Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

FenrIIrz

Outpost Station
Sponsor
: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Be stationed at an outpost for one month.
  • Assist travelers in any way necessary.
Explanation:
Throughout the country, there are small outposts that serve as stations where travelers can stop by for help. For this job, you will be stationed at a remote outpost for a month. You will manage supplies that are sent to you, keep horses fresh, and any miscellaneous things that you see fit.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 135
  • Money: 20G
I'm here in the middle of nowhere and I also wonder how I got here...

Oh. A travelling merchant asking for direction Scribel. *points to the east* Well this is a easy job... WAIT A MINUTE! How can I tell which way the town located?! No no no NO. Did someone wiped my memory? Again, I don't know how I got here but I got free food and bed so no complaints I guess?

After that, I saw a caravan group heading out of the town looking $#&@ City. I don't where that city is so I asked my colleague, he said 'north-west for 2 days'. ANDDDDDDDDDDDD another question. Why is it $#&@ City? Why I cannot spell it?! Is this a rumour 'open the goddamn map first'? *sighs* I'm done for today. *sighs again* I have to check the supplies before going to bed.
_____

In the next morning after breakfast and workout, I got inside the guardhouse and found something on the table. Paperwork. What?! How stationing at outpost has to do with paperwork? My fellow co-worker, Why are you smiling like that? Do you know anything about this conspiracy? *read the contents* *sighs* I cannot believe that I found a paper request permission about 'building a farm' inside military camp! Oh my god! The paper began to appear in front of me out of nowhere! Why me??? I took a quest about managing remote outpost, not office work! I hoped someone can explain this to me after I head back to Scribel.
_____

Well. The rest of the month was anticlimactic. I was forced to do all the paper and tell the location of the village that can't even pronounce its name. It seems that the news about slime spreading also reaches this outpost around halfway through the month, I think this slime problem will be the main gossip for a while. This is the point that I left the outpost and just walk. Yeah, walks out without thinking of anything and then I somehow reach the town safely. Maybe we should send someone to investigate these mysterious places. A '$#&@ city', '!&$@$%! Mountains' and '&$@@!#$%*$'. What are these weird characters in my head anyway?

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
After a whole week looking over a mostly deserted storeroom, I decided I could use a change of airs, so I went to look for some reports.

Let's see what we have this time...
Quest Report (7)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 2 (425 EXP)
Quest: Prison Guard
Evaluation:
  • Guarded the prisoners in Block C from morning till night.
Today, little Folke gave me a hug as I left. He seems to have grown really attached to me after I rescued him from the sewers. I suppose it feels nice being a hero for once. Back then, I was for sure the villain that caused millions of deaths. Well, times have changed I guess. I did feel a bit of guilt having originally only taken the quest for its gold, but I feel it became more meaningful to me than just gold could've been. Hmm, maybe I should interact with others more... it's not only the world I should be exploring afterall.

After applying for the quest, I uneventfully made my way to the prison, where I was given a simple tour of the cells and an introduction to my duties. Although the quest objective was to watch over a single prisoner, it seemed that the guards had put me in charge of a small group of cells. I didn't particularly mind since I thought the day would pass by peacefully regardless, with the cell walls being so thick and the prisoners being shackled so tightly.

The day passed by as uneventfully as I imagined it to be.

The prisoners chatted amongst themselves mundanely, some regretful of their actions, some more psychopathic and some mentally unstable. At noon, I passed each prisoner their lunch and took then took their trays away. Some reacted a little from seeing my mistmatched eyes, but it was nothing too serious.Then in the evening, I passed each prisoner their dinner and then took their trays away. Finally, sometime during the night, I swapped shifts with another guard before leaving the premise.

Although repetitive and mundane, I felt that I had learnt a little more about what makes a criminal. It had been a while since I had experienced such a peaceful quest, perhaps if I just needed some easy rewards, I could do this again sometime.
"Seems like you executed it flawlessly, there isn't much more I can say about it.

"We can only hope more prisoners regret their actions and turn themselves into better people and look forward to a brighter future.

"May the gods forever bless each of our steps, and guide us to the best of their capabilities."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 50
Money: 1G

AliceShiki

After the slight embarrassment of appraising something that had already an appraised mark in it, I decided I should be a bit more careful when looking through the next reports.
After I travelled the south for 2 days, I came across the swamp region and found some yellow trees. It seems these trees are not fully grown, they might start to grow when the swamp spread out. There are a lot of crabs, crayfish, and reptiles around here mostly normal size with the exception of a giant serpent I saw during the night. The swamp gets really foggy in the night and morning so be careful when camping there.

I found that most of the reptiles I saw do not use venom but either shred the prey apart or shallow it whole. Some of them got really interesting ability though, like shotting stream of water or shred skin to escape. I fought few creatures in the swamp, serpents' scales are pretty slippery while lizards got spiky and hard scales. I haven't fought crocodiles when I was there because my gut tells me to leave them alone for now.

Then I found a large lake nearly the size Scribel when I got out of the swamp, this probably where the other adventurer came here or another water source since I haven't go to the east or west yet. Across the lake, I spotted a structure like a fence and humanoid creatures with green or brown skin and crocodile-like jaw catch some fish from the lake, I assumed that those are lizardman. Since they may be hostile to us, I decided to not interrupt them and head back to town.
"Not much to comment I suppose? More information is always welcome, and I'm glad you could come back unharmed.

"May the gods keep you safe now and forevermore."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 3G

OOC: Try tagging your report in some way that makes it easy to see it was already appraised btw! It helps making life easier for the people that go through them~

Last edited:

AliceShiki

The next report was about someone doing the night watch... Let's hope it is another peaceful report.
Night Watch
Sponsor
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters that get too close to the city, and sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Watch for vagabonds and criminals, and sound the alarm if there is suspicious behavior.
  • Stay awake for the whole night. Do not leave your post.
Explanation: Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed. We need people to help keep the city safe.
Reward:
  • EXP: 25
  • Money: 1G
Quest Report - Solet' Luna ( EXP: 75 )
- Solet had already asleep but I still wanted to read my books, and where is better than the Night Watch Tower? The light of the candles can never be compared to the natural moonlight!

Just as I was enjoying my read, a beam of light abruptly shone and dimmed down. It appeared to be some kind of flying object crashed landing onto somewhere outside of the city. Although the location of the site was unknown, the general direction was to the west of the city.

Because of that event, I placed my book down and continued to keep an eye out for any possible change around the general surrounding. If not for the different laws of magic, I would have sent out some scouts to keep a lookout.

Aside from the unidentified object crash site, the only eventful moment was when a loud scream echoed the city. It appeared that some adventures were fooling around the campfire, watching the sky while talking about some other mundane subjects. One of them had a death-like aura around it tho, which intrigued me a little.
"An adventurer with a death-like aura and a beam of light crashing outside the city? Those are quite unusual things to report... Hopefully none of them leads to anything more troublesome though.

"Regardless, please pay proper attention to your duties, reading a book while you're supposed to be in watch might make the difference between a citizen escaping in time from an attack or being kidnapped. While I understand the task is mostly monotonous, it is one whose importance cannot be underestimated.

