asking for free stuff

SailusGebel

Heheh... I was quoting my husband. He calls my taste buds weird, too. Because I like things like Malta. :blob_happy: We both grew up in different parts of our lovely world. That drink sounds interesting. Though it seems to face the same extinction, every carbonated drink is getting. Sugar influx of doom. #1 addiction in the world, next to alcohol!

I want to travel the world just to try original foods. I think I would find so many of them delicious! And some horrifying. Cookies are universal though. :3
Cookies are different as well. :sweating_profusely: At least if we talk about mass-produced ones.

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
I'm sure someone could draw a sketch of exactly what he wanted in like 10 minutes. it wouldn't be very good, but it would be something. instead, everyone came to virtue signal about how hard drawing is, and how ashamed he should be for asking. if someone can spare a few minutes to help a stranger, I don't see what's wrong with that.
Hm... I don't know if you were talking about me, Blob. I am the first post on that thread, but all I did was tell him I doubted anyone would help him and advise him to do what I do. Yes, it would take time but, it would be better than asking for a complex drawing. The rest of my responses were to other people who spoke to me about what I do. :sweating_profusely:

I don't think I ever shamed him for asking. Just that no one would help for free. So, instead of waiting for help that would never come, I suggested what he could do to remedy it. The rest of my posts were in response to someone else.

People aren't like the old days. They are meaner and won't give anything away anymore. Especially if there is anything with the word effort involved. This includes both artists and writers.

I help someone edit his first chapter a month agoish. That took me almost an hour. All I needed was that person's thanks. Though I can't say many others would do the same. :blob_no: So, I always suggest the solo route.

Cookies are different as well. :sweating_profusely: At least if we talk about mass-produced ones.

That they are. But there are so many types of cookies! There are the classic choco chips. There is the chocolate filled with peanut butter ones. Simple sugar cookies. But those are some you have to bake. If we go about mass-produced... Uh, Oreos. Do you guys have them there :3? I think you do.

Though, I wonder what original ones you have. :3

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
i'll respond to this one even though you don't agree with me because you seem less hostile and generally nicer (lmao).

first let me just start off by saying i'm not asking anyone to do anything for me. in fact, i came to this site with the intent of picking something out to read as i'd already found a bunch of other good stuff to read on royal road. with no intent of my own, i stumbled across these forums (which i didn't know they had (didn't even know about scribble hub for that matter)), and wanted to check if they were active. the first thing i see is some poor bastard asking for a free cover to his novel and people giving him sht for it. do you see what the problem with that is?

he, or she, was not demanding anything. just asking. there's no reason for anyone to give them flack for that. if you wanna do it (help them for free), then do it. if not, then keep it pushing. simple as that. no need for all that extra sht.
Well you see, there is an interesting precedent before (https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/resolved-heroine-artwork-request-no-pay.2692/) where someone also just asked for free art and got shat on, but one artist actually drew it because "thanks, I did this simply ... well, to be honest just because my sudden rush of blood boiling when reading comment and kept my word. I know, I get it what everyone trying to do but sometime people cross over the lines (understandable) and have to be reminded, that's all I'm trying to said."

I convince myself that because of this, people continue to shit on people who ask for free art in the hopes that they can anger an artist enough to draw them free art. Tell yourself that everyone is a good Samaritan and is trying to help the person get art and the forums suddenly seems like a nicer place.

grandiddykane

Well you see, there is an interesting precedent before (https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/resolved-heroine-artwork-request-no-pay.2692/) where someone also just asked for free art and got shat on, but one artist actually drew it because "thanks, I did this simply ... well, to be honest just because my sudden rush of blood boiling when reading comment and kept my word. I know, I get it what everyone trying to do but sometime people cross over the lines (understandable) and have to be reminded, that's all I'm trying to said."

I convince myself that because of this, people continue to shit on people who ask for free art in the hopes that they can anger an artist enough to draw them free art. Tell yourself that everyone is a good Samaritan and is trying to help the person get art and the forums suddenly seems like a nicer place.
best comment. but my advice is you should delete that comment of yours before someone *wink, wink* catches on.

Hm... I don't know if you were talking about me, Blob. I am the first post on that thread, but all I did was tell him I doubted anyone would help him and advise him to do what I do. Yes, it would take time but, it would be better than asking for a complex drawing. The rest of my responses were to other people who spoke to me about what I do. :sweating_profusely:

I don't think I ever shamed him for asking. Just that no one would help for free. So, instead of waiting for help that would never come, I suggested what he could do to remedy it. The rest of my posts were in response to someone else.
I remember you typing something but not the specifics. There were definitely some calling him a dipshit though not literally. I'm not gonna say what you did was right or wrong, but to me it felt asshole-ish.

People aren't like the old days. They are meaner and won't give anything away anymore. Especially if there is anything with the word effort involved. This includes both artists and writers.

I help someone edit his first chapter a month agoish. That took me almost an hour. All I needed was that person's thanks. Though I can't say many others would do the same. :blob_no: So, I always suggest the solo route.
Ehh, I dunno. It's just a mentality I guess. I've done a couple of small reviews that took some time as well. And if I had knowledge on a subject, I'd most likely share it. But I'm far from being a good samaritan. I don't mind helping others, but at the end of the day, it's for my own selfish reasons.
It boils down to: If you don't have something productive to say, shut the fuck up.
and what are you on about with the old days. i have no idea what you're talking about. I'm still in my twenties. you're on your own granny.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
This debacle has motivated me to make a thread that offers shitty book covers for free... welp, if you don't see me make one by next week that means I got too lazy.
Edit: In case I do, where do I post the thread lmao? I'm no artist so I feel bad putting it in the artist section

Last edited:
This debacle has motivated me to make a thread that offers shitty book covers for free... welp, if you don't see me make one by next week that means I got too lazy.
i can make shit backgrounds with different patterns and colors, similar to the one in my profile cover. let me know if that helps somehow.

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
What are you on about with the old days. i have no idea what you're talking about. I'm still in my twenties. you're on your own granny.
Oi! I barely got here to the writing scene! But I was talking about my childhood. People were nicer, less fucked up, and uptight about things. Fewer snowflakes and could actually take criticism to the face without having a breakdown. :c I am in my twenties too! :sweating_profusely: Gosh, I keep getting called a granny but I am 100% sure I look younger than most of you. Good genes. :3 Can't beat that Blob!:blob_aww:

I remember you typing something but not the specifics. There were definitely some calling him a dipshit though not literally. I'm not gonna say what you did was right or wrong, but to me it felt asshole-ish.
All I said was he could do it themselves. I don't know if that is an asshole or bitchy of me. Words have no emotions on the internet, and I never meant to insult anyone. But I had something productive to say, hoping to get them to do something else to help. I can't draw for my life, so I suggested what I do. That itself got controversial, but it is better than waiting. I thought I was helping. :blob_no: Only works if the book is free, though.

Oi! I barely got here to the writing scene! But I was talking about my childhood. People were nicer, less fucked up, and uptight about things. Fewer snowflakes and could actually take criticism to the face without having a breakdown.
That's true. I remember when I could throw as many insults in games as I wanted. Now I have to be a passive aggressive little bitch otherwise I'd get permad.
The good ol' days. :blob_pat_sad:

:c I am in my twenties too! :sweating_profusely: Gosh, I keep getting called a granny but I am 100% sure I look younger than most of you. Good genes. :3 Can't beat that Blob!:blob_aww:
I don't doubt that. I'm starting to feel much older than I should be though. I keep catching myself saying phrases like 'that generation', and 'those kids'.

All I said was he could do it themselves. I don't know if that is an asshole or bitchy of me. Words have no emotions on the internet, and I never meant to insult anyone. But I had something productive to say, hoping to get them to do something else to help. I can't draw for my life, so I suggested what I do. That itself got controversial, but it is better than waiting. I thought I was helping. :blob_no: Only works if the book is free, though.
nvm I got back and read what you said(my memory is garbage), and it looks fine to me. you actually provided some advice. though if it were me I'd just borrow the artwork as is.

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
That's true. I remember when I could throw as many insults in games as I wanted. Now I have to be a passive aggressive little bitch otherwise I'd get permad.
HAHA! Welcome to my world! :blob_happy: Yes, passive-aggressiveness is the way to go. Which I find hilarious and I love it. I'd be you be a funny teammate to have.<3
I don't doubt that. I'm starting to feel much older than I should be though. I keep catching myself saying phrases like 'that generation', and 'those kids'.
See!!! We are all going there! Especially with the latest generation of this world is getting too. Though to me, anyone is a kid me. Even when they are 30+. I just keep seeing myself as older than them in mind, at least.:blob_aww:

I'd just borrow the artwork as is.
Heheh... That artwork never works for me, so I tweak it...

Original
1635565050957.png

The current cover I will post my shorter series with
1635565187271.png

I feel proud about that one.:blob_happy:

HAHA! Welcome to my world! :blob_happy: Yes, passive-aggressiveness is the way to go. Which I find hilarious and I love it. I'd be you be a funny teammate to have.<3

See!!! We are all going there! Especially with the latest generation of this world is getting too. Though to me, anyone is a kid me. Even when they are 30+. I just keep seeing myself as older than them in mind, at least.:blob_aww:

Heheh... That artwork never works for me, so I tweak it...

Original
View attachment 10189
The current cover I will post my shorter series with
View attachment 10190

I feel proud about that one.:blob_happy:
the guy looks like madara uchiha. also if you're willing to put that much effort, check out artbreeder.

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
the guy looks like madara uchiha. also if you're willing to put that much effort, check out artbreeder.
Artbreeder o-o *Googles* Oh, I do not know what this site does. But it looks interesting. :3 I always like to put effort into everything I do. Especially when it has to do with my stories.

I guess I have a type heheh... Though, I still don't know 100% who Madara is. I know he is from naruto but I never saw that much into the anime. xP

Artbreeder o-o *Googles* Oh, I do not know what this site does. But it looks interesting. :3 I always like to put effort into everything I do. Especially when it has to do with my stories.

I guess I have a type heheh... Though, I still don't know 100% who Madara is. I know he is from naruto but I never saw that much into the anime. xP
If you look up a couple of tutorials, you can get into it pretty easily. It's an AI that mashes different art together to produce something unique. You can even have a base(like the original you used) and it'll try to keep the pose while changing the characters.
also this is madara

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
If you look up a couple of tutorials, you can get into it pretty easily. It's an AI that mashes different art together to produce something unique. You can even have a base(like the original you used) and it'll try to keep the pose while changing the characters.
also this is madara
Blob you keep sending me to amazing places! I swear. c: I don't know what I would do without you! :blob_aww:

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
Ah, long gone are the days of cod4-mw2 public lobby shit talk. Those were the good old days where it was pure comedy gold.

D.S.Nate

I get you, I think the craft of drawing and writing are not that different, but it's the market appeal that makes the difference. You can sell a customer on a picture in a moment, all they have to do is look at it. Writing however takes a commitment to see if it's even up their alley and even then there is so much room for the error that you can't just spot in a glance.

And nowadays where people's attention spans are as fast as their internet connection that's just gotten worst for us writers. So although I get where you coming from I feel it's the market appeal that chooses the value between the two.

SailusGebel

That they are. But there are so many types of cookies! There are the classic choco chips. There is the chocolate filled with peanut butter ones. Simple sugar cookies. But those are some you have to bake. If we go about mass-produced... Uh, Oreos. Do you guys have them there :3? I think you do.

Though, I wonder what original ones you have. :3
Yeah, we have Oreos. As for originals, cookies are usually somewhat plain, with no toppings\addition. But I like it cause they are not that sweet. The main difference comes from the dough.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
wow, i can't believe the forum decided to branch out its operation and opened its first tackle shop

look at all these BAITS!