Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Miku

After having a near death experience in forest, I went straight to the tavern to rent a room and rest. It wasn't yet night but it was soon approaching. There should be enough to do a simple job before I sleep. I talked to waitress that I would out for a bit and headed for the Guild. It was still as busy as ever even if night was approaching.

> > >
Office Work
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Spend a day as an office clerk in the Scribel City government.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Have you ever wanted to work for the guild?
Sort files? Process papers? Read quest reports all day?
Be a receptionist? Manage a warehouse?
Wait no longer! The city guild is hiring entry-level workers!
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
  • Other: n/a
> > >

This looks simple enough to do. I went to the front desk to notify the receptionist.

"I wish to aid the establishment in their documentation of records."

I could see her widen her eyes when I said that. I didn't understand since even officers in my land needed decent education of documentation even when in the field. She guided me to a door that led to the back of the building. The room was huge as I could only stare at the piles of papers that are stacked taller than me or her.

"You look like a strong man. These files have been unorganized for many days and I want you to organize them by date of completion. Don't worry they're all filed as complete, also be careful as there are boxes underneath those piles of paper. You can just put said boxes all the way back. When you're done then your job's done."

I silently stare at her as she shows me a sweet smile, but that smile to me was a demon's smile. She most likely doesn't know the kind of face I'm showing. At this point I could only inwardly sigh and nod.

"Understood."

With that confirmation she left me.... alone... with the papers.

I still stare at the piles of papers and think to myself that it's going to take me until atleast sunrise to get these sorted out. Pushing my complaints to the back of my mind, I hesitantly started sorting the files.

When everything was done, I filed my report and was told that I could leave. As I looked up to sky, the sun shined brightly as I walked back to tavern downheartedly. I could already feel myself deprived of sleep before I even reached the tavern.

Greeting to you Guild

As per request of the lovely receptionist that I spoke with. I have aided with the ordered organization of concluded. I must say though that the sigh of aplenty documents gave me such a shock. Nonetheless I have completed my task and as well relocated the boxes the back of the large room. I hope that my task was satisfactorily met.

At Service to you, Lancer Reival
The receptionist who was handling the adventurer had no bad remark at all. Since the quest were completed, it was just a formality to mark the quest as complete. She had to notify the reward department to prepare 10G to the adventurer, the next time he came to the office.

Rewards:
  • Other: -

OOC: please mark the quest report as evaluated, somehow.

Miku

Arriving at the counter Vysic slowly approached the receptionist.
"Uh.. uh... RegiSteR please.", He said awkwardly.
The receptionist cheerfully turned around and said. "Sure, just fill in this form." Before quickly turning back to deal with another adventurer.
As Vysic filled in the form he thought "Ah, I was very rude interrupting her like that I should apologise."
When Vysic went back to the receptionist desk, there was a different receptionist. A muscular man clad in armour. He snatched the registration form out of his hand, and strongly stamped it. "WELCOME TO THE GUILD MR... VYSIC.", He shouted.
Embarrassed, Vysic said in a soft voice"Thanks..." before leaving the guild in a rush.

A new adventurer? she looked at the new registration. It was noted that the adventurer forgot to take the guild card, and that the guild card should be given to him next time the adventurer came here.

She filed the quest in the new adventurer registration pile and continue her work.

Rewards:
  • Money: - G
  • Other: -

OOC: please mark the quest as evaluated somewhere.

Last edited:

LazyLonduf

> > >

Charity Work
Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
Visit a local temple or orphanage.
Collect donations, food, and medical supplies from civilians.
Volunteer your time to help the needy.
Living in a frontier city has its tough moments.
Scribel City has high numbers of orphans and disabled veterans,
and the places that support them are overcrowded.
There simply isn't enough government money to help them all.
Will you step in to lend a hand?

Rewards:
Money: n/a
Other: n/a
> > >

"Eiteteteitetei..."

"You shouldn't move so much you're still recovering."

Zana picked up the black-colored wood pieces in oam's hands, "You'll just write the report down,"

"..."

"What?"

"I don't want you to overwork yourse--ow! Why did you hit me?!"

