Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

ZynGrand

The Winds Of Change Will Erode All Things.
Prison Guard
Sponsor
: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Spend the day guarding a prisoner.
Explanation:
Looking for more boring work? There are various vagabonds in the prison, and they need to be watched. It shouldn’t be too dangerous... well, as long as nothing goes wrong.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 50
  • Money: 10G

Small man in chains.

The chains were pretty.

Chains rusty and weak.

Fixed all the Chains.

Man was quite funny.

Loud and very funny.

He danced and sang.

A nearby guard laughed.

Did real good job.

FenrIIrz

Small man in chains.

The chains were pretty.

Chains rusty and weak.

Fixed all the Chains.

Man was quite funny.

Loud and very funny.

He danced and sang.

A nearby guard laughed.

Did real good job.
Gotta say that I love this guy. Not a long arse report I needed to read for the entire afternoon. Hm. A weird prisoner.

*stamps*

Final Rewards:
Note: Send someone to check the prisoner. He might have brain damage or something else. Gives information about his crime to the guild.

ZynGrand

The Winds Of Change Will Erode All Things.
Missing Children
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Locate a missing child and reunite them with their family.
Explanation:
What? You want to see the missing persons list? Well... sure. Some of them might just be kids who ran away from home, but it's dangerous out there. If you could find one of them, it would really help.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 110
  • Money: 40G

A small child missing.

Somewhere in the town.

Searched for long time.

Felt a Death Kiss.

Found the small child.

Smiling and held animal.

Took small child back.

Gave to the parents.

The parents screamed loudly.

They really scared me.

Set down every bone.

Ran because they're scary.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in the City of Scribel.
  • Bring back 10 slime cores.
Explanation:
Slimes are a pest in Scribel, and they end up in all sorts of weird places. While they aren’t exactly dangerous, they can slowly erode structures and damage buildings over time. They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff. Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 75
Quest Report - Solet' Luna

After the first time doing the quest, I got my hand on some gelatin-like substance from the other adventurers who invented something interesting. While waiting for our new clothes to arrive (the last set of clothing was damaged by slimes, so we were using the spared one right now ), I've experimented on the substance to research about the working of slimes' inner body.

Aside from the core, the rest of the slime was filled with acid-like liquid that would melt and digest everything it touches. Everything, aside from its outer membrane and the core, is composed entirely in liquid. If not for its instinctual behaviour, I would have concluded that it is mindless or even just an inanimate object reacting to the surrounding.

Now that my interested is piqued, I accepted the quest to hunt some more slimes and brought back some more cores. During the hunt, I managed to confirm some of my assumptions. Namely, the outer membrane of the slimes could be healed back, but the leaked liquid would not regenerate without any necessary resource ( anything that it could digest. ), and, without the core, the slime would not function and explode into a pile of acid. Lastly, its liquid could melt most things, but the stronger the material, the longer it needed to completely dissolve it. With every additional mass gained from the eating, the slimes would grow bigger and its colour darkened. The only thing that remained the same was its core.

From what I've gathered, we only needed to crack its core to disrupt its bodily function and its membrane would rupture in a matter of seconds. And, if we added enough salt into its body ( increasing its density ), the slimes would eventually burst open due to its inability to resist the pressure done by the high-density substance.

Disclaimer: This experimentation might be wronged, as it was only done to the green slime, the lowest tier of slime within its evolution ladder. And, with the mysterious property of Mana, the unique force of each world, maybe the laws and logic of my previous world are not compatible with it.

Quest Objective: 27 slimes cores and even more fragmented cores due to failed experiments.

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer

A small child missing.

Somewhere in the town.

Searched for long time.

Felt a Death Kiss.

Found the small child.

Smiling and held animal.

Took small child back.

Gave to the parents.

The parents screamed loudly.

They really scared me.

Set down every bone.

Ran because they're scary.
Ahh, so you're that presence that I felt during my Night Watch mission. A very interesting presence... Ahem, let focus on the evaluation first, or else that fox girl would scold me again...

Oh, a Death Kiss? You're getting more and more interesting. Anyway, although the child died, the quest arguably did not mention the condition of the child, so technically, you completed it, right? If you're going to thanks me, just let me have some of your, um, substance? To experiment with.

Don't worry, I'll go comfort the family for you, but I'll have to deduct some of your coins due to the rules.

Rewards: 110 EXP, 35 G

FenrIIrz

Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in the City of Scribel.
  • Bring back 10 slime cores.
Explanation:
Slimes are a pest in Scribel, and they end up in all sorts of weird places. While they aren’t exactly dangerous, they can slowly erode structures and damage buildings over time. They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff. Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!

Rewards:
Quest Report - Solet' Luna

After the first time doing the quest, I got my hand on some gelatin-like substance from the other adventurers who invented something interesting. While waiting for our new clothes to arrive (the last set of clothing was damaged by slimes, so we were using the spared one right now ), I've experimented on the substance to research about the working of slimes' inner body.

Aside from the core, the rest of the slime was filled with acid-like liquid that would melt and digest everything it touches. Everything, aside from its outer membrane and the core, is composed entirely in liquid. If not for its instinctual behaviour, I would have concluded that it is mindless or even just an inanimate object reacting to the surrounding.

Now that my interested is piqued, I accepted the quest to hunt some more slimes and brought back some more cores. During the hunt, I managed to confirm some of my assumptions. Namely, the outer membrane of the slimes could be healed back, but the leaked liquid would not regenerate without any necessary resource ( anything that it could digest. ), and, without the core, the slime would not function and explode into a pile of acid. Lastly, its liquid could melt most things, but the stronger the material, the longer it needed to completely dissolve it. With every additional mass gained from the eating, the slimes would grow bigger and its colour darkened. The only thing that remained the same was its core.

From what I've gathered, we only needed to crack its core to disrupt its bodily function and its membrane would rupture in a matter of seconds. And, if we added enough salt into its body ( increasing its density ), the slimes would eventually burst open due to its inability to resist the pressure done by the high-density substance.

Disclaimer: This experimentation might be wronged, as it was only done to the green slime, the lowest tier of slime within its evolution ladder. And, with the mysterious property of Mana, the unique force of each world, maybe the laws and logic of my previous world are not compatible with it.

Quest Objective: 27 slimes cores and even more fragmented cores due to failed experiments.
Hnn. Thank you for the report. I'm sure that your research will be benefits for people out there.

*stamps*

Here your rewards.

Bochi

Whilst waiting to start on her next assignment, Vicious decided to help herself to one of the reports sent in by the others, so she started looking. It didn't take long before the small child with a slime caught her interest. She picked up the report.
Quest Report - Okarin

Several days later, Okarin was sitting outside of the city, huddling underneath the shade of a large misshapen rock. It was pouring outside; and the ground was drenched with mud and puddles of water.

It was also cold.

The rain made everything seem much colder.

Okarin hadn't gone back to the city in nearly a week.

It took a lot of time to regenerate mass, and until they reached a certain size, Okarin wasn't able to take a human form. The slime situation in the city hadn't gotten that much better, and if anything people were paying more attention to slimes than ever before. Among the general public, it was a mixture of apprehension, confusion, hatred, fear, ambivalence, conspiracy theories, and everything in between. There were whispers about the slime hoard, mutant slimes underneath the city, and evil alchemists experimenting on slimes.

Humans were scary when they were scared.

Okarin spotted some children running around beating slimes with sticks.

The neighborhood cheered when they killed some.

+ + +

Someone was selling slimes at the market, so Okarin had purchased one.

They actually had extremely conflicted feelings about this.

Was it... really okay to do this...?

The torrential downpour was almost deafening, and currently Okarin was huddled next to the pillow-sized dark green slime that Okarin had "bought" for a meager 20G — the entirety of all their savings.

Only yesterday, Okarin had finally collected enough mass to transform into a "chibi" human form. Currently, they were no larger than a small child, and the green slime was nearly half of Okarin's size. With the two of them sitting next to each other, the green slime looked far bigger than it was in reality — like an extremely oversized dango plushie.

At the present moment, the green slime was happily munching on grass, not giving a single fuck that it was getting rained on.

Okarin stared at the slime, silently watching it eat.

They wished they could ask how it felt.

Was it wrong for slimes to be bought and sold?

They wanted to ask... what should Okarin do?

However, Green Slime seemed to only care about munching on food. That was pretty much all it ever thought about. It was really quite a glutton, even for a slime. Perhaps that was why it was so big. Okarin had never seen a Herb Slime that was so oversized.

Okarin trembled slightly and sneezed from the ambient cold.

It was really damp here.

+ + +

Eventually, Okarin felt as if their toes were going to freeze off — especially in this human transformation.

They stood up and finally decided to go back to the city... even if that was the scary place where Okarin didn't exactly want to be.

It took a good half hour of difficult coaxing, but eventually Okarin managed to get Green Slime to move from its grazing spot. They started walking back to the city — although half of it was it was Okarin struggling to tug the uncooperative Green Slime along and wobbling under the enormous weight from carrying it.

They must have been an implausible and ridiculous sight to behold.

A drenched muddy six-year-old girl hauling a large dark green slime nearly as big as her into the city.

The guard at the gate almost stopped Okarin.

"What? I'm not allowed to bring my pet slime back into the city?" Okarin complained with their chibi voice. "I'm cold. It's raining outside."

"..." The guard struggled to find something to say.

The guard ended up letting them go, and Okarin ignored the stares as they made their way through the city streets.

Okarin made straight for the city temple.

They almost made it all the way through the front entrance before one of the priestesses stopped them.

"Oh my goodness, little girl, where do you think you are going? With that... thing...?"

The priestess looked disgusted. Okarin was covered with mud and grime from sleeping outside of the city for a whole week. Green Slime was drooping into a sagging half-puddle, clearly unmotivated and dissatisfied from being dragged away from its tasty grass meal outside of the city.

"I'm here for the temple," Okarin replied.

"Where is your mother?! By the holy light, are you out of your mind?! Put that... thing... down! It's dangerous! Slimes are absolutely not something a young girl should be playing with!"

"It's not going to hurt me. It's not going to hurt anyone."

"They are unclean! Unholy! Get rid of it immediately!"

"...Unholy...?"

"Go away! I don't have time for dirty street kids! We're busy healing patients here!"

The priestess raised her voice angrily and almost slammed the door to the temple entrance.

However, another robed individual appeared from behind the threshold and suddenly intervened in the scene.

"Sister Maya, is there a problem?" The voice was deep and masculine.

"Brother Jaune, it is nothing of concern. Just another homeless child."

"Does the child want food? Perhaps there are still some leftover scraps from the kitchen?"

"If you feed them one time, you know they'll keep coming back. And there will be more of them next time. Our first priority to heal our patients. It is a genuine pity, but we cannot help everyone. Sometimes if you try to aid everyone, you ironically save no one."

"...I see... that's how you feel."

"If you'll excuse me, Brother Jaune, I have patients waiting for me."

"May the holy light bless you, Sister Maya."

"And you too, Brother Jaune."

The priestess disappeared into the corridors. Meanwhile, the monk poked his head out of the front door and finally got a good look at Okarin. There was a soft expression to his wrinkly face.

"Why, hello there, little one." His voice was kind, and the monk crouched down to the same height as Okarin. "Are you hungry?"

Okarin blinked a few times, and then peered back into the dark corridor where the priestess had vanished into.

"No, I'm not." Okarin responded factually and truthfully. "However, I am a little cold. And wet. And muddy."

The male priest chuckled in response. "I see. So you're not hungry. I suppose I was mistaken."

"That lady did not like me very much."

"Sister Maya and I... have our disagreements. Please do not mind it."

"The lady said that slimes are unholy... so... are slimes unholy?"

The monk reached out a hand and gently patted little Okarin on the head. The man did not seem bothered by the fact that Okarin was covered with mud, twigs, and other filth.

"There are many faiths in the universe. While this is one of the largest Temples in the city, we are not the House for any one single religion. Many faiths share these walls. We may have different beliefs, and we may have our many disagreements, but we are united in our purpose seeking the good of humanity. Together, we rise with the collective power of our many faiths."

"Many faiths?"

"Yes, many faiths. Sister Maya worships a different religion than myself, and she also comes from a different world than my own. However, I assure you that her intentions are good, even if she might sound harsh today."

"What does your god say about slimes?"

The male priest laughed again.

"You really like slimes, don't you? Child, in my faith, we say that it is never wrong to love. It doesn't matter who it is. You are never wrong to love them. Sometimes, loving another can even be the hardest thing."

"Mister Priest, I want to help at the temple. I saw a quest at the Adventurer's Guild that said the temple is looking for more healers."

The man raised an eyebrow.

"This slime—" Okarin gestured at Green Slime, "—is really good at healing. It's really friendly. And nice. We can help."

The monk furrowed their brow upon hearing this.

They seemed to be thinking about something.

"Little Miss, I understand that you wish to help, and I bless you dearly for your kind heart."

The man paused. "However, I cannot allow your slime to assist us. It would scare the patients, as many of clients are traumatized by monsters. I do not think it would help the patients to terrify them witless, even if what you say is true. Do you understand what I am saying?"

Okarin was silent at that point.

"I'm sorry. I truly am." The priest was apologetic.

"It's okay. I understand."

"May the holy light bless you. I wish you a good evening."

With a wry smile, he shut the door.

It was still raining outside.

--------------

OOC: :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: I wrote another sob story. :blob_no::blob_no::blob_no: I do too much of this kind of thing! Sorry for failing another quest again! :blob_upset: For some reason, I feel like I start a quest in my head and it fails more often than it succeeds. I did, however, try to add some lore that the temple is multi-faith.

She wanted to mark the task as complete. She really did. But sadly, it was anything but, and there were rules. Thus, she could only stoop down until she was eye level with the child, and reached out a tentative hand to pat, shaking her head.

"...I'm sorry, little one. Don't give up."

FenrIIrz

Reported by Vicious
As a wise woman once said: It is better to charge ahead than to hold back. Victory comes to the bold.

"Like hell it is! Whomever said that better not let me catch them!"

It was about midday by her estimates, but instead of enjoying the sunlight like a normal person on the surface, Vicious was currently underground.

As to why she was underground, she would never admit it, but since she heard that slimes were dangerous if kept unchecked, the young girl had been making it a habit to kill some every now and then. The extra swings came in as good practice, after all.

"But still, it doesn't stink as bad as I thought it would...not that anyone would willingly live here regardless."

Sticking her head into a small nook tucked away, Vicious quickly ate her words. There was a crumpled, dirty blanket on the floor, coupled with a few small bones (rats, she reckoned), as well as some scraps.

"Maybe this place is a haven for the homeless. Who knows? The local animal population don't seem too threatening if left alone."

Now that she had found one, Vicious kept a careful eye out as she navigated the tunnels of the sewers, and as the flames of her torch flickered, she spotted a few more similar crannies. With similar contents inside, but no occupants.

"Alright, people live down here...and they've just gone out to lunch, that's all...I wish."

*Scribbling*

The pencil traced lines on the paper, after which the girl folded and kept both with a sigh, continuing on.

"Sometimes I wish my nose wasn't as good."

About ten minutes of following her nose, Vicious ended up finding the source by complete accident; who knew entire sections of the wall was moveable? She had tripped over discarded planks and was bracing for the impact of her face meeting the stone wall. Instead it had given way and she crashed into the hidden section---right into the person who was sitting down, knocking him down a flight of stairs.

Ow, ow, ow. My nose.

Grumbling, she dusted herself off and slowly made her way to the fallen person, who was also in the process of getting up, and held up a hand. She also held the torch closer to get a good peek of the face.

"Aiiiiiiiiie!"

For some reason, the shady-looking person with a mask covering half his face screamed, and promptly fainted. Vicious raised an eyebrow.

