I'm totally new to Scribble Hub

LucasWhorley

Would anyone here have any general tips going forward on this website? I post fiction in other places online and have had a blast.

I've noticed a lot of anime-style/light novel, litrpg, and harem stuff on here. Just wondering if it's possible to garner a following on here outside of those genres.

This place seems pretty chill!

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Would anyone here have any general tips going forward on this website? I post fiction in other places online and have had a blast.

I've noticed a lot of anime-style/light novel, litrpg, and harem stuff on here. Just wondering if it's possible to garner a following on here outside of those genres.

all you need to know is that I'm the best and everyone else is a pervert.
But don't worry. Uncle Cup will protect you.
Welcome!
My tips are to give me a one-star rating on each of my stories and submit a poem to my collection to get some extra publicity for your work!
fuck off Raki-Raki, you go and EARN those 1-stars just like the rest of us:blob_thor:

LucasWhorley

all you need to know is that I'm the best and everyone else is a pervert.
But don't worry. Uncle Cup will protect you.
Thank you, Uncle Cup. How is it that I too can, one day, become the best?
Welcome!
My tips are to give me a one-star rating on each of my stories and submit a poem to my collection to get some extra publicity for your work!
Is this like a legitimate way to catch some publicity or are you rustling me into a content farm? Either way, I'm going to say maybe.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice

To give a serious answer, you can definitely gather a following here with any genre you want to write about.

Just... Understand that writing for a genre that is not one of the mainstream ones means that your series has less chances of succeed.

Still, if you use the series finder you'll find quite a bit of serieses that don't use the genres you listed and are still pretty popular in their own right.

Just write a good story, and the readers will probably come in one way or another~

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Thank you, Uncle Cup. How is it that I too can, one day, become the best?

Is this like a legitimate way to catch some publicity or are you rustling me into a content farm? Either way, I'm going to say maybe.
You have to do things you arent proud of. Dark, terrible things.
For me.

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
Welcome aboard. I've only been here a month, and yes, this place is so nice!

Well, considering I'm writing a comedy/drama about a girl who can't go to the bathroom without her best friend literally next to her when she's on the toilet (her MALE best friend) and after 60+ chapters it's gotten 10k views with 400+ favorites, I'd say no, because it only has 60+ readers and popular stories on this site have 600 at minimum at that point.

Better stick to what works, my friend. I can't wait to read your smutty gender bender litRPG isekai harem!

TheArtistWrites

As a fellow newbie to this sight, of only a few days, may ask some questions here as well?
1- Is there anything in particular anyone would recommend to get your story noticed?
2- how do you put pictures in your chapter?

LucasWhorley

To give a serious answer, you can definitely gather a following here with any genre you want to write about.

Just... Understand that writing for a genre that is not one of the mainstream ones means that your series has less chances of succeed.

Still, if you use the series finder you'll find quite a bit of serieses that don't use the genres you listed and are still pretty popular in their own right.

Just write a good story, and the readers will probably come in one way or another~
Thanks. This actually makes me feel a bit better!

TheArtistWrites

Also! 1 more question out of academic curiosity. On the topic of "smutty gender bender litRPG isekai harem" being the most popular, why is it that male to female GB is everywhere but I haven't found a single example of the reverse?

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Welcome welcome~ Aha yeah, we're pretty chill~ :blob_melt:

Hmmm.... I'm not sure about the following thing, but it's definitely possible if you market it enough. I've heard of users posting links on their social media to their stories and those help too.

I feel it's very interesting that more different types of stories are popping up!

D

Deleted member 45782

@WelcomeToSH
As a fellow newbie to this sight, of only a few days, may ask some questions here as well?
1- Is there anything in particular anyone would recommend to get your story noticed?
2- how do you put pictures in your chapter?
To put images into your chapter, you must have a url. So you can upload your images onto a website (say some use imgur, discord, or heck, even shf forum thread) and copy and paste that image link when inserting an image into a chapter.

People here often recommend to update frequently like several times a week so that way your story gets noticed in the latest series table on ScribbleHub home page which is boosts your chances of maybe getting noticed and stuff.

There is no exact best time to update and post chapters, thu i have heard some do recommend 2pm. but idk when. so just update at your best time and often.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Also! 1 more question out of academic curiosity. On the topic of "smutty gender bender litRPG isekai harem" being the most popular, why is it that male to female GB is everywhere but I haven't found a single example of the reverse?
Oddly, I saw one earlier today.

Oh, you also wanted to know about publicity. I don't know, but you can try adding your story to your signature on this forum.
Edit: Found it.

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

if you're like me, you'll stick around for 1.5 years and lose your FUCKING MIND