Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Zoey

Mustachu
Also officially multiplying currency by x10

Please remind people that they should multiply their current money by x10.

Daily cost of living is now 10G.
OOC: Please Read

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
Healing Herbs
Sponsor
: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Collect a large sack full of healing herbs.
Explanation:
Recently there has been reports of a special type of grass that has healing properties. The City of Scribel would like to stockpile on this grass for emergencies. Make sure that you're collecting the right kind of plant though! We don't want a sack of ordinary grass!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 40
  • Money: 20G
Report for Quest: Healing Herbs
Sponsor

Name: Randell Stephenson
Method of completion: I went out, I did some wandering, found some herbs, grabbed some herbs, checked to make sure I had the right herbs, filled up my bag, filled up another, then filled up one for myself. Then I came back.
Is that not an adequate explanation for you? It is a simple quest. I do not understand why it would be necessary for an extensive report.
Quest Items Given: 2 bags of herbs
Fully Appraised and Approved by: Receptionist Nene

Last edited:
Reactions: GM

Silver

Exploration and Scouting
Sponsor: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Objectives:
Obtain any information that is worthwhile for the city to know.
Explanation:
The Scribel Adventurer's Guild will pay for any information that is worthwhile. Did you did you discover a band of goblins? Did you discover a new area? Do you have new and novel information that we didn't know before? Tell us what you have, and we might reward you!

Rewards:
EXP: 0 - 75
Money: 10 - 50G

Quest Report
Party:
Cassel and Okarin
Level: 1 (Cassel) and 2 (Okarin)
Quest: Exploration and Scouting
Report:
Exploration Report:

Walking toward the front gate, he saw a familiar looking slime waiting for him. Bobbing up and down once they saw him the Slime called out asking “Have you been to a waterfall before?” “I wonder how big the one here is.”

Shaking his head he answered “No, not yet, though from the way you’re talking I suppose you haven’t seen one either?”

With a slight bounce it answered “Well, not in this world. Back in my world, there were lots of waterfalls! There was water everywhere! We grew up swimming basically!”

As it walked south, it continued on, "You see, as a kid we used to slide down the waterfalls! It was super fun! Like — can you imagine thousands of baby slimes screaming with joy as they fly over the edge? It's like the best rollercoaster ever!!"

Trying his best to imagine thousands of babies flying over an edge as a good thing and what a rollercoaster would look like. His train of thought was interrupted by the question "Oh wait, can you swim, Cassel?"

To which he said “Wait I have to swim.”

Tilting it’s head at his response it said "Well! It's fine if you can't swim! There are easy countermeasures for this! It's no biggie! We can't let ourselves be defeated by such a small obstacle!"

Wondering what the easy counter measure was he watched as his friend slowly entered water and transformed into a boat. Is this even possible, ignoring his disbelief the slime called out “"Are you coming? You should get on! Let's go!"

Trying his best to accept the reality that his newly made friend could transform into a boat. He took a deep breath to calm himself and said “Of course,” if his friend were confident that they could do so then maybe he should give a little trust to them too.

"Fantastic!"

Overjoyed at him joining it, it pushed off the shore so fast he wasn’t even able to sit down first. Adding on, "Hold on tight! I'm going to go fast!"

Barely able to stabilize himself after the first push. He had to cling on for dear life once it started to move so fast his surroundings became a blur, jumping up, down, left, and right It was hard for him to even focus on anything in this state. Hearing the Slime call out once more he strained his ears to hear.

"Oh, Cassel! I need you to spot for me! I can't see as well from down here, so if you spot anything..."

Muttering under his breath, “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

He dragged himself to the front of the Slime. And, desperately kept look out, calling out rocks, animals, and anything else that looked dangerous. That was until the amount of trees and river left became far shorter than it should be. He cried out “UM HEY OKARIN I DON”T MEAN TO ALARM YOU BUT WE’RE RUNNING OUT OF RIVER!!!” in a manner far from calm.

His friend unfortunately did not carry the same level of urgency as it off handly said "Eh? Wait, you're telling me now you don't want to go over the waterfall...?"

With those words he remembered a few key phrases the slime had said earlier ‘Back in my world, there were lots of waterfalls!' '...as a kid we used to slide down the waterfalls!' '….. imagine thousands of baby slimes screaming with joy as they fly over the edge? It's like the best rollercoaster ever!!’

And, with his surroundings changing to the empty ground and the view below him telling him something he already knew. Okarin chimed in "Why didn't you tell me before? You should have told me~"

He could only say three words “Ah my bad.” before screaming at what was probably not going to be a happy ending for him.

Or, so thought as his friend quickly turned into something he couldn’t really recognize but the good news was that whatever it was it slowed down their fall. The bad news however was "Cassel! You need to steer! I can't control this!"

And, him whose two main skills being stealing and blending in didn’t exactly convert well into flying his friend shouted.

“You’re going to have to bear with me on this one.”

Quickly experimenting with their lives, he found that shifting his friend downward would well go down and increase their speed. And, shifting up would take them up and reduce their speed but the end result would still transform him and his friend into a pancake after the fall.

So he settled by moving his friend up and down to land somewhat safely on the shore of a random lake. Other than the fact he landed on his face on this one he could still squeeze out a “Yay,” while in the dirt for making out alive.

After pulling his head out of the dirt, the first thing he saw was his friend giggling the words "That... was something... awesome...!"

And, then strangely looking at another direction for some reason. He didn’t know what could catch his friend’s eyes like tha-. Oh...oh this wasn’t good, it didn’t take a wise man to know they couldn’t take monsters that look like dragons fused with all the lizards in the world.

In that same vein, Okarin squeaked out "Um... Cassel, I think we should go back to that cliff..."

There was only one problem with that statement, “Um, Okarin do you know the way back?”

Looking right and left for a bit. It puffed up and exclaimed "Of course I do! I'm a slime! When have you ever heard of a slime getting lost? Slimes can't get lost!"

Hearing those words, he started to think maybe it wouldn’t hurt to take a little trust away from the slime. With that thought ending, it started to transform again into a human. A nice touch but it didn’t seem to add much to help with the situation. Pointing in a random direction, it promptly said "Obviously we should go... that way! ...I think!"

Well it wasn’t like he had a better idea. So wandering behind it. He kept an eye out for anything too dangerous.

Regretting that he only took a cursory glance at the quest report. He tried to think of a way out here. Only one word in mind popped in his head ‘trees’. It wasn’t exactly much to work with but he asked anyways “Hey Okarin, I know it’s not a lot to work with but in the report it said there weren’t a lot of trees in the area so maybe we can look for some trees to try to make it back?”

"Err... yes! Of course! Exactly what I was thinking too!"

Taking a 90 degree turn to the left it headed towards some trees. With what seemed like quite a bit, they saw a grove of yellowish trees. And, with the cliff side and waterfall in sight it seemed like they were almost home with just one problem.

The only path back was covered in those huge lizard dragon things. Luckily they seemed to be asleep. Looking at Okarin he hoped that Okarin had a better idea than he thought of doing which was quickly answered by a "What do we do...?"

Turning around to Okarin he asked “How good are your sneaking skills?”

Tilting their head toward him quizzically they asked, "Sneaking? Why would a slime need to sneak? We bounce, roll, swish, swish... sploosh?"

Maybe realizing the meaning of those words after staring at the beast for a while. It responded, "Ohhhhh! I see what you're saying! That kind of sneaking! Silly me!"

Pausing for a bit, it continued on, "Since you're the thief, you should sneak across! That makes perfect sense! Meanwhile, I'll just wait here!"

Watching it try to act brave despite its earlier response to the situation. He couldn’t help but sigh, honestly he knew it was better not be friends with the little guy but he got greedy with it anyways. It always ended the same way with his friend; he didn’t think why it would end any differently. But, this time he’d do his best to guarantee that it’ll end a little differently.

Taking a deep breath he put on his best poker face and said, "Oh quit the moral high ground, if I was going to ditch you I would've already done so while I was still failing around in the boat. I’m a thief and trust me I know what I’m doing. I’ve robbed gangs bigger than so getting out of a forest with some overgrown lizards isn’t going to be a problem.”

Blinking a few more times it asked "Are you sure? If I mess up and wake them all up, you could die."

Pausing for a moment it continued on, "Besides, I'm a slime. I don't need to eat your human food. If I sat here, hid, and ate rocks for a week, I'd be perfectly fine. You could go back first, and then bring people to help. Doesn't that like... well... logically make sense? Humans like logic stuff things, right?"

Smiling at their response he said, "I am being logical, I also read the report. One mistake can cost your life here and bringing more people will just drag more food into the slaughter. It's better to end the cycle right now than later."

Turning away from the Slime, he chuckled "Anyways, I need someone to help me get back to town later. And, like you said slimes can't get lost right. So aren't you the perfect person for the job."

Wrinkling their nose at him, they bitterly complained, "You're so disagreeable, Not cool at all."

Sighing they looked down on their hands and...shrank.

With their human form slowly melting away and revealing a small blob the size of a kitten. They asked in a voice that was barely audible "Is this small enough?......For you to carry?"

Hearing the sadness in their voice, he ignored the pain in his chest and muttered "Yeah it is, if it's like that I'll definitely get you out of here. No matter what."

His luck really was that bad huh? Picking up the little slime and putting him in his pocket. He turned his eyes towards the beasts. Whispering the three rules of sneaking to himself, he started to plan a route.

From what he could recall about lizards, a surefire way to piss them off was take away their sunlight. So moving fast was a must.

As for the location it was less favorable with a ravine on the right and the foul smelling pool of sand on the left. It only left the land in front of them to use. Well at least the lizards weren’t clustered too closely to that watering hole. He didn’t even want to think of what was in there.

Taking a deep breath, he started to walk toward the lizards as he did so the sound of his footsteps slowly fell into a pattern. Like clockwork, he took the route he had planned.

With the only sounds he could hear being his footsteps, his pitter patter of his heart, and the breathing of the lizards around him.

Reaching the end, Cassel almost let a sigh of relief with the thing stopping him being a roar and the sound of rising water. Looking behind him he saw a flash of gold and teeth moving out of the water. Whatever it was he didn’t want to know. As he ran into the forest before anything could happen.

After catching his breath and making sure none of those things followed him, he called out, "Hey, Okarin it looks like we're safe for now if there aren't anymore of those lizard things."

Hearing a sigh of relief come from his pocket Okarin poked their head out and said quietly, "Thank you, that was a close one. You saved me."

Staying silent for a while, they were both probably thinking of the same thing. How to get back. With a cliff in front of them to scale and giant lizards behind them it wasn’t a nice situation either way.

Feeling Okarin jump off of his pocket he watched as they waded slowly into the water. Maybe feeling something it started to move somewhere without a word. Leading them to...a hidden cave. Calling out to him, it asked, "Um... Cassel...What do you think of this?"

Looking at the cave his friend was pointing to Cassel knew there wasn't too much of a choice. It either scale the slippery cliffs or enter the caves in hopes that there would be an exit leading upward. And, with his body Cassel knew that he wouldn't be able to scale the cliff even with Okarin in his current size. So that only left one choice.

Smiling, he said, "Well it's not like we have much to lose with man eating lizards behind us and a giant cliff in front of us. I'd take our chances with the cave. What's your call Okarin?"

"I... I think it'll take us back," Okarin answered.

They paused, and then shook their head, changing their mind.

"No, that's not right. I know it'll get us back." Okarin was more confident this time.

"I know the taste of that water. I know that it leads back home."

"I suppose, I'll be taking your word for it then Okarin. It's like we promised I'll do the walking and you do the guiding."

Pocketing Okarin, he went inside the cave.

Epilogue:

Hi! This is Cassel and Okarin speaking!

After that point, the caverns were... a lot more than we ever expected!

First, the caverns aren't just caverns — someone (or something?) used to live there! It was an abandoned underground town. There were houses and all sorts of other creepy stuff. Currently, it's inhabited by cave goblins and also trolls.

Cassel was an incredible thief and did .......... snuck past a really big troll. It looked very very big like twice the size of trolls we saw!

We also found treasure!!! Rusted swords, cracked pots, sand, anything you can name it was there! We grabbed a couple of things before leaving there! Cassel grabbed a rusty sword, a two coins for us, and we found a cracked bottle filled with sand for yours truly!

Then we found a locked door... like a giant door that you might find on a cathedral. It was covered in chains... There's clearly something behind it... but it gave a spooky feeling. Maybe somebody should go check it out again. Or maybe not, because it was scary.

Did we say trolls? Trolls!!

We hit 12 numbers of forks in the river. We went left - right - right following Okarin's taste.

Eventually we hit a sinkhole that led to the surface! Hurray!

Summary:
  • Walked south for a bit before riding the river.
  • Fell off said river and managed to fly and land at a nearby lake thanks to Okarin
  • Discovered they were in high leveled monster territory.
  • Wandered for a bit before finding a potential exit.
  • Potential exit covered in giant lizards. All other ways covered in deep sand or empty void.
  • Made it pass the lizards but no real way to scale cliff.
  • Okarin used their powers to find a under ground cave.
  • Went into cave
  • Looked like there was people living there at some point but now has goblins and trolls living there
  • Ran into a troll double the size of regular troll seen at site and avoided
  • Found what seems to be treasure room but everything seems of no value
  • Grabbed a rusty sword, 2 G, and a cracked bottle filled with sand for room.
  • Found locked door purpose unknown
  • Went through 12 forks and made back to town via sink hole found.
  • Items found: Rusty sword, 2 G, Cracked bottle with sand
Edit: Title and spelling correction. Also added required details.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I was a bit tired from the reports I already appraised today, but I figured I could do one more before calling it a day...

Oh my, this is one is from a party? I'm not quite sure how to handle those... I suppose I'll let the goddess guide me in giving what would be appropriate then.
Quest Report
Party:
Cassel and Okarin
Level: 1 (Cassel) and 2 (Okarin)
Quest: Exploration and Scouting
Report:
Exploration Report:

Walking toward the front gate, he saw a familiar looking slime waiting for him. Bobbing up and down once they saw him the Slime called out asking “Have you been to a waterfall before?” “I wonder how big the one here is.”

Shaking his head he answered “No, not yet, though from the way you’re talking I suppose you haven’t seen one either?”

With a slight bounce it answered “Well, not in this world. Back in my world, there were lots of waterfalls! There was water everywhere! We grew up swimming basically!”

As it walked south, it continued on, "You see, as a kid we used to slide down the waterfalls! It was super fun! Like — can you imagine thousands of baby slimes screaming with joy as they fly over the edge? It's like the best rollercoaster ever!!"

Trying his best to imagine thousands of babies flying over an edge as a good thing and what a rollercoaster would look like. His train of thought was interrupted by the question "Oh wait, can you swim, Cassel?"

To which he said “Wait I have to swim.”

Tilting it’s head at his response it said "Well! It's fine if you can't swim! There are easy countermeasures for this! It's no biggie! We can't let ourselves be defeated by such a small obstacle!"

Wondering what the easy counter measure was he watched as his friend slowly entered water and transformed into a boat. Is this even possible, ignoring his disbelief the slime called out “"Are you coming? You should get on! Let's go!"

Trying his best to accept the reality that his newly made friend could transform into a boat. He took a deep breath to calm himself and said “Of course,” if his friend were confident that they could do so then maybe he should give a little trust to them too.

"Fantastic!"

Overjoyed at him joining it, it pushed off the shore so fast he wasn’t even able to sit down first. Adding on, "Hold on tight! I'm going to go fast!"

Barely able to stabilize himself after the first push. He had to cling on for dear life once it started to move so fast his surroundings became a blur, jumping up, down, left, and right It was hard for him to even focus on anything in this state. Hearing the Slime call out once more he strained his ears to hear.

"Oh, Cassel! I need you to spot for me! I can't see as well from down here, so if you spot anything..."

Muttering under his breath, “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

He dragged himself to the front of the Slime. And, desperately kept look out, calling out rocks, animals, and anything else that looked dangerous. That was until the amount of trees and river left became far shorter than it should be. He cried out “UM HEY OKARIN I DON”T MEAN TO ALARM YOU BUT WE’RE RUNNING OUT OF RIVER!!!” in a manner far from calm.

His friend unfortunately did not carry the same level of urgency as it off handly said "Eh? Wait, you're telling me now you don't want to go over the waterfall...?"

With those words he remembered a few key phrases the slime had said earlier ‘Back in my world, there were lots of waterfalls!' '...as a kid we used to slide down the waterfalls!' '….. imagine thousands of baby slimes screaming with joy as they fly over the edge? It's like the best rollercoaster ever!!’

And, with his surroundings changing to the empty ground and the view below him telling him something he already knew. Okarin chimed in "Why didn't you tell me before? You should have told me~"

He could only say three words “Ah my bad.” before screaming at what was probably not going to be a happy ending for him.

Or, so thought as his friend quickly turned into something he couldn’t really recognize but the good news was that whatever it was it slowed down their fall. The bad news however was "Cassel! You need to steer! I can't control this!"

And, him whose two main skills being stealing and blending in didn’t exactly convert well into flying his friend shouted.

“You’re going to have to bear with me on this one.”

Quickly experimenting with their lives, he found that shifting his friend downward would well go down and increase their speed. And, shifting up would take them up and reduce their speed but the end result would still transform him and his friend into a pancake after the fall.

So he settled by moving his friend up and down to land somewhat safely on the shore of a random lake. Other than the fact he landed on his face on this one he could still squeeze out a “Yay,” while in the dirt for making out alive.

After pulling his head out of the dirt, the first thing he saw was his friend giggling the words "That... was something... awesome...!"

And, then strangely looking at another direction for some reason. He didn’t know what could catch his friend’s eyes like tha-. Oh...oh this wasn’t good, it didn’t take a wise man to know they couldn’t take monsters that look like dragons fused with all the lizards in the world.

In that same vein, Okarin squeaked out "Um... Cassel, I think we should go back to that cliff..."

There was only one problem with that statement, “Um, Okarin do you know the way back?”

