1st POV or 3rd POV

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Depends on whether you want to show the MCs thoughts and ideas as part of the commentary.

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
I swap between the two, sometimes thinking about using 2nd

Reinaislost

Miss Direction
which is better for beginner

It depends on the type of story you want to tell, but consistency is key regardless of the chosen perspective.

For writing in 1st person, the connection between the reader and character is more intimate and straightforward, and as such, new authors generally find it easier due to the narrative focus remaining on a single person.

3rd person limited allows for a more objective viewpoint, but narration is still limited to the perspective of one character. This can make it challenging for new authors to find the narrator's voice, but in exchange, it offers greater flexibility in storytelling.

Writing in third-person omniscient can be tricky, as the constant shifting of prespective could be confusing and disorienting to readers. I personally do not recommend it. However, if you want to, do it with careful consideration.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
1st. You get access to an exclusive set of pronouns like I. Makes it easier to distinguish between the MC and other characters.

For example:

She held her hands in her own, unable to hold back her tears.

turns to

I held her hands in my own, unable to hold back my tears.

It's a bit clearer, right? Now, an experienced writer could get around that without trouble, but this is easier for new writers. So 1st, all the way.