Found someone who downgrade novels by dropping everything after one chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Just growing a thick skin is not enough. We need to grow a thick skin carefully.
aint no such thing. Your parents and friends might care about your feelings, but the day you encounter that one mean son of a bitch who would rather eat a bowl of water with a fork before they give a fuck about your sensitivities....well okay maybe you can be worked up to the level of not crying over it but i still believe in trial by fire
@Tony please lock this thread. The comments are spam. Thank you.
lol tony's see way worse than this, mah boy. I've shown him worse. He didn't even flinch when i spammed threads with comments about how i'd stick my tongue into his tight lil bootyhole and make his ass water. This? This is nothing.
Personally, the one I recently started writing has 1 in dropped and 1 in completed but it only makes me wonder why and how could I have done it better.
If it is only one person dropping and he's not really insulting or anything it's not a real problem.
sometimes people just dont enjoy your writing style, mate. It happens. I mean i wouldn't know because I'm just, like, universally loved by all. But i do sympathize with the plights of the common man

LilRora

Mostly formless
Personally, the one I recently started writing has 1 in dropped and 1 in completed but it only makes me wonder why and how could I have done it better.
If it is only one person dropping and he's not really insulting or anything it's not a real problem.
Yes, that as well. There will always be that one cunt who will drop the story because there is something not matching their narrow tastes. If you filtered out this kind of person, you would suddenly realize that in a thousand people you can count on one hand those who bothered to put your book into dropped for an actual reason.

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
"Mods, please lock the thread. Trolls are filtering authors and the comments are based enough to acknowledge it. You have my gratitude."

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
"Mods, please lock the thread. Trolls are filtering authors and the comments are based enough to acknowledge it. You have my gratitude."

Hnnnggh that bowtie has me actin' up

actually, why does that guy remind me of matt smith so much? is it just that every square jawed white guy with Clark Kent glasses looks the same?

Navtz

sometimes people just dont enjoy your writing style, mate. It happens. I mean i wouldn't know because I'm just, like, universally loved by all. But i do sympathize with the plights of the common man
Nah, not really contemplating that. I have done it as well, reading only the first chapter and dropping. But I enjoy seeing the numbers and thinking about what or how can I change the story to be more appealing and fun, it's not about being universally liked since I am just a common man.
I consider myself pretty open-minded with my tastes however.
Personally work too.
I was just seeing your exact same reply in another thread, the rhyme must have been in my mind.

BigBadBoi

based except I have a reading list specifically to rate 1 star and delete it in the reading list immediately after to not taint my reading lists with garbage

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Nah, not really contemplating that. I have done it as well, reading only the first chapter and dropping. But I enjoy seeing the numbers and thinking about what or how can I change the story to be more appealing and fun, it's not about being universally liked since I am just a common man.
I consider myself pretty open-minded with my tastes however.

I was just seeing your exact same reply in another thread, the rhyme must have been in my mind.
eh, me too. Usually i only drop a story on the first chap when the MC just takes abuse from some heroine who's supposed to be his friend. Shit always has me annoyed beyond reason. The only time i found it tolerable and even funny when it was Heaven's Lost Property. Tomoki was such fucking mood, plus he did earn a fair bit of that abuse.

ye bro let's go dox him, visit his house, and kill his entire family. that'd show that troll! its not like he's adding novels he'd read to a reading list so he can exclude them when searching.

You guys have no empathy.

Imagine being a new author who just posted their first story on this site and only get three readers then one of them dropped your story for no reason at all.

It's very disheartening. The feeling is worse than getting a *1 rating.
honestly new authors have it too good on this site. the community is extremely supportive yet there's always someone bitching about something and its always so disappointing...
oh nooo this guy gave me a 1star!!!!! wtf how can he express his opinion in a negative manner!!! this fucking troll!! strangers cant do the slightest of actions if it affects me badly!!! whay about my feelings!!!

RavenRunes

Filth Wizard
Be nice if they said why they downgraded,
pretty sure that whoever this is, did it to me (they don't like BL??)
So I got a one-star rating. I don't mind but if it was a genuine 1* for style or content and not just because they're a homophobic POS, then I'd like to know.
Also, 'tittily'.

Drytron

They disabled their user profile on the main site, but a quick google search [Redacted] Scribble Hub revealed their names are on the recent readers list. What do they do? they downgrade novels by adding them to their dropped list after reading a chapter. At least 22 novels are affected. I know it's them because one of those novels only have three readers and their names are on the recent readers list.
All of those downgraded novels have nothing in common except one thing: they don't have GL in their genres.
This is why you don't post anything that isn't GL in smuthub. If your story is bad no one will read it because no GL. If your story is good you will still get downgraded to hell because no GL. Just write GL and everyone will be happy.

Theirl

SHHS detainee no. 0004
the same way there are people that only 1 star there a people that only 5 start.... so i dont see the need to care

Dajoe1234

This is why you don't post anything that isn't GL in smuthub. If your story is bad no one will read it because no GL. If your story is good you will still get downgraded to hell because no GL. Just write GL and everyone will be happy.
Why be original when you can write industrial cookie cutter novels?

WingsOfPhantasy

Tomboy Agenda Symphathizer
Compared to the folks on Webnovel who 1star you whilst giving you in-depth descriptions on how they will bang every single last one of your female relatives (even the ones you didn't know existed nor were related to), alongside methods to off yourself, this is kinda tame.
Still sucks for those with thin skin, but tame regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.