Looking right and left for a bit. It puffed up and exclaimed "Of course I do! I'm a slime! When have you ever heard of a slime getting lost? Slimes can't get lost!"

Hearing those words, he started to think maybe it wouldn’t hurt to take a little trust away from the slime. With that thought ending, it started to transform again into a human. A nice touch but it didn’t seem to add much to help with the situation. Pointing in a random direction, it promptly said "Obviously we should go... that way! ...I think!"

Well it wasn’t like he had a better idea. So wandering behind it. He kept an eye out for anything too dangerous.

Regretting that he only took a cursory glance at the quest report. He tried to think of a way out here. Only one word in mind popped in his head ‘trees’. It wasn’t exactly much to work with but he asked anyways “Hey Okarin, I know it’s not a lot to work with but in the report it said there weren’t a lot of trees in the area so maybe we can look for some trees to try to make it back?”

"Err... yes! Of course! Exactly what I was thinking too!"

Taking a 90 degree turn to the left it headed towards some trees. With what seemed like quite a bit, they saw a grove of yellowish trees. And, with the cliff side and waterfall in sight it seemed like they were almost home with just one problem.

The only path back was covered in those huge lizard dragon things. Luckily they seemed to be asleep. Looking at Okarin he hoped that Okarin had a better idea than he thought of doing which was quickly answered by a "What do we do...?"

Turning around to Okarin he asked “How good are your sneaking skills?”

Tilting their head toward him quizzically they asked, "Sneaking? Why would a slime need to sneak? We bounce, roll, swish, swish... sploosh?"

Maybe realizing the meaning of those words after staring at the beast for a while. It responded, "Ohhhhh! I see what you're saying! That kind of sneaking! Silly me!"

Pausing for a bit, it continued on, "Since you're the thief, you should sneak across! That makes perfect sense! Meanwhile, I'll just wait here!"

Watching it try to act brave despite its earlier response to the situation. He couldn’t help but sigh, honestly he knew it was better not be friends with the little guy but he got greedy with it anyways. It always ended the same way with his friend; he didn’t think why it would end any differently. But, this time he’d do his best to guarantee that it’ll end a little differently.

Taking a deep breath he put on his best poker face and said, "Oh quit the moral high ground, if I was going to ditch you I would've already done so while I was still failing around in the boat. I’m a thief and trust me I know what I’m doing. I’ve robbed gangs bigger than so getting out of a forest with some overgrown lizards isn’t going to be a problem.”

Blinking a few more times it asked "Are you sure? If I mess up and wake them all up, you could die."

Pausing for a moment it continued on, "Besides, I'm a slime. I don't need to eat your human food. If I sat here, hid, and ate rocks for a week, I'd be perfectly fine. You could go back first, and then bring people to help. Doesn't that like... well... logically make sense? Humans like logic stuff things, right?"

Smiling at their response he said, "I am being logical, I also read the report. One mistake can cost your life here and bringing more people will just drag more food into the slaughter. It's better to end the cycle right now than later."

Turning away from the Slime, he chuckled "Anyways, I need someone to help me get back to town later. And, like you said slimes can't get lost right. So aren't you the perfect person for the job."

Wrinkling their nose at him, they bitterly complained, "You're so disagreeable, Not cool at all."

Sighing they looked down on their hands and...shrank.

With their human form slowly melting away and revealing a small blob the size of a kitten. They asked in a voice that was barely audible "Is this small enough?......For you to carry?"

Hearing the sadness in their voice, he ignored the pain in his chest and muttered "Yeah it is, if it's like that I'll definitely get you out of here. No matter what."

His luck really was that bad huh? Picking up the little slime and putting him in his pocket. He turned his eyes towards the beasts. Whispering the three rules of sneaking to himself, he started to plan a route.

From what he could recall about lizards, a surefire way to piss them off was take away their sunlight. So moving fast was a must.

As for the location it was less favorable with a ravine on the right and the foul smelling pool of sand on the left. It only left the land in front of them to use. Well at least the lizards weren’t clustered too closely to that watering hole. He didn’t even want to think of what was in there.

Taking a deep breath, he started to walk toward the lizards as he did so the sound of his footsteps slowly fell into a pattern. Like clockwork, he took the route he had planned.

With the only sounds he could hear being his footsteps, his pitter patter of his heart, and the breathing of the lizards around him.

Reaching the end, Cassel almost let a sigh of relief with the thing stopping him being a roar and the sound of rising water. Looking behind him he saw a flash of gold and teeth moving out of the water. Whatever it was he didn’t want to know. As he ran into the forest before anything could happen.

After catching his breath and making sure none of those things followed him, he called out, "Hey, Okarin it looks like we're safe for now if there aren't anymore of those lizard things."

Hearing a sigh of relief come from his pocket Okarin poked their head out and said quietly, "Thank you, that was a close one. You saved me."

Staying silent for a while, they were both probably thinking of the same thing. How to get back. With a cliff in front of them to scale and giant lizards behind them it wasn’t a nice situation either way.

Feeling Okarin jump off of his pocket he watched as they waded slowly into the water. Maybe feeling something it started to move somewhere without a word. Leading them to...a hidden cave. Calling out to him, it asked, "Um... Cassel...What do you think of this?"

Looking at the cave his friend was pointing to Cassel knew there wasn't too much of a choice. It either scale the slippery cliffs or enter the caves in hopes that there would be an exit leading upward. And, with his body Cassel knew that he wouldn't be able to scale the cliff even with Okarin in his current size. So that only left one choice.

Smiling, he said, "Well it's not like we have much to lose with man eating lizards behind us and a giant cliff in front of us. I'd take our chances with the cave. What's your call Okarin?"

"I... I think it'll take us back," Okarin answered.

They paused, and then shook their head, changing their mind.

"No, that's not right. I know it'll get us back." Okarin was more confident this time.

"I know the taste of that water. I know that it leads back home."

"I suppose, I'll be taking your word for it then Okarin. It's like we promised I'll do the walking and you do the guiding."

Pocketing Okarin, he went inside the cave.

Epilogue:

Hi! This is Cassel and Okarin speaking!

After that point, the caverns were... a lot more than we ever expected!

First, the caverns aren't just caverns — someone (or something?) used to live there! It was an abandoned underground town. There were houses and all sorts of other creepy stuff. Currently, it's inhabited by cave goblins and also trolls.

Cassel was an incredible thief and did .......... snuck past a really big troll. It looked very very big like twice the size of trolls we saw!

We also found treasure!!! Rusted swords, cracked pots, sand, anything you can name it was there! We grabbed a couple of things before leaving there! Cassel grabbed a rusty sword, a two coins for us, and we found a cracked bottle filled with sand for yours truly!

Then we found a locked door... like a giant door that you might find on a cathedral. It was covered in chains... There's clearly something behind it... but it gave a spooky feeling. Maybe somebody should go check it out again. Or maybe not, because it was scary.

Did we say trolls? Trolls!!

We hit 12 numbers of forks in the river. We went left - right - right following Okarin's taste.

Eventually we hit a sinkhole that led to the surface! Hurray!

Summary:
  • Walked south for a bit before riding the river.
  • Fell off said river and managed to fly and land at a nearby lake thanks to Okarin
  • Discovered they were in high leveled monster territory.
  • Wandered for a bit before finding a potential exit.
  • Potential exit covered in giant lizards. All other ways covered in deep sand or empty void.
  • Made it pass the lizards but no real way to scale cliff.
  • Okarin used their powers to find a under ground cave.
  • Went into cave
  • Looked like there was people living there at some point but now has goblins and trolls living there
  • Ran into a troll double the size of regular troll seen at site and avoided
  • Found what seems to be treasure room but everything seems of no value
  • Grabbed a rusty sword, 2 G, and a cracked bottle filled with sand for room.
  • Found locked door purpose unknown
  • Went through 12 forks and made back to town via sink hole found.
  • Items found: Rusty sword, 2 G, Cracked bottle with sand
Edit: Title and spelling correction. Also added required details.
"That's certainly a lot of information you two have gathered. I'm sure the gods are very pleased with your work.

"I don't have much to say, except... Please be more careful and talk to your party members to ensure you're on the same wavelength before doing dangerous acts... Recklesness should generally be avoided, but if you're going to act with it, at least make sure all people nearby are willing to be reckless with you.

"Nonetheless, great job you two. May the gods forever keep you safe."

Final Reward:
Exp:
75 for each.
Money: 25G for each.

OOC: Please tag your quest as appraised in some way! ^^)/

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I was already a bit sleepy, but figured it wouldn't hurt to do one last report before turning in for the day... Let's see...
Report for Quest: Healing Herbs
Sponsor

Method of completion: I went out, I did some wandering, found some herbs, grabbed some herbs, checked to make sure I had the right herbs, filled up my bag, filled up another, then filled up one for myself. Then I came back.
Is that not an adequate explanation for you? It is a simple quest. I do not understand why it would be necessary for an extensive report.
Quest Items Given: 2 bags of herbs
Quite the rude fellow it seems, even if he does his job properly, The Goddess won't be pleased by this kind of behavior... Such a pity, he seems to be knowledgeable on the matter of herbs.

