+ + +
Harvest Season​
SponsorLocationRequirements
Adventurer's GuildScribel FarmlandLevel 1
ObjectivesDescription​
  • Assist a farmer with their crops.​
  • Chase away any pests.​
  • Perform a satisfactory job.​
Farmers in the Scribel Region are always in need of temporary labor.
Head out to rural farmland and get reconnected with nature.
Beware: Pests and bugs are slightly bigger here than you might expect!
EXPGoldItems4010GA basket of fresh produce
+ + +
+ + +
If You See Something, Say Something
SponsorLocationRequirementsAdventurer's GuildScribel RegionLevel 1
ObjectivesDescription​
  • Observe something suspicious or noteworthy.​
  • Report your findings to the guild.​
Scribel City relies on civilians to maintain public order.
Please report sightings of suspicious people, monsters, and other concerning information.
The guild will assemble a task force to investigate and tackle the threat.
EXPGoldItems500 - 30Gn/a
+ + +​

Quest Report :

Hey,Almodeus Thompson here.

Since I know someone who is farmer so I think I'll help them this time. The farmland are...quite interesting to say. Everything are quite chaotic because a lack of manpower here.
I was dragged to help them as soon as I came here. They tell me how to harvest these crops and remove pests. It's quite tiring but it is fun to lose some sweat.

There was a kid that gave me clean vegetable and water after works. And an kind old man who told me about himself in younger day. There was still a need of man so I'll stay here for another day or two. If anyone want to help please come.

In the end of the day I still wonder where are the old man that I met on the mountain?

FILED

Last edited:

Miku

Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in the City of Scribel.
  • Bring back 10 slime cores.
Explanation:
Slimes are a pest in Scribel, and they end up in all sorts of weird places. While they aren’t exactly dangerous, they can slowly erode structures and damage buildings over time. They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff. Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 75
  • Money: 10G

Quest report:

On the way to the adventurer guild, Lib was approached by a tall, lanky man wearing a robe.

"Hey, you. The miss who is carrying a sword." The man called.

The man looked really shady. He was the kind of man her brother said she had to avoid. Charming smile, calling a stranger from a far, either that this man was a con man or he would next be hitting on her and try to bring her to a secluded place. As he called, he rushed to block her path to the adventurer guild.

"Hey miss, I have a business proposition for you. Can I have a bit of your time?" The man said.

Okay, her impression of him was that he was a conman. She tried to sidestep to the left or to the right, yet the man keep blocking her.

"Come on, I guarantee this will be beneficial to us both. Please?" The man insisted.

She decided to backtrack. As she tried to left, the man grabbed her hand.

"It will be worth your time. I guarantee." He said.

Lib felt more wary of him. Using her free leg, she kicked the man in the middle of his crotch. The man tumbled down while asking for her to wait.

Today, once again she took the slime subjugation request. As she tried to leave, the man appeared, blocking her way out.

"You are taking the slime subjugation quest, right? Come with me, I will show you a place where you can subjugate them as much as you can." The man said.

She pushed the man away and left.

--------

"Come on miss. I could give you 10 slime core right now if you agreed to follow me to my place." The man said as he pursued her.

Lib felt that the man won't stop pursuing her until she agreed. In exasperated tone, she said, "Okay then. I'll follow you today, I hope you won't bother me again tomorrow."

As Lib agreed, the man pull out 10 slime core. It seemed like it was freshly harvested today. As she got those proof of subjugation, she backtracked to the adventurer guild and submitted them.

The man was waiting for her in front of the adventurer guild. He introduced himself as Io, a slime breeder from the village in the northwest. As she followed the man, the man began to talk about his business plan.

"Miss, as you may realize, those slimes were not quite as omnivore as we thought. They have certain preference and this preference solidified as they matured. For example, a slime that was put into the environment full with red algae would mainly consume those for living. when they matured, if they were moved from the red algae to green algae environment, they would ignore the green algae and consume only water."

"I see..." Lib answered, feigning interest.

"It would take a mere two months for their preference to solidify. Of course, that means if we incubated a slime within a certain environment for two months, it would give us an effective filter for those waste."

"And then, what you would like me to do is to gather waste for you? After all, those inorganic part would be unsustainable. unlike your example of red and green algae."

"Exactly. My father and I came up with this plan. Instead of letting them breed freely, what if they were breed in a certain environment? We planned to create a filter to the sewer as the way to purify waste. It would be clean water for all."

"And what about the matter of disposal? As you realize, the slime will build up toxicity with each consumption."

"Would it matter, miss? You've seen the proof in the craftsman district. As long as they consume only a small amount of water, their form would solidify into the round ball."

"Say... have you ever test it? How would those slimes adapt from the change of environment? You are putting a land-dwelling slime into an environment where it was mostly water. Will they even survive?" Lib asked. As the discussion went on, she became more fascinated with the man and his idea, even though she maintained her scepticism.

"Well..." The man paused.

"Look, your idea is great. You are asking for the wrong person though. I am a new adventurer. Therefore I am penniless. I don't think I could do the job you asked though. The endeavor would need me to have a long time commitment as someone who had to eliminate those waste. You could probably put those pure water slime though to absorb all of those water. Then use a new slime to eliminate the remaining waste."

"Oh, is that it then... so you don't want to partner with me?" He said.

"I'm sorry. but I'm not looking for commitment yet."

As the man left, Lib felt that she had cheated the man of his due, for the core he gave her. As she turned her back, intending to purchase a core, she could no longer find that man.

darkza1569

Quest Report :

Since I know someone who is farmer so I think I'll help them this time. The farmland are...quite interesting to say. Everything are quite chaotic because a lack of manpower here.
I was dragged to help them as soon as I came here. They tell me how to harvest these crops and remove pests. It's quite tiring but it is fun to lose some sweat.

There was a kid that gave me clean vegetable and water after works. And an kind old man who told me about himself in younger day. There was still a need of man so I'll stay here for another day or two. If anyone want to help please come.

In the end of the day I still wonder where are the old man that I met on the mountain?
Quest Report (Continued) :

In the night,

I can't sleep. Not because of the sound of bugs but because it's so silent that I can't even hear any sound of bugs.
I thought to myself that there is something wrong and unsheath my dagger. I came outside from the village house and found nothing wrong.

"Why is it so quiet here?" I said to myself and then started walking to random direction

All the villager and farmer are sleeping.
It's dark in the night. I can't even see my foots but that's fine. I can use star for telling direction and I can use moon to see the path ahead me.
After walking for a minute,I found something weird. There was a corpse of livestock. More than one.
All the corpse have horrible gnaw marks all over its body. It seem that this is the doing of monster but what monster? I found the weird activities and behavoir of kobold in the north mountain. and then another here.

"Is there a demon hidden nearby?" I mumbled to myself

I collected the evidence such as livestock's blood that was mixed with some kind of saliva and recorded the shape of gnaw marks.
There was no traces such as footprints. It seem this demon hidden itself well.

Found traces of monster that eating livestock of farmers

Reactions: GM

darkza1569

Quest Report (Continued) :

In the night,

I can't sleep. Not because of the sound of bugs but because it's so silent that I can't even hear any sound of bugs.
I thought to myself that there is something wrong and unsheath my dagger. I came outside from the village house and found nothing wrong.

"Why is it so quiet here?" I said to myself and then started walking to random direction

All the villager and farmer are sleeping.
It's dark in the night. I can't even see my foots but that's fine. I can use star for telling direction and I can use moon to see the path ahead me.
After walking for a minute,I found something weird. There was a corpse of livestock. More than one.
All the corpse have horrible gnaw marks all over its body. It seem that this is the doing of monster but what monster? I found the weird activities and behavoir of kobold in the north mountain. and then another here.

"Is there a demon hidden nearby?" I mumbled to myself

I collected the evidence such as livestock's blood that was mixed with some kind of saliva and recorded the shape of gnaw marks.
There was no traces such as footprints. It seem this demon hidden itself well.

Found traces of monster that eating livestock of farmers
Quest report(Continued) :
Hey, if you read this. Maybe I'm dead already.
This should be my last report. Or maybe not.

I found the monster...or should I says devil? It stayed hidden quite well in this rural farmland and for quite awhile as well. Only that can tell about how terrifying this devil is.

I found the behaviour of this devil. It should be sleeping in daytime and hunting in the night. I'm going to kill it in when it sleeping. But...Devil are strong. Maybe I'll fail so... evacuate everyone if you don't receive any news from me

Signed Almodeus Thompson

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
Missing Children
Sponsor
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Locate a missing child and reunite them with their family.
Explanation:
What? You want to see the missing persons list? Well... sure. Some of them might just be kids who ran away from home, but it's dangerous out there. If you could find one of them, it would really help.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 110
  • Money: 40G
Report for Quest: Missing Children
Sponsor

Name: Randell Stephenson
Method of completion: While it wasn't my goal to find this child today, I did get rather lucky. I had looked up the missing person's list and had been keeping it on my person. It's hard to track down someone that doesn't want to be found, but sometimes you may just get lucky. Such as I did.
Today, I went into the sewers to try my hand at hunting giant rats. My plan was relatively simple. I purchased bait and then poisoned it with a mild paralytic substance. I attempted to bait rats into eating it, and I planned kill them once they were sufficiently weakened. This plan failed completely, as the rats could smell the poison on the food and refused to touch it. I decided to leave and return at another time when I had a better plan.
On my way back to the guild, a child bumped into me and ran off. I checked my pockets and noticed that the child had stolen one of my bags off my belt. Specifically, my bait bag. I chased after the child, and after losing track of him for a while, eventually managed to find him. The scamp had eaten the bait. Smelling an opportunity, I took back my bag back and then compared his face with ones on the missing person's list. Sure enough, I found him on the list as a potential runaway. I grabbed the kid and brought him in.
I would recommend investigating his home life, as he obviously loathed the idea of going back. Might have bad parents or he is merely in the middle of a phase. Keep an eye on him.
Appraised and Approved by: Receptionist Konaha

Last edited:

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Exploration and Scouting

Sponsor: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild

Objectives:

Obtain any information that is worthwhile for the city to know.
Explanation:

The Scribel Adventurer's Guild will pay for any information that is worthwhile. Did you did you discover a band of goblins? Did you discover a new area? Do you have new and novel information that we didn't know before? Tell us what you have, and we might reward you!

Rewards:

EXP: 0 - 75
Money: 10 - 50G

map.png

Behold my MS Paint skills.
"Alright, I guess we will explore the western edge of the forest today," I said to my dolls as I looked at the places nearby. They all seem to be insistent on visiting there. I guess some of their friends are nearby and they want to meet or something. Gathering my supplies, enough for a trip that lasts till tomorrow, I set foot outside Scribel city along the path towards Astaria Village. I took offtrack once I was past the slime creeks.

My path intersected the small tributary of the main river that runs parallel to Astria-Scribel path. I was originally planning to walk along its southern bank, but I found a small bridge of rocks that let me cross it. It seems the rocks had either been submerged before or have been recently been placed here as I could not find it been indicated on the map.

I walked at a small angle to forest's edge, trying to reach at end of mapped portion of the forest. It was already afternoon and thus I took a break near a lone ancient tree was a bit outside the forest's outer periphery. The tree was situated on a small cliff (~2 humans in height.) I sat and ate my lunch together with the tombstone buried under the tree. "The stone is rather high quality, but the grave is quite small." I said to my dolls who nodded in agreement. One of the doll dusted off a 50 year old tombstone bearing an unreadable name and a quote written in the most slanted cursive handwriting possible. "Totally tasteless, who writes their tombstone like that," I commented. The quote read, "My forever loved silver friend, may you rest in peace."

While that was going on, my other doll was setting up my picnic, ehem, exploration mat and food. It was an excellent meal and the dolls also had changed into a maid uniform because of course she had. After a proper meal for this Oujo sama served by her excellent maids, she asked them to pack it up. (Before anyone starts claiming doll abuse and all, remember that an Oujo sama like me deserves all the pampering of this world. And what is the point of being a necromancer if you cannot even get your minions to serve you food??). I continued towards the forest after leaving a small bone as offering to the grave.

Just before I reached the edge of forest, I entered it. Walking northwards I reached a clearing in the forest. A gargoyle was roasting some rats there without a care for the world.

"Excuse me Mister," I said.

The gargoyle looked up. I removed my makeup over my right hand and showed him my family' insignia. "At your service, miss Netherbone. I assume you are here to visit the travelling fair." I nodded and ask him to take me there. He quickly stuffed all the rats in his mouth and flew westwards with me. We went down a large cliffside into a non-assuming cave formation.

(Now for all those readers of quest report who thought I was not an actual Oujo sama, I am an actual Oujo sama! Hmph.)

The fair was quite interesting to be honest. The gargoyle guided me around. There were shops selling everything from MUPs (Modular Undead Prosthetics), raw bones and flesh, tombs(of both kinds), jewellery, food, blood vials, clothes and even pets! Sadly nothing I liked was even near my total savings. I must say that living on your own without using your family' coffers does a number on your budget. There were skeleton dancers, Zombie musicians and even a food eating contest! The tour is suppose to be here for about a month and is open to anyone friendly (being accompanied by an undead does help with proving so by the way)

What rubbed in the wrong way was that one of my doll met some other doll in the fair. And they seemed to be a couple. Grrrrrr! Unbelievable! I swear, even my minion can find a partner for themself. That is actually rubbing it in my face. Just to be clear reader, I am not jealous of my dolls. Not at all. No I would neither admit that I actually loved how my doll seemed super happy and was feeling happy for her. She sported this super wise creepy smile for the rest of this journey.

The return journey was rather uneventful.

Last edited:

Feathers95

Border Patrol
Sponsor
Required Level: 5
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: City Guard Training
  • Spend a day patrolling the outskirts of Scribel City.
  • Identify and manage any threats.
Explanation:
Congratulations on your promotion! Did you get your slice of cake? Okay, party's over. Time to get back to work. :blob_hmph:

Rewards:
  • EXP: 200
  • Money: 20G
Quest Report (19)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 5 (2600/3000)
Quest: Border Patrol
Evaluation:
  • Patrolled the outskirts of Scribel City for a day
  • Dealt with some of the nearby monsters close to the city

After a month of living out in the wilderness and fighting every second for survival, safe to say, I was thoroughly knocked out as soon as my head hit the pillow. Fortunately, I still had enough reason left in me to wrap a blanket around the egg I retrieved from one of the Giant Kukuu Bird nests on Bighorn Mountain, just before passing out.

When I awoke, after sleeping for at least a day, I sorely climbed out of bed and gently knocked on the egg wrapped in blankets in my room. Excitedly, the little fellow inside wobbled around a bit after realizing I was there, but didn't seem to have enough energy yet to break open the egg.

Perhaps catching on to the creature's excitement, I too looked forward to what kind of beast would hatch from the egg. Perhaps a bird? A snake? A tortoise? A lizard? Or perhaps even the much rarer dragon? or griffin? I wracked my head thinking of possible creatures that could hatch from an egg, though in all honesty, this was a strange new world. Who's to say mammals couldn't hatch from eggs here? Deciding to clear my mind a bit and fill my famished stomach, I went for a hearty meal at the tavern before heading off for a new quest.
---
The quest I decided to enlist in was plain and simple, guard the borders of the city! To be honest, since I finally got my equipment back from the receptionists, I was kind of looking forward to fighting some foes at my full strength. But since my body was still kind of sore and unstable, I decided to take on a bit more of a mundane task for the day.

As I expected, the task was rather boring. There were a couple of times I fought against a couple of dire wolves eyeing up the city, or a few goblins wandering a bit too close for comfort, but other than that, nothing much happened. I must admit, it felt nice swinging my sword and firing my bow again. Since my stamina and endurance had increased during that month-long expedition to Gem's Ravine, I felt that my sword was even more weightless than before and that my bow was even easier to draw back and fire with.
---
I no longer felt much of a threat from the common creatures around Scribel, which was a thought that gradually grew in my mind as I progressed in strength. But since there were definitely still things for me to deal with here, such as clearing the demonic boar in the inner regions of the northern forest when I was stronger, or helping scout out the slime horde, or aiding the explorative efforts around the region, I felt that I should stay until there was no longer a reason to be here.

Afterall, I quite liked the people here too, like the kind/snarky/helpful receptionists that evaluated my reports, little Cassel that I had taught swordsmanship to, little Ryzen who had perfectly enchanted my sword(but still hasn't opened an enchantment stall for some reason), Okarin who had aided me in locating Gem's Ravine and Vor who had accompanied me alongside Brad and Elise to burn a goblin encampment to the ground.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
The request's condition was: Please do not burn down the entire forest.

Tch. My plans were foiled before they even begun.

As she lamented the unfairness of it all, Vicious stared at one of the nests from afar. Unlike the previous run in with Giant Rats, Giant Spiders lived up to their name. Just one alone was almost her height.

It almost made her sad that she couldn't just torch the entire forest. Almost. Because Vicious was a model adventurer (lol) and would definitely not do anything as harmful as that (lol).

"Hmm? Let's see here..."

Closing her left eye, Vicious glared at one of the spiders with her right eye. As the winds picked up in power and speed---

Nothing happened.

But of course. What was I hoping, for black flames to suddenly burn all the spiders to death and disappear after it's done? Now that would be cheating.

Slowly, her vision drifted over to settle on a certain plant, and Vicious grinned.

Then again, who said you had to have supernatural powers to cheat?

*****​

There was a coil of...rope...running along the floor. Or rather, what appeared to be a green rope. It ran the whole length around the nest, forming a loose circle. After ensuring that no part of the rope touched any trees, Vicious lit it on fire, before retreating to a safe distance. She continued to keep watch.

It didn't take long before the girl observed spiders falling off the nest, landing on their backs and sluggishly moving their limbs. Then, careful to wrap her nose and mouth with a dense roll of cloth, Vicious strode over and started beating in arachnid brains. It wasn't too long before all the occupants of the nest were twitching on the ground, heads looking like pulped watermelons.

"Worth every minute. Plants with paralysing agents when burnt sure are killer to work with."

Grinning, she fished out another torch, set the nest alight, and when the thing was smoked into a charred husk, the satisfied adventurer stamped out any remaining embers before returning to hand in her report.
Good job taking out the spider nest, here's your reward.
  • EXP: 170
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been filed. Thanks.
OOC: Daily cost of living is 10G.

Zoey

Mustachu
Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
Objectives:
Explanation:
Slimes are a pest in Scribel, and they end up in all sorts of weird places. While they aren’t exactly dangerous, they can slowly erode structures and damage buildings over time. They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff. Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!

Rewards:

Quest report:

Today, she decided to limit herself inside of the city, except the sewer. She took another slime subjugation quest and try on her hand whether she could find them in the residential area.

As it was, the residential area was mostly clean of the slimes. She went to each house and asked whether there was a slime infestation in their house. Some of the people inside, though, took offense to her saying that. For those men, it was because it was a slight against their manliness if they couldn't beat those things. For the women, it was because they were thought that they couldn't make their home clean, since it was trivial to keep those slimes away if they keep it clean. Finding no success, Lib moved to the other area.

As she went to the market district, she apparently found out that they have their own specialized slime disposal worker. Since there was a lot of waste produced by the market, the shop owner felt that paying 1G for 1 slime disposal was too high. Therefore, they offered this job to dispose of the slimes inside of their district. He also said that they barred adventurer from hunting the slime in this district too.

At the craftsmen district, At least she found some people who apparently had apprentice who was lazy to clean their place. Those craftsmen themselves usually consider those task not worth doing and offload them to their apprentice. Apparently, those slimes consume soot and smog from the forge they have, and sometimes clogged the forge. The slime variant in this place were considered beneficial as long as they don't block the air vent or something. Nevertheless, there must be a routine cleaning they must do. As those craftsmen allowed Lib to dispose of them, Lib was able to fulfill her quota of slime today.

One thing unique to the slime around here is that they may produce diamond inside of their body. Some of the craftsmen allowed one slime to build up the carbon content inside its body, and at some level of blackness, they popped up the slime. At their blackest, the durability of those slimes are really strong and their body become more round-shaped. At that point, The craftsmen cracked open the slime and look to see if a diamond formed inside. Pretty nifty side income, if she might said. One craftsman offered her to open a black one with her sword, yet no matter how hard she hit it, it was deflected.

As a side effect, they functioned like an air purifier, consuming carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen. Really, She don't think those slimes were a pest there.

in the afternoon, she reported back her findings and the requested cores to the adventurer guild.
Ten slime cores received, here's your reward.
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been filed. Thanks.

Zoey

Mustachu
Quest Report :

Another quest of Slime subjugation. I went to the usual place for grinding slimes and found someone there.
It's a couple of male and female. The male seem to be swordsman and the female is sorcerer of sorts. They're hunting slimes quite fast but I also noticed that slime cores are damaged.

But there are not much problems with these couple so I quickly go hunting my own slimes.

Slimes are weak that's for sure. But after I hunting about 5 slimes I found that without killing them I can extract their core out from their body. You just need some speed and gloves. The extracted core still alive so that means if you put it near their body It'll revived.

"Oh, so that is how this city's adventurer hunting slimes?" Swordsman said and coming near me

I glared at him and counldn't tell him that I was just experimenting with these slimes. After that he told me that he come from the village near Scribel city. He came here to fullfill his dream of becoming adventurer with his childhood friend,The female sorcerer.
I and him going quite well that he taught me some of his swordsmanship style. It's full of how to parry attack from opponent and dealing twice of damage back. This style suited me well but I can't bring the full potential of this style.
The female sorceror taught me how to control mana. I learn that in a second but I found another problem as well. Mana Manipulation is about controlling energy in nature called Mana to chant spell but what I got in return is how to manipulate the energy inside my body. I called this skill,Ki Manipulation.

Although it is such a regret that I can't learn Mana Manipulation or use that Counter style to the fullest potential but it's still beneficial to me in some ways or another.

10 Slime cores retrieved.

Almodeus Thompson learn Swordsmanship - Counter style through Brightest Mind
Swordsmanship - Counter Style turn into Inferior Swordsmanship - Counter style by Jack of all trades,Master of None

Almodeus Thompson learn Mana Manipulation through Brightest Mind
Mana Manipulation turn into Ki Manipulation by Jack of all trades,Master of None

Inferior Swordsmanship - Counter style : Primitive form of swordsmanship - counter style. You can deal damage back to your opponent without receiveing damage.
Ki Manipulation : Manipulate energy inside your body and bring out the maximum potential of your body. Strengthen your body temporarily.
Ten slime cores received, here's your reward.
  • EXP: 30

Zoey

Mustachu
Report for Quest: Office Work
Sponsor

Method of completion: I decided to work in the office today. This is not something I am unused to, but the amount of work was absolutely overwhelming. This would be considered a flagrant disregard for the well being of workers where I am from. Are you attempting to overwork us? I usually do work involving my hands all day, but I don't think I've ever gotten five cramps in my hand at once.
I spent a lot of the day filling out forms and comparing numbers and I have to say that the storage organization is terrible. For one, while there is an actual system in place for organizing quest completion forms, no one seems to bother organizing them by the actual method. What they are supposed to do is make a copy of the form, place the original in today's log of quests, and place the copy in a specific person's log of quests. What they actually do is unknown, because I seemed to find quests belonging to different people in the same slots as well as quests missing from the general log of quests. This should be rectified.
Either way, I am done with this quest. Pay me so I can never bother with this again.
Good job here's your reward.
EXPGoldItems
2510Gn/a

Zoey

Mustachu
Quest Report :

Glad you had fun, here's your reward.
EXPGoldItems
4010GA basket of fresh produce

Zoey

Mustachu
Report for Quest: Missing Children
Sponsor

Method of completion: While it wasn't my goal to find this child today, I did get rather lucky. I had looked up the missing person's list and had been keeping it on my person. It's hard to track down someone that doesn't want to be found, but sometimes you may just get lucky. Such as I did.
Today, I went into the sewers to try my hand at hunting giant rats. My plan was relatively simple. I purchased bait and then poisoned it with a mild paralytic substance. I attempted to bait rats into eating it, and I planned kill them once they were sufficiently weakened. This plan failed completely, as the rats could smell the poison on the food and refused to touch it. I decided to leave and return at another time when I had a better plan.
On my way back to the guild, a child bumped into me and ran off. I checked my pockets and noticed that the child had stolen one of my bags off my belt. Specifically, my bait bag. I chased after the child, and after losing track of him for a while, eventually managed to find him. The scamp had eaten the bait. Smelling an opportunity, I took back my bag back and then compared his face with ones on the missing person's list. Sure enough, I found him on the list as a potential runaway. I grabbed the kid and brought him in.
I would recommend investigating his home life, as he obviously loathed the idea of going back. Might have bad parents or he is merely in the middle of a phase. Keep an eye on him.
Thanks for your work, here's your reward.
  • EXP: 110
  • Money: 40G

Zoey

Mustachu
OOC: What, is my piddly amount of gold still not small enough? I have been subtracting money from it.
OOC: it's just a reminder for people, you don't actually have to subtract 10 gold every day. It's just a general rule we use to keep everybody poor. if your poor that means the cost of living is doing it's job.

Last edited:

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
Investigate Local Apothecaries
Sponsor
: Scribel City Guild
Objectives:
  • Read this quest report.
  • Visit 3 apothecaries in Scribel City.
  • Investigate if it is possible that alchemists are breeding slimes.
  • Update: (source) (source) (source)
Description:
Some receptionists have noted a high volume of slimes observed near Scribel City. Multiple hypotheses have been proposed regarding the elevated number of slimes. One quest report suggested that local apothecaries could be breeding slimes.

Rewards:
Report for Quest: Investigate Local Apothecaries
Sponsor

Method of completion:
Before doing anything else involving the investigation, I gave the reports of the other guild members a quick read. The results were mixed. The first one showed that while the guild member was excellent at surveillance and infiltration, he didn't have the smarts to actually copy any notes or take anything that could be used to identify the man's (Donald) goal. The second one was excellent with magic and was able to find a location for a slime farm, but showed she understood nothing of slime biology. Slimes can live off of trash and sewage. Feeding them paper would not actually poison the slimes.

So, a mixed bag all around. A few fragments that may be unrelated.

When I had hunted slimes in the sewers previously I had noted that some of the sewer tunnels looked as though they had been cleaned (source). I hypothesized, after reading the reports, that the sewers were not cleaned by a good Samaritan, but had the trash removed so that it could be used for feeding the slimes. This warranted investigation.

I tracked down the location of the slime "farm" mentioned in a previous report and discovered that the interior of that area had been cleaned so well it was spotless. The tunnels that connected to the area were very clean as well. I believe that this is adequate support for that theory.
This took little time, but wasn't very rewarding.

Then, I decided to find the abandoned house that this "Donald" kept entering. I found the location and discovered that it also had someone guarding the interior. Someone such as myself would not be able to sneak inside normally. I decided to return back to the guild to do some planning in how to enter building.

I had mentioned before that I had snuck into the back of an apothecary to find some information. What I failed to mention previously was that I had stolen a uniform from that apothecary as well. I believed it would be frowned upon, but I believed it would be useful in the future. I was right.

I changed out of my typical clothes and into the uniform and left most of my gear behind. I traveled back to the abandoned house, but not before taking a dip in the sewer. I needed to get my role right.

When I arrived at the abandoned house, I stormed in angrily. The guard attempted to halt my entrance and the conversation we had sounded like this:

Guard: Hey, who are-
Me: Where the hell is Donald!?
Guard: Donald isn't here right now, now tell us who-
Me: Oh, that's just fucking typical, isn't it? So, he didn't tell you who I am? I'm Daniel? I work at the apothecary across town?
Guard: No, he didn't talk about you.
Me: Really?
Guard: Yes.
Me: He really didn't mention me? Of course he didn't, I just feed the slimes. After all, why would anyone give a shit about me?
Guard: Are you okay?
Me: DO I LOOK OKAY!?

At this moment, I threw my arms up, slightly splashing the guard with a bit of the sewage I was soaked with.

Me: For the fourth time this week, I've gotten completely covered in sewage! I fucking reek! I need a new job.
Guard: Well, Donald isn't here right now. He'll be back later.
Me: Good. I'll wait here for him then.

I walked over to one of the walls and sat down, content to "simmer in my rage". The guard was still a bit suspicious of me, but I was glaring at the door.

After about ten minutes, the paralysis had fully kicked in. I had snuck a bottle of it into my sleeve so that I could splash him with a bit when overdoing my actions. Once he was down, I walked over his body and found some rope in the back and tied him up.

Inside, I found exactly what Mr. Saknave was referring to in his report. There were bottles and vials of different mixtures everywhere. What Mr. Saknave didn't mention were how the animals in the cages looked. Some of them were dead, some were disfigured and many of them were both.

I found the back room that was also mentioned in the report and found the door was locked. Luckily, I had brought with me some acid I had managed to purify from some slimes. It didn't eat through the lock particularly quickly, but it ate through it enough for me to break the door open.

Inside I found a number of documents pertaining to the experiments as well as the slime operation. I was right about how they were feeding them, and the reason they were harvesting slimes themselves wasn't to make more mana potions, but because they didn't want to purchase from a seller and then have massive amounts of cores just disappear in their ledgers. The actual experimental drug seemed to be a potion that would grant a permanent boost in strength by saturating the body with mana and then breaking and reforming the muscles. However, this instead seemed to cause extreme disfigurement and death, as the muscles wouldn't grow back correctly.

After finding this information, I collected the documents I found, took a few samples of the potions, and brought it all to a nearby guardhouse. They assured me they would be making arrests, but just to make sure, I also memorized the guards' faces, names, and positions. I also kept a few of the documents and a sample so I could turn it over to the guild, to make sure that they would have evidence as well.
Quest Items Given: Some documents detailing Donald's experiments and a sample of the failed strengthening potion (DO NOT USE)
Appraised and Approved by: Receptionist Nene

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
After spending the entirety of yesterday doing prayers, it felt right for me to look over some of the recent reports to see what was the guild up to. The goddess appreciates prayers of course, but there is more to being a priestess than that, we need to do the work of the divine.

Which for now, means helping the guild out in what ways I can... Fortunately or unfortunately, this meant I had to go through a pile of unusually long reports though.
Sorry for the long report, receptionist lady! There was a lot to write.

Mirth and Vicious

Why are there so many missing kids? Kids shouldn't have to worry about stuff! It doesn't seem right. And I heard one of them was found dead! This many kids don't go missing in a town for no reason! I think someone is behind it! Or well, that's what Malice thinks, and if Malice thinks so, it's probably true. This doesn't really make me happy. So, I'll let Malice take over again.

Too many missing. It's not right. This town may be near the wild, but the gates are well watched. Children can't vanish into the wild easily. As for reasons they may vanish in the town, they could run away, but children who do that would likely return quite quickly. There aren't many places a normal child can survive on their own. If children are going missing and not returning, there's a reason.

According to this quest report, a child was found dead, holding an animal? Strange. The quest report is quite hard to interpret. Was it a toy? I find it unlikely a real animal would be held by a dying child, even as someone finds the child. I decided to ask the parents for more information.

They were understandably... distressed by my inquiry, but when I said it was for the sake of saving more children they did their best to help. According to them, their child simply vanished one day as they were shopping together in the market. They looked away for a moment, and the next thing they noticed she was gone. It's quite possible the child might have gotten separated in the market, but according to the parents they walk to the market quite often, and the child should have had no trouble finding her way back home. The only conclusion is that something prevented her from returning; but then why was she found? Did they no longer need her? It doesn't really make sense. Why are so many children still missing?

Ah.. someone came in with another related quest report. This one... demons? Then... I guess it does makes sense.

Sacrifices, huh? How cruel. Then the one that was found, must have been a failure?

A group with a unique emblem? If they were found in the sewer, they have likely made their base there.
I don't want to let this continue any longer than necessary.

Considering the previous report mentioned movable walls in the sewer, it's unlikely I will find anything following the normal routes. As such, the most efficient method will likely be to take advantage of my own appearance. But, I will need help to ensure my safety. As such, I chose to ask the adventurer who has previously encountered them.

It took a bit of time to contact her, but when I did she was surprisingly willing to help. She didn't speak very much, and was quite blunt when she did, which honestly I appreciated more than someone who wasted time on idle chatter.

I stated my plan, and we acted immediately.
I roughened my clothes, rolling around on the ground to get myself appropriately dirty and scratched, and began to wander the less populated streets, maintaining a pitiful appearance, a little slouched, with a scared expression on my face. It took some time, but eventually I noticed someone approaching me. It was difficult to ignore the instinct to resist, as the cloaked man approached, but I restrained myself. He grabbed my head, and I felt a strange dark energy which stole away my consciousness. I cannot describe what occurred next as I was... disabled. As such, I shall leave it to Vicious.

From the roof she was watching from, Vicious noted the exchange.

Cloaked. Of course. Well, I'd better get moving.

Keeping track of what was going on on the ground, Vicious took the shortcut across the rooftops, watching as the cloaked stranger kidnapped her new friend---come to think of it, she didn't exactly introduce herself either. So they were technically both strangers.

You know, if I was part of this mysterious organisation, that girl might have been in a bit of trouble. Thank the heavens rituals don't interest me.

Musing dryly, Vicious took note of the prolonged journey the man took, turning several corners and making a huge detour in the maze-like alleyways of the slums. He was attempting to mask his movements.

A pity the girl watching him had friends of her own. As said girl lifted a piece of paper --- a copied version of the map she had uncovered from the previous sewer visit --- she realised she could just drop the man now and interrogate him. But then again, if he was fanatic enough he might just switch himself off to keep the secret. And then there was the girl.

Guess I better go with the reliable route.

The good news---she found the hideout the cloaked man was using. Trailing behind him, nice and easy, she had shadowed him the whole way without being noticed. Of course, it probably helped that the man was preoccupied with the captive over his shoulder. He led her right into the hidden section of the sewer.

The bad news---he had company. As the door swiveled about it's axis, she spotted a few more people inside. There was also a reddish hue which did not give her the best of impressions, which vanished as soon as the door slid back into place.

Now for the rescue effort. Just go in, fight a bunch of cloaked freaks while trying to ensure the captive doesn't get harmed. Easy peasy. Except for just about everything.

Vicious stared at the torches mounted on the walls every now and then.

I wonder if she's immune to fire...

When I regained clarity, I was in a small cage, likely normally used to hold small monsters. There were many similar cages, holding children in a variety of conditions. I could feel Mirth's anger, and that's something rare. It seems my kidnappers had just tossed me into the cage without checking me, as I could feel that the metal wire I wrapped around my thigh was still there. The lock on the cage looked quite cheap, and I felt confident I could pick it. However, I chose to wait. I wasn't sure what Vicious would do, and the man who took me here (at least I assume it was the same person) was still in the room. I could hear him moving around from my position lying in the cage. Making preparations of some sort, I assumed. Considering the number of children in this room, it's unlikely they can perform whatever rituals they're doing quickly. That, or they need a large number for whatever they're attempting. I'm not sure which I prefer.

After some time, the man left the room, and I quickly sat up as soon as I couldn't hear him anymore. I unwrapped the wire from my leg and began quickly picking the lock. It didn't take long for some of the other children to notice, but they stayed strangely silent as they watched. It was... slightly disturbing.

It took a bit, but I managed to get the lock off. I whispered quietly, "I'll be back. I can't let you out right now, it's not safe." And I didn't say this part, but I also couldn't take the risk that some of them might be demons. My first priority was simple; try to find Vicious. I don't know her well, but from what I read on her quest reports she seems quite capable in the violence department. Considering that I had no idea both where I was or where Vicious might be, I decided the best solution was to make a nice commotion so that she can find me. So, I let Mirth have her turn.

I moved through the confusing halls carefully, searching for an opportunity. Luckily, one arrived, in the form a man. He had a recognizable dragon-claw emblem on his chest, so there was no mistaking him as an ally. Hidden in a small alcove, we waited for him to approach. And when he did, Mirth let out her anger.

I may call myself Malice, but honestly I find Mirth scarier than myself. I may act out of ill will, but I do it for a goal. Mirth acts for herself. And when she's angry, she really doesn't control herself. It's honestly quite surprising how much of a mess can be made from the body of a single human. You wouldn't expect the... material to be able to spread so far, but it really can. After she exhausted her emotions, I snuck away, carefully hiding any traces. Luckily, in the sewer, there's plenty of.. fluids.. to use.

It wasn't long before I heard shouts. Most of them seemed to believe one of their demons had gotten loose. An understandable conclusion, in my opinion. I stayed in the alcove where I had hidden. If this failed to attract Vicious's attention, I wasn't sure what it would take.

"Hurry! Check on the captives!"

While she was still thinking of how best to break in, Vicious heard faint shouting from behind the door, and the scampering of feet could be heard as well.

They're moving. Nice opportunity.

Taking a deep breath, the girl unslung her method of extreme violence and kicked down the door. Barging into the room, the first she saw was a cloaked man rising from his seat.

*Wham!*

The blow echoed quite deeply through the tunnels, and the man slumped to the floor unconscious.

What a wimp. It's just the shotgun's stock.

Snorting a bit, Vicious headed further in. She'd barely cleared the first room when someone popped out of the corridor, and ate a blow to the face for his troubles. The cloak behind was about to call for help, but Vicious tugged the knife free from her belt, flipped around, and flung it.

She was aiming for the throat, but it veered off mark and stabbed right into the chest. Sadly, this meant the man's dying scream was quite loud.

Well, my cover's blown. Time to find her.

Since she didn't have to worry about noise any longer, Vicious pocketed her shotgun, and pulled the knife out of the corpse. She also searched the two bodies and took another two knives.

Hmm...

Arching her head back, Vicious laughed; a sharp, loud bark that reverberated off the walls, and ran in the direction those footsteps seemed to be heading from earlier.

It didn't take long for the commotion to intensify with the distinct sound of combat echoing through the corridors, and a loud laugh. Choosing to trust in my partner's capabilities, I moved back to the room where I had been captured. Whether they had been turned into demons or not, I had to keep them from getting the children. As I ran, I encountered a few of them moving the same direction. I didn't have time to slow down, so I just punched them in the neck to take them out quickly. I couldn't risk extended combat when I was unaware of their abilities.

I reached the cage room relatively quickly. Checking inside, it was almost exactly as I left it. Hopefully this meant none of them were demons. I turned back to the entrance, hiding next to the entryway, waiting for whoever might come. Hopefully, it would be Vicious. I'd like to get out of here with the children as soon as possible.

A group of people were stationed in the corridor.

*Boom*

The one nearest to the entrance was taken out of commission by a thrown knife. Seconds later, someone kneed him in the face, and down he went.

"Wha---"

His buddy reacted decently, but half a word was all he got out before the stock of a firearm clobbered him right across the face. Then the rest of the cloaked men reacted, and rushed at the lone girl who had entered. Vicious shrugged as she pocketed the shotgun and brought out two knives.

"Big mistake."

Leaving the pile of unconscious (or dead) cultists on the floor, Vicious continued along, and soon reached a door on the side. She could hear noises inside.

*Bam!*

She saw the interior contents of the room instantly. Cages of all kinds.

"Good heavens."

Fortunately, it wasn't too long of a wait before I heard the sounds of people getting beat up, and before long, Vicious entered.

"We need to take them and leave, as quickly as possible. We don't know how many of them might be here, or if they have help, so it's best to just get out. Do you have any way of making sure they're all.. still them?"

"Thought that might have been a concern. Here you go."

Vicious pulled out six vials from her pockets, handing over three of them.

"Demons don't get along well with holy water. There isn't enough to drench each of them in it, which would be the ideal telling method, but there should be just enough to splash each of them with a handful or two. I'll work on the left side, you do the right side."

Quickly taking the vials, I quickly splashed a bit on the children on my side. I was hoping there wouldn't be any, but.. it seems I wouldn't be so lucky. As the liquid splashed onto one of them, those in the cages next to them recoiled as the demon's flesh melted, and it screamed in agony. I quickly threw what was left of the holy water at it, then turned to Vicious to see how her side had gone as the demon slowly died.

On her end, Vicious had gone through about two vials and most of the children, and was left with a few more cages to work on. She splashed a handful on a little boy that looked around nine, and there was no visible reaction.

"......"

Why did she feel such unease?

The little boy did nothing but stare at her silently, not saying a word. She beckoned at him, but nothing happened.

"......"

The same thing happened to the next cage; no reaction, no movement. The nine year old girl stared at her just as quietly.

The last cage, however, ended differently. The ten-year old girl didn't react to the holy water, but sobbed and crawled closer to Vicious, holding out both hands. Just as she was about to unlock the cage, however, she stopped.

Why did she feel such unease? Her instincts were screaming, warning of danger---but what kind?

Vicious stared at the girl, stepping just out of her grasping range, and for a brief moment, she saw resentment on the child's face.

"What's your name?"

The child shut up instantly.

...Huh.

"What is your name, little one? Surely you can tell me. I'll let you out of the cage if you tell me."

The child crawled forward to stare at her, eyes not leaving her face.

"...You swear? On your life?"

"Of course. On my life it is."

Instantly the child changed; her body lengthened, turning a bright shade of pink. Bat-like wings unfurled from the waist, and horns grew out of her forehead; the irises took on a translucent hue and the demon hissed, speaking in a voice that sounded like several people talking at the same time.

"My name," declared it. "Is Dzfir, Lord of the Pit. Remember it as the name of one who will be your future master---now, I have fulfilled my bargain, so it is your turn. Free me from this unpleasant cage."

*Click*

"Sure."

"What are you doing, worthless human? You agreed to let me out of the cage---"

*BOOM!*

"And so I did. Didn't remember promising to let you out alive though, lizard. Trickery 101. Go back and fill the pit in your head where your brains should be, dumbass."

Vicious yanked open the cage door, sending the smoldering remains of demon onto the floor, before crushing it into dust with her boot. At the same time, the previous two cages shimmered and finally revealed their contents; two partially rotted skeletons.

"A shame. Well, that happens."

I stared for a moment, impressed, before realizing that we didn't have time to waste.

"With that taken care of, I think it's time to get out of here."

It was difficult to move quickly through the tunnels with a large group of children, but the motivating power of fear made them do their best to keep up with us. Or was it something else? I still felt a bit uncomfortable. The few cultists we ran into were dispatched relatively easily by a fist or the blunt trauma of a gun. Luckily, the cage room wasn't too far from the entrance, likely for convenience. I couldn't help but wonder though, how deep did this maze go?

A question to be answered later. For now, these children have homes to return to.

We brought them here to the guild as we decided it would be easier for you to figure out where they live, than for us to wander around. This concludes our report.

Though, having arrived and read this report, I might have more concerns, and perhaps a clue as to why they were kidnapping children. They must have some way of inducing this process.
Demons? They're turning children into demons? And in such a big number at that?

Dear Goddess, just what is going on with this world you have sent me to...? I pray this is the end to it, but I have a hard time believing so.

"Well, miss Mirth and miss Vicious, correct? Although one of you referred to yourself as Malice, so please pardon my rudeness if I referenced you in the wrong manner.

"I am... Astonished by the report you have brought, and deeply thankful to the fact you have saved this many children at once, though I fear for what may happen to them even after the rescue.

"I pray you can find a solution to this case, those are extremely disheartening news.

"May the gods guide you both, and protect us all. They know how much we need it."

Final Reward:
Exp:
110 for each.
Money: 20G for each.

OOC: Please remember to mark the report as appraised in some way~

AliceShiki

The next report was about subjugating slimes... Again? Just how many of those will we have... With how much slimes the adventures have exterminated, and may the goddess save their souls, I'd have expected them to have been extinguished from the city already...

Let's just go over yet another gruesome report I suppose...
Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
Objectives:
Explanation:

Rewards:

Quest report:

On the way to the adventurer guild, Lib was approached by a tall, lanky man wearing a robe.

"Hey, you. The miss who is carrying a sword." The man called.

The man looked really shady. He was the kind of man her brother said she had to avoid. Charming smile, calling a stranger from a far, either that this man was a con man or he would next be hitting on her and try to bring her to a secluded place. As he called, he rushed to block her path to the adventurer guild.

"Hey miss, I have a business proposition for you. Can I have a bit of your time?" The man said.

Okay, her impression of him was that he was a conman. She tried to sidestep to the left or to the right, yet the man keep blocking her.

"Come on, I guarantee this will be beneficial to us both. Please?" The man insisted.

She decided to backtrack. As she tried to left, the man grabbed her hand.

"It will be worth your time. I guarantee." He said.

Lib felt more wary of him. Using her free leg, she kicked the man in the middle of his crotch. The man tumbled down while asking for her to wait.

Today, once again she took the slime subjugation request. As she tried to leave, the man appeared, blocking her way out.

"You are taking the slime subjugation quest, right? Come with me, I will show you a place where you can subjugate them as much as you can." The man said.

She pushed the man away and left.

--------

"Come on miss. I could give you 10 slime core right now if you agreed to follow me to my place." The man said as he pursued her.

Lib felt that the man won't stop pursuing her until she agreed. In exasperated tone, she said, "Okay then. I'll follow you today, I hope you won't bother me again tomorrow."

As Lib agreed, the man pull out 10 slime core. It seemed like it was freshly harvested today. As she got those proof of subjugation, she backtracked to the adventurer guild and submitted them.

The man was waiting for her in front of the adventurer guild. He introduced himself as Io, a slime breeder from the village in the northwest. As she followed the man, the man began to talk about his business plan.

"Miss, as you may realize, those slimes were not quite as omnivore as we thought. They have certain preference and this preference solidified as they matured. For example, a slime that was put into the environment full with red algae would mainly consume those for living. when they matured, if they were moved from the red algae to green algae environment, they would ignore the green algae and consume only water."

"I see..." Lib answered, feigning interest.

"It would take a mere two months for their preference to solidify. Of course, that means if we incubated a slime within a certain environment for two months, it would give us an effective filter for those waste."

"And then, what you would like me to do is to gather waste for you? After all, those inorganic part would be unsustainable. unlike your example of red and green algae."

"Exactly. My father and I came up with this plan. Instead of letting them breed freely, what if they were breed in a certain environment? We planned to create a filter to the sewer as the way to purify waste. It would be clean water for all."

"And what about the matter of disposal? As you realize, the slime will build up toxicity with each consumption."

"Would it matter, miss? You've seen the proof in the craftsman district. As long as they consume only a small amount of water, their form would solidify into the round ball."

"Say... have you ever test it? How would those slimes adapt from the change of environment? You are putting a land-dwelling slime into an environment where it was mostly water. Will they even survive?" Lib asked. As the discussion went on, she became more fascinated with the man and his idea, even though she maintained her scepticism.

"Well..." The man paused.

"Look, your idea is great. You are asking for the wrong person though. I am a new adventurer. Therefore I am penniless. I don't think I could do the job you asked though. The endeavor would need me to have a long time commitment as someone who had to eliminate those waste. You could probably put those pure water slime though to absorb all of those water. Then use a new slime to eliminate the remaining waste."

"Oh, is that it then... so you don't want to partner with me?" He said.

"I'm sorry. but I'm not looking for commitment yet."

As the man left, Lib felt that she had cheated the man of his due, for the core he gave her. As she turned her back, intending to purchase a core, she could no longer find that man.
Well, for once it wasn't a gruesome, report, that was a nice change.

However... "Miss Lib... May I suggest you read your quest objectives again?

"While I am always glad to see that some wild life had their life preserved, it does not excuse you to skip on your own duties, the gods do not look favorably upon those that refuse to do that which was assigned to them.

"Your task was to exterminate slimes in order to ensure the long-term health of the city, yet all you did was bring Slime Cores that were harvested by someone else in a farm far from Scribel itself.

"I was tempted to fail your task outright, but since you did bring the materials to us at least, I'll give you a part of the reward.

"Please reflect properly on your actions, miss Lib. You not only fooled a man that trusted you, but also tried to fool the very guild that pays for your living. The gods are not pleased with you.

"May the divine will shine upon you, and lead you towards the path of light."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 2G

OOC: Remember to tag your report as appraised in some way btw! ^^)/
And on a side note, I did enjoy reading through it quite a bit, it was a nice report! Just remember to actually do the killing in a killing job! >.<

AliceShiki

The following report was about exploration? How... Unusual, I thought this quest was taken off the quest board?

Maybe I just didn't pay enough attention, or maybe it was taken before it was removed... Either way, let's see what it brings.
View attachment 1828
Behold my MS Paint skills.
"Alright, I guess we will explore the western edge of the forest today," I said to my dolls as I looked at the places nearby. They all seem to be insistent on visiting there. I guess some of their friends are nearby and they want to meet or something. Gathering my supplies, enough for a trip that lasts till tomorrow, I set foot outside Scribel city along the path towards Astaria Village. I took offtrack once I was past the slime creeks.

My path intersected the small tributary of the main river that runs parallel to Astria-Scribel path. I was originally planning to walk along its southern bank, but I found a small bridge of rocks that let me cross it. It seems the rocks had either been submerged before or have been recently been placed here as I could not find it been indicated on the map.

I walked at a small angle to forest's edge, trying to reach at end of mapped portion of the forest. It was already afternoon and thus I took a break near a lone ancient tree was a bit outside the forest's outer periphery. The tree was situated on a small cliff (~2 humans in height.) I sat and ate my lunch together with the tombstone buried under the tree. "The stone is rather high quality, but the grave is quite small." I said to my dolls who nodded in agreement. One of the doll dusted off a 50 year old tombstone bearing an unreadable name and a quote written in the most slanted cursive handwriting possible. "Totally tasteless, who writes their tombstone like that," I commented. The quote read, "My forever loved silver friend, may you rest in peace."

While that was going on, my other doll was setting up my picnic, ehem, exploration mat and food. It was an excellent meal and the dolls also had changed into a maid uniform because of course she had. After a proper meal for this Oujo sama served by her excellent maids, she asked them to pack it up. (Before anyone starts claiming doll abuse and all, remember that an Oujo sama like me deserves all the pampering of this world. And what is the point of being a necromancer if you cannot even get your minions to serve you food??). I continued towards the forest after leaving a small bone as offering to the grave.

Just before I reached the edge of forest, I entered it. Walking northwards I reached a clearing in the forest. A gargoyle was roasting some rats there without a care for the world.

"Excuse me Mister," I said.

The gargoyle looked up. I removed my makeup over my right hand and showed him my family' insignia. "At your service, miss Netherbone. I assume you are here to visit the travelling fair." I nodded and ask him to take me there. He quickly stuffed all the rats in his mouth and flew westwards with me. We went down a large cliffside into a non-assuming cave formation.

(Now for all those readers of quest report who thought I was not an actual Oujo sama, I am an actual Oujo sama! Hmph.)

The fair was quite interesting to be honest. The gargoyle guided me around. There were shops selling everything from MUPs (Modular Undead Prosthetics), raw bones and flesh, tombs(of both kinds), jewellery, food, blood vials, clothes and even pets! Sadly nothing I liked was even near my total savings. I must say that living on your own without using your family' coffers does a number on your budget. There were skeleton dancers, Zombie musicians and even a food eating contest! The tour is suppose to be here for about a month and is open to anyone friendly (being accompanied by an undead does help with proving so by the way)

What rubbed in the wrong way was that one of my doll met some other doll in the fair. And they seemed to be a couple. Grrrrrr! Unbelievable! I swear, even my minion can find a partner for themself. That is actually rubbing it in my face. Just to be clear reader, I am not jealous of my dolls. Not at all. No I would neither admit that I actually loved how my doll seemed super happy and was feeling happy for her. She sported this super wise creepy smile for the rest of this journey.

The return journey was rather uneventful.
Just what is this... Thing? Dear Goddess, please grant me strength...

"So, let's see if I got this right, miss Vivis...

"You found a small rock bridge that could slightly shorten the path one takes if they wish to head Northwest.
"You also found a clearing within the forest that houses a Gargoyle? I suppose we should mark that place as dangerous then.
"And following that, you found a gathering of undead in a cave? I suppose we should also mark it as too dangerous to approach.

"I'm not how much of this is truly worthwhile for the guild to know about considering how... Unusual were their circumstances, but I'll note it down regardless.

"Also, it's Asteria. Not Astaria nor Astria.

"In any case, the guild thanks you for your effort, miss Vivis. May the gods grant you a nice life when the time comes for you to claim a new one."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 15G

OOC: Please remember to tag your report as appraised in some form.

Devils.Advocate

An objectionable existence
+ + +
Cooking Rations
SponsorLocationRequirements
Adventurer's GuildScribel RegionLevel 1
ObjectivesDescription
  • Visit the guild kitchens.
  • Cook 40 satisfactory rations.
The guild stockpiles on rations in case of emergency.
Rations are foods that are easily preserved and can store for a long time.
The Adventurer's Guild provides the ingredients, and there is an easy recipe to follow.
One ration is one day's worth of food.
EXPGoldItems
4010G5 rations
+ + +

Character: Omni (Level 1)
Quest: Cook cook Cooking Rations!!!

Hello, Receptionist!

I have decided, I am a cook now! I got the ingredient from the store house and went to the guild kitchen and really when at it, in no time at all I made one portion of ration.

I ate it right away.

Of course I did, what did you expect, I HAD to taste test them, any good chef would do the same!

On the second day, after making my 50th? batch and eaten that too... I start to notice something , the recipe was... missing a certain... somethin' somethin'... A bit of an edge... SO, being the great chef that I am, I made it better, I added a bit my my hometown in to the recipe.

You won't have this spice here, and you won't have heard of it, it's call Dungeon-moss. Back home when we get hungry and there's nothing to eat we munched on that.

It gives a electrify feeling like mana is burning your insides! Its great!

So here

*hands over 40 portions of Luminescent rations*

Last edited: