<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Verified by @Zoey
Slime Subjugation
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in Scribel City.
  • Collect 10 slime cores.
Slimes are a pest in Scribel City, and they end up in all sorts of weird places.
While they aren’t too dangerous, they can slowly erode and damage structures over time.
They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff.
Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
  • Other: n/a

Sewers stink. They are no place for an Oujo sama like me to be. Unfortunately I have no choice. I changed into some old clothes and entered the sewers. My dolls led the way carrying candles. Not even five minutes into the sewer, I found a slime nest.

So here is the plan, according to my research among guild's documents, slimes are weak to fire and alkalis. I have no way to access the later, but the first one is easy enough. Undead or not, I am still a dragon-kin. It is more of a firecracker and a joke but it is more than enough to kill some isolated slimes. Any groups or powerful ones will just have go through a brawl with the dolls and some tail whips.

One of my dolls taunted the slimes to have them go after her. Once all of them had started moving, My second doll and I started picking of stranglers one by one. My third doll was pocketing all the cores of the dead slimes. We got five slimes as so. I un-summoned my first doll and went after a small group of slimes far from the main group.

After getting clawed to death by dolls and smacked by my precious tail, we defeated five more of them. After my doll swiped those cores, we left as fast as we could. The first thing we did afterwards was take a bath.
"Finally we are done with the yucky stuff. My clothes were disheveled and the slime's sticky stuff did a number on it too. Glad I wore old clothes of mine," were my thoughts regarding the quesr.

Additional Notes :
  1. It seems the slimes are forming nests. The guild might want to look into this lest we face a slime population explosion.
  2. Hire some guys to clean the sewers! It is yucky!

@Zoey

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Using the influence caused by the posters that I distributed the last time, I receive 2 workers in the guild and explain to them the working conditions. Satisfied with the conditions and motivated by the propaganda posters I spread in the town, they agree and sign the official contract. With that, only 3 more builders are required.

After waiting for 30 minutes no one else enters the guild so I make my way out to convince some more people of the "righteous cause" that is building the bridge. It doesn't take more than 36 minutes before I chance upon a small group of 3 workers discussing the bridge construction project, but still slightly hesitant to sign up for it. Perfect.

I politely inject myself into their conversation, clarify any questions they have, once again stress the importance of the project and the glory one will receive in working in it, and finally convince them to join the project as workers. 3 contracts later, I have reached the required amount of workers for this quest. Excellent.
With this we have all the workers we need to build the bridge, good job.
  • EXP: 75
  • Money: 10G
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been filed. Thanks.
OOC: Daily cost of living is 10G.

Zoey

Mustachu
Sewers stink. They are no place for an Oujo sama like me to be. Unfortunately I have no choice. I changed into some old clothes and entered the sewers. My dolls led the way carrying candles. Not even five minutes into the sewer, I found a slime nest.

So here is the plan, according to my research among guild's documents, slimes are weak to fire and alkalis. I have no way to access the later, but the first one is easy enough. Undead or not, I am still a dragon-kin. It is more of a firecracker and a joke but it is more than enough to kill some isolated slimes. Any groups or powerful ones will just have go through a brawl with the dolls and some tail whips.

One of my dolls taunted the slimes to have them go after her. Once all of them had started moving, My second doll and I started picking of stranglers one by one. My third doll was pocketing all the cores of the dead slimes. We got five slimes as so. I un-summoned my first doll and went after a small group of slimes far from the main group.

After getting clawed to death by dolls and smacked by my precious tail, we defeated five more of them. After my doll swiped those cores, we left as fast as we could.

Additional Notes : It seems the slimes are forming nests. The guild might want to look into this lest we face a slime population explosion.

@Zoey
Everthing looks good, here's your reward.
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been filed. Thanks.

Obscura_Luna

Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.
  • Do not leave your post.
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed.We need people to help keep the city safe. Rewards:
**DONE/FILED**
After looking at the list of posted jobs, Michuema ended up taking the simplest job. Night watch. It was one of his job in his previous village. Due to that, he thought it was the best way to accustom himself to live in the city. He intended to start small after all.

The night was, as usual, uneventful. It was boring but it was a job. He just patrolled the wall and then looked at the faraway from time to time. The only thing worth mentioning was a stray wolf that managed to get close to the wall. The hunter nocked his arrow on his bow and then aimed at the wolf in the distance. “…take it slow…slow…,” he whispered to no one. Just as the wind blew against the torch slightly, making the fire waver, he released his arrow. The arrow traveled in an arc and then it landed on its target. While he couldn’t hear the beast’s sound, it just wobbled a bit and then left with the arrow stuck on its body.

Seeing that, Michuema let out a disappointed sigh. He has lost an arrow and also his prey. But since it is a night watch job, he couldn’t just run and chase his prey. He looked to the other night watchman there and they just shook their head, meaning he shouldn’t chase them. “…dang it,” he mumbled as he returned to his watch spot again until the night is over.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
After looking at the list of posted jobs, Michuema ended up taking the simplest job. Night watch. It was one of his job in his previous village. Due to that, he thought it was the best way to accustom himself to live in the city. He intended to start small after all.

The night was, as usual, uneventful. It was boring but it was a job. He just patrolled the wall and then looked at the faraway from time to time. The only thing worth mentioning was a stray wolf that managed to get close to the wall. The hunter nocked his arrow on his bow and then aimed at the wolf in the distance. “…take it slow…slow…,” he whispered to no one. Just as the wind blew against the torch slightly, making the fire waver, he released his arrow. The arrow traveled in an arc and then it landed on its target. While he couldn’t hear the beast’s sound, it just wobbled a bit and then left with the arrow stuck on its body.

Seeing that, Michuema let out a disappointed sigh. He has lost an arrow and also his prey. But since it is a night watch job, he couldn’t just run and chase his prey. He looked to the other night watchman there and they just shook their head, meaning he shouldn’t chase them. “…dang it,” he mumbled as he returned to his watch spot again until the night is over.
Well done on your first quest, here's your reward.

Feathers95

Night Watch
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.
  • Do not leave your post.
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed.
We need people to help keep the city safe.
Rewards:
Quest Report (5)
Name
: Zombo
Level: 1 (145/200)
Quest: Night Watch
Evaluation:
  • Kept watch for a night at one of the watchtowers
After sleeping in for a bit and wandering around under the sun during the day, Zombo reported to one of the watchtowers for duty. As always, he startled the guard about to finish his shift, who also shakily helped give him a rundown of his duties before running away. After that, the night was calm and peaceful, with only the occasional cricket chirp or owl hooting in the distance. Since his left arm was still missing, he ensured his right arm was always ready to sound the alarm if there was an actual attack.

Fortunately, nothing much happened that night. Apart from an owl landing on his head thinking he was a tree, and that he saw a couple of creatures slinking about in the distance away from the city walls, there was very little that caught his attention as he stared aimlessly at the wilderness. As daylight started appearing over the horizon, a guard came and alleviated him of his duty, after being startled again of course by his monstrous appearance.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I was still feeling quite tired from my last quest, so I thought I'd take it easy for now, and went to look through the reports... However, most of them were appraised already, which was great. I'm glad the guild is getting more people dedicated to helping it out.

Now what is this report about...?
Quest Report (5)
Name
Level: 1 (145/200)
Quest: Night Watch
Evaluation:
  • Kept watch for a night at one of the watchtowers
After sleeping in for a bit and wandering around under the sun during the day, Zombo reported to one of the watchtowers for duty. As always, he startled the guard about to finish his shift, who also shakily helped give him a rundown of his duties before running away. After that, the night was calm and peaceful, with only the occasional cricket chirp or owl hooting in the distance. Since his left arm was still missing, he ensured his right arm was always ready to sound the alarm if there was an actual attack.

Fortunately, nothing much happened that night. Apart from an owl landing on his head thinking he was a tree, and that he saw a couple of creatures slinking about in the distance away from the city walls, there was very little that caught his attention as he stared aimlessly at the wilderness. As daylight started appearing over the horizon, a guard came and alleviated him of his duty, after being startled again of course by his monstrous appearance.
"Well, mister Zombo, I'm glad the night was peaceful. Please make sure to take proper care of yourself in the future.

"I pray that your arm regrows soon, but for now, I suggest you keep doing quests that you are able to clear while suffering from this disability.