I suppose it is not something I have any right to intervene upon though.

"Good job, mister Randell. It seems like those are the proper herbs.

"May the gods guide you and teach you the joys of humbleness."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 20G

OOC: Please tag your quest as appraised in some way! ^^)/

Moshi

Night Watch
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters that get too close to the city, and sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Watch for vagabonds and criminals, and sound the alarm if there is suspicious behavior.
  • Stay awake for the whole night. Do not leave your post.
Explanation: Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed. We need people to help keep the city safe.
Reward:
  • EXP: 25
  • Money: 1G
Quest Report | Nyx (lvl. 1) | Filed

Nothing happened the entire night. Other than some wild animals, and some slimes that came a bit close to the wall, there were no disturbances - I made sure of it.

By the way, if the wall starts smelling a bit, it's because I left some rat poison there. Their squeaking was annoying, so I killed them all off. There might still be some bodies laying around.

Last edited:
Reactions: GM

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Quest Report | Nyx (lvl. 1)

Nothing happened the entire night. Other than some wild animals, and some slimes that came a bit close to the wall, there were no disturbances - I made sure of it.

By the way, if the wall starts smelling a bit, it's because I left some rat poison there. Their squeaking was annoying, so I killed them all off. There might still be some bodies laying around.
That's good to hear. As for the rats... Um... Thanks?
  • EXP: 25
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been filed. Thanks.
Please remember to multiply your current money by x10 if you haven't already. (this shouldn't apply to new members) (Not all quests have been updated if the amount of money rewarded seems too small or is a decimal, times it by ten or wait for it to be updated.)

Last edited:

Quaesitor

Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in the City of Scribel.
  • Bring back 10 slime cores.
Explanation:
Slimes are a pest in Scribel, and they end up in all sorts of weird places. While they aren’t exactly dangerous, they can slowly erode structures and damage buildings over time. They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff. Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 75

While this is another of these lowly quests, I am quite motivated about doing it. After all, ensuring the health and safety of others is of the utmost importance. At sunrise, I leave the guild, ready to decimate any slimes I can find.

Now, the slimes here seem to have corrosive properties, so it won't do to destroy them with my body. Far too much wasted energy spent recovering from the damage.

I adjust my glasses with one hand as I scan the surrounding area in search of some sort of tool I can use to deal with slimes while juggling my brass knuckles with the other hand. Don't want to use them for something so self-destructive. It would be a waste.

In other words, something cheap. Just as I consider this, my eyes fall on a discarded stick. It's not as classy as I'd like, but... it will have to do for now. Public health isn't to be taken lightly. So, whilst curbing my inner disdain, I pick up the stick. Time to poke some slimes.

Whilst using the stick as a walking stick and humming "In the Hall of the Mountain King", I slender through the streets. Whenever I spot a slime I stride towards it, grasp the stick tightly with both hands, and thrust at the slime core with all my might. After that comes a bucket of water borrowed from a bystander to cleanse the filth away before I pick up the core.

The first few slimes fall without resistance, seemingly not having seen me coming. But it is the ones that follow which pose a problem. Exactly 16 minutes and 11 seconds after I eradicate my first slime I find a tougher one. As I notice it, it seems to notice me and immediately makes a run for it. Think you can escape? Not with me!

I scoff before dashing after it, the stick raised up high and ready to thrust it downwards into the slime, should it enter my range. But just as I am about to reach it, it switches directions, trying to attack me. Forced to dodge, I jump out of the way without any class - the slime will pay for having me disgrace my image.

I hit the stick against the slime from the side, knocking it over, before thrusting my weapon into the slime, finally ending it. But it seems like the slime is not the only thing "ended" now, with the stick being close to crumbling. I let out an anguished sigh at this disaster. Today might take longer than expected.

2 hours, 9 minutes, 38 seconds, and 3 sticks later I finally kill the 20th slime and collect its core. This result was only possible due to the friendly assistance of civilians, guiding me towards slimes, providing me with water with which I prevented myself from getting dirty, as well as giving me more sticks in case mine broke.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
While this is another of these lowly quests, I am quite motivated about doing it. After all, ensuring the health and safety of others is of the utmost importance. At sunrise, I leave the guild, ready to decimate any slimes I can find.

Now, the slimes here seem to have corrosive properties, so it won't do to destroy them with my body. Far too much wasted energy spent recovering from the damage.

I adjust my glasses with one hand as I scan the surrounding area in search of some sort of tool I can use to deal with slimes while juggling my brass knuckles with the other hand. Don't want to use them for something so self-destructive. It would be a waste.

In other words, something cheap. Just as I consider this, my eyes fall on a discarded stick. It's not as classy as I'd like, but... it will have to do for now. Public health isn't to be taken lightly. So, whilst curbing my inner disdain, I pick up the stick. Time to poke some slimes.

Whilst using the stick as a walking stick and humming "In the Hall of the Mountain King", I slender through the streets. Whenever I spot a slime I stride towards it, grasp the stick tightly with both hands, and thrust at the slime core with all my might. After that comes a bucket of water borrowed from a bystander to cleanse the filth away before I pick up the core.

The first few slimes fall without resistance, seemingly not having seen me coming. But it is the ones that follow which pose a problem. Exactly 16 minutes and 11 seconds after I eradicate my first slime I find a tougher one. As I notice it, it seems to notice me and immediately makes a run for it. Think you can escape? Not with me!

I scoff before dashing after it, the stick raised up high and ready to thrust it downwards into the slime, should it enter my range. But just as I am about to reach it, it switches directions, trying to attack me. Forced to dodge, I jump out of the way without any class - the slime will pay for having me disgrace my image.

I hit the stick against the slime from the side, knocking it over, before thrusting my weapon into the slime, finally ending it. But it seems like the slime is not the only thing "ended" now, with the stick being close to crumbling. I let out an anguished sigh at this disaster. Today might take longer than expected.

2 hours, 9 minutes, 38 seconds, and 3 sticks later I finally kill the 20th slime and collect its core. This result was only possible due to the friendly assistance of civilians, guiding me towards slimes, providing me with water with which I prevented myself from getting dirty, as well as giving me more sticks in case mine broke.
Just to inform you, you are not reward extra for collecting more cores than you need to.

• Money: 10G (OOC: We're increasing all money to be x10, as this quest hasn't been updated yet I gave you the correct amount)
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been filed. Thanks.
Please remember to multiply your current money by x10 if you haven't already. (this shouldn't apply to new members) (Not all quests have been updated, if the amount of money rewarded seems too small or is a decimal, times it by ten or wait for it to be updated.)

Last edited:

Feathers95

Goblin Subjugation (PQ)
Sponsor
Required Level: 4
Objectives:
  • Form a party of at least 4 members (at least 2 players; the rest can be NPCs)
  • Eliminate or drive away the goblin clan.
Explanation:
We've received reports of a goblin tribe close to the outskirts of Scribel City. They remain a threat to civilians as long as they are here.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 225
  • Money: 40G
Quest Report (PQ)
Party:
  • Vor Saknave (Level 4) (@Yorth )
  • Felicia El Freliti (Level 4) (@Feathers95 )
  • Brad Ronelis (Level 4) (NPC)
  • Elise Ronelis (Level 4) (NPC)
Quest: Goblin Subjugation (PQ)
Evaluation:
  • Burnt down the goblin tribe camp in the north
  • Retrieved 20 pairs of goblin ears and some of their wares as proof
At the northern gate of Scribel, the goblin subjugation party members slowly arrived and double-checked their equipment before heading off to the north, where the last sighting of a goblin camp was. The party was comprised of Vor, an elven mage, Felicia, a magic swordswoman, Brad, the heavy tank and Elise, the battle cleric. As a group, they made their way through the northern woods, developing their teamwork along the way as they fought a couple of dire wolves, slimes and other monsters.

Before long, the camp arrived in sight. As they crept their way towards their target, they noticed a formidable fence made of logs and many tall watchtowers with goblins in it. The only entrance into the camp was guarded by a pair of armored goblins wielding rusty lances, stolen from who knows where. Since their defenses were quite challenging, the party decided to wait till the night before commencing their attack.

Elise wafted sleep-inducing dust towards the camp, concentrating it towards the guards at the entrance. Whilst Brad silently disposed of the pair of armored goblins who were deeply asleep, Felicia and Vor prepared their attacks on the watchtowers. Felicia sent an arrow, coated in tri-flower poison towards one sleepy watchman’s head whilst Vor threw a fireball at the other. Afterward, against the base of their respective watchtowers, they sent a powerful blast of fire.

As the wooden watchtowers burst into flames and their bases crumbled on impact, the buildings toppled onto the ground, smashing various buildings and spreading the fire all over the camp. As frenzy ensued, guard goblins started rushing out of the gate. Noticing the party which caused their destruction, they rushed forwards wielding their stolen weapons!

Felicia threw ice daggers at the incoming goblin guards, injuring them in the process. Brad, not missing the opportunity, charged at them at full speed with his Warhammer. He made mincemeat out of them. Goblins kept pouring out of the gate to fight the invaders. Noticing the chokepoint, Vor immediately cast a big fireball towards the base of one of the last few watchtowers.

Even after blasting it with such force, the tower only had a small hole in it and didn’t fall. Felicia, understanding Vor’s reasoning immediately helped out as well following his direction. She threw a fireblast in the direction of the hole further enlarging it. As such, the tower fell to the ground crushing the goblins under it. It also blocked the goblins inside from helping those stranded outside.

The party of four didn’t waste such an opportunity. They immediately blasted the goblin guards using a myriad of spells, massacring them in seconds. Elise rejuvenated the party using her skills, making them less fatigued and increasing their mana regen.

Brad proposed to destroy the fallen watchtower so that we could enter the village, but Vor had a better idea. The goblins used mostly wood and hay for their buildings and structure. While that was cheaper, faster, and easier to maintain, those materials also had a major flaw. They were highly flammable.

After his training, Vor was able to perfectly control the path of his fireballs after he threw them. As such, he just kept throwing them at an arc towards the village. Felicia also helped on the side, wielding her fire magic, sending blast after blast in the camp's general direction.

The whole thing quickly caught on fire. Screams resounded everywhere, notifying the party of the success of their plan. Vor kept chugging mana pots while throwing fireballs while the rest of the party killed any goblin that tried to climb up the fences to run away. Those same fences that worked as a deterrent for invaders were now the bars of their cell.

After around half an hour, the whole village was decimated. We thought about bringing back proof from the village, but with the raging fire, that wasn’t really a possibility. We just brought back 20 pairs of ears from the goblins that were outside and some of their wares. Hopefully, those are proof enough.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Quest Report (PQ)
Party:
  • Vor Saknave (Level 4)
  • Felicia El Freliti (Level 4)
  • Brad Ronelis (Level 4) (NPC)
  • Elise Ronelis (Level 4) (NPC)
Quest: Goblin Subjugation (PQ)
Evaluation:
  • Burnt down the goblin tribe camp in the northeast
  • Retrieved 20 pairs of goblin ears and some of their wares as proof
At the northern gate of Scribel, the goblin subjugation party members slowly arrived and double-checked their equipment before heading off to the north-east, where the last sighting of a goblin camp was. The party was comprised of Vor, an elven mage, Felicia, a magic swordswoman, Brad, the heavy tank and Elise, the battle cleric. As a group, they made their way through the northern woods, developing their teamwork along the way as they fought a couple of dire wolves, slimes and other monsters.

Before long, the camp arrived in sight. As they crept their way towards their target, they noticed a formidable fence made of logs and many tall watchtowers with goblins in it. The only entrance into the camp was guarded by a pair of armored goblins wielding rusty lances, stolen from who knows where. Since their defenses were quite challenging, the party decided to wait till the night before commencing their attack.

Elise wafted sleep-inducing dust towards the camp, concentrating it towards the guards at the entrance. Whilst Brad silently disposed of the pair of armored goblins who were deeply asleep, Felicia and Vor prepared their attacks on the watchtowers. Felicia sent an arrow, coated in tri-flower poison towards one sleepy watchman’s head whilst Vor threw a fireball at the other. Afterward, against the base of their respective watchtowers, they sent a powerful blast of fire.

As the wooden watchtowers burst into flames and their bases crumbled on impact, the buildings toppled onto the ground, smashing various buildings and spreading the fire all over the camp. As frenzy ensued, guard goblins started rushing out of the gate. Noticing the party which caused their destruction, they rushed forwards wielding their stolen weapons!

Felicia threw ice daggers at the incoming goblin guards, injuring them in the process. Brad, not missing the opportunity, charged at them at full speed with his Warhammer. He made mincemeat out of them. Goblins kept pouring out of the gate to fight the invaders. Noticing the chokepoint, Vor immediately cast a big fireball towards the base of one of the last few watchtowers.

Even after blasting it with such force, the tower only had a small hole in it and didn’t fall. Felicia, understanding Vor’s reasoning immediately helped out as well following his direction. She threw a fireblast in the direction of the hole further enlarging it. As such, the tower fell to the ground crushing the goblins under it. It also blocked the goblins inside from helping those stranded outside.

The party of four didn’t waste such an opportunity. They immediately blasted the goblin guards using a myriad of spells, massacring them in seconds. Elise rejuvenated the party using her skills, making them less fatigued and increasing their mana regen.

Brad proposed to destroy the fallen watchtower so that we could enter the village, but Vor had a better idea. The goblins used mostly wood and hay for their buildings and structure. While that was cheaper, faster, and easier to maintain, those materials also had a major flaw. They were highly flammable.

After his training, Vor was able to perfectly control the path of his fireballs after he threw them. As such, he just kept throwing them at an arc towards the village. Felicia also helped on the side, wielding her fire magic, sending blast after blast in the camp's general direction.

The whole thing quickly caught on fire. Screams resounded everywhere, notifying the party of the success of their plan. Vor kept chugging mana pots while throwing fireballs while the rest of the party killed any goblin that tried to climb up the fences to run away. Those same fences that worked as a deterrent for invaders were now the bars of their cell.

After around half an hour, the whole village was decimated. We thought about bringing back proof from the village, but with the raging fire, that wasn’t really a possibility. We just brought back 20 pairs of ears from the goblins that were outside and some of their wares. Hopefully, those are proof enough.
Good job taking down that goblin camp. The guild appreciates your hard work, feel free to go relax in the tavern.
  • EXP: 225 each
  • Money: 40G split evenly between all 4 party members
Please remember to multiply your current money by x10 if you haven't already. (this shouldn't apply to new members)

Last edited:

Feathers95

Dire Wolf Subjugation
Sponsor
Required Level: 4
Objectives:
  • Eliminate dire wolves.
  • Collect 3 dire wolf pelts.
Explanation:
Dire wolves are fearsome creatures known to attack humans. Hunt them to keep make the forest a safer place.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 180
  • Money: 30G
(OOC: This happened and was half-written before the party quest)
Quest Report (15)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 4 (1280 EXP)
Quest: Dire Wolf Subjugation
Evaluation:
  • Ambushed and killed a pack of three wolves
  • Hauled three dire wolf pelts back to the city
The last time I had encountered a dire wolf was out on the plains near the northern forests back when I was shepherding sheep, hence I decided to head in that general direction to look for a wolf pack. Just before I retrieved my enchanted silver sword from the enchanter, I acquired some cool new equipment. Beneath my dark blue mage's robes adorned with mystical patterns, I wore a set of firm leather armour. At first, it was a little hard to adjust to the new weight, but since it was nowhere near as heavy as plate armour, it didn't take me too long. On my waist beneath my robes was a hidden dagger and strapped around my back was a wooden bow and quiver. I actually felt like a proper adventurer now! This morning I had practised with my bow briefly, slowly remembering the lessons I had back in the palace years ago.

Fortunately, it didn't take too much walking before I began hearing faint growling and light footsteps. Crouching down cautiously behind some shrubbery, I saw six dire wolves hunting as a pack. They sniffed their surroundings every now and then, probably looking for the scent of prey. I couldn't quite make out the cause from the distance, but two wolves suddenly starting clawing each other, whilst the other wolves watched on passively. Before long, the pack abruptly decided to split into two packs of three. Was it the alpha pair that fought? That was the only solution I could up with as to why the pack split so evenly. However, I quickly stopped thinking such thoughts, as one of the packs was headed my way!

Slowing my breathing down, I concentrated on the trio gradually approaching me, keeping myself still within the bushes. I had an arrow lined with tri-flower poison notched on my bow, ready to be fired at a moment's notice. Finally, when I deemed the other pack to be far away enough, I fired my arrow. It landed true and embedded itself in the leading wolf's side. Although not a one-hit kill, the arrow's poison was sure to turn the wolf into much less of a threat. Immediately, the pair behind the leading wolf rushed towards me, clearly angered by their leader's injury.

Sending daggers of ice from one hand, I readied my enchanted blade in the other and began pouring my mana into it. Quickly, the sword began to shine brightly in an icy light, as I swung it towards the wolf closest towards me with ease due to it's lightweight. With little resistance, I cut through the body of the dire wolf, killing it in one stroke. Briefly, I marvelled in the power Ryzen had given me, before remembering my own body's limitations. My mana reserves were not limitless, especially after being reset in this world, hence I quickly halted the mana flow to my sword and prevented myself from pointlessly exerting every last thread of my mana.

I quickly finished off the wolf embedded with icy shards and the leading wolf slowly dying from the tri-flower poison, before hauling their pelts back to Scribel. I don't know why they didn't call for help from the other pack, maybe it was their pride, but either way, it seems these wolves were a bit more emotional and social than I had initially thought them to be.
TL;DR: Tried on new equipment, saw a pack of six dire wolves that fought between themselves and split into two packs of three, ambushed one pack of three, killed one with a poisoned arrow, another with ice daggers and the last with my newly enchanted silver sword. Hauled three pelts back to the city.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
(OOC: This happened and was half-written before the party quest)
Quest Report (15)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 4 (1280 EXP)
Quest: Dire Wolf Subjugation
Evaluation:
  • Ambushed and killed a pack of three wolves
  • Hauled three dire wolf pelts back to the city
The last time I had encountered a dire wolf was out on the plains near the northern forests back when I was shepherding sheep, hence I decided to head in that general direction to look for a wolf pack. Just before I retrieved my enchanted silver sword from the enchanter, I acquired some cool new equipment. Beneath my dark blue mage's robes adorned with mystical patterns, I wore a set of firm leather armour. At first, it was a little hard to adjust to the new weight, but since it was nowhere near as heavy as plate armour, it didn't take me too long. On my waist beneath my robes was a hidden dagger and strapped around my back was a wooden bow and quiver. I actually felt like a proper adventurer now! This morning I had practised with my bow briefly, slowly remembering the lessons I had back in the palace years ago.

Fortunately, it didn't take too much walking before I began hearing faint growling and light footsteps. Crouching down cautiously behind some shrubbery, I saw six dire wolves hunting as a pack. They sniffed their surroundings every now and then, probably looking for the scent of prey. I couldn't quite make out the cause from the distance, but two wolves suddenly starting clawing each other, whilst the other wolves watched on passively. Before long, the pack abruptly decided to split into two packs of three. Was it the alpha pair that fought? That was the only solution I could up with as to why the pack split so evenly. However, I quickly stopped thinking such thoughts, as one of the packs was headed my way!

Slowing my breathing down, I concentrated on the trio gradually approaching me, keeping myself still within the bushes. I had an arrow lined with tri-flower poison notched on my bow, ready to be fired at a moment's notice. Finally, when I deemed the other pack to be far away enough, I fired my arrow. It landed true and embedded itself in the leading wolf's side. Although not a one-hit kill, the arrow's poison was sure to turn the wolf into much less of a threat. Immediately, the pair behind the leading wolf rushed towards me, clearly angered by their leader's injury.

Sending daggers of ice from one hand, I readied my enchanted blade in the other and began pouring my mana into it. Quickly, the sword began to shine brightly in an icy light, as I swung it towards the wolf closest towards me with ease due to it's lightweight. With little resistance, I cut through the body of the dire wolf, killing it in one stroke. Briefly, I marvelled in the power Ryzen had given me, before remembering my own body's limitations. My mana reserves were not limitless, especially after being reset in this world, hence I quickly halted the mana flow to my sword and prevented myself from pointlessly exerting every last thread of my mana.

I quickly finished off the wolf embedded with icy shards and the leading wolf slowly dying from the tri-flower poison, before hauling their pelts back to Scribel. I don't know why they didn't call for help from the other pack, maybe it was their pride, but either way, it seems these wolves were a bit more emotional and social than I had initially thought them to be.
TL;DR: Tried on new equipment, saw a pack of six dire wolves that fought between themselves and split into two packs of three, ambushed one pack of three, killed one with a poisoned arrow, another with ice daggers and the last with my newly enchanted silver sword. Hauled three pelts back to the city.
Thanks for the help culling the dire wolf population, they can be a real pain to travelers.
  • EXP: 180
  • Money: 30G
Please remember to multiply your current money by x10 if you haven't already. (this shouldn't apply to new members)

Last edited:

Bochi

Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
Objectives:
Explanation:
Slimes are a pest in Scribel, and they end up in all sorts of weird places. While they aren’t exactly dangerous, they can slowly erode structures and damage buildings over time. They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff. Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!

Rewards:
  • Money: 10G
Reported by Vicious [Appraised]
Whenever someone she met on her travels was curious enough and daring enough, they would ask Vicious a question.

"What's that thing on your back?"

To which she'd reply,

"A firearm."

At this point, most would then nod and continue on their way, save the occasional dwarf that knew his craft.

"But, it is empty, is it not? Why do you still carry it around then, lass?"

Once again, the girl affirmed her answer as a slime splattered against the wall and disintegrated.

To smack stuff with.

A single swing packed quite the punch, and the trusty old firearm didn't let her down yet, sending slime after slime flying as she swatted them mid-jump. Just a small problem arose, though.

Shatters awfully easily.

When a slime jumped and she batted it away like a baseball player, it flew and crashed onto the wall. Sometimes it managed to get up, but most of the time it disappeared. As did the core, which shattered and disappeared.

...No fire. Fire is bad in such a place.

Underground in the sewers, where fowl smell things produced foul smelling gas, the last thing she wanted was something to catch, or god forbid, something to blow up. If that happened, forget getting no pay and being penalized for property destruction, she might even die in the process as well. And that would be counterproductive.

What to do...?

In fact, she could already feel a headache on it's way, making her thoughts fuzzy. As the unwanted migraine tossed ideas around like papers in a storm, for some reason, one particular idea stood out.

Twenty minutes later, Vicious left the sewers with the number of specified cores, a splitting headache, and no memory of the past twenty minutes. She wiped the slime goo off off her left hand, and proceeded to look for a clean source of water.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Reported by Vicious
Whenever someone she met on her travels was curious enough and daring enough, they would ask Vicious a question.

"What's that thing on your back?"

To which she'd reply,

"A firearm."

At this point, most would then nod and continue on their way, save the occasional dwarf that knew his craft.

"But, it is empty, is it not? Why do you still carry it around then, lass?"

Once again, the girl affirmed her answer as a slime splattered against the wall and disintegrated.

To smack stuff with.

A single swing packed quite the punch, and the trusty old firearm didn't let her down yet, sending slime after slime flying as she swatted them mid-jump. Just a small problem arose, though.

Shatters awfully easily.

When a slime jumped and she batted it away like a baseball player, it flew and crashed onto the wall. Sometimes it managed to get up, but most of the time it disappeared. As did the core, which shattered and disappeared.

...No fire. Fire is bad in such a place.

Underground in the sewers, where fowl smell things produced foul smelling gas, the last thing she wanted was something to catch, or god forbid, something to blow up. If that happened, forget getting no pay and being penalized for property destruction, she might even die in the process as well. And that would be counterproductive.

What to do...?

In fact, she could already feel a headache on it's way, making her thoughts fuzzy. As the unwanted migraine tossed ideas around like papers in a storm, for some reason, one particular idea stood out.

Twenty minutes later, Vicious left the sewers with the number of specified cores, a splitting headache, and no memory of the past twenty minutes. She wiped the slime goo off off her left hand, and proceeded to look for a clean source of water.
Do I want to know how you got the slime cores?

Anyway here's your reward.

Last edited:

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
Objectives:
Explanation:

Rewards:
Report for Quest: Slime Subjugation
Sponsor

Method of completion:
Hunting slimes as an alchemist comes with its own unique advantage and disadvantage. For one, the smell of sewers and other disgusting places that slimes find themselves in does not bother an alchemist as much as the typical layman. They have to get used to odd smells over time, considering the variety of ingredients and odd reactions they must deal with. The problem comes from the fact that alchemists can no longer rely on typical methods of attack, such as poisons or acids. So, slime hunting is rather unsuitable for most alchemists. That is, unless you know how to do it right.
To kill the slimes, I used bottles.
I got close to a slime while holding a bottle with tongs (from my alchemical equipment). You swipe the bottle through the slime, quick as you can, and try to get the core. Even if you miss, you can just dump out the slime afterwards. Once you get the core, there will still be a bit of slime left in the bottle. This can be fixed by filtering the slime out afterwards. It's a rather effective method of harvesting their cores while keeping them as intact as possible.
I decided to keep some of the leftover slime for myself. Though unclean, it is a weak acid and I may be able to purify it and use it for other methods.
As a result, I have filled three of my empty bottles with dirty slime.
Quest Items Given: 10 slime cores
Fully Appraised and Approved by: Receptionist Okarin

Last edited:

Bochi

Exploration and Scouting
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Obtain any information that is worthwhile for the city to know.
Explanation:
The Scribel Adventurer's Guild will pay for any information that is worthwhile. Did you did you discover a band of goblins? Did you discover a new area? Do you have new and novel information that we didn't know before? Tell us what you have, and we might reward you!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 0 - 75
Reported by Vicious [Appraised]
As a wise woman once said: It is better to charge ahead than to hold back. Victory comes to the bold.

"Like hell it is! Whomever said that better not let me catch them!"

It was about midday by her estimates, but instead of enjoying the sunlight like a normal person on the surface, Vicious was currently underground.

As to why she was underground, she would never admit it, but since she heard that slimes were dangerous if kept unchecked, the young girl had been making it a habit to kill some every now and then. The extra swings came in as good practice, after all.

"But still, it doesn't stink as bad as I thought it would...not that anyone would willingly live here regardless."

Sticking her head into a small nook tucked away, Vicious quickly ate her words. There was a crumpled, dirty blanket on the floor, coupled with a few small bones (rats, she reckoned), as well as some scraps.

"Maybe this place is a haven for the homeless. Who knows? The local animal population don't seem too threatening if left alone."

Now that she had found one, Vicious kept a careful eye out as she navigated the tunnels of the sewers, and as the flames of her torch flickered, she spotted a few more similar crannies. With similar contents inside, but no occupants.

"Alright, people live down here...and they've just gone out to lunch, that's all...I wish."

*Scribbling*

The pencil traced lines on the paper, after which the girl folded and kept both with a sigh, continuing on.

"Sometimes I wish my nose wasn't as good."

About ten minutes of following her nose, Vicious ended up finding the source by complete accident; who knew entire sections of the wall was moveable? She had tripped over discarded planks and was bracing for the impact of her face meeting the stone wall. Instead it had given way and she crashed into the hidden section---right into the person who was sitting down, knocking him down a flight of stairs.

Ow, ow, ow. My nose.

Grumbling, she dusted herself off and slowly made her way to the fallen person, who was also in the process of getting up, and held up a hand. She also held the torch closer to get a good peek of the face.

"Aiiiiiiiiie!"

For some reason, the shady-looking person with a mask covering half his face screamed, and promptly fainted. Vicious raised an eyebrow.

"Well, there's that...oh, so this is the source."

Dumped on the table was half a person, with the ribs exposed and the heart removed, dripping blood all over the floor...the girl thanked the heavens her breakfast that morning had been light, and that the room was dim.

"What else, what else...oh, this knife isn't too bad. I'll take it. And some sort of map with detailed markings, plus some sort of pendant, hmm...fancy circle on the floor too."

In the end the girl shrugged, tying up the fainted person whilst tucking the dragon-claw-shaped emblem into her pocket. She had no idea if it was interesting or not, but it was worth turning in and seeing.

She also had absolutely no idea that her face was splattered in blood.

Last edited:

Fossil

Mafia Addict
The Glowy Rocks under the River.
Sponsor
: Alex the Curious Merchant
Objectives:
  • Discovered any Mana Glowstone's mineral vein under the riverbed.​
  • Minor Objective: Research Mana Glowstone usage.​
Library Source

Description:
An adventure named Ryzen discovered several glowy stones containing mana inside it. Please find the mineral vein under the riverbed or trace the source of the Mana Glowstone. If you find any useful usage of these minerals, feel free to report it. I will prepare the finest weapon for a level 1 adventurer.

Rewards:
  • Items: One metal weapon of your choosing (Completed the Minor Objective to obtain this reward.)
I ran away from the gate as soon as I arrived, running into a few people on my way. I didn't stick around to see if the gate was closed, nor did I want to. Regardless, I had to stop running at some point. Which, coincidentally, happened to be in front of a reception desk for an...adventurer's guild? Again? I decided to flash my card from my previous world, and asked if it was accepted. It, for some reason, was, even though this was the first time I even heard of this plane. Even stranger was that the receptionist understood my sylvan speech, which was my habitual language after all my time spent in the forest. Perhaps this world is just used to odd happenings like people from other worlds coming to this one? No matter, I was already used to odd happenings after my first week in proper society.

As such, I decided to calm down and assess my current state, one that was particularly alarming. On one hand I felt like I was more dexterous in this world, almost like there was less weight on my person. On the other hand, I couldn't feel any magic around me, nor was my Ki flowing. Luckily I still knew a bit of fighting thanks to learning about monk techniques, but that still left me mostly defenseless against people. As such, I decided that I had to research what was going on in this world to prevent me from using magic. In order to do that, I decided to look at the quests that were displayed on the quest board. Honestly, I'm glad that I got to experience an Adventurer's Guild before I had to leave my world behind. It made knowing what to do next here a lot simpler.

Anyway, I looked at the quest board and...I couldn't read a single one of the quests. As such, I grabbed one at random and brought it to the receptionist. They let me accept the quest even before I could ask them about what it said, so I guess I'm stuck on the quest. Luckily, they still gave me a brief rundown of what I had to do. Apparently there was a river south of the city that had glowing rocks in it, and I was to investigate it.

The rocks are blinding, and only with something called mana sense can you prevent that, from what I gathered. Was that just a Detect Magic spell? If so, at least I know magic is possible here, I just need to know how to use it. Which is why, by the time I got to the river, I was thoroughly exhausted and wanted to nap from trying to use detect magic the entire way there. I made little to no progress in figuring out how to use magic here, so I decided to rest by the river until night fall. Hana curled up on my lap and slept while I rested with a tree against my back. It wasn't much of a camp, but it was like many of the times I slept before.

By the time I woke up, it was night with a full moon ahead. Due to deciding to follow the Circle of the Moon for my druid studies, I felt especially relaxed tonight. Still, I could feel no magic around me. Perhaps I needed to find a different way of feeling magic? Sighing to myself, I looked at the glowing river. Yes, it was glowing. It's not terribly surprising, though, what with the glowstones in it. I walked up to the riverbed and decided to reach into the water and touch the glowstones. Part of the quest was to research them, and I really need to find out what makes them light up so that I can work on finding more of the stones.

As I touched the stone, I felt a slight, very slight tingle against my hand. It didn't feel like magic, certainly not the magic I knew. Still, it certainly was magic. Which means it was my best chance at figuring out how to use magic in this world. So, the best idea I had to sense the new magic was to break the stone open and try to sense its escape. Which, obviously, wasn't going to work due to the lack of a way to break the stone open.

Thinking for a bit, I decided to instead meditate for a bit to attempt to sense the mana inside the stone. I left Hana to guard me as I did. And, finally, I succeeded! However, it took several hours since it was already morning when I finished. What's more, I could still barely sense any magic around me. I could probably cast one spell every day right now, but it was better than nothing. Still, I could use magic again!

I was so ecstatic that I immediately used Detect Magic, hoisted Hana onto my shoulder, and dashed along the riverbed to find all of the different spots that the stone showed up at. Due to only having ten minutes to cast the spell, my results were limited. Still, finding ten different veins on the surface of the riverbed should be fine, right?

When I returned to the guild later on, I drew a small map to the best of my ability to mark where the veins were. I then retired back to the riverbed to find a forest to make a small home in. I'll grab my rewards tomorrow when they've successfully located the spots.
Evaluated by Feathers95

Last edited:

Feathers95

I ran away from the gate as soon as I arrived, running into a few people on my way. I didn't stick around to see if the gate was closed, nor did I want to. Regardless, I had to stop running at some point. Which, coincidentally, happened to be in front of a reception desk for an...adventurer's guild? Again? I decided to flash my card from my previous world, and asked if it was accepted. It, for some reason, was, even though this was the first time I even heard of this plane. Even stranger was that the receptionist understood my sylvan speech, which was my habitual language after all my time spent in the forest. Perhaps this world is just used to odd happenings like people from other worlds coming to this one? No matter, I was already used to odd happenings after my first week in proper society.

As such, I decided to calm down and assess my current state, one that was particularly alarming. On one hand I felt like I was more dexterous in this world, almost like there was less weight on my person. On the other hand, I couldn't feel any magic around me, nor was my Ki flowing. Luckily I still knew a bit of fighting thanks to learning about monk techniques, but that still left me mostly defenseless against people. As such, I decided that I had to research what was going on in this world to prevent me from using magic. In order to do that, I decided to look at the quests that were displayed on the quest board. Honestly, I'm glad that I got to experience an Adventurer's Guild before I had to leave my world behind. It made knowing what to do next here a lot simpler.

Anyway, I looked at the quest board and...I couldn't read a single one of the quests. As such, I grabbed one at random and brought it to the receptionist. They let me accept the quest even before I could ask them about what it said, so I guess I'm stuck on the quest. Luckily, they still gave me a brief rundown of what I had to do. Apparently there was a river south of the city that had glowing rocks in it, and I was to investigate it.

The rocks are blinding, and only with something called mana sense can you prevent that, from what I gathered. Was that just a Detect Magic spell? If so, at least I know magic is possible here, I just need to know how to use it. Which is why, by the time I got to the river, I was thoroughly exhausted and wanted to nap from trying to use detect magic the entire way there. I made little to no progress in figuring out how to use magic here, so I decided to rest by the river until night fall. Hana curled up on my lap and slept while I rested with a tree against my back. It wasn't much of a camp, but it was like many of the times I slept before.

By the time I woke up, it was night with a full moon ahead. Due to deciding to follow the Circle of the Moon for my druid studies, I felt especially relaxed tonight. Still, I could feel no magic around me. Perhaps I needed to find a different way of feeling magic? Sighing to myself, I looked at the glowing river. Yes, it was glowing. It's not terribly surprising, though, what with the glowstones in it. I walked up to the riverbed and decided to reach into the water and touch the glowstones. Part of the quest was to research them, and I really need to find out what makes them light up so that I can work on finding more of the stones.

As I touched the stone, I felt a slight, very slight tingle against my hand. It didn't feel like magic, certainly not the magic I knew. Still, it certainly was magic. Which means it was my best chance at figuring out how to use magic in this world. So, the best idea I had to sense the new magic was to break the stone open and try to sense its escape. Which, obviously, wasn't going to work due to the lack of a way to break the stone open.

Thinking for a bit, I decided to instead meditate for a bit to attempt to sense the mana inside the stone. I left Hana to guard me as I did. And, finally, I succeeded! However, it took several hours since it was already morning when I finished. What's more, I could still barely sense any magic around me. I could probably cast one spell every day right now, but it was better than nothing. Still, I could use magic again!

I was so ecstatic that I immediately used Detect Magic, hoisted Hana onto my shoulder, and dashed along the riverbed to find all of the different spots that the stone showed up at. Due to only having ten minutes to cast the spell, my results were limited. Still, finding ten different veins on the surface of the riverbed should be fine, right?

When I returned to the guild later on, I drew a small map to the best of my ability to mark where the veins were. I then retired back to the riverbed to find a forest to make a small home in. I'll grab my rewards tomorrow when they've successfully located the spots.
After a long day of adventuring, I decided to peer evaluate a random quest report before heading back to my room at the tavern. Interestingly enough, I found this report quite fun and interesting to read. It seems that this adventurer was a new arrival from another world, like she was a few years ago. Ah, fun times.

"It's a little strange to hear that you can speak and listen to the language of this world but cannot read it, since most of the people I've interacted with so far haven't had that problem. Though if you need help with this problem, I believe there are a few schools around the city somewhere."

"Excellent work on identifying ten different Mana Glowstone veins, I'll be sure to pass this information on to the guild's library and Alex. Unfortunately, since we already knew that the mana glowstones had condensed mana within them, I cannot award you the minor objective's reward."

"But congratulations on awakening your mana sense by yourself in just one night! It personally took me a couple of days to adjust to the magic in this new world. Here are your rewards."

"Also, please remember to mark your quest report as evaluated for future reference. Thank you!"

Rewards:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Treat the Wounded
Sponsor
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Some knowledge of how to heal patients. Either through magic or by knowing how to use the appropriate herbs, bandages etc.
  • Help with the treatment of patients in the temple for a day.
Explanation:
With the recent growth in numbers of Adventurers in Scribel, the amount of wounded people in need of treatment increased exponentially, and this is quickly overwhelming the priests that are unable to deal with such heavy workload.
As they priests are already overwhelmed, they can't afford helping someone learn how to do basic medicine, so someone with experience is required.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 80
  • Money: 20G
Quest Report - Okarin

Several days later, Okarin was sitting outside of the city, huddling underneath the shade of a large misshapen rock. It was pouring outside; and the ground was drenched with mud and puddles of water.

It was also cold.

The rain made everything seem much colder.

Okarin hadn't gone back to the city in nearly a week.

It took a lot of time to regenerate mass, and until they reached a certain size, Okarin wasn't able to take a human form. The slime situation in the city hadn't gotten that much better, and if anything people were paying more attention to slimes than ever before. Among the general public, it was a mixture of apprehension, confusion, hatred, fear, ambivalence, conspiracy theories, and everything in between. There were whispers about the slime hoard, mutant slimes underneath the city, and evil alchemists experimenting on slimes.

Humans were scary when they were scared.

Okarin spotted some children running around beating slimes with sticks.

The neighborhood cheered when they killed some.

+ + +

Someone was selling slimes at the market, so Okarin had purchased one.

They actually had extremely conflicted feelings about this.

Was it... really okay to do this...?

The torrential downpour was almost deafening, and currently Okarin was huddled next to the pillow-sized dark green slime that Okarin had "bought" for a meager 20G — the entirety of all their savings.

Only yesterday, Okarin had finally collected enough mass to transform into a "chibi" human form. Currently, they were no larger than a small child, and the green slime was nearly half of Okarin's size. With the two of them sitting next to each other, the green slime looked far bigger than it was in reality — like an extremely oversized dango plushie.

At the present moment, the green slime was happily munching on grass, not giving a single fuck that it was getting rained on.

Okarin stared at the slime, silently watching it eat.

They wished they could ask how it felt.

Was it wrong for slimes to be bought and sold?

They wanted to ask... what should Okarin do?

However, Green Slime seemed to only care about munching on food. That was pretty much all it ever thought about. It was really quite a glutton, even for a slime. Perhaps that was why it was so big. Okarin had never seen a Herb Slime that was so oversized.

Okarin trembled slightly and sneezed from the ambient cold.

It was really damp here.

+ + +

Eventually, Okarin felt as if their toes were going to freeze off — especially in this human transformation.

They stood up and finally decided to go back to the city... even if that was the scary place where Okarin didn't exactly want to be.

It took a good half hour of difficult coaxing, but eventually Okarin managed to get Green Slime to move from its grazing spot. They started walking back to the city — although half of it was it was Okarin struggling to tug the uncooperative Green Slime along and wobbling under the enormous weight from carrying it.

They must have been an implausible and ridiculous sight to behold.

A drenched muddy six-year-old girl hauling a large dark green slime nearly as big as her into the city.

The guard at the gate almost stopped Okarin.

"What? I'm not allowed to bring my pet slime back into the city?" Okarin complained with their chibi voice. "I'm cold. It's raining outside."

"..." The guard struggled to find something to say.

The guard ended up letting them go, and Okarin ignored the stares as they made their way through the city streets.

Okarin made straight for the city temple.

They almost made it all the way through the front entrance before one of the priestesses stopped them.

"Oh my goodness, little girl, where do you think you are going? With that... thing...?"

The priestess looked disgusted. Okarin was covered with mud and grime from sleeping outside of the city for a whole week. Green Slime was drooping into a sagging half-puddle, clearly unmotivated and dissatisfied from being dragged away from its tasty grass meal outside of the city.

"I'm here for the temple," Okarin replied.

"Where is your mother?! By the holy light, are you out of your mind?! Put that... thing... down! It's dangerous! Slimes are absolutely not something a young girl should be playing with!"

"It's not going to hurt me. It's not going to hurt anyone."

"They are unclean! Unholy! Get rid of it immediately!"

"...Unholy...?"

"Go away! I don't have time for dirty street kids! We're busy healing patients here!"

The priestess raised her voice angrily and almost slammed the door to the temple entrance.

However, another robed individual appeared from behind the threshold and suddenly intervened in the scene.

"Sister Maya, is there a problem?" The voice was deep and masculine.

"Brother Jaune, it is nothing of concern. Just another homeless child."

"Does the child want food? Perhaps there are still some leftover scraps from the kitchen?"

"If you feed them one time, you know they'll keep coming back. And there will be more of them next time. Our first priority to heal our patients. It is a genuine pity, but we cannot help everyone. Sometimes if you try to aid everyone, you ironically save no one."

"...I see... that's how you feel."

"If you'll excuse me, Brother Jaune, I have patients waiting for me."

"May the holy light bless you, Sister Maya."

"And you too, Brother Jaune."

The priestess disappeared into the corridors. Meanwhile, the monk poked his head out of the front door and finally got a good look at Okarin. There was a soft expression to his wrinkly face.

"Why, hello there, little one." His voice was kind, and the monk crouched down to the same height as Okarin. "Are you hungry?"

Okarin blinked a few times, and then peered back into the dark corridor where the priestess had vanished into.

"No, I'm not." Okarin responded factually and truthfully. "However, I am a little cold. And wet. And muddy."

The male priest chuckled in response. "I see. So you're not hungry. I suppose I was mistaken."

"That lady did not like me very much."

"Sister Maya and I... have our disagreements. Please do not mind it."

"The lady said that slimes are unholy... so... are slimes unholy?"

The monk reached out a hand and gently patted little Okarin on the head. The man did not seem bothered by the fact that Okarin was covered with mud, twigs, and other filth.

"There are many faiths in the universe. While this is one of the largest Temples in the city, we are not the House for any one single religion. Many faiths share these walls. We may have different beliefs, and we may have our many disagreements, but we are united in our purpose seeking the good of humanity. Together, we rise with the collective power of our many faiths."

"Many faiths?"

"Yes, many faiths. Sister Maya worships a different religion than myself, and she also comes from a different world than my own. However, I assure you that her intentions are good, even if she might sound harsh today."

"What does your god say about slimes?"

The male priest laughed again.

"You really like slimes, don't you? Child, in my faith, we say that it is never wrong to love. It doesn't matter who it is. You are never wrong to love them. Sometimes, loving another can even be the hardest thing."

"Mister Priest, I want to help at the temple. I saw a quest at the Adventurer's Guild that said the temple is looking for more healers."

The man raised an eyebrow.

"This slime—" Okarin gestured at Green Slime, "—is really good at healing. It's really friendly. And nice. We can help."

The monk furrowed their brow upon hearing this.

They seemed to be thinking about something.

"Little Miss, I understand that you wish to help, and I bless you dearly for your kind heart."

The man paused. "However, I cannot allow your slime to assist us. It would scare the patients, as many of clients are traumatized by monsters. I do not think it would help the patients to terrify them witless, even if what you say is true. Do you understand what I am saying?"

Okarin was silent at that point.

"I'm sorry. I truly am." The priest was apologetic.

"It's okay. I understand."

"May the holy light bless you. I wish you a good evening."

With a wry smile, he shut the door.

It was still raining outside.

--------------

OOC: :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: I wrote another sob story. :blob_no::blob_no::blob_no: I do too much of this kind of thing! Sorry for failing another quest again! :blob_upset: For some reason, I feel like I start a quest in my head and it fails more often than it succeeds. I did, however, try to add some lore that the temple is multi-faith.

Last edited: