Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Report for Quest: Healing Herbs
Sponsor
: Adventurer's guild

Name: Randell Stephenson
Method of completion: Since I did these both at around the same time, I figured I may as well turn them both in at the same time.
I exited the city today to collect healing herbs. I desired them for three reasons; one, because I wanted them for my potions. Two, I wanted them for this quest. Three, because I need to give some herbs to an alchemist when serving as their assistant. As such, I went, I found, I collected. I have a book on herbs and searching for the right locations that they grow in was not difficult. I collected 10 small sacks, and five of them I will be keeping for myself. I also managed to find a couple different herbs that were useful in poisons, so that was another lucky find. I was glad not to have encountered any trouble on this venture.
Quest Items: 5 pouches of healing herbs
As always thanks for your hard work, here's your reward.
  • Money: 20 G
OOC: Please mark your post in some way to indicate that it as been evaluated.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Quest Report (23)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 6 (3415/4200)
Quest:
Evaluation:
  • Located a vast expanse of Forest Blight near the inner region of the forest
  • Burnt the plants in its perimeter to stem its growth
Donned in her usual adventuring attire, Felicia calmly made her way through the familiar northern forests she has called home for so long. The only time she had ever seen a Forest Blight, was ages ago, way back when she was a much weaker adventurer. Of course, she had reported it to the authorities back then, so she naturally assumed that the Blight had been taken care of long ago.

Unfortunately, she was wrong.

As she made her way towards the inner regions of the forest, wanting to just double-check that the Blight from back then was gone, she suddenly came across a vast expanse of corrupted flora. The amount of land covered by the dark plants was terrifying, not to mention the plants that were already tainted but did not show any outward signs yet. Just as a viciously spiked vine whipped towards her from behind, she retaliated swiftly with her blade, immediately detaching it from the tree it came from. She paid no heed to the vine wiggling around on the ground as it perished and instead immediately retreated a significant distance from the area.

Why did this happen? Did the adventurer dispatched to kill the Blight back then not ensure that it was fully taken care of? Although annoyed at whoever's careless mistake this was, she had to deal with this temporarily before it got worse. If they left it for too long, who knows if there'll even be any healthy forest left standing.

Since she couldn't be sure of which part of the forest was tainted and which wasn't, she decided to clear a significant amount of the woodland close to the dark, fully tainted area. Closing her eyes and pressing her palms together, she concentrated heavily to draw out the mana deep within her. It had been a long time since she had used a spell of this magnitude, hence she could only hope that she wasn't too rusty.

Slowly, a wall of fire materialized before her which circled the perimeter of the blighted area, burning all the plants that could already be tainted by darkness. Completely out of breath from the large scale deforestation, she called the leftover flames back into her body to replenish a little of her strength. She prayed that this would be enough to stem the taint's growth for now, since only ashes remained beside the tainted plants, and tiredly made her way back to Scribel.
That sure is concerning, we thank you for your help.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Before he said anything to the man in charge, he was quickly pushed out with a paper in hand and an instruction that was given in a hurry. He wanted to turn back and ask again but he was quickly shouted at to get to the site in question in a hurry. To his surprise, the site was none other than the city wall. It was a familiar site that he was half-pleased to get back to the place. But he was also half-worried what would be the damage he needed to repair.

Much to his pleasure, it was none other than damage by some unknown monster. The wall was hit by a blunt weapon or something, probably a club or hammer. But judging from the damage, it was crudely made weapon. It was still worrying, but he needed to do his job regardless of that. He quickly fetched the material to fix the wall. The only good thing was that the damage was quite minor, something an amateur like him can help to fix with some of the other people tasked to fix it.

As he fixed it, he noticed some small footprints near the area. It was far bigger compared to a child’s feet, but smaller than an adult’s feet. Worried about it, he then called out to the foreman at the end of his job and suggested them to put some simple trap there, like some sharpened stakes that will at least injured or slow them down. The foreman, a bit unsure of his idea, asked him whether he was experienced in making such trap. He nodded and then he received some leftover woods and let him make and put them on the freshly fixed portion of the wall. It took him no longer than a few hours to finished the job and then reported back to the foreman. The foreman nodded at him, happy at his job, and hoped that the addition of the trap will help reduce such incidents. Inside the hunter’s mind, he doubts that. They will probably find another way and the only way to reduce the attack is just to find their nest and maybe cull their number, but he refrained from saying that. The higher-ups probably have thought of that already.
Well done, I don't believe there was much else you could have do to prevent future attacks.
  • Money: 10 G

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Each job will give you a reward. That’s what the Guild promises them. But for some reason, there’s a few jobs that will not give any reward. Such work was charity work. After browsing the job board, he noticed that this particular job is anything but popular, evident from the frayed edge of it. He was about to ignore it, just like most of them, but for some reason, the word ‘Orphanage’ kept him from moving away. In the end, he took it while slightly grumbling.

The moment he arrived at the orphanage, he couldn’t help but noticed that it was greatly understaffed. The staff there looked worn out, which was understandable. The building looked worn out too, which was also understandable. It breaks his heart to see that they, who share his fate as a fellow orphan, did not share his luck in finding a warm house, even if that warm house was just a small shack filled with the smell of animal carcasses and forest herbs.

With firm steps, he then entered the place, approached the nearest worn-out staff, and quickly ask what he could do to help them. It seems that there are a lot of things that needs to be done. He picked two tasks for today, which was chopping firewood and also fixing the windows. They have the material, but not enough hand to do it since they also need to collect some donation or else they will not have anything to eat. Gritting his teeth when hearing that last reason, he vowed to do more for them in the future.

Fixing the windows was easy, as expected. His only complaint was that the board they got was anything but new. Used up and slightly damp board that was probably donated to them by someone in the middle of their donation round. Inside his mind, he guaranteed that the next time he comes back to the orphanage, the board will probably break and he will need to fix it again. That thought made him let out a sigh.

Then the next job would be to prepare some firewood. He then walked to the back yard and found a small chopping block with a pile of dried branches and some logs. The humble hunter picked up the log and inspect it and let out a slight sigh again. “…not dried enough,” he said to himself as he put down the log and then picked another more appropriate log. The work was easy enough for him. But one thing that caught his attention was the sight of a few kids peeking at him from behind the window as he was working. They quickly hid themselves as he looked at them. Seeing them like that, he let out a small chuckle. “..I guess I was like them back then…” After whispering that line to himself, he finished the job and then report to the caretaker. As he exited the fence, he looked back at the orphanage and then somehow he waved to it, not sure whether someone was there or not. “…I’ll need to drop by more often…” And then he left the place to report his job.
*Stamp*...

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Cooking. It was not his favorite job to do. Rather than getting cooped up inside a small kitchen, he rather works outside, letting his arrow hit their prey, providing for said kitchen. But the more he thinks about it, it was dawning on him that being able to cook, and not to mention able to use the Guild’s Kitchen, is a very valuable thing to do to prolong his life, and also to prevent his money bag getting lighter too fast just for his provision.

The moment he entered the kitchen, he was faced with a very angry man. While he was taller than him, the humble hunter felt rather small compared to the angry person. A bit worried that he would get thrown out, he quickly pulled out the job paper from his bag. The angry man, which was one of the cooks there, read the paper and then looked at him with a frown on his face. The first instruction he received from the angry cook was to put down his bag, weapons, and then washed his hand thoroughly. It seems that the main problem was how dirty his hands were, something that really caught him off-guard. Due to his usual job on the field, he never realized how important taking care of hygiene. After all, being too clean on the hunting ground would just make him stand out like a sore thumb.

Finished with his first task, he then received the recipe sheet from the angry cook, which looked at him and gave him a satisfied nod after he cleaned himself out. The ingredients were plenty and he could take all he needs for the task. Assigned to one of the cooking spots, he then started his job. Kneading the wheat flour into a big dough. Sure enough, it was tiring for him. Even for him, that was able to pull the heavy string of his bow, it was still tiring. Once again, the humble hunter was reminded how a cook was not someone that should be underestimated. After kneading them, he shaped each of them, just like the recipe said so, before putting them into the hot oven. While waiting, he continued to make some more and then repeat the process all over again.

At the end of the day, the one that was tasked to appraise his work was none other than the angry cook from before. The cook, faced with a basket of cooked biscuits, let out a deep sigh, which made the hunter worried. He then took two baskets, one of them much smaller than the other. With a swift movement, the cook picked each of the biscuits, appraised them, and then throw them into one of the two baskets. With his keen eyes, Michuema realized that one basket was filled with the evenly cooked piece while the others were filled with either burnt or half-cooked biscuits. And to his horror, the majority of his work ended up in the rejected basket. The last piece of biscuits was picked up by the cook and then he snapped it in half. “See,” he said to the hunter, “this part is cooked, but this, “ he showed him the other half, “is not cooked enough. Not cooked biscuit will only spoil faster, ya hear me?” The hunter could only nod several times. “Good, eat this one,” he said as he put forward the half-cooked one. “it’s not that bad, but ya need to at least taste the failed one once. And what do you know, you almost didn’t make it. Nicely cooked, yet oddly shaped biscuits, 41 of them. Ya need to do better next time, kid,” said the cook at him. “Y-Yes, sir,” replied Michueama at him. The cook nodded and then brought the two baskets to the back of the kitchen, leaving him by himself. As he bit the uncooked biscuit, he let out a sour face. “Blergh…soggy,” he said to himself as he picked up his gears and returned to report his task.
Don't worry nobody does well there first time in the kitchen.
  • Money: 10 G
  • Other: 5 of your poorly cooked rations

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Name: Akasha
Level: 1
Class: Brawler
Quest name: Night watch

I try doing the night watch quest just for the experience of doing so.

Not that I'm boosting myself or anything... But I'm kind of pro in regards of being awake at night time. I mean back on earth I'm pretty much a nocturnal myself~

Sun is setting the city guard started to change shift. Guards on night duty go to their respective station& positioned for look out duty.

A was stationed near the Guard office the easiest location since... I'm a newbie.

"Hmmm this isn't looking good, not only its a moonless sky tonight.. seems like it will rain soon this is going to be hard.... GUARDS! FOCUS! AND BE ON ALERT THIS WILL BE A "TOTAL BLACK NIGHT!!!"

The Guard Captain loudly shouted, as he deducted the difficult of todays night watch will be dangerous.

I asked the nearby soldier what is the meaning of the term the captain just said. Seems like the "Total Black Night" is a terms they use when all odd happen at the same time in the night watch duty, where not only there is no moonlight present, a heavy rain also add up which makes thing even worse. As they cannot use torches to patrol outside due to rain & strong wind. The soldier also said to me "Total black Night" is regarded a bad omen & it rarely happens.

I see, no wonder the atmosphere here became heavy & more tense. I can feel the nervousness from each of the guard near me...

8:30 of the night...it started to rain.

Since there is a magic clock crafted by a "Astrologian" a rare variant type Class of the Great Wizard class. We can keep track of the flow of time accurately.

A guard is running toward the Guard Captain.
*Whisper**whisper*

"......fcking shit! out of all time!! Fck!!"

after the messenger guard whisper something to the Captain ears, he became even more agitated.

"....everyone listen! according to the report just now, a Adventurer on the night duty who have a sense type skill felt something is lurking nearby outside the walls.... & If your head is not full of goddamn flowers! You should know that no normal human can go outside & fcking hide in those tall grass field full of slimes, outside within this intense fcking heavy Rainfall!!!"

*Gulp*... Everyone swallowed.

" EVERYONE BE PREPARE A MONSTER IS NEARBY!!!.....tsk.. this timing I really wish its just a fcking coincidence... Or else we might get ourself a unique variant.. goddamn it"

Apparently.. Unique Variant is a strong monster who also possess a human intellect level of comprehension, Its very dangerous.

11:50 oclock

the heavy rain outside became even more intense as strong wind started to blow the Outpost & the guard station. To the point its impossible to step outside & torch patrol is near impossible at this point.

1:00 o'clock

The alert warning signal from a different location echo. But due to the rain its not that audible

Then a roaring sound came somewhere everyone is startled. I few minute past & guard came running to us.

"Goblins!! Goblins!! I group of Goblin lead by a 2 Orcs is spotted!!!"

The wounded guard said so, before he collapse due to exhaustion.
I immediately went towards the unconscious guard & use "Buddha's path "hand of cleansing" to detoxify if just in case there's is any poison in him since Goblin arrows is known for its nasty poison. They sprinkle potion on the guard to heal it wound.

" Thankfully it's not a Unique Variant one, But even so a group of goblin lead by a orc is not a good news either... Rather than waiting to get attacked, we will attack those monster first!"

I want to question the sanity of the Captain , but I just simply rise my hand & ask a question.

"Why? Its heavy raining outside the visibility is bad, torch is also no good isn't it much better to wait in here and ambush them if ever they go here?" I said so while faking my calmness

The guard captain looks at me grabs my collar lifting me up & he said.

"Are you a fcking idiot? Stay here? While those fcking freaks use the night & heavy rain as a cover to bypass us & enter the city to fcking kidnapped little girls or woman to make them their seedbed?....Are, You, Fcking, Kidding ME!!!!???" He said so as he throws me away crashing on wooden box of supplies.

"Group up form a attack squad, prapare to murder those asshole mobs!" All the people in the room gather since there are only few guard anyway.

I realized the fault in my thinking & felt a huge amount of shame on myself... Perhaps being in a other world does not seek on me yet.. I'm only been in here less than a week after all...i felt hate on myself on just how slothful I can be.

As they form a assault squad, I stand up & join the group.

"What the fck are you doing" the Captain glare at me.

" The scent of a woman is a useful bait" I said so with a burning determination as I gaze at the Captain.

The captain went wide eye & smile And said "very well your in. Just make sure you won't get yourself became their seedbed that would be fck up"

We sent out in the heavy rain.

2:43 o'clock

my "Mind eye" skill proven to be very useful in this situation as despite the bad visibility it can perceive motions around us without actually me seeing it with my own eyes.

"Monster found in the left!" I shout soon after that crudely made arrows came flying at us. But because of my warning & the wind direction it was easily dealt with. The Guard manage to slaughter all of the Goblin & 1 orcs

"There supposed to be 2 orcs in their group.. where the fck it is" the captain question

then a huge Ice blast appear out of nowhere hitting us!

"Fck a Goblin shaman! Everyone be ready!!"

" Help me!! Pls save me" a voice of a little girl. Then I saw one of the remaining Orc is carrying a crying little girl.

"They have a hostage!" One of the soldier said so.

the Orc is about to run away while the Goblin shaman is about to release another spell.

everything as if became slow motion as panic broke out on the battle, My mind felt clear & ferocious feeling of exhilaration arouse within me..... I know what I have to do.

the Goblin Shaman release another Ice blast I quickly intercept it standing infront of the spell.

"Fcking idiot dodge it!! Leave me!" the Soldier behind me said so as she resign to her death...but I did not do it for her.

I held out My left hand in front of the magic attack and Absorb it in my hand specifically in my left hand gauntlet. Taking the pure energy of the spell making it vanish in tin air.

now that my Gauntlet is fully loaded I release the very same spell the Goblin Shaman use on the running Orc targeting its feet but much stronger as it freeze the feet of the Orc for a moment.

the Captain did not let this opportunity slip.

" attack that Orc! Before it recover get the kid fast!!" All soldier move as one, they all reach the Orc stabbing it from all direction.

The Goblin shaman is about to use another spell as a cover & run away.

"I already expect it...Fool -"

I move infront of the Goblin Shaman after I shoot down the Orc.

directly grabbing the crystal ball of its wand with my left hand.

quickly absording the Mana in it with my Gauntlet.

I kicked its Neither region with all my might! Making the Goblin Shaman foam bubble in its mouth.

then I use "Asura's path: Demonic claws" with all the remaining energy in my Gauntlet & slash the Goblins throat with all my might splashing a large amount of blood in me.

"Not enough...again" I said.

Its still alive of course I'm just a level one after all. but since its incapacitated... I once again slash its Throat over & over again Until I decapitated it.

6:00 am

Finally done~ I'll just make I report & quickly want to get some rest...and a bath pls.

Signed: Akasha
"Well, this was a lot more troublesome than most reports of Night Duty... Thank you for your efforts in keeping everyone safe, miss Akasha, they are much appreciated.

"I wouldn't recommend putting yourself in the line of danger like you did, but the outcome was favorable, so it's not like I can reprimand you for that either... Just remember to take care of yourself and to not act too carelessly. I'm sure the gods are very pleased with your actions of this day, but you ought to make sure to not waste away the life they have granted you. Please keep that in mind.

"May the gods grant you the strength to protect those that we cherish."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 25
Money: 10G

OOC: Please tag your report as appraised in some way.
Also, if you could put your character's details in your signature, it would be much appreciated, as it's a bit of a pain to search the registration thread to remember who you are each time you post something.

Feathers95

Diplomatic Mission to the Lizardmen
Sponsor
: Scribel City Guild
Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Read this quest report.
  • Make contact with the Lizardmen (?) and offer gifts (will be provided by the Guild).
  • Determine if the Lizardmen are hostile and/or intelligent.
  • Update: Sightings of hostile lizard people in the southeast (source)
Rewards:
  • EXP: 280
  • Money: 50G
Quest Report (24)
Name
Level: 6 (3840/4200) (Rank E)
Quest: Diplomatic Mission to the Lizardmen
Evaluation:
  • Was saved by the lizardmen after being swallowed up by a camouflaged carnivorous plant
  • Gifted the lizardmen a crate of premium-quality salmun and some healing herbs
  • Stayed with the Taeruga Tribe for a day to recover
As Felicia prepared to leave for her diplomatic mission, Sable suddenly appeared beside her, seemingly determined to accompany her this time. The little giant chick had grown quite a bit since she was born, having more prominent junior feathers that covered her body. Like always, Felicia was prepared to quickly shove her back inside, shutting the door and fleeing, but she hesitated a little this time. Afterall, she couldn't keep Sable cooped up in the tavern walls forever, even if she was worried for her safety. Perhaps... sometime soon she'd let her accompany her. But not this time, who knows what the lizardmen would do if she delivered fresh bird straight to their doorstep? With a sigh, she patted her little companion on the head before leaving.
As she made her way south, following the river downstream like she did when she was far less experienced than she is now, she carried gifts for the lizardmen provided by the guild. Since they were sighted hunting fish, the guild organized a crate of premium quality Salmun to be delivered, with some healing herbs, which she carried in her hands as she walked. After travelling for a day, she rested at the outpost on the outskirts of the swamp region(which she worked at for a month many quests ago), before setting off again early the next day.

Similar to how she remembered it, the place below the steep waterfall was filled with yellowed trees and tall carnivorous plants. Giant reeds and cattails also dotted the marshland, with the strangely-shaped slimes, dragon-like alligators and giant dragonflies with pincers that she remembered from before slinking in to and out of hiding. Since she had descended from the waterfall by cautiously climbing/hopping down some rocky terrain on the side, she could now see some of the other wildlife that was reported by others in this region. Small crabs, crayfish and lizards cautiously darted around on the ground, whilst giant snakes combed the area looking for prey. Additionally, there were some small-ish birds sitting on some of the lower branches of the yellowed trees watching the swampy waters for prey, but even from afar, Felicia could see that their talons were sharp enough to stab into the branches they were sitting in with ease.

Although she remembered this place being dangerous, she didn't think it was this bad. Unfortunately, to even reach the lizardmen past the lake she'd have to cross a small portion of this marshland to get to the eastern side of it. Things would be much easier if the bridge had been built, as she could just go round all of this, but unfortunately, it was still under construction. Still, she didn't think it'd be that bad crossing this narrow strip of wetlands, afterall, she could even see the other side from here. She should've ideally gotten herself some proper boots before coming here, but she wasn't too positive about stepping in the water either. Hence she just froze the water under her feet as she cautiously crept forward.

Due to her experience in hiding and ambushing, she was able to keep her footsteps quiet as she made her way across. Her eyes darted from left to right constantly, incredibly cautious of any movement within her vicinity. Fortunately, she seemed to be in the clear as she safely made it to the eastern side of the marshland. However, just as she stepped on dry land again, the ground opened up beneath her and swallowed her whole. Suddenly, she was bathed in digestive juices within some weird fleshy plant mouth. Realizing that she had been fooled by a carnivorous plant's disguise, she quickly summoned a fire spell to blast her way out of this mess.

But strangely, she couldn't. It was as if she couldn't access the mana within her at all. Panicking, she quickly attempted to draw her sword but it was too late. The digestive juice around her not only slowly eroded her body, but also sedated her and made her mind numb. As she struggled to stay awake, suddenly the plant was split open and she blacked out from the collision with the ground.

When she awoke, she found herself inside a small wooden hut, seemingly made with the wood from the yellowed trees around the swamp region. Her body was carefully cleaned and redressed in a simple over-sized brown robe, as her old garments and equipment lay on a table next to her. Just as she was lost in thought, she suddenly realized that a small scaly human with a crocodile jaw was peeking at her from the doorway. "Ma'Urqia the human's awake!" He called out as he noticed her looking at him, before walking over to her excitedly.

"Hey hey, where do you come from? How'd you get here? You almossst got eaten by that plant y'know? You're lucky my Da sssaved you, and that the Marashaw Tribe didn't get to you first! Otherwise, you'd already be eaten by now~!"

He spoke quickly with a strange accent, but his enthusiasm made Felicia unconsciously smile. She calmly answered his questions before another, bigger lizardwoman pushed him out of the way. "Draz ssstop bothering our guessst." She spoke calmly with a deep tone, causing the little boy to dejectedly leave the room. "You're lucky you're alive you know?" She began with what seemed to be a teasing smile on her face. "I know, I was careless."

"Mm, it'sss good that you underssstand that. Welcome to the Taeruga Tribe little one. Why where you wandering near these ssswampsss?"

She hissed whilst checking on her pulse, seemingly the one that had treated her. After explaining her purpose, and the meaning of the crate of Salmun the lizardmen had kindly retrieved alongside her body, the lizardwoman fell into thought for a moment before responding. "Mm, I sssee. I will relay your city's kind intentions to my brother, as he is our tribe'ss chieftain. Unfortunately, he has been out on a hunting trip for a few dayss so I know not when he will return. But pleasse resst here as long ass you need, jusst don't wander near the easst as the Marasshaw Tribe is located over there. They, unfortunately, hunt humanss and other racess like yoursself."

Her tone was calm and steady, hence it was hard to tell what kind of relations they had with the other tribe, and whether the race hunting was just a minor disagreement or a great conflict between them. Nonetheless, Felicia was immensely grateful for being saved, which she tried her best to repay during her time at the tribe's village. She often helped hunt alongside the other lizardmen, or helped with some of the new huts being built upon stilts. They told her that floods have recently begun happening every month or so, hence all new buildings had to be raised above the ground to avoid the worst of it. As much as she wanted to investigate further, especially about the Marashaw Tribe, after a day of rest and recovery, she chose to leave. She had much to report back to Scribel afterall. Hopefully, the tribe would send back a positive response!

Kindly, some of the lizardfolk escorted her to the outskirts of the swamp, teaching her some of the things to look out for if she returned, like the telltale signs of some of the various carnivorous plants that littered the land, or how to avoid the sight of the giant mantises. They were lovely folk, Felicia could only hope that the guild would have positive relations with them in the future.

Last edited:

FenrIIrz

> > >
Forest Ranger
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Hunting Mission
  • Serve as a guide for civilians in the forest.
  • Protect civilians from harm.
Many of Scribel's citizens are afraid to enter the forest alone.It is easy to lose your way if you are unfamiliar with the trails.As an experienced woodsman, help guide citizens through the woods.Protect our people from coming to harm. Rewards:
  • Other: n/a
> > >
Sil walks to the receptionist table wearing wet clothes. *sneezes*

"I got separated from civilians because of some circumstance but I just check that they come home safely."

It was normal for an adventurer to get up and start doing quests from the guild. Sil Fulgur escorts lumberjacks into the Northern forest to get firewood and logs. That day was a peaceful day for him as there was no monster that appeared to attack the group. But everything changed when the fire nation attacked the group travelling back to the town.

A big figure with glimmering red eyes emerged from the wood. It appeared to have a large body with dark brown fur, silver mane and large sharp tusks. It toppled the tree down with ease and roared as the prey appeared in its sight.

*sighs* “I didn’t sign up for this crap.” And why the hell is this ‘rumoured boar that goes through 'demonification’ doing here out of everything that could appear.

“I will lure this thing away. We don’t want this thing wrecking our town. Even if anything attacks you on the way back, the guards will still see it from the gate. So get moving!” Sil shouted and walked to the boar

“Shall we dance?” Sil asked smirking and grasping the sword on his back. he always wanted to know how much he can fight after he came to this world and it wouldn’t get any better than testing against this beast.

They were playing for minutes as Sil could not cut through the fur and dodged the charges from the demonic boar.

“Electrified: Blade” Sil channelled mana into his sword and swung the sword with empowered lightning. The blade went through the thick fur and drew the first blood.

The demonic roared loudly making Sil go down on his knee. The stone plates appeared and covered the boar’s body like armour. And the fight continued.

