When...

doravg

109/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
When you have been making your premium books free a couple at a time, and that gets you more subscribers. But you know that even if you publish a new book in English, they will wait for you to cave, and make it free.
So, you keep on writing in German, in the hopes you will end up speaking the language good enough, to sell your soul for an office job.
Still, it is nice to know someone is ready to wait for my scribbles. Not that they will ever get a notification from me.

doravg

When the AI-generated art for your stories has more people liking it than the stories themselves. So, you try advertising on Facebook...

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
When your single relationship romcom turns into a BL Harem romcom...
But you are already planning that not all the harem members will be gunning for the cute Healer. Some will want the mouthy skeleton, some will want the savvy dwarf, others will want the paradise bird shifter. I just hope I don't forget who wants who...
Not that they all won't end up in an offscreen orgy. @K5Rakitan Am I doing the Polygamy thing right, Sensei?
Almost. The orgy should be onscreen.

doravg

When you have a feeling that today is going to be a good day, and you just wait for the day to start. (It is 7 am here. I have been up since 4:40. Woke up with a smile!)

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
Start with When
When the night has come
And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we'll see
No, I won't be afraid
Oh, I won't be afraid

Just as long as you stand
Stand by me
So darlin', darlin', stand by me
Oh, stand by me
Oh, stand
Stand by me, stand by me.

doravg

When you decide that the setup is good enough for some smut, and you put Unholy on repeat. :p

doravg

When ChatGPT draws the line at skeleton sex, and you have to edit your word vomit yourself...
But I regret nothing!
I am actually thinking of no longer using ChatGPT. Yeah, it does fast work, but I can do the same work in 20 minutes in Google Docs, without having some bot tell me I am a degenerate and need Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
But maybe I do need him because I found, and enjoyed, a book meant for children where Satan is a rabbit...

doravg

When you get 2 views per chapter, which leads you to believe that you have exactly two readers. That is a good thing. I used to have just one. I just hope that they won't mind the spam that is to come. Now that I won't use ChatGPT to edit anymore, my plan is as follows:
Write the 5k words without editing, then edit the chapters one by one, posting as soon as it is readable.
Dora is a free elf, and no bot can tell her to not write skeleton sex! I live in a free country, where BL is grumbled upon, but people are accepting enough and willing to live and let live.
And yes, gay marriage is allowed here. (Church marriage, not official marriage, but still...)

doravg

When ChatGPT has thought you all it can, and you must go out of your comfort zone to grow.
Thank you, Chatbot! I will never forget you! If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have started writing in German. But now you and I can finally go our separate ways after three months of you flagging, and sometimes even deleting, my writing.
I shall remember you fondly, albeit with a little annoyance. You deserved your subscription money.

Major2501

when you work for years on a single novel trying to do your best in each of its 237 chapters, researching and planning every possible detail to make it realistic or interesting. Only to be ignored and see how you might get at best 10 likes and 5 negative reviews.
I feel this... 😞

doravg

When one of your 2 readers binge read your chapters for today, and you are very happy that they are back!
When the other reader has not binge read your chapters, and you just hope they are doing ok...

doravg

When you get a 1-star review on Smashwords and you are just like...
M'ok? You got the book for free and want a refund? Yeah, no.
If it wasn't for the couple of people who have told me the book was good before, I might have believed the review.
This brings me back to my RR days.
I honestly should stop checking my Smashwords account. Let it rot, and keep on focusing on writing in German.
Worst part? This user says that they don't recommend me to anyone, but I am in their favorites. So, they enjoyed my other books, probably for free, but still shat on this one.
I am not going to lie; I feel down about it.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
When you get a 1-star review on Smashwords and you are just like...
M'ok? You got the book for free and want a refund? Yeah, no.
If it wasn't for the couple of people who have told me the book was good before, I might have believed the review.
This brings me back to my RR days.
I honestly should stop checking my Smashwords account. Let it rot, and keep on focusing on writing in German.
Worst part? This user says that they don't recommend me to anyone, but I am in their favorites. So, they enjoyed my other books, probably for free, but still shat on this one.
I am not going to lie; I feel down about it.
They probably didn't enjoy paying for it. They are just bitter that doravg is more cool. :blob_shade:

doravg

They probably didn't enjoy paying for it. They are just bitter that doravg is more cool. :blob_shade:
The book was made free. I just wanted for it to be read. If I had known that this troll was going to get her hands on it, I would have left it behind the paywall.

doravg

When you just want your books to be read, so you migrate them from Smashwords, one by one, chapter by chapter. It is funny, but I read something in the first chapter of Bottle it up! which rose my writing morale:

So, what is the secret to bottling happiness?
It is to let go of your worries, and think about yourself and others in the best light.

I really needed that. What is writing but a bottle of bottled emotions? It is up to me if it is going to bring happiness, or not.

doravg

When you have been feeling down the whole morning, but then somebody posts a writing prompt about crabs, and you can't hold yourself anymore. You just need to do it! Hear me out:
BL crabs!
Yes, I giggled as I wrote.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
When you do your morning workout, and you can't help but think: Today will be a good day!
Good job! I have a similar one.
When you eat greasy food before running 2 miles, and feel like you are going to vomit.

doravg

When you decide that you need more time to read, so you talk yourself into writing just three chapters for your WIP...
They are 1.5k words long, so you still end up writing more than 4.5k words and finish for the day only 1 hour before your usual time.
XD