On Defining The "BL" Genre

What would you prefer the BL and GL genres to be called?

• Boys Love and Girls Love

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • M/M and F/F

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Gay Romance and Lesbian Romance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gay Fiction and Lesbian Fiction

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Male/Male and Female/Female

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Men Loving Men (MLM) and Women Loving Women (WLW)

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

bafflinghaze

Does anybody have such troubles or something similar? Do you ever feel compelled or intimidated by what you think the mainstream BL audience wants and how it's divorced from what you try to do? That your writing is like... too niche or not satisfying/appealing to the market enough? I am just very confused about it, :blob_hug: so sorry if I can't explain it well enough...

YEP. This is why I would classify my fic matcha & milk as extremely mainstream, because it is very mainstream BL. There were zero (0) trans characters in sight, and the only "flavour" I added was some experiences growing up asian and queer. I basically set out to write something that was mainstream on tapas, and I achieved that LOL.

In fact, this pressure of mainstreamness often makes me question whether I should make my protagonists trans or not, because then it shifts from being BL (or GL) and into LGBT+ on tapas, which then...get lets views on tapas...

Anyway, changing GL and BL to f/f and m/m would definitely be a little helpful, if not necessarily the answer to all problems.
(But we'd need to set the standard that f/f needs to actually focus on queer women's relationships, and not, like... One fanservice kiss in one chapter. Peeps are desperate to tag their works as GL because it's so popular.)

Agree to change GL and BL to F/F and M/M! Any little bit helps. And YES also agree that tagging something like F/F means you have to actually focus on it!

My real problem from the way BL treats women (and I do have one) is that it treats them badly, as an overall genre. As someone who also initially came to BL to escape gender roles, sexism, and other such problems, why are so many authors parading women in front of me just to call them whores and cut up their faces? Especially when male love rivals don't get treated like that? (Edit: Not all authors, not all stories. I just can't stop noticing it when it happens after being scarred by The Legendary Master's Wife.)
Actually, you've articulated what I wanted/meant deep down. The sexism in many BL stories....

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
I probably need to warn people that I am that lady obsessed with rainbow sponges from this video
Thank you very much for this! I genuinely want to try out these sponges now :blob_sweat:

Does anybody have such troubles or something similar? Do you ever feel compelled or intimidated by what you think the mainstream BL audience wants and how it's divorced from what you try to do? That your writing is like... too niche or not satisfying/appealing to the market enough?
Absolutely. It's especially bad when thinking of how some of the more ... cliché novels I wrote get more traffic than the ones who actively diverge from them. I mean, you know some of my numbers and have read a bit. Both FK and MYMMP are obviously more 'out there' with what they explore, even OMF has more variety (despite maybe not looking at it in the beginning) because of the sheer length and size of the cast already. But the stories that are actually popular? LWS, SML, maybe (at least it looks like it's shaping up to be like this) IRL. So the ones that play more heavily into the BL tropes.
I mean LWS was a parody of the genre so no wonder and SML is the sequel to that so no wonder there either. I'm not complaining either. I wrote them like that out of a reason and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out but it is a bit disheartening to see that the other stories that explore so many more concepts aren't read as often.
What's even more heartbreaking is that now that this is my main job and I'm reliant on the income I make from this, I'm afraid I'll have to write more stories like this. Which ... I don't necessarily want to do. I have some very fun, light-hearted ideas but I also feel the need to explore the other side that includes actual, real-world issues, asks the important questions, and is just overall more serious. I also want to put a spin on some tropes and see where it leads but I'm just afraid that with that, I'll end up completely broke, and considering that I am already living below the poverty line right now, that's a damn depressing thought to have :blob_teary:

My real problem from the way BL treats women (and I do have one) is that it treats them badly, as an overall genre. As someone who also initially came to BL to escape gender roles, sexism, and other such problems, why are so many authors parading women in front of me just to call them whores and cut up their faces? Especially when male love rivals don't get treated like that?

I just want less genuine sexism. I'll pay for BL authors to stop putting in the extra effort to be sexist.
Oh, yes, I definitely do get that. I mostly read Chinese BL and I've noticed that it was pretty much the same in some Chinese het romance novels. The women often end up like this while the male love rivals don't have the same problems. So I do wonder if it has to do - at least in part - with how the genders are perceived? And then when the world-wide readers see this in almost all of the novels they've read, it follows us here? Just an idea though.

minacia

perpetually sour
Does anybody have such troubles or something similar? Do you ever feel compelled or intimidated by what you think the mainstream BL audience wants and how it's divorced from what you try to do? That your writing is like... too niche or not satisfying/appealing to the market enough? I am just very confused about it, :blob_hug: so sorry if I can't explain it well enough...
Uhhh, I'm sooooo guilty of this. I don't write BL on this account, but my BG stuff here is like 1000x worse (internalized misogyny or what). But yeah, most of my smut readers seem to be men, and a lot of times I see myself writing in ways cognizant of the fact that >90% of my readers are probably men... which is a very strange feeling, and I probably write differently because of that fact.

I don't think there would be any problems with changing BL to Gay Fiction, Gay Romance or whatever other name you'd want to call it. I'd only have a problem with having both BL and Gay Fiction in the same site as they're synonyms.

I'm aware that BL isn't really used outside of anime communities, but... Scribbly is a direct descendant of NU. The audience here are the anime audience, so I don't think the argument of BL not being a thing outside of anime communities makes sense.

As for the Trap argument... Apples to oranges. Traps specifically refer to men that look like women. It has nothing to do with transgender.
BL on the other hand means romance between men. Nothing more nothing less. The perceived notion that it has to do with specific tropes is something that a portion of the readers/authors of the genre decided upon.

As for the Spongebob argument... Anime just means animation, so if you ask someone in Japan rather or not Spongebob is an anime, you'd probably get an affirmative answer.
We're not in Japan though, so we look at anime as a different form of media... Which is fine, but when you ask someone to define anime the definition starts getting a bit blurry, since they probably won't know rather to classify stuff done in China or Korea as anime, or even if Avatar the Last Airbender counts as an Anime... So yeah, the definition of Anime is blurry and not everyone can agree on it... But if you wanna just use the dictionary definition, Spongebob is totally an anime.

BL isn't very comparable to that though... It's just homosexual romance between men. The assumption that it has to has some tropes is just... Well, an assumption. And quite frankly, a somewhat dumb assumption, because even in Asian novels those tropes are hardly the only existing ones. They just happen to be the more mainstream ones that most people know BL for, but there is a lot more to the genre than that.

Saying that BL has to have the Uke/Seme dynamic and that they're all about unhealthy possessive relationships is the same as saying that all shoujo has a dumb protagonist that is as dense as a blackhole and is completely unable to have a healthy relationship, even when the perfect ML of her dreams is right in front of her eyes and in love with her... Which is just not true, it's just a popular Shoujo trope.

Pretty much this. There are basically stereotypes that people assume to represent the whole genre... Which is just untrue, but they keep assuming it is anyways.
I think we can probably agree to disagree...

I genuinely don't think most people in the English-speaking Internet outside of NU/SH would call BL and gay fiction synonymous...... I think google, Wikipedia, urban dictionary, and most LGBT communities I've been in would agree with me (BL decidedly has a yaoi tilt, and it's really not the same). It's honestly only here that I've ever heard people trying to argue that they were the same...

I think it's hard to argue that everyone else in the world has a misunderstanding.........

The uke/seme dynamic is more strongly coded into BL than I think you might realize.

I don't know about Japanese sites, but for danmei and specifically jjwxc (one of the major hosts for CN BL), the site forces authors to classify their stories as "Gong Protagonist" / "Shou Protagonist" / "Female Protagonist". It's a required field for all novel submissions. Although some of these novels are relatively "light" in terms of uke/seme dynamics, the website itself enforces this type of classification.

Like here is the infobox for Lord and Dragon (which we translated for Tony on Blob Translations):

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 7.10.04 PM.png

• Infobox for Lord and Dragon:
    • Genres: Original Work - Cute Love - Fantasy World - Fantasy
    • Protagonist: Shou Protagonist (uke)
    • Writing Style: Light hearted
    • Tags: Sweet - Casual - Short Story - Western Fantasy
    • Word Count: 35288 words
    • Publishing Status: Not published (in paperback)
    • Contract Status: Contracted author
    • Author Reviews: None
    • The section below this is a site ranking box
My point here is that at least for danmei, the seme/uke status of the protagonist is literally one of the first things that Chinese BL readers look for when they consider a story, and it's listed on every single novel.

I think in an ideal world... we would say that BL doesn't require seme/uke dynamics... but I think in practice it's a characteristic feature for a majority of BL novels that are currently coming out of China.

It's beyond the level of just a trope.

minacia

perpetually sour
Oh, yes, I definitely do get that. I mostly read Chinese BL and I've noticed that it was pretty much the same in some Chinese het romance novels. The women often end up like this while the male love rivals don't have the same problems. So I do wonder if it has to do - at least in part - with how the genders are perceived? And then when the world-wide readers see this in almost all of the novels they've read, it follows us here? Just an idea though.
Oh yes! Absolutely!

I mean, I'm generally a BG translator/writer, but Chinese fiction has bucketloads of questionable stuff!

It's a cultural thing as well... China is just that much more conservative than the West, and the misogyny/internalized misogyny is way more prevalent. As sad as it is, I would probably say it's a feature of the culture. It's also the case that in het dramas and other media that female rival characters are completely shat on (I guess it's sort of a preponderance of face-flapping in CN...)

In a sense, it's probably where the entire "villainess" genre comes from.

Authors do such horrible things to female love rivals that it's inspired an entire genre of novels that reverses it.

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
It's also the case that in het dramas and other media that female rival characters are completely shat on (I guess it's sort of a preponderance of face-flapping in CN...)
I noticed that as well! I also saw it mentioned in novels and I think some articles (not sure on those too) that if an actress plays villainous characters too often, people will somehow make that into her image and she'll be doomed? :blob_blank: Do you know if that's true?

Aoibh

Mademoiselle
They are used interchangeably but here, on Scribble Hub, Girls Love is used to refer to all f/f romance. So you can't say GL is passionless without saying that all f/f romance is.

I'm sorry for misunderstanding you.

(Also, if you want genuinely passionate GL, I can direct you towards some too. There are a lot of different types of GL compared to BL, which is really one thing (not in a bad way, it just goes like that). If you pick the wrong type for you, you won't be satisfied.)
The majority of GL that I have read has been in genderswap novels/comics(mostly Asian/Asian styled), and the relationships that have been put together never felt right and were forced into the story, when the protag should have been with a guy because how his interactions were written that they seem to have that kind of relationship sprouting or maybe I just have some fuoshi-ism in me.

I tend to bump into that stuff a lot in which has been adding to my preconception of what GL generally looks like, but don't get me wrong I have seen one or two decent asuab styled GL that I actually liked, it also wasn't gender swap (but I'm a avid reader of genderswap 😨).

Just like most genres, genderswap theme is generally quite dominated by men (unfortunately), you do get a few gems here and there, but its rare since the majority are plain, confusing, weird(bad weird), transphobic, or cringe/disgusting/uncomfortable to read.

I really want to see some decent ftm genderswap novels, they lack sorely.

If you have any recommendations on action, adventure, tragedy GL, that would be nice to look at, I've recently been in a LitRPG mood.

(sorry for my rambling).

bafflinghaze

Just like most genres, genderswap theme is generally quite dominated by men (unfortunately), you do get a few gems here and there, but its rare since the majority are plain, confusing, weird(bad weird), transphobic, or cringe/disgusting/uncomfortable to read.

Have you considered searching up the Transgender tag on SH instead of the Genderbender genre? Tapas also has some novels and comics that have trans ftm characters, and AO3 has more too.

minacia

perpetually sour
The majority of GL that I have read has been in genderswap novels/comics(mostly Asian/Asian styled), and the relationships that have been put together never felt right and were forced into the story, when the protag should have been with a guy because how his interactions were written that they seem to have that kind of relationship sprouting or maybe I just have some fuoshi-ism in me.

I tend to bump into that stuff a lot in which has been adding to my preconception of what GL generally looks like, but don't get me wrong I have seen one or two decent asuab styled GL that I actually liked, it also wasn't gender swap (but I'm a avid reader of genderswap 😨).

If you have any recommendations on action, adventure, tragedy GL, that would be nice to look at, I've recently been in a LitRPG mood.

(sorry for my rambling).
Yes, like bafflinghaze, I would definitely recommend ao3! I think you might have better luck finding ftm genderbender there!

Although LitRPG is much more of RR or SH’s domain.

