Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Bochi

Diplomatic Mission to the Dwarf City of Gelderholm
Sponsor
: Scribel City Guild
Location: Very Far Northwest of Scribel (follow the river northwest)
Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Read this quest report (and this one for river course).
  • Make contact with the Dwarves (?) and offer gifts (will be provided by the Guild).
  • Determine if the Dwarves are hostile and/or intelligent.
Description:
Scribel currently lacks abundant resources of ore and metals. Reports have indicated that a dwarven city may lie far upstream on the river, potentially many days/weeks away. Establishing a trade relationship with this kingdom would be extremely beneficial for our city. Beware that pirates from the adjacent territory of Spire Reef have also been sighted on the river.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 300
  • Money: 50G
Three people gathered at one of the gates leaving the city. One of them was standing somewhat further from the other two, and that someone was Vicious. For the trip up north, she had decided to pack warmer than usual...which wasn't saying much, because for the girl, packing warmer meant a shirt that reached her waist. Other than that, she was in her usual getup, enlarged pestle sorry, modified baseball bat strapped to her back. As of this moment, however, she was eyeing up one potential method of travel---a pair of horses---pensively.

Never seen one this close before. They're taller than I imagine. Can I touch the face? I can, right? It feels weird to see them not wearing armour…and not holding weapons.

While it was true that she didn't know how to ride horses and wasn't too keen on learning, the other potential method was---a boat ride along the river. It brought up memories of another duo.

Whenever those two came along, there would definitely be a huge mess for us to clean up. And if by some miracle both of them messed up, oh boy. Now I really don't want to go in the water. Could we go by land? I can keep up with a horse, so I don't even need to ride one...
After briefly looking over the map and greeting each other at the northern gate of Scribel City, the party saddled up their horses and started heading towards the river. Well, in actuality there was only one horse that they rented from the guild, as Felicia was the only one that knew how to ride one. She was in charge of the reins of the horse whilst Vor sat behind her and Vicious chose to use her superhuman speed to keep up with them as they rode.

Before long, they reached the river and started trailing it north. As Felicia had been up this way before for her Rank E Promotion Exam at Gem’s Ravine, she pointed out the location to the others so that they’d know where to go in the future. The first day of the journey was relatively calm, as the trio were some of the strongest at Scribel’s guild branch at the moment,hence they dealt with any mountain wolves/bears with ease. Obviously, their speed slowed as they traversed the steep mountain trails, before making camp in a cave close to some trees for the night.

Over the next few days, the mountains seemed neverending as they continued travelling north-west, having long bypassed Prisoner’s Knoll which marked the fork in the river. As the mountains grew taller and steeper, having approached the heart of the mountain range, the weather similarly grew much frostier. New creatures started appearing as well, ranging from snowy owl-like creatures and lizards, to great antelopes with razor-sharp antlers. Finally, after crossing one of the tallest snow-capped mountains, a great lake could be seen over the horizon.

A whole week had passed, but they were finally here! Just below them was the Bronze City, the underground home of the dwarves, Gelderholm!

As with the case when arriving at any city for the first time, there were plenty of new things to be seen, and occasionally something especially intriguing would catch the eye of the adventurers. Living fully up to its name, the streets of Gelderholm were brimming with works of varying sizes fashioned from handcrafted bronze, amidst various other metals. And then there were the residents; short, stout people with muscular frames, as to be expected of a race closely involved with metalworking. But even though the city was positively brimming with energy, something seemed off and Vicious was the first to bring it up to her travelling companions.

There were way too many defences being built, and as they explored the craftsmen sector the trio witnessed even more under construction. The guards stationed on the streets also seemed way too heavily armoured, even for dwarves. As a matter of fact, everyone on the street seemed to be wearing some kind of armour and carrying some kind of weapon at any point in time. Vicious, who had evaluated one of the reports referenced in the quest description, came up with a plausible explanation for the phenomenon.

"Assuming the mimic wasn't lying, there's a hydra living in the eastern part of the lake, along with several other monsters. Which types he didn't exactly specify, but in my books anything more than zero hydras is too many. They also sometimes come to attack this city, so maybe the dwarves are gearing up in preparation?"

Regardless, the trio continued surveying the area, and while they didn't circle the entire length of the great lake, they managed to cover quite a bit on the western side, all the while keeping an eye out for the hydra that reportedly lived in the eastern portion. It might just have been a stroke of luck as well, but despite traversing rather deeply into the forest surrounding the lake, not once did the party run into any monsters. The woods seemed eerily empty.

After touring around the woods, the trio went back to the bronze city. They had a mission and they needed to accomplish it as fast as possible. But before starting negotiation, it was critical to gather info first. As such, the trio walked around to see what type of product the dwarves would need.

After two hours, the group finally met again and compared notes. It seemed like the dwarves had a severe lack of healing herbs due to the hydra poisoning the area. As such, the group went to talk with the guards with high hopes.

After talking with the guards, and explaining their status as envoy of Scribel city, they were welcomed with open arms to the city hall where the council and the village chief resided. After exchanging some pleasantries, the group finally started talking business. This first particular offer(obviously more varied trade deals would occur in the future as regular contact was established) was to exchange bronze weaponries for healing herbs. The exchange rate was 3 to 1. This offer was something the dwarves tried to negotiate, but knowing that they had the leverage, the group won the deal. In the end, it was agreed upon that the dwarven city, Gilderholm would exchange its swords for 3 herbs, its daggers for 2 and its spears for 4. This offer would be renegotiated annually.

After the negotiations were over, the papers signed and hands shook, the group stayed the night for a feast before coming back to Scribel.
Quest Report (PQ)
Party:
  • Vor Saknave (Level 4)
  • Felicia El Freliti (Level 6)
  • Vicious (Level 4)
Quest: Diplomatic Mission to the Dwarf City of Gelderholm (PQ)
Evaluation:
  • Travelled up the north-western branch of Scribel River for a week on horseback to reach Gelderholm, the bronze city of the dwarves.
  • Passed tall mountain peaks covered in snow/ice.
  • Discovered that the dwarves were potentially preparing for battle with the fearsome hydra in the eastern part of the great lake, who was also poisoning and harming their local fauna/flora.
  • Negotiated a trade deal with the dwarves(bronze weaponry for healing herbs).

Last edited:

FenrIIrz

Bridge Materials: Trees
Sponsor
: The Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Search for 5 large trees.
  • Cut them down.
  • Bring them to the bridge construction site.
Rewards:
  • EXP: 75
  • Money: 10G
I visited the construction site to borrow equipment and check the log they needed. Walking along the riverbank looking for large trees similar to the log I saw on the site. After checking the parameter, I began to cut down the tree.

I chop one side of a tree to make a notch until I’m about a third of the way through the tree. I make a second cut a couple inches higher on the opposite side. When I passed halfway through the tree, the tree groaned and fell to the ground. It was impossible to move the whole tree so I split them into logs. It takes about 6 hours for one tree plus the time I need to drag the logs to the construction site. I’m stuck with chopping for 6 days because of bad weather.

Last edited:
Reactions: GM

FenrIIrz

Blacksmithing is hard ,but it does pay off. As I was already going to the blacksmith, I decided to take this quest. I got my logs and was prepared to make charcoal but I was quickly whisked away and put to proper blacksmithing work. It turns out the head blacksmith had been keeping an eye on me. I was put to work like a dog. I made weapon after weapon: Spear, Sword, Dagger, Axe, Dagger, Hammer. It was very tiring. He was impressed by the quality of the work. "It's even better than some of your seniors." is what he said. Of course it would be. My Dad taught me everything about blacksmithing. I was put through hell for 11 years. While he kept admiring my work, I started and finished the giant weaponised pestle. "I wonder what it's called" I thought to myself. After I finished engraving the name 'Vicious' and getting my form stamped, I quickly left.
Thanks for your hard work. I think the weapon is some kind of 'bat' but in my world, it was for sports though.

FenrIIrz

When I left the guild's building today, I had no intentions of doing any quest. I was tired and my body was still in pain from wounds caused by the ropes. I just wanted to rest.

Moreover, I wasn't able to properly heal myself anymore. I prayed so many times for The Goddess in this last week, asking for guidance, for her blessings, for a way to move on when I'm like... This. And yet, barely anything came out of it. Her will was no longer aligning with mine.

Is this because of the demon? Or is it because I doubted her teachings? Because I was afraid that the path she chose for me might not be the best one...?

I didn't know, all I knew was that I was in pain, and extremely tired, my body felt very heavy and in need of rest... I considered visiting the temple and asking for aid, but Goddess knows what will happen if someone like me were to enter a temple right now... It was laughable, I avoided the temple because I couldn't bear to work in a holy place that did not worship The Goddess, and because of that I'm not unable to even enter said to place to ask for aid.

Nonetheless, I carried on. The Goddess gave me this life for some reason... I just needed to find out what it was. Whatever trials were in front of me, I had to find a way to overcome them.

But not for now, for now I just needed to rest... To close my eyes and relax while I let my body slowly recover.

Or at least, that was my original intent, but while I walked, my head started aching heavily, and I felt as if my eyes were burning... And yet, I was unable to close them... No, not just that, I was unable to stop moving, my body was walking through the streets against my will... Stop, in The Goddess name, stop!

It kept moving, it felt... Happy, fulfilled... I see... I'm scared. I'm scared of what the demon will do while controlling my body, and he is feeding on this fear while he moves me.

... How can I stop feeling fear though? How can I stop being scared of the things that scare me? It doesn't seem like something doable... I prayed to The Goddess to give me the strength to stop him.

We did not walk for long. We eventually found a small alley with a sat down child crying in it. I could see a dark aura coming out of the child's body... At first I was scared that they were also possessed by a demon, but this fear was quickly dissipated, what surrounded the child felt very... Natural. Something that I have known for my entire life, something I sought throughout my entire life.

... No, not I. Those are the Demon's feelings. This child is scared, the demon was attracted to the child's fear... What will he do to them? Please stop this, the child did nothing wrong.

One step. The demon moved my body towards the child leisurely, he seemed to be enjoying this.
Another step, he definitely felt how scared I was of what he was doing, and I could feel how he enjoyed every moment of it.
One more, we were getting closer to the child, the dark aura surrounding them was almost touching us.

We entered the aura's radius. The demon opened my mouth and it started sucking the child's fear inside ourselves. He was feeding on it, just like it fed on mine... If I don't do something now, he'll do something to the child in order to get more fear our of them.

He stepped forward again. The child shivered, it seems they finally realized we were here. But right now the child was only looking downwards, so they couldn't see our face... The demon smiled, eager to enjoy its next meal.

The child slowly looked up, and for a brief moment, I could see it... Hope. A faint hope in the child's face, they saw my priest robes and realized what I was, they hoped I'd be able to help them.

I will not allow that hope to be misplaced. I calmed down, and turned my smile from the devilish smile that was about to eat its next pray, to a gentle smile and talked to the child, I asked them, "Excuse me, could you tell me your name?"

They hesitated for a bit, but they seemed to be a bit calmer now than they were before as well, so they were able to reply properly, "R-Roy." A boy then? It was hard to be sure in this dark alley.

I asked him another question, "What are you doing in here, Roy?"

He started crying again, "I-I lost my parents..." Poor child...

I gently caressed his head, "Well, why don't we look for them together?" I said and then offered him my hand. He hesitated a bit, but held it, so we left the alley.

We walked out and started searching. Apparently his parents were traveling merchants that had arrived in Scribel three days ago, and while they were searching for a place to stay, they ended up getting separated in the middle of the marketplace, so the boy stayed alone during those past days, hoping his parents would find him.

Since neither of us knew what inn his parents could be in, I took him to the guild and asked if he matched the description of any of the children in the missing children quest. Luckily enough, he did, so we could obtain the name of the inn his parents were staying at, and so I brought him there, much to the child's and parents' relief.

And with this out of the way, I walked back to my inn to rest, feeling even more tired than before, and falling asleep as soon as I laid down on my bed.
  • Nene's powers have been weakened ever since the Demon entered her body.
  • As Nene pondered over why exactly this happened, she started fearing for her future. The Demon made use of this opportunity to take over her body.
  • When being controlled, Nene can share some of the feelings of the Demon, and can sense and "see" fear to a certain extent.
  • The Demon found a missing child by moving towards a place filled with fear, and ate the child's fear for nourishment.
  • Nene got her body back in control when her will to help the child overcame her fear.
  • Got the missing child back to his parents.
  • Nene felt even more tired than usual by the time she got back on bed, taking control of her body away from the demon is possibly very strenuous.
So one less missing person... Have a good rest Ms.Nene. I'll take care of this report.

• Money: 30 G

gallantkun

Quest Report | Nyx (level 2, 225/600)
-------------------------------------------

I went to the river that contained the glowstones and peered into the water. Although the attributes of the mana stones were slightly different from what I was used to, probably because it's a different world, they were still recognizably mana stones.

I'm not sure what's so exciting about it though; the mana stones there are pretty low quality - only about 20% to 30% grade. Well, it is the only source available, so I guess you guys have to make do.

To mine the stones out, I created a couple golems. Since I didn't have any high grade stones, I had to make do with directly controlling them.

It was slow to take only the mana stone, so I just mined out a whole chunk of the riverbed and sorted it later. It's probably fine.

The quest never specified the quality of the glowstone, but since it was a low grade vein, I assumed they just needed a bag of low grade mana stone. Honestly, you guys are overpaying me for this stuff, but I guess it's the law of supply and demand.

After storing the sack of mana stone in my item ring, I headed back to report.
-------------------------------------------
OOC: "I will prepare the finest weapon for a level 1 adventurer." Requires: level 2

XD

After reading the report, Kail apologized for the mismatch reward level and level requirement.

"Sir Alex forget to fix the reward due to his carelessness. But since you didn't discover any new usage, you will not get the extra reward."

STAMP

Rewards
:
  • EXP: 105
  • Item: One metal weapon of your choosing (Completed the Minor Objective to obtain this reward.)
  • Item: A mini portable mana battery. (Filled it with a Mana Glowstone to efficiently absorb the mana containing inside it.)

OOC: I kinda forgot to fix it.

Last edited:

FenrIIrz

Three people gathered at one of the gates leaving the city. One of them was standing somewhat further from the other two, and that someone was Vicious. For the trip up north, she had decided to pack warmer than usual...which wasn't saying much, because for the girl, packing warmer meant a shirt that reached her waist. Other than that, she was in her usual getup, enlarged pestle sorry, modified baseball bat strapped to her back. As of this moment, however, she was eyeing up one potential method of travel---a pair of horses---pensively.

Never seen one this close before. They're taller than I imagine. Can I touch the face? I can, right? It feels weird to see them not wearing armour…and not holding weapons.

While it was true that she didn't know how to ride horses and wasn't too keen on learning, the other potential method was---a boat ride along the river. It brought up memories of another duo.

Whenever those two came along, there would definitely be a huge mess for us to clean up. And if by some miracle both of them messed up, oh boy. Now I really don't want to go in the water. Could we go by land? I can keep up with a horse, so I don't even need to ride one...
After briefly looking over the map and greeting each other at the northern gate of Scribel City, the party saddled up their horses and started heading towards the river. Well, in actuality there was only one horse that they rented from the guild, as Felicia was the only one that knew how to ride one. She was in charge of the reins of the horse whilst Vor sat behind her and Vicious chose to use her superhuman speed to keep up with them as they rode.

Before long, they reached the river and started trailing it north. As Felicia had been up this way before for her Rank E Promotion Exam at Gem’s Ravine, she pointed out the location to the others so that they’d know where to go in the future. The first day of the journey was relatively calm, as the trio were some of the strongest at Scribel’s guild branch at the moment,hence they dealt with any mountain wolves/bears with ease. Obviously, their speed slowed as they traversed the steep mountain trails, before making camp in a cave close to some trees for the night.

Over the next few days, the mountains seemed neverending as they continued travelling north-west, having long bypassed Prisoner’s Knoll which marked the fork in the river. As the mountains grew taller and steeper, having approached the heart of the mountain range, the weather similarly grew much frostier. New creatures started appearing as well, ranging from snowy owl-like creatures and lizards, to great antelopes with razor-sharp antlers. Finally, after crossing one of the tallest snow-capped mountains, a great lake could be seen over the horizon.

A whole week had passed, but they were finally here! Just below them was the Bronze City, the underground home of the dwarves, Gelderholm!

As with the case when arriving at any city for the first time, there were plenty of new things to be seen, and occasionally something especially intriguing would catch the eye of the adventurers. Living fully up to its name, the streets of Gelderholm were brimming with works of varying sizes fashioned from handcrafted bronze, amidst various other metals. And then there were the residents; short, stout people with muscular frames, as to be expected of a race closely involved with metalworking. But even though the city was positively brimming with energy, something seemed off and Vicious was the first to bring it up to her travelling companions.

There were way too many defences being built, and as they explored the craftsmen sector the trio witnessed even more under construction. The guards stationed on the streets also seemed way too heavily armoured, even for dwarves. As a matter of fact, everyone on the street seemed to be wearing some kind of armour and carrying some kind of weapon at any point in time. Vicious, who had evaluated one of the reports referenced in the quest description, came up with a plausible explanation for the phenomenon.

"Assuming the mimic wasn't lying, there's a hydra living in the eastern part of the lake, along with several other monsters. Which types he didn't exactly specify, but in my books anything more than zero hydras is too many. They also sometimes come to attack this city, so maybe the dwarves are gearing up in preparation?"

Regardless, the trio continued surveying the area, and while they didn't circle the entire length of the great lake, they managed to cover quite a bit on the western side, all the while keeping an eye out for the hydra that reportedly lived in the eastern portion. It might just have been a stroke of luck as well, but despite traversing rather deeply into the forest surrounding the lake, not once did the party run into any monsters. The woods seemed eerily empty.

After touring around the woods, the trio went back to the bronze city. They had a mission and they needed to accomplish it as fast as possible. But before starting negotiation, it was critical to gather info first. As such, the trio walked around to see what type of product the dwarves would need.

After two hours, the group finally met again and compared notes. It seemed like the dwarves had a severe lack of healing herbs due to the hydra poisoning the area. As such, the group went to talk with the guards with high hopes.

After talking with the guards, and explaining their status as envoy of Scribel city, they were welcomed with open arms to the city hall where the council and the village chief resided. After exchanging some pleasantries, the group finally started talking business. This first particular offer(obviously more varied trade deals would occur in the future as regular contact was established) was to exchange bronze weaponries for healing herbs. The exchange rate was 3 to 1. This offer was something the dwarves tried to negotiate, but knowing that they had the leverage, the group won the deal. In the end, it was agreed upon that the dwarven city, Gilderholm would exchange its swords for 3 herbs, its daggers for 2 and its spears for 4. This offer would be renegotiated annually.

After the negotiations were over, the papers signed and hands shook, the group stayed the night for a feast before coming back to Scribel.
Quest Report (PQ)
Party:
  • Vor Saknave (Level 4)
  • Felicia El Freliti (Level 6)
  • Vicious (Level 4)
Quest: Diplomatic Mission to the Dwarf City of Gelderholm (PQ)
Evaluation:
  • Travelled up the north-western branch of Scribel River for a week on horseback to reach Gelderholm, the bronze city of the dwarves.
  • Passed tall mountain peaks covered in snow/ice.
  • Discovered that the dwarves were potentially preparing for battle with the fearsome hydra in the eastern part of the great lake, who was also poisoning and harming their local fauna/flora.
  • Negotiated a trade deal with the dwarves(bronze weaponry for healing herbs).
"Trading for healing herb? We would need a good container to preserve the herbs until it reaches dwarves' city. "

Maybe we could use potions to trade instead.

"You guys did a good job."

Rewards:
  • EXP: 300

gallantkun

Bridge Materials: Trees
Sponsor
: The Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Search for 5 large trees.
  • Cut them down.
  • Bring them to the bridge construction site.
Rewards:

Report by Kail

"Hmm, they need another 10 trees huh. I will cut another 5 for them then."

Kail borrowed an ax and cart and headed straight to the North Forest. The outer part of the forest looked a bit barren after some adventures cutting them down. But who cares, it is not like the city forbids us from excessive lumbering.

Kail chopped down five trees and neatly arranged it on the cart. He swiftly delivered it on the construction site.

The construction site looked a bit lively as there were already workers standing by to build the bridge. It looked like they were measuring the width of the river and writing something down on the parchment.

Kail delivered the woods and greeted some of the workers. After chit-chatting a bit, Kail compiled his report and submit it to the Guild.

Last edited:

FenrIIrz

Report by Kail

"Hmm, they need another 10 trees huh. I will cut another 5 for them then."

Kail borrowed an ax and cart and headed straight to the North Forest. The outer part of the forest looked a bit barren after some adventures cutting them down. But who cares, it is not like the city forbids us from excessive lumbering.

Kail chopped down five trees and neatly arranged it on the cart. He swiftly delivered it on the construction site.

The construction site looked a bit lively as there were already workers standing by to build the bridge. It looked like they were measuring the width of the river and writing something down on the parchment.

Kail delivered the woods and greeted some of the workers. After chit-chatting a bit, Kail compiled his report and submit it to the Guild.
Heya. we only need one more person to get the boulders from the quarry and the bridge construction is done. Good job.

Zoey

Mustachu
I visited the construction site to borrow equipment and check the log they needed. Walking along the riverbank looking for large trees similar to the log I saw on the site. After checking the parameter, I began to cut down the tree.

I chop one side of a tree to make a notch until I’m about a third of the way through the tree. I make a second cut a couple inches higher on the opposite side. When I passed halfway through the tree, the tree groaned and fell to the ground. It was impossible to move the whole tree so I split them into logs. It takes about 6 hours for one tree plus the time I need to drag the logs to the construction site. I’m stuck with chopping for 6 days because of bad weather.
Good job I believe that's all the wood we need.
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been filed. Thanks.
OOC: Daily cost of living is 10G.

Epsil

> > >
Blacksmith's Apprentice
  • Sponsor: Smithing Guild
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Visit the Smithing Guild forges.
  • Bring a load of firewood as payment.
  • Assist the blacksmith with his/her craft.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
The Smithing Guild is looking for dedicated students interested in smithing.
Blacksmithing is an intensive process that requires many assistants.
Bring a load of firewood, and you will make charcoal and operate the bellows.
Over time, we will teach you to swing a hammer and be a blacksmith's striker.
If you can't stand the heat — get out! — and stop wasting our time.
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • Other: n/a
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Permission to use Smithing Guild forges
> > >
I've heard rumors recently of a potential quarry to the East of Scribel. If so, this might be a chance to get ahead of the others and get myself some ore. But first I need a pick. I decided to return to the Blacksmith, greeted by a hearty slap to the back and a ton of smithing requests. It was tiring, but it was an honest days work. This time I managed to get a break and had time for a small nap. The rhythmic banging, the smell and heat of the hot coals burning, and me sleeping. It all reminded me of home. After I finished the smithing requests. I decided to smelt my sword. I didn't really need it as I wasn't proficient with it, and for defense I could always use my hammer. I made myself a good quality pick, but couldn't reinforce it due to the lack of iron. After getting my request stamped, I left the smithery.

Good job here's your reward.
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been filed. Thanks.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
I've heard rumors recently of a potential quarry to the East of Scribel. If so, this might be a chance to get ahead of the others and get myself some ore. But first I need a pick. I decided to return to the Blacksmith, greeted by a hearty slap to the back and a ton of smithing requests. It was tiring, but it was an honest days work. This time I managed to get a break and had time for a small nap. The rhythmic banging, the smell and heat of the hot coals burning, and me sleeping. It all reminded me of home. After I finished the smithing requests. I decided to smelt my sword. I didn't really need it as I wasn't proficient with it, and for defense I could always use my hammer. I made myself a good quality pick, but couldn't reinforce it due to the lack of iron. After getting my request stamped, I left the smithery.
Good job here's your reward.

> > >
Asteria Village Relay Station
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Night Watch
  • Get stationed near Asteria Village for one month.
  • Care for the horses in the stables.
  • Assist travelers in any way necessary.
The Adventurer's Guild maintains an outpost near Asteria Village in the west.
The outpost serves as a relay station for any regional activity in the rural area.
Please keep horses fresh at all times in case of emergency.
Use your best judgement to aid locals and travelers.
Rewards:
> > >

A chestnut coloured horse galloped through the city streets of Scribel, its hooves pounded the cobblestone pavement like hailstone on a metal roof. The charge of the animal was a potential collision that only almost happened but never did. At the wake of the hose’s gallop was the outrage and discontent from people of the city. But the rider showed no interest in the anger of the citizens, he only hugged the neck of the animal, like a rag-doll barely hanging on.

Finally, the horse stopped at the doorstep of the Scribel Adventurer’s guild. The rider slipped from the saddle and fell onto the ground, limp and un-moving. A crowd started to gather and some gasped at the man’s shattered body; they saw cuts where blood flowed freely, and arrows, three arrows inches apart all through his left shoulder, a testament to the archer's skill.

A receptionist came out of the guild to investigate the commotion and recognized the rider immediately, it was Zorion Ortis.

Zorion's eyes could barely focus on the receptionist, but with the last of his energy, he tried to hand over an object towards the guild staff. He was too weak, his hand fell to the ground like a puppet without its strings; and the object, the small book he tried to deliver, tumbled and landed at the receptionist’s feet.

Processed and filed
Day 1:
I came upon the outpost with a heavy heart, this is the furthest away from civilization I have travel alone. Although my liege turned out to be a consummate liar, I can not question his skills in combat and with him, I was always safe.

With my armour barely holding together and my sword weathered and chipped, my hope is that the gods will smile upon me and challenge me not with anything overly dire.

Day 9
Having lived my life as a squire was a boon, the handling of horses came easily and at the same time, it alleviated the stress building over the last few months, the massive change in my life from squire to becoming an adventurer and learning the limits of what I can do have not been easy.

Day 11
The outpost was stocked to the brim with of travel rations, however, as a meal, it is a diet that left much to desire. So I started to search for a way to rectify that.

There was no armoury in the outpost but I did find a bow and a quiver of arrows, I suspect it was left behind by some absent-minded traveller.

Hunting for wild animals occurred to me as something to add to my tasks.

My attempt to use the bow was disgraceful

Day 15
I had yet to meet a single soul, however, the humdrum of this posting, the dull solitude and monotony, I can’t say I hate it. Managing the animals and soaking in nature’s uncaring rhythm suited me fine, perhaps the blood of a farmer runs in my veins thicker than I realized.

I had improved my skill with the bow, but in the end, I resorted to some simple traps; there seems to be an abundance of rabbits in the area, I suspect that there is some fast-growing vegetation nearby to allow for such a population.

As a result, there will soon be an abundance of rabbit jerky stocked at the outpost.

Day 19
Today, a traveller.

He hailed from the west and his destination was the east. I offered him food, and a place by the fire, as he unwinded, I tended to his horse. When I saw him relaxed, I mimed several questions.

The man was guarded at first, but as soon as it was established that I was mute, the traveller became more and more uninhibited. Perhaps the idea that I can’t speak makes others feel like they have to do my share of talking,

On the shoulder of the man’s tabard was a symbol, two dragons encircling a fortress. When I pointed, he explained that he is a squire from a chivalric order, the Dragoons of Frost Drift. I wonder if Frost Drift is a person or a place, whatever it is, their home was far in the west.

Hearing of knights, real knights, not fake ones like my master, the idea made me feel pangs of shame, the thought me wearing my armour now makes me feel like a child playing at make-believe.

After listening to the man for a while, the traveller became more and more open. This made me frown, I did not think it was in traveller’s best interest, to tell me so much. But my look of distress did not deter his ranting.

The squire complained about his mission, he needed to travel to Spire Reef to find someone, and that there was a great upheaval in the west and northwest of Asteria. Everyone is vying for control for something called, the Tear of the Gods, but the squire did not know what the tear is what it does or even where it is, the only thing he was certain, was that everyone desires it.

Various organizations and powers in that region are now racing to marshal their forces and establishing trade routes in the preparation for war.

War is not here yet, but war is coming.

I took out my chalkboard and asked if the dragoons are involved, the squire just shrugged and snarked, “No one tells him nothing!”

But I felt he was pretty well informed, compared to me that is. As I contemplated to what extent I should interrogate the traveller, He had fallen fast asleep.

Day 21
A merchant and accompanying guard came by, I was again told of this mysterious Tear of the gods, it seems everyone in the west are obsessed with it.

I remember there were several woodcutting quests at the guild, so I purchase an axe for a low price. Tending to the merchant’s horses and offering food might have laid the groundwork of haggling. That or the merchant found it impossible to haggle with a mute that only gave one-word answers.

Day --

Please - excuse the hastiness of this -

Five men came to the outpost. They all carried bows. Nomads. Maybe.

They are looking for someone- something to do with that Tear again. I think or maybe not

Their bows it’s the same as the one I found in the outpost.

I think - that they are looking for someone who left the bow at the outpost, someone took something from them.

I told them, there's no one here but me, but their only concern was me using light magic to tell them.

They don’t believe me, they suspect me. They are going to find the bow!

They are arguing right now, outside.

I have to run.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu

A chestnut coloured horse galloped through the city streets of Scribel, its hooves pounded the cobblestone pavement like hailstone on a metal roof. The charge of the animal was a potential collision that only almost happened but never did. At the wake of the hose’s gallop was the outrage and discontent from people of the city. But the rider showed no interest in the anger of the citizens, he only hugged the neck of the animal, like a rag-doll barely hanging on.

Finally, the horse stopped at the doorstep of the Scribel Adventurer’s guild. The rider slipped from the saddle and fell onto the ground, limp and un-moving. A crowd started to gather and some gasped at the man’s shattered body; they saw cuts where blood flowed freely, and arrows, three arrows inches apart all through his left shoulder, a testament to the archer's skill.

A receptionist came out of the guild to investigate the commotion and recognized the rider immediately, it was Zorion Ortis.

Zorion's eyes could barely focus on the receptionist, but with the last of his energy, he tried to hand over an object towards the guild staff. He was too weak, his hand fell to the ground like a puppet without its strings; and the object, the small book he tried to deliver, tumbled and landed at the receptionist’s feet.

Day 1:
I came upon the outpost with a heavy heart, this is the furthest away from civilization I have travel alone. Although my liege turned out to be a consummate liar, I can not question his skills in combat and with him, I was always safe.

With my armour barely holding together and my sword weathered and chipped, my hope is that the gods will smile upon me and challenge me not with anything overly dire.

Day 9
Having lived my life as a squire was a boon, the handling of horses came easily and at the same time, it alleviated the stress building over the last few months, the massive change in my life from squire to becoming an adventurer and learning the limits of what I can do have not been easy.

Day 11
The outpost was stocked to the brim with of travel rations, however, as a meal, it is a diet that left much to desire. So I started to search for a way to rectify that.

There was no armoury in the outpost but I did find a bow and a quiver of arrows, I suspect it was left behind by some absent-minded traveller.

Hunting for wild animals occurred to me as something to add to my tasks.

My attempt to use the bow was disgraceful

Day 15
I had yet to meet a single soul, however, the humdrum of this posting, the dull solitude and monotony, I can’t say I hate it. Managing the animals and soaking in nature’s uncaring rhythm suited me fine, perhaps the blood of a farmer runs in my veins thicker than I realized.

I had improved my skill with the bow, but in the end, I resorted to some simple traps; there seems to be an abundance of rabbits in the area, I suspect that there is some fast-growing vegetation nearby to allow for such a population.

As a result, there will soon be an abundance of rabbit jerky stocked at the outpost.

Day 19
Today, a traveller.

He hailed from the west and his destination was the east. I offered him food, and a place by the fire, as he unwinded, I tended to his horse. When I saw him relaxed, I mimed several questions.

The man was guarded at first, but as soon as it was established that I was mute, the traveller became more and more uninhibited. Perhaps the idea that I can’t speak makes others feel like they have to do my share of talking,

On the shoulder of the man’s tabard was a symbol, two dragons encircling a fortress. When I pointed, he explained that he is a squire from a chivalric order, the Dragoons of Frost Drift. I wonder if Frost Drift is a person or a place, whatever it is, their home was far in the west.

Hearing of knights, real knights, not fake ones like my master, the idea made me feel pangs of shame, the thought me wearing my armour now makes me feel like a child playing at make-believe.

After listening to the man for a while, the traveller became more and more open. This made me frown, I did not think it was in traveller’s best interest, to tell me so much. But my look of distress did not deter his ranting.

The squire complained about his mission, he needed to travel to Spire Reef to find someone, and that there was a great upheaval in the west and northwest of Asteria. Everyone is vying for control for something called, the Tear of the Gods, but the squire did not know what the tear is what it does or even where it is, the only thing he was certain, was that everyone desires it.

Various organizations and powers in that region are now racing to marshal their forces and establishing trade routes in the preparation for war.

War is not here yet, but war is coming.

I took out my chalkboard and asked if the dragoons are involved, the squire just shrugged and snarked, “No one tells him nothing!”

But I felt he was pretty well informed, compared to me that is. As I contemplated to what extent I should interrogate the traveller, He had fallen fast asleep.

Day 21
A merchant and accompanying guard came by, I was again told of this mysterious Tear of the gods, it seems everyone in the west are obsessed with it.

I remember there were several woodcutting quests at the guild, so I purchase an axe for a low price. Tending to the merchant’s horses and offering food might have laid the groundwork of haggling. That or the merchant found it impossible to haggle with a mute that only gave one-word answers.

Day --

Please - excuse the hastiness of this -

Five men came to the outpost. They all carried bows. Nomads. Maybe.

They are looking for someone- something to do with that Tear again. I think or maybe not

Their bows it’s the same as the one I found in the outpost.

I think - that they are looking for someone who left the bow at the outpost, someone took something from them.

I told them, there's no one here but me, but their only concern was me using light magic to tell them.

They don’t believe me, they suspect me. They are going to find the bow!

They are arguing right now, outside.

I have to run.
*After seeing the dying man being taken to the temple for treatment I evaluated his report.*

Well this is concerning I hope by the time your reading this your feeling better.

Last edited:

Bochi

Rank E Promotion Exam
Sponsor
: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild

Objectives
  • Survive for two weeks without your equipment.
  • Travel through Gem's Ravine and climb Bighorn Mountain.
  • Retrieve an egg from a Giant Kukuu Bird Nest.
  • Return to Scribel City with the egg intact.
Description
So you think you're strong enough to be Rank E? Pfft~ Don't get too cocky just because you've beaten up a few goblins with a fancy sword!

If you want to be Rank E, prove to me that you can survive in the wilderness without your precious tools and equipment. I'll be confiscating those for safekeeping~ Much of the World of Tonia is wilderness and filled with monsters, so you won't survive for long if you can't handle a simple camping trip~!
Of course, there will be monsters as you make your journey through Gem's Ravine. How will you handle them?
At the end of the canyon, please climb Bighorn Mountain. A colony of Giant Kukuu Birds make their nests close to the peak. Kukuu Birds are known to kidnap eggs from other species and raise them as their own, so you'll find all sorts of random creatures wandering the mountain. Please retrieve an egg from a Giant Kukuu Nest and escape with it. You better keep it intact, or else you fail!

Feeling confident yet? If you're not ready, come back and talk to me another day!

Reward:
EXP:400
Money:50G
Items:
Rank E Certificate
Random Egg (it might hatch!)
"...Wow."

After reading the quest description, the only thing the girl could think of saying was that.

Racist, much? I don't even have a sword. But whatever, I'll just take a trip and think of it as an extended vacation then.

Shrugging, Vicious handed over her newly acquired baseball bat, personal effects, and even her jacket, before leaving the city with just the clothes on her body.

Once she was outside, Vicious waited until she had trekked far enough that the city was out of sight---then she took off. Felicia had been kind enough to show her the route to Gem Ravine on the way to the Dwarves' City a while back, so she just needed to retrace her steps. On her part, however, she had to admit that she hadn't been entirely candid.

Keep up with a horse? Please.

As the winds brushed against her, Vicious laughed; a clear, genuine giggle of pure mirth, and took a turn at the fork on the road, heading down the dirt path next to the river while kicking up a trail of dust behind her.

*****​

It took the girl about three days to reach a good distance into the ravine itself, and when she found a clearing of trees right next to a small creek, she was sold. That same clearing would be her base for the next week or so.

Let's see here...

Vicious studied the heap of leaves, branches, and vines she had foraged off the shrubbery, tying a knot somewhere in the middle of the vine and one end onto the trunk of a sturdy looking tree. The two hours she spent on arranging the materials in a specific pattern seemed to be a massive waste of time until the girl smugly tugged on the vine's other end.

*Whoosh*

The small floral arrangement lifted up into the air, forming a makeshift roof for a generous-sized one-person shelter. As she looped the free end around the trunk several times before tying a dead knot to one of the tougher branches, Vicious then picked up the second stack of sticks she had gathered and lashed them together with more vines, before setting up makeshift pillars to support the hanging roof with. This took her another hour.

"Alright, let's see what I can find for food here."

By evening, there was a small fire a safe distance away from her shelter, and Vicious was roasting boar meat over the flames, along with some vegetables. And how did she know those were safe to consume? After a furious boar ran into her snare trap and got quite stuck, the girl spent thirty minutes feeding all manner of wild herbs to it. Each time the poor animal vomited out whatever he had just been fed with---well, she trusted it's survival instincts. Then, as a sign of gratitude, she cooked and ate it.

Survival of the fittest. No matter what, she had been a gangster once, after all. Something like that was just tools of the trade.

After she'd picked a whole leg clean and wrapped the rest in leaves to keep for later, Vicious grabbed the leg bone and got to work with a piece of rock. Making something sharp to confront wild animals with. Then, after she had gone through two rocks and had a decently honed point, the girl stamped out the flames, yawned, and went into her shelter with her newfound friend in the wilderness hanging from her waist.

*****​
Another two days passed. In this span of time, Vicious had snared one more boar, two rabbits, made some more bone implements to stabby-stab with, and killed off a dark blue moon wolf when it trespassed on her house. To be fair to the wolf, there weren't fences or signs or anything, but it got caught in a pre-prepared log trap while attempting to steal the cooked rabbit she had set out as bait. Then it woke her up with it's pained cries in the middle of the goddamned night while she had been having a good dream---Vicious wasn't pleased at all.

After she spent the most of another day skinning the wolf with it's own claws, Vicious fashioned a little cloak for herself to wear on the climb, since all good girls know that you needed to wrap up warm while climbing a mountain that gradually got colder at the top. Unfortunately she'd neglected to give herself long sleeves or gloves, so the girl's hands remained frosty. Then, spending one last night in the hut, when morning came again, Vicious stuck the dead wolf's decapitated head onto a spike, and started her way up the mountain.

*****​
Working her way up the mountain took another two and a half days. True to the memo, the place was filled with random creatures, most of which had no business here but were here anyway. A pleasant miscalculation of hers, however, was that the mountain wasn't really as cold as she expected. Between that and a small campfire every now and then, she was feeling almost toasty. She took some minor injuries while getting into a scrape with what looked like a yeti-gorilla crossbreed, but once she started carrying around it's head on a stick, the number of wild animals trying to bother her dropped noticeably.

Then she found the nest she was looking for, just as the overhead sun started it's descent. In the short span of time before the birds returned, Vicious performed a cursory inspection: the nest itself was big enough to fit four eggs and then some, and she reckoned she might even be able to lie down in it herself. It was also lined with feathered and various other kind of soft items---was that a blanket?---to provide a soft padding for the eggs. Here, Vicious took out the request page and went through the contents once more.

'Please retrieve an egg from a Giant Kukuu Nest and escape with it. You better keep it intact, or else you fail!'

It says I had to return with an egg. It didn't say I couldn't accidentally break the rest.

If the eggs were alive, they would have been screaming for their parents now, because Vicious was about to live up to her namesake. She grabbed the side of the nest, and started dragging it, pushing it closer to the steep slope which had taken her considerable effort to climb. Once both her and the nest were at the edge, Vicious wasted no time climbing into the nest.

Survival of the fittest. The nest, eggs and girl went over the side and slid down the mountain over fifty miles per hour.

Then it crashed into the halfway-point, gained air-time for a few moments before crashing back down. The girl was trying not to bite her tongue, but she couldn't resist a whoop and cheer. And then bit her tongue anyways. Either by skill or a stroke of pure luck, the nest ploughed into a thicket of bushes and not a tree, and that was the worst injury she suffered on the express line down the mountain.

"Whuh! Ahmasing! Bleh."

Still on an adrenaline rush after what had happened, Vicious stared at the nest's contents. Two eggs had fallen out on the way down and one of them was smashed, leaving the last one intact. It trembled slightly and was warm to the touch when she felt the surface, so she didn't have to go back for round 2, not that she particularly minded that notion.

Still, it looks really plain, doesn't it. Brown with black markings...oh well. It's small and I can carry it with one arm, so I don't really care. Now, back to the city we go.

Tucking the egg under one arm and wrapping it with her cloak to ensure that it stayed with her, Vicious once again took off, heading back to the city at a pace that would have put regular horses to shame. For a round trip and back, it took her 15 days in total, all spent in the wilderness.

Last edited:
> > >

Office Work
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Spend a day as an office clerk in the Scribel City government.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Have you ever wanted to work for the guild?
Sort files? Process papers? Read quest reports all day?
Be a receptionist? Manage a warehouse?
Wait no longer! The city guild is hiring entry-level workers!
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
> > >
Zorion slowly walks into the guild and places his report on the counter. However the handwriting in the report does seem less unified than his usual.

Dear Guild Staff,

After the near fatal encounter the week prior, I sought task that are less physically challenging, at least until my body recovers. I had spend the day at the city hall archives entering in statics of quest completion rate of the guild. The process was uneventful however that level of uneventful-ness is what I need right now. I remain.

At your service,
Zorion Orti

FenrIIrz

"...Wow."

After reading the quest description, the only thing the girl could think of saying was that.

Racist, much? I don't even have a sword. But whatever, I'll just take a trip and think of it as an extended vacation then.

Shrugging, Vicious handed over her newly acquired baseball bat, personal effects, and even her jacket, before leaving the city with just the clothes on her body.

Once she was outside, Vicious waited until she had trekked far enough that the city was out of sight---then she took off. Felicia had been kind enough to show her the route to Gem Ravine on the way to the Dwarves' City a while back, so she just needed to retrace her steps. On her part, however, she had to admit that she hadn't been entirely candid.

Keep up with a horse? Please.

As the winds brushed against her, Vicious laughed; a clear, genuine giggle of pure mirth, and took a turn at the fork on the road, heading down the dirt path next to the river while kicking up a trail of dust behind her.

*****​

It took the girl about three days to reach a good distance into the ravine itself, and when she found a clearing of trees right next to a small creek, she was sold. That same clearing would be her base for the next week or so.

Let's see here...

Vicious studied the heap of leaves, branches, and vines she had foraged off the shrubbery, tying a knot somewhere in the middle of the vine and one end onto the trunk of a sturdy looking tree. The two hours she spent on arranging the materials in a specific pattern seemed to be a massive waste of time until the girl smugly tugged on the vine's other end.

*Whoosh*

The small floral arrangement lifted up into the air, forming a makeshift roof for a generous-sized one-person shelter. As she looped the free end around the trunk several times before tying a dead knot to one of the tougher branches, Vicious then picked up the second stack of sticks she had gathered and lashed them together with more vines, before setting up makeshift pillars to support the hanging roof with. This took her another hour.

"Alright, let's see what I can find for food here."

By evening, there was a small fire a safe distance away from her shelter, and Vicious was roasting boar meat over the flames, along with some vegetables. And how did she know those were safe to consume? After a furious boar ran into her snare trap and got quite stuck, the girl spent thirty minutes feeding all manner of wild herbs to it. Each time the poor animal vomited out whatever he had just been fed with---well, she trusted it's survival instincts. Then, as a sign of gratitude, she cooked and ate it.

Survival of the fittest. No matter what, she had been a gangster once, after all. Something like that was just tools of the trade.

After she'd picked a whole leg clean and wrapped the rest in leaves to keep for later, Vicious grabbed the leg bone and got to work with a piece of rock. Making something sharp to confront wild animals with. Then, after she had gone through two rocks and had a decently honed point, the girl stamped out the flames, yawned, and went into her shelter with her newfound friend in the wilderness hanging from her waist.

*****​
Another two days passed. In this span of time, Vicious had snared one more boar, two rabbits, made some more bone implements to stabby-stab with, and killed off a dark blue moon wolf when it trespassed on her house. To be fair to the wolf, there weren't fences or signs or anything, but it got caught in a pre-prepared log trap while attempting to steal the cooked rabbit she had set out as bait. Then it woke her up with it's pained cries in the middle of the goddamned night while she had been having a good dream---Vicious wasn't pleased at all.

After she spent the most of another day skinning the wolf with it's own claws, Vicious fashioned a little cloak for herself to wear on the climb, since all good girls know that you needed to wrap up warm while climbing a mountain that gradually got colder at the top. Unfortunately she'd neglected to give herself long sleeves or gloves, so the girl's hands remained frosty. Then, spending one last night in the hut, when morning came again, Vicious stuck the dead wolf's decapitated head onto a spike, and started her way up the mountain.

*****​
Working her way up the mountain took another two and a half days. True to the memo, the place was filled with random creatures, most of which had no business here but were here anyway. A pleasant miscalculation of hers, however, was that the mountain wasn't really as cold as she expected. Between that and a small campfire every now and then, she was feeling almost toasty. She took some minor injuries while getting into a scrape with what looked like a yeti-gorilla crossbreed, but once she started carrying around it's head on a stick, the number of wild animals trying to bother her dropped noticeably.

Then she found the nest she was looking for, just as the overhead sun started it's descent. In the short span of time before the birds returned, Vicious performed a cursory inspection: the nest itself was big enough to fit four eggs and then some, and she reckoned she might even be able to lie down in it herself. It was also lined with feathered and various other kind of soft items---was that a blanket?---to provide a soft padding for the eggs. Here, Vicious took out the request page and went through the contents once more.

'Please retrieve an egg from a Giant Kukuu Nest and escape with it. You better keep it intact, or else you fail!'

It says I had to return with an egg. It didn't say I couldn't accidentally break the rest.

If the eggs were alive, they would have been screaming for their parents now, because Vicious was about to live up to her namesake. She grabbed the side of the nest, and started dragging it, pushing it closer to the steep slope which had taken her considerable effort to climb. Once both her and the nest were at the edge, Vicious wasted no time climbing into the nest.

Survival of the fittest. The nest, eggs and girl went over the side and slid down the mountain over fifty miles per hour.

Then it crashed into the halfway-point, gained air-time for a few moments before crashing back down. The girl was trying not to bite her tongue, but she couldn't resist a whoop and cheer. And then bit her tongue anyways. Either by skill or a stroke of pure luck, the nest ploughed into a thicket of bushes and not a tree, and that was the worst injury she suffered on the express line down the mountain.

"Whuh! Ahmasing! Bleh."

Still on an adrenaline rush after what had happened, Vicious stared at the nest's contents. Two eggs had fallen out on the way down and one of them was smashed, leaving the last one intact. It trembled slightly and was warm to the touch when she felt the surface, so she didn't have to go back for round 2, not that she particularly minded that notion.

Still, it looks really plain, doesn't it. Brown with black markings...oh well. It's small and I can carry it with one arm, so I don't really care. Now, back to the city we go.

Tucking the egg under one arm and wrapping it with her cloak to ensure that it stayed with her, Vicious once again took off, heading back to the city at a pace that would have put regular horses to shame. For a round trip and back, it took her 15 days in total, all spent in the wilderness.
Welcome back, and congratulations on your promotion!

EXP:400
Money:50G
Items:
Rank E Certificate
Random Egg (it might hatch!)

gallantkun

> > >
Goblin Subjugation
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Exterminate stray goblins.
  • Collect 3 pairs of goblin ears.
  • Warning: Do not overestimate yourself.
    • Report large goblin tribes/clans to the guild.
    • Do not pick fights you cannot handle.
Goblins are one of the weakest monsters.
However, they can be extremely dangerous in numbers.
They have been known to kill travelers and overconfident adventurers.
Do not underestimate the goblins. They are a deadly threat.
It is ill-advised to taken on more than a few at once.
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
> > >

Report by Kail

"Goblin, little goblin, huh." Kail muttered silently as he stalked 5 goblins as they chasing around their prey.

It has been an hour after Kail accepted the quest and wandered around inside the North Forest. At first, he wanted to bash the goblin with his fist but decided against it as it would be messy and alerted other goblins in the vicinities. So, he simply stalked and waited for opportunities.

One of the goblin branch off from its group and Kail took his opportunity. He appeared behind the poor goblin and used his mana-strengthen hands to snap its neck like a twig. 'Uhuhuhu one down, two more to go.' Kail didn't collect the goblin ears and continued stalking the wandering goblins.

*thwack* *kyahaha*

'From that sound, I suspected they have subdued the wild boar. It is time to act.'

From the bushes opening, Kail saw two exhausted goblins cheering over the carcass. The other two goblins were nowhere to be found.

As they started to butcher the boar, a bright light engulfed their viewed, temporarily blind them. A dull sound of bone snapping was heard. The second blind goblin tried to run away from the unknown assailant but it was too late. It was kicked on the back on his head caused it to fly to the nearest tree and broke its skull in the process.

'This is quite messy than I expected.'

*garr gii* *gii gaa* an incomprehensible yelling was echoing on the other side of the bushes.

'The other 2 are coming here, huh.' Kail picked up the ragged spear and slowly circulated mana inside it causing the spear to vibrate loudly.

With a quick movement, he stabbed the first goblin directly at its heart. The second goblin didn't have the time to gasp before it being pummeled by its former comrade body.

After a few seconds of senseless pummeling, Kail collected 3 pairs of goblin ears. He also butchered the wild boar and gathered its valuable parts.

Kail looked at the messy battlefield and pondered to himself. 'This world is affecting me in a weird way.' He threw the thought to the back of his mind and merrily return to the Guild.

Last edited: