Tell me about the theme of your story!

EternalSunset0

Opening yourself to new experiences and challenges helps make life worthwhile and make a difference in the lives of others. Or something to that degree. Towards the end, it kinda pushes a bit further pretty much is slated to end with the rejection of a "perfect" dreamworld utopia in favor of letting loose human potential and possibilities.

NitroxDarks

A kid grows up with sad events, then slowly learns to do as he wishes, little by little, knowing the vast universe as stupidly ginormous as possibly imaginable. It has some erotism, brutal fights, gore, and terror. But the greatest terror is the first -200 chapters that I wrote while going through mental... I did my best, but... oh god... the horrors (it's not that bad, but it fucked up the beginning). Though I tried my best to 'curate' it, and even gave green pass to jump the assassin creed's prologue, it's not doing well. Monetary shit, but I've still written nearly 2m words, and I'm not stopping.

The more I write this, the sadder it gets, right? Right?

Verdante

Mine’s tradition vs change. Certain arcs focus on a different look at this theme.

Here’s a few of mine:

‘How badly do things need to go for someone to accept what worked for them doesn’t anymore?’

‘What happens when you change too quickly and reject the system that got you where you are?’

The goal is to understand the advantages and disadvantages of both and get the main characters to pick what blend of tradition & change works for them.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
The supernatural case of an accidental time traveler
Book 1: trauma and coping mechanisms
Book 2: regret, Self-loathing, and forgiveness
Book 3: obsession, acceptance, and unhealthy relationships
Book 4: don't drug/fuck your siblings!
Book 5: discovering oneself/imposter syndrome, experiencing loss, and how not to cope with the loss of a loved one
Book 6: the pros and cons of brutal warfare, PTSD, and asking if we're the baddies
Book 7: you need a break every now and then, going back to work after a vacation represented with violence, and experiencing loss 2: electric boogaloo
Book 8: not sure, gotta reread it.

MatchaChocolate69

Your Favorite Villain
All of your themes are very interesting and positive, I envy you.
For the most part, my recurring themes are existentialism, and greed, an insatiable hunger for something more, and eternal dissatisfaction.
But I always try to integrate multiple themes and usually assign one to each character that revolves around the MC.

JackJohnJackson

Finding happiness in a flawed world and how much of a fight uphill it can be is the main one, followed by generational trauma and it's trickle-down effects making that fight much harder.

Though that also leads into a much broader one of clinging to and idolising the past is a miserable experience that just creates an environment for people in power to endlessly exploit for their own greed and selfishness, looping back to that struggle to find a way to be happy in it.

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
The duality and contradictory of humanity is the overarching theme of my novel.

wresch

Strength, weakness, the struggle to do what is right. Bravery. A woman is put in a terrible position yet tries to do the best she can for herself and others.

Attachments

• 0037321-9b9d71de-705c-488d-9666-a2999061bd20.jpg
    0037321-9b9d71de-705c-488d-9666-a2999061bd20.jpg
    905.2 KB · Views: 9

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
"The gap between who you are and who you want to be" and "forging your own path".

Lysander_Works

That's a tough one to fit in with Overlap. The theme of the story as it flows is usually inspecific, though for a great length of time, both characters have existential questions about the composition of subjective reality, and how easy it is to influence. Is it wrong to be crazy but happy, or most rational yet defeated by the harshness of the most rational perception?

Most times, Reed and Lumina are just weaving through life, trying to forge more meaning out of temporary existence. Some moments are as happy as can be, while others are deprived of all hope. Indeed, despite all that makes their lives totally unusual from the rest of the world, both Reed and Lumina are still people, individuals capable of all manner of feeling and experience, and so, this is as close to reality as you are going to get, a slice-of-life insignificant to most, but most significant to these two souls.

Sylver

I got several in my world :blob_gift:

- People are more than they appear at first glance
- Romance can occur even in the most unlikely of ways
- Love and friendship builds strength and unity
- The world is not black and white
- Be loyal to what matters most to you