Mustachu
+ + +
Cooking Rations
SponsorLocationRequirements
Adventurer's GuildScribel RegionLevel 1
ObjectivesDescription
  • Visit the guild kitchens.
  • Cook 40 satisfactory rations.
The guild stockpiles on rations in case of emergency.
Rations are foods that are easily preserved and can store for a long time.
The Adventurer's Guild provides the ingredients, and there is an easy recipe to follow.
One ration is one day's worth of food.
EXPGoldItems
4010G5 rations
+ + +

Character: Omni (Level 1)
Quest: Cook cook Cooking Rations!!!

Hello, Receptionist!

I have decided, I am a cook now! I got the ingredient from the store house and went to the guild kitchen and really when at it, in no time at all I made one portion of ration.

I ate it right away.

Of course I did, what did you expect, I HAD to taste test them, any good chef would do the same!

On the second day, after making my 50th? batch and eaten that too... I start to notice something , the recipe was... missing a certain... somethin' somethin'... A bit of an edge... SO, being the great chef that I am, I made it better, I added a bit my my hometown in to the recipe.

You won't have this spice here, and you won't have heard of it, it's call Dungeon-moss. Back home when we get hungry and there's nothing to eat we munched on that.

It gives a electrify feeling like mana is burning your insides! Its great!

So here

*hands over 40 portions of Luminescent rations*
I'm not sure we can take these, sorry.
EXPGoldItems
400G
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been filed. Thanks.
OOC: Daily cost of living is 10G.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
And this should be the last one in the pile I believe. Let's see...

From miss Felicia? And she is already a ranked adventurer? Dear Goddess, she has surely grown fast, I wonder how she fared on the more dangerous quests.
Quest Report (19)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 5 (2600/3000)
Quest: Border Patrol
Evaluation:
  • Patrolled the outskirts of Scribel City for a day
  • Dealt with some of the nearby monsters close to the city

After a month of living out in the wilderness and fighting every second for survival, safe to say, I was thoroughly knocked out as soon as my head hit the pillow. Fortunately, I still had enough reason left in me to wrap a blanket around the egg I retrieved from one of the Giant Kukuu Bird nests on Bighorn Mountain, just before passing out.

When I awoke, after sleeping for at least a day, I sorely climbed out of bed and gently knocked on the egg wrapped in blankets in my room. Excitedly, the little fellow inside wobbled around a bit after realizing I was there, but didn't seem to have enough energy yet to break open the egg.

Perhaps catching on to the creature's excitement, I too looked forward to what kind of beast would hatch from the egg. Perhaps a bird? A snake? A tortoise? A lizard? Or perhaps even the much rarer dragon? or griffin? I wracked my head thinking of possible creatures that could hatch from an egg, though in all honesty, this was a strange new world. Who's to say mammals couldn't hatch from eggs here? Deciding to clear my mind a bit and fill my famished stomach, I went for a hearty meal at the tavern before heading off for a new quest.
---
The quest I decided to enlist in was plain and simple, guard the borders of the city! To be honest, since I finally got my equipment back from the receptionists, I was kind of looking forward to fighting some foes at my full strength. But since my body was still kind of sore and unstable, I decided to take on a bit more of a mundane task for the day.

As I expected, the task was rather boring. There were a couple of times I fought against a couple of dire wolves eyeing up the city, or a few goblins wandering a bit too close for comfort, but other than that, nothing much happened. I must admit, it felt nice swinging my sword and firing my bow again. Since my stamina and endurance had increased during that month-long expedition to Gem's Ravine, I felt that my sword was even more weightless than before and that my bow was even easier to draw back and fire with.
---
I no longer felt much of a threat from the common creatures around Scribel, which was a thought that gradually grew in my mind as I progressed in strength. But since there were definitely still things for me to deal with here, such as clearing the demonic boar in the inner regions of the northern forest when I was stronger, or helping scout out the slime horde, or aiding the explorative efforts around the region, I felt that I should stay until there was no longer a reason to be here.

Afterall, I quite liked the people here too, like the kind/snarky/helpful receptionists that evaluated my reports, little Cassel that I had taught swordsmanship to, little Ryzen who had perfectly enchanted my sword(but still hasn't opened an enchantment stall for some reason), Okarin who had aided me in locating Gem's Ravine and Vor who had accompanied me alongside Brad and Elise to burn a goblin encampment to the ground.
"Welcome back, miss Felicia, it's always a pleasure to see you doing this well.

"I must say I'm impressed by your growth, it feels like it was just a few days ago that I was warning you about not getting careless and putting yourself into danger unprepared, and now you're already a ranked adventurer? Color me amazed, I'm sure the gods are very pleased with your growth.

"I don't have much more to say, may they forever guide your path, and ensure you do not stray from it."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 200
Money: 20G

OOC: Remember to tag your report as appraised in some way! ^^)/

AliceShiki

So there were more reports left on my table by the time I finished appraising them?

Let's see...
Quest report

Name
: Kuon
Lvl: 1
Quest: Finding the lost engagement ring

• I try to find the quest client, find him an bar within the the red light district.
  • A crying man is sitting in the counter.
  • The quest client did not respond to me. So the bartender answer in his stand.
  • The ring fell in the sewer it seems.
  • I go toward the sewer gate outside of the city, a guard try to stop me. I ignore him... He grab my arm & scold me. I gaze at him...at his soul.... He shut up, release me my arm, turn very pale & tremble uncontrollably the guard fell on his knees, with eyes wide open while tears flood his eyes as his teeth chattering like crazy..all while gazing at me... I pay him no heed & proceed to the sewer.
  • Dark, sticky, foul smell
  • A big rat attacks me. I Pierce it in the eye socket until I reach its brain & crushed it by bare hands.
  • A big worm attack's me, I gaze at it & I said "Burn" it die as flame burst out from within its body.
  • A big insect being attack's me. I tear off each of its leg one by one until only the head remain... I crush it with my feet stepping on its head.
  • A army of various kind of slime flood one of the sewer passage..... I killed all of it... But some run away immediately.
  • I big room at the end of a certain passage.
  • A giant slime started to talk...it said she is a"Demonic Queen blood slime" apperently a sentient being....we talk.
  • Conclusion: cannot be reason with, so we fight to death.
  • The Queen slime Beg for mercy as I held its heart in my hand...its core.. it promise to never again any of her kind will oppose me... I release her.
  • The Queen slime said. A much sinister aura is in the center of the sewer which force her out of her territory in the sewer, apperently perhaps the ring is in there as it is a hidden large room which is connect to all sewer passage of the city.
  • I found the place its indeed well hidden. A barrier is erected... Perhaps the ring is in the other side.
  • I tear off the magical barrier using one of my swords.. which is capable of destroying all kind of magic phenomenon.
  • Mountain of Gold, silver, jewelry & countless antique items...and Rat in various size, up to a giant rat bigger than human.
  • *Slash**punch**Peirce**Kick**kick**Stump**Slash**punch**punch**stab**crush* using my martial proficiency I go on a killing spree. Blood rains in each blow, shattering inner remains everywhere.. i did not stop Until all that is left is a sea of Dismembered guts & bloody remains of countless rats.
  • A laughter echo, a skin & bone looking female appear in a high ground.
  • Apparently she is a cultists who wants to bring the Advent of the evil God & burn Scrible to ground.........fake.
  • A big grotesque gold statue at the center of the large room, devoured all of the rats remain... The treasure in the room begin to melt & combined into golden the Statue
  • From a grotesque disfigured golden statue in became a image of a beautiful giant statue of a woman as it suck everything in the room.
  • The cultist lady laugh as she succeeded in her long plan.
  • There is a ring in the statue head....but 3 of them.
  • I beheaded the unmoving giant statue that somehow resembles my image & blood sprayed from its Dismembered body... The cultist shout in despair.. apparently its the statue of the worst evil god as she attempt to summon that in here.. ... I see... Fake indeed.
  • I collected the 3 ring from the statue head, while the cultist who lost her will did something & sacrifice her own body & soul as a new vessel for that fake evil god... But since I completed my quest already. I pay her no heed ignoring her self sacrificial ritual.... I'll just leave it on the report... Its none of my business.
  • As I reach the sewer entrance the guard is still in there soon as he saw me. He started crying & begging for mercy.... He pee his pants apparently.
  • .........look like its been 3 whole days since I enter the sewer
  • ...guess I'll head to the guild & pass this report.