"Since you knowingly decided to ignore your duties to read, I'm afraid I cannot give you the full reward. Though you'll still get a part of it since you changed your behavior midway through.

"Please work hard from the beginning next time, I'm sure the gods are already pleased with your advancements, and further improvements will only make them look more fondly upon you."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 20
Money: 0.75G

OOC: Try tagging your report in some way that makes it easy to see it was already appraised btw! It helps making life easier for the people that go through them~

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Oh my, yet another report from this person? They're certainly hardworking. Let's see...
I'm here in the middle of nowhere and I also wonder how I got here...

Oh. A travelling merchant asking for direction Scribel. *points to the east* Well this is a easy job... WAIT A MINUTE! How can I tell which way the town located?! No no no NO. Did someone wiped my memory? Again, I don't know how I got here but I got free food and bed so no complaints I guess?

After that, I saw a caravan group heading out of the town looking $#&@ City. I don't where that city is so I asked my colleague, he said 'north-west for 2 days'. ANDDDDDDDDDDDD another question. Why is it $#&@ City? Why I cannot spell it?! Is this a rumour 'open the goddamn map first'? *sighs* I'm done for today. *sighs again* I have to check the supplies before going to bed.
_____

In the next morning after breakfast and workout, I got inside the guardhouse and found something on the table. Paperwork. What?! How stationing at outpost has to do with paperwork? My fellow co-worker, Why are you smiling like that? Do you know anything about this conspiracy? *read the contents* *sighs* I cannot believe that I found a paper request permission about 'building a farm' inside military camp! Oh my god! The paper began to appear in front of me out of nowhere! Why me??? I took a quest about managing remote outpost, not office work! I hoped someone can explain this to me after I head back to Scribel.
_____

Well. The rest of the month was anticlimactic. I was forced to do all the paper and tell the location of the village that can't even pronounce its name. It seems that the news about slime spreading also reaches this outpost around halfway through the month, I think this slime problem will be the main gossip for a while. This is the point that I left the outpost and just walk. Yeah, walks out without thinking of anything and then I somehow reach the town safely. Maybe we should send someone to investigate these mysterious places. A '$#&@ city', '!&$@$%! Mountains' and '&$@@!#$%*$'. What are these weird characters in my head anyway?
"Well, I suppose you did a good job? Though asking for help with directions and on how to properly pronounce a place's name is not a bad idea and might do you wonders in the future.

"May the gods grant you enough humbleness to request for help when you need it."

Final Reward:
EXP
: 135
Money: 20G

Feathers95

Outpost Station
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Be stationed at an outpost for one month.
  • Assist travelers in any way necessary.
Explanation:
Throughout the country, there are small outposts that serve as stations where travelers can stop by for help. For this job, you will be stationed at a remote outpost for a month. You will manage supplies that are sent to you, keep horses fresh, and any miscellaneous things that you see fit.

Rewards:
Quest Report (8)
Name
Level: 2 (475 EXP)
Quest: Outpost Station
Evaluation:
  • Stationed at a southern swamp-bordering outpost for a month
  • Personally saved one traveller
  • Helped save 12 travellers
After travelling south for a while, I finally came across the outpost I am stationed at, one bordering the swamp region. The last green tree I had spotted was around an hour ago, now replaced by an abundance of sickly yellow trees. As much as it was a bit daunting being stationed near an unexplored region, I was secretly quite excited. Finding new things was always fun no? Maybe like when I gathered herbs last time, I could bring back some interesting stuff for the guild to research.

As I strolled into the outpost's premises, which had a tall wooden-metal fence surrounding it for security purposes, I silently noted down some of the more dangerous looking creatures I had seen around. Chances are, I'd probably have to battle them at some point, afterall, I'd be here for a month! Hopefully not alone though, I'm only level 2! The main creature I was worried about was the giant tail of a serpent I had seen on the way here...

Before long, I had settled into a bit of a daily routine. I would often be stuck in the watchtower during the early morning, or feeding/grooming the mounts in the stables. There were griffins, pegasi, chimera, bulky lizards, and many other varieties which I would slowly learn how to appease and take care of. One of the lizards grew to become quite fond of me actually, it made me want a mount of my own! During the afternoon I would often help prepare lunch for the other adventurers or check on the secureness of our defences. Later on, I would often be stuck in the storeroom or office sorting out supplies or paperwork... I may have had minor flashbacks of a certain quest but fortunately, the files here were far more organized.

The other adventurers stationed at the outpost were hardened, but kind-hearted warriors who had just seen too many of the younger folk walk into the swamp unprepared and get devoured. As such, they were super strict on where I was allowed to walk around/explore. The commander of this specific outpost, since it's in quite a dangerous spot, was an experienced combatant who often told tales of his adventures to the newbies like me. The stories often had important key points to remember, like always carrying a map on you or never exhausting your mana, so I was always grateful for his teachings.

Although I had helped save many travellers from the swamps during this time, mainly gathering their dropped supplies or feeding them meals if they were bedridden from injuries, the only time I had personally rescued someone was in the latter half of the month.

I was out and about on the outskirts of the swamp, hunting down some of the reptiles or birds in the area to reduce the nearby danger levels, when I heard a sudden scream for help. It was a woman's voice, and judging by the fact that I only heard her, she must've been alone. Immediately, I sent up a signal flare before rushing towards the direction of her voice.

I was greeted with a gruesome sight. A giant worm-like creature, half-protruding out of the ground, was swallowing a tearful woman's legs. As it pulsed, I noticed that its mouth was lined with hundreds of razor-sharp teeth which was slowly pulling the woman inside its mouth to swallow her whole.

There was no time to lose! Immediately, I sent out a blast of fire towards the creature to try and catch its attention, before rushing towards it, sword in hand. The worm spat out the woman angrily as it flailed in the fire, her legs thoroughly ruined by the thing's teeth, before rolling about in the swamp to put itself out. Realizing that I had achieved what I wanted, I immediately put my sword away, grabbed the woman, and ran. My priority here was to save this traveller, not defeat this worm thing that I probably couldn't even compete with!

Just as the worm burrowed underneath the soft swampy ground and charged towards us, a sudden tremor rumbled beneath my feet with a screech, alongside the sound of something being crushed. Glancing behind worriedly, I realized that something that resembled the worm's flesh had burst through the ground alongside a muddy pile of blood.

Such a powerful earth spell!

Rushing ahead, knowing that reinforcements had arrived, I quickly handed the woman off to the priests/medical team. Although my pride thoroughly swelled from all their praises at saving a passing traveller all by my lonesome, I was still in conflict with myself. I needed to get stronger! After pestering the earth mage a bit, I continued the rest of the month learning more about magic and mana in this world. As the woman recovered and left, she thanked me tearily and said that she would repay the favour one day. I feel... I am slowly redeeming myself in this world and I'm proud of it!

Referenced the environment described by:
After I travelled the south for 2 days, I came across the swamp region and found some yellow trees. It seems these trees are not fully grown, they might start to grow when the swamp spread out. There are a lot of crabs, crayfish, and reptiles around here mostly normal size with the exception of a giant serpent I saw during the night. The swamp gets really foggy in the night and morning so be careful when camping there.

I found that most of the reptiles I saw do not use venom but either shred the prey apart or shallow it whole. Some of them got really interesting ability though, like shotting stream of water or shred skin to escape. I fought few creatures in the swamp, serpents' scales are pretty slippery while lizards got spiky and hard scales. I haven't fought crocodiles when I was there because my gut tells me to leave them alone for now.

Then I found a large lake nearly the size Scribel when I got out of the swamp, this probably where the other adventurer came here or another water source since I haven't go to the east or west yet. Across the lake, I spotted a structure like a fence and humanoid creatures with green or brown skin and crocodile-like jaw catch some fish from the lake, I assumed that those are lizardman. Since they may be hostile to us, I decided to not interrupt them and head back to town.
South.

Long time.

Water.

Much water.

Deep.

Unsure size.

Water.

Also trees.

Not many trees.

Trees had yellow.

Small trees.

Last edited:

gallantkun

*QUEST REPORT VERIFIED BY KONAHA*
Slime Research Project (bump)
Sponsor
: Scribel City Guild
Objectives:
  • Capture three different types of slimes.
  • Observe and record features of their biology.
Description: Recently, unusual slime behavior has been observed in the area. A giant hoard of slimes overran a bandit settlement. We feel that it is necessary to research slimes in order to better understand the nature of this threat.
Rewards:
  • EXP: 90
  • Money: 3
Quest Report

'This is a quest tailor-made for me.' I thought as I claimed the quest paper. With paper in hand, I directly rushed to a small wood cabin at the periphery of the town. The cabin looked neat from afar but weird smell wafted the air surrounding the cabin.

'He must be at home today." I covered my nose with a cloth before I started knocking on the door.

"Who is it?" a loud, gruff voice could be heard from the other side of the door.

"It is me, Kail."

"Oh, that little boy. Come on inside."

"I am not a little boy, old Cale."

Cale the Alchemist snorted at Kail's response.

I walked inside the cabin and had to pinch my nose as the smell was too overbearing.

"What can I help you, kiddo?" an old man in his 60s with a scruffy beard and short white hairs sat behind a counter. He seems to make some weird potions.

I explained the quest I got from the Guild and wanted Cale to help me in the endeavor. I slowly explained what I had already experimented with the slimes the other days.

"Oh, I never thought you can use soap to deter slime. Fascinating. So, what kind of assistance do you want?" Cale stopped his potion brewery for the moment and looked at Kail with a glittering gaze.

"I need to borrow a small room and a lot of buckets with lids. And also I need soap or any soap-like substances."

"There is an empty hut behind the house, you can use that. For the bucket and soap, you can use the 4 buckets inside the storeroom and I will synthesize some soap when you need it but you have to gather the material yourself."

"No problem, and thank you for lending me a hand."

Cale snorted and waved his hand "No need to thank me. I will be the first to learn about your little experiment and it will be helpful for my shop."

After the exchange, I quickly gathered all the materials I needed inside the small hut. I also made a makeshift slime cage by smearing soap inside the wooden bucket, prevent slime from corroding the bucket.

I spent the entire day collecting different types of slime that I could find within the city. Eventually, I gathered a lot of specimens and started my research for the coming week.

I used a sword, a club, and a spear to test the slime's durability.

After countless slashing, hitting and poking them to death, I concluded that piercing attack is the most effective followed by slashing attack and blunt attack. Why a piercing attack is the best? If your accuracy is high, you can easily poke out the slime core. Your entire force will be focused on the spear tip and the slime viscosity cannot impede your thrust.

I asked the old man Cale for the magic test. After he rigorously fired his magic at the slimes multiple times, I and Cale concluded that normal slime is extremely weak to magic. All offensive types of magic can easily kill the slime no matter the element. It seems the slime core reacted negatively to the mana inside the magic spell and caused the slime body to break down. I also tested it on dark green slimes and sewer slime and they also reacted the same as the normal green slime.

(Please note, this only works on a normal variant of slime and not the weird mutant variant. So, please use this information at your own risk against strong mutant slime.)

Note: Sewer slime is more durable than the normal slime.

Note: Please smear your weapon with alkaline substances before fighting against slime. My sword started to crumble after I relentlessly slash the slimes but my soap coated spear is still usable after the test.

I filled a large basin with soapy water. After that, I drowned the specimens inside the bath and covered the lids.

I checked the basin 10 minutes later and I found out that normal green slime had lost much of their body mass. From the size of the slime, it had lost at least half of its weight and the slime jiggled weakly inside the bath.

I picked the small, weak slime put on the table as I observed its reaction. I jokingly wanted to put back the little slime inside the bath but I can feel the slime quivered weakly. I decided to put this slime aside and put it inside a little bucket. I named thee Sir Jiggle-a-lot. :blob_melt:

Note: Slime has basic emotions and conveyed their feeling by vibrating their body at certain frequencies.

I restarted the experiment and tested it on dark green slime and sewer slime. Both of these slimes were unaffected against alkaline water.

After observing both of these slimes carefully and poking around, I found out that sewer slime has a thick layer membrane covering its surface.
That actually makes sense because sewer slimes created their nest inside an area mostly filled with water. So, they evolved their membrane to prevent any unwanted water to enter their body.

For dark green slime, I found out their body actually contained a high amount of alkaline. So, I pitted the dark green slime against normal slime. They countered against each other and died out after both slimes tried to devour each other. Sewer slime would avoid the dark green slime at all costs. It instinctively knows to avoid its natural enemy.

Conclusion: Alkaline substances are proving useful against normal green slimes but ineffective against special types of slime such as sewer slime and dark green slime.

The normal slime could eat any type of food as long as it doesn't contain any alkaline substances.

But sewer slime was pickier than I thought. It fed on organic waste materials but it didn't touch any building materials such as bricks or metal pipe. Now I knew why the city didn't collapse when there is a lot of sewer slime roaming inside the sewers. If they actually ate bricks, I fear that the city is already a goner.

The most surprising thing I found out would be that dark green slime is a vegetarian. Wow, a herbivore slime. I bought a lot of medicinal herbs and fed it to dark green slime. I noted that the coloration of the dark green slime would turn a shade darker if I fed it with high-quality herbs. Hence, I would feed it with healing herbs for an entire week.

A week later, the dark green slime (from now on I will call it Smitty) started to secrete healing mucous from its body. Hot damn. Cale was quite excited when I told him about my discoveries and he started to breed a large amount of dark green slime with medicinal properties. We dubbed the slime with medicinal properties as Herb Slime. (not the most original name but at least it is straightforward.)

Conclusion: Each slime variant has its own diet cater to their needs. If Herb Slime is the prove of vegetarian slime, perhaps there are slime species out there that only feast on meat. Thinking about it has already sent a chill down my spine and I will run as far as possible when facing against carnivorous slime.
Conclusion:

The slime research project is money consuming and I am unable to capture any strong mutant slime. My level is inadequate and it will be a tremendous help if the Guild is willing to fork money and manpower on this project.

PS: Can you increase the reward? I have used all of my money for this project.

