Scribble Hub Forum

Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
My family was the same way. Just keep doing what you enjoy and don't bring it up with them.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
here's the thing: i want to share my hobby with the family, or at least my passion with them. they won't read my stuff, that's for sure, but is some parental appreciation for your son's heart and soul too much to ask? i know they don't really approve of my drawings already, so why not just this once?
Reactions: Agentt
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
I feel the same way man. Though sometimes you have to wait it out until they are ready to appreciate your passion. It's not too much to ask but sometimes you need to be patient and hope that they see your enjoyment in it eventually.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
i know that, this is just that repressed feeling spilling out every once in a while.

i have the Halo 3 ODST soundtrack playing in the BG, maybe that's why I'm getting pussy feelings in here.
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
That would do it. Though stay strong and do what you love.
greyblob
greyblob
that wont work because they won't understand i. try saying something like "I have X numbers of people reading my stuff" or "My novel got X number of views"
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
I tried that once but all they responded with was "And how much money have you made off that?" Don't know if Benj's family will be the same but it's worth a shot.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
you think i haven't taken that route before?
greyblob
greyblob
well I'm sorry to hear that. even though we're from very different cultures, that mindset you described is very common and I've heard of similar things from some of my friends as well. keep on trudging brother
T.K._Paradox
T.K._Paradox
I feel your pain Ben.
SakeVision
SakeVision
I see, so now I know how old you are.

17-22
Agentt
Agentt
Sake, refer to the trench coat theory.

And as for that, my family actually loves hearing about it, sure they say the study bit too though, basically, they just want to hear a big number, both in reader count an marks
T.K._Paradox
T.K._Paradox
I love how 'Trenchcoat Theory' is actually becoming solidified.
greyblob
greyblob
what's that?
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
The theory that Ben is actually 3 or more different aged people that take turns on the forum. Which is why none of us can accurately guess his age.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
we are furiously masturbating in public thanks to how thick this trenchcoat is
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
Wait... Which one is jacking off which? Because depending on the answer, you'll need to turn yourself in to the police.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
why don't you become an accomplice and find out, pussy
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
I don't think I need to become an accomplice to find out.
Agentt
Agentt
There's the 12 year old, so I assume there is no need to call the authorities.

Also, just wait till your semester's over, and bombard them with a huge monologue of plots of your stories