Kuon eventually reach the guild & pass her report... Still covered by blood & fragments rats remain.
"... Miss Kuon, please watch what you eat, it seems you have been eating hallucinogenic mushrooms. Either that or you have been dreaming a bit too much, to the point you're thinking they're reality.

"I'm afraid I have to fail this report, please come back when you're at your right mind.

"May the gods grant you the peace of mind to pass a whole day sober."

Quest Failed.

OOC: Please mark this report as appraised in some way.
As for why it was failed, your character is clearly going way beyond the acceptable guidelines listed in the first post of the Registration thread.
Since Ohko said nothing about it, I assumed they PM'd you about it and you convinced them you were going to nerf your character or either use it purely for comic relief and never use her powers for anything meaningful.
This is clearly not what you're doing, so I can't accept a report where you're actively using your OP powers to clear it as it goes against the guidelines of the game.
Please rework your character before clearing another quest.

Silver

If You See Something, Say Something
Adventurer's GuildScribel RegionLevel 1
ObjectivesDescription
  • Observe something suspicious or noteworthy.
  • Report your findings to the guild.
Scribel City relies on civilians to maintain public order.
Please report sightings of suspicious people, monsters, and other concerning information.
The guild will assemble a task force to investigate and tackle the threat.
EXPGoldItems
500 - 30Gn/a
Quest: If You See Something, Say Something
Name:
Cassel
Level: 2 (225 Exp)
Report:
Looking out the familiar view in front of him, he couldn't help but sigh. It wasn't the night sky nor the familiar darkness he watched every other night but brothels, abandoned kids, and drunks strewed about.

That day, Jerry dragged him from the night watch. It wasn't to have fun, drink beer, and forget everything. No, it was to ask him this.

In the streets whispers of cultists, slaughtered children spread throughout, and there was nothing they could do about it. With no information and no man power they couldn’t do anything. So they came to him to see if he could find anything. He didn't like it but he'd do the job. He wasn’t going to move a second time.

With the distinct feeling of dirt on his skin and the smell of beer reminding him he could walk away anytime and no one would know. He ignored the doubts in his mind and dragged his body toward an alleyway besides a bar. Finding a hole some rats chewed through, he laid his body next to it with the dumpster above it covering his body with a shadow.

On the floor he listened to the conversations there. Being mostly of spite and hatred toward minor things. He closed his eyes, once more how long did he have to do such things. Look out, scout, info brokering were all things he did but did it really end well for him? What would Okarin or his teacher Felicia say if they saw them now. Well not that they could. According to the reports he’d read in the guild in his spare time Felicia had long surpassed him in level and reached rank E. Now she should be patrolling the borders of the city.

And, Okarin, while not as fast, was doing his best to save his fellow slimes. It made it hard for him to hunt any slime for practice. Since it’ll probably shock the little guy's heart if he ever took the life of one. Smiling bitterly at his situation he stayed on the ground waiting for something to pop up.

As the sunset and nightfall fell over and over again. He only waited. The only reason he didn’t move was because this was one of the blind spots in the guards patrols. Something would pop up soon if the criminals here were intelligent.

His patience paid off one day as after the bar closed, he heard a pair of footsteps enter the bar and the door slammed shut. The walls while thick still had the small holes in them so he could still hear them. And, while he couldn't hear most of it he heard phases like patrols routes, greedy guards, and a weird phase that was uttered constantly clock something.

Whatever a clock was, the fact they were talking about patrols and guards wasn't anything good. Dropping this information to the guards, he headed home. But with his conscious telling him something he turned back he filed it to the guild maybe they could do something with this.

Last edited:

Moshi

Bag Carrier: North Scribel Forest
Sponsor
: Stevie's Wardens
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Carry the loot bags.
  • Don't run away before the mission is over.
Rewards:
  • EXP: 50
  • Money: 20
Quest Report | Nyx (level 1 | 25/200)

It was a simple enough quest, "Carry the loot bags". I just put them in my item ring.

The north forest wasn't that dangerous either. The most serious threat we faced in the forest were a couple goblins, which provided some good parts. I also collected some healing grass to synthesize into healing potions - which sadly, I was forced to use on my worthless clients.

Overall though, it was a peaceful trip. All the bags were safely deposited, and nobody returned injured.

Reactions: GM

Zoey

Mustachu
Quest Report | Nyx (level 1 | 25/200)

It was a simple enough quest, "Carry the loot bags". I just put them in my item ring.

The north forest wasn't that dangerous either. The most serious threat we faced in the forest were a couple goblins, which provided some good parts. I also collected some healing grass to synthesize into healing potions - which sadly, I was forced to use on my worthless clients.

Overall though, it was a peaceful trip. All the bags were safely deposited, and nobody returned injured.
Good job on your quest, here's your reward.
  • EXP: 50
  • Money: 20
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been filed. Thanks.

AliceShiki

I wonder if that will be the last report I get from someone out of their right mind... Hopefully so, it would be a pity if this guild was filled with many people that behaved that way.

Now let's see...
Report for Quest: Investigate Local Apothecaries
Sponsor
: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild

Name: Randell Stephenson
Method of completion:
Before doing anything else involving the investigation, I gave the reports of the other guild members a quick read. The results were mixed. The first one showed that while the guild member was excellent at surveillance and infiltration, he didn't have the smarts to actually copy any notes or take anything that could be used to identify the man's (Donald) goal. The second one was excellent with magic and was able to find a location for a slime farm, but showed she understood nothing of slime biology. Slimes can live off of trash and sewage. Feeding them paper would not actually poison the slimes.

So, a mixed bag all around. A few fragments that may be unrelated.

When I had hunted slimes in the sewers previously I had noted that some of the sewer tunnels looked as though they had been cleaned (source). I hypothesized, after reading the reports, that the sewers were not cleaned by a good Samaritan, but had the trash removed so that it could be used for feeding the slimes. This warranted investigation.

I tracked down the location of the slime "farm" mentioned in a previous report and discovered that the interior of that area had been cleaned so well it was spotless. The tunnels that connected to the area were very clean as well. I believe that this is adequate support for that theory.
This took little time, but wasn't very rewarding.

Then, I decided to find the abandoned house that this "Donald" kept entering. I found the location and discovered that it also had someone guarding the interior. Someone such as myself would not be able to sneak inside normally. I decided to return back to the guild to do some planning in how to enter building.

I had mentioned before that I had snuck into the back of an apothecary to find some information. What I failed to mention previously was that I had stolen a uniform from that apothecary as well. I believed it would be frowned upon, but I believed it would be useful in the future. I was right.

I changed out of my typical clothes and into the uniform and left most of my gear behind. I traveled back to the abandoned house, but not before taking a dip in the sewer. I needed to get my role right.

When I arrived at the abandoned house, I stormed in angrily. The guard attempted to halt my entrance and the conversation we had sounded like this:

Guard: Hey, who are-
Me: Where the hell is Donald!?
Guard: Donald isn't here right now, now tell us who-
Me: Oh, that's just fucking typical, isn't it? So, he didn't tell you who I am? I'm Daniel? I work at the apothecary across town?
Guard: No, he didn't talk about you.
Me: Really?
Guard: Yes.
Me: He really didn't mention me? Of course he didn't, I just feed the slimes. After all, why would anyone give a shit about me?
Guard: Are you okay?
Me: DO I LOOK OKAY!?

At this moment, I threw my arms up, slightly splashing the guard with a bit of the sewage I was soaked with.

Me: For the fourth time this week, I've gotten completely covered in sewage! I fucking reek! I need a new job.
Guard: Well, Donald isn't here right now. He'll be back later.
Me: Good. I'll wait here for him then.

I walked over to one of the walls and sat down, content to "simmer in my rage". The guard was still a bit suspicious of me, but I was glaring at the door.

After about ten minutes, the paralysis had fully kicked in. I had snuck a bottle of it into my sleeve so that I could splash him with a bit when overdoing my actions. Once he was down, I walked over his body and found some rope in the back and tied him up.

Inside, I found exactly what Mr. Saknave was referring to in his report. There were bottles and vials of different mixtures everywhere. What Mr. Saknave didn't mention were how the animals in the cages looked. Some of them were dead, some were disfigured and many of them were both.

I found the back room that was also mentioned in the report and found the door was locked. Luckily, I had brought with me some acid I had managed to purify from some slimes. It didn't eat through the lock particularly quickly, but it ate through it enough for me to break the door open.

Inside a found a number of documents pertaining to the experiments as well as the slime operation. I was right about how they were feeding them, and the reason they were harvesting slimes themselves wasn't to make more mana potions, but because they didn't want to purchase from a seller and then have massive amounts of cores just disappear in their ledgers. The actual experimental drug seemed to be a potion that would grant a permanent boost in strength by saturating the body with mana and then breaking and reforming the muscles. However, this instead seemed to cause extreme disfigurement and death, as the muscles wouldn't grow back correctly.

After finding this information, I collected the documents I found, took a few samples of the potions, and brought it all to a nearby guardhouse. They assured me they would be making arrests, but just to make sure, I also memorized the guards' faces, names, and positions. I also kept a few of the documents and a sample so I could turn it over to the guild, to make sure that they would have evidence as well.
Quest Items Given: Some documents detailing Donald's experiments and a sample of the failed strengthening potion (DO NOT USE)
"That's quite the valuable information, mister Randell. Thank you for your contributions to these troublesome times.

"It would certainly be a blessing if this was the last of this chain of events, gods know we already have far too much on our hands.

"The extra steps you took to make sure you'd know if the guards didn't do their job properly are also much appreciated.

"That was an excellent job, may the gods keep blessing you with wonderful ideas and the will to help others in need."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 20G

OOC: Please remember to tag your report as appraised in some way~

Last edited:

Yorth

Swordman
City Guard Training
Sponsor
Required Level: 4
Objectives:
  • Get trained to be a City Guard for one week.
  • Pass the exam.
Explanation:
So you think you're strong enough to be on the City Guard, huh? Well, let's see if you can tough it out through basic training! A hotshot like yourself might have done a lot of solo work before, but here you'll have learn how to work as a team. You'll be assigned to a team of four (two pairs), and your entire team needs to work together to pass the final exam. Either you all pass or you all fail!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 250
  • Money: 2G
  • Item: City Guard Certificate

Post Evaluated

After reaching level 4, I was finally eligible for the City Guard quest. It had been on my radar since the moment I entered the guild, and I couldn't wait until I could start it.

After taking the quest, the receptionist told me to come back on Monday of next week for the test. I needed to be in front of the guild office by dawn. It will be then that I will be introduced to my new teammates. As such, I had lots of time to practice my skills.

For the whole week, I've only trained my fire control. I wanted to be able to create any shape I wanted and maintain it. My progress had been slow, but at the end of the training, I was finally able to shape the flames I conjured. This added much fluidity that was lacking in my fighting style. With this newfound power, I knew I could be much more versatile and useful.

The day had come. The birds chirped while the sky was painted in all gradients of orange. I stood in front of the building along with three other teenagers. They were all much older than me. Ten years, maybe older.

"Ehh, kid. Are you lost? Why are you standing in front of the guild building? Tell me where you live, I can send you to you there. Your mommy must be worried."

It was a boy with spiky hair and a long sword sheathed to his waist. He also had a small wooden shield that he wore on his arm. As he said those words, he looked at me smiling. While I was infuriated that he took me as just another kid, I knew that my size wasn't really the best indication of my might.

I looked at him coldly and said. "I'm here for the City Guard exam."

"Huh?" The three collectively had the same reaction. It was the first time I got a clear look at their face. A girl in white robes, ruby eyes, and violet hair. A boy wearing chainmail and black boiled leather.

"What? I'm level 4 like the rest of you." Honestly, I was exasperated with their attitude. No reason to belittle just because I am younger.

The spiky head boy had an expression of disbelief in his face. He probably thought I was just joking and playing them for a prank. The girl, on the other hand, didn't know what to say and just kept fidgeting in her place. It was the dude covered in black that first spoke.

"We're sorry. We didn't mean to disrespect you. It's just that for someone at such an age to be so powerful, that's a talent you don't see every day."

The assassin dude seemed a bit more levelheaded than the rest of his teammates. After he spoke, the other two completely changed their attitude and apologized. Seems like he was the leader of the group.

Either way, I wasn't here to start drama with people. For the City Guard exam, we needed to work as a team.

"Oy, I didn't know that the job this time was to be a baby sitter. Kid, what are you doing here? You lost?"

A middle-aged man clad in leather armor came from behind us. He wore a smug face as he looked at me.

I didn't succumb to his taunts. While the comments from the party and their reaction did annoy me at first, that's because I knew that they were genuine. This, however, was different. It was just a poor man's try at taunting me. I wouldn't fall for such a basic trick.

"I may be a kid, but you definitely can't babysit me. An old man with two feet in the grave would have a heart attack at the most innocent of my mischiefs."

Neither he nor the party expected this comeback. They all looked at me as if I was some sort of freak, not believing what their ears just heard.

"Wow, that's a sharp tongue you have there, kid." His surprised face then cracked into a grin. "Sadly, it might be your downfall too. Say, kid, did you bring your rations with you?"

My face turned pale as a sheet, while his grin became bigger.

"Guessed so. No lunch for you, mommy boy." After he was done taunting me, he clapped and looked around.

"Now, your attention please, everyone. I'm not gonna repeat the instructions so listen carefully. To become a city guard, you need to understand how to work as a team. Your comrades need to be able to trust their back to you and you need to be able to trust them too. Else, everything falls apart."

He scanned all four of us with his eyes before continuing.

"The four of you will have until sunset to reach the guild outpost in the northeast. It is twenty miles away. To reach it, you need to go through the forest, graze its innermost part where the most horrific beasts resides, cross the river and dodge the magical traps littered around the forest. I'll be waiting for you there."

"You, you, you." He pointed at the three beside me. "Go inside and take your lunch." He then looked at me and smiled. "Good luck, mommy boy."

His annoying grin kept stuck in my head even as he walked out of the city. My three teammates came back with their rations and looked at me.

"Hey, you know, we can always share with you our food, you know?" The other two nodded with the assassin dude's suggestion.

"No need, we will reach the outpost before lunch. If we arrive before him, we can share lunch then. Else, we'll just eat dinner and go back home."

My confidence wasn't unbased. I had mana eyes. If I wanted to run away from the danger, nothing could stop me.

"You," I looked at the girl. "What's your name?"

"Eek! Eh, Ve-Velvet..."

"Okay, I'll be calling you Vel from now on. My name is Vor, Vor Saknave. What about the rest of you?"

The spikey dude was named Leo, while the assassin was Rev. After the introductions, we walked out of the city.