Last edited:

M.D

City Construction
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Spend a day performing construction labor.
Explanation:
There’s always things to be built in a frontier city, and we could always use more manpower. We fix potholes, repair walls, and more! The job isn’t very dangerous, although it can be physically tiring.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 30
Quest Report
Character:
Storkbeard

Is this how ya use this thing? Just write whatever happened today innit?
I helped the workers with the heavy liftin and nearly hit my head on a steel beam. The boss scolded me for wasting time and I snapped back at him, saying that he should go and do it himself if he didn't want to waste any time.
In the end, we fought and I got a good punch down his nether regions. Damned fella wont be using his thing anytime soon. Heh. Now that I'm thinking about it, it probably wasn't a good idea to fight your boss on your first quest...

Silver

Night Watch
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters that get too close to the city, and sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Watch for vagabonds and criminals, and sound the alarm if there is suspicious behavior.
  • Stay awake for the whole night. Do not leave your post.
Explanation: Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed. We need people to help keep the city safe.
Reward:
Name: Cassel
Level: 1 (75 Exp)
Report:
Taking another shift on the night watch. He was greeted with the same view his post always gave him empty darkness. While the usual animal cries and bugs chatter was going on, he thought about increasing his strength.

Not for some noble purpose, more so he could least defend himself from slimes on the street rather then just fail his arms around. That and fact making it to level three in the guild to take their free guard training sounded like it'd take him forever to do so.

Anyways during most of the night nothing happened and he traded shifts with his usual guard whose name now was apparently Jerry.

Edit: Evaluated by Receptionist Konaha :blob_paint:

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Name: Cassel
Level: 1 (75 Exp)
Report:
Taking another shift on the night watch. He was greeted with the same view his post always gave him empty darkness. While the usual animal cries and bugs chatter was going on, he thought about increasing his strength.

Not for some noble purpose, more so he could least defend himself from slimes on the street rather then just fail his arms around. That and fact making it to level three in the guild to take their free guard training sounded like it'd take him forever to do so.

Anyways during most of the night nothing happened and he traded shifts with his usual guard whose name now was apparently Jerry.
Good job here's your reward.
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been filed. Thanks.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Quest Report
Character:
Storkbeard

Is this how ya use this thing? Just write whatever happened today innit?
I helped the workers with the heavy liftin and nearly hit my head on a steel beam. The boss scolded me for wasting time and I snapped back at him, saying that he should go and do it himself if he didn't want to waste any time.
In the end, we fought and I got a good punch down his nether regions. Damned fella wont be using his thing anytime soon. Heh. Now that I'm thinking about it, it probably wasn't a good idea to fight your boss on your first quest...
Please don't get in fights with your client.

As this is your first quest I will still give you part of the reward but if you do it again the Guild won't be so lenient.
  • EXP: 20
  • Money: 0.25G
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been filed. Thanks.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Quest Report (8)
Name
Level: 2 (475 EXP)
Quest: Outpost Station
Evaluation:
  • Stationed at a southern swamp-bordering outpost for a month
  • Personally saved one traveller
  • Helped save 12 travellers
After travelling south for a while, I finally came across the outpost I am stationed at, one bordering the swamp region. The last green tree I had spotted was around an hour ago, now replaced by an abundance of sickly yellow trees. As much as it was a bit daunting being stationed near an unexplored region, I was secretly quite excited. Finding new things was always fun no? Maybe like when I gathered herbs last time, I could bring back some interesting stuff for the guild to research.

As I strolled into the outpost's premises, which had a tall wooden-metal fence surrounding it for security purposes, I silently noted down some of the more dangerous looking creatures I had seen around. Chances are, I'd probably have to battle them at some point, afterall, I'd be here for a month! Hopefully not alone though, I'm only level 2! The main creature I was worried about was the giant tail of a serpent I had seen on the way here...

Before long, I had settled into a bit of a daily routine. I would often be stuck in the watchtower during the early morning, or feeding/grooming the mounts in the stables. There were griffins, pegasi, chimera, bulky lizards, and many other varieties which I would slowly learn how to appease and take care of. One of the lizards grew to become quite fond of me actually, it made me want a mount of my own! During the afternoon I would often help prepare lunch for the other adventurers or check on the secureness of our defences. Later on, I would often be stuck in the storeroom or office sorting out supplies or paperwork... I may have had minor flashbacks of a certain quest but fortunately, the files here were far more organized.

The other adventurers stationed at the outpost were hardened, but kind-hearted warriors who had just seen too many of the younger folk walk into the swamp unprepared and get devoured. As such, they were super strict on where I was allowed to walk around/explore. The commander of this specific outpost, since it's in quite a dangerous spot, was an experienced combatant who often told tales of his adventures to the newbies like me. The stories often had important key points to remember, like always carrying a map on you or never exhausting your mana, so I was always grateful for his teachings.

Although I had helped save many travellers from the swamps during this time, mainly gathering their dropped supplies or feeding them meals if they were bedridden from injuries, the only time I had personally rescued someone was in the latter half of the month.

I was out and about on the outskirts of the swamp, hunting down some of the reptiles or birds in the area to reduce the nearby danger levels, when I heard a sudden scream for help. It was a woman's voice, and judging by the fact that I only heard her, she must've been alone. Immediately, I sent up a signal flare before rushing towards the direction of her voice.

I was greeted with a gruesome sight. A giant worm-like creature, half-protruding out of the ground, was swallowing a tearful woman's legs. As it pulsed, I noticed that its mouth was lined with hundreds of razor-sharp teeth which was slowly pulling the woman inside its mouth to swallow her whole.

There was no time to lose! Immediately, I sent out a blast of fire towards the creature to try and catch its attention, before rushing towards it, sword in hand. The worm spat out the woman angrily as it flailed in the fire, her legs thoroughly ruined by the thing's teeth, before rolling about in the swamp to put itself out. Realizing that I had achieved what I wanted, I immediately put my sword away, grabbed the woman, and ran. My priority here was to save this traveller, not defeat this worm thing that I probably couldn't even compete with!

Just as the worm burrowed underneath the soft swampy ground and charged towards us, a sudden tremor rumbled beneath my feet with a screech, alongside the sound of something being crushed. Glancing behind worriedly, I realized that something that resembled the worm's flesh had burst through the ground alongside a muddy pile of blood.

Such a powerful earth spell!

Rushing ahead, knowing that reinforcements had arrived, I quickly handed the woman off to the priests/medical team. Although my pride thoroughly swelled from all their praises at saving a passing traveller all by my lonesome, I was still in conflict with myself. I needed to get stronger! After pestering the earth mage a bit, I continued the rest of the month learning more about magic and mana in this world. As the woman recovered and left, she thanked me tearily and said that she would repay the favour one day. I feel... I am slowly redeeming myself in this world and I'm proud of it!

Referenced the environment described by:
Well done on your first quest taking you outside the city bounds.

Your report will likely be used as reference in the library about the worm you encountered.

Last edited:

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Quest Report Evaluated by @Zoey
It's Time to be a Maid!

Sponsor: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild

Objectives:

Spend a day as cleaning the Tavern.
Help out around the Tavern.
Explanation:

So you know that Tavern where a bunch of adventurer's live? Since it's owned by the government, the city will pay for you to work there. Sweep the floors, do the laundry, wash the dishes, help out at the bar...