"Well, there's that...oh, so this is the source."

Dumped on the table was half a person, with the ribs exposed and the heart removed, dripping blood all over the floor...the girl thanked the heavens her breakfast that morning had been light, and that the room was dim.

"What else, what else...oh, this knife isn't too bad. I'll take it. And some sort of map with detailed markings, plus some sort of pendant, hmm...fancy circle on the floor too."

In the end the girl shrugged, tying up the fainted person whilst tucking the dragon-claw-shaped emblem into her pocket. She had no idea if it was interesting or not, but it was worth turning in and seeing.

She also had absolutely no idea that her face was splattered in blood.
*stamps*

Alright. Now we got a murdurer out there stealing someone hearts. Dispatch someone to get those items!

EXP: 75

FenrIIrz

Report for Quest: Slime Subjugation
Sponsor

Name: Randell Stephenson
Method of completion:
Hunting slimes as an alchemist comes with its own unique advantage and disadvantage. For one, the smell of sewers and other disgusting places that slimes find themselves in does not bother an alchemist as much as the typical layman. They have to get used to odd smells over time, considering the variety of ingredients and odd reactions they must deal with. The problem comes from the fact that alchemists can no longer rely on typical methods of attack, such as poisons or acids. So, slime hunting is rather unsuitable for most alchemists. That is, unless you know how to do it right.
To kill the slimes, I used bottles.
I got close to a slime while holding a bottle with tongs (from my alchemical equipment). You swipe the bottle through the slime, quick as you can, and try to get the core. Even if you miss, you can just dump out the slime afterwards. Once you get the core, there will still be a bit of slime left in the bottle. This can be fixed by filtering the slime out afterwards. It's a rather effective method of harvesting their cores while keeping them as intact as possible.
I decided to keep some of the leftover slime for myself. Though unclean, it is a weak acid and I may be able to purify it and use it for other methods.
As a result, I have filled three of my empty bottles with dirty slime.
Quest Items Given: 10 slime cores
Just another slime quest. Becareful about that slime you have though. We don't want a complaint about someone splashing acid substance around.

Money: 10G

Bochi

Pixie Problem
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Prevent pixies from stealing from the Guild storeroom for one week.
Explanation:
The Adventurer's Guild is known to have a pixie problem -- small little mischievous fae who love to steal things. They tend to appear when nobody is looking, and then they raid our pantry! Most pixies seem to have a heavy sweet tooth, and it always seems like we're missing sugar and cookies. They're notoriously difficult to catch... so what should we do?

Rewards:
  • EXP: 120
  • Items: A bag of cookies
Reported by Vicious
"Hmm, simple enough. I'll take this one."

The girl was outside the storeroom in question, staring at the exterior with one hand on her chin.

To harm fae, it is actually quite simple. Cold, unforged iron in it's purest form. It doesn't have to be a lot, either; a coin forged of old iron is enough to deter tiny fae like pixies. However, the objective is to dissuade, not to kill, so there's no need to go overboard this time. A little bit will do.

As Vicious started about her task, the feeling of deja-vu struck her, much to her surprise. It wasn't her first time dealing with the Fair Folk, but the feeling of catching a fae...

Why do I feel like I know exactly what to do?

Whilst the girl's mind thought about the question deeply, her body moved by itself, guided by something she did not understand. Something like experience that she did not yet have.

Locating all the obvious entry points, then starting to hunt for any holes in the walls, floor and ceiling. She found a tiny hollow in one of the walls---not big enough for a human hand, but just possibly wide enough for a fae to slip through.

"Looking good."

The crack was closed by sticking an old iron coin over it, and she had left similar coins around the doors and windows. On the floor, Vicious had carefully poured out a circle of salt that enveloped several shelves of items. As for the cabinets and containers outside the circle, she had replaced the wooden handles with iron ones. Then she liberally sprinkled the surfaces with salt.

Looking around, everything seemed in place. She nodded in great satisfaction, then pulled out pen and paper and left a note.

[The iron should easily keep out lesser fae. Be careful when moving goods and don't remove the coins; faeries dislike cold iron and will avoid places with them, but I've added a salt circle for added protection. If the problems intensify, then get some grave dirt from a sanctified ground and bury them around the storeroom.]

Satisfied, Vicious left.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Reported by Vicious
"Hmm, simple enough. I'll take this one."

The girl was outside the storeroom in question, staring at the exterior with one hand on her chin.

To harm fae, it is actually quite simple. Cold, unforged iron in it's purest form. It doesn't have to be a lot, either; a coin forged of old iron is enough to deter tiny fae like pixies. However, the objective is to dissuade, not to kill, so there's no need to go overboard this time. A little bit will do.

As Vicious started about her task, the feeling of deja-vu struck her, much to her surprise. It wasn't her first time dealing with the Fair Folk, but the feeling of catching a fae...

Why do I feel like I know exactly what to do?

Whilst the girl's mind thought about the question deeply, her body moved by itself, guided by something she did not understand. Something like experience that she did not yet have.

Locating all the obvious entry points, then starting to hunt for any holes in the walls, floor and ceiling. She found a tiny hollow in one of the walls---not big enough for a human hand, but just possibly wide enough for a fae to slip through.

"Looking good."

The crack was closed by sticking an old iron coin over it, and she had left similar coins around the doors and windows. On the floor, Vicious had carefully poured out a circle of salt that enveloped several shelves of items. As for the cabinets and containers outside the circle, she had replaced the wooden handles with iron ones. Then she liberally sprinkled the surfaces with salt.

Looking around, everything seemed in place. She nodded in great satisfaction, then pulled out pen and paper and left a note.

[The iron should easily keep out lesser fae. Be careful when moving goods and don't remove the coins; faeries dislike cold iron and will avoid places with them, but I've added a salt circle for added protection. If the problems intensify, then get some grave dirt from a sanctified ground and bury them around the storeroom.]

Satisfied, Vicious left.
Now, now, what is this? Another fascinating fact? Well, well. Look like Solet is going to be digging up some dirt today.

Anyway, although your method is interesting and is needed to be expanded upon, I can see that you did not wait to see the result of your work and that there is no evidence to suggest that the objective is satisfied.

Let say, we put this report on hold and let you bring in some evidence or stay at the storage until the duration of the quest is up? For now, I would have to give you a failed evaluation, but things can change, just come back when the duration is over. How is it?

Evaluation Score: On-hold ( Awaiting verification, treated as Failed until the process of verification was completed. )

Devils.Advocate

An objectionable existence
Exploration and Scouting
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Obtain any information that is worthwhile for the city to know.
Explanation:
The Scribel Adventurer's Guild will pay for any information that is worthwhile. Did you did you discover a band of goblins? Did you discover a new area? Do you have new and novel information that we didn't know before? Tell us what you have, and we might reward you!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 0 - 75
  • Money: 10 - 50G
Character:Omni (Level 1) (EXP 75) (Money 40)
Quest: Exploration and Scouting

Hey Hey, I am here to submit another scouting report!

*salutes*

How are you, receptionist person? Isn't it a great day to be a human!

So yesterday... or was it the day before? I was getting hungry again, so I decided to take another quest! For money. for food coz that's normal.

This time I ventured north, I know I know Demons boar and bears and all that, but it's fine I was really careful... And when I chanced upon a demon and it growled at me I growled back with all my mouths- I mean with my single mouth, then it just left me alone.

See, I did all my safe beast-handling training lessons from the School of Totally Legit Beastmasters, I spent 10 gold getting that qualification ya know!

Anyway, I follow the river north and I found the port city of Spire Reef. It like all rich and stuff have all these ships going in and out all the time.

Apparently, its called Spire Reef because it got all these spikey stones in the sea around it. I don't know how ships manage to dock without crashing. But there it was all the ships weaved around the spikes, and avoid all the other ships, It was really cool!

So after running around the city a bit, and I ate some stuff. Then I came back.

How far? ERrrr..... OneeeTwooooo THreeeeeeeee.... day'sss ...I mean.... ermmm almost a week's journey maybe?

I mean how fast can a human run anyway?

Ah ha haha...

*pulls open collar and wipes sweat off head*

Oh yeah!

On my way back, I found this camp along the river and I met these three really funny dudes. At first, they were really surprised I showed up. But then they asked me this really weird question. One of them said, "Your Money or your Life!?"

That's a weird thing to ask, right?

I didn't really want money. Since I was on my way to make some anyway, and I didn't really want to kill them. Coz I wasn't all that hungry on account on I just ate.

SO I said, " No, thanks, I am good, you can keep both your money and your lives"

Then they just started laughing, so laughed with them.

heheheh...
I still don't know what the joke is...

But I think they must really want me to take their lives, coz they started running towards me swinging their weapons around and shooting arrows at me...It really hurts when I get hit so I had to stop them!

And I thought: if they want me to take their lives so badly I might as well. But after a bit, they must have changed their minds because they kept saying. "Please No!" and " Stop! Stop! Help!" One of them even said "Monster!Monster!"

I looked around and I didn't see any monsters. Eventually, they couldn't move anymore, and I was also a bit tired and was a bit hungry.

In the end, I didn't know if these dudes want me to kill them or not, so I just met them halfway. Didn't take their lives or their money but I did take some of their stuff.

*opens sack*

Like this leather tunic and this dagger... some travel rations...

*other things start to fall out*

ERm... Oh! there is this, the hand of the guy with the bow... there are the eyes of the man with the big axe... and this is bits of the leg of the speedy one with the dagger...

AH those guys, I wonder what they are doing now... I hope they finally make up their mind and find someone to take their money or lives...

Anyway... Do you want these? I don't need them... right now... But... I could keep them.... for later...

Last edited:

gallantkun

Collect Firewood
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Collect a large load of firewood.
Explanation:
It is always good to stockpile firewood in case of an emergency. Please go out into the forest and bring back as much firewood as you can. Beware of what lurks in the forest, though.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 60

"Firewoods, huh." Kail muttered as he read the quest paper. 'I have been stuck inside Guild for too long and I need to stretch out my stiff muscle.'

I headed to the nearest forest to the north of Scribel City immediately.

I knew that the North Forest is incredibly huge but I only want to collect some firewoods at the periphery of the forest. So, there is no need to put myself into unnecessary danger.

After 2 hours of rummaging the forest floor, I managed to gather a lot of firewoods. While sorting out the usable firewoods, I would see a group of herb slime jumping around eating leaves. As long as you didn't disturb them, they are quite harmless.

As I separating the dried firewoods from the wet one, I heard loud growl deep in the forest. Shoot, there was a beast heading towards me.

I immediately packed up all the usable firewoods and ran to the city.

I entered the Guild and waited for my quest to be evaluated. Umm, can someone send a scout to the North Forest? It will be quite dangerous for low-level adventurers like me to finish up the quest if there is a strong beast wandering near the forest border.

Last edited:

FenrIIrz

Character: Omni (Level 1) (EXP 75) (Money 40)
Quest: Exploration and Scouting

Hey Hey, I am here to submit another scouting report!

*salutes*

How are you, receptionist person? Isn't it a great day to be a human!

So yesterday... or was it the day before? I was getting hungry again, so I decided to take another quest! For money. for food coz that's normal.

This time I ventured north, I know I know Demons boar and bears and all that, but it's fine I was really careful... And when I chanced upon a demon and it growled at me I growled back with all my mouths- I mean with my single mouth, then it just left me alone.

See, I did all my safe beast-handling training lessons from the School of Totally Legit Beastmasters, I spent 10 gold getting that qualification ya know!

Anyway, I follow the river north and I found the port city of Spire Reef. It like all rich and stuff have all these ships going in and out all the time.

Apparently, its called Spire Reef because it got all these spikey stones in the sea around it. I don't know how ships manage to dock without crashing. But there it was all the ships weaved around the spikes, and avoid all the other ships, It was really cool!

So after running around the city a bit, and I ate some stuff. Then I came back.

How far? ERrrr..... OneeeTwooooo THreeeeeeeee.... day'sss ...I mean.... ermmm almost a week's journey maybe?

I mean how fast can a human run anyway?

Ah ha haha...

*pulls open collar and wipes sweat off head*

Oh yeah!

On my way back, I found this camp along the river and I met these three really funny dudes. At first, they were really surprised I showed up. But then they asked me this really weird question. One of them said, "Your Money or your Life!?"

That's a weird thing to ask, right?

I didn't really want money. Since I was on my way to make some anyway, and I didn't really want to kill them. Coz I wasn't all that hungry on account on I just ate.

SO I said, " No, thanks, I am good, you can keep both your money and your lives"

Then they just started laughing, so laughed with them.

heheheh...
I still don't know what the joke is...

But I think they must really want me to take their lives, coz they started running towards me swinging their weapons around and shooting arrows at me...It really hurts when I get hit so I had to stop them!

And I thought: if they want me to take their lives so badly I might as well. But after a bit, they must have changed their minds because they kept saying. "Please No!" and " Stop! Stop! Help!" One of them even said "Monster!Monster!"

I looked around and I didn't see any monsters. Eventually, they couldn't move anymore, and I was also a bit tired and was a bit hungry.

In the end, I didn't know if these dudes want me to kill them or not, so I just met them halfway. Didn't take their lives or their money but I did take some of their stuff.

*opens sack*

Like this leather tunic and this dagger... some travel rations...

*other things start to fall out*

ERm... Oh! there is this, the hand of the guy with the bow... there are the eyes of the man with the big axe... and this is bits of the leg of the speedy one with the dagger...

AH those guys, I wonder what they are doing now... I hope they finally make up their mind and find someone to take their money or lives...

Anyway... Do you want these? I don't need them... right now... But... I could keep them.... for later...
That is a very interesting journey for you... When someone says 'your Money or your Life' they are robbing you so feels free to beat them up.
  • EXP: 70
OOC: use spoiler :)

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
"Firewoods, huh." Kail muttered as he read the quest paper. 'I have been stuck inside Guild for too long and I need to stretch out my stiff muscle.'

I headed to the nearest forest to the north of Scribel City immediately.

I knew that the North Forest is incredibly huge but I only want to collect some firewoods at the periphery of the forest. So, there is no need to put myself into unnecessary danger.

After 2 hours of rummaging the forest floor, I managed to gather a lot of firewoods. While sorting out the usable firewoods, I would see a group of herb slime jumping around eating leaves. As long as you didn't disturb them, they are quite harmless.

As I separating the dried firewoods from the wet one, I heard loud growl deep in the forest. Shoot, there was a beast heading towards me.

I immediately packed up all the usable firewoods and ran to the city.

I entered the Guild and waited for my quest to be evaluated. Umm, can someone send a scout to the North Forest? It will be quite dangerous for low-level adventurers like me to finish up the quest if there is a strong beast wandering near the forest border.
It is good that you immediately retreated after something unexpected happened, your life matters a lot more than just some firewoods.

Don't worry, I'll report to the guild about your finding and hope that there will be an investigation team dispatched to the general location.

Rewards: 60 EXP, 10 G

Bochi

Missing Children
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Locate a missing child and reunite them with their family.
Explanation:
What? You want to see the missing persons list? Well... sure. Some of them might just be kids who ran away from home, but it's dangerous out there. If you could find one of them, it would really help.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 110
"Hmm..."

Someone was staring intently at the missing persons board. There were quite a few entries listed on it.

"Spanning between 3 days and 14, most of these. Then there's the little one here that's been gone for four months..."

She spent a few seconds examining the picture.

Well, whoever this is, she's dead. They might as well take her poster down, because you'll have to be a fool to look for her at this stage. Also, I think her family died some time ago, so there really isn't an point in taking this task.

Snorting, Vicious reached out to snag the poster, and went out.

Missing --- Have You Seen This Girl?
20200220_172841.jpg

"Sorry, dearie. Can't say I've seen her around before. I would have remembered, if that was the case."

"I see. Thank you."

As she waved goodbye to the very nice lady running the orphanage, Vicious cupped her cheek, deep in thought.

Not this orphanage either...I've already visited all of them in the city, so it's safe to say that she isn't in one. Her house gave no leads either, and goodness knows where a little cat might have ran off to...just kidding.

Outside the city, Vicious kicked down the door of a ruined house and made her way inside. Barely had she crossed the threshold of the entrance before her gag reflex triggered, causing the girl to wrinkle her nose.

"Someone hasn't aired the laundry for a while, heavens...anyone alive in here?"

A timid head popped out from corner, followed by a body, then two arms and two legs. Vicious gave the girl a once over, comparing her to the poster.

Bingo.

"Well, let's get you home, little girl. Your parents are waiting eagerly for your return."

As she extended a hand and the child took it while nodding, Vicious smiled slightly.

Back in the city, the pair had reached the girl's home, and Vicious left her charge in the living room while she went to fix up a meal in the kitchen. As the adventurer hummed cheerfully whilst dicing tomatoes, she did not hear the quiet footsteps coming up behind her.

Neither did she notice the growing shadow behind her, as something gripped her by the shoulder and tried to throw her into a wall. Then that same something shrieked in pain as it was clobbered into the wall, steam rising from it's scorched hands.

"That wasn't very nice, you know."

Vicious was standing in front of the collapsed pile of what once had been a young girl, smirking. Her baseball bat---I mean, firearm---was in one hand, an empty vial in the other.

"I'll have to thank the priest for the holy water later. And the lads down in the slums for filling me in. Seriously though, it's quite well known that the girl ran away from home after her family died, which was why the person issuing the missing poster was the poor girl's uncle and not her parents. And the ruined house I got directed to---did you really think I wouldn't notice the smell of a decaying body? Or the bloody circles painted on the walls? For a demon, you're not very smart, are you?"

Shrugging for added effect, Vicious turned around just as the thing rose to it's feet and leapt at her again, claws outstretched---

*Boom*

Watching the thing fall to the floor, disintegrating into a pile of black ash which then vanished, the young adventurer sighed.

"What a mess...I'm not sure what's worse, knowing someone out there is summoning demons and using children as sacrifices, or finding this at the scene."

The emblem in her hand was identical to the emblem she had found in the sewers earlier.

"Well, I can only turn this in and ask for the girl's remains to be buried together with her parents'. That's about the best I can do...Haah."

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
"Hmm..."

Someone was staring intently at the missing persons board. There were quite a few entries listed on it.

"Spanning between 3 days and 14, most of these. Then there's the little one here that's been gone for four months..."

She spent a few seconds examining the picture.

Well, whoever this is, she's dead. They might as well take her poster down, because you'll have to be a fool to look for her at this stage. Also, I think her family died some time ago, so there really isn't an point in taking this task.

Snorting, Vicious reached out to snag the poster, and went out.

Missing --- Have You Seen This Girl?
View attachment 1810

"Sorry, dearie. Can't say I've seen her around before. I would have remembered, if that was the case."

"I see. Thank you."

As she waved goodbye to the very nice lady running the orphanage, Vicious cupped her cheek, deep in thought.

Not this orphanage either...I've already visited all of them in the city, so it's safe to say that she isn't in one. Her house gave no leads either, and goodness knows where a little cat might have ran off to...just kidding.

Outside the city, Vicious kicked down the door of a ruined house and made her way inside. Barely had she crossed the threshold of the entrance before her gag reflex triggered, causing the girl to wrinkle her nose.

"Someone hasn't aired the laundry for a while, heavens...anyone alive in here?"

A timid head popped out from corner, followed by a body, then two arms and two legs. Vicious gave the girl a once over, comparing her to the poster.

Bingo.

"Well, let's get you home, little girl. Your parents are waiting eagerly for your return."

As she extended a hand and the child took it while nodding, Vicious smiled slightly.

Back in the city, the pair had reached the girl's home, and Vicious left her charge in the living room while she went to fix up a meal in the kitchen. As the adventurer hummed cheerfully whilst dicing tomatoes, she did not hear the quiet footsteps coming up behind her.

Neither did she notice the growing shadow behind her, as something gripped her by the shoulder and tried to throw her into a wall. Then that same something shrieked in pain as it was clobbered into the wall, steam rising from it's scorched hands.

"That wasn't very nice, you know."

Vicious was standing in front of the collapsed pile of what once had been a young girl, smirking. Her baseball bat---I mean, firearm---was in one hand, an empty vial in the other.

"I'll have to thank the priest for the holy water later. And the lads down in the slums for filling me in. Seriously though, it's quite well known that the girl ran away from home after her family died, which was why the person issuing the missing poster was the poor girl's uncle and not her parents. And the ruined house I got directed to---did you really think I wouldn't notice the smell of a decaying body? Or the bloody circles painted on the walls? For a demon, you're not very smart, are you?"

Shrugging for added effect, Vicious turned around just as the thing rose to it's feet and leapt at her again, claws outstretched---

*Boom*

Watching the thing fall to the floor, disintegrating into a pile of black ash which then vanished, the young adventurer sighed.

"What a mess...I'm not sure what's worse, knowing someone out there is summoning demons and using children as sacrifices, or finding this at the scene."

The emblem in her hand was identical to the emblem she had found in the sewers earlier.

"Well, I can only turn this in and ask for the girl's remains to be buried together with her parents'. That's about the best I can do...Haah."
Demons... So their influence reached this world too, huh? The city is getting chaotic as time passed by, and I don't know what was in store for us in the end. Ah, before you go, please fill in the location of the ritual house for me, I would like to see the demonic summoning circle. If lucky, maybe I can salvage some useful information from it. I'm still a competent sorceress.

Sigh, poor girl, getting involved with the demons never ended well for any innocent ones. I'll inform the uncle for you.

Rewards: 110 EXP, 40G

Bochi

Prison Guard
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Spend the day guarding a prisoner.
Explanation:
Looking for more boring work? There are various vagabonds in the prison, and they need to be watched. It shouldn’t be too dangerous... well, as long as nothing goes wrong.

Rewards:
There is a saying: when a newcomer arrives at the job, they get assigned a hard task to measure their capability. Of course, the hard tasks would be the ones that usually nobody wanted to do.

In the gaol, there was an old inmate who was reportedly insane, and no one liked guarding him. Even one of her fellow adventurers had went for a stint, or so she heard. The point was, nobody wanted to be assigned this duty.

Since she was the new prison guard (for a day), she was a newcomer. That meant getting the tough job. So who did she end up with? What a real no-brainer.

*****​

To give credit to the old guy, he only really disturbed Vicious when he walked right in front of the cell door, out of sight from the windows, and started mumbling inaudibly.

Which was...about once every twenty minutes? If she hummed to herself during then, she could almost ignore it. Almost.

When she had first heard the mumbling in the morning, a concerned Vicious had opened the small sliding portion built into the door to peek inside. As soon as she did, there was a startled gasp before the girl slammed the sliding portion closed.

Standing right behind the door had been the old man, eyes bloodshot, staring right at her. She didn't scare easily, but that was rather unsettling. Thanks to that, she subconsciously avoided looking into the cell whenever the mumbling started, and when it was time for dinner, Vicious simply slid the tray through a gap in the window, and backed away to settle back on the stool.

To take her mind off the rambling, Vicious fished out the emblem she had located at the latest site---the ruined house---and started examining it more closely. Much as she hated to admit it, the craftsmanship was decent. The detailing on the dragon's claw, the ridges and grooves that formed the scales...she ended up more preoccupied in the emblem than she initially expected.

How long was I out?

Finally pocketing the emblem for later, Vicious glanced back into the cell and nearly screeched. The old man was sitting by the window, staring at her.

"......"

Neither spoke for a while; then the old inmate reached out, as far as he was able to, and pointed at her.

"Cahf ah nafl mglw'nafh hh' ahor syha'h ah'legeth, ng llll or'azath syha'hnahh n'ghftephai n'gha ahornah ah'mglw'nafh."

Before she could respond, he had already stood up and walked back to his tiny bed.

What the heck was that?

*****​

An hour later, the day ended and Vicious was able to leave. As she passed the front desk, the guard jokingly asked her,

"He didn't weird you out too much, did he?"

"Not too much once I got used to it."

Shrugging, the guard waved goodbye as the girl left, deep in thought.

If possible, I want to know what those words mean.

Last edited:

DanNepZen

[Cleo POV]
I arrive on this new world with out anything to do..... I saw a village or....city? On the distance so I move there.... Wen I got there I saw a guard at the gate I hope I can communicate with them... Then I talk to the guard good! We can communicate! I tell the guard if there's anything here he said that there is a guild here in need of more people I thank the guard but I now forget that I don't have money I look at the ground ears flop downwards... The guard took pity on me and give me 30g I got happy and thank the guard wit my most biggest smile he stop looking at me for some reason? I then move to the guild and manage to get registered as a adventure yey!! I then look at the quest board.

I saw alot of quest but I don't think I can do gathering... I need information for that I don't know the plants in this world yet but I saw a quest that was interested in.

Slime Subjugation
Sponsor: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Objectives:
Exterminate slimes in the City of Scribel.
Bring back 10 slime cores.
Explanation:

Rewards:
Money: 10G

I took the quest and move in to deal with it

(This is just a confirmation on how my character arrive and accept a quest. quest report on my next post)

DanNepZen

Report for Quest: Slime Subjugation
Sponsor: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild

Name: Cleo
completion way:
I got to the area and saw some slime in the area "yos!" I move in with my dagger and slowly move to the nearest slime and hit it with my dagger and it.... Die easily. well it is a slime so I move to the next slime and saw some of them moving to me I smile and use [evasion up] 2 slime jump at me and I evade it skillfully and slice the two of them in one go with my dagger "that's 3" looking again I saw more of them moving to me I unsheathed my dagger and made a stand wit my hand on the grip of my katana then I use [meditation] and [sense up] I wait for them wait for it....closer.... And 5 slime jump at the same time I open my eyes and see a line forming [fast slash] I then use my skill and hit all 5 slime slicing them all easily.

Oke that's....8 now just 2 more I then sense one of them jumping from behind I then swing my katana on a roundabout way and slice the slime then another one came and jump behind me I grab it with my hand and [shock] I head buzz sound the slime tremble wit the electrical current I raise the slime up then trow it to a wall and it splat.

Well that's all 10 of them I pick up the cores and move in to the guild to report

Report quest item : receive 10 slime cores

Reactions: GM