Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Zoey

Mustachu
Quest Report | Nyx (level 1, 75/200)

Apparently, the people known as "potion brewers" back in my home world are known as "alchemists" here. That's confusing. That aside, only a third of the apothecaries I visited were brewers; the rest were actual doctors who knew about health. They all were pretty normal, they had their shop in the front, preparation room in the back, and living spaces upstairs.

Although the breweries I visited aren't suspicious, the source of their materials was. It's a sort of grey market on the edge of the city, where both legitimate goods and those without any identifiable source are bought and sold. I got a lot of new stuff from there - they really do sell everything.

The group selling slime cores were near the center of the market when I came. It seems that I was pretty lucky, they apparently only come around once a week. I told one of my puppets to follow them.

They seemed to have noticed that something was watching them though. A bit into the forest northeast of Scribel, they drank concealment potions, and my puppet lost them. I'm sure further investigations are needed, but for now, this is all I have.
That's concerning, further investigations may need to take place.
  • EXP: 75
  • Money: 20G
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been filed. Thanks.
OOC: Daily cost of living is 10G.

Quaesitor

Bridge Workers: Recruitment
Sponsor
: The Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Completed "Office Work" quest at least once.
  • Recruit 5 NPCs to participate in building the bridge.
Rewards:
  • Money: 10G

While checking the available quests, one, in particular, draws my attention. After quickly skimming through the description, I nod to myself. It would seem that the guild is about to construct a bridge - which, while a bit strange as the guild shouldn't be responsible for construction projects - is a good idea.

The location seems suitable for building a bridge and with the bridge opening the way to the southern marshland, there indeed is economical value in it. After all, marshlands often house an abundance of fish, rare herbs useful in various areas from alchemy to perfume and herbal medicine, over papyrus which is essential for the production of the material with the same name, used for wiring on. With the amount of paperwork the guild has to deal with, the additional papyrus certainly would help. In addition, the soil might even be rich in iron, which could be extracted through various procedures.

Indeed, I will do my best to support the construction of the bridge - there only seems to be merit in it. The very first thing I do is get the written permission that I am allowed to place posters in the city to aid in the recruitment. Then I design a simple poster for the recruitment and create a dozen of them with my own money before posting them at various papers within the city. I show any questioning guards the permission and distribute the posters in peace.

After doing this I start looking for able-bodied people and convince them by clearly outlining the economic advantages, as well as the social renown assisting in this project, would gain them. It does not take long to convince a group of 6 strong and ambitious citizens to join the construction team. I once again assure them that they are doing the right thing before leading them to the guild and getting them to sign the official contract of labor.

With the written confirmation that I have fulfilled the requirement of recruiting 5 workers, I go to the reception desk and hand in my report.
poster-template-59dfae889dd1b-design.jpg

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
While checking the available quests, one, in particular, draws my attention. After quickly skimming through the description, I nod to myself. It would seem that the guild is about to construct a bridge - which, while a bit strange as the guild shouldn't be responsible for construction projects - is a good idea.

The location seems suitable for building a bridge and with the bridge opening the way to the southern marshland, there indeed is economical value in it. After all, marshlands often house an abundance of fish, rare herbs useful in various areas from alchemy to perfume and herbal medicine, over papyrus which is essential for the production of the material with the same name, used for wiring on. With the amount of paperwork the guild has to deal with, the additional papyrus certainly would help. In addition, the soil might even be rich in iron, which could be extracted through various procedures.

Indeed, I will do my best to support the construction of the bridge - there only seems to be merit in it. The very first thing I do is get the written permission that I am allowed to place posters in the city to aid in the recruitment. Then I design a simple poster for the recruitment and create a dozen of them with my own money before posting them at various papers within the city. I show any questioning guards the permission and distribute the posters in peace.

After doing this I start looking for able-bodied people and convince them by clearly outlining the economic advantages, as well as the social renown assisting in this project, would gain them. It does not take long to convince a group of 6 strong and ambitious citizens to join the construction team. I once again assure them that they are doing the right thing before leading them to the guild and getting them to sign the official contract of labor.

With the written confirmation that I have fulfilled the requirement of recruiting 5 workers, I go to the reception desk and hand in my report.
Now that we have workers we can finally get started on bridge construction. Now all we need are the proper materials, like stone and wood.
OOC: Wink wink
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been filed. Thanks.

gallantkun

Title: Wanted - Teacher
Sponsor: Lib
Location: Anywhere is fine, just contact me through the board.
Required Level: -
Objectives:

1. Teach me how to learn magic and sense mana?

Description: I need to learn how to sense mana. I have Elemental Basics Tome and would like for someone to teach me to go through it for the early chapter.
Rewards:
  • EXP:
  • Money: 100

Quest Report | Kail

I can teach you how to create a mana pathway inside your body.

The way my magic works is that I circulate the mana inside my own body and created a miniature leyline.

By guiding the mana, you can imbue your mana with elements of your choosing. Ex: you imbue your mana with fire class element and throw it away and it will become a fireball spell(sorta).

This types of magic focus on mana sensing rather than spellcasting. The mana efficiency can be improved if you incorporated this technique with a standard spellcasting technique.

So, do you wish to learn the oriental style mana technique?

If so, I will guide my mana to circulate inside your body to create your own leyline.

