Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Bochi

Title: Background check
Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 10
Objectives: Find the history of Fuyu Machi and report it to the guild.
Description: Find out the history of Fuyu Machi. We have no idea what they have done or are capable of. Dig into this without getting too much attention.
Rewards:
EXP:
Money: 50
'Un. This one's from a while back, so I might have forgotten some details, but I remember the gist of it. I'd best start on writing the rest down before I forget them all, so here I go.

According to Sora, the mountain had always been there. The founder of the city in the clouds above, Yato if I'm not wrong, was an escaped beastman slave seeking sanctuary from his captors who were in pursuit. Sources state that the almost-captured slave had encountered their future patron in the form of 'some kind of majestic animal'. No actual sources from that time period have been recorded down, or perhaps it's just material that's off-limits to strangers, but the miko personally believes it was a golden eight-clawed oriental dragon. Me, I don't really care. Whatever form the patron god takes, so long as we don't have to fight, I'm good.

Anyway, from what little archive diving I managed to do, the two seemed to have struck up and formed a contract of some sorts (once again, I have not been able to discover the true nature of this contract from the archives), and from then on the mountain has been a haven for beastmen, or so they say. Eventually word got around about this place, and all manner of beastmen flocked to it, creating a rudimentary village in the mountains. There were attempts by outsiders to claim the mountain and the beastmen for their own purposes, but whatever this patron deity was, he must have been a really powerful fellow, because according to the books here 'he struck down all and any that approached with dubious intent'. Very dramatic.

After that, well, more and more beastmen gathered under the mountain's protection, and the village expanded, slowly becoming a town, then a city. Sometime after it had established itself as a town, a group travelled to the mountain foot in order to facilitate food gathering and harvesting, and that little settlement followed suit, growing into the city that it is today. Of course, I believe there was an incident with the oni a while back that saw the mountain city burning to nothing, but they've rebuilt it as always, trusting in the land as always. It's a mountain and a forest, yet the inhabitants have access to most of life's simple needs---foods, water, shelter. Can't say I'm not envious of this little kingdom that's going here.

And---this was from before the whole place just up and appeared in the world, but I've read that the miko from three generations back could bring forth a rainstorm. This part was found in a storybook so some of it might be embellished, but I'm not too sure. I can feel a lot of pride from the archived works, and I don't think there's any actual lie in the books per se---exaggerated truths, maybe, but I get the feeling that a lot of work went into making these archives as historically accurate as possible, so I'm willing to bet that at some point, one of their mikos might have been able to control the weather.

Then again, this is a new world and their patron's influence isn't there like it used to be, so I won't be surprised if their old rituals don't work anymore. The current them have most definitely weakened compared to the past, but I will not imprudently guess at exactly how much.

By the way, it seems that Yato wasn't always named Yato. I've asked Sora about it, but it seems that the new name came from an old beastmen who's long passed. According to her, that oni incident from long ago had been devastating to their hearts---so much that they renamed the rebuilt city 'Stopped Night'.

- Ellania

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Report - Appraised
Character: Solet' Luna
Tag: Explosion, Abandoned Distinct, Medisus, Viper, Snake, Humanoid Snake, Stainer, Hydralisk, Town Hall, Tunnel
---
Rank D Promotion Exam [GH1001]

Sponsor
Adventurer's Guild
The Abandoned District (Gelderholm Lower Levels)
Objectives
  • Prerequisite: Joint Military Exercises
  • Join a party of 32 warriors and fight your way to the Abandoned District.
  • Manually detonate the bomb to seal your party inside the cavern.
  • Fight an endless stream of enemies for 8 - 24 hours.
  • Prioritize killing any tunneling monsters that can dig through the rockslide.
  • Survive until the very end.
  • (Note: Optional Party Quest)
Description
I'm going to ask something of you that you might think is insane.

The snakes have overrun our last line of defenses in the tunnels, and they are spilling into the Abandoned District by the hundreds. If the Hydra's minions get any further than this point, it will be open warfare on in the upper levels of Gelderholm. It will be utter chaos and bloodshed. We cannot afford to lose this cavern, and we must make a final stand here.

Sealing the exit might be our conventional strategy, but there is no external access point for our sappers to plant a bomb. Furthermore, the enemy has scores of tunneling worms with them, and they will dig through any unguarded rockslide with ease.

However, there is still one opportunity. If a team of warriors fought their way into the Abandoned District and detonated a bomb manually, you might be able to seal yourself inside the district along with those snakes. This will buy us precious time for our engineers to locate the original breach point and cut off their reinforcements. You will need to prioritize slaying any tunneling monsters so they do not dig through the rubble.

...For how long...? Well... optimistically... eight hours. Pessimistically, twenty-four. Survive the continuous onslaught, and our engineers will search for the breach point. I'm truly sorry if I can't give anything more concrete. Please last as long as you can.

—What? You think this is a suicide mission? You're not wrong. I'm not going to sugarcoat it. Most of you will die. But you're also our strongest and bravest, and if you don't draw your weapons now — who else will?

I'll promote you all to Rank D if you survive, but I can't offer any other reassuring news. I am sorry. I truly am.
Reward
EXP:
Money:
50 G
Items:
Rank D Certificate
---
Prologue

Despite participating in Slime Horde, it was not enough. So, I have decided to take part in the D-ranked exam of Gelderholm, for it offered more death than the Slime Horde, and it also helped me vented my pent-up emotions. Killing lizards and snakes was one of the best ways to relieve my stress, other than reminiscing about the past.

The Beginning

To my surprise, there were more than 32 warriors who wished to fight in this suicide mission. However, after my inquiring, I found that most of them were weak soldiers and healers, with only 32 strong men who would act as the leaders of the operations, I included.

"Solet! So you really come here, huh?" A voice echoed behind me, and so I turned to face him. Before I stood Medisus, his voice jaded, and but his face smiled. He somehow knew that I would be coming to participate in the D-ranked exam and secretly assigned himself here to be with me.

"... You don't need to come here. The mortality rate is high, and with your ability, you cannot guarantee your safety." I told him my honest thought, attempting to pursue him, despite knowing that it was impossible.

"Aren't we comrades? Then you should know that wherever you are, I'll be there." Medisus turned solemn as he recited a phase from his Knight Code. He was a man of his words, and if he said so, then he'll follow through it.

After chatting for a little while, we finally started moving as the last strong men arrived. Our journey towards death had begun.

First Hour

A detonation resounded as the tunnel came collapsing onto itself, trapping the group of deadmen inside. Shouting and screaming echoed the whole tunnel as the soldiers spilt into groups among themselves, after all, they only needed a small group of coordinated people to fend against the snakes, and not one disorganized army.

Likewise, I went with Medisus, becoming one of the lone pair. Although we were merely two people, with Medisus' powerful Knight capability and my magic, we could take it easy, if nothing unexpected happened.

Soon, the first wave arrived, and countless snakes filled our views. Although they were merely ordinary snakes, their number was a thing to be feared. If any of them bit us, we would no doubt die a painful death.

All it took was merely one accident.

Second Hour

Dead were three strong men, and the groups started to become exhausted by the unending amounts of snakes. Not only that, but with the appearance of Humanoid Snakes, the army of snakes became organized and uniform, moving in a fast, aggressive rhythm that gave us no breathing space.

The ground had already become bloody from both green, purple, red blood of everything that had ever stepped their foot into the tunnel. The situation was going downhill, but it was still in an acceptable range.

Until, another explosion resounded, and the great ceiling of the tunnel collapsed once again, killing many of our soldiers at once. Something had happened, and things took a turn to the south as Vipers slowly emerged from the darkness. It was surprising to see flying snakes here in a tunnel.

Fifth Hour

Half of the strong men had already fallen, and the Stainers had already entered the battle. Now, with only one medical officer left, we had conjured a plan to broke through the encirclement of the snakes and fled to the centre of the district. If we could occupy the town hall, then we could activate the secret chamber in there and used the base as a strategic point.

Through our suicidal assault, we managed to break apart their formation and fled deep into the district. However, during the retreating phase, we lost 5 more strong men, and only 11 remained.f We bunkered up the town hall and fought against the Vipers, killing everything that moved, and doing everything to survive.

Seventh Hour

Less than a fifth of us remained as one Stainer managed to sneak past our line of defence and wreaked havoc to us. It took down three of our strong men and a couple of our soldiers. The Vipers had already occupied the upper floor, and we had decided to retreat back to the ground floor and into the underground passage, or maze, to be exact.

As we walked along the passageway, another detonation resounded as all our remaining bombs and explosions erupted at the same time, blowing up the entire town hall, as well as the area surrounding it. Thankfully, our prediction was accurate, and the tunnel did not collapse from the stress.

Ninth Hour

The Stainer had killed our last medical officer, and contaminated most of our food supply. Without any medical officer, the wounded would be left to their cruel fate, and only a hand full of people alive could do some basic treating.

Unfortunately, as we were resting, a creaking noise resounded as the ceiling gave in to the pressure, crumbling down and revealed the ground level to us. In merely a moment, the snakes finally came flooding into the maze, prompting us to start moving again. However, with the injured and the wounded disabled, we were forced to stand guard and help them survive.

It was during this moment that Medisus lost his hand trying to save one of the strong men. In the end, I dragged him away from the smiling strong man that suicided himself into the horde of Vipers to allow us breathing gap to escape and sealed the pathway.

Thirteenth Hour

We had separated into groups of two to four and escaped in various tunnels between the maze. As long as more than three groups of us could reach the weakest points in the map, we could detonate more explosion and collapsed the entire district, and if we succeeded, then all the snakes inside here would be buried under the corpse of our city.

I, with Medisus on my back, moved alone in the darkness. Although the wound had already stopped bleeding, his green face indicated that he was poisoned. It was a strong anti-magic poison of the Stainer, and if I used any healing art on him, the poison would explode inside his bloodstream and kill him.

Eighteenth Hour

My vision was blurry, and my legs had already gone numb. If not for my special elemental body, I would have collapsed from exhaustion. In the rubble somewhere, I've hidden Medisus from all the snakes, and if everything went well, hopefully, someone would get him out for me. As for my journey, I had already installed the explosion, and it would explode when the three signals resounded.

I was fleeing from the army Humanoid Snakes and Vipers, and if not for the grand explosion, I would have been devoured by them.

Nineteenth Hour

A Hydralisk appeared before me; It remained still as the Humanoid Snakes surrounded me. With its cry, the Humanoid Snakes laughed in its snake-like hiss and jumped towards me—
??? Hour

It was warm. It was sweet. Tonight, the sleep was calming and silent. Tomorrow, the day would be a new day, a new life, a new me.

Epilogue

"What do you mean?! Solet isn't there with me— Impossible! She was the one who carried me when I fainted!" Medisus roared as he punched the wall with his hand, not caring about the pain. His force created a minor depression on the wooden wall, causing the medical officer to quiet down.

"Comrade Medisus; We're sorry... If it makes you happier, then take this; It's her lost reported, detailing her journey from the first hour to the nineteenth hour before it got torn apart." The officer handed a small, bloodstained notebook to Medisus, which he snapped at and opened to read.

A picture slowly formed in his mind; A puddle of crimson blood, radiating a tranquil fragrance as the Hydralisk feasted on a lifeless body. However, no matter how he pictured it, that calm, smiling face remained fearless, with a trace of acceptance... It was as if he knew that she would accept it with an open arm.

"In the end... Shit— Fuck—!" A teardrop manifested as Medisus looked around the medical room, hoping to see the hallucination of his mistakes. Even though he had never liked seeing their dead, lifeless face, he wished to see that beautiful face one more time— However, no matter how he tried, none of the mistakes he made had come to him anymore.

"... I've moved on, huh?" Even though he was supposed to feel happy, he felt like he had become empty inside...

"Wait, what are you doing?" The medical officer screamed as he saw Medisus tried to get out of the bed. He should not be able to walk for an entire week with that amount of poison and injury on his body.

"... I'll hand this report myself." In the end, with the help of the medical officers, Medisus handed over the bloodstained, grief-filled report to the receptionist. On the last page, a single teardrop remained embedded on it, like a memory, like a scar, forever there, to remind him of the past he had moved on.
OOC: Please read Report first before reading Not Report to clear up some confusion!

Last edited:

Quaesitor

APPRAISED
> > >
Defense of Blackpine Slopes [GH0703]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 7
Objectives:
  • Rally with your allies at Blackpine Slopes.
  • Defend against the onslaught of giant poisonous snakes.
  • Prevent as few snakes as possible from slipping past the line.
Alarm! Alarm! Attack from the lakeside!Our forward group will take the high ground at Blackpine Slopes.Hold those those snakes at the foothills before the city!Damn, I hate those giant vipers and their poisonous veins.We kill Bloodbane Vipers by the scores and spill their blood...Yet any ground that their black ooze touches is tainted. Rewards:
  • Money: 30 G / person
  • Other: n/a
> > >
While I defended the wall yesterday, today it's time to sally out and defend the, uh, "Blackpine Slopes". I rush out with a group of soldiers, and gather with reinforcements from all over the place at the "Blackpine Slopes", establishing a defensive line. Even while we take the defensive line, the snakes emerge from the lake, rushing towards us in a disorderly fashion.

Those with ranged weapons fire a few volleys at them - including me with my sling, though it's not too effective - before we get ready to fight them in close combat. Then we charge down the hill, crushing the first few lines on the snakes with our counter charge. The snakes meet out charge directly from the front, and we start grinding them down slowly, never breaking our line.

A Zornhau here, a stab there, we continuously use our superior range granted by our weapons to hold the snakes at bay before I am ushered back into another group while the defenders at the front create a phalanx, skewering snake after snake on their spears. Meanwhile, I circle around the side with the new group, crushing into the snakes from the side and sandwiching them between both groups, easily eradicating the simple-minded snakes that take too long to realize that we were flanking them.

Then we merge with the phalanx again, ready to keep fighting - when another wave of snakes arrives. This time, it has one of those rumored humanoid snakes with them. In our following volleys, a decent amount of the ranged attacks are aimed at the humanoid snake, dealing it a few wounds - one bolt that pierces its weapon arm comes to my attention in particular. This time, the phalanx takes the center while the others spread out to the right and left, creating a bowl-shaped formation which catches all the snakes within it. Fighting while in formation is quite different from what I usually do, but thanks to the daily training I receive here, I manage to pull it off.

As the snakes fall, the humanoid snake suddenly charges at our right flank - the place I am in. As the snakes are essentially already defeated here, I step forward to face the humanoid snake. My allies are confused and somewhat frightened, but I assure them that I will be fine. If I wasn't certain I'd win, I wouldn't fight it. Quick observation has shown me that this creature here prefers to do strong attacks from above - which I just so happen to have a few techniques against. I take the Ox Guard.

As expected, it does a strong overhead swing. Overly telegraphed and weakened from the injuries it already has - seems like it has never had any combat training. As it attack comes in, I perform a Twerchhau while stepping to the side, my sword circling around and pushing its weapon slightly away from me as my blade cuts into its skull. The strong impact of its weapon on my weapon's guard only pushes the blade deeper in, ending the miserable things life as its weapon drops down to the floor a safe distance away from my body.

Then we gather again, ready to meet the next attack - when the cavalry arrives. A troop of defenders with repeating crossbows mounted on horses I heard they bought from somewhere. They easily outrun the snakes, their bolts whittling down the snakes before they arrive at us. The cavalry passes by our side before we create the bowl-shaped formation again, the phalanx receiving the snakes and the flanks crushing them from the sides, easily eradicating what's left of the snakes. We even enough time to recover some stamina between the snake's waves at this point.

This repeats a few times until the snakes finally stop attacking, and we only had minimal losses. Satisfied, I return to the guild and hand in my report.

Last edited:

Euka

Client Quest - Appraised
Obtain Gardening Tools
Sponsor:
Nene
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Obtain simple gardening tools that can be used by those that don't have much experience with gardening in general.
  • Donate them to the orphanage.
Description: The orphanage is in constant need of food donations in order to feed the children. Getting some tools to make a small plantation in its free area could help alleviate the issue, even if there is clearly not enough space to plant enough to feed them all.
Rewards:
  • Exp: 50
  • Money: 20G
Out of all the clients that I would have in the future, the first one was a watery feminine figure that ordered farming tools to be donated at an orphanage. I haven’t even opened up shop yet I already have a client, oh well it should a good start for business.

The requirements were a hoe, sickle, and a watering can. First two are easy enough with sand casting, but the can might be tricky. I’ll have divide it into pieces and slowly shape them into desired pieces. I set up my work at the guild forgery and started melting the iron ores I got from Gelderholm.

+++++​

Roughly two days have passed since I started working on the farming tools. The hoe and sickle had long since been completed and tempered the sickle for some extra sharpness. The watering can however took me a great deal of time, the making of parts wasn’t the problem but rather assembling it and shaping the container. It took a while but I managed to form a good cylindrical shape for the body.

With all tools assembled I head over to the guild and file a quest report for my client. Once that was done, I head back to grab the farm tools and head over to the orphanage to donate them.

Greetings to you Guild

I have come on behalf of a client regarding this. All requested farm tools had been forged and donated to the orphanage as instructed. Please relinquish all rewards to said client if he/she ever comes for notice of said quest.

At service to you, Lancer Reival.

[Farm hoe(Good) delivered to orphanage]
[Sickle(Good)(Tempered) delivered to orphanage]
[Watering can(Good) delivered to orphanage]

OOC: @AliceShiki When evaluating the quest please tag @Himekawa

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
> > >

Repairing Damage [SC0108]
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Visit your boss in the engineering department.
  • Spend a day repairing damaged structures.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
With all the monster attacks and bad weather we get every week...
It's surprising that the city hasn't fallen down yet.
The engineering department gets work orders from all over the Scribel Region.
Pothole in the sewers? Goblins burned downed your barn?
Rock slide on the road? If it's broken, we come fix it!
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
> > >

The slime horde that came was a sad affair. With so many people permanently disabled, when so many people lost their home, the whole city was in mourning. One by one, the adventurers started to pick up the pieces, the rubble caused by the destroyed structure. She passed them. Her task for today was to help the rebuilding of southern wall.

It was menial work, sure. But, at least there would be another buffer if something like slime horde came again. Watery placed the stone inside of the plaster that had not dried, then she trimmed the edges. She redid that again and again, until her section was done. One by one, each hole in the wall was plugged, with the joint effort of the adventurers and the guards.

After she was done with her section, she was assigned to the other places, another section of the wall. With that, she began carrying her spades, basin, stones, plasters from the storage. She then continued her task of repairing the wall.

When afternoon came, the supervisor okayed them all to rest. The supervisor then gave her and the others a slip of paper for the proof of that day's work. With that, she returned to the guild.
Silent, Domenas read the report and noted down something before stamping it.

Rewards: 50 EXP, 10 G

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
> > >
Hunting Mission [SC0205]
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Hunt some medium-large game.
  • Bring it back to the guild.
  • Meat must be edible and fresh.
The chef at the guild wants some ingredients re-stocked!
Of course there needs to be meat! Meat!! Meat!!!!
Bring us some meat!
Rewards:
  • Money: 13 G
  • Other: 5 jerky
> > >

Report Status: Not Appraised

Niror after her experience at the tavern she needs to get her mind off of things. She really wants to hunt, so she’s going to. This going to be a hard hunt due to the fact she doesn’t have a bow or any long-range weapons for her to hit any medium game in the area. The blood most of done something to her nevertheless she thought as she traveled through the northern forest quietly, looking for any tracks of animals.

It took her quite some time before finding tracks, then an hour to find the said animal that left the tracks. Luck was on her side this time, a large group of deer was in a small field as well as horned rabbits - she won’t be messing with them. But their horns do look interesting in themselves.

She crouched herself down, quietly creeping closer to the group readying her claws as she got closer. Freezing a certain point as she got as close as she could to the group without being spotted, she readied herself before launching forward trying to bite or claw the neck of one of the many in the group

Manging to claw the neck of one I switched my target to only that animal, trying to push my claws deeper into the skin to kill the animal efficiently as possible. After playing ‘tag’ with the animal it finally fell onto its side dying where it laid, staining the grass with red. Now the long road back to the guild of dragging this deer behind her.

She got back to the guild in record timing, the deer’s meat luckily still be fresh - with little to no blood dripping out of it. There probably were wolves following her trail - but at least she was safe. Setting the body to the side before handing the quest in, as well motioning to the deer before she went to the side to sit sighing. Her arms were slightly sore of dragging that fat animal all the way here.
"Young Miss, you shouldn't be dragging your trophy around." Domenas spoke as he stamped down onto the report.

Rewards: 80 EXP, 13 G, 5 Jerky

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
At the dock of Spiral reef, I approached a group of pirate randomly that got a ship with 3 masts. The crews were looking at me suspiciously. They were armed with swords or axes.

“I’m Tokai. I want to join your pirate group. “

“Captain Kingsley. Why do you want to join us? You look like you can take care of yourself.”

I couldn’t make a reason why I want to join an outlaw group. So I only said what comes out of my mind when I think of the sea. “I want to go fishing.” Silence dominated the area for several seconds before everyone started snicker in the back.

“Pfff- Buhaahaha! What an amusing guy. Get on board. Oi, Fuckers! A new recruit! We’re sailing to the place!”

“Loot at this” Kingsley tossed a paper scroll to me. On the paper, there was a set of rules written on it.

“A pirate code. Pirates here don’t believe in those rules that some drunkard wrote up. They have their own rules, we have ours. There is only one rule on this ship. Survive. We don’t have to trust each other and we won’t punish betrayal because that traitor will be the one who lives on while we die. Spoils. Rum. We can’t keep them if we cannot keep our life. It’s doesn’t matter if you run or fight as long as you survive. In the end, the one that can struggle the longest will life. Not always the strong.” He walked to the starboard and pointed his finger towards the east.

“Do you see the island? If you can go to that place then you’ve proved that you can survive in this hellhole. And I just said...we don’t trust each other.” He drew his sword to cut my neck. I ducked and attempted to counter him with a kick. But Kingsley was faster. He dropped his sword and caught my leg.

“Nice reflex. But not enough!” He pulled out some kind of weapon I saw around the town, it had a short tube stick to a bent handle. Then a light emitted from a barrel and blinded me. I was felt that one of my horn was grabbed and then I realised that I was thrown into the water.

“Fucking sonovabitch!”

“See ya later, Tokai. Have fun swimming. Hahahaa!” The wind hit the sails and the ship moved forward to the island.

After swimming in slightly rough waves for 1 hour, I finally arrive at the island. Kingsley was chilling on the hammock drinking coconut. He seems surprised to see me.

“Pretty fast. I believe you make a new record. I was expecting to see you after 4 hours. There is stuff for you in the cabin.”

“Hm? I believe that you believe in survival of the fittest.”

“Yes. But that doesn’t mean that we don’t look after each other. Now go change!”

I entered the log cabin or should I say storehouse. There were dried clothes prepared and gears, I think there are from sailor or military looking from the appearance. I picked a grey shirt, dark blue jacket and black pants for myself.

“Where your horns at? You lost it?” He smirked

“I cut them. They get in the way.” Kingsley stood up and aimed the weapon at the sky and shot. The loud sound from the weapon stopped the chatting between the crews. They paused and looked at their commander.

“We, The Ratel pirates welcome Tokai. From now, He will be joining our rank...as a chef!”

“Wha-”

“Lads! Let’s feast!”

“AYE!!”
Noting down the existence of Pirates, Domenas placed the rewards into the letter and burnt it.

Rewards: 200 EXP, 15 G, Pirate Tattoo

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
'The stink and the claustrophobia aside, this place isn't so bad after all. I probably will finish my D-ranked test here as well, troublesome as it is. Maa, what can't be helped can't be helped. Let's see what we have here. Probably would be prudent to apply some mud and disguise myself, but ewww. I'll just go the long way around.

Anyways, from the look of things, I'd say none of them have spotted me yet. I did want to fly, but the trees aren't thick enough to hide a flying girl. But going on foot should be fine so long as I keep to the edge of the lake...yeah right. I'm bloody lost. I'll just start marking the trees that I've passed by so that I know the way I should go when returning. Alright, let's see here...

Oh, ewww….that's totally disgusting. Oh my---yuck! Why in blazes is it eating the dead snakes? That's totally not cool, yo! Ugh, grotesque...what's he doing now? Covering the place with some kind of...poison? I can sniff the smell of acid even from this distance...ugh. And now it's nine heads are playing with some sort of box and tossing it about mid-air with their noses---oh, the box just flew open and some kind of golden liquid spilled all over it.

...Wait up. I think I'm probably tripping, but the hydra just grew another two more heads whilst I was looking on. One two three four five six seven eight nine ten...eleven. Yeah, it has two more heads now. It also threw the box away, like a toddler who's bored of his new toy, and now it seems pretty pissed off for some reason. Wait, could it be that the liquid was precious to it, and now the liquid's gone, it's of no more use to it? Someone more well-versed in magic might be able to shed more light on the matter, not that I care. It's about time for me to head out anyway---haha---because I dinnae wanna stick around to see what happens next. So, adios. Back to the dwarven city we go.

I dunno who's gonna slay this big fella, but it definitely ain't gonna be me. No way, no how. My name's not Apollo.'

--- Ellania.
Noting down the detail regarding the Hydra, Domenas stamped the report and handed out the rewards.

Rewards: 325 EXP, 40 G

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
'Un. This one's from a while back, so I might have forgotten some details, but I remember the gist of it. I'd best start on writing the rest down before I forget them all, so here I go.

According to Sora, the mountain had always been there. The founder of the city in the clouds above, Yato if I'm not wrong, was an escaped beastman slave seeking sanctuary from his captors who were in pursuit. Sources state that the almost-captured slave had encountered their future patron in the form of 'some kind of majestic animal'. No actual sources from that time period have been recorded down, or perhaps it's just material that's off-limits to strangers, but the miko personally believes it was a golden eight-clawed oriental dragon. Me, I don't really care. Whatever form the patron god takes, so long as we don't have to fight, I'm good.

Anyway, from what little archive diving I managed to do, the two seemed to have struck up and formed a contract of some sorts (once again, I have not been able to discover the true nature of this contract from the archives), and from then on the mountain has been a haven for beastmen, or so they say. Eventually word got around about this place, and all manner of beastmen flocked to it, creating a rudimentary village in the mountains. There were attempts by outsiders to claim the mountain and the beastmen for their own purposes, but whatever this patron deity was, he must have been a really powerful fellow, because according to the books here 'he struck down all and any that approached with dubious intent'. Very dramatic.

After that, well, more and more beastmen gathered under the mountain's protection, and the village expanded, slowly becoming a town, then a city. Sometime after it had established itself as a town, a group travelled to the mountain foot in order to facilitate food gathering and harvesting, and that little settlement followed suit, growing into the city that it is today. Of course, I believe there was an incident with the oni a while back that saw the mountain city burning to nothing, but they've rebuilt it as always, trusting in the land as always. It's a mountain and a forest, yet the inhabitants have access to most of life's simple needs---foods, water, shelter. Can't say I'm not envious of this little kingdom that's going here.

And---this was from before the whole place just up and appeared in the world, but I've read that the miko from three generations back could bring forth a rainstorm. This part was found in a storybook so some of it might be embellished, but I'm not too sure. I can feel a lot of pride from the archived works, and I don't think there's any actual lie in the books per se---exaggerated truths, maybe, but I get the feeling that a lot of work went into making these archives as historically accurate as possible, so I'm willing to bet that at some point, one of their mikos might have been able to control the weather.

Then again, this is a new world and their patron's influence isn't there like it used to be, so I won't be surprised if their old rituals don't work anymore. The current them have most definitely weakened compared to the past, but I will not imprudently guess at exactly how much.

By the way, it seems that Yato wasn't always named Yato. I've asked Sora about it, but it seems that the new name came from an old beastmen who's long passed. According to her, that oni incident from long ago had been devastating to their hearts---so much that they renamed the rebuilt city 'Stopped Night'.

- Ellania
With a faint smile on his face, he read the paper as carefully as possible before jointing down many details that could prove useful. Of course, Domenas did not forget to hand out the rewards and stamp the report.

Rewards: 290 EXP, 50 G

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
UNAPPRAISED

While I defended the wall yesterday, today it's time to sally out and defend the, uh, "Blackpine Slopes". I rush out with a group of soldiers, and gather with reinforcements from all over the place at the "Blackpine Slopes", establishing a defensive line. Even while we take the defensive line, the snakes emerge from the lake, rushing towards us in a disorderly fashion.

Those with ranged weapons fire a few volleys at them - including me with my sling, though it's not too effective - before we get ready to fight them in close combat. Then we charge down the hill, crushing the first few lines on the snakes with our counter charge. The snakes meet out charge directly from the front, and we start grinding them down slowly, never breaking our line.

A Zornhau here, a stab there, we continuously use our superior range granted by our weapons to hold the snakes at bay before I am ushered back into another group while the defenders at the front create a phalanx, skewering snake after snake on their spears. Meanwhile, I circle around the side with the new group, crushing into the snakes from the side and sandwiching them between both groups, easily eradicating the simple-minded snakes that take too long to realize that we were flanking them.

Then we merge with the phalanx again, ready to keep fighting - when another wave of snakes arrives. This time, it has one of those rumored humanoid snakes with them. In our following volleys, a decent amount of the ranged attacks are aimed at the humanoid snake, dealing it a few wounds - one bolt that pierces its weapon arm comes to my attention in particular. This time, the phalanx takes the center while the others spread out to the right and left, creating a bowl-shaped formation which catches all the snakes within it. Fighting while in formation is quite different from what I usually do, but thanks to the daily training I receive here, I manage to pull it off.

As the snakes fall, the humanoid snake suddenly charges at our right flank - the place I am in. As the snakes are essentially already defeated here, I step forward to face the humanoid snake. My allies are confused and somewhat frightened, but I assure them that I will be fine. If I wasn't certain I'd win, I wouldn't fight it. Quick observation has shown me that this creature here prefers to do strong attacks from above - which I just so happen to have a few techniques against. I take the Ox Guard.

As expected, it does a strong overhead swing. Overly telegraphed and weakened from the injuries it already has - seems like it has never had any combat training. As it attack comes in, I perform a Twerchhau while stepping to the side, my sword circling around and pushing its weapon slightly away from me as my blade cuts into its skull. The strong impact of its weapon on my weapon's guard only pushes the blade deeper in, ending the miserable things life as its weapon drops down to the floor a safe distance away from my body.

Then we gather again, ready to meet the next attack - when the cavalry arrives. A troop of defenders with repeating crossbows mounted on horses I heard they bought from somewhere. They easily outrun the snakes, their bolts whittling down the snakes before they arrive at us. The cavalry passes by our side before we create the bowl-shaped formation again, the phalanx receiving the snakes and the flanks crushing them from the sides, easily eradicating what's left of the snakes. We even enough time to recover some stamina between the snake's waves at this point.

This repeats a few times until the snakes finally stop attacking, and we only had minimal losses. Satisfied, I return to the guild and hand in my report.
Seeing that there was nothing interesting to note, Domenas stamped the report and rewarded the man.

Rewards: 260 EXP, 30 G

FenrIIrz

> > >
I swear I’m not drunk! [SR0304]
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: The Hidden Symbol
  • Hang out in a local tavern.
  • Socialize with the locals and get drunk.
  • Listen for any worthwhile information.
Bwahaha! You like the rum here? It’s Scollywog Grog!This stuff sets your throat on fire with that crazy shit tingle!Hey, I like ya, brother. Let’s play a drinkin game. All bets on the table!I don’t like to lose. Don’t hold it against me if I smash your face in! Rewards:
  • Money: 0-30 G
> > >
In the evening, I came back with the Ratel pirate to the deck. I visited the bar filled with people that just came back from the sea. Then, I heard two people in the left corner of the counter talking.

“Hey. Ya heard the Ballard’s group? They were trying to break through the storm in the far North.” The man with a red bandana said.

“What!? That’s suicidal! Going to that sea is nothing but dig your own grave.” Replied the blond hair guy.

“Here’s a thing...They said that they spotted an island before their ship breaks apart.”

“Rumour again? Last time, someone said that there is an enormous monster swimming under the sea!”

“Hell no. Sparrow and Red skull pirates are with them, and don’t you think it makes sense? There is no way that the storm always present. There has to be something that causes the storm in that area, and that island is the first clue for us.”

“You think that real? Ridiculous! How can an island withstand those wind and waves? They just made up the story. Even the island is real, It’s too risky. We don’t know what is on the island. We will lose a lot of people.”

“True. Even so, Everybody will race to the island for the booty.”

“Haa! Damn right.”

‘Interesting. Sparrow seems to have some reputation around here. And another group of pirate.’ I paid for the drink and headed back to my inn.

Last edited:

Vanus

evaluated
> > >
You're an Associate (Lizardmen) [LM0002]
  • Sponsor: Lizardmen Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: N/A
Objectives:
  • Register as an "Associate" of the Lizardmen Guild.
  • Receive a lecture about local Lizardmen laws.
  • Pass an exam to show that you understand the law.
  • Receive a license from the Lizardmen Guild.
The Lizardmen Adventurer's Guild was recently established.It is completely independent from Scribel and has its own rules.While in the Lizardman Region, you are expected to obey our Guildmaster.You will serve the interests of our lizard citizens and our tribes.Break the rules, and we will deport you as a criminal. Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • Other: Lizardmen Guild Associate License
> > >
AIEO walked into the Albatross guild her eyes blanked out as if nothing was actually going on inside of them. "I am here to become an associate to the Lizardmen guild I am from Scribel city. The blank eyed AIEO continues looking at the receptionist lizardwoman the being had a large frill hanging 75% of the way around the neck of the women it didn't interfere with her movement. But AIEO didn't even notice this her blank look hanging in the air as if she was looking through the being and only just focused enough to catch the words of the woman.
"There will be a lecture at 3 pm so in about 5 hours from now from the clock miss. Then after the lecture there will be a verbal exam about the topics in the lecture and then if you pass you will get the licence attached to your card."
"Thank you." The blank looking AIEO says and then turned away from the receptionist disappearing somehow rapidly into the crowd that she did not fit into. Most of the lizardmen there were slimmer and smaller compared to the others that had been on the pathway to here. Though they had more armour and weaponry on there bodies comparatively.

The lecture had AIEO sitting in on it there were about 30 people there they were held once a week so you had to be lucky to get into them after all the lecturers had there own lives to deal with. The blank look stayed on in AIEO's eyes the entire time the lecture was going on and even during the test that she was put through after. However surprisingly AIEO passed it with flying colours returning the exact answer that the lecturer had said rather than giving an answer that was unique and had it's own imagination behind it. The questions and lecture were all about the local laws such as when you could kill someone whom you could fight blah blah blah. There was a second major section which was on the lizardmen *races* that existed.
A variant that had frilled necks these lizardmen were supposedly stronger in magic in general than most other races as well as being intelligent though not all that charismatic.
The brutish Komodo variant as they are called, these are the ones that are wandering around the lands all over they generally don't get involved in the politicking mostly because many of them believe themselves to be less intelligent than the other forms of lizardmen.
The third where the more common form AIEO had seen yesterday they were basically akin to humans in there magic though tougher in general than humans. There attitude is generally as varied as regular humans.
The final major variant mentioned was the shamanic and religious class they appear similar to that of the third variant however they are generally slightly smaller and have magic that seems to have some sort of relation to there beliefs at level only slightly lower than that of those frilled neck variants. There personalities lean towards the lizardmens religious beliefs.
It was mentioned that there are many other variations of the lizardmen likely hundreds of them out there.
Became a lizardmen "associate and passed the test exam was easy just had to memorise some shit. - AIEO

Last edited:

killerbyte1123

appraised

Quest: It's Time to be a maid!
Sponsor: adventurer's guild
Objectives:

• Spend a day cleaning the Tavern
  • Help out around the tavern
So you know that Tavern where a bunch of adventurer's live?

Since it's owned by the government, the guild will pay for you to work there.

Sweep the floors, do the laundry, wash the dishes, help out at the bar...

Rewards:
35 EXP
10 Gold

After the best night of my life with me accidentally eating that hallucinogenic cheese right after transforming into a Private Jerry (rat),I woke up them returned to my "John" form and realized the mistake that I made with me eating that cheese, I could have died, right after that thought an image suddenly came into my mind a picture of a girl, but I couldn't see her face as the image was a bit hazy,

"hmmmmm, what was that?, never mind it's not that important"

I then remembered that I have no money left after eating with Ryan yesterday, so I then went to the guild and looked for a quest it was there when I found a quest titled "It's Time to be a maid!"

"ohhhh 10 gold that should last me a week on the inn + daily necessity that Ryan told me about.

when i went up to the receptionist with the quest, she looked at me with doubtful eyes and asked me if I sure that I want this quest and of course I said yes, she then reluctantly signed the quest paper and approved me of the quest.

When I entered the Tavern I spoke with the manager and spoke to her about the quest, she then looked at me the same way the receptionist did and told me to go at the back

"are you sure that you want to do this?" - manager

I said yes

"but we're only looking for maids not 5'6 muscular dudes like don't forget to mention that beard of your that long, splendid beard of yours" - manager

I said not to worry as I am a Doppelganger, I showed her my skills by transforming to her and then immediately back, but for some reason for a quick second their I felt very weird, I don't know what words I could describe what I felt just now.

After showing manager my skill she was thoroughly impressed and asked if I could copy her best staff, she then went and called a very beautiful person (24 years oldish?). OOC: she looked like aperson that rolled 20 on a 20 sided dice on D&D.

Her hair has the same color as molten lava all the way to her waist, hew eye were as black as mysterious as space with a pair of the most beautifully arched eyebrows and her sweeping eyelashes, her delicate ears and a syrup like sweet lips, a set of dazzling, angel-white teeth gleamed as she walk towards us with her carmine-red fingernails, with her figure comparable with the shape of an hour glass, the quick second of me looking at her felt like an eternity while I was lost looking at her eyes.

"So Clair who's ti new recruit that you want'd to show me?" - ???
"oh yeah, this is the person that I wanted to show you") - manager

I said hi

the gird then grabbed the manager by her hand and took her to a corner of the room and whispered

"Claire, why'd you bring a guy here aren't we suppos'd to look for a new maid to help us not'a dude like him, he does't even look like a girl, not a single shr'd of my eyeball molecules can ever see him as a maid, nev'r!"- ???

"That's John, don'worry about his appearance his actually a Doppelganger, I'm planning on making him copy your appearance to double maybe even triple our income for today. $^$" - Claire

"But ev'n though his a Doppelganger he must've gotten that body somewhere, *gasp* he must've killed the owner!" - ???

"come on Abi, personally I think he's a good guy, if he was evil I would not be alive by now right? he could have just taken my body and replaced me, come on I think that this is a good chance to earn some new costumers" - Claire

"If ya say so" - Abigail

good thing that this body has excellent hearing or else I wouldn't have been able to hear that, while pondering with myself manager then came up to me and introduced us to one another

"John, this is Abigail but you can call her Abi for short, Abi this is John you can call him John" - Claire

"Also I forgot to mention my name it's Claire, but you can still call me manager if you like" - Claire

"So you're John huh, nice't meet'cha"

I said likewise, after that short exchange manager encouraged me to copy Abigail with their approval I then copied Abigail's body fully unclothed I felt another chill wind grave through my skin, but this time it was even cooler than it was when I was at the forest, after a few seconds Claire then gave me the same dress as Abigail and *boom* I felt me pers'nality change I then walk'd towards Abi then stood with 'er side b' side.

"whoahhhh" - Abigail
"whoahhhh" - John

manager laugh'd at us stat'in that we sounded so much alike while holdi'n her belly.
"this could work, hahahaha!" - Claire

aft'er teaching me the basics Claire then went en told ev'ry one about a surprise and introduced me and as Claire exp'ted ev'ry one was shocked.

aft'er a few 'ours of workin I soon discover'd that ev'n though I copied Abigail's stats I only copied a small amount of' er actual skill at bein a maid an'd because of that I made a few mistakes h're and th're, but for some reason' ev'ry one seem'd to like it? a dude ev'n tri'd to scan the tav'rn, but me and Abi punch'd em at the same time on opposite sid's of his face.

"chi, nev'r mess with our Tavern again!" - Abigail
"chi, nev'r mess with our Tavern again!' - John

Claire was seen visibly laughing at the side line.

an'd aft'er a few more 'ours of workin the job was finally don'

I then change back to John

Claire then thanked me for doing a great job at being a maid and told me to come back whenever I need a job

right before I leave the room Abigail went up to me and said

"t'is was a nice day sp'ndin it with'cha John fel't like a really had a sist'r back there, hahahaha hope to see you soon, John"

After that last word she then punched me on the back, *ouch*

I then went back to the guild to submit the confirmation that I worked for Claire as a maid.

OOC: I think you will find a little bit of trouble reading the last part.

Last edited:

Quaesitor

APPRAISED
> > >
Defense of Blackpine Slopes [GH0703]
Objectives:
  • Rally with your allies at Blackpine Slopes.
  • Defend against the onslaught of giant poisonous snakes.
  • Prevent as few snakes as possible from slipping past the line.
Alarm! Alarm! Attack from the lakeside!Our forward group will take the high ground at Blackpine Slopes.Hold those those snakes at the foothills before the city!Damn, I hate those giant vipers and their poisonous veins.We kill Bloodbane Vipers by the scores and spill their blood...Yet any ground that their black ooze touches is tainted. Rewards:
  • Money: 30 G / person
> > >
Today again, I stand on the bare fields between Gelderholm and the lake. But today there are many more snakes than yesterday. Far, far more. I would be worried - if I didn't know that today, things are a little different. As the beasts leave the lake and slither towards us, they are slowed down by caltrops we spread there beforehand, and they get slowed down further from volley after volley of bolts and arrows.

Then, they have bogged together into a tight mass, the first rock impacts the ground, squashing multiple snakes at once, and is followed by many more as the artillery begins its bombardment. Under the constant assault of artillery and ranged weapons, most of the snakes get eradicated before reaching the defensive line, where I easily kill them off with the rest of the close-ranged fighters.

This continues for quite a while, until the ammunition slowly starts to run out. Which is mind-boggling, in a certain way. Where do all these snakes come from anyway!? But now's not the time. More snakes manage to get to us, and we start to slowly retreat while fighting off the snakes, giving cover to the retreating ranged fighters. The area before us has hundreds of dead snakes lying around, but they still keep coming.

As we start to get overwhelmed, something rather surprising rolls down the slope from behind us - a group of dwarven... chariots? I think they are chariots. Though I personally would describe it as metal things covered in spinning blades that move. They tear through the snakes with ease, ripping apart dozens every time they charge through the snakes slithering towards us. In a sense, this is the second Killzone - the first being the artillery bombardment area, of course. Which at this point is just gruesome to look at.

Then, the snakes finally stop coming. Absolutely exhausted from the fight, we carry our weary bones back to the city to get some well-deserved rest - though I first hand in my report. And with the amount of slashing I did today, I really need to sharpen my sword again... and of course, get a good bath. The stench of the snake's blood can barely be put into words.

Last edited:

Euka

Quest - Evaluated
> > >
Rock Mite Subjugation [GH0603]
  • Required Level: 6
Objectives:
  • Survey the tunnels for rock mites.
  • Eliminate rock mites.
  • Collect 30 rock mite carapaces.
Rock mites aren't particularly dangerous individually.
They live in crevices and holes all around the mountain.
But you haven't witnessed true terror until a swarm bursts in your face.
Their little pincers gnaw at everything they touch, easily crushing rock to dust.
Rewards:
  • Money: 22 G
> > >
We noticed the rock mites before when we both went mining for iron in the shafts. I had a feeling that the guild had a subjugation job for and I was right. I took the quest for both of us and had to prep up our equipment for combat. I don’t think my lance is of any use in these narrow tunnels so my sword will have to do.

I didn’t want to bring Zio with us since he’s just a new born…. That and he can’t really fit inside a mine shaft so… he’s staying in the inn. I just hope he doesn’t break anything when we get back.

+++++​

We headed to the copper mines first before delving deeper into the iron territories. I would mine for more ores but the extra weight will slow us down. We would encounter some other miners along and acknowledged each other before continuing on with our business. Each path we took was carefully surveyed with us closely listening to the walls.

The first rumble was heard near an iron vein. I can faintly hear it but the walls were definitely rumbling. With a clenched fist I smashed it against the rumbling wall, to which a handful of rock mites came out of it. They were the size of an open fist and could crawl and dig speedily into walls. I didn’t really give them a chance to escape since I had Iris try to freeze them.

Before they were completely frozen, it seems they died from the severe cold and remained unmoving. They must be weak to any cold magic; it makes the job easier so I guess that’s a plus.

I didn’t really know much how to carve off the carapace so I just tossed them in one of the sacks I brought.

We delved deeper into the mine and routinely smashed some rumbling walls to freeze of the exposed rock mites. By the time we had killed 30 rock mites, 4 sacks had already been filled with them.

With this amount the job should be considered done. We headed back to the entrance of mines and reported our finding then rested for a while.

Greeting to you Guild

We have delved deep into the iron mines and have killed off four sacks worth of vermin. May these corpses prove of our work.

At service to you, Lancer Reival and Lady Iris

[Submitted 4 sacks filled with rock mites.]

Evaluation Report

Last edited:

Leegood

APPRAISED
Rank E Promotion Exam [SC0501]
Sponsor
Scribel City Adventurer's Guild​
Objectives
  • Survive for two weeks without any weapon except a knife.
  • Travel through Gem's Ravine and climb Bighorn Mountain.
  • Retrieve an egg from a Giant Kukuu Bird Nest.
  • Return to Scribel City with the egg intact.
Description
So you think you're strong enough to be Rank E? Pfft~ Don't get too cocky just because you've beaten up a few goblins with a fancy sword!

If you want to be Rank E, prove to me that you can survive in the wilderness without your precious weapons. I'll be confiscating those for safekeeping~ You can have a knife instead. Much of the world is wilderness and filled with monsters, so you won't survive for long if you can't handle a simple camping trip~!
Of course, there will be monsters as you make your journey through Gem's Ravine. How will you handle them?
At the end of the canyon, please climb Bighorn Mountain. A colony of Giant Kukuu Birds make their nests close to the peak. Kukuu Birds are known to kidnap eggs from other species and raise them as their own, so you'll find all sorts of random creatures wandering the mountain. Please retrieve an egg from a Giant Kukuu Nest and escape with it. You better keep it intact, or else you fail!

Feeling confident yet? If you're not ready, come back and talk to me another day! Reward
EXP:
250Money:
30 GItems:
Rank E Certificate
Random Egg (it might hatch!)​
I'm ready to rank up I thought as I left the city with only the clothes on my body and a knife. I had read previous rank ups of previous adventurers before so I knew somewhat of what to expect on this dangerous journey. In fact, I had spent exactly 30 g to prepare for my rankup, what I'm currently wearing is very old, almost torn shirt and pants, why? since I was going to conceal my scent with mud!

Spreading the mud on my body and resisting the urge to wash everything off I started my journey onwards Look over there? isin't that the tea leaves that I often serve? I plucked a few tea leaves and stuck the plant onto the dirt on my back Hopefully it'll keep fresh while it's planted on my back I forage berries as I traveled to where this supposed ravine was and ate some berries before entering

---the ravine---

I entered the ravine with multiple tea plants and herbs randomly planted all over my body in an effort to harvest them when I get back to scribble city, I moved when I saw no signs of predators Ex: fresh poop marks, freshly clawed trees, places where the scent of pee was strong and made sure to keep safe, there was one time when I fell asleep and a wolf pack was sleeping around me.

Ah little cub, your so cute but please stop peeing on my leg I sighed in relief when the wolf pack eventually moved on when I spotted more herbs and plants I really wanted to bring back so I stopped to put them on any free space on my body. Ugho I feel so dirtyyyy~ There's a literal layer of dirt on me I continued placing plants until I felt like a walking tree.

The next few days as I traversed through the ravine I foraged, took care of the plants I had placed on my body, and finally, I got through. One day though, as I was sleeping I woke up flying through the airrrr~?!

"Kuu!" It seems i've been mistaken for a plant?! I pretended to be limp as the bird carried me to it's nest and started decorating it's nest with some pretty herbs I had on myself Uwuwuwu my herbs~! I was able to stay still until the bird left the nest, nows the time! I grabbed a random egg next to me and got out of the nest and slid down mountain since the angle was not too steep and started my trek down.

The next week I had already clad myself in dirt and plants alongside the egg as I returned to scribble city This egg looks different somehow, feels different somehow? oh well I was able to find a bushel of ripened berries on the last day and stuffed myself before washing myself up in a river and returning to the guild with an egg, a bundle of herbs, and with partially wet very old clothes.

Last edited:

Leegood

In the evening, I came back with the Ratel pirate to the deck. I visited the bar filled with people that just came back from the sea. Then, I heard two people in the left corner of the counter talking.

“Hey. Ya heard the Ballard’s group? They were trying to break through the storm in the far North.” The man with a red bandana said.

“What!? That’s suicidal! Going to that sea is nothing but dig your own grave.” Replied the blond hair guy.

“Here’s a thing...They said that they spotted an island before their ship breaks apart.”

“Rumour again? Last time, someone said that there is an enormous monster swimming under the sea!”

“Hell no. Sparrow and Red skull pirates are with them, and don’t you think it makes sense? There is no way that the storm always present. There has to be something that causes the storm in that area, and that island is the first clue for us.”

“You think that real? Ridiculous! How can an island withstand those wind and waves? They just made up the story. Even the island is real, It’s too risky. We don’t know what is on the island. We will lose a lot of people.”

“True. Even so, Everybody will race to the island for the booty.”

“Haa! Damn right.”

‘Interesting. Sparrow seems to have some reputation around here. And another group of pirate.’ I paid for the drink and headed back to my inn.
I stamped the sheet and the rewards were sent
  • Money: 0-30 G
  • OOC mark as approved

Leegood

Un-evaluated
AIEO walked into the Albatross guild her eyes blanked out as if nothing was actually going on inside of them. "I am here to become an associate to the Lizardmen guild I am from Scribel city. The blank eyed AIEO continues looking at the receptionist lizardwoman the being had a large frill hanging 75% of the way around the neck of the women it didn't interfere with her movement. But AIEO didn't even notice this her blank look hanging in the air as if she was looking through the being and only just focused enough to catch the words of the woman.
"There will be a lecture at 3 pm so in about 5 hours from now from the clock miss. Then after the lecture there will be a verbal exam about the topics in the lecture and then if you pass you will get the licence attached to your card."
"Thank you." The blank looking AIEO says and then turned away from the receptionist disappearing somehow rapidly into the crowd that she did not fit into. Most of the lizardmen there were slimmer and smaller compared to the others that had been on the pathway to here. Though they had more armour and weaponry on there bodies comparatively.

The lecture had AIEO sitting in on it there were about 30 people there they were held once a week so you had to be lucky to get into them after all the lecturers had there own lives to deal with. The blank look stayed on in AIEO's eyes the entire time the lecture was going on and even during the test that she was put through after. However surprisingly AIEO passed it with flying colours returning the exact answer that the lecturer had said rather than giving an answer that was unique and had it's own imagination behind it. The questions and lecture were all about the local laws such as when you could kill someone whom you could fight blah blah blah. There was a second major section which was on the lizardmen *races* that existed.
A variant that had frilled necks these lizardmen were supposedly stronger in magic in general than most other races as well as being intelligent though not all that charismatic.
The brutish Komodo variant as they are called, these are the ones that are wandering around the lands all over they generally don't get involved in the politicking mostly because many of them believe themselves to be less intelligent than the other forms of lizardmen.
The third where the more common form AIEO had seen yesterday they were basically akin to humans in there magic though tougher in general than humans. There attitude is generally as varied as regular humans.
The final major variant mentioned was the shamanic and religious class they appear similar to that of the third variant however they are generally slightly smaller and have magic that seems to have some sort of relation to there beliefs at level only slightly lower than that of those frilled neck variants. There personalities lean towards the lizardmens religious beliefs.
It was mentioned that there are many other variations of the lizardmen likely hundreds of them out there.
Became a lizardmen "associate and passed the test exam was easy just had to memorise some shit. - AIEO

"It's nice you get to listen to a lecture~ Here's the rewards~"

Leegood

Not Appraised

Quest: It's Time to be a maid!
Sponsor: adventurer's guild
Objectives:

• Spend a day cleaning the Tavern
  • Help out around the tavern
So you know that Tavern where a bunch of adventurer's live?

Since it's owned by the government, the guild will pay for you to work there.

Sweep the floors, do the laundry, wash the dishes, help out at the bar...

Rewards:
35 EXP
10 Gold

After the best night of my life with me accidentally eating that hallucinogenic cheese right after transforming into a Private Jerry (rat),I woke up them returned to my "John" form and realized the mistake that I made with me eating that cheese, I could have died, right after that thought an image suddenly came into my mind a picture of a girl, but I couldn't see her face as the image was a bit hazy,

"hmmmmm, what was that?, never mind it's not that important"

I then remembered that I have no money left after eating with Ryan yesterday, so I then went to the guild and looked for a quest it was there when I found a quest titled "It's Time to be a maid!"

"ohhhh 10 gold that should last me a week on the inn + daily necessity that Ryan told me about.

when i went up to the receptionist with the quest, she looked at me with doubtful eyes and asked me if I sure that I want this quest and of course I said yes, she then reluctantly signed the quest paper and approved me of the quest.

When I entered the Tavern I spoke with the manager and spoke to her about the quest, she then looked at me the same way the receptionist did and told me to go at the back

"are you sure that you want to do this?" - manager

I said yes

"but we're only looking for maids not 5'6 muscular dudes like don't forget to mention that beard of your that long, splendid beard of yours" - manager

I said not to worry as I am a Doppelganger, I showed her my skills by transforming to her and then immediately back, but for some reason for a quick second their I felt very weird, I don't know what words I could describe what I felt just now.

After showing manager my skill she was thoroughly impressed and asked if I could copy her best staff, she then went and called a very beautiful person (24 years oldish?). OOC: she looked like aperson that rolled 20 on a 20 sided dice on D&D.

Her hair has the same color as molten lava all the way to her waist, hew eye were as black as mysterious as space with a pair of the most beautifully arched eyebrows and her sweeping eyelashes, her delicate ears and a syrup like sweet lips, a set of dazzling, angel-white teeth gleamed as she walk towards us with her carmine-red fingernails, with her figure comparable with the shape of an hour glass, the quick second of me looking at her felt like an eternity while I was lost looking at her eyes.

"So Clair who's ti new recruit that you want'd to show me?" - ???
"oh yeah, this is the person that I wanted to show you") - manager

I said hi

the gird then grabbed the manager by her hand and took her to a corner of the room and whispered

"Claire, why'd you bring a guy here aren't we suppos'd to look for a new maid to help us not'a dude like him, he does't even look like a girl, not a single shr'd of my eyeball molecules can ever see him as a maid, nev'r!"- ???

"That's John, don'worry about his appearance his actually a Doppelganger, I'm planning on making him copy your appearance to double maybe even triple our income for today. $^$" - Claire

"But ev'n though his a Doppelganger he must've gotten that body somewhere, *gasp* he must've killed the owner!" - ???

"come on Abi, personally I think he's a good guy, if he was evil I would not be alive by now right? he could have just taken my body and replaced me, come on I think that this is a good chance to earn some new costumers" - Claire

"If ya say so" - Abigail

good thing that this body has excellent hearing or else I wouldn't have been able to hear that, while pondering with myself manager then came up to me and introduced us to one another

"John, this is Abigail but you can call her Abi for short, Abi this is John you can call him John" - Claire

"Also I forgot to mention my name it's Claire, but you can still call me manager if you like" - Claire

"So you're John huh, nice't meet'cha"

I said likewise, after that short exchange manager encouraged me to copy Abigail with their approval I then copied Abigail's body fully unclothed I felt another chill wind grave through my skin, but this time it was even cooler than it was when I was at the forest, after a few seconds Claire then gave me the same dress as Abigail and *boom* I felt me pers'nality change I then walk'd towards Abi then stood with 'er side b' side.

"whoahhhh" - Abigail
"whoahhhh" - John

manager laugh'd at us stat'in that we sounded so much alike while holdi'n her belly.
"this could work, hahahaha!" - Claire

aft'er teaching me the basics Claire then went en told ev'ry one about a surprise and introduced me and as Claire exp'ted ev'ry one was shocked.

aft'er a few 'ours of workin I soon discover'd that ev'n though I copied Abigail's stats I only copied a small amount of' er actual skill at bein a maid an'd because of that I made a few mistakes h're and th're, but for some reason' ev'ry one seem'd to like it? a dude ev'n tri'd to scan the tav'rn, but me and Abi punch'd em at the same time on opposite sid's of his face.

"chi, nev'r mess with our Tavern again!" - Abigail
"chi, nev'r mess with our Tavern again!' - John

Claire was seen visibly laughing at the side line.

an'd aft'er a few more 'ours of workin the job was finally don'

I then change back to John

Claire then thanked me for doing a great job at being a maid and told me to come back whenever I need a job

right before I leave the room Abigail went up to me and said

"t'is was a nice day sp'ndin it with'cha John fel't like a really had a sist'r back there, hahahaha hope to see you soon, John"

After that last word she then punched me on the back, *ouch*

I then went back to the guild to submit the confirmation that I worked for Claire as a maid.

OOC: I think you will find a little bit of trouble reading the last part.

I giggled at what happened "Seems like you had fun, Here's your rewards~"

OOC make sure to mark as appraised

Quaesitor

APPRAISED
> > >
Scouting the Lake [GH0702]
Objectives:
  • Scout the perimeter of the lake.
  • Note any changes in the enemy status.
  • Note any changes in the poisoned fields.
  • Do not lure enemies to the city.
Information is essential to fighting any war, and we cannot afford to operate blind.Please scout the lake and the Poisoned Fields and assess the damage.Many varieties of new poisonous monsters have been discovered since the war.Any information about the hydra's forces is invaluable. Rewards:
  • Money: 25 G
> > >
While I was on the battlefield for the last two days, I think that today, it is time for something less exhausting. Yes, I am scouting the lake! And the fields. And stuff. Whatever. I leave the city, with my clothes still stinking like those snakes. It's really hard to get rid of that stench, I tell you! Now, looking over the area between the city and the lake... ah, that works. A lot of whithered trees in that one part of the area make for a decent cover.

I sneak over towards them, surprisingly not meeting any snakes or such, and cast my gaze at the lake. Hmmm... a few single snakes idling about the area, and a lot of movement in the lake itself. I count about... okay, I quickly lose count, but there's a damn lot of them! Are their numbers limitless!? Hmmm, looking closer, I can't help but notice abnormally thick scales amongst some of the snakes. Seems like a new defensive breed that's made to withstand attacks. Might be problematic. Most of the movement seems to be... in the northern part of the lake, should note it down.

My focus breaks as I hear something slither around next to me. I quietly turn my head towards it, and notice a small group of snakes slithering around in the area. But for some reason, they are ignoring me... ah, I think I know! Snakes don't have good eyesight, do they? And I stink like one of 'em. Awesome! Just as I finish this thought, a humanoid snake approaches me, hissing threateningly as it poises its primitive spear for an attack. Ah. Seems like this one doesn't have bad eyesight. If I run... it will probably attract more attention. Damn.

So I pull my sword. As it has a spear... it's gotta be a thrust. I drop my sword into the fool's guard, blade pointing to the side, and wait patiently. Then it stabs at me. I essentially perform a Twerchhau, my blade moving around in a circle in front of me, deflecting the spear to the side whilst I step to the other side, escaping the attack. I then stop my blade and twist it around and my hands with it. And at this position, I can stab! I lunge forward, bridging the gap between us, and stab into the beast's neck.

Then I pull my sword back and make a run for it before anything else notices me, and manage to safely return to Gelderholm without getting chased. Once back, I hand in my report.