Aoibh

Mademoiselle
Have you considered searching up the Transgender tag on SH instead of the Genderbender genre? Tapas also has some novels and comics that have trans ftm characters, and AO3 has more too.
Honestly, I have not, since they mostly play on realism, and I wouldn't think they would do something like fantasy, magic, etc.

minacia

perpetually sour
ao3 is "archive of our own"? first time hearing if this place, I've only used RR and SH.
Yes! It’s amazing, especially with how detailed the tags are! Even if you don’t have a fandom that you’re interested in, you can search for “Original Work” and so forth.

I like mpreg and omegaverse too much... and I get most of mine from ao3 >.<

minacia

perpetually sour
You’re searching for too many things at once!

Also, the tags on ao3 are less centralized. Like sometimes there are duplicate tags (like ftm vs. transmale vs Trans Male Character), so you should be aware that some authors might tag their works differently even if they mean close to the same thing!

Aoibh

Mademoiselle
You’re searching for too many things at once!

Also, the tags on ao3 are less centralized. Like sometimes there are duplicate tags (like ftm vs. transmale vs Trans Male Character), so you should be aware that some authors might tag their works differently even if they mean close to the same thing!
oh noted, I took out adventure and I got two results (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ we need more FTM adventurers

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress

(sorry for my rambling).
Gender bender GL and "normal" GL are really different, so that makes sense. There are some men who try to write it to "get around" their discomfort with writing women (by saying the MC is really a guy in a woman's body), and sometimes it's for self-insertion into lesbian fantasies, so... The quality really varies.

(It's kind of late, so I can only list things off the top of my head right now. If you want any more, I'll try and think of some tomorrow.)

If you want a passionate, action-filled, tragic (and kinda traumatic) GL, I recommend the anime series "Revolutionary Girl Utena". It's actually an anime classic, put on the same level as Neon Genesis Evangalion. The film's a spiritual sequel and the manga's a different story, so the anime series is the only way to go.
It has like every trigger in the book, though, so be careful. Has particular focus on rape, abuse, incest, paedophilia, sexism, etc. Also there are bright and flashing lights.
Here are some sneak peaks in the form of AMVs (be warned that there are major spoilers and flashing lights):

There's also the "Akuma no Riddle" anime, which is a short and dramatic anime about a class of serial killers trying to kill one girl and one serial killer trying to protect her. Plenty of tragedy all around.
(This has a manga but it's just not as good. Also, they have a new ending representing each character every episode, so I encourage watching through that if you do watch it.)

In terms of gender bender...
I like "The Glory of Bowsette" by thedude3445. It's a Mario fanfic with a trans Bowsette and a Peach x Bowsette pairing. Lots of action, and quite a realistic and well-handled relationship.

(I also wrote a GB GL called "Muirgen" which I guess, as an author, I mandatorily have to mention. It's not tragedy, but it has a lot of tragic elements, such as learning to love again after your first love dies horrifically.
The beginning of it is quite fast and summarises things, since I was trying to write a whole reincarnation isekai in 4 weeks, but this is a sneak peak from later on:

Cold, sickening prickles of fear pierced into him. Zecadus’ expression gave little else away about her thoughts, but she had never felt as distant from him. He didn’t know how he could survive in Shadowfell if even his wife resented him.

She must have noticed the change in his mood because she turned to smile. “I have someone I loved and lost too.” She took his hands in her own. “Other people might not understand, but it’s important for us to honour and remember them.”

A wave of relief washed over him. He relaxed and craned his neck to look up at her. Her eyes were soft with kindness, and the wind played with the loose strands of her braid. He moved his gaze to Rhea’s house. Bathed in sunlight and surrounded by greenery, it seemed almost merry. It was a better setting than any painted lawn in a dark room that he could provide.

“Let’s leave the house here,” he said. “I think this is where she’d have wanted it to be.”

She nodded to signal that she would. Carefully, she pulled one hand away to slip into her pocket and brought it back to wind several new keystones around his wrist.

“These are the keys you’ll need to open the doors. Come here whenever you want.”

He was surprised. “Is that a good idea? Aren’t these plants here for protection?”

“As long as you don’t pick them, stand on them, or go digging, you won’t hurt them. Besides…” She brushed his hair back behind his ear. “Isn’t this where you belong? As a flower who can’t live without the sun?”
)

tigerine

omg where???

Sorry, couldn't help myself. I don't know if you were referring to me -- but if you were, then if you see any rhetoric in my words, that's on you, not on me. :blob_dizzy:

If I say "ABO, mpreg, uke/seme are fetishization" -- for me that's exactly the same as to say "strawberries, tomatoes, and rubies are all red", or "this patient has a concussion", sorry. Ivory Tower research and science, not a negative judgment in any way. I even acknowledge that I participate in the fetishization as well, so... am I calling myself out or what? NO. I am categorizing by this label because it is the best scientifically concise and descriptive way to call the phenomenon I am talking about.

Not sure if you meant that I was talking about "evil straight women" or anything, so I am sorry if I made such an impression on anyone :blob_hide: -- but just in case for the future and for any discussions further on this forum, I probably need to warn people that I am that lady obsessed with rainbow sponges from this video, only my "rainbow sponges" are for overanalyzing stuff and categorizing everything and "PATTERNS OMG"!

Call me infinitely curious and naive. As I am and will always be. But do not put anything offensive/negative into my mouth because it doesn't belong there ^^.

:blob_aww:

Firstly, to say that rhetoric is "on me" and not on you, that's an incorrect statement. If someone was to use statements like "I think global warming is made up" or "I think vaccines are a hoax", it's correct to call those anti-science rhetoric, because that is what they are. Listeners can and should correctly identify the true motivations behind statements, and if there's a message that you're not intending to send, then consider that maybe there are meanings you're not aware of.

Which is to say, the anti-fujoshi rhetoric I'm referring to is rooted in misogyny and includes terms like "fetishizing" as dogwhistle terms to get people to dogpile on fans of m/m content. Tumblr user rottenboysclub, a gay Japanese fudanshi, has done a lot of really important work in informing and clarifying what a fujoshi/fudanshi/fujin is, and what they aren't (fetishizers). If you're innocently using the term 'fetishize' in relation to m/m content, then you should know you're using language that originates in redefining a Japanese word to denigrate and dismiss people that like m/m content. Since you've said you enjoy analyzing, I think you'll really enjoy these reads, as they cover everything historically, including the 'yaoi ronso'. Hope that helps!

Queenfisher

Bird?
Firstly, to say that rhetoric is "on me" and not on you, that's an incorrect statement. If someone was to use statements like "I think global warming is made up" or "I think vaccines are a hoax", it's correct to call those anti-science rhetoric, because that is what they are. Listeners can and should correctly identify the true motivations behind statements, and if there's a message that you're not intending to send, then consider that maybe there are meanings you're not aware of.

Which is to say, the anti-fujoshi rhetoric I'm referring to is rooted in misogyny and includes terms like "fetishizing" as dogwhistle terms to get people to dogpile on fans of m/m content. Tumblr user rottenboysclub, a gay Japanese fudanshi, has done a lot of really important work in informing and clarifying what a fujoshi/fudanshi/fujin is, and what they aren't (fetishizers). If you're innocently using the term 'fetishize' in relation to m/m content, then you should know you're using language that originates in redefining a Japanese word to denigrate and dismiss people that like m/m content. Since you've said you enjoy analyzing, I think you'll really enjoy these reads, as they cover everything historically, including the 'yaoi ronso'. Hope that helps!

Come on, NO. :blobspearpeek:

I put like 3 warnings/elaborations in that post what I am talking about. Reread it but please don't put words in my mouth :blob_blank:.

First of all, I do know about fujo stuff. I researched that stuff where it originated. In Japanese media. I know a bit of Japanese to tell you that they do not use the term "fetish" in conjunction with fujos. That is an English addition (mistranslation? assumption? just random quirk?). And since: a) I am not English, b) the origin of the discussion and terms you are pointing to are also non-English --

-- that part of history you are talking about is either Anglo-centric and I have nothing to do with it because, like most people outside of Anglosphere like to joke "American problem. Literally do not care" :blob_hide:;

-- or this part of fujo history is based on mistranslations of "rotten" and by that metric, the term "fujo" you use also is offensive and shouldn't be used. Yet you do? :blob_pout:

So when I use the term "fetish", I refer to it in its philosophical/psychological meaning that in sex cultures has no negative connotations on its own. Only in the eyes of some people.

I guess I am not that person but you might be. I still don't see what it has to do with me, tbh :blob_hmm:

I do find it a bit weird to strawman people when they explicitly said they are talking about being unable to find things in an over-saturated market rather than having a bias or prejudice toward something. TT___TT I usually do not use term "fetish" on SHF when I talk about BL -- you can search it up. I started using it here because:

1) someone used it before me and I saw no harm done if I keep referring to it like that since everyone in the thread seemed very mature and understanding about that ALREADY;

2) I thought this was a safe space for in-depth philosophical discussions where people would understand it where people simplify things for the sake of the discussion (especially with all the elaborations of what I was saying right there -- where my main point was not that fetishes exist but that it's hard to FIND something that isn't them because they drown everything else out).

If someone here wants me to write a THESIS :blob_aww: about it and avoid saying "fetish" for 5-10k words while I will be talking explicitly about that -- just say so and I'll see what I can do :blob_okay:.

You know me.

Just give me a reason for a thesis and I will jump on it! :blob_joy:

I just didn't want to hog a discussion that has already gone down that route and I definitely wanted to fastforward through tip-toeing around a term in order to address issues that this term conceals in the community.

Once again, to quote myself from the earlier thread here on SHF:

I can say "10000305286k words about the Black Swan hypothesis etc" or I can just say "luck" because most understand how simplifications work ^^.

Likewise, I can say "a hollow muscular organ that pumps the blood through the circulatory system by rhythmic contraction and dilation. In vertebrates there may be up to four chambers (as in humans), with two atria and two ventricles" or I can just say "heart" :blob_reach:

It's fun when we all understand and appreciate the differing complexities of language, isn't it? :blob_aww:

If the term bothers you so much -- I will use another one because if people ask nicely, I usually oblige them :blob_hug:. Tell me which and we're cool :blob_aww: But please do not put words in my mouth ^^.

I don't like that, especially when they are rooted 100% in Anglocentrism +_+. Nothing personal, I just don't exactly enjoy (or understand) the lack of globalized and cosmopolitan ideas in some of the Anglocentric topics sometimes... Just not interesting to me.

:blob_nom:

*noms on you*

Tigers are rare and tasty animals ^^.

Aoibh

Mademoiselle
There's also the "Akuma no Riddle" anime, which is a short and dramatic anime about a class of serial killers trying to kill one girl and one serial killer trying to protect her. Plenty of tragedy all around.
(This has a manga but it's just not as good. Also, they have a new ending representing each character every episode, so I encourage watching through that if you do watch it.)
This looks and sounds interesting, I will definitely give this a watch!

If you want a passionate, action-filled, tragic (and kinda traumatic) GL, I recommend the anime series "Revolutionary Girl Utena". It's actually an anime classic, put on the same level as Neon Genesis Evangalion. The film's a spiritual sequel and the manga's a different story, so the anime series is the only way to go.
It has like every trigger in the book, though, so be careful. Has particular focus on rape, abuse, incest, paedophilia, sexism, etc. Also there are bright and flashing lights.
Here are some sneak peaks in the form of AMVs (be warned that there are major spoilers and flashing lights):
funnily enough, I've already watched this, it was quite surreal(if that's the right word), I would have enjoyed this alot more of they had used a different art style than this, but it was made pre-2000s.

I like "The Glory of Bowsette" by thedude3445. It's a Mario fanfic with a trans Bowsette and a Peach x Bowsette pairing. Lots of action, and quite a realistic and well-handled relationship.

(I also wrote a GB GL called "Muirgen" which I guess, as an author, I mandatorily have to mention. It's not tragedy, but it has a lot of tragic elements, such as learning to love again after your first love dies horrifically.
The beginning of it is quite fast and summarises things, since I was trying to write a whole reincarnation isekai in 4 weeks, but this is a sneak peak from later on:
I'll give both of them a look at, but Bowsette looks like it will be a quick and easy read, varying from around 500 words to 2k words each chapter, which looks quite appealing to me.

Last edited:

Queenfisher

Bird?
@tigerine

I just realized that you just might... ask me to write a thesis (or not you -- but someone else if they want my ruin :blob_no::blob_no::blob_no:) because I wouldn't be able to say no! I just love talking about Bl too much TT__TT.

So do not you dare. :blobspearpeek: I have too many books to read here on SH and too many chapters to write (literally, I've got a queue of 5 different books here on SH in the next 48 hours to read and comment on!!!). :blob_blank: AND I have to write two chapters in two days, with the average lengths of my chapters being ~6k words! :blob_teary:

If I write a BL thesis here as well, I will probably implode...

Spare me..............