"May the gods aid you in your recovery."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 25
Money: 10G

Zoey

Mustachu
> > >
Office Work
Objectives:
  • Spend a day as an office clerk in the Scribel City government.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Have you ever wanted to work for the guild?
Sort files? Process papers? Read quest reports all day?
Be a receptionist? Manage a warehouse?
Wait no longer! The city guild is hiring entry-level workers!
Rewards:
> > >
I decided to some paper work today, or to be more specific I decide to do some mindless file sorting. I'm sure you know how it goes you look over the file mark any mistakes and put it in the correct bin. Basic stuff.
I swear the sun was still up when I started though.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

I decided to some paper work today, or to be more specific I decide to do some mindless file sorting. I'm sure you know how it goes you look over the file mark any mistakes and put it in the correct bin. Basic stuff.
I swear the sun was still up when I started though.
"Well, I suppose I can only thank you for your hard efforts, miss Konaha.

"May the gods grant you their speed when filling paperwork."

Final Reward:
Exp:

OOC: Remember to tag it as appraised~

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
> > >
Cooking Rations
Objectives:
  • Visit the guild kitchens.
  • Cook 40 satisfactory rations.
The guild stockpiles on rations in case of emergency.
Rations are foods that are easily preserved and can store for a long time.
The Adventurer's Guild provides the ingredients, and there is an easy recipe to follow.
One ration is one day's worth of food.
Rewards:
  • Other: 5 items
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Permission to use guild kitchens
> > >

After the first incident with that crotchety old geezer, I did not want to do this quest again. But then I saw that I could use the guild kitchens if I finished it 3 times.

As usual, I got yelled at, but I quickly gathered the ingredients (which I remembered the locations of) and made a dash back to my own small kitchen. It did seem that the old guy remembered me somewhat since I think I heard him yell at me for being that "thief who's stealing them ingredients."

Anyhow, I followed the boring recipe and out came 40 bland rations. As usual, I took a bit more than I needed since I did NOT want to visit that irritable person any more than I needed to.

Attached are the 40 rations.

Last edited:
Healing Herbs
Objectives:
  • Identify healing herbs in the wilderness.
  • Collect 5 small sacks of healings herbs.
  • Do not accidentally harvest the wrong plants.
Many species of healing herbs can be found throughout the world.
A special type of grass with healing properties is known to grow in this area.
The guild would like to stockpile on these herbs for emergencies.
Make sure that you're collecting the right kind of plant though!
We don't want a sack of ordinary grass!
Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G

[Quest Report APPRAISED!!]

Character name: Akasha
Level: 1
Class: Brawler

Quest name: Healing herbs

Quest report

According to the library info in the north of Scrible many healing herb can be collected so I went there.

After hours of walking here & there. As I lost my way quite a few time, I eventually reach the forest where they said the healing herbs can be harvest.

"Oooh so many plants this will be easy" I naively thought.

As I begin to collecting the herbs, a suddenly realization strike me!.... I have no Idea which is the healing herbs among all this plants!!.

Since the guild specially emphasize to definitely dont bring the wrong plant...I got no other choice, as I am out of options.

Either fail the quest or have a staring contest with the grass for an entire day.

So I simply eat each and every kind of grass I see & determined which is poisonous & which is the healing herb.

...I got myself poisoned A LOT so much so to the point I gain [(lesser) poison resistance] skill... I want to cry.

Anyway manage to determine that the ordinary looking grass that have a brighter color than the other is the healing herbs after going through a near death experience of getting myself poisoned, paralysed, Sleep & Mad status all of the same time.

Either way I manage to collect 5 sack of healing herbs!

Signed: Akasha

Last edited:
Reactions: GM

AliceShiki

After the first incident with that crotchety old geezer, I did not want to do this quest again. But then I saw that I could use the guild kitchens if I finished it 3 times.

As usual, I got yelled at, but I quickly gathered the ingredients (which I remembered the locations of) and made a dash back to my own small kitchen. It did seem that the old guy remembered me somewhat since I think I heard him yell at me for being that "thief who's stealing them ingredients."

Anyhow, I followed the boring recipe and out came 40 bland rations. As usual, I took a bit more than I needed since I did NOT want to visit that irritable person any more than I needed to.

Attached are the 40 rations.
"Miss Eustania, please refrain from stealing supplies from the kitchen. Even if you had the intention of cooking them for the quest, you're causing a huge headache for both the cooks and the guards by acting this way.

"I'll have to give you a penalty for the trouble you have caused, please cook in the appropriate place or explain your circumstances the cook before taking the ingredients yourself.

"May the gods improve your communication skills."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 30
Money: 8G
Items: 5 Rations

OOC: Please mark your report as appraised in some way~

AliceShiki

Character name: Akasha
Level: 1
Class: Brawler

Quest name: Healing herbs

Quest report

According to the library info in the north of Scrible many healing herb can be collected so I went there.

After hours of walking here & there. As I lost my way quite a few time, I eventually reach the forest where they said the healing herbs can be harvest.

"Oooh so many plants this will be easy" I naively thought.

As I begin to collecting the herbs, a suddenly realization strike me!.... I have no Idea which is the healing herbs among all this plants!!.

Since the guild specially emphasize to definitely dont bring the wrong plant...I got no other choice, as I am out of options.

Either fail the quest or have a staring contest with the grass for an entire day.

So I simply eat each and every kind of grass I see & determined which is poisonous & which is the healing herb.

...I got myself poisoned A LOT so much so to the point I gain [(lesser) poison resistance] skill... I want to cry.

Anyway manage to determine that the ordinary looking grass that have a brighter color than the other is the healing herbs after going through a near death experience of getting myself poisoned, paralysed, Sleep & Mad status all of the same time.

Either way I manage to collect 5 sack of healing herbs!

Signed: Akasha
"Miss Akasha... Please tell me you do not expect me to congratulate you for a job well done.

"The gods gave you life for a reason, please try to cherish it. If you don't have the appropriate knowledge to clear a given quest, ask. Or do some research in the library, there must certainly be some way to get information other than putting your life on the line to get healing herbs.

"Is this really how you want to be remembered by in the future? To have your tombstone inscribed with 'Rest in Peace Akasha, died to poisonous herbs while trying to get healing herbs for the guild, may her soul rest in peace.' Because that's what will happen if you continue acting with this much recklessness.

"Please take better care of yourself, miss Akasha. The gods are certainly displeased with how little care you have shown to yourself so far. They care a lot for you, the minimum you can do is to care for yourself as well.

"... Take some time to rest, and may the gods grant you their protection, for you certainly need it right now."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 40
Money: 20G

OOC: Please remember to tag your report as appraised in some way~

Feathers95

Office Work
Objectives:
  • Spend a day as an office clerk in the Scribel City government.
Have you ever wanted to work for the guild?
Sort files? Process papers? Read quest reports all day?
Be a receptionist? Manage a warehouse?
Wait no longer! The city guild is hiring entry-level workers!
Rewards:
Quest Report (6)
Name
Level: 1 (170/200)
Quest: Office Work
Evaluation:
  • Organized and processed papers for half a day
To be honest, it was a pretty bad idea to apply for this quest, since it was almost certain that Zombo would at most fulfil half of the work he was tasked to do. The reason being, he needed to stay outside in the sunlight for at least six hours during the day. It was unfortunate, since Zombo vaguely remembering being good at organizing stuff in his past life, and actually preferred being cooped up indoors all day. Well, no matter, he'd do as much as he could during his time at the office.

Which was, fortunately, quite a lot! Ignoring how messy, disorganized and chaotic everything was, he sifted through all the files and paperwork, picking up only the most key points of information, and rapidly began sorting everything. After his tiny desk space in the office was sorted, he used a little vine, dipped it in the ink tray, and began writing down proper documents about all the information he had absorbed, identically copying the format the guild used for its records.

Time passed by swiftly, and before he knew it, his leaves had started drooping and his bark was becoming brittle. Finishing up his latest stack of paperwork, he bowed to his stunned boss before heading outside for the rest of the day to recover himself. Fortunately, his left arm had regrown to his elbow, hopefully, he'll soon be able to do outdoor work again.