Rewards:

EXP: 25
Money: 1G

"All Set!" I exclaimed as I tied the final ribbon around my neck. "The Maid uniform is a pain to wear." I twirl in front of the mirror. "It sure as hell is cute though."

I arrive by 9:00 am. Headmaid Constance notices me and greets me, "Morning Vivis, you are here on perfect time for this! Can you sweep the floor super fast? Rosa has fallen ill and there is barely time left before the seats start filling up." Constance then shouts," Rosa just sit and mind the register for today. I will quickly go and get some medicine for you. Vivis will sweep the floors."

Taking the magic broom in my hand (I swear I did not pretend to be a witch! Okay ...maybe just a little bit...) I rode it around and cleaned the floors. A crash and half an hour later, I had cleaned most of the premise.

Rosa was having a hell of fever. The flaming nekomata might as well have been another oven. While I was worried Rosa was more like,"It's fine. It is a normal fever, my kind gets such all the time. Not a big deal at all. Constance is just being too overprotective..." The Ice elemental customer melting a bit just by being near her was not supporting her argument.

I was then assigned the job of doing the laundry. I was asked to start doing it, Albert would come and help me once he is done with with his foraging in the nearby forest.

I almost fainted seeing the several pile of clothes. There were just too many of them. Starting from the smallest pile of pillow covers, I summoned half a dozen dolls and got them to work. "Afterall there is no way this Oujo-sama is going to wash clothes with her own hands!" I said with exaggerated acting. The honest truth was that the dolls were miles better than me at this.

While the dolls were working I started picking up tubs full of clothes with my hands and tail and started dumping them straight into sections of the huge room sized Spin cleaner.

Albert came just in time and took over. I finally got a break. I sat behind the bar, checking my make-up. It had held on well everywhere but my hand. I reapplied makeup on my hands and ended up wasting my break just lazing around.

Rosa passed me some lemon juice as my break ended and hers started. I was to serve the customers. Constance had taken over the register for now although she was somehow taking care of half the tables too.

"A plate of Roasted Salmun"
"Hai"

"Some coffee please"
"Coming"

"Vivis! Get me some Roasted spicy Sand"
"Is that even suppose to edible?"

"A bottle of booze!"
"It is barely noon Grandpa..."

Rosa had taken over the register again as it was now lunch time. I was helping the headmaid with the tables still. Well rather than 'helping' it was more like barely taking order of a single table by the time Constance was done serving three. I then got reassigned to the washing dishes as Constance had everything under control. After busy two hours the tavern had settled down. Taking a break, we all finally had lunch. Albert had specially made some Spicy curry with bone chips for me. Yum!

Now it was just lazing around for a while. Few tables were occupied and the orders were few and far between. My job had basically boiled down to showing the new guests who just checked in their rooms. Rosa had fallen asleep due to her fever. She looked rather cuddly. A cuddly oven. Hehe.

we got the tables ready and cleaned the floors again just before people start arriving for dinner. Dinner was even worse than lunchtime. I was being sent to washing plates once again. Rosa looked perfectly fine now and was taking care of the bar. Apparently she was one of the best bartenders in this region. I wonder why does she not work in some of those expensive places then.

Washing more dishes then anyone has right to make this Oujo-sama wash (Okay few..urr..most of them were taken care of by the dolls but I also did quite a few of them myself you know!), I could still barely keep up pace with the demand. Albert would often end up doing some to like it was nothing and only then I could meet the demand.

A brawl had started and it was just getting violent. The two guys were just about to smash some chairs only to get jump kicked by a pissed off headmaid. Instant KO. Another group tried to hit on Rosa. Instant KO x2.

By 11 in night there was no job left for me to do. I had my dinner. Rosa slipped me a drink and it was finally bliss. The nocturnal maids took over and everyone was finally done with their job. A cute drunk headmaid and a butler who drank alcohol like water later, we all ended up drunk and wobbled to our respective rooms falling asleep.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Quest Report

'This is a quest tailor-made for me.' I thought as I claimed the quest paper. With paper in hand, I directly rushed to a small wood cabin at the periphery of the town. The cabin looked neat from afar but weird smell wafted the air surrounding the cabin.

'He must be at home today." I covered my nose with a cloth before I started knocking on the door.

"Who is it?" a loud, gruff voice could be heard from the other side of the door.

"It is me, Kail."

"Oh, that little boy. Come on inside."

"I am not a little boy, old Cale."

Cale the Alchemist snorted at Kail's response.

I walked inside the cabin and had to pinch my nose as the smell was too overbearing.

"What can I help you, kiddo?" an old man in his 60s with a scruffy beard and short white hairs sat behind a counter. He seems to make some weird potions.

I explained the quest I got from the Guild and wanted Cale to help me in the endeavor. I slowly explained what I had already experimented with the slimes the other days.

"Oh, I never thought you can use soap to deter slime. Fascinating. So, what kind of assistance do you want?" Cale stopped his potion brewery for the moment and looked at Kail with a glittering gaze.

"I need to borrow a small room and a lot of buckets with lids. And also I need soap or any soap-like substances."

"There is an empty hut behind the house, you can use that. For the bucket and soap, you can use the 4 buckets inside the storeroom and I will synthesize some soap when you need it but you have to gather the material yourself."

"No problem, and thank you for lending me a hand."

Cale snorted and waved his hand "No need to thank me. I will be the first to learn about your little experiment and it will be helpful for my shop."

After the exchange, I quickly gathered all the materials I needed inside the small hut. I also made a makeshift slime cage by smearing soap inside the wooden bucket, prevent slime from corroding the bucket.

I spent the entire day collecting different types of slime that I could find within the city. Eventually, I gathered a lot of specimens and started my research for the coming week.

I used a sword, a club, and a spear to test the slime's durability.

After countless slashing, hitting and poking them to death, I concluded that piercing attack is the most effective followed by slashing attack and blunt attack. Why a piercing attack is the best? If your accuracy is high, you can easily poke out the slime core. Your entire force will be focused on the spear tip and the slime viscosity cannot impede your thrust.

I asked the old man Cale for the magic test. After he rigorously fired his magic at the slimes multiple times, I and Cale concluded that normal slime is extremely weak to magic. All offensive types of magic can easily kill the slime no matter the element. It seems the slime core reacted negatively to the mana inside the magic spell and caused the slime body to break down. I also tested it on dark green slimes and sewer slime and they also reacted the same as the normal green slime.

(Please note, this only works on a normal variant of slime and not the weird mutant variant. So, please use this information at your own risk against strong mutant slime.)

Note: Sewer slime is more durable than the normal slime.

Note: Please smear your weapon with alkaline substances before fighting against slime. My sword started to crumble after I relentlessly slash the slimes but my soap coated spear is still usable after the test.

I filled a large basin with soapy water. After that, I drowned the specimens inside the bath and covered the lids.

I checked the basin 10 minutes later and I found out that normal green slime had lost much of their body mass. From the size of the slime, it had lost at least half of its weight and the slime jiggled weakly inside the bath.

I picked the small, weak slime put on the table as I observed its reaction. I jokingly wanted to put back the little slime inside the bath but I can feel the slime quivered weakly. I decided to put this slime aside and put it inside a little bucket. I named thee Sir Jiggle-a-lot. :blob_melt:

Note: Slime has basic emotions and conveyed their feeling by vibrating their body at certain frequencies.

I restarted the experiment and tested it on dark green slime and sewer slime. Both of these slimes were unaffected against alkaline water.

After observing both of these slimes carefully and poking around, I found out that sewer slime has a thick layer membrane covering its surface.
That actually makes sense because sewer slimes created their nest inside an area mostly filled with water. So, they evolved their membrane to prevent any unwanted water to enter their body.

For dark green slime, I found out their body actually contained a high amount of alkaline. So, I pitted the dark green slime against normal slime. They countered against each other and died out after both slimes tried to devour each other. Sewer slime would avoid the dark green slime at all costs. It instinctively knows to avoid its natural enemy.

Conclusion: Alkaline substances are proving useful against normal green slimes but ineffective against special types of slime such as sewer slime and dark green slime.

The normal slime could eat any type of food as long as it doesn't contain any alkaline substances.

But sewer slime was pickier than I thought. It fed on organic waste materials but it didn't touch any building materials such as bricks or metal pipe. Now I knew why the city didn't collapse when there is a lot of sewer slime roaming inside the sewers. If they actually ate bricks, I fear that the city is already a goner.

The most surprising thing I found out would be that dark green slime is a vegetarian. Wow, a herbivore slime. I bought a lot of medicinal herbs and fed it to dark green slime. I noted that the coloration of the dark green slime would turn a shade darker if I fed it with high-quality herbs. Hence, I would feed it with healing herbs for an entire week.

A week later, the dark green slime (from now on I will call it Smitty) started to secrete healing mucous from its body. Hot damn. Cale was quite excited when I told him about my discoveries and he started to breed a large amount of dark green slime with medicinal properties. We dubbed the slime with medicinal properties as Herb Slime. (not the most original name but at least it is straightforward.)

Conclusion: Each slime variant has its own diet cater to their needs. If Herb Slime is the prove of vegetarian slime, perhaps there are slime species out there that only feast on meat. Thinking about it has already sent a chill down my spine and I will run as far as possible when facing against carnivorous slime.
Conclusion:

The slime research project is money consuming and I am unable to capture any strong mutant slime. My level is inadequate and it will be a tremendous help if the Guild is willing to fork money and manpower on this project.

PS: Can you increase the reward? I have used all of my money for this project.
We thank you for the information, relevant documents in the library should be updated given this new information.

As for increasing the reward the most I could do is add an extra 10G.
  • EXP: 110
  • Money: 13G

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
"All Set!" I exclaimed as I tied the final ribbon around my neck. "The Maid uniform is a pain to wear." I twirl in front of the mirror. "It sure as hell is cute though."

I arrive by 9:00 am. Headmaid Constance notices me and greets me, "Morning Vivis, you are here on perfect time for this! Can you sweep the floor super fast? Rosa has fallen ill and there is barely time left before the seats start filling up." Constance then shouts," Rosa just sit and mind the register for today. I will quickly go and get some medicine for you. Vivis will sweep the floors."

Taking the magic broom in my hand (I swear I did not pretend to be a witch! Okay ...maybe just a little bit...) I rode it around and cleaned the floors. A crash and half an hour later, I had cleaned most of the premise.

Rosa was having a hell of fever. The flaming nekomata might as well have been another oven. While I was worried Rosa was more like,"It's fine. It is a normal fever, my kind gets such all the time. Not a big deal at all. Constance is just being too overprotective..." The Ice elemental customer melting a bit just by being near her was not supporting her argument.

I was then assigned the job of doing the laundry. I was asked to start doing it, Albert would come and help me once he is done with with his foraging in the nearby forest.

I almost fainted seeing the several pile of clothes. There were just too many of them. Starting from the smallest pile of pillow covers, I summoned half a dozen dolls and got them to work. "Afterall there is no way this Oujo-sama is going to wash clothes with her own hands!" I said with exaggerated acting. The honest truth was that the dolls were miles better than me at this.

While the dolls were working I started picking up tubs full of clothes with my hands and tail and started dumping them straight into sections of the huge room sized Spin cleaner.

Albert came just in time and took over. I finally got a break. I sat behind the bar, checking my make-up. It had held on well everywhere but my hand. I reapplied makeup on my hands and ended up wasting my break just lazing around.

Rosa passed me some lemon juice as my break ended and hers started. I was to serve the customers. Constance had taken over the register for now although she was somehow taking care of half the tables too.

"A plate of Roasted Salmun"
"Hai"

"Some coffee please"
"Coming"

"Vivis! Get me some Roasted spicy Sand"
"Is that even suppose to edible?"

"A bottle of booze!"
"It is barely noon Grandpa..."

Rosa had taken over the register again as it was now lunch time. I was helping the headmaid with the tables still. Well rather than 'helping' it was more like barely taking order of a single table by the time Constance was done serving three. I then got reassigned to the washing dishes as Constance had everything under control. After busy two hours the tavern had settled down. Taking a break, we all finally had lunch. Albert had specially made some Spicy curry with bone chips for me. Yum!

Now it was just lazing around for a while. Few tables were occupied and the orders were few and far between. My job had basically boiled down to showing the new guests who just checked in their rooms. Rosa had fallen asleep due to her fever. She looked rather cuddly. A cuddly oven. Hehe.

we got the tables ready and cleaned the floors again just before people start arriving for dinner. Dinner was even worse than lunchtime. I was being sent to washing plates once again. Rosa looked perfectly fine now and was taking care of the bar. Apparently she was one of the best bartenders in this region. I wonder why does she not work in some of those expensive places then.

Washing more dishes then anyone has right to make this Oujo-sama wash (Okay few..urr..most of them were taken care of by the dolls but I also did quite a few of them myself you know!), I could still barely keep up pace with the demand. Albert would often end up doing some to like it was nothing and only then I could meet the demand.

A brawl had started and it was just getting violent. The two guys were just about to smash some chairs only to get jump kicked by a pissed off headmaid. Instant KO. Another group tried to hit on Rosa. Instant KO x2.

By 11 in night there was no job left for me to do. I had my dinner. Rosa slipped me a drink and it was finally bliss. The nocturnal maids took over and everyone was finally done with their job. A cute drunk headmaid and a butler who drank alcohol like water later, we all ended up drunk and wobbled to our respective rooms falling asleep.
Thanks for your work at the tavern here's your reward.
P.S. Your report very fun to read.

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in the City of Scribel.
  • Bring back 10 slime cores.
Explanation:
Slimes are a pest in Scribel, and they end up in all sorts of weird places. While they aren’t exactly dangerous, they can slowly erode structures and damage buildings over time. They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff. Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 75

Quest Report - Okarin
I was walking around the other day and I found a wrinkly sheet of paper on the ground. It was yet another guild flyer — Slime subjugation again?! People seemed to really dislike slimes here. :blob_pat_sad:

Well, I decided to ignore the flyer again and carried on with my day. However, when I was lazing around the rooftops, I actually stumbled across a slime. It was a cute little thing — a vegetable slime of course (unlike an amazing slimeperson like me!) — splashing around a rain puddle as innocent as a slime could ever be. It was just too adorable.

I watched it sploosh around for a little bit while I snacked on a couple rock pebbles myself (vitamins and minerals are healthy for you!).

However, then I suddenly had a dark thought.

Someone was going to kill that slime, weren't they?

Even though it was a just a cute adorable vegetable slime doing nothing wrong, the people in this city didn't like slimes. Adventurers killed slimes. Slimes were killed by adventurers. It was part of the food chain. I stared at the subjugation flyer in my hands and suddenly felt depressed.

I considered the morality of my situation.

If I ignored the slime and carried on with my own business, that slime was guaranteed to die with near perfect certainty. Was that the same thing as participating in the slime genocide? Was doing nothing the same thing as abandonment? It wouldn't take me very much effort to reach out to do something — yet did I want to? Why was I hesitant? Would it really trouble me so much to save one slime?

I pondered seriously over my dilemma as the cute slime continued to wiggle around as innocent as a baby, oblivious to its surroundings.

+ + +

Finally, I stood up and took off my cloak.

I walked over to the slime, knelt down, and gently enveloped the little slime with my cloak. It wiggled slightly, but was generally quite cooperative. It knew my intentions were benign.

I shivered slightly upon touching it.

Normally, I didn't like to touch wild slimes like these — especially with my bare flesh. Even right now, I was careful to hold it only through the thick fabric of my cloak.

Slimes are a nonverbal species. Although wild slimes did not 'speak' in a human sense, they had a powerful sense of taste and touch. When slimes mingled, they exchanged fluids and flavors. Even from a simple touch — through a layer of thick wool notwithstanding — I knew exactly how this slime was feeling. Similarly speaking, it intimately knew my feelings. It knew exactly where I had been, just as I could feel the taste of concrete dandelions and rusted wind vanes it had been chewing on all day 100 meters to my left.

It was precisely like sharing a memory.

And it was happy.

It didn't understand why I felt conflicted.

It thought the pebbles that I recently ate tasted bleh. On the other hand, some of the 'grass' that I stuffed myself with the past week tasted quite nice. It had a sweet flavor that was rare to find out here in the urban jungle. The sweet flavor was very nice. Very nice indeed.

This was the 'slime language' per say.

I trembled a little bit more.

+ + +

Later, I ended up walking out of the city and simply put down the slime outside on a grassy hill far enough away from the city that an adventurer would be unlikely to bother it.

For the rest of the day, I did this with 9 more slimes —

— I picked them up and simply carried them out of the city.

Of course, I avoided sewer slimes because they were like eww and I didn't want to literally taste sewage.

However, the other slimes were fine. By the time I finished this, it was already sunset, and I was exhausted.

Physically exhausted?

Or emotionally exhausted?

In either case, I stared at the slime subjugation flyer again as I sat down on an empty barrel.

I didn't have any slime cores. Of course I didn't have any (except my own). To get one of those, you had to kill a slime.

I sighed and walked into the guild and filed a report anyways.

---------END-------

Last edited:

gallantkun

Quest Report - Okarin

I was walking around the other day and I found a wrinkly sheet of paper on the ground. It was yet another guild flyer — Slime subjugation again?! People seemed to really dislike slimes here. :blob_pat_sad:

Well, I decided to ignore the flyer again and carried on with my day. However, when I was lazing around the rooftops, I actually stumbled across a slime. It was a cute little thing — a vegetable slime of course (unlike an amazing slimeperson like me!) — splashing around a rain puddle as innocent as a slime could ever be. It was just too adorable.

I watched it sploosh around for a little bit while I snacked on a couple rock pebbles myself (vitamins and minerals are healthy for you!).

However, then I suddenly had a dark thought.

Someone was going to kill that slime, weren't they?

Even though it was a just a cute adorable vegetable slime doing nothing wrong, the people in this city didn't like slimes. Adventurers killed slimes. Slimes were killed by adventurers. It was part of the food chain. I stared at the subjugation flyer in my hands and suddenly felt depressed.

I considered the morality of my situation.

If I ignored the slime and carried on with my own business, that slime was guaranteed to die with near perfect certainty. Was that the same thing as participating in the slime genocide? Was doing nothing the same thing as abandonment? It wouldn't take me very much effort to reach out to do something — yet did I want to? Why was I hesitant? Would it really trouble me so much to save one slime?

I pondered seriously over my dilemma as the cute slime continued to wiggle around as innocent as a baby, oblivious to its surroundings.

+ + +

Finally, I stood up and took off my cloak.

I walked over to the slime, knelt down, and gently enveloped the little slime with my cloak. It wiggled slightly, but was generally quite cooperative. It knew my intentions were benign.

I shivered slightly upon touching it.

Normally, I didn't like to touch wild slimes like these — especially with my bare flesh. Even right now, I was careful to hold it only through the thick fabric of my cloak.

Slimes are a nonverbal species. Although wild slimes did not 'speak' in a human sense, they had a powerful sense of taste and touch. When slimes mingled, they exchanged fluids and flavors. Even from a simple touch — through a layer of thick wool notwithstanding — I knew exactly how this slime was feeling. Similarly speaking, it intimately knew my feelings. It knew exactly where I had been, just as I could feel the taste of concrete dandelions and rusted wind vanes it had been chewing on all day 100 meters to my left.

It was precisely like sharing a memory.

And it was happy.

It didn't understand why I felt conflicted.

It thought the pebbles that I recently ate tasted bleh. On the other hand, some of the 'grass' that I stuffed myself with the past week tasted quite nice. It had a sweet flavor that was rare to find out here in the urban jungle. The sweet flavor was very nice. Very nice indeed.

This was the 'slime language' per say.

I trembled a little bit more.

+ + +

Later, I ended up walking out of the city and simply put down the slime outside on a grassy hill far enough away from the city that an adventurer would be unlikely to bother it.

For the rest of the day, I did this with 9 more slimes —

— I picked them up and simply carried them out of the city.

Of course, I avoided sewer slimes because they were like eww and I didn't want to literally taste sewage.

However, the other slimes were fine. By the time I finished this, it was already sunset, and I was exhausted.

Physically exhausted?

Or emotionally exhausted?

In either case, I stared at the slime subjugation flyer again as I sat down on an empty barrel.

I didn't have any slime cores. Of course I didn't have any (except my own). To get one of those, you had to kill a slime.

I sighed and walked into the guild and filed a report anyways.

---------END-------

Fascinating! What a rare specim-- I mean report.

Your knowledge about the slime can save years of research and it will help the city to defend against any aggressive slime hordes. But in your case, you pity your own race, right? Why not buy/rent a small land to house a lot of slimes. Perhaps with your wisdom, you can enlighten the slime peasant.

Since you didn't obtain any slime core, we couldn't reward you with money but you can still get the experience for your kindheartedness.

*STAMP*

Partially Completed

Rewards
:
  • EXP: 75

Feathers95

Shepherding Sheep
Sponsor
Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Take a flock of sheep out to graze.
  • Protect the sheep from getting eaten by any monsters.
  • Do not lose any sheep.
Explanation:
Shepherding sheep might sound like a simple task, but monsters are everywhere in the world of Tonia! Can you protect the flock without losing a lamb? Note: You may be fined by the guild if you lose too many sheep.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 130
  • Money: 4G
Quest Report (9)
Name
Level: 3 (610 EXP)
Quest: Shepherding Sheep
Evaluation:
  • Took 26 sheep out to graze
  • Lost 1 sheep
Not gonna lie, I think sheep are adorably fluffy creatures. Sure they might not be as easy to hold or cuddle like a rabbit or hamster, but just look. at. that. FLOOF.

Ahem... anyway, after some deep and sophisticated thinking, I decided to take on the Shepherding Sheep quest. I knew it would be difficult taking care of such a large group of animals, but the fl-rewards were pretty good so I decided to go for it.

After putting on an appropriate shepherds outfit, I led the sheep towards the open fields by the northern forests. I'm not too sure if I was seeing things or not, but I swore I saw sheep that ate brightweed and twin flowers suddenly grow in size by a tiny amount. Probably just my imagination though.

Fortunately, I didn't lose any sheep during this initial journey outwards. There were a couple of wolf-like creatures eyeing them up, but a small fireball in their direction was enough to temporarily scare them away. Whilst the little sheep were grazing, I counted them up every hour or so whilst petting their fluffiness. Otherwise, I stayed on the branch of a small tree to survey my surroundings better.

As orange hues began to appear over the horizon, I decided to head back with my little sheep. Perhaps too at bliss distracted with the fluffiness my own thoughts, I reacted late to a sudden wolf attack at the rear of my flock! Three sheep were being dragged out and hunted by a pack of ravenous hounds, which I quickly rushed towards after snapping out of my daze. Swinging my silver sword at one wolf, and a fiery spell at another which were clutching the sheep by their jaws, I managed to save two. Unfortunately, though the last sheep was still partially in sight, I couldn't chase after it, otherwise, I'd be sacrificing the rest of the flock of sheep behind me! All I could do was send a fireball in their direction before treating the injured sheep and continuing on our way. Afterall, the longer we stayed out here, the longer my fluffballs were endangered! Sheep... I mean sheep.

Fortunately, yet sadly, that sheep was the only one lost on my outing.

Last edited:

gallantkun

Quest Report (9)
Name
Level: 3 (610 EXP)
Quest: Shepherding Sheep
Evaluation:
  • Took 26 sheep out to graze
  • Lost 1 sheep
Not gonna lie, I think sheep are adorably fluffy creatures. Sure they might not be as easy to hold or cuddle like a rabbit or hamster, but just look. at. that. FLOOF.

Ahem... anyway, after some deep and sophisticated thinking, I decided to take on the Shepherding Sheep quest. I knew it would be difficult taking care of such a large group of animals, but the fl-rewards were pretty good so I decided to go for it.

After putting on an appropriate shepherds outfit, I led the sheep towards the open fields by the northern forests. I'm not too sure if I was seeing things or not, but I swore I saw sheep that ate brightweed and twin flowers suddenly grow in size by a tiny amount. Probably just my imagination though.

Fortunately, I didn't lose any sheep during this initial journey outwards. There were a couple of wolf-like creatures eyeing them up, but a small fireball in their direction was enough to temporarily scare them away. Whilst the little sheep were grazing, I counted them up every hour or so whilst petting their fluffiness. Otherwise, I stayed on the branch of a small tree to survey my surroundings better.

As orange hues began to appear over the horizon, I decided to head back with my little sheep. Perhaps too at bliss distracted with the fluffiness my own thoughts, I reacted late to a sudden wolf attack at the rear of my flock! Three sheep were being dragged out and hunted by a pack of ravenous hounds, which I quickly rushed towards after snapping out of my daze. Swinging my silver sword at one wolf, and a fiery spell at another which were clutching the sheep by their jaws, I managed to save two. Unfortunately, though the last sheep was still partially in sight, I couldn't chase after it, otherwise, I'd be sacrificing the rest of the flock of sheep behind me! All I could do was send a fireball in their direction before treating the injured sheep and continuing on our way. Afterall, the longer we stayed out here, the longer my fluffballs were endangered! Sheep... I mean sheep.

Fortunately, yet sadly, that sheep was the only one lost on my outing.

Excellent job. It is already good enough to survive an attack from a pack of wolves but to slay some of them, that is outright fantastic.

And please don't let the sheep graze any powerful herbs next time. It will be terrifying if they became a mana beast and start to consume the entire forest.

Since you only lost one sheep, this can be considered a success.

*STAMP*

Rewards
:
  • EXP: 130
  • Money: 4G

Feathers95

Hunting Mission
Sponsor
Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Hunt some medium-large game.
  • Note: Must be edible.
Explanation:
The chef at the guild wants some ingredients re-stocked! Of course there needs to be meat! Meat!! Meat!!!! Bring us some meat!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 110
  • Money: 3G
  • Items: 5 jerky
Quest Report (10)
Name
Level: 3 (740 EXP)
Quest: Hunting Mission
Evaluation:
  • Large game collected: A bear
Although I don't know how to do archery, tracking nor have any hunting training whatsoever, I decided to have a go at hunting. It was indeed a reckless decision, but hey, you never know until you try right? As usual, I went to the library to shove as many manuals and information logs into my brain as possible before heading out. I still didn't really feel prepared enough for this quest, but I ventured into the northern forests again regardless.

Quietening my footsteps as much as possible, I wandered deeper and deeper into the sea of green, where both flora and fauna abounded. Since I wasn't really that sneaky, especially with me accidentally stepping on crunchier leaves/twigs from time to time, I didn't find any appropriate creatures to hunt on my journey. A few more hostile creatures popped out at me though, like a giant rat or a goblin, which I disposed of without too much difficulty since they were alone.

Finally, I found an appropriate tree to hide in, covered by leaves of varying shades of green and branches which intertwined towards the skies. I knew I wasn't stealthy enough to walk around, so I decided to just wait for prey to come to me. Slowing down my breathing and barely moving my body, I peered through the tiny gaps in the leaves for any appropriate prey to come by. Hours passed, with only the odd slime passing by.

Just as I was about to give up, the faint sound of a beast's footsteps entered my ears. Immediately renewing my determination, I waited for the creature to come into sight before assessing the situation. A tall brown bear with a painful-looking scar running across its face slowly came into view, looking as if it was about to walk on by obliviously. To kill it in one hit, I had to wait patiently for the right moment. Sure I could just engage it in a direct confrontation, but I didn't want to risk damaging the bear and soiling it's meat if I could help it.

Silently, I condensed and cooled the air around my right hand, slowly forming a viciously sharp ice shard. Over and over again, I refined the hollowed/weaker areas of the shard, hoping to make it as sturdy as possible despite its tiny size. Just as the beast's head casually turned to look in the opposite direction from where I was, I threw the shard at the beast's neck. My throw wasn't exactly stealthy, but the distance was small enough that by the time the bear had turned towards me, the shard had been embedded in its neck. After a minor amount of struggling, the bear fell to the forest floor, lifeless.

Quite excited and proud of my success, I tied the bear up, froze it and hauled it back to the city with me. I swore dragging it home took so much longer than hunting it... I was lucky I had my ice magic to preserve the prey.

Last edited: