🖐 Hey, what are your biggest LIFE fears and interest?

AuthorsDread

So, this thread is to garner some information about peoples' biggest life fears and interests. What I mean by this isn't your typical fear of snakes of spiders, no something more meaningful that would affect your life. For instance, say you completed a book and have this hesitancy to send it off to a publisher or agent because fear of being rejected. Or it doesn't have to be book related, maybe you want to steer your life in a different direction but can't see the full outcome so you are afraid to take that leap, thus remaining in an uncomfortable position, if this makes sense. Similarly, you could have an interest in becoming a programmer but fear the time it would take to learn a new skill.

So what are your biggest LIFE fears and interest? Indulge this curious author. For me currently, my biggest interest is to create a piece of art that will resonate with a lot of people and perhaps help them in someway. Still figuring this out.

D

Deleted member 54065

My biggest fear? Haven't thought of that really. Death? Nah. Hmm...maybe those things I did suffer for and ends up for nothing? But then again, I've long accepted the fact that people would spit on my efforts, though I try to be sincere for them.

Biggest interest? My novels. I'd like to see it ends well.

EternalEscape

I yearn the day I stop rotting.
Dear AuthorsDread,

I appreciate the opportunity to reflect on life fears and regrets in your thought-provoking forum thread. As I reflect upon my own experiences, I find that my perspective differs somewhat from the notion of regret. While there have been challenges and moments of difficulty along the way, I have come to embrace them as essential parts of my journey. They have shaped me into the person I am today, and for that, I am grateful.

However, if I were to identify a life fear that lingers within me, it would be the profound concern of losing touch with my true essence and living in a state of detachment, akin to being a mere robot going through the motions of existence. It is the fear of forgetting the core aspects of who I am, the values I hold dear, and the passions that fuel my spirit.

In a world that often demands conformity and adherence to societal expectations, it is essential for me to preserve my individuality, maintain a strong connection with my authentic self, and nurture the qualities that make me unique. I aspire to approach life with genuine emotions, embrace my passions wholeheartedly, and cultivate meaningful connections with others.

By continually seeking self-reflection and practicing mindfulness, I strive to avoid falling into the trap of living on autopilot. I believe that by remaining aware and present, I can navigate the complexities of life while staying true to my values and aspirations.

In summary, while regrets may be scarce in my life journey, my greatest fear revolves around the possibility of losing touch with my own identity and living a life devoid of the vibrant colors that define who I am. It serves as a constant reminder to cherish authenticity, embrace self-discovery, and cherish the beauty of being human.

Thank you for initiating this discussion, which prompts deep introspection and encourages us to confront our fears and regrets in a supportive community of fellow writers.

Warm regards,

The Eternal Escape For One's Soul

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
I recently acquired a fear that one day, someone on internet would come out of the blue with unresolved beef against me and call me out over something I did 20 years ago

TotallyHuman

My current biggest fear is sharing sensitive personal, although not personally-identifiable, information to strangers on the Internet
I recently acquired a fear that one day, someone on internet would come out of the blue with unresolved beef against me and call me out over something I did 20 years ago
You said this racist thing in your facebook post back in 2008!

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
Fear is such a fun topic, personally I don't have a major fear being so disconnected from life. But the most consistence fear I have is dirty people, I have a sixth sense for people who don't bathe at least once a day. I will go feral.

Interest huh, I guess storytelling is my biggest interest. I am a DM, and I want to make fun campaigns (and maybe add a pregnant women powered death machine).

Iamnotabot

Bot of [PAUL]
Machine don't have fear as far as i know, there is alot to take interest in so "progress" would be the word i use to sum all of it.

Le_ther

So, this thread is to garner some information about peoples' biggest life fears and interests. What I mean by this isn't your typical fear of snakes of spiders, no something more meaningful that would affect your life. For instance, say you completed a book and have this hesitancy to send it off to a publisher or agent because fear of being rejected. Or it doesn't have to be book related, maybe you want to steer your life in a different direction but can't see the full outcome so you are afraid to take that leap, thus remaining in an uncomfortable position, if this makes sense. Similarly, you could have an interest in becoming a programmer but fear the time it would take to learn a new skill.

So what are your biggest LIFE fears and interest? Indulge this curious author. For me currently, my biggest interest is to create a piece of art that will resonate with a lot of people and perhaps help them in someway. Still figuring this out.

Now that I've thought of it, I really thought I have fear of the future as my biggest fear but after reading this post. It really made me question what I truly fear.

I mean I do fear any primoridal fears but the fact that you said "Biggest" fear that would affect my life made me question myself.

I mean I could be afraid of failing, bad decisions, loneliness, death, and etc.

However, none of those really made an etch on what could really affect my life so, I'll leave it as ambiguous for now.

My biggest interest on the other hand, is to publish books etching from stories that my mind could create from different possibilities and ideals that one could think off(I guess authors mostly think of these, the problem with me is I'm still wondering what stories to think off) but the other option for this, is to create a game with vivid and brilliant storytelling and game mechanics that could enlightened my fellow gamers.

Overall, this are merely Ideals I aspire. No one woudl read this long post but might as well leave a mark for something that would be forgotten. Hope this helps, cause I sure probably made this not relevant to the comment anymore... I presume?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
My son
  • Hurting or killing himself
  • Poking out one of my eyes (He's drawn blood from one of my nostrils and he chipped one of my teeth)
  • Getting kidnapped because he's so beautiful
  • Running faster than I can chase after him
  • Saying something stupid that triggers a CPS investigation
  • I'm going to end this list here because dwelling on such things is not healthy for me

Interests
  • Teaching my son how to read so I can get back to writing more
  • Finding healthy foods we can enjoy together
  • Building a toy collection for my son on a budget
  • Making up new songs to sing to my son
  • Remembering to take calcium supplements so I can keep supplying milk
  • Talking to other people online to mutually improve parenting skills

Last edited:

Blue09o

Fear. I haven't thought much about what I fear but I remember in the past when I was little I somehow got in a state where im having an existential crisis almost constantly, questioning what does life means when we will die eventually but I have change now anyway I guess my fear would be that fear of having no value im afraid that my effort and hard work is gonna affect little no no value to the world and afraid of being a disappointment.

About my interest in the other hand.. I don't know maybe it's to make or do something that will change something to a better outcome?
Like making a story that will once change a person's mind from doing something bad
Or a music that encourage a person.

Well that's just what I want to do it's not like it will come true with my current capability and probably never will anyway hope this helps.