Skill: [Miniature Leyline (Basic)]

@Miku

Feathers95

Healing Herbs
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Identify healing herbs in the wilderness.
  • Collect a large sack of healings herbs.
  • Do not accidentally harvest the wrong plants.
Many species of healing herbs can be found throughout the world.
A special type of grass with healing properties is known to grow in this area.
The guild would like to stockpile on these herbs for emergencies.
Make sure that you're collecting the right kind of plant though!
We don't want a sack of ordinary grass!
Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G
  • Other: n/a
Quest Report (4)
Name
: Zombo
Level: 1 (105 EXP)
Quest: Healing Herbs
Evaluation:
  • Collected half a sack's worth of brightweed
  • Was ambushed by a dire wolf and saved by a border patrol guard
Summary of what was described in my lost post:
  • After Zombo's quest in the west farmlands, he decided to explore the northern forests and took the healing herbs quest along the way
  • Whilst relaxing and appreciating nature, he was ambushed by a dire wolf, which he knew he couldn't defeat since he already found it difficult to battle a giant rat, hence there was no way he'd be able to battle a giant wolf
  • Since he's quite a bulky and slow creature, Zombo knew he wouldn't be able to outrun the wolf even with his headstart in running, hence he sacrificed his left arm, which still had a mind of its own due to the strange plants residing in his body, which he threw at the wolf to entangle its legs briefly.
  • Zombo managed to run long enough until he was found by a border patrol guard, who saved him quickly by slaying the wolf in a few quick moves. Zombo was envious and respectful of the guard's strength, hence he had a new goal, to get stronger so that he could go around and explore the world to his heart's content.
  • He resolutely but cautiously returned to the forest and using his only arm left, he gathered half a sack's worth of brightweed and returned to the guild to hand in his report.
  • Might take a while to get his arm back, since his natural rejuvenation is hindered in this world...

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Quest Report (4)
Name
: Zombo
Level: 1 (105 EXP)
Quest: Healing Herbs
Evaluation:
  • Collected half a sack's worth of brightweed
  • Was ambushed by a dire wolf and saved by a border patrol guard
Summary of what was described in my lost post:
  • After Zombo's quest in the west farmlands, he decided to explore the northern forests and took the healing herbs quest along the way
  • Whilst relaxing and appreciating nature, he was ambushed by a dire wolf, which he knew he couldn't defeat since he already found it difficult to battle a giant rat, hence there was no way he'd be able to battle a giant wolf
  • Since he's quite a bulky and slow creature, Zombo knew he wouldn't be able to outrun the wolf even with his headstart in running, hence he sacrificed his left arm, which still had a mind of its own due to the strange plants residing in his body, which he threw at the wolf to entangle its legs briefly.
  • Zombo managed to run long enough until he was found by a border patrol guard, who saved him quickly by slaying the wolf in a few quick moves. Zombo was envious and respectful of the guard's strength, hence he had a new goal, to get stronger so that he could go around and explore the world to his heart's content.
  • He resolutely but cautiously returned to the forest and using his only arm left, he gathered half a sack's worth of brightweed and returned to the guild to hand in his report.
  • Might take a while to get his arm back, since his natural rejuvenation is hindered in this world...

OOC: Sorry you lost your original post.
As you only returned with half a bag I can't give you the full reward.
  • Money: 10 G

gallantkun

Bridge Materials: Trees
Sponsor
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Search for 5 large trees.
  • Cut them down.
  • Bring them to the bridge construction site.
Rewards:

"The pay is quite low for laborious work, but I understand why as the City is still in the development phase." Kail complained silently but still decided to take the quest as it has been a while since he did anything.

The Guild lent Kail a basic wood axe and a wheelbarrow to cut and transport the wood logs respectively.

Kail headed to the North Forest and he spent half an hour to fell 5 trees that look like the White Pine tree on Earth.

After that, he chopped the fell trees to a suitable size for bridge construction. And then he carried it away with the help of the wheelbarrow to the construction site.

"Here is the material you needed." Kail stowed the wood one by one in the small tent and left the site hurriedly as the weather is ridiculously hot for this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: GM

Zoey

Mustachu
"The pay is quite low for laborious work, but I understand why, the Mayor is trying to cut corners again." Kail complained silently but still decided to take the quest as it has been a while since he did anything.

The Guild lent Kail a basic wood axe and a wheelbarrow to cut and transport the wood logs.

Kail headed to the North Forest and he spent half an hour to fell 5 trees that look like the White Pine tree on Earth.

After that, he chopped the fell trees to a suitable size for bridge construction. And then he carried it away with the help of the wheelbarrow to the construction site.

"Here is the material you needed." Kail stowed the wood one by one in the small tent and left the site hurriedly as the weather is ridiculously hot for this season.
Yay! we can finally start putting those workers of ours to good work. Now all we need is fifteen logs, ten boulders, and five more workers.

Yorth

Swordman
Investigate Anomaly That Happened In Rural Farmland(Non-repeatable)
Sponsor : Almodeus Thompson (Dead)
Required level : 3 or above
Objectives :

•Confirm Almodeus Thompson death
•Kill the devil or seal it
•Rescue farmers and villager

Explanation : Almodeus Thompson found some traces of anomaly in rural farmland. He went to that anomaly den by himself and never comeback again.

His Report :

REPORT #1 REPORT #2

Rewards :
•EXP : 150
•Money : 49G (from his corpse)
•All of his items

Hidden Rewards :
•Almodeus Thompson's Legacy(you may inherit one of his skills)
•Almodeus Thompson's Note(Its looks like it contained some kind of important information)

Post Evaluated

Quest Report
Name
: Vor Saknave
Level: 4 (1855EXP)
Quest: Investigate Anomaly That Happened In Rural Farmland

Report :

After the last quest, I took a bit of a time off. I figured that rather than just breeze through the levels, it was far wiser to train my skills and unlock new powers. As such, I trained for a full month. Day and night, I didn't stop, I only trained and trained and trained. By the end of it, I was finally able to control fire in any shape I wanted. My cast time was four times shorter, and my miniature sun finally started living up to its name. I learned how to fuel my fire with more mana and still be able to control it. The results were mixed but I was at the very least able to control the path of a miniature sun with ten times the mana of a normal fireball. Believe me, it packed a punch.

At the end of the month, I went to check on the quests to see if there was anything interesting. I still need to finish one big quest before the much-awaited Rank E exam. That's when I came across this one. The mention of a devil definitely intrigued me, and for it to be so strong as to kill such a strong adventurer. Interesting.

The quest report didn't specify exactly the location of the devil. It did say that it was in the farmland, but where? The farmland spanned miles in each direction, trying to find the devil there was like searching for a needle in a haystack. As such, I talked with the locals and asked them about the missing adventurer. They said that he was camping in the place where the livestock was most present. As such, I followed in his steps.

The night came, the moon rose and the wolves howled. There was no one but me patroling these farms. Suddenly, I heard footsteps. Rushed, fast, and strong. I crouched and made myself as unnoticeable as possible. Looking around with mana eyes, I saw the corrupted trail. My eyes immediately darted to their end.

A monster.

A beast that merged all beasts. A chimera with gigantic bat wings, a monkey face, a lizard body, and eagle talons. It rushed at me at full speed before I cast my miniature sun. I threw the spell at it, engulfing the beast in flames. It screamed and roared before crawling back to whatever hole it came from.

Its speed was definitely one of its strongest points. Its defense too, seeing how it withstood my miniature sun. But maybe fire and flames are its weak point, considering that it ran away at their sight. But it wouldn't stay hidden for long now it showed itself to me. I followed the trail of corrupted mana in the air until I reached the forest. It seems that whatever that thing was, it didn't originate from here. I kept following the trail until it reached a certain cave in the western forest, right before the Slimecreek.

I entered the cave, and what I saw sent shiver down my spine. Dozens, if not hundreds of skeletons littered the ground and decorated the cave. It was some sort of artistic horror of sorts. The cave then opened up to a chamber a demonic red circle was drawn on the ground. And there it was, the chimera. This time, I didn't let have the first move. I gathered as much mana as I could in my miniature sun before throwing at the beast. It sat up and tried running away, but to no use. I guided my miniature sun towards the beast like a homing missile. Kaboom! The beast went up in flames. Fire spread out in all directions, but the beast was still alive. It tried running away with its charred body, but not in my watch. I threw another miniature sun at it and it was a done deal. The creature died in screams of agony. Much like those of its victims, I suppose.

After killing the chimera, I searched around the chamber. It gave way to a small room in its back with desks and tables in it. I looked around the room and found flasks and vials of all kind. The desks were filled with papers. The scriptures were written in a language I didn't understand, but I assume it had something to do with the chimera outside.

Either way, I couldn't do much regarding the mysterious room. I looked around for signs of Almodeus, but since all the bodies were skeletons now, I couldn't distinguish him from the rest. For now, I leave the rest for the guild to figure out.

OOC: @darkza1569 how do the hidden rewards work?

Last edited:

Quaesitor

Bridge Materials: Trees
Sponsor
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Search for 5 large trees.
  • Cut them down.
  • Bring them to the bridge construction site.
Rewards:
Without taking a break after recruiting workers for the bridge, I immediately take the quest to get lumber for the bridge. However, a quick check of my inventory shows me that I am ill-equipped to fell large trees. A quick check of my dwindling finances makes me reconsider taking this quest, but this will be a worthwhile investment. The bridge will be completed, and if I have to build it alone.

So I visit a smithy in order to make my first investment - a simple bar of iron for 35 gold. Together with my transmutation magic, I will be able to temporarily turn it into iron tools. After that, I also buy a solid wood stick of high quality for 5 gold which shall be the handle of the tools.

Then, using the stick as a walking stick, I wander to the northern forest. On the way, I quickly make some calculations and come to the conclusion that transporting the trees by hand will be a fool's errand - and I'm no fool. No, I will have to think of something else.

By the time I arrive at the forest, I already have an idea. I move towards the river and look for a large tree rather close to the water. It doesn't take long until I find a good candidate directly next to the river. I take the stick and iron bar and transmute the iron to fit around the stick, creating a typical woodcutter's ax, and start chopping a wedge into the tree.

4 hours and 11 minutes later, 30 of which were a break, the wedge finally is big enough. I push against the tree from one side and, accompanied by cracking sounds, it falls into the river and slowly drifts downwards. While shifting the transmutation of the iron to a hook with which I can correct the path of the tree, I follow it down the river.

It takes a total of 5 hours and 22 minutes until I have reached the building site, dragged the tree back onto the land, and have returned to the forest. Once there, the first thing I do is take a 1-hour long break to recover my energy. That makes a total of 10 hours for 1 tree. I should be able to reduce the time to 9 hours, given some practice. It seems like I won't be visiting Scribel for the next few days.

2 days of resting and working in the forest later, I finally have brought the required 5 trees to the building site. After getting the formal confirmation that I have brought the trees to the building site, I return to Scribel. After cleaning my clothes of any dirt, of course.

Last edited:

gallantkun

> > >
Blacksmith's Apprentice
  • Sponsor: Smithing Guild
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Visit the Smithing Guild forges.
  • Bring a load of firewood as payment.
  • Assist the blacksmith with his/her craft.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
The Smithing Guild is looking for dedicated students interested in smithing.
Blacksmithing is an intensive process that requires many assistants.
Bring a load of firewood, and you will make charcoal and operate the bellows.
Over time, we will teach you to swing a hammer and be a blacksmith's striker.
If you can't stand the heat — get out! — and stop wasting our time.
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Permission to use Smithing Guild forges
> > >

Kail read the quest description and headed to the lumber yard outside the City near the North Forest.

"Excuse me, can I buy some firewood for the Smithing Quest?"

"Oh, go to the warehouse on the left side. The firewoods inside there are suitable for smithing usage."

Kail collected the necessary firewood and paid at the counter. With firewood on hand, Kail walked straight to the Smithing Guild.

Loud clanking noise could be heard inside the Smithing Guild and black smoke flows out from the multiple chimneys. The design of the Smithing Guild seemed odd as if bunch of houses was glued to each other with a different design for each section.

Kail entered the Guild and probed inside with his mana sense. The entire guild was filled with fire class element and it was chaotic.

"Hello there, I am here for the Smithing Quest and this is the firewoods for the payment."

The receptionist inspected the firewoods and nodded in satisfaction. "You bought it from the North Yard, right? Good job lad."

The dwarf receptionist guided me to a small smithing room. Inside there, there is an elf busily working on her craft.

"Eornia, we have a new helper today."

The tough-looking elf with scars covering her arms silently staring at Kail. "Good enough, gather all the material on the list and bring it here."

The receptionist left me with the elf and Kail read the list. He headed to the storage room at the back.

He managed to gather all it as the list contain a minor description for each of them.

But Kail didn't manage to catch a break. He was tasked to run around the guild and finished some menial chore for the elf.

3 hours later, Kail sat at the corner of the room, catching his breath. "Excuse me, miss. When can I start to operate the bellow?"

Eornia was giving the armor a finishing touch before looking back at Kail. "Oh, you are here for the Smithing Quest. Judging by your stamina, you pass the small test." She finished her works and gestured Kail to come to the furnace.

"We have been ordered to craft 10 sets of armor by the end of this week. Come help me maintain the temperature."

Eornia taught Kail how to use the bellow and she started the smithing process.

It was quite arduous to maintain a constant rhythm while being bath with hot air throughout the process.

Kail used his mana to replenish his stamina and relieved the numbing feeling in his arms. 'Fortunately, I can use mana to mitigate the heat. This is way too intense for newcomers.'

For the next few hours, Kail helped to manage the furnace and learned on how to create charcoal from firewood. Eornia was satisfied with Kail's working attitude and his ability to use mana actively inside the hot room.

Eornia gave a strong pat on Kail's back. "Ahahaha, nice job lad. The way you used mana is quite refreshing. With your help, my working speed is almost double. Consider your duty is over."

"How about this, help me for another two days and I will teach you how to forge." Eornia gave Kail an appreciating smile.

"Thank you for the offer. I will submit the report to the Guild first and I will come back on another day." Kail bowed to Eornia slightly.

After saying farewell to Eornia, Kail sent his report to the Guild and he headed straight to Tavern to relieve his physical stress.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Without taking a break after recruiting workers for the bridge, I immediately take the quest to get lumber for the bridge. However, a quick check of my inventory shows me that I am ill-equipped to fell large trees. A quick check of my dwindling finances makes me reconsider taking this quest, but this will be a worthwhile investment. The bridge will be completed, and if I have to build it alone.

So I visit a smithy in order to make my first investment - a simple bar of iron for 35 gold. Together with my transmutation magic, I will be able to temporarily turn it into iron tools. After that, I also buy a solid wood stick of high quality for 5 gold which shall be the handle of the tools.

Then, using the stick as a walking stick, I wander to the northern forest. On the way, I quickly make some calculations and come to the conclusion that transporting the trees by hand will be a fool's errand - and I'm no fool. No, I will have to think of something else.

By the time I arrive at the forest, I already have an idea. I move towards the river and look for a large tree rather close to the water. It doesn't take long until I find a good candidate directly next to the river. I take the stick and iron bar and transmute the iron to fit around the stick, creating a typical woodcutter's ax, and start chopping a wedge into the tree.

4 hours and 11 minutes later, 30 of which were a break, the wedge finally is big enough. I push against the tree from one side and, accompanied by cracking sounds, it falls into the river and slowly drifts downwards. While shifting the transmutation of the iron to a hook with which I can correct the path of the tree, I follow it down the river.

It takes a total of 5 hours and 22 minutes until I have reached the building site, dragged the tree back onto the land, and have returned to the forest. Once there, the first thing I do is take a 1-hour long break to recover my energy. That makes a total of 10 hours for 1 tree. I should be able to reduce the time to 9 hours, given some practice. It seems like I won't be visiting Scribel for the next few days.

2 days of resting and working in the forest later, I finally have brought the required 5 trees to the building site. After getting the formal confirmation that I have brought the trees to the building site, I return to Scribel. After cleaning my clothes of any dirt, of course.
Only ten more more trees to go.

gallantkun

Excellent work.

Reminder: The Guild can rent basic equipment such as ax and wheelbarrow.

The current construction status: 10 logs acquired.

Zoey

Mustachu
Kail read the quest description and headed to the lumber yard outside the City near the North Forest.

"Excuse me, can I buy some firewood for the Smithing Quest?"

"Oh, go to the warehouse on the left side. The firewoods inside there are suitable for smithing usage."

Kail collected the necessary firewood and paid at the counter. With firewood on hand, Kail walked straight to the Smithing Guild.

Loud clanking noise could be heard inside the Smithing Guild and black smoke flows out from the multiple chimneys. The design of the Smithing Guild seemed odd as if bunch of houses was glued to each other with a different design for each section.

Kail entered the Guild and probed inside with his mana sense. The entire guild was filled with fire class element and it was chaotic.

"Hello there, I am here for the Smithing Quest and this is the firewoods for the payment."

The receptionist inspected the firewoods and nodded in satisfaction. "You bought it from the North Yard, right? Good job lad."

The dwarf receptionist guided me to a small smithing room. Inside there, there is an elf busily working on her craft.

"Eornia, we have a new helper today."

The tough-looking elf with scars covering her arms silently staring at Kail. "Good enough, gather all the material on the list and bring it here."

The receptionist left me with the elf and Kail read the list. He headed to the storage room at the back.

He managed to gather all it as the list contain a minor description for each of them.

But Kail didn't manage to catch a break. He was tasked to run around the guild and finished some menial chore for the elf.

3 hours later, Kail sat at the corner of the room, catching his breath. "Excuse me, miss. When can I start to operate the bellow?"

Eornia was giving the armor a finishing touch before looking back at Kail. "Oh, you are here for the Smithing Quest. Judging by your stamina, you pass the small test." She finished her works and gestured Kail to come to the furnace.

"We have been ordered to craft 10 sets of armor by the end of this week. Come help me maintain the temperature."

Eornia taught Kail how to use the bellow and she started the smithing process.

It was quite arduous to maintain a constant rhythm while being bath with hot air throughout the process.

Kail used his mana to replenish his stamina and relieved the numbing feeling in his arms. 'Fortunately, I can use mana to mitigate the heat. This is way too intense for newcomers.'

For the next few hours, Kail helped to manage the furnace and learned on how to create charcoal from firewood. Eornia was satisfied with Kail's working attitude and his ability to use mana actively inside the hot room.

Eornia gave a strong pat on Kail's back. "Ahahaha, nice job lad. The way you used mana is quite refreshing. With your help, my working speed is almost double. Consider your duty is over."

"How about this, help me for another two days and I will teach you how to forge." Eornia gave Kail an appreciating smile.

"Thank you for the offer. I will submit the report to the Guild first and I will come back on another day." Kail bowed to Eornia slightly.

After saying farewell to Eornia, Kail sent his report to the Guild and he headed straight to Tavern to relieve his physical stress.
Excellent you only need to do it two more times.

Zoey

Mustachu
Investigate Anomaly That Happened In Rural Farmland(Non-repeatable)
Sponsor : Almodeus Thompson (Dead)
Required level : 3 or above
Objectives :

•Confirm Almodeus Thompson death
•Kill the devil or seal it
•Rescue farmers and villager

Explanation : Almodeus Thompson found some traces of anomaly in rural farmland. He went to that anomaly den by himself and never comeback again.

His Report :

REPORT #1 REPORT #2

Rewards :
•Money : 49G (from his corpse)
•All of his items

Hidden Rewards :
•Almodeus Thompson's Legacy(you may inherit one of his skills)
•Almodeus Thompson's Note(Its looks like it contained some kind of important information)

Quest Report
Name
: Vor Saknave
Level: 4 (1855EXP)
Quest: Investigate Anomaly That Happened In Rural Farmland

Report :

After the last quest, I took a bit of a time off. I figured that rather than just breeze through the levels, it was far wiser to train my skills and unlock new powers. As such, I trained for a full month. Day and night, I didn't stop, I only trained and trained and trained. By the end of it, I was finally able to control fire in any shape I wanted. My cast time was four times shorter, and my miniature sun finally started living up to its name. I learned how to fuel my fire with more mana and still be able to control it. The results were mixed but I was at the very least able to control the path of a miniature sun with ten times the mana of a normal fireball. Believe me, it packed a punch.

At the end of the month, I went to check on the quests to see if there was anything interesting. I still need to finish one big quest before the much-awaited Rank E exam. That's when I came across this one. The mention of a devil definitely intrigued me, and for it to be so strong as to kill such a strong adventurer. Interesting.

The quest report didn't specify exactly the location of the devil. It did say that it was in the farmland, but where? The farmland spanned miles in each direction, trying to find the devil there was like searching for a needle in a haystack. As such, I talked with the locals and asked them about the missing adventurer. They said that he was camping in the place where the livestock was most present. As such, I followed in his steps.

The night came, the moon rose and the wolves howled. There was no one but me patroling these farms. Suddenly, I heard footsteps. Rushed, fast, and strong. I crouched and made myself as unnoticeable as possible. Looking around with mana eyes, I saw the corrupted trail. My eyes immediately darted to their end.

A monster.

A beast that merged all beasts. A chimera with gigantic bat wings, a monkey face, a lizard body, and eagle talons. It rushed at me at full speed before I cast my miniature sun. I threw the spell at it, engulfing the beast in flames. It screamed and roared before crawling back to whatever hole it came from.

Its speed was definitely one of its strongest points. Its defense too, seeing how it withstood my miniature sun. But maybe fire and flames are its weak point, considering that it ran away at their sight. But it wouldn't stay hidden for long now it showed itself to me. I followed the trail of corrupted mana in the air until I reached the forest. It seems that whatever that thing was, it didn't originate from here. I kept following the trail until it reached a certain cave in the western forest, right before the Slimecreek.

I entered the cave, and what I saw sent shiver down my spine. Dozens, if not hundreds of skeletons littered the ground and decorated the cave. It was some sort of artistic horror of sorts. The cave then opened up to a chamber a demonic red circle was drawn on the ground. And there it was, the chimera. This time, I didn't let have the first move. I gathered as much mana as I could in my miniature sun before throwing at the beast. It sat up and tried running away, but to no use. I guided my miniature sun towards the beast like a homing missile. Kaboom! The beast went up in flames. Fire spread out in all directions, but the beast was still alive. It tried running away with its charred body, but not in my watch. I threw another miniature sun at it and it was a done deal. The creature died in screams of agony. Much like those of its victims, I suppose.

After killing the chimera, I searched around the chamber. It gave way to a small room in its back with desks and tables in it. I looked around the room and found flasks and vials of all kind. The desks were filled with papers. The scriptures were written in a language I didn't understand, but I assume it had something to do with the chimera outside.

Either way, I couldn't do much regarding the mysterious room. I looked around for signs of Almodeus, but since all the bodies were skeletons now, I couldn't distinguish him from the rest. For now, I leave the rest for the guild to figure out.

OOC: @darkza1569 how do the hidden rewards work?
According to the quest your reward was the loot on the dead mans body. As such we have no reward to give you.

> > >

Night Watch
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.
  • Do not leave your post.
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed.
We need people to help keep the city safe.
Rewards:
> > >
Zorion gently slides a piece of paper across the reception desk.

Processed and Filed
Dear Guild Staff,

I was tasked with the night security of the warehouse district gate, no extraordinary incident occurred.

However, sometime after midnight a group of four was observed approaching. They loitered across the road talking amongst themselves. Utilizing some minor light magiks I projected the words "Can I be of assistance?" before them. The group and I traded gazes for a few moments., soon after they departed.

While the group may be entirely innocent, it may be prudent to let the public know that the warehouse district is watched and guarded. Which would discourage robbery attempts before the idea spouts.

If I may recommend an approach, the display of some simple signage would suffice and may change the minds of less determined thieves, I remain.

At your service,
Zorion Orti

Zoey

Mustachu
> > >

Night Watch
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.
  • Do not leave your post.
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed.
We need people to help keep the city safe.
Rewards:
> > >
Zorion gently slides a piece of paper across the reception desk.
Dear Guild Staff,

I was tasked with the night security of the warehouse district gate, no extraordinary incident occurred.

However, sometime after midnight a group of four was observed approaching. They loitered across the road talking amongst themselves. Utilizing some minor light magiks I projected the words "Can I be of assistance?" before them. The group and I traded gazes for a few moments., soon after they departed.

While the group may be entirely innocent, it may be prudent to let the public know that the warehouse district is watched and guarded. Which would discourage robbery attempts before the idea spouts.

If I may recommend an approach, the display of some simple signage would suffice and may change the minds of less determined thieves, I remain.

At your service,
Zorion Orti
Well done on your first quest, here's your reward.

Bochi

> > >
Distress Call
  • Required Level: 4
Objectives:
  • Respond to the distress call.
  • Provide assistance in any way required.
A distress flare just went up in the wilderness.We have no idea what it might be, but someone needs to go check it out. Do you think you are ready for this task? Rewards:
"We really...need to find out...where some of these requests are coming from...ugh. Damnable...smart...fiends..."

Leaning heavily against the counter, Vicious wheezed from the effort of saying just those few words alone. Her eyes had stopped tearing up blood and were relatively white now, but there were streaks of dried blood running down her cheeks and smudged at the corners of her eyes.
There were two reasons why Vicious didn't have a habit of procuring a horse when she needed to leave the city. Firstly, it was because getting a horse wasn't cheap. And the horse would then become a dead weight should she run into anything unsavory on the road.

Secondly...she didn't know how to work the reins. Like, really had absolutely no idea on how to work the goddamned reins at all. Horses seemed to freak out whenever she tried going near one.

Which was why Vicious made the executive decision to ride out on her own Private Vehicle Number 11---aka her own pair of legs. She stared at her own map, finger hovering over the general location where the flare should have been launched.

I'd much rather take the little guy out for a spin if I could, even if it means I'll reach there slower...what happened to it, I wonder? Is it still sitting in the garage, tucked under a tarp and...forget it.

Thinking about it too much made her sad, so she stopped and shook her head to clear it. There was still a task that needed to be done, after all.

Should I turn...? No, I'll just settle on this for now. It'll be slower but it can't be helped.

Thinking thus, Vicious steadied herself, then took off sprinting, kicking up a small cloud of dust behind her.

*****​

By the time she had reached the outskirts of the site where the flare should have been launched, it was...

Still quite early in the day. She'd roughly timed herself on the way, and the whole journey took an hour, give or take a few minutes. Even as she slowed to a jog, there was no trace of sweat or visible effort on her face.

Good to know that my body is still as good as before. Now, what happened here?

For a place that sent out a distress call, it was quite silent. As Vicious started down the slope that led into the small encampment, she even double-checked on the map to confirm if she was in the right location; then she spotted the discarded parts of a flare lying on the ground a few paces from where she stood, confirming that yes, this was indeed the site where the flare was launched.

But where's everyone? This place is undamaged, and as far as I can smell there's no spilled blood, so...what exactly happened?

Looking at the shelters made from animal skin gave her a funny feeling. Something about it was off, but not the same kind of wrong that usually meant demon. The oddity in this situation was not the work of a demon...at least that's what her gut was telling her.

But it was still insistent that there was danger, and a lot of it...

"Psst! Lass!"

Hearing the hushed whisper made Vicious turn her head immediately, seeking the source. Then she spotted the old man who was halfway in and out of the entrance of one of the shelters. He beckoned at her.

"Hurry! It's not safe to be outside."

Raising an eyebrow, Vicious took a few more steps towards the old man, who once again beckoned her closer.

"Come in! He could get here any second!"

"He, who?"

Instead of answering, the old man beckoned for a third time. Then---

"Hurry! It's not safe to be outside!"

He's...repeating himself?

Distracted, she didn't realise that something was moving behind her; her senses kicked in way too slowly, and the girl gasped in pain as she rolled away and got to a kneeling position. There was a deep cut running across her side.

"Hehehe..."

Behind her was a hooded man, and from his neck hung the same emblem that made her want to throw up. In his hand was a knife, and the blood dripping from the edge was her own. Vicious risked a look behind, and saw that the old man had disappeared; in fact, the once standing shelters were now in various stages of ruin, and a burnt smell was very clearly in the air.

This...illusion magic?

"You---"

"Now now, there's no need to get angry. You've been quite a thorn in our side for a while now, so you should have expected something like this, no?"

"So, the request was a trap to get me to come here."

"Well, not really. The request was genuine, actually. I just waited until they pulled the flare before...removing them."

"So you're the reason why the flare was pulled."

"Right. But that's not the point here, is it? That weapon on your back...it's quite a fearsome one, did you know that? A pity you didn't bring it with you. Now you have nothing to use against me."

It was true. Since the shotgun was empty, she had left it behind in the city. The girl pressed at the cut, tossing out a question.

"Still, you took a gamble. There was a chance that some other adventurer might have come here instead of me. What then?"

"What indeed? Well, a few more bodies in the garden wouldn't make much of a difference, would it now?"

"You---bodies in the garden?"

"What, you haven't noticed? You came to help the people living here, right? Well, say hello to them."

Something gripped her by the ankle and the girl tugged herself free, stumbling backwards. She watched in horror as skeletons started pulling themselves out of the ground, in various states of decomposition. Ten, twenty, thirty...recently dead people.

"How---tch!"

As the girl turned and ran, the cultist arched his head back and laughed.

*****​

She came to a stop at the edge of the site, holding her side with one hand. The laughter came from behind her.

"Well done, girl. You've surprised me, making it this far. Unfortunately, I'm not a fool. The entire encampment is sealed off with a one-way barrier, and you were trapped in here as soon as you entered. There's nowhere else to run."

"...Heh."

It was the girl's turn to chuckle.

"Why do you laugh at your impending death, girl? Has fear made you take leave of your reason?"

Vicious spared a few moments between bouts of laughter to turn around and give a straight answer.

"True, my shotgun is empty and I've ran out of bullets...but who said I needed a shotgun to be able to fire bullets? And now I've got you in your true form, standing exactly where I want you..."

As the implications settled in, the cultist roared and started running towards her, screaming death threats. The walking corpses also surged towards her.

"You---Grrrrrrr! I'll murder you, and then stitch your innards into a garland! I'll strangle you with your own intestines!"

"That's fascinating, but I believe I'll pass."

And the blood rushed to her eyes, causing her sclera to take on a dark crimson hue. Tears of blood started dripping from the corners of her eyes. Then a pain that could only be compared to having a hot poker pressed against her belly made the girl double over in agony. She didn't bother looking to know that small black crystals were forming on her abdomen area.

"Hnnnnngh! Sorry, Doctor! There's no other alternatives!"

And that a bullet of the same crystalline material was taking shape at the end of her outstretched hand.

As the increased weight informed her that the bullet was ready, Vicious stared at the cultist who was still trying to close the distance, pointed her index finger right at him, and fired.

*BOOM!*

The resulting shot erased the entire upper half of the cultist, starting from the waist, before beating a new furrow through the dirt behind it. For a few moments it wobbled on it's feet, until gravity finally did it's work, causing the corpse to crash down to the floor. The girl stooped, both hands on her knees to support herself as she took several deep breaths, observing the walking corpses as they fell and sank back within the soil.

"I...need to...get back to the city...haaah..."
With this skill, Vicious is able to produce a single round for to shoot with, firing a shot several magnitudes more powerful than regular ones. She doesn't even need a shotgun for it. Unfortunately, the toll it takes on her health as well as the side effects of invoking it means that Vicious only pulls this card when she has nothing else to rely on.

Even for her, who's in quite an excellent physical condition, a single usage of this skill basically puts her out of combat for at least a full day. And since it accelerates her infection, she's basically killing herself whenever she uses this skill.

Last edited:
The Lost Engagement Ring
Sponsor
: Aldo Wilmot
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Retrieve my lost engagement ring from the sewers
Description: Whilst on my way back from the jewellery store, someone bumped into me causing the ring to fall from the opened box and in between a sewer grate! My lover's birthday is in a few days, which is when I planned to propose! Please help me ASAP!
Rewards:
  • EXP: 50
  • Money: 20G

Zorion strides through the guild dripping with water smelling or rust and iron. He slides pristine a piece of paper across the reception desk. At the same time, he puts a small linen bag on the counter, the water could be seen seeping from the lining, and lingering smell of a substance most foul.

Processed and Filed
Dear Guild Staff and Revered Sponsor Aldo Wilmot,

It is unfortunate, but I was unable to locate the aforementioned engagement ring.

After locating the specific grate the ring fell into, I entered the sewers and lit up the the stony passage with a magic spark. I search thoroughly every inch of the area with my light magic and was able to effectively examine the sewage by using my helm as a sieve to filter the fluid and sediment. After many hours I sieved through the filth from both up and down the sewage system from the grate.

The bright light from my magic had likely kept many inhabitants of the sewers away, so my work progressed undisturbed. But there do appear to be some scattering presence in the sewage system. Although I could not find anything that could meet the standard of what one would call an engagement ring I did find a lot of rings.

Accompanied with this missive is a bag containing my discoveries. Therein should be two silver rings one fixed with a ruby one with a topaz, a copper ring embossed with floral patterns, and lastly a gold ring unmarked by fixtures or patterns. What's more, I also found what appears to be the core of a slime and also thirty nine teeth of various creatures, humans included amongst them.

Although, it is unlikely the engagement ring to be amongst these items it is also unlikely any future endeavor to yield favorable results. I would strongly suggest that Mister Wilmot give up any hope of recovering said ring; and perhaps it would be in the sponsor's best interest to sell these items and procure another ring of equal or greater value. I remain.

At your service,
Zorion Orti

Last edited:

FenrIIrz

"We really...need to find out...where some of these requests are coming from...ugh. Damnable...smart...fiends..."

Leaning heavily against the counter, Vicious wheezed from the effort of saying just those few words alone. Her eyes had stopped tearing up blood and were relatively white now, but there were streaks of dried blood running down her cheeks and smudged at the corners of her eyes.
There were two reasons why Vicious didn't have a habit of procuring a horse when she needed to leave the city. Firstly, it was because getting a horse wasn't cheap. And the horse would then become a dead weight should she run into anything unsavory on the road.

Secondly...she didn't know how to work the reins. Like, really had absolutely no idea on how to work the goddamned reins at all. Horses seemed to freak out whenever she tried going near one.

Which was why Vicious made the executive decision to ride out on her own Private Vehicle Number 11---aka her own pair of legs. She stared at her own map, finger hovering over the general location where the flare should have been launched.

I'd much rather take the little guy out for a spin if I could, even if it means I'll reach there slower...what happened to it, I wonder? Is it still sitting in the garage, tucked under a tarp and...forget it.

Thinking about it too much made her sad, so she stopped and shook her head to clear it. There was still a task that needed to be done, after all.

Should I turn...? No, I'll just settle on this for now. It'll be slower but it can't be helped.

Thinking thus, Vicious steadied herself, then took off sprinting, kicking up a small cloud of dust behind her.

*****​

By the time she had reached the outskirts of the site where the flare should have been launched, it was...

Still quite early in the day. She'd roughly timed herself on the way, and the whole journey took an hour, give or take a few minutes. Even as she slowed to a jog, there was no trace of sweat or visible effort on her face.

Good to know that my body is still as good as before. Now, what happened here?

For a place that sent out a distress call, it was quite silent. As Vicious started down the slope that led into the small encampment, she even double-checked on the map to confirm if she was in the right location; then she spotted the discarded parts of a flare lying on the ground a few paces from where she stood, confirming that yes, this was indeed the site where the flare was launched.

But where's everyone? This place is undamaged, and as far as I can smell there's no spilled blood, so...what exactly happened?

Looking at the shelters made from animal skin gave her a funny feeling. Something about it was off, but not the same kind of wrong that usually meant demon. The oddity in this situation was not the work of a demon...at least that's what her gut was telling her.

But it was still insistent that there was danger, and a lot of it...

"Psst! Lass!"

Hearing the hushed whisper made Vicious turn her head immediately, seeking the source. Then she spotted the old man who was halfway in and out of the entrance of one of the shelters. He beckoned at her.

"Hurry! It's not safe to be outside."

Raising an eyebrow, Vicious took a few more steps towards the old man, who once again beckoned her closer.

"Come in! He could get here any second!"

"He, who?"

Instead of answering, the old man beckoned for a third time. Then---

"Hurry! It's not safe to be outside!"

He's...repeating himself?

Distracted, she didn't realise that something was moving behind her; her senses kicked in way too slowly, and the girl gasped in pain as she rolled away and got to a kneeling position. There was a deep cut running across her side.

"Hehehe..."

Behind her was a hooded man, and from his neck hung the same emblem that made her want to throw up. In his hand was a knife, and the blood dripping from the edge was her own. Vicious risked a look behind, and saw that the old man had disappeared; in fact, the once standing shelters were now in various stages of ruin, and a burnt smell was very clearly in the air.

This...illusion magic?

"You---"

"Now now, there's no need to get angry. You've been quite a thorn in our side for a while now, so you should have expected something like this, no?"

"So, the request was a trap to get me to come here."

"Well, not really. The request was genuine, actually. I just waited until they pulled the flare before...removing them."

"So you're the reason why the flare was pulled."

"Right. But that's not the point here, is it? That weapon on your back...it's quite a fearsome one, did you know that? A pity you didn't bring it with you. Now you have nothing to use against me."

It was true. Since the shotgun was empty, she had left it behind in the city. The girl pressed at the cut, tossing out a question.

"Still, you took a gamble. There was a chance that some other adventurer might have come here instead of me. What then?"

"What indeed? Well, a few more bodies in the garden wouldn't make much of a difference, would it now?"

"You---bodies in the garden?"

"What, you haven't noticed? You came to help the people living here, right? Well, say hello to them."

Something gripped her by the ankle and the girl tugged herself free, stumbling backwards. She watched in horror as skeletons started pulling themselves out of the ground, in various states of decomposition. Ten, twenty, thirty...recently dead people.

"How---tch!"

As the girl turned and ran, the cultist arched his head back and laughed.

*****​

She came to a stop at the edge of the site, holding her side with one hand. The laughter came from behind her.

"Well done, girl. You've surprised me, making it this far. Unfortunately, I'm not a fool. The entire encampment is sealed off with a one-way barrier, and you were trapped in here as soon as you entered. There's nowhere else to run."

"...Heh."

It was the girl's turn to chuckle.

"Why do you laugh at your impending death, girl? Has fear made you take leave of your reason?"

Vicious spared a few moments between bouts of laughter to turn around and give a straight answer.

"True, my shotgun is empty and I've ran out of bullets...but who said I needed a shotgun to be able to fire bullets? And now I've got you in your true form, standing exactly where I want you..."

As the implications settled in, the cultist roared and started running towards her, screaming death threats. The walking corpses also surged towards her.

"You---Grrrrrrr! I'll murder you, and then stitch your innards into a garland! I'll strangle you with your own intestines!"

"That's fascinating, but I believe I'll pass."

And the blood rushed to her eyes, causing her sclera to take on a dark crimson hue. Tears of blood started dripping from the corners of her eyes. Then a pain that could only be compared to having a hot poker pressed against her belly made the girl double over in agony. She didn't bother looking to know that small black crystals were forming on her abdomen area.

"Hnnnnngh! Sorry, Doctor! There's no other alternatives!"

And that a bullet of the same crystalline material was taking shape at the end of her outstretched hand.

As the increased weight informed her that the bullet was ready, Vicious stared at the cultist who was still trying to close the distance, pointed her index finger right at him, and fired.

*BOOM!*

The resulting shot erased the entire upper half of the cultist, starting from the waist, before beating a new furrow through the dirt behind it. For a few moments it wobbled on it's feet, until gravity finally did it's work, causing the corpse to crash down to the floor. The girl stooped, both hands on her knees to support herself as she took several deep breaths, observing the walking corpses as they fell and sank back within the soil.

"I...need to...get back to the city...haaah..."
With this skill, Vicious is able to produce a single round for to shoot with, firing a shot several magnitudes more powerful than regular ones. She doesn't even need a shotgun for it. Unfortunately, the toll it takes on her health as well as the side effects of invoking it means that Vicious only pulls this card when she has nothing else to rely on.

Even for her, who's in quite an excellent physical condition, a single usage of this skill basically puts her out of combat for at least a full day. And since it accelerates her infection, she's basically killing herself whenever she uses this skill.
So they want your weapon you got huh? Good job. Now, go patch yourself and get some sleep. *pat heads*

• EXP: 200