Last edited:

SpearOfLies

QUEST REPORT(FILED)

> > >
Cooking Rations
Objectives:
  • Visit the guild kitchens.
  • Cook 40 satisfactory rations.
The guild stockpiles on rations in case of emergency.
Rations are foods that are easily preserved and can store for a long time.
The Adventurer's Guild provides the ingredients, and there is an easy recipe to follow.
One ration is one day's worth of food.
Rewards:
  • Other: 5 items
    • Permission to use guild kitchens
> > >
For his first job, Sol decided to do some cooking. Some of his tricks require food-related objects to be made. Egg's shells were the most used ones. By pouring flour into it, he basically made a mini smoke bomb. But flour was just one of many things that he can pour into it. The key part was eggs were easy to carry, easy to throws, easy to break, and easy to trick your opponent with it. But it would be waste if he didn't eat the eggs before prepare to use the shells. So the permission to use the guild kitchens was too good for him to miss out. He will return later on to complete it two more times.

Sol was someone who lived on a mountain for 5 years with his master. He learned to cook many things in order to survive. His master only bothers to teach him how to prepare rations after he managed to prepare something "edible" on his own when he was 11 years old. The only thing related to cooking he did before in the orphanage was helping to prepare ingredients. It took him a year of tries, errors, and hunger to reach an edible level. (his master did give him some food in secret).

Anyway returning to the current time, it was very easy for him to prepare rations. It was mostly tedious repetitive long preparation. You need to be a fool to mess it up. The most important part was no water or any other liquids or the food was going to spoil in a few days.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Quest Report (6)
Name
Level: 1 (170/200)
Quest: Office Work
Evaluation:
  • Organized and processed papers for half a day
To be honest, it was a pretty bad idea to apply for this quest, since it was almost certain that Zombo would at most fulfil half of the work he was tasked to do. The reason being, he needed to stay outside in the sunlight for at least six hours during the day. It was unfortunate, since Zombo vaguely remembering being good at organizing stuff in his past life, and actually preferred being cooped up indoors all day. Well, no matter, he'd do as much as he could during his time at the office.

Which was, fortunately, quite a lot! Ignoring how messy, disorganized and chaotic everything was, he sifted through all the files and paperwork, picking up only the most key points of information, and rapidly began sorting everything. After his tiny desk space in the office was sorted, he used a little vine, dipped it in the ink tray, and began writing down proper documents about all the information he had absorbed, identically copying the format the guild used for its records.

Time passed by swiftly, and before he knew it, his leaves had started drooping and his bark was becoming brittle. Finishing up his latest stack of paperwork, he bowed to his stunned boss before heading outside for the rest of the day to recover himself. Fortunately, his left arm had regrown to his elbow, hopefully, he'll soon be able to do outdoor work again.
"That was quite the impressive amount of work, mister Zombo.

"It seems that even though you did not work full time, your boss at the government was pleased enough by your work speed that he requested you received full payment regardless.

"Excellent work out there, may the gods keep leading you to opportunities to exercise your talents."

Final Rewards:
Exp
: 25

AliceShiki

QUEST REPORT

For his first job, Sol decided to do some cooking. Some of his tricks require food-related objects to be made. Egg's shells were the most used ones. By pouring flour into it, he basically made a mini smoke bomb. But flour was just one of many things that he can pour into it. The key part was eggs were easy to carry, easy to throws, easy to break, and easy to trick your opponent with it. But it would be waste if he didn't eat the eggs before prepare to use the shells. So the permission to use the guild kitchens was too good for him to miss out. He will return later on to complete it two more times.

Sol was someone who lived on a mountain for 5 years with his master. He learned to cook many things in order to survive. His master only bothers to teach him how to prepare rations after he managed to prepare something "edible" on his own when he was 11 years old. The only thing related to cooking he did before in the orphanage was helping to prepare ingredients. It took him a year of tries, errors, and hunger to reach an edible level. (his master did give him some food in secret).

Anyway returning to the current time, it was very easy for him to prepare rations. It was mostly tedious repetitive long preparation. You need to be a fool to mess it up. The most important part was no water or any other liquids or the food was going to spoil in a few days.
"It's a good thing you already knew how to cook the rations so you did not have to spend much time learning.

"Just make sure to not fill the town with the stench of eggs, alright? It would be troublesome in multiple ways if you did that.

"Keep up the good job, mister Sol. May the gods lead you through a clean path."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 40
Items: 5 rations

Epsil

> > >
Blacksmith's Apprentice
  • Sponsor: Smithing Guild
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Visit the Smithing Guild forges.
  • Bring a load of firewood as payment.
  • Assist the blacksmith with his/her craft.
The Smithing Guild is looking for dedicated students interested in smithing.
Blacksmithing is an intensive process that requires many assistants.
Bring a load of firewood, and you will make charcoal and operate the bellows.
Over time, we will teach you to swing a hammer and be a blacksmith's striker.
If you can't stand the heat — get out! — and stop wasting our time.
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
    • Permission to use Smithing Guild forges
> > >
Blacksmithing is hard ,but it does pay off. As I was already going to the blacksmith, I decided to take this quest. I got my logs and was prepared to make charcoal but I was quickly whisked away and put to proper blacksmithing work. It turns out the head blacksmith had been keeping an eye on me. I was put to work like a dog. I made weapon after weapon: Spear, Sword, Dagger, Axe, Dagger, Hammer. It was very tiring. He was impressed by the quality of the work. "It's even better than some of your seniors." is what he said. Of course it would be. My Dad taught me everything about blacksmithing. I was put through hell for 11 years. While he kept admiring my work, I started and finished the giant weaponised pestle. "I wonder what it's called" I thought to myself. After I finished engraving the name 'Vicious' and getting my form stamped, I quickly left.

Thanks for your hard work. I think the weapon is some kind of 'bat' but in my world, it was for sports though.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Missing Children
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Check the "Missing Persons" list at the guild.
  • Search for and locate a missing child.
  • If alive, rescue and reunite them with their family.
The streets of Scribel aren't always the safest place.
Children are known to go missing without notice.
What happened to them? Did they get lost? Abducted? Attacked by a monster?
The parents demand that a search party be formed.
Rewards:
  • Money: 30 G
When I left the guild's building today, I had no intentions of doing any quest. I was tired and my body was still in pain from wounds caused by the ropes. I just wanted to rest.

Moreover, I wasn't able to properly heal myself anymore. I prayed so many times for The Goddess in this last week, asking for guidance, for her blessings, for a way to move on when I'm like... This. And yet, barely anything came out of it. Her will was no longer aligning with mine.

Is this because of the demon? Or is it because I doubted her teachings? Because I was afraid that the path she chose for me might not be the best one...?

I didn't know, all I knew was that I was in pain, and extremely tired, my body felt very heavy and in need of rest... I considered visiting the temple and asking for aid, but Goddess knows what will happen if someone like me were to enter a temple right now... It was laughable, I avoided the temple because I couldn't bear to work in a holy place that did not worship The Goddess, and because of that I'm not unable to even enter said to place to ask for aid.

Nonetheless, I carried on. The Goddess gave me this life for some reason... I just needed to find out what it was. Whatever trials were in front of me, I had to find a way to overcome them.

But not for now, for now I just needed to rest... To close my eyes and relax while I let my body slowly recover.

Or at least, that was my original intent, but while I walked, my head started aching heavily, and I felt as if my eyes were burning... And yet, I was unable to close them... No, not just that, I was unable to stop moving, my body was walking through the streets against my will... Stop, in The Goddess name, stop!

It kept moving, it felt... Happy, fulfilled... I see... I'm scared. I'm scared of what the demon will do while controlling my body, and he is feeding on this fear while he moves me.

... How can I stop feeling fear though? How can I stop being scared of the things that scare me? It doesn't seem like something doable... I prayed to The Goddess to give me the strength to stop him.

We did not walk for long. We eventually found a small alley with a sat down child crying in it. I could see a dark aura coming out of the child's body... At first I was scared that they were also possessed by a demon, but this fear was quickly dissipated, what surrounded the child felt very... Natural. Something that I have known for my entire life, something I sought throughout my entire life.

... No, not I. Those are the Demon's feelings. This child is scared, the demon was attracted to the child's fear... What will he do to them? Please stop this, the child did nothing wrong.

One step. The demon moved my body towards the child leisurely, he seemed to be enjoying this.
Another step, he definitely felt how scared I was of what he was doing, and I could feel how he enjoyed every moment of it.
One more, we were getting closer to the child, the dark aura surrounding them was almost touching us.

We entered the aura's radius. The demon opened my mouth and it started sucking the child's fear inside ourselves. He was feeding on it, just like it fed on mine... If I don't do something now, he'll do something to the child in order to get more fear our of them.

He stepped forward again. The child shivered, it seems they finally realized we were here. But right now the child was only looking downwards, so they couldn't see our face... The demon smiled, eager to enjoy its next meal.

The child slowly looked up, and for a brief moment, I could see it... Hope. A faint hope in the child's face, they saw my priest robes and realized what I was, they hoped I'd be able to help them.

I will not allow that hope to be misplaced. I calmed down, and turned my smile from the devilish smile that was about to eat its next pray, to a gentle smile and talked to the child, I asked them, "Excuse me, could you tell me your name?"

They hesitated for a bit, but they seemed to be a bit calmer now than they were before as well, so they were able to reply properly, "R-Roy." A boy then? It was hard to be sure in this dark alley.

I asked him another question, "What are you doing in here, Roy?"

He started crying again, "I-I lost my parents..." Poor child...

I gently caressed his head, "Well, why don't we look for them together?" I said and then offered him my hand. He hesitated a bit, but held it, so we left the alley.

We walked out and started searching. Apparently his parents were traveling merchants that had arrived in Scribel three days ago, and while they were searching for a place to stay, they ended up getting separated in the middle of the marketplace, so the boy stayed alone during those past days, hoping his parents would find him.

Since neither of us knew what inn his parents could be in, I took him to the guild and asked if he matched the description of any of the children in the missing children quest. Luckily enough, he did, so we could obtain the name of the inn his parents were staying at, and so I brought him there, much to the child's and parents' relief.

And with this out of the way, I walked back to my inn to rest, feeling even more tired than before, and falling asleep as soon as I laid down on my bed.
  • Nene's powers have been weakened ever since the Demon entered her body.
  • As Nene pondered over why exactly this happened, she started fearing for her future. The Demon made use of this opportunity to take over her body.
  • When being controlled, Nene can share some of the feelings of the Demon, and can sense and "see" fear to a certain extent.
  • The Demon found a missing child by moving towards a place filled with fear, and ate the child's fear for nourishment.
  • Nene got her body back in control when her will to help the child overcame her fear.
  • Got the missing child back to his parents.
  • Nene felt even more tired than usual by the time she got back on bed, taking control of her body away from the demon is possibly very strenuous.

Last edited:

Moshi

The Glowy Rocks under the River. (Updated)
Sponsor
: Alex the Curious Merchant
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Discovered any Mana Glowstone's mineral vein under the riverbed. (A part of the surface-level vein has been discovered)​
  • Minor Objective: Research Mana Glowstone usage.​
  • Read this report.​
  • Mined and collected 1 big standard bag worth of Mana Glowstone.​
Library Source

Description:
An adventure named Ryzen discovered several glowy stones containing mana inside it. Please find the mineral vein under the riverbed or trace the source of the Mana Glowstone. If you find any useful usage of these minerals, feel free to report it. I will prepare the finest weapon for a level 1 adventurer.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 105
  • Money: 50G
  • Item: One metal weapon of your choosing (Completed the Minor Objective to obtain this reward.)
  • Item: A mini portable mana battery. (Filled it with a Mana Glowstone to efficiently absorb the mana containing inside it.)

Quest Report | Nyx (level 2, 225/600)
-------------------------------------------

I went to the river that contained the glowstones and peered into the water. Although the attributes of the mana stones were slightly different from what I was used to, probably because it's a different world, they were still recognizably mana stones.

I'm not sure what's so exciting about it though; the mana stones there are pretty low quality - only about 20% to 30% grade. Well, it is the only source available, so I guess you guys have to make do.

To mine the stones out, I created a couple golems. Since I didn't have any high grade stones, I had to make do with directly controlling them.

It was slow to take only the mana stone, so I just mined out a whole chunk of the riverbed and sorted it later. It's probably fine.

The quest never specified the quality of the glowstone, but since it was a low grade vein, I assumed they just needed a bag of low grade mana stone. Honestly, you guys are overpaying me for this stuff, but I guess it's the law of supply and demand.

After storing the sack of mana stone in my item ring, I headed back to report.
-------------------------------------------
OOC: "I will prepare the finest weapon for a level 1 adventurer." Requires: level 2

XD