Whats the fastest red flag you've seen when reading

Agentt

Thighs
In Reincarnated as a spider, I dropped it as soon the spirits of MC and demon lord merged. Mind control is already a red flag for me, and detailed mind control which slowly shows how their personality and thoughts are being gradually merged was just horrific.

Another red flag is Gender Bender, that thing is horror for me,
Imagine not being able to goof around your friends because they all want to peg you now.
Or imagine how bad it would feel to lose all your muscles overnight, to see the fibres you worked so hard on covered with fat.

Vnator

I usually, ignore harem-smut stories even more so if they are together however I've never seen a story more repulsive than this one,
Oh my god, I can't stop laughing at that synopsis! Like seriously, what the fuck?! Like congratulations dude, you invented roofies, you're like your generation's Bill Cosby, you must be proud of yourself. And you turned it up to 11 and became a fucking voodoo black magic mad scientist, committed sexy mass murder like if fucking Jonestown took place in the playboy mansion, and then confidently isekaied yourself.

I'll save you all the trouble of reading further and tell you right now what magical fantasy world he ended up in; hell. Either that or he woke up from his bender and swore to never touch salvia ever again. Because good god, man!

LostLibrarian

Most stuff I don't like is avoided through the tags.

Biggest red flag for me is the author including his own opinions (mostly political or racial) into the novel through the characters while it neither makes sense in the situation nor for the character to feel like that at all. If your stupid "guns are so great" or "but race X is so shitty" break my immersion in a fantasy world, there's a high chance I'll drop the story and never touch it again...

Also if your "genius MC" is so stupid it hurts my brain...

Oh, that's another good one.

People who completely reset after their isekai-reincarnation.
40 years old guys who act like pre-teens with no life experience...
agreed. and it's usually followed by them grooming multiple girls from a very young age. the acting like preteens is there to counter that, i guess. overall, it's a very bad experience

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Anytime a story starts with someone cheating.
Or a wedding annulment right in front of bloody everyone in the ballroom.

Tact is something missing from the spoiled child of the "crown prince", it is always the bloody crown prince.

EternalSunset0

Whenever a writer is too influenced by anime and start using Japanese in romanji when writing dialog...

"Ne, Ne, (name)-kun?"

"Ah, mou!" (Groaning??)

"Eto... Eto..."

I almost passed out typing all of that. Sorry for having you read that :blob_catflip:
Mou......

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
I usually, ignore harem-smut stories even more so if they are together however I've never seen a story more repulsive than this one,
That story was actually the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread, but I didn't want to remember the name. So thanks, I guess......
What's the context of this show and the "all just a test"? Did something terrible happen to them but then some higher up just wave their hand and fix everything?
It happened so early in the show, you can just watch it yourself and find out? :blob_wink:

Thanks to @Zirrboy, I can say Ange Cross. I don't remember the first red flag, but the most memorable one was the copious amounts of rape. I don't know how they managed to air that show, lol. Apparently it's fine because it's girl on girl?

Rape in general will turn me aside, even if it's not fetishized. I can push through if I know it's not fetishized, but it'll probably make me less forgiving if there's other flaws like poor grammar or plotting.

There were more, but I got bored.

Vnator

agreed. and it's usually followed by them grooming multiple girls from a very young age. the acting like preteens is there to counter that, i guess. overall, it's a very bad experience
The reason why I dropped jobless reincarnator. Really great show overall with how it started, the characters, world building, everything! But somehow, everyone seems to conveniently excuse the fact that the main character is an unapologetic pedophile when talking about it. I mean, it's kind of a big thing.

Varstark

When the main (or notable) female character is "strong!", "rebellious!" and "fiesty!". It just tells me the author is ear-deep in modern political trappings and ironically, despite what they're writing about said female character, can't think freely for themselves.

As a general trend, Western writers are terrible at writing both men and women, and Eastern writers are terrible at writing men.

The reason why I dropped jobless reincarnator. Really great show overall with how it started, the characters, world building, everything! But somehow, everyone seems to conveniently excuse the fact that the main character is an unapologetic pedophile when talking about it. I mean, it's kind of a big thing.
eeh people are conditioned to it by now. it's one of the many things that come with anime