In our way to the outpost, I micromanaged every single decision the group made. I knew that I could leave nothing to chance, else some clutz might screw us over. I took the safest routes at all times, making sure to avoid places with corrupted mana. As such, we took a long detour over the inner forest and didn't go through any of the goblin areas. While we did end up encountering some beasts, I made quick work of them with my fireballs. There was no way in hell I could trust a bunch of teenagers to do anything well, so I didn't even bother giving them tasks. In the end, we arrived safely.

It took us six hours to reach the outpost. By that point, the cleric was out of breath and the other two bored out of their mind. Seems like even with his more calm personality, Rev was still a hotheaded teenager. Their complaints, of course, went on deaf ears. If I didn't take complete control of the group, who knows when we would have reached the outpost?

The guard was already waiting at the post by the time we arrived. He seemed surprised at first that we were able to make it all the way here in such a short time but he quickly regained his composure.

"Okay, now that we're done with the exam, can you give us the certificate and let us be on our way. The way back to the city is long."

The guard looked at me with incredulous eyes before bursting into laugher.

"Wait, don't tell me, you thought that was the exam? Hahahaha, you're too funny dude, didn't you read the quest? It clearly said that you needed to train for a week before taking the exam."

I wasn't the only one surprised. Even the spikey dude couldn't help but ask.

"But if that wasn't the city guard exam, then what was it?!"

The guard's grin didn't give me any good premonition. "You see, we instructors have a certain degree of flexibility on the way we do things. I just chose for the training to be done outside the city for a change. So yeah, our little test from earlier was just an appetizer. Hope you will enjoy your stay."

God, even with the more than a million words present in the English language, I couldn't string together ones that would describe how much I wanted to punch that grin off his face.

After that, hell ensued. We were ordered to be separated, no one should even catch a glimpse of another. If two were to be ever found together, they were both to be starved for a day. As such, I couldn't share lunch with anyone. The rest of the day was spent with me running away from sabertooth tigers and five-meter long snakes on an empty stomach. Trust me, it wasn't fun.

By the end of the day, exhausted from all the running, but mostly hungry, I ate with an ogre-like appetite. Screw manners, my stomach had been gurgling for the past four hours and I'm not one to refuse its call.

We were separated even at dinner time. I wasn't sure at the time why he would separate us like this. Wasn't the objective of the quest learning to work as a team? How were we supposed to work as a team when we're all separated?! Either way, there wasn't anything I could do. I already learned about the hell that was fighting with an empty stomach for the whole day and I wasn't going to experience that again.

By the break of dawn, horns sounded all over the outpost. Needless to say, I was pissed. I begrudgingly made my way to the gates, my muscles still hurting from yesterday.

Same as the day before, we were instructed not to interact with each other. Everyone got their rations for the day, and off we went. This time, I was sent to the depths of the abyss. I was supposed to survive one day inside the inner forest and kill a demonized beast. This. Was. Suicide. I, better than anyone, knew how much I sucked in close-quarter combat. Even with all of my training, if I were to encounter a demonized beast, I would just be overwhelmed with their speed.

But, orders were orders. If I were to stop here, then everything I had done would be for nothing. I wasn't one to back down.

I should have backed down.

By lunchtime, most people would be with their family enjoying a nice, warm meal. But for me, I was the meal. A berserk, demonized board had been chasing me for the past two hours by then. My only saving grace was that whenever it charged, it couldn't change its direction. Bad news was, I couldn't do much to it either. If I tried to cast spells at it, it would crush me with its charge before I could finish the chant.

That was when my legs gave up. Turns out that it wasn't the brightest idea for a mage to run at full speed for two hours straight. At that point, I accepted my fate. I was going to die under the tusks of a dumb boar that screamed higher than a little girl. What a pathetic way to go.

I closed my eyes and braced myself, fully prepared for the inevitable outcome. The boar screamed and charged, I knew the pain was coming so my whole body tensed. And then... nothing happened.

The boar screamed yet again, but this time, it was one of pain. I opened my eyes to see what was actually going on, but what I saw was something I could never expect. Familiar faces surrounded me, the instructor with the stupid grin, the spiky-haired idiot boy, the useless weak cleric, and the black assassin.

The three teens surrounded the boar from all directions. The spiky-haired boy, Leo was his name I believe, tanked the boar charges with his shield. A golden aura surrounded him as he screamed. The black assassin immediately dashed in and slashed at the boar with his sword. He enveloped it in a dark aura that cut through the boar's tough defenses. Leo joined in and stabbed the demonic beast's neck with his sword, killing it.

Vel healed and rejuvenated me while the other two cut the boar in pieces. All the while, the instructor who I still didn't know the name of, smiled at me.

"So, what do you think of your party, little kid?"

I didn't know what to say. What did he expect me to say? They saved me. Of course, I was grateful to them.

"I am grateful that they saved me-"

"No!" The instructor cut me right through. "That's not it. They could give two craps about your gratefulness. So, let me ask you again, what do you think of your party?!"

I was startled. I didn't know what to say. However, before I could think about them, words came out of my mouth on their own.

"They are strong," I mumbled.

The guard smiled before exclaiming, "Yes! Your teammates are strong. Never forget that. They are people that you can trust. Now, sit up. For failing to do your task, your penality is to carry the meat of the boar. Rejoice. If it seems heavy, just think about what would have happened if all that was to charge at you like a truck!"

So I carried the boar to the outpost. The rest of the day was then spent training with the team. It seems that the "rule" of being separated was something that was applied to me alone. For the past two days, they have been honing their teamwork under the guidance of the instructor. The rest of the week's training wasn't that hard. It was mostly about positioning, understanding how to play as a team, and mana management.

While I did train with the team in the day, I didn't spend my nights idling. I kept on working solo, training my mana manipulation and fire control. I couldn't slack in those departments if I wanted to increase my strength. With my current power, a baby dragon could sneeze and I would die. I needed to grow stronger. By the end of the week, I learned a new neat trick. If I concentrated the mana in my fireball, it would grow smaller but much more deadly. I called this new technique: Miniature Sun. I knew that its strength was still a far cry from its name, but its potential was definitely enormous.

The exam at the end was to fight a demonized bear. This opponent proved to be much stronger, faster and more versatile than the boar. It also seemed to have a weaker version of mana sense as it could sense us before we appeared. Or maybe that was just our smell? Who knows. Either way, thanks to Vel's healing, Leo was able to somehow tank the bear's ridiculously powerful attacks. His shield was completely destroyed by the end of the fight.

Rev worked as an offtank DPS in this fight, whenever Leo was in danger, he would come in and take his place. He parried the bear's attack using his sword and dodged them with his amazing footwork. All the while, I kept bombarding the poor beast with miniature suns and star-shaped fireballs. Finally, the bear dropped.

We feasted that night like we never did before. I couldn't get any booze, but the rest of them did and they had fun. Even the instructor joined us and started cracking jokes. Throughout this week, I really warmed up to him. His name was Jack and he was an adventurer before becoming a City Guard. He was definitely one of the stronger ones, if not the strongest. One time, he went a bit overboard with his explanations and shattered a large tree just with a tap. It was a sight to behold.

By the next morning, he gave us our City Guard Certificates and bid us goodbye.

OOC: 2.7k words... oof

Last edited:

DanNepZen

Night Watch​
Adventurer's GuildScribel CityLevel 1
ObjectivesDescription​
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.​
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.​
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.​
  • Do not leave your post.​
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed.
We need people to help keep the city safe.
EXPGoldItems2510Gn/a​

Quest : night watch
Sponsor: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild

Name: Cleo
completion way:
I got to the destinated area and did a round of patrolling in the place noting out of the ordinary until I heard a scream somewhere I use [evasion up] to get to the source of the scream there I saw 4 people 3 of them is wearing a black cape that cover there entire body and I can't see there face the one that is covered with the cape then I saw the one guy? is lying on the ground with blood I unsheathed my katana and confronted the 3 with the cape.
One of them shoot some kind of magic... I think it's [wind] I manage to evade it. Then the other one pull out a dagger and was about to stab me with it I manage to block it and grab him on the arm and use [shock] and fall to the ground. Wen I look at the other 2 it seems they have escape I look at the guy on the ground wit blood but sadly he is long gone... multiple hit on his stomach and his hearth. I took the guy that I captured to the guard post and told them about my patrol.

Report of quest : 3 people murdered a guy that night one was caught the other 2 escape.

AliceShiki

The next report in the pile was actually a bit of an old one... It seems people forgot it there? How unusual... Let's see...
Today I pick this quest for now since I maybe able to help with some labor work I move to the place to see what I can do
Quest
Sponsor

completion way:
On the construction place I was task to grab and put some wooden logs in to the destinated place it's around 3 piles of them raging around 6 wooden logs per 1 pile so
"It seems like there were no issues, miss Cleo. It's good to see you were able to help with such ease.

"May the gods give you the strength to keep helping others."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 30
Money: 10G

FenrIIrz

Road Construction
Sponsor
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Spend a week building roads through the wilderness.
Explanation:
Connecting the scattered villages and towns throughout Tonia is a priority for the government. For this quest, you will join a team of workers laboring to build a road for one week. You will be outside of the comforts of civilization, and there is always dangerous things lurking in the wild.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 90
  • Money: 50G
We connect two villages to Scribel.

Short on food supplies during the last few days

Wolves sighting in the west

No monster disrupting our work so far

Nothing strange happened

AliceShiki

It always surprised me how fast the pile of reports could grow as I appraised them... I had to remind myself that I was here by the will of the goddess though, and therefore I should keep going through them.

Now what's next...?
Quest: If You See Something, Say Something
Name:
Cassel
Level: 2 (225 Exp)
Report:
Looking out the familiar view in front of him, he couldn't help but sigh. It wasn't the night sky nor the familiar darkness he watched every other night but brothels, abandoned kids, and drunks strewed about.

That day, Jerry dragged him from the night watch. It wasn't to have fun, drink beer, and forget everything. No, it was to ask him this.

In the streets whispers of cultists, slaughtered children spread throughout, and there was nothing they could do about it. With no information and no man power they couldn’t do anything. So they came to him to see if he could find anything. He didn't like it but he'd do the job. He wasn’t going to move a second time.

With the distinct feeling of dirt on his skin and the smell of beer reminding him he could walk away anytime and no one would know. He ignored the doubts in his mind and dragged his body toward an alleyway besides a bar. Finding a hole some rats chewed through, he laid his body next to it with the dumpster above it covering his body with a shadow.

On the floor he listened to the conversations there. Being mostly of spite and hatred toward minor things. He closed his eyes, once more how long did he have to do such things. Look out, scout, info brokering were all things he did but did it really end well for him? What would Okarin or his teacher Felicia say if they saw them now. Well not that they could. According to the reports he’d read in the guild in his spare time Felicia had long surpassed him in level and reached rank E. Now she should be patrolling the borders of the city.

And, Okarin, while not as fast, was doing his best to save his fellow slimes. It made it hard for him to hunt any slime for practice. Since it’ll probably shock the little guy's heart if he ever took the life of one. Smiling bitterly at his situation he stayed on the ground waiting for something to pop up.

As the sunset and nightfall fell over and over again. He only waited. The only reason he didn’t move was because this was one of the blind spots in the guards patrols. Something would pop up soon if the criminals here were intelligent.

His patience paid off one day as after the bar closed, he heard a pair of footsteps enter the bar and the door slammed shut. The walls while thick still had the small holes in them so he could still hear them. And, while he couldn't hear most of it he heard phases like patrols routes, greedy guards, and a weird phase that was uttered constantly clock something.

Whatever a clock was, the fact they were talking about patrols and guards wasn't anything good. Dropping this information to the guards, he headed home. But with his conscious telling him something he turned back he filed it to the guild maybe they could do something with this.
"I'm deeply thankful for your information, mister Cassel. While it is definitely not anything definitive, it is still something important for us to look out for.

"We'll repass this information to the guards, they might be able to ambush their ambusher with this.

"You have done a great service, many lives might have been saved by your investigation... While it is unfortunate that the attackers might lose their lives in the process, it is still a holy thing to have a hand in letting someone keep living for yet another day.

"May the gods keep giving you the determination to do the jobs others avoid."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 50
Money: 30G

Yorth

Swordman
Dire Wolf Subjugation
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Eliminate dire wolves.
  • Collect 3 dire wolf pelts.
Explanation:
Dire wolves are fearsome creatures known to attack humans. Hunt them to keep make the forest a safer place.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 180
  • Money: 30G

Post Evaluated

Quest Report:

After my last quest, I wanted something easy to do that wouldn't take much time. This quest seemed perfect for that. By the break of dawn, I made my way towards the forest to hunt for dire wolves. I already knew that there were sightings of wolves in the eastern side of the forest, so I made my way straight there. Using my mana eyes, I was quickly able to find a pack of three.

Two miniature suns, kaboom, they were dead. Their skin was burnt, but I skinned them regardless. Nothing said that the pelts had to be in perfect shape, right? I left the bodies to the beasts and made my way back to the city. The whole quest didn't take me more thank a few hours to complete. A drastic change compared to my usual ones.

Last edited:

Bochi

Abduction
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Track the enemy who abducted the victim.
  • Rescue the victim if possible.
Explanation:
We have a very disturbing report about an abduction that occurred just outside of the city. The full details are not clear, and it is unknown how many enemies there are, but they were last spotted headed towards the mountains. How good are your tracking skills?

Rewards:
  • EXP: 180
  • Money: 20G
"I...didn't make it in time. Excessive blood loss, the doctor said."

Still splattered in dried blood, the stony-faced girl handed over the report, along with a map and a rather familiar emblem, and looked away.
Oi, really. This place never goes a day without someone vanishing or getting killed by cultists, does it? I'll take a gander, on it, maybe there's still enough time.

Snatching the paper off the quest board, the adventurer ran off.

*****​

Now, Vicious' tracking skills had never been the best; dubious at worst. She used to be able to track down people hiding in the most unlikeliest of spots for...business. Still could, but for some reason there was an irritating urge to go off course. She ended up wasting precious minutes going off track and steering herself back.

Thankfully, the abductors were about as careful as rhinos, leaving rather obvious markings to where they were headed. Despite the delay, Vicious made such good time that she nearly ran into the back of the group. Stifling a gasp and ducking behind a tree, she looked on as the rather unfamiliar convoy continued onwards. Especially towards the beast that was carrying a cage on it's back with the abducted girl inside.

That's a Drapnir! Why do they have one of these?! The cost of getting one is practically astronomical...no, there's no way. Their equipment look shabby even from a distance, so...backing? Someone rich is backing these guys? Ugh, last thing I need on a morning.

As she looked at the convoy, Vicious weighted her options. She could attempt a rescue now, or wait until they've reached their base before attempting subterfuge. Honestly speaking, it would be more likely for her to get the victim out if she acted now. The two guards weren't the problem.

The problem was the Drapnir. Like it or not, the thing was hulking and moved on all fours, but could stand and fight on two legs if needed. Think crocodile, but with longer limbs and a more draconian snout---courtesy of their dragon ancestors. It was also actually smart. That made it a little difficult to risk a rescue.

I can see some kind of collar around it's neck, and if I'm not mistaken, that's the same kind of collar seen on slaves. Perhaps I can make use of that...

The path led up the mountain, then into a naturally formed cavern. The men unloaded their captive, left the Drapnir at the entrance, and headed in.

Here goes nothing.

Slowly inching her way towards the beast, which was starting to settle in for a nap, Vicious attempted to stay as quiet as she possibly could. She'd gotten within two metres when the thing opened one eye---and stared right at her.

Oh, f***. Act natural! Act like you belong here!

Trying her absolute best to avoid acknowledging the stiffness in her legs, Vicious walked right up to the beast, who was still staring at her.

Nice and easy, big boy. Nice...and easy...

Slowly, she reached out to touch the face, and when the beast did not object, she slowly moved her hand to it's neck.

*Click*

The collar fell off and landed on the ground with a soft thud. The Drapnir shook it's head, satisfied, before using it's snout to nudge her. It was like a big dog.

"That...nearly gave me a heart attack. Hey, big boy. Could I ask for a favour? I need a diversion to rescue the---"

*Eeeeeeeei!*

Huh?

The Drapnir had already gone inside even before she had finished talking, and judging by the screaming, it must have had quite the bone to pick with it's former masters.

Well, that's one hell of a diversion.

*****​

It took a while to find the room the captive was being held in. The ominous chanting and spooky red glowing helped quite a bit.

I swear, it this is yet another ritual going on...

As she entered the room, much to her regret, it was as she expected. At the other end was some kind of altar with the abducted girl, and standing over her was a cultist holding up a knife.

*BOOM!*

The barrel smoked as her last round splattered the cultist's brains all over the wall. Vicious kept an eye out for more as she rushed over to the girl, but no others came rushing in.

Perhaps they're busying dying at the hands of the big boy...oh no.

She wasted no time wrapping the girl's entire abdomen in bandage, before scooping her up and making a run for the exit. The Drapnir looked up as she passed, casually treading a man's head into the dirt.

"Big boy! Can you run? The girl needs to get a city doctor, and fast! Please!"

Last edited:

AliceShiki

After spending quite some time going through quests, I was starting to feel a bit tired... Yet they showed no sign of stopping, so I steeled myself and went through another one.

This time it was from mister Sarknave? I wonder how he was doing, it's been a while since I last saw him.
City Guard Training
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Get trained to be a City Guard for one week.
  • Pass the exam.
Explanation:
So you think you're strong enough to be on the City Guard, huh? Well, let's see if you can tough it out through basic training! A hotshot like yourself might have done a lot of solo work before, but here you'll have learn how to work as a team. You'll be assigned to a team of four (two pairs), and your entire team needs to work together to pass the final exam. Either you all pass or you all fail!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 250
  • Money: 2G
  • Item: City Guard Certificate

After reaching level 4, I was finally eligible for the City Guard quest. It had been on my radar since the moment I entered the guild, and I couldn't wait until I could start it.

After taking the quest, the receptionist told me to come back on Monday of next week for the test. I needed to be in front of the guild office by dawn. It will be then that I will be introduced to my new teammates. As such, I had lots of time to practice my skills.

For the whole week, I've only trained my fire control. I wanted to be able to create any shape I wanted and maintain it. My progress had been slow, but at the end of the training, I was finally able to shape the flames I conjured. This added much fluidity that was lacking in my fighting style. With this newfound power, I knew I could be much more versatile and useful.

The day had come. The birds chirped while the sky was painted in all gradients of orange. I stood in front of the building along with three other teenagers. They were all much older than me. Ten years, maybe older.

"Ehh, kid. Are you lost? Why are you standing in front of the guild building? Tell me where you live, I can send you to you there. Your mommy must be worried."

It was a boy with spiky hair and a long sword sheathed to his waist. He also had a small wooden shield that he wore on his arm. As he said those words, he looked at me smiling. While I was infuriated that he took me as just another kid, I knew that my size wasn't really the best indication of my might.

I looked at him coldly and said. "I'm here for the City Guard exam."

"Huh?" The three collectively had the same reaction. It was the first time I got a clear look at their face. A girl in white robes, ruby eyes, and violet hair. A boy wearing chainmail and black boiled leather.

"What? I'm level 4 like the rest of you." Honestly, I was exasperated with their attitude. No reason to belittle just because I am younger.

The spiky head boy had an expression of disbelief in his face. He probably thought I was just joking and playing them for a prank. The girl, on the other hand, didn't know what to say and just kept fidgeting in her place. It was the dude covered in black that first spoke.

"We're sorry. We didn't mean to disrespect you. It's just that for someone at such an age to be so powerful, that's a talent you don't see every day."

The assassin dude seemed a bit more levelheaded than the rest of his teammates. After he spoke, the other two completely changed their attitude and apologized. Seems like he was the leader of the group.

Either way, I wasn't here to start drama with people. For the City Guard exam, we needed to work as a team.

"Oy, I didn't know that the job this time was to be a baby sitter. Kid, what are you doing here? You lost?"

A middle-aged man clad in leather armor came from behind us. He wore a smug face as he looked at me.

I didn't succumb to his taunts. While the comments from the party and their reaction did annoy me at first, that's because I knew that they were genuine. This, however, was different. It was just a poor man's try at taunting me. I wouldn't fall for such a basic trick.

"I may be a kid, but you definitely can't babysit me. An old man with two feet in the grave would have a heart attack at the most innocent of my mischiefs."

Neither he nor the party expected this comeback. They all looked at me as if I was some sort of freak, not believing what their ears just heard.

"Wow, that's a sharp tongue you have there, kid." His surprised face then cracked into a grin. "Sadly, it might be your downfall too. Say, kid, did you bring your rations with you?"

My face turned pale as a sheet, while his grin became bigger.

"Guessed so. No lunch for you, mommy boy." After he was done taunting me, he clapped and looked around.

"Now, your attention please, everyone. I'm not gonna repeat the instructions so listen carefully. To become a city guard, you need to understand how to work as a team. Your comrades need to be able to trust their back to you and you need to be able to trust them too. Else, everything falls apart."

He scanned all four of us with his eyes before continuing.

"The four of you will have until sunset to reach the guild outpost in the northeast. It is twenty miles away. To reach it, you need to go through the forest, graze its innermost part where the most horrific beasts resides, cross the river and dodge the magical traps littered around the forest. I'll be waiting for you there."

"You, you, you." He pointed at the three beside me. "Go inside and take your lunch." He then looked at me and smiled. "Good luck, mommy boy."

His annoying grin kept stuck in my head even as he walked out of the city. My three teammates came back with their rations and looked at me.

"Hey, you know, we can always share with you our food, you know?" The other two nodded with the assassin dude's suggestion.

"No need, we will reach the outpost before lunch. If we arrive before him, we can share lunch then. Else, we'll just eat dinner and go back home."

My confidence wasn't unbased. I had mana eyes. If I wanted to run away from the danger, nothing could stop me.

"You," I looked at the girl. "What's your name?"

"Eek! Eh, Ve-Velvet..."

"Okay, I'll be calling you Vel from now on. My name is Vor, Vor Saknave. What about the rest of you?"

The spikey dude was named Leo, while the assassin was Rev. After the introductions, we walked out of the city.

In our way to the outpost, I micromanaged every single decision the group made. I knew that I could leave nothing to chance, else some clutz might screw us over. I took the safest routes at all times, making sure to avoid places with corrupted mana. As such, we took a long detour over the inner forest and didn't go through any of the goblin areas. While we did end up encountering some beasts, I made quick work of them with my fireballs. There was no way in hell I could trust a bunch of teenagers to do anything well, so I didn't even bother giving them tasks. In the end, we arrived safely.

It took us six hours to reach the outpost. By that point, the cleric was out of breath and the other two bored out of their mind. Seems like even with his more calm personality, Rev was still a hotheaded teenager. Their complaints, of course, went on deaf ears. If I didn't take complete control of the group, who knows when we would have reached the outpost?

The guard was already waiting at the post by the time we arrived. He seemed surprised at first that we were able to make it all the way here in such a short time but he quickly regained his composure.

"Okay, now that we're done with the exam, can you give us the certificate and let us be on our way. The way back to the city is long."

The guard looked at me with incredulous eyes before bursting into laugher.

"Wait, don't tell me, you thought that was the exam? Hahahaha, you're too funny dude, didn't you read the quest? It clearly said that you needed to train for a week before taking the exam."

I wasn't the only one surprised. Even the spikey dude couldn't help but ask.

"But if that wasn't the city guard exam, then what was it?!"

The guard's grin didn't give me any good premonition. "You see, we instructors have a certain degree of flexibility on the way we do things. I just chose for the training to be done outside the city for a change. So yeah, our little test from earlier was just an appetizer. Hope you will enjoy your stay."

God, even with the more than a million words present in the English language, I couldn't string together ones that would describe how much I wanted to punch that grin off his face.

After that, hell ensued. We were ordered to be separated, no one should even catch a glimpse of another. If two were to be ever found together, they were both to be starved for a day. As such, I couldn't share lunch with anyone. The rest of the day was spent with me running away from sabertooth tigers and five-meter long snakes on an empty stomach. Trust me, it wasn't fun.

By the end of the day, exhausted from all the running, but mostly hungry, I ate with an ogre-like appetite. Screw manners, my stomach had been gurgling for the past four hours and I'm not one to refuse its call.

We were separated even at dinner time. I wasn't sure at the time why he would separate us like this. Wasn't the objective of the quest learning to work as a team? How were we supposed to work as a team when we're all separated?! Either way, there wasn't anything I could do. I already learned about the hell that was fighting with an empty stomach for the whole day and I wasn't going to experience that again.

By the break of dawn, horns sounded all over the outpost. Needless to say, I was pissed. I begrudgingly made my way to the gates, my muscles still hurting from yesterday.

Same as the day before, we were instructed not to interact with each other. Everyone got their rations for the day, and off we went. This time, I was sent to the depths of the abyss. I was supposed to survive one day inside the inner forest and kill a demonized beast. This. Was. Suicide. I, better than anyone, knew how much I sucked in close-quarter combat. Even with all of my training, if I were to encounter a demonized beast, I would just be overwhelmed with their speed.

But, orders were orders. If I were to stop here, then everything I had done would be for nothing. I wasn't one to back down.

I should have backed down.

By lunchtime, most people would be with their family enjoying a nice, warm meal. But for me, I was the meal. A berserk, demonized board had been chasing me for the past two hours by then. My only saving grace was that whenever it charged, it couldn't change its direction. Bad news was, I couldn't do much to it either. If I tried to cast spells at it, it would crush me with its charge before I could finish the chant.

That was when my legs gave up. Turns out that it wasn't the brightest idea for a mage to run at full speed for two hours straight. At that point, I accepted my fate. I was going to die under the tusks of a dumb boar that screamed higher than a little girl. What a pathetic way to go.

I closed my eyes and braced myself, fully prepared for the inevitable outcome. The boar screamed and charged, I knew the pain was coming so my whole body tensed. And then... nothing happened.

The boar screamed yet again, but this time, it was one of pain. I opened my eyes to see what was actually going on, but what I saw was something I could never expect. Familiar faces surrounded me, the instructor with the stupid grin, the spiky-haired idiot boy, the useless weak cleric, and the black assassin.

The three teens surrounded the boar from all directions. The spiky-haired boy, Leo was his name I believe, tanked the boar charges with his shield. A golden aura surrounded him as he screamed. The black assassin immediately dashed in and slashed at the boar with his sword. He enveloped it in a dark aura that cut through the boar's tough defenses. Leo joined in and stabbed the demonic beast's neck with his sword, killing it.

Vel healed and rejuvenated me while the other two cut the boar in pieces. All the while, the instructor who I still didn't know the name of, smiled at me.

"So, what do you think of your party, little kid?"

I didn't know what to say. What did he expect me to say? They saved me. Of course, I was grateful to them.

"I am grateful that they saved me-"

"No!" The instructor cut me right through. "That's not it. They could give two craps about your gratefulness. So, let me ask you again, what do you think of your party?!"

I was startled. I didn't know what to say. However, before I could think about them, words came out of my mouth on their own.

"They are strong," I mumbled.

The guard smiled before exclaiming, "Yes! Your teammates are strong. Never forget that. They are people that you can trust. Now, sit up. For failing to do your task, your penality is to carry the meat of the boar. Rejoice. If it seems heavy, just think about what would have happened if all that was to charge at you like a truck!"

So I carried the boar to the outpost. The rest of the day was then spent training with the team. It seems that the "rule" of being separated was something that was applied to me alone. For the past two days, they have been honing their teamwork under the guidance of the instructor. The rest of the week's training wasn't that hard. It was mostly about positioning, understanding how to play as a team, and mana management.

While I did train with the team in the day, I didn't spend my nights idling. I kept on working solo, training my mana manipulation and fire control. I couldn't slack in those departments if I wanted to increase my strength. With my current power, a baby dragon could sneeze and I would die. I needed to grow stronger. By the end of the week, I learned a new neat trick. If I concentrated the mana in my fireball, it would grow smaller but much more deadly. I called this new technique: Miniature Sun. I knew that its strength was still a far cry from its name, but its potential was definitely enormous.

The exam at the end was to fight a demonized bear. This opponent proved to be much stronger, faster and more versatile than the boar. It also seemed to have a weaker version of mana sense as it could sense us before we appeared. Or maybe that was just our smell? Who knows. Either way, thanks to Vel's healing, Leo was able to somehow tank the bear's ridiculously powerful attacks. His shield was completely destroyed by the end of the fight.

Rev worked as an offtank DPS in this fight, whenever Leo was in danger, he would come in and take his place. He parried the bear's attack using his sword and dodged them with his amazing footwork. All the while, I kept bombarding the poor beast with miniature suns and star-shaped fireballs. Finally, the bear dropped.

We feasted that night like we never did before. I couldn't get any booze, but the rest of them did and they had fun. Even the instructor joined us and started cracking jokes. Throughout this week, I really warmed up to him. His name was Jack and he was an adventurer before becoming a City Guard. He was definitely one of the stronger ones, if not the strongest. One time, he went a bit overboard with his explanations and shattered a large tree just with a tap. It was a sight to behold.

By the next morning, he gave us our City Guard Certificates and bid us goodbye.

OOC: 2.7k words... oof
"Well, I guess you learned quite the lesson, didn't you, mister Sarknave?

"You're very mature for your age, and you certainly work hard to compensate the lack of strength your body has... But there is only so much we can do by ourselves, and it is important to respect our own limitations and to trust our partners just like they should trust us.

"Please keep the lessons you have learned today in your heart. You have very ambitious goals, and I doubt that you'll be able to obtain them alone.

"May the gods make you remember the joys of camaraderie, and the power of humbleness."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 250
Money: 2G
Item: City Guard Certificate

Miku

+ + +
Slime Subjugation
Adventurer's GuildScribel CityLevel 1
ObjectivesDescription
  • Exterminate slimes in Scribel City.
  • Collect 10 slime cores.
Slimes are a pest in Scribel City, and they end up in all sorts of weird places.
While they aren’t too dangerous, they can slowly erode and damage structures over time.
They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff.
Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!
EXPGoldItems
7510Gn/a
+ + +

Quest Report:

Reis is an adventurer in the city of Scribel. The sewer in the city of scribel is infested with slimes, and it is her job to kill them and take their slime core. She enter the sewer and see the slime horde she must subjugate. As she observe, she find out that it's a large group of slime that have been fighting each other. Seeing this phenomenon, she look at her journal and found this entry:

Slime: A Slime is a type of creature that lives in sewers. They have no discernible form other than their slimy appearance. Their main purpose is to make your life miserable by making you waste time cleaning up after them and then eating you later when they're done.

As she approach the group, they all turn around and point at her.

Immediately, she charges and attacks the one in the front with her fist.

They are not very skilled fighters, but they recognize her as one of the few who has come here before. A small group of them attempt to attack her, but she easily dispatch them. They are just too weak. The rest of the slime horde turns their attention towards her, and she quickly put them down. As she continue to fight, she notices a strange object on the ground near some of the dead bodies. It seems like someone has placed something there.

Ignoring that strange thing, she proceed to dismantle the slime horde corpse she had fought and take their cores. She counts them, 1, 2, ..., 10. With the job done, she turns back to the guild.

Suddenly, a loud noise is heard from above. It sounds like an explosion. The entire area shakes violently, and she realizes that this was no accident. Something had detonated in the sewers!

A large amount of smoke rises up into the air, and she can smell death everywhere. She run out of the way as soon as possible, but it is already too late. The smoke clears away, revealing a huge hole in the ceiling where several feet of earth were blown off.

She sees a lot of slime corpse around her. The explosion had taken a lot of them in one go. As she gazes at the destruction, the noise from two people distracts her.

It seems that they were the one who made that explosion. Their face are showing a grinning expression as they shouted something. Her ears are still ringing from that explosion. Before those men accuse her from stealing their prey, she left and report back to the adventurer guild.

AliceShiki

I suppose I could try at least one more, the next report seemed to be pretty short.
Quest : night watch
Sponsor: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild

completion way:
I got to the destinated area and did a round of patrolling in the place noting out of the ordinary until I heard a scream somewhere I use [evasion up] to get to the source of the scream there I saw 4 people 3 of them is wearing a black cape that cover there entire body and I can't see there face the one that is covered with the cape then I saw the one guy? is lying on the ground with blood I unsheathed my katana and confronted the 3 with the cape.
One of them shoot some kind of magic... I think it's [wind] I manage to evade it. Then the other one pull out a dagger and was about to stab me with it I manage to block it and grab him on the arm and use [shock] and fall to the ground. Wen I look at the other 2 it seems they have escape I look at the guy on the ground wit blood but sadly he is long gone... multiple hit on his stomach and his hearth. I took the guy that I captured to the guard post and told them about my patrol.

Report of quest : 3 people murdered a guy that night one was caught the other 2 escape.
"Mmmm, those are sad news, miss Cleo. I'm sure you tried your best though, the gods are surely thankful for your hard work.

"Please don't put yourself in excessive danger however, even if you see someone in a troublesome situation, fighting against three enemies by yourself is not advisable... If you were just a bit unlucky, your body could have been added to today's funeral as well.

"Don't be afraid to request for back up when the situation demands it. A temporary retreat to fight another day is much better than a glorious death as a hero.

"Nonetheless, you did a great job. May the gods grant you the bravery to do the right thing when it's called for, and the humbleness to know your own limits and save yourself."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 10G

ZynGrand

The Winds Of Change Will Erode All Things.
Outpost Station
Sponsor
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Be stationed at an outpost for one month.
  • Assist travelers in any way necessary.
Explanation:
Throughout the country, there are small outposts that serve as stations where travelers can stop by for help. For this job, you will be stationed at a remote outpost for a month. You will manage supplies that are sent to you, keep horses fresh, and any miscellaneous things that you see fit.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 135
  • Money: 200G

Went to an outpost.

Nothing really happened there.

It was not fun.

One person did visit.

They came wandering in.

Saw me and stared.

Turned around and ran.

Was a good runner.

They were quite fast.

Followed quickly behind him.

Stopped quarter-way to Scribel.

Went back and waited.

Sorted three dozen boxes.

Kept horses in cellar.

Gave them food everyday.

Stopped when was full.

They then began smelling.

Also, I dusted everywhere.

Washed all the walls.

Swept them as well.

Scratched the far wall.

Nothing else went wrong.

A star fell though.

Made a secret wish.

Last edited:

Feathers95

Scout the Slime Horde
Sponsor
: The Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Read this library entry.
  • Assess the current status and threat level of the slime horde.
  • Do not lure the slimes towards the city.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 150
  • Money: 30G
Quest Report (20)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 5 (2825/3000)
Quest: Scout the Slime Horde
Evaluation:
  • The slime horde is still at the bandit settlement looking for something beneath the city
  • Escaped an ambush from the leader of the horde
After successfully escaping from my duties as a bird owner, I headed calmly towards where the last alleged slime horde sighting was. To be perfectly honest, I had avoided any quests to do with slimes on behalf of what I had experienced during that slime rescue mission a while back. Even now, I felt that slimes were cute and harmless, at least from what I had experienced anyway, and going out to slaughter them felt... wrong. But, this was just a scouting mission, hopefully, there would be no need to kill anything today. Although, it would be nice to bring back some fresh game for Sable to eat...

After travelling for a little more than an hour, I arrived at the outskirts of the ruined bandit settlement. But, although the city was indeed vastly demolished and torn to pieces, there was not a single speck of slime anywhere in sight. It was as if thousands of slimes had vanished without a trace, was it all an illusion perhaps? I didn't really want to doubt my fellow adventurers, so I decided to investigate in more detail. Cautiously, after ascertaining that there was nothing suspicious anywhere around the perimeter, I entered the dilapidated settlement.

There was nothing really to explore, since all the 'buildings' were so broken down that you could see everything inside at a glance. But still, I didn't find any clues. There was no way thousands of slimes could just vanish into thin air, where on earth could they have gone? Perhaps they had already headed back to their nest in the forest?

Just as I was about to report back to Scribel City, I suddenly heard a light squelching behind me. A tiny little blue slime, as common-looking as any other slime, popped out from literally nowhere. It was staring at me innocently, as cute as can be, but I quickly felt warning signals suddenly blaring in my head. Cautiously, I backed away one step at any time, as the little slime continued to stare me down. Just as I was about to turn around the corner of a building, the slime leapt towards me as fast as lightning, and screamed.

As someone who didn't even know that slimes had voices, I was utterly shocked by the ear-piercing screech, but my reflexes were quick as I immediately bolted away from the scene. Afterall, it's not like I didn't notice the thousands of slimes suddenly pouring out of the cellars of the dilapitated buildings! Haha, at least I had solved where the slimes had gone, underground, of course...

Fearing for my life, I ran as fast as I could towards the swamp region west of the settlement. I had seen first-hand the dangerous monsters that resided in those swamps, so without much time to consider any other option, I decided to fight danger with danger! Fortunately, it seemed that the slimes, or at least, the sentient little blue slime, had understood my plan, and quickly stopped the assault with another, slightly deeper screech that resounded across the slime horde. That little guy was smart, preventing any unnecessary casualties to his army. But... what on earth was he doing down beneath that bandit settlement, what... could he be searching for?

With my mind filled with questions, I hurried back to Scribel, ensuring no slime was tailing me, to report my findings.
TL;DR: arrived at ruined bandit settlement, was empty with no slimes in sight, went in to investigate, was ambushed by the mutant? little blue slime leader and the thousands of slimes that came up from underground beneath the city, tried to lead them to the swamp region where dangerous creatures lived, blue slime stopped the assault and called back his horde, went back to the guild ensuring no slime was following to report.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu

Went to an outpost.

Nothing really happened there.

It was not fun.

One person did visit.

They came wandering in.

Saw me and stared.

Turned around and ran.

Was a good runner.

They were quite fast.

Followed quickly behind him.

Stopped quarter-way to Scribel.

Went back and waited.

Sorted three dozen boxes.

Kept horses in cellar.

Gave them food everyday.

Stopped when was full.

They then began smelling.

Also, I dusted everywhere.

Washed all the walls.

Swept them as well.

Scratched the far wall.

Nothing else went wrong.

A star fell though.

Made a secret wish.
Short as usual, thanks as always.
  • EXP: 135
  • Money: 20G

Last edited: