Are any of you psychos?

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Out of curiosity, are any of you a person who dog-ears your books? Or, even worse, are you a psychopath who dog-ears library books?

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
What is dog-earing? I'll be googling this after I post.
Okay yeah, that's bad. You ruin the pages.

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
You forgot a group: people who crack the spines of their books. You gotta just barely open it and tilt the book side to side so you don't damage it.

Lorelliad

call me Roamer 🎩
That's crazy. There's a reason why bookmarks are a thing.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
It's one thing the motherfucker fold one single corner of the page, it's another when he folds the entire page.

I've seen fuckers who would do a huge fold on a page just to have the page jut out like a bookmark, like how teachers did when they return you your exercise books filled with red marks.

If it is your own book, fine. The bastard loaned the book from the school library and when it was returned, the pages are so fucked up.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
You forgot a group: people who crack the spines of their books. You gotta just barely open it and tilt the book side to side so you don't damage it.
...looks like I'm also a psycho. I will have to be more careful with future books.

i haven't been reading an actual physical book for years

always ebooks or on sites

Erys

Her Highness
Then use some random paper as a bookmark! :blob_cookie:
Uh.....dog-earing the page is faster...
Use some random paper you found from fried food wrappings.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Noooooo! OMG! Write in the margins books, but don't dog-ear them. I mean, if you're keeping the book for yourself, do whatever you want, but if you're going to sell it . . . In school, I loved seeing what previous students had written in textbooks. In university, I always bought used books and hoped that previous owners had written interesting things in them, but I was usually disappointed.

Aaqil

Cookies!
Noooooo! OMG! Write in the margins books, but don't dog-ear them. I mean, if you're keeping the book for yourself, do whatever you want, but if you're going to sell it . . . In school, I loved seeing what previous students had written in textbooks. In university, I always bought used books and hoped that previous owners had written interesting things in them, but I was usually disappointed.
Used books can indeed have notes you don't have to write yourself, *nods nods*, :blob_cookie: