What's the worst negative you received (or read)?

Blackout

Worshipper of Chin Chin the Dark Lord
I saw someone asking "What's the best compliment you ever received?", so I felt like asking the opposite. Btw, the worst one I saw is from a manga I don't remember the title of:

"The MC has a generic haircut."

Yes. Really.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
I saw someone asking "What's the best compliment you ever received?", so I felt like asking the opposite. Btw, the worst one I saw is from a manga I don't remember the title of:

Yes. Really.
Reading the title of the thread I thought you meant worst negative as in most negativity, not as in badly executed. I can't remember anything, but I'mma watch this thread cause this is bound to be funny.

ShrimpShady

Not my work, but I remember seeing someone criticize Attack on Titan because there is no God in the world and people die horribly as a result.

Oh and I'm totally the kind of person who'd drop a series because I didn't like the protagonist's hairstyle. If I'm gonna be staring at some dude for the whole series, I might as well be staring at a dude with half decent hair.

Blackout

Worshipper of Chin Chin the Dark Lord
Not my work, but I remember seeing someone criticize Attack on Titan because there is no God in the world and people die horribly as a result.

Oh and I'm totally the kind of person who'd drop a series because I didn't like the protagonist's hairstyle. If I'm gonna be staring at some dude for the whole series, I might as well be staring at a dude with half decent hair.
I'm not trying to offend those who worship Him, but I'm pretty sure that His hands are tied, even if He does exists.

As for the generic haircut part, the one who commented it is infamous for hating on Isekai series. He's probably adding that in so that people will stop bugging him about copy-and-pasting lousy reviews.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...

Yes. Really.
You don’t live in Illinois so suck it up!

CL

Yes. Really.
The opposite of the best compliment ever received would be the worst, but I am so far seeing here what others have witnessed, not received. I'd like to share what we received for something we called a "Mix Tape". It's an anthology with each author writing a story that shares the same universe as the rest.

What I am about to share here would be considered a comment, but it behaved as a review for all of our stories. I believe the person who left for us to read could never be capable of leaving behind a real review. Also, this comment, it wasn't negative towards us but the message still boggled my mind. It was enough for me to count it as bad. Like, this is as bad a bad haircut. :blob_sir:

Here it is: "Is every one of these stories just a completely generic hetero romance? Fucking waste."

This next bit would be going off the topic a little, so if interested, you can find that comment here. To follow up on that comment, other authors of that anthology had responded towards it, but, as I mentioned, I thought it was ridiculous and only ever brought it up here in this thread. I want to point out why I found it silly: does anyone see a GL, BL, or any gay tags somewhere in this anthology?

vish

Legendary Member
I saw some guy pissed of because of 'space' between quotes like this:
" Hi!"
" hello!"

Reactions: CL

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Yes. Really.

The worst negative reviews I read are the ones that call common human behavior as unrealistic and demand that characters act like they would in other novels... Like throwing yourself into a fight with a powerful monster on 1st day you are in an isekai where you have absolutely 0 clue how anything works in the world and never even fought a small chuwawa let alone a monster simply because some blue screen tells your that your stats are higher.

Simo

A lazy sloth
The worst negative reviews I read are the ones that call common human behavior as unrealistic and demand that characters act like they would in other novels... Like throwing yourself into a fight with a powerful monster on 1st day you are in an isekai where you have absolutely 0 clue how anything works in the world and never even fought a small chuwawa let alone a monster simply because some blue screen tells your that your stats are higher.
I second this

cheriechechan

"You are a beautiful bitch." That is probably the worst 'compliment' that I have received so far. Nerdy, weird, otaku (as usual), normie and etc. were just fine but hearing this trigged my trauma afterwards.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
Got to love when people think they would be some Chad Thundercock if they got isekaied.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps

Yes. Really.
Worst negative?

"I'm glad you won't try to do it. Only Andur can do it well."

This is not an isolated incident. That's why Ai-chan doesn't post on Royalroad anymore. Too many Andur cocksuckers there. Andur himself is fine, Ai-chan never communicated with him. It's his fans who go around other authors pages telling people "This story is shit. Go read Andur." who pissed Ai-chan off.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Once got a one star review on royal road that said "didn't like it. Characters were assholes to each other."