At some point, the demonized boar rammed against Sil’s sword, he tried to push it with his energised sword but the force is stronger than he expected. It sent him flying away for several meters.

“Alright. Lesson number one learnt, don’t block blows from stronger enemies.” *coughs up blood*

With his instinct, Sil rolled to the side before some spike shot out from the ground. He regained his balance and about to rush at the beast but his left foot sank into the ground.

“Earth spikes and Quicksand!? ‘Lightning Surge’!”

Sil thrust the sword in the air and launched the electricity wave in the direction of the boar. As the lightning wave flew, the ground rose up in front of his target and absorbed the energy, protecting the beast from harm.

A wall extends from the ground… Terrain manipulation! I see. Quite interesting indeed.

Sil disengaged and ran towards the river in the Northeast. He enhanced his lower body with his ‘Electrified’ and quickly dashed through the forest.

*sighs* I have only learned two magics so far. And ‘Lightning Surge’ definitely cannot kill this bastard, but maybe I could make an escape with it. I got 5 mana potions that I just bought (40 G). I will be in a ‘mana exhaustion’ state after I drain all my mana and my spell will also damage my body. Still, I had no choice huh?.

Sil ran until the river was in my sight, he crossed the river until both legs submerged in water. He turned around and saw the demonized boar also in the water. Sil chucked all mana potions down his throat.

“Hey, Piggy, I think we can say that it's been a very eventful evening. And I'd love to stick around, but I'm afraid the ballroom is closing. We will meet each other again soon.” Sil placed his hand in the water and cast the spell.

“Lightning Surge” I hope this is will be the last time I’ll do this

The lightning started running from his arm and spread across the water keeping both him and the boar in place. He squeezed out all remaining mana into the spell until he didn't have any of them left. Sil dropped his body into the water and his consciousness faded.

Sil woke up on the familiar riverbank near the town in the evening. He pulled himself out of the water and rested for a while before he headed back to Scribel.

*groans* “Oh god. My arm and legs are still stinging and I got a few broken ribs as well. I would appreciate this world so much if she didn’t get rid of my regeneration and armoured skin. I need to get to town. Nevertheless, I rolled a six… I wonder if that boar is edible.”

• Electrified: Enhance body or object with lightning element to boost physical parameters (cutting or piercing power with weapons) or give thunder enhancement to the attacks
  • Thunder Surge: Discharge electric shock, with Sil's magic affinity he can cast the magic without the help of a staff

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Sil walks to the receptionist table wearing wet clothes. *sneezes*

"I got separated from civilians because of some circumstance but I just check that they come home safely."

It was normal for an adventurer to get up and start doing quests from the guild. Sil Fulgur escorts lumberjacks into the Northern forest to get firewood and logs. That day was a peaceful day for him as there was no monster that appeared to attack the group. But everything changed when the fire nation attacked the group travelling back to the town.

A big figure with glimmering red eyes emerged from the wood. It appeared to have a large body with dark brown fur, silver mane and large sharp tusks. It toppled the tree down with ease and roared as the prey appeared in its sight.

*sighs* “I didn’t sign up for this crap.” And why the hell is this ‘rumoured boar that goes through 'demonification’ doing here out of everything that could appear.

“I will lure this thing away. We don’t want this thing wrecking our town. Even if anything attacks you on the way back, the guards will still see it from the gate. So get moving!” Sil shouted and walked to the boar

“Shall we dance?” Sil asked smirking and grasping the sword on his back. he always wanted to know how much he can fight after he came to this world and it wouldn’t get any better than testing against this beast.

They were playing for minutes as Sil could not cut through the fur and dodged the charges from the demonic boar.

“Electrified: Blade” Sil channelled mana into his sword and swung the sword with empowered lightning. The blade went through the thick fur and drew the first blood.

The demonic roared loudly making Sil go down on his knee. The stone plates appeared and covered the boar’s body like armour. And the fight continued.

At some point, the demonized boar rammed against Sil’s sword, he tried to push it with his energised sword but the force is stronger than he expected. It sent him flying away for several meters.

“Alright. Lesson number one learnt, don’t block blows from stronger enemies.” *coughs up blood*

With his instinct, Sil rolled to the side before some spike shot out from the ground. He regained his balance and about to rush at the beast but his left foot sank into the ground.

“Earth spikes and Quicksand!? ‘Lightning Surge’!”

Sil thrust the sword in the air and launched the electricity wave in the direction of the boar. As the lightning wave flew, the ground rose up in front of his target and absorbed the energy, protecting the beast from harm.

A wall extends from the ground… Terrain manipulation! I see. Quite interesting indeed.

Sil disengaged and ran towards the river in the Northeast. He enhanced his lower body with his ‘Electrified’ and quickly dashed through the forest.

*sighs* I have only learned two magics so far. And ‘Lightning Surge’ definitely cannot kill this bastard, but maybe I could make an escape with it. I got 5 mana potions that I just bought (40 G). I will be in a ‘mana exhaustion’ state after I drain all my mana and my spell will also damage my body. Still, I had no choice huh?.

Sil ran until the river was in my sight, he crossed the river until both legs submerged in water. He turned around and saw the demonized boar also in the water. Sil chucked all mana potions down his throat.

“Hey, Piggy, I think we can say that it's been a very eventful evening. And I'd love to stick around, but I'm afraid the ballroom is closing. We will meet each other again soon.” Sil placed his hand in the water and cast the spell.

“Lightning Surge” I hope this is will be the last time I’ll do this

The lightning started running from his arm and spread across the water keeping both him and the boar in place. He squeezed out all remaining mana into the spell until he didn't have any of them left. Sil dropped his body into the water and his consciousness faded.

Sil woke up on the familiar riverbank near the town in the evening. He pulled himself out of the water and rested for a while before he headed back to Scribel.

*groans* “Oh god. My arm and legs are still stinging and I got a few broken ribs as well. I would appreciate this world so much if she didn’t get rid of my regeneration and armoured skin. I need to get to town. Nevertheless, I rolled a six… I wonder if that boar is edible.”

• Electrified: Enhance body or object with lightning element to boost physical parameters (cutting or piercing power with weapons) or give thunder enhancement to the attacks
  • Thunder Surge: Discharge electric shock, with Sil's magic affinity he can cast the magic without the help of a staff
I'm glad you made it back safe, here's your reward.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Quest Report (24)
Name
Level: 6 (3840/4200) (Rank E)
Quest: Diplomatic Mission to the Lizardmen
Evaluation:
  • Was saved by the lizardmen after being swallowed up by a camouflaged carnivorous plant
  • Gifted the lizardmen a crate of premium-quality salmun and some healing herbs
  • Stayed with the Taeruga Tribe for a day to recover
As Felicia prepared to leave for her diplomatic mission, Sable suddenly appeared beside her, seemingly determined to accompany her this time. The little giant chick had grown quite a bit since she was born, having more prominent junior feathers that covered her body. Like always, Felicia was prepared to quickly shove her back inside, shutting the door and fleeing, but she hesitated a little this time. Afterall, she couldn't keep Sable cooped up in the tavern walls forever, even if she was worried for her safety. Perhaps... sometime soon she'd let her accompany her. But not this time, who knows what the lizardmen would do if she delivered fresh bird straight to their doorstep? With a sigh, she patted her little companion on the head before leaving.
As she made her way south, following the river downstream like she did when she was far less experienced than she is now, she carried gifts for the lizardmen provided by the guild. Since they were sighted hunting fish, the guild organized a crate of premium quality Salmun to be delivered, with some healing herbs, which she carried in her hands as she walked. After travelling for a day, she rested at the outpost on the outskirts of the swamp region(which she worked at for a month many quests ago), before setting off again early the next day.

Similar to how she remembered it, the place below the steep waterfall was filled with yellowed trees and tall carnivorous plants. Giant reeds and cattails also dotted the marshland, with the strangely-shaped slimes, dragon-like alligators and giant dragonflies with pincers that she remembered from before slinking in to and out of hiding. Since she had descended from the waterfall by cautiously climbing/hopping down some rocky terrain on the side, she could now see some of the other wildlife that was reported by others in this region. Small crabs, crayfish and lizards cautiously darted around on the ground, whilst giant snakes combed the area looking for prey. Additionally, there were some small-ish birds sitting on some of the lower branches of the yellowed trees watching the swampy waters for prey, but even from afar, Felicia could see that their talons were sharp enough to stab into the branches they were sitting in with ease.

Although she remembered this place being dangerous, she didn't think it was this bad. Unfortunately, to even reach the lizardmen past the lake she'd have to cross a small portion of this marshland to get to the eastern side of it. Things would be much easier if the bridge had been built, as she could just go round all of this, but unfortunately, it was still under construction. Still, she didn't think it'd be that bad crossing this narrow strip of wetlands, afterall, she could even see the other side from here. She should've ideally gotten herself some proper boots before coming here, but she wasn't too positive about stepping in the water either. Hence she just froze the water under her feet as she cautiously crept forward.

Due to her experience in hiding and ambushing, she was able to keep her footsteps quiet as she made her way across. Her eyes darted from left to right constantly, incredibly cautious of any movement within her vicinity. Fortunately, she seemed to be in the clear as she safely made it to the eastern side of the marshland. However, just as she stepped on dry land again, the ground opened up beneath her and swallowed her whole. Suddenly, she was bathed in digestive juices within some weird fleshy plant mouth. Realizing that she had been fooled by a carnivorous plant's disguise, she quickly summoned a fire spell to blast her way out of this mess.

But strangely, she couldn't. It was as if she couldn't access the mana within her at all. Panicking, she quickly attempted to draw her sword but it was too late. The digestive juice around her not only slowly eroded her body, but also sedated her and made her mind numb. As she struggled to stay awake, suddenly the plant was split open and she blacked out from the collision with the ground.

When she awoke, she found herself inside a small wooden hut, seemingly made with the wood from the yellowed trees around the swamp region. Her body was carefully cleaned and redressed in a simple over-sized brown robe, as her old garments and equipment lay on a table next to her. Just as she was lost in thought, she suddenly realized that a small scaly human with a crocodile jaw was peeking at her from the doorway. "Ma'Urqia the human's awake!" He called out as he noticed her looking at him, before walking over to her excitedly.

"Hey hey, where do you come from? How'd you get here? You almossst got eaten by that plant y'know? You're lucky my Da sssaved you, and that the Marashaw Tribe didn't get to you first! Otherwise, you'd already be eaten by now~!"

He spoke quickly with a strange accent, but his enthusiasm made Felicia unconsciously smile. She calmly answered his questions before another, bigger lizardwoman pushed him out of the way. "Draz ssstop bothering our guessst." She spoke calmly with a deep tone, causing the little boy to dejectedly leave the room. "You're lucky you're alive you know?" She began with what seemed to be a teasing smile on her face. "I know, I was careless."

"Mm, it'sss good that you underssstand that. Welcome to the Taeruga Tribe little one. Why where you wandering near these ssswampsss?"

She hissed whilst checking on her pulse, seemingly the one that had treated her. After explaining her purpose, and the meaning of the crate of Salmun the lizardmen had kindly retrieved alongside her body, the lizardwoman fell into thought for a moment before responding. "Mm, I sssee. I will relay your city's kind intentions to my brother, as he is our tribe'ss chieftain. Unfortunately, he has been out on a hunting trip for a few dayss so I know not when he will return. But pleasse resst here as long ass you need, jusst don't wander near the easst as the Marasshaw Tribe is located over there. They, unfortunately, hunt humanss and other racess like yoursself."

Her tone was calm and steady, hence it was hard to tell what kind of relations they had with the other tribe, and whether the race hunting was just a minor disagreement or a great conflict between them. Nonetheless, Felicia was immensely grateful for being saved, which she tried her best to repay during her time at the tribe's village. She often helped hunt alongside the other lizardmen, or helped with some of the new huts being built upon stilts. They told her that floods have recently begun happening every month or so, hence all new buildings had to be raised above the ground to avoid the worst of it. As much as she wanted to investigate further, especially about the Marashaw Tribe, after a day of rest and recovery, she chose to leave. She had much to report back to Scribel afterall. Hopefully, the tribe would send back a positive response!

Kindly, some of the lizardfolk escorted her to the outskirts of the swamp, teaching her some of the things to look out for if she returned, like the telltale signs of some of the various carnivorous plants that littered the land, or how to avoid the sight of the giant mantises. They were lovely folk, Felicia could only hope that the guild would have positive relations with them in the future.
You've done a good job on introducing us to the lizardmen. I'm sure the higher ups will be happy to hear this.
  • EXP: 280
  • Money: 50G

Last edited:

Bochi

> > >
Bandit Subjugation
  • Required Level: 5
Objectives:
  • Encounter a bandit, thief, or highwayman.
  • Stop them and apprehend them.
  • Note: The reward is reduced for killing them.
  • Warning: Do not overestimate yourself.
    • Fighting when greatly outnumbered is risky.
    • Report large groups of bandits to the guild.
Greedy criminals plague the roads of this region. Fortunately, most bandits in this area are unskilled and looking for coin.While they may be untrained, many are vicious and quick to play dirty. Don't get caught off guard if they pull out a poisoned dagger! Rewards:
> > >
"Huh. Did they increase the level requirement for taking this quest? Hmm..."

On the outskirts of the city, Vicious was going through the request once more and noticed the difference. The wording had also changed slightly, and the girl took a while to get the gist of things.

"So these bandits roam in packs most of the time? Pathetic. Still, the paper has a point. In that case, my tactics will have to be modified slightly. Hmm...I think I brought along something that just might help out nicely. Let me see.

Out of her jacket pocket came a metallic cylinder, with what seemed like a red extension with a tiny hole near the top. Vicious shook the cylinder, listening to some kind of liquid slush around inside of it, and nodded in satisfaction.

Fantastic. Now I'll need some bandits.

Where she was hoping to find any at a time like three in the morning was beyond anyone.

*****​

I met that weirdo somewhere around this place last time. He wasn't carrying much, so his base should be nearby. Hmm...

Bringing up the image of that first bandit in her head, Vicious gave it a quick once-over before settling on the sword by his hip. There was no sheath, so she could see the entire blade save the part that was held by a leather cuff.

Huh, I see. If that's the case, I might know a rough location. Let's go.

*****​

She soon found the entrance of the bandits' hideout from last time, and the girl unslung her new weapon from her back, before walking in...

Yeah, right. Entering an unexplored area knowing there would be enemies inside, but not knowing the numbers? A rope would be the faster way to commit suicide. Vicious stared at the way the entrance was arranged, and had to admit that she was impressed. It would be difficult to mount a direct attack on the place.

So around twenty minutes later, an odd and loud rustling in the bushes brought the lookout just a few steps out of the cave, and---

*Wham*

The blunt end of a portion of tree trunk slammed into his face, sending the bandit right into another tree. As she watched from her hidden vantage point, Vicious stuck out a V gesture. The best part was that she didn't even have to make the trap; she just found an existing one, disarmed it, then adjusted it to fit her own purposes.

"Hey! What's with the---"

*Wham*

The lookout wasn't just one person. Decent work. But then again, neither did Vicious only repurpose one trap. One log later, both bandits were down and practically cocooned in with ropes and vines. Vicious cupped her chin and gave it some serious thought. There were two healthy bandits before her, both alive...actually, maybe just one. The first had taken a log right to the head, and he was bleeding now. At this rate, he might just bleed out before she had a chance to hand the request in. The second, however, was just suffering from a fractured hand. He'd be fine.

"Alrighty, then. Let's make this interesting."

Her idea of interesting could use some work. The girl fashioned two gags out of unused cloth, then plugged both mouths with it. Following that, she made a noose, looped it over the first one's...waist, and pulled him until he was dangling from a branch. She wasn't that sadistic.

"Hang around here until your buddies cut you down, big boy. Assuming you don't die of cold or blood loss first. I've heard lotsa creatures in the night like an unsuspecting prey...Bai bai~"

Waving goodbye with a smile, Vicious grabbed the other bandit and started the haul back to the city.

She was still in her pyjamas.

Last edited:

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
> > >
Alchemist's Assistant
  • Sponsor: Alchemist's Guild
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Visit an alchemist from the Alchemist's Guild.
  • Bring 5 slime cores and 5 healing herbs as payment.
  • Spend the day collecting ingredients for the alchemist.
    • Note: Use a random item generator (A) (B) (C).
    • Pick some ingredients and look for them.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Are you interested in alchemy? Pharmacy? Witchcraft? Ahem.Thank you for the slime cores and healing herbs.We can use that to brew a weak healing potion.Meanwhile, here's a list of more ingredients I want you to find.Let's see... eye of newt... nightshade... bat guano... hmm...Come back when you've found them! :blob_evil: Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • Other: 1 weak healing potion
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Permission to use Alchemist Guild cauldrons and equipment
> > >
Report for Quest: Alchemist's Assistant
Sponsor
: Alchemist's Guild

Method of completion: Today, I returned to Dyeheart's Potion Brewery. On this day, he asked me to directly help him with making potions. He had a list of potions he wanted me to help him make and I gladly obliged.
The first potion was a simple anti-infection potion. Normally, alcohol is the layman's ant-infection beverage, but it is also a blood thinner and fairly painful for the subject. The potion was not a blood thinner, and it would cause no pain for the subject as well. The potion was not challenging to make, but I did learn about how important it was to vary the temperature according to what stage the potion was at in its completion.
The second potion was a hair growth tonic. While there are a plethora of snake oil salesmen who will sell all sorts of tonics that are designed to do any number of things, an actual hair growth tonic was more challenging. Each one had to be made for the specific person, which involved using the subject's nail clipping as a baseline for how the hair should grow and look. I was told that if someone were to use a hair growth tonic that was not personalized there could be some odd side effects, including but not limited to: Extreme hair growth, hair growth in the mouth, hair growth across all skin, hair color change, and hair loss. Brewing the potion was difficult, as you needed to be extremely technical with the dosage and filter some parts out of it.
The last potion was not a potion at all. Dyeheart and I made a couple explosives. They were simple bombs not made to cause a large explosion but a bright flash of light. The creation of the flash bomb was simple compared to the others and it was easy for me to memorize the recipe. I may use it in the future.
All in all, it was an enjoyable time.
Appraised and Approved by: Nene

Last edited:

FenrIIrz

> > >
Tracking the Thieves
  • Required Level: 4
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Forest Ranger
  • Follow the trail of the thieves.
  • Locate and scout the thieves' hideout.
  • Do not get spotted.
A group of thieves have been terrorizing the countryside again.We need somebody to locate their hideout.How good are your tracking skills?Please be covert, or else the thieves will move their camp. Rewards:
> > >
I started by tracking the footprints near the village that have been pillaged, I went into the northeast forest and walk around until I found a track of trampled grasses. I followed the path for few minutes then I discovered a group of bandit moving through the forest. I chose not to get closer as I spotted a few canine species with them. The distance between me and them is sufficient even I cannot eavesdrop them. They went inside thick brushes, I wait for a seconds before I go in. On another side, it was a small water spring in front of a cave. There are two bandits guarding the cave entrance. I would alarm them if I took out those two and someone comes out to find them so I decided to retreat.

Note: Bandit cave: In the south of 'Prisoner's Knoll' within northeast forest

AliceShiki

I was feeling sleepy already and perhaps I should take some time to rest, but... I figured I could go over some more quests before calling it a day.

Now let's see what miss Vicious brought this time...
"Huh. Did they increase the level requirement for taking this quest? Hmm..."

On the outskirts of the city, Vicious was going through the request once more and noticed the difference. The wording had also changed slightly, and the girl took a while to get the gist of things.

"So these bandits roam in packs most of the time? Pathetic. Still, the paper has a point. In that case, my tactics will have to be modified slightly. Hmm...I think I brought along something that just might help out nicely. Let me see.

Out of her jacket pocket came a metallic cylinder, with what seemed like a red extension with a tiny hole near the top. Vicious shook the cylinder, listening to some kind of liquid slush around inside of it, and nodded in satisfaction.

Fantastic. Now I'll need some bandits.

Where she was hoping to find any at a time like three in the morning was beyond anyone.

*****​

I met that weirdo somewhere around this place last time. He wasn't carrying much, so his base should be nearby. Hmm...

Bringing up the image of that first bandit in her head, Vicious gave it a quick once-over before settling on the sword by his hip. There was no sheath, so she could see the entire blade save the part that was held by a leather cuff.

Huh, I see. If that's the case, I might know a rough location. Let's go.

*****​

She soon found the entrance of the bandits' hideout from last time, and the girl unslung her new weapon from her back, before walking in...

Yeah, right. Entering an unexplored area knowing there would be enemies inside, but not knowing the numbers? A rope would be the faster way to commit suicide. Vicious stared at the way the entrance was arranged, and had to admit that she was impressed. It would be difficult to mount a direct attack on the place.

So around twenty minutes later, an odd and loud rustling in the bushes brought the lookout just a few steps out of the cave, and---

*Wham*

The blunt end of a portion of tree trunk slammed into his face, sending the bandit right into another tree. As she watched from her hidden vantage point, Vicious stuck out a V gesture. The best part was that she didn't even have to make the trap; she just found an existing one, disarmed it, then adjusted it to fit her own purposes.

"Hey! What's with the---"

*Wham*

The lookout wasn't just one person. Decent work. But then again, neither did Vicious only repurpose one trap. One log later, both bandits were down and practically cocooned in with ropes and vines. Vicious cupped her chin and gave it some serious thought. There were two healthy bandits before her, both alive...actually, maybe just one. The first had taken a log right to the head, and he was bleeding now. At this rate, he might just bleed out before she had a chance to hand the request in. The second, however, was just suffering from a fractured hand. He'd be fine.

"Alrighty, then. Let's make this interesting."

Her idea of interesting could use some work. The girl fashioned two gags out of unused cloth, then plugged both mouths with it. Following that, she made a noose, looped it over the first one's...waist, and pulled him until he was dangling from a branch. She wasn't that sadistic.

"Hang around here until your buddies cut you down, big boy. Assuming you don't die of cold or blood loss first. I've heard lotsa creatures in the night like an unsuspecting prey...Bai bai~"

Waving goodbye with a smile, Vicious grabbed the other bandit and started the haul back to the city.

She was still in her pyjamas.
"... Miss Vicious... I... Don't know what to say... Except... That you need to think a bit more before you move.

"You found a hideout, near the outskirts of the city, in a cave, with traps around them... Did you even consider that it might be a group of hunters instead of bandits?

"I understand you found a bandit near it before, but that's hardly enough to label them as bandits. Did you see them commit any criminal acts? Or see them threaten you in any way? Or were they carrying any stolen goods?

"All I'm seeing here is that you attacked two citizens that are possibly innocent, and maybe even killed one of them. I'm deeply disappointed in you, miss Vicious. The gods do not approve of this kind of thoughtless behavior.

"Please go home for the day and rethink your methods, you can't apprehend someone because they live in a suspicious place. I'll contact the guards and see if they can send a party to that location to investigate the matter and hopefully save the one you hit the head of. Nonetheless, your actions are absolutely unacceptable.

"May the gods grant you the necessary calmness to act without relying on your impulses."

Quest Failed.

OOC: Remember to tag it as appraised! >.<

AliceShiki

The next report was to help an alchemist? I think that's the first someone picked it, I wonder how it went...
Report for Quest: Alchemist's Assistant
Sponsor
: Alchemist's Guild

Method of completion: Today, I returned to Dyeheart's Potion Brewery. On this day, he asked me to directly help him with making potions. He had a list of potions he wanted me to help him make and I gladly obliged.
The first potion was a simple anti-infection potion. Normally, alcohol is the layman's ant-infection beverage, but it is also a blood thinner and fairly painful for the subject. The potion was not a blood thinner, and it would cause no pain for the subject as well. The potion was not challenging to make, but I did learn about how important it was to vary the temperature according to what stage the potion was at in its completion.
The second potion was a hair growth tonic. While there are a plethora of snake oil salesmen who will sell all sorts of tonics that are designed to do any number of things, an actual hair growth tonic was more challenging. Each one had to be made for the specific person, which involved using the subject's nail clipping as a baseline for how the hair should grow and look. I was told that if someone were to use a hair growth tonic that was not personalized there could be some odd side effects, including but not limited to: Extreme hair growth, hair growth in the mouth, hair growth across all skin, hair color change, and hair loss. Brewing the potion was difficult, as you needed to be extremely technical with the dosage and filter some parts out of it.
The last potion was not a potion at all. Dyeheart and I made a couple explosives. They were simple bombs not made to cause a large explosion but a bright flash of light. The creation of the flash bomb was simple compared to the others and it was easy for me to memorize the recipe. I may use it in the future.
All in all, it was an enjoyable time.
"Mister Randell... I'm confused.

"The quest's description said you were supposed to help out by gathering herbs, not by making potions... Yet that's what you did.

"I understand that mister Dyeheart directly made the request for you to help out, but you didn't fulfill the quest's requirements at all, did you?

"... Since it was by his direct request, I'll give you a partial reward, but please be sure to fulfill what is requested of you alongside with any other requests that are made on the spot, alright?

"May the gods grant you the steadiness to never make a mistake when brewing."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 40
Money: n/a
Items: 1 Weak Healing Potion

OOC: Remember to tag the report as appraised~

AliceShiki

And that's the last report, I suppose I should turn in for the night after that...

Let's see what mister Sil has found out...
I started by tracking the footprints near the village that have been pillaged, I went into the northeast forest and walk around until I found a track of trampled grasses. I followed the path for few minutes then I discovered a group of bandit moving through the forest. I chose not to get closer as I spotted a few canine species with them. The distance between me and them is sufficient even I cannot eavesdrop them. They went inside thick brushes, I wait for a seconds before I go in. On another side, it was a small water spring in front of a cave. There are two bandits guarding the cave entrance. I would alarm them if I took out those two and someone comes out to find them so I decided to retreat.

Note: Bandit cave: In the south of 'Prisoner's Knoll' within northeast forest
"To think a whole village was pillaged by those bandits, those are terrible news... Why do we keep getting one trouble after another in here?

"Thank you for the information, mister Sil. Let's pray those outlaws are arrested soon.

"May the gods grant you the speed to never get caught by those who seek to do you harm."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 175
Money: 20G

OOC: Remember to tag it as appraised in some way.
Also, your character sheet in your Sig has its name listed as Okarin btw.

Moshi

Treat the Wounded
Sponsor
: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Some knowledge of how to heal patients. Either through magic or by knowing how to use the appropriate herbs, bandages etc.
  • Help with the treatment of patients in the temple for a day.
Explanation:
With the recent growth in numbers of Adventurers in Scribel, the amount of wounded people in need of treatment increased exponentially, and this is quickly overwhelming the priests that are unable to deal with such heavy workload.
As they priests are already overwhelmed, they can't afford helping someone learn how to do basic medicine, so someone with experience is required.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 80
  • Money: 20G

With all the apothecaries in this city, you'd think they wouldn't have this problem.

As Nyx entered the huge hall of the temple's medical section, he was struck by how many injured people he saw. There were rows upon rows of them, mostly adventurers, laying in the room. Having run out of cots, a large number of them were laying on what were basically tarps laid out on the floor.

A man walked over to him. "Kid, are you lost?"

"I'm not a kid."

The man looked doubtful. "How old are you then?"

"Sixteen"

"Yup, still a kid."

"That aside, what are you here for? Visiting someone?"

Nyx took out the quest sheet from his item ring. The man seemed a bit surprised by it's sudden appearance, but quickly got over it and took the paper.

"An alchemist?" the man asked. Seeing Nyx nod in response, he passed the paper back to him. "The other alchemists are over there, making healing potions and other medical things. You can go help them." As he said that, he pointed at a group of benches surrounded by people working.

After thanking him, Nyx made his way over to the others. They were crushing herbs, mixing ingredients, and a whole other assortment of tasks to produce low grade potions.

"Are you here to help us?" One of them asked.

"Yes. You're making healing potions right now?"

"Yup! There's a formula over there, if you need it. It's not a complicated recipe, so I'm sure you can do it if you've had experience." On the table he pointed to was a bunch of papers covered in symbols and diagrams.

After analyzing the formula, he realized that it was extremely inefficient. Isn't this really wasteful? I guess they sacrificed efficiency for the sake of time.

Still, Nyx decided to use his own potion method. Gathering the supplies he needed, he went to an empty spot on the benches and started working.

Setting the healing herbs aside, he prepared the base. This was a simple task, all he had to do was crush the ingredients and mix with water.

Putting the healing herbs on the table, he raised his hands as if holding an invisible ball. Closing his eyes, he concentrated. The herbs started shining and white wisps of light seemed to evaporate from them, gathering into a glowing cloud between his hands.

The bright light caught the attention of the others nearby, who started gathering around him. Ignoring them, Nyx continued, the glowing cloud condensed into a single drop, about the size of a blueberry. He put that in with his previous mixture.

Satisfied, he poured it into a bottle. "Here." Nyx gave it to one of the people standing nearby. "This is a mid-grade healing potion."

He seemed a bit confused. "Mid-grade? I didn't think we had the supplies for that on hand."

"This is my own formula. It's far more efficient than the one on the paper."

"Is it? Do you mind telling us?" The one who spoke took out a small notebook. "It's nothing secret. It's basically the same as your formula, except that I use 100% concentration liquid mana, while the distilling process you use only produces a concentration of 30%"

After doing a couple calculations in his notebook, and mumbling to himself, the man seemed to come to a conclusion. "Yes, that would make a mid-grade potion. What method did you use to produce such a concentration?"

"It's something from my own world, a synthesis skill. I can teach you it later, if you want. It's magic though, so if you can't use it then it's impossible for you. " Nyx explained. Despite how helpful he seemed, this was really only serving his own interests. If you're the only one who can do something, then everyone goes to you. This guy can suffer in my place.

Oblivious to his thoughts, the man eagerly agreed. After all, no alchemist would turn down an offer to learn a new method. The other alchemists were similarly excited, and pestered him until he agreed to teach them as well. I already regret this.

However, his regret was interrupted by the need to resupply the mangrove balm stock. Soon after he had finished that, he had to help with their supply of dragon-scale oil. Things just kept happening one after another, leaving him busy for the rest of the day.

---

"How did a young boy such as you become such skilled person?"

The alchemists were taking a break from their work. All of the patients had been treated, and they had a decent buffer stock of potions just in case.

"...how old do you think I am?"

"Nine? Ten?"

"I'm sixteen. I know it says I'm twelve on my guild card, but that's because the receptionist didn't believe me."

"Why are you so small?"

"I created a elixir of youth when I was twelve... well, I guess I've always looked much younger than I am. Before you ask, I can't make it for you. I had to synthesize my own body, which is impossible to do on others."

Although looks of disappointment covered some of their faces, most of them looked at him in awe.

----

After their work was over, he stuck around for a while to teach them the synthesis spell. It wasn't a particularly complicated spell - even low level mages could use it. Despite that, it took him almost an hour. By that time, the sun had set, and it was time for him to report back to the guild.

Quest Report | Nyx (level 2, 330/600) | Appraised

Really, I don't know how you have this problem. Why are there so many injured people?

I didn't really tend to the patients, other more experienced physicians did that. I just made potions, poultices, and other medicines. However, even that kept me busy for the entire day, because of the sheer volume of people.

The day went smoothly, despite how busy it was. All the injured were treated for the day, and there weren't any major issues.

----
OOC: I wrote so much *sweats* this took three days to write, and I ran out of steam near the end (as you can probably tell). I ended up with a lot of information on Nyx in this... well it's fine, I guess.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

And just as I had finished, another report appeared on top of my desk... I suppose one more wouldn't hurt.
With all the apothecaries in this city, you'd think they wouldn't have this problem.

As Nyx entered the huge hall of the temple's medical section, he was struck by how many injured people he saw. There were rows upon rows of them, mostly adventurers, laying in the room. Having run out of cots, a large number of them were laying on what were basically tarps laid out on the floor.

A man walked over to him. "Kid, are you lost?"

"I'm not a kid."

The man looked doubtful. "How old are you then?"

"Sixteen"

"Yup, still a kid."

"That aside, what are you here for? Visiting someone?"

Nyx took out the quest sheet from his item ring. The man seemed a bit surprised by it's sudden appearance, but quickly got over it and took the paper.

"An alchemist?" the man asked. Seeing Nyx nod in response, he passed the paper back to him. "The other alchemists are over there, making healing potions and other medical things. You can go help them." As he said that, he pointed at a group of benches surrounded by people working.

After thanking him, Nyx made his way over to the others. They were crushing herbs, mixing ingredients, and a whole other assortment of tasks to produce low grade potions.

"Are you here to help us?" One of them asked.

"Yes. You're making healing potions right now?"

"Yup! There's a formula over there, if you need it. It's not a complicated recipe, so I'm sure you can do it if you've had experience." On the table he pointed to was a bunch of papers covered in symbols and diagrams.

After analyzing the formula, he realized that it was extremely inefficient. Isn't this really wasteful? I guess they sacrificed efficiency for the sake of time.

Still, Nyx decided to use his own potion method. Gathering the supplies he needed, he went to an empty spot on the benches and started working.

Setting the healing herbs aside, he prepared the base. This was a simple task, all he had to do was crush the ingredients and mix with water.

Putting the healing herbs on the table, he raised his hands as if holding an invisible ball. Closing his eyes, he concentrated. The herbs started shining and white wisps of light seemed to evaporate from them, gathering into a glowing cloud between his hands.

The bright light caught the attention of the others nearby, who started gathering around him. Ignoring them, Nyx continued, the glowing cloud condensed into a single drop, about the size of a blueberry. He put that in with his previous mixture.

Satisfied, he poured it into a bottle. "Here." Nyx gave it to one of the people standing nearby. "This is a mid-grade healing potion."

He seemed a bit confused. "Mid-grade? I didn't think we had the supplies for that on hand."

"This is my own formula. It's far more efficient than the one on the paper."

"Is it? Do you mind telling us?" The one who spoke took out a small notebook. "It's nothing secret. It's basically the same as your formula, except that I use 100% concentration liquid mana, while the distilling process you use only produces a concentration of 30%"

After doing a couple calculations in his notebook, and mumbling to himself, the man seemed to come to a conclusion. "Yes, that would make a mid-grade potion. What method did you use to produce such a concentration?"

"It's something from my own world, a synthesis skill. I can teach you it later, if you want. It's magic though, so if you can't use it then it's impossible for you. " Nyx explained. Despite how helpful he seemed, this was really only serving his own interests. If you're the only one who can do something, then everyone goes to you. This guy can suffer in my place.

Oblivious to his thoughts, the man eagerly agreed. After all, no alchemist would turn down an offer to learn a new method. The other alchemists were similarly excited, and pestered him until he agreed to teach them as well. I already regret this.

However, his regret was interrupted by the need to resupply the mangrove balm stock. Soon after he had finished that, he had to help with their supply of dragon-scale oil. Things just kept happening one after another, leaving him busy for the rest of the day.

---

"How did a young boy such as you become such skilled person?"

The alchemists were taking a break from their work. All of the patients had been treated, and they had a decent buffer stock of potions just in case.

"...how old do you think I am?"

"Nine? Ten?"

"I'm sixteen. I know it says I'm twelve on my guild card, but that's because the receptionist didn't believe me."

"Why are you so small?"

"I created a elixir of youth when I was twelve... well, I guess I've always looked much younger than I am. Before you ask, I can't make it for you. I had to synthesize my own body, which is impossible to do on others."

Although looks of disappointment covered some of their faces, most of them looked at him in awe.

----

After their work was over, he stuck around for a while to teach them the synthesis spell. It wasn't a particularly complicated spell - even low level mages could use it. Despite that, it took him almost an hour. By that time, the sun had set, and it was time for him to report back to the guild.

Quest Report | Nyx (level 2, 330/600)

Really, I don't know how you have this problem. Why are there so many injured people?

I didn't really tend to the patients, other more experienced physicians did that. I just made potions, poultices, and other medicines. However, even that kept me busy for the entire day, because of the sheer volume of people.

The day went smoothly, despite how busy it was. All the injured were treated for the day, and there weren't any major issues.

----
OOC: I wrote so much *sweats* this took three days to write, and I ran out of steam near the end (as you can probably tell). I ended up with a lot of information on Nyx in this... well it's fine, I guess.
"Well, mister Nyx, what did you expect in a town filled with people that come from another world and take on dangerous jobs right after they fall here? Especially when most don't realize that mana here functions in a different way and that often times their bodies don't move as well as they did before... They get wounded, severely. Many die on their first subjugation quest.

"It is... Not a pretty sight, it seems like there is almost always a funeral being held.

"I'm glad we seemed to have a surplus of healing supplies for the day at least, probably because of how many sacks of herbs have been gathered in the recent times, hopefully this lasts for a while.

"And thank you for teaching them how to control their mana more efficiently... It's surprising you're able to do it this well even though you're also pretty new to this world though. Nonetheless, I'm sure the gods are happy with your work in their house.

"May they always guide your path and help you help others to the best of your capability."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 80
Money: 20G

OOC: Remember to tag your report as appraised in some way~

LazyLonduf

> > >

Charity Work
Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
Visit a local temple or orphanage.
Collect donations, food, and medical supplies from civilians.
Volunteer your time to help the needy.
Living in a frontier city has its tough moments.
Scribel City has high numbers of orphans and disabled veterans,
and the places that support them are overcrowded.
There simply isn't enough government money to help them all.
Will you step in to lend a hand?

Rewards:
Money: n/a
Other: n/a
> > >

Name: Oam Lola
Level: 1 (50/200)
Quest: Charity
Summary: - Walked around town to collect charity.
- Met a few thieving kids.
- Delivered supplies from the temple to the orphanage.

Early in the morning, I went to the temple and they welcomed me back. They have warmed up to me because of yesterday, they did also lend me a box to use to collect funds instead of just using my umbrella for the work. So it was good. I walked around town until the afternoon while shouting. There wasn't as much of a crowd as yesterday, but I did gather enough cents for six to seven people. I didn't see the man who gave me money yesterday. But I'll accept what's given. It's enough for today.
However when I was returning, I came across a group of kids that seemed to be eyeing the skewers in the market. My stomach grumbled too, but I didn't have too much left either.
It was then that when one of the boys grabbed a small bundle of skewers and ran back to their friends. "Let's go!" they said. The standowner shouted angrily at the kids, but they were already gone when the shopowner arrived. He seemed to be a little bit depressed, so I went to him and talked to him.
Not sure if this should be included in the report... but his name was Jarum, and he said his wife was sick with a strange sickness for months now, so he needed money. He also said that the usual herbs he bought didn't have any effect on her condition. We talked a bit and he said that the sickness wasn't painful for his wife, but she could barely move without support. In the end, I payed 6Gs for the skewers the kids stole. He did calm down immediately after... it was good to see him energized again.

Later in the day, I rested in the temple for an hour before being called in by a monk, he wanted to deliver some pickled food to the local orphanage. "It lasts longer and they need nutrition."
I accepted, so we went soon after.
He left earlier and we each carried two jars of various pickled food. He was much faster so he arrived first. Half an hour later, I arrived at the orphanage...
It indeed was the orphanage... the gloomy staff said so. Some of the windows were broken and some of the doors screeched so hard we each covered our ears and pushed through with our bodies. Some of the children were peeking at me from upstairs... in any case, we didn't stay for long and Brother Jaune stayed around to tell stories to the kids. Before leaving, he mentioned to the weary-eyed lady to visit the temple every once in a while. To both's haggard laughs.
I do wonder why this orphanage looked like it could collapse at any moment though... is it just lack of funding?
It isn't my authority to comment anyway.

That concludes my report.

I would also like to submit a quest to the Quest Board with 1G, would that be enough? I would like someone to look into the sickness that Jarum's wife is suffering from. It doesn't need to be a cure or anything. They probably don't even know what sickness it is, so they might be using the wrong medicine. Or maybe it is the medicines that aren't working properly? Perhaps someone with knowledge regarding plants and medicine. I know 1G isn't much...

Last edited:

Bochi

Pixie Problem
Sponsor
: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 2
Objectives:

• Prevent pixies from stealing from the Guild storeroom for one week.
Explanation:
The Adventurer's Guild is known to have a pixie problem -- small little mischievous fae who love to steal things. They tend to appear when nobody is looking, and then they raid our pantry! Most pixies seem to have a heavy sweet tooth, and it always seems like we're missing sugar and cookies. They're notoriously difficult to catch... so what should we do?

Rewards:

• EXP: 120
  • Items: A bag of cookies
It had been exactly a week since she suggested the measures to prevent pixie theft, so Vicious made a second trip down to the guild storeroom to check things out. When she got there, she pulled aside one of the clerks working at the area, and inquired about the matter.

"We had no troubles for the first three days, miss. Then they started going missing again on the fourth day, so we followed your suggestion and obtained some dirt from the church. One of the priests blessed it for us. After that we had no more break-ins."

Mhm. As Vicious nodded in satisfaction, the clerk asked her a question.

"I know that the iron is for deterring the fae, miss, but what's the dirt for?"

"Hmm...I've no expert, so take my words with a pinch of salt; but raw iron is poisonous to regular fae. Still, there are more powerful fae in the Queen's courts, and then there's the Wild Hunt, or what my friend like to call it. Those aren't your regulars so they don't follow regular rules, but something about sanctified dirt keeps them at bay. I'm not sure which. Anyway, I've forgotten about this, but you should also put salt and iron in the dirt, because for reasons I cannot fathom, sanctified dirt does nothing to regular fae."

Waving goodbye to the clerk, she made her way to the counter to hand in her report.

...Hmm. I didn't think they would go to the trouble, though...is there something in the storeroom besides sweets that the fae want? Because I doubt they went to that extent just for some sweets...
Since it was an update about a previous unfinished task, Vicious left a note attached, specifying that it would be waiting for @GDLiZy's appraisal in particular.

Last edited: