY London oversized hoodies and/or joggers in my university

So yeah, your dude does know what it means to be a rich schoolboy :blob_melt:

Edit: this is more my look for military :blob_melt: I got thinner clothes though