"Just rest a bit for a day," she sighed.

Name: Oam Lola
Level: 2 (225/200)
Quest: Charity
Summary: - Measured fragrant wood.
- Counted twelve sacks of coins.

I woke up early today. Because of a certain person's complaint, I've relegated myself to mostly templee deskwork. But that's fine too. I'm also looking into setting up an altar for the gods of my old world, but I still haven't found a spot.

Some sections of the temple are still closed off by the way. I still haven't heard of any adventurer taking up the quest of investigation...

There was a merchant who came by with a carriage early before morning and stopped in front of the temple. On the cargo were large logs of wood--blackened pieces of wood--that seemed to have attracted a lot of priests. I was told that it's a kind of incense material, so the Church of the God of Life was to be buying them in bulk. Some of the other churches were buying too, but they it was expensive. Some smaller cults also find the smell very pleasant, but they didn't have the money, so they simply buy it from the Church of the God of Life in small portions.

The temple was slightly understaffed so I volunteered to double-check the weight of the logs. Zana did most of the lifting for me.

A little after that, I counted donation coins and finished twelve sacks of coins (i won't disclose the amount). The next round of big donations won't begin until evening where many people go to visit the temple, so we were done before noon.

I stopped by the pickled god altar, but it seems like they also aren't receiving as many donations because of the incident. So I left for the guild and arrived here at noon. I have some things to do at the orphanage later.

I saw some quests regarding the orphanage sponsored by Nene earlier, is that right? She has a kind heart.

Last edited:

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Leaving the guild, Liana saw the sky was getting darker faster after the sun had set 10 minutes earlier. Wanting to bask in the darkness of the night and calm herself down from the previous evening's assessments, she made her way towards the city guard barracks.

"You want to do the Night Watch again?" The Night Watch guard captain asked with a look of surprise.

"...Yes."

Seeing her cold and detached face, Harrison gave a brief nod and took out a clipboard with some names on.

"Let's see, I've got a group patrolling the streets, if you're okay with joining them? Although...you'll be the only woman..."

"...I'm fine with it."

"All right, head down that road and stick to the main roads. You'll catch up with them in a few minutes I imagine. Ah, here's my signed note to prove you're part of the team. Look for a guy named Gillian; he's the one leading them."

"...Okay."

Taking the note, Liana left the barracks, and headed for the group she'd been assigned to. Watching her leave, Harrison shook his head while sighing to himself, "Such a strange girl..."
Night Watch
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.
  • Do not leave your post.
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed.We need people to help keep the city safe. Rewards:
After catching up with the others, Liana handed her note to the loud man from earlier - Gillian.

"..." He stared at the note, then at Liana, before staring at the note again. "I knew the guards were understaffed, but to even need such a fragile-looking woman as you?" He sighed before motioning to his calm friend, "This is Nathaniel, keep close to him and you'll be safe."

He then introduced the others before resuming their patrol of the main streets of the city.

For a few hours nothing much happened, except for Gillian chasing after some pickpocket kids while yelling that they should be sleeping. When there was roughly 2 hours before dawn, the group encountered a group of drunk men fighting with swords and threatening the safety of other nearby civilians. Seeing the situation, Gillian told everyone except for Liana and Nathaniel to go over to resolve it then charged ahead while yelling loudly in anticipation for a good fight.

Watching the ensuing skirmish, Nathaniel turned to Liana and wryly smiled while saying, "We should report the situation to the Guard Captain in case arrests need to be made."

"...Okay."

"You stay here, I'll go back since I know lots of shortcuts."

"...Okay."

"Stay safe. I'll try and get back as soon as possible. Try to stay away from the fighting, or you might get caught up in it and get injured."

"...Okay."

Nathaniel waved and then began running back to the barracks, leaving Liana on her own - a solitary statue.

About a minute after he left, the drunk men suddenly changed and acted in sober unison against Gillian and his group. At this change, another 5 men appeared from the nearby alleys and attacked their group from behind.

"...Ah..."

Liana watched on in a detached way, not really feeling anything as her red eyes dimly glowed in the darkness.
As she watched on, a man sneaked up behind her and wrapped an arm around her arms while the other held a knife to her neck.

"Hey, pretty lady. Be quiet and come with me and we'll have some fun~"

"...Okay"

Hearing Liana announce her compliance, the man gave a dirty grin as he dragged her into a nearby, dark alley. Upon reaching the end, he released her and shoved her into the wall; his hand gripping her slender wrists behind her. The man leaned in close to her ear and muttered in a low tone: "Be a good girl and I promise I'll not let the other guys taste you after I'm done~"

"...Okay." She replied in a detached tone.

Internally laughing at how lucky he was to catch such a woman, he sheathed his knife and started unfastening his trousers. However, in his moment of inattention towards his prey, Liana suddenly kicked him between his legs and scratched his hand with her hard and sharp nails.

"Wha--"

Before he could say anything, Liana had pushed him down to the ground, grabbed his hand and started licking his bleeding wounds. Her eyes glowed more brightly as blood lust took over her.

"Mmnh! So tasty! I want more!"

Looking at the man greedily, she felt her fangs grow out from pure instinct and she bit down on his wrist deeply.

"Aaargh!"

The man tried to get her off him, but only made his wrist tear, making the wound bleed more openly. Intoxicated by the scent beginning to permeate in the air, Liana used her other hand to tightly grab the man's throat and stop him from making sounds. Having his breathing cut off, the man could only make pained gurgling sounds as he felt his life ebbing away with every gulp from the beautiful, yet terrifying woman. Crying in fear for his life, he weakly struggled under Liana, but to no avail.

After a few minutes, the man had already lost consciousness from asphyxiation and blood loss. Having had her fill, Liana eventually stopped and found that the man was on the brink of death. Smiling in a haughty manner, she leaned in beside his ear and coquettishly said: "Thank you for the fun time~" Her red eyes then flashed with coldness as she snapped his neck, took his knife and slashed him all over before dragging his body behind some discarded wooden boxes that were rotting away from years of abandonment. Wiping the splashes of blood off her face and hands with the man's clothes, she then calmly walked back out of the alley and returned to the spot she was told to stay at.

The fighting had come to an end, with the assailants all knocked out by Gillian's men who were breathing heavily after a hard won fight. Turning to assess the surroundings, Gillian saw Liana standing in the middle of the street and waved her over.

"Where's Nathaniel?"

"He left to find Captain Harrison in case arrests needed to be made." She replied with a slight smile.

"That idiot! Stupid! He knows I can handle this kind of situation!" He kicked one of the unconscious men in annoyance before looking back at Liana. "Nothing happened while we were dealing with these idiots, did it?"

"No, nothing happened." Her smile deepened a bit as a trace of amusement flashed through her eyes before turning cold and detached again.

Staring at the woman's deep red lips, he coughed before continuing,"Well, at least something went right. I would've punched Nathaniel's lights out if you'd been targeted while he was away. So much for being a so called gentleman, ha!"

With that, Nathaniel returned with Harrison and some city guards who then clapped the unconscious men in manacles before dragging them to the barracks for questioning and possible processing to prison. As the group resumed their patrol, nothing else happened and so returned back tot he barracks once dawn came.
Liana entered the guild building and handed in her report to a receptionist; feeling more tired as the sun rose higher in the sky. Nevertheless, she felt a lot more energetic than she did the previous day. Going out for the night was certainly a good decision that reaped a lot of benefits.

X

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
"Eiteteteitetei..."

"You shouldn't move so much you're still recovering."

Zana picked up the black-colored wood pieces in oam's hands, "You'll just write the report down,"

"..."

"What?"

"I don't want you to overwork yourse--ow! Why did you hit me?!"

"Just rest a bit for a day," she sighed.

Name: Oam Lola
Level: 2 (225/200)
Quest: Charity
Summary: - Measured fragrant wood.
- Counted twelve sacks of coins.

I woke up early today. Because of a certain person's complaint, I've relegated myself to mostly templee deskwork. But that's fine too. I'm also looking into setting up an altar for the gods of my old world, but I still haven't found a spot.

Some sections of the temple are still closed off by the way. I still haven't heard of any adventurer taking up the quest of investigation...

There was a merchant who came by with a carriage early before morning and stopped in front of the temple. On the cargo were large logs of wood--blackened pieces of wood--that seemed to have attracted a lot of priests. I was told that it's a kind of incense material, so the Church of the God of Life was to be buying them in bulk. Some of the other churches were buying too, but they it was expensive. Some smaller cults also find the smell very pleasant, but they didn't have the money, so they simply buy it from the Church of the God of Life in small portions.

The temple was slightly understaffed so I volunteered to double-check the weight of the logs. Zana did most of the lifting for me.

A little after that, I counted donation coins and finished twelve sacks of coins (i won't disclose the amount). The next round of big donations won't begin until evening where many people go to visit the temple, so we were done before noon.

I stopped by the pickled god altar, but it seems like they also aren't receiving as many donations because of the incident. So I left for the guild and arrived here at noon. I have some things to do at the orphanage later.

I saw some quests regarding the orphanage sponsored by Nene earlier, is that right? She has a kind heart.
I'm sure you'll find a place to put a alter for your gods eventual.
OOC: Please mark your post in some way to indicate that it as been evaluated.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Leaving the guild, Liana saw the sky was getting darker faster after the sun had set 10 minutes earlier. Wanting to bask in the darkness of the night and calm herself down from the previous evening's assessments, she made her way towards the city guard barracks.

"You want to do the Night Watch again?" The Night Watch guard captain asked with a look of surprise.

"...Yes."

Seeing her cold and detached face, Harrison gave a brief nod and took out a clipboard with some names on.

"Let's see, I've got a group patrolling the streets, if you're okay with joining them? Although...you'll be the only woman..."

"...I'm fine with it."

"All right, head down that road and stick to the main roads. You'll catch up with them in a few minutes I imagine. Ah, here's my signed note to prove you're part of the team. Look for a guy named Gillian; he's the one leading them."

"...Okay."

Taking the note, Liana left the barracks, and headed for the group she'd been assigned to. Watching her leave, Harrison shook his head while sighing to himself, "Such a strange girl..."

After catching up with the others, Liana handed her note to the loud man from earlier - Gillian.

"..." He stared at the note, then at Liana, before staring at the note again. "I knew the guards were understaffed, but to even need such a fragile-looking woman as you?" He sighed before motioning to his calm friend, "This is Nathaniel, keep close to him and you'll be safe."

He then introduced the others before resuming their patrol of the main streets of the city.

For a few hours nothing much happened, except for Gillian chasing after some pickpocket kids while yelling that they should be sleeping. When there was roughly 2 hours before dawn, the group encountered a group of drunk men fighting with swords and threatening the safety of other nearby civilians. Seeing the situation, Gillian told everyone except for Liana and Nathaniel to go over to resolve it then charged ahead while yelling loudly in anticipation for a good fight.

Watching the ensuing skirmish, Nathaniel turned to Liana and wryly smiled while saying, "We should report the situation to the Guard Captain in case arrests need to be made."

"...Okay."

"You stay here, I'll go back since I know lots of shortcuts."

"...Okay."

"Stay safe. I'll try and get back as soon as possible. Try to stay away from the fighting, or you might get caught up in it and get injured."

"...Okay."

Nathaniel waved and then began running back to the barracks, leaving Liana on her own - a solitary statue.

About a minute after he left, the drunk men suddenly changed and acted in sober unison against Gillian and his group. At this change, another 5 men appeared from the nearby alleys and attacked their group from behind.

"...Ah..."

Liana watched on in a detached way, not really feeling anything as her red eyes dimly glowed in the darkness.
As she watched on, a man sneaked up behind her and wrapped an arm around her arms while the other held a knife to her neck.

"Hey, pretty lady. Be quiet and come with me and we'll have some fun~"

"...Okay"

Hearing Liana announce her compliance, the man gave a dirty grin as he dragged her into a nearby, dark alley. Upon reaching the end, he released her and shoved her into the wall; his hand gripping her slender wrists behind her. The man leaned in close to her ear and muttered in a low tone: "Be a good girl and I promise I'll not let the other guys taste you after I'm done~"

"...Okay." She replied in a detached tone.

Internally laughing at how lucky he was to catch such a woman, he sheathed his knife and started unfastening his trousers. However, in his moment of inattention towards his prey, Liana suddenly kicked him between his legs and scratched his hand with her hard and sharp nails.

"Wha--"

Before he could say anything, Liana had pushed him down to the ground, grabbed his hand and started licking his bleeding wounds. Her eyes glowed more brightly as blood lust took over her.

"Mmnh! So tasty! I want more!"

Looking at the man greedily, she felt her fangs grow out from pure instinct and she bit down on his wrist deeply.

"Aaargh!"

The man tried to get her off him, but only made his wrist tear, making the wound bleed more openly. Intoxicated by the scent beginning to permeate in the air, Liana used her other hand to tightly grab the man's throat and stop him from making sounds. Having his breathing cut off, the man could only make pained gurgling sounds as he felt his life ebbing away with every gulp from the beautiful, yet terrifying woman. Crying in fear for his life, he weakly struggled under Liana, but to no avail.

After a few minutes, the man had already lost consciousness from asphyxiation and blood loss. Having had her fill, Liana eventually stopped and found that the man was on the brink of death. Smiling in a haughty manner, she leaned in beside his ear and coquettishly said: "Thank you for the fun time~" Her red eyes then flashed with coldness as she snapped his neck, took his knife and slashed him all over before dragging his body behind some discarded wooden boxes that were rotting away from years of abandonment. Wiping the splashes of blood off her face and hands with the man's clothes, she then calmly walked back out of the alley and returned to the spot she was told to stay at.

The fighting had come to an end, with the assailants all knocked out by Gillian's men who were breathing heavily after a hard won fight. Turning to assess the surroundings, Gillian saw Liana standing in the middle of the street and waved her over.

"Where's Nathaniel?"

"He left to find Captain Harrison in case arrests needed to be made." She replied with a slight smile.

"That idiot! Stupid! He knows I can handle this kind of situation!" He kicked one of the unconscious men in annoyance before looking back at Liana. "Nothing happened while we were dealing with these idiots, did it?"

"No, nothing happened." Her smile deepened a bit as a trace of amusement flashed through her eyes before turning cold and detached again.

Staring at the woman's deep red lips, he coughed before continuing,"Well, at least something went right. I would've punched Nathaniel's lights out if you'd been targeted while he was away. So much for being a so called gentleman, ha!"

With that, Nathaniel returned with Harrison and some city guards who then clapped the unconscious men in manacles before dragging them to the barracks for questioning and possible processing to prison. As the group resumed their patrol, nothing else happened and so returned back tot he barracks once dawn came.
Liana entered the guild building and handed in her report to a receptionist; feeling more tired as the sun rose higher in the sky. Nevertheless, she felt a lot more energetic than she did the previous day. Going out for the night was certainly a good decision that reaped a lot of benefits.

X
Everything looks good, here's your reward.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
------------------------------------------------​

The starry sky looked so beautiful. The moon, in its crescent form showed its majestic glory. She gazed at those stars, and felt a wistful longing in her heart. a small desire in her heart, whispering to her that she wanted to fly, to reach those stars.

The city looked so small in the distance. Only the sound of insects and the owls could be heard. Her feet carried her to the forest. With her backpack in her back, she went into the forest.

There was a slight mist that she could see inside the forest, the air was cold, but not bone-chilling. During this time, the nocturnal being started their hunt, to eke out one more day of sustenance. She walked, and walked inside, as the light from the stars and the moon shines through the leaves.

each time she saw the fallen branch, she took it and put it in her bag. Her ears alert, in caution against the predator's ambush. So far, the only footsteps she could hear was only hers, nothing else.

She had found a clearing in the middle of the forest. There was a small pond in the middle. The water, crystal clear, was really cold when she touched it. She put her backpack down and took a few gulps of the water. It was really refreshing. after that, she decided to submerge herself.

The cold water was really pleasant to the skin. She floated on the water for a while, gazing at the stars. After some time passed, she cleaned herself and continued her journey.

The sky has already changed its color when she was done gathering the firewood. The shift from the blackness of the night to the dark blue in the horizon marked her end of gathering firewood. She returned to the city, walking through the grassland that separated the woodlands and the city.

The gate was still closed. The torch on the gate illuminating the area in front of the gate. She knocked on the gate and waited. After a moment, the gate opened. A gate guard, yawning and still looking sleepy, stood there.

She gave the gate guard her guild card. After inspecting it for a while, he let her inside.

--------------

She stood on the wall in front of the guild. The guild was still not open yet. Other than some people who like to work out, she never saw others on the way to the guild.

The first one who arrived at the guild, other than her, was the key holder. After he opened the guild doors, he proceeded to the back. She entered the building, and looked at yesterday's quest board.

> > >

Blacksmith's Apprentice - PART 1
  • Sponsor: Smithing Guild
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Visit the Smithing Guild forges.
  • Bring a load of firewood as payment.
  • Assist the blacksmith with his/her craft.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
The Smithing Guild is looking for dedicated students interested in smithing.
Blacksmithing is an intensive process that requires many assistants.
Bring a load of firewood, and you will make charcoal and operate the bellows.
Over time, we will teach you to swing a hammer and be a blacksmith's striker.
If you can't stand the heat — get out! — and stop wasting our time.
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Permission to use Smithing Guild forges

> > >

She took the quest paper she intended to take for that day. The firewood pile ready in her bag, she waited until a receptionist took their position on their desk. It was not long, between her arrival and the first receptionist's. She gave the receptionist the quest form signifying her intention to take the quest.

--------------

It seemed that the forge has been operating before she had come. Puffs of smoke could be seen from the chimney, as well as the sound of metal hitting metal. She knocked on the door for a few times, but there seems to be no other response other than the rythmic sound of the hammer.

She opened the door to the forge. A blast of hot air went outside and hit her directly. A burly man could be seen sweating heavily inside, hands preparing to hit the steel with his hammer. That man then stopped his work, and looked at her.

"Come in." The man motioned to her.

She entered the forge, and close the door. As it was stated, it was really hot inside the building. The man then brought the steel to be reheated again in the furnace.

"Bring your firewood to the stack there, and operate these pair of bellows." He said, pointing to the bellows.

The man taught her how to use the bellows while he forge the blade. He continued to forge the steel into the shape of a long, thin sword.

"While you are here," The man said as he quenched the metal and fit the hilt to the blade, "Observe. Pay attention, not only at the bellows, but to what I do."

The man then put the finished sword on a rack. After doing that, he turned and face her.

"If you don't understand or curious about something, ask. You are here to learn and today you will learn how to control the fire."

----------------------------

"Move it faster!" The man commanded.

The heat, ever rising as she pumped the bellows, made her want to shed some of her fur. The man asked her to raise the tempo, while commanding her to pay attention.

"Observe both the fire and the steel. The steel will glow a dull red color at this point. Raise the temperature more." The man said.

-----------------------------

There was a lot of things she had to learn, and nothing to take note with. From material properties, the temperature and its effect to the material, how to use the bellows properly, and many other things. For seven days, she worked at the forge, absorbing every knowledge and technique the man threw at her. At the night, she stayed in the forge, reading the book the man gave her. Only at the end of the seventh day, the man gave her the slip signifying the completion of the quest. As for food, it seemed that the man's wife gave her a share of the food.

"You've done well, learning the basics on how to operate a forge. Next time you come here, I'll let you try to hold the hammer."

She gave the man a sincere thank you with her portable chalkboard, and bowed before reporting the quest to the receptionist.
Well done, you only need to do it two more times until you have permission to use the forges.
    • Permission to use Smithing Guild forges
OOC: you know the drill mark your post as filed or something.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
After crying the entire night, the sun rose and Liana immediately fell into a deep slumber on her bed - looking like a corpse. Once the sun set, she woke up again and looked around her room. Seeing some blood on the floor from when she was convulsing, as well as the large amount in the bucket, Liana got up from her bed and saw her current state in the mirror on the wall.

"...Blood...tears...?"

Raising her hands to her cheeks, she rubbed off the red liquid and stared. With her eyes glowing a dull red, she slowly put her fingers in her mouth and sucked on them.

"Mmnh"

Once her hands were licked clean, she blankly went to wipe her body down again before putting her - no dry - dress on and leaving the room. Locking the door behind her, Liana made her way down the stairs to see an already crowded tavern. Still remaining slightly rational, she quickly weaved through the crowd and left the building and headed near the noticeboard she'd seen other supposed guild members periodically checking.

As she neared a small crowd looking at the board, she overheard one of the people mentioning about some new quests meant to help newcomers get used to this world and city. Tilting her head to listen more, she heard another one exclaim in frustration:

"Not homeless? Find somewhere to sleep? Does that mean you have to have a literal room somewhere in order to complete this quest? So ridiculous! Just sleep under the stars!"

"Gillian, I'm sure it's meant to allow newcomers to find a safe place as well as to help the guild gain back profits from said newcomers renting rooms. I mean, they even provide the incentive by adding a discount on prices if you're a guild member." Another, calmer man placated.

"Tch! A home is where the heart is! I'm not going to do such a stupid quest! It's stupid! Stupid, I say!"

"Yes, yes, all right. Your little den under the archway by the guild building is your home. Your heart is definitely there." The calm man gently rubbed Gillian's back, speaking in a smooth tone.

"...Let's go and do Night Watch! They even have fires to keep you warm!"

"Sure, sure."

The two men left with some other people who seemed to be part of their group, leaving the noticeboard clear of anyone. Thinking about what had been said, Liana pulled out the room key she owned and headed to the guild receptionist desks.

Reaching the receptionist desk, Liana placed her room key on the desk and said in a detached tone: "This is the key to the room I am renting at the tavern. They noted my name and guild membership down when I booked the room. I have already slept on the bed in that room. I heard there was a quest to find a place to sleep. I believe I have achieved that."

She then gave the name of the maid who'd helped her book the room, as well as the room number.

[OOC: My Renting a room and assessing the situation ss in the freestyle rp thread shows that she has rented a room, so if the guild checked they'll find the evidence]
X
Everybody has to find a place to sleep I'm just glad yours isn't under the tavern floorboards.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
"So A Craftman's quest.", Adsall said while smiling. A simple flare was easy enough. Using his expertise, he easily devised a suitable shape for the flare. It was cylindrical with the trigger at the bottom. This was so an adventurer could easily activate it even if they're in danger. If they were immobilised they could bring out the flare and smash it against the ground, activating the trigger. As for the source of the light, Adsall settled with using the glowing mana stones used in the nearby river. He learnt about their uses by chance when talking to a fellow scholar named Daminus. It was found that by inserting mana into these glow stones, they would become brittle and if they broke they would create a bright light. Over a period of weeks, with Daminu's help. He was able to make it so that when the crystals were broken, it would shoot a bright ball of light into the air, before exploding in a shade of bright blue. Adsall decided to try and sell these at the market, but with the demand becoming so high and Adsall's inability to keep up with consumer demand. Adsall decided it'd be better for the guild to produce the flares as well. As an adventurer's safety was much more important than money.
OOC: @GM this could lead to a new level 1 quest requiring magic users to simply insert their magic into the mana glowstones.
Well done, looks like we have a new way to make flares.
  • EXP: 50
  • Money: 30G

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
I visited the dude in his room. He said he was innocent, he didn't cheat on her. There was a knock on the door. It was a hooker.
I left.
Well that was short.
EXP: 30

Last edited:

Epsil

Gather Materials: Lumber
Sponsor:
Nene
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Cut Down a Large Tree that is good for construction work.
  • Chop it into pieces that are small enough to be stored with some ease, but still big enough to be turned into furniture.
  • Bring it to the orphanage.
Description: Many of the orphanage parts are breaking down, going from windows all the way to the floor. While a complete repair of the building is too far-fetched right now, we would like to at least have enough materials to make furniture that could last for a few years.
Rewards:
  • Exp: 75
"So they need wood first.", Adsall thought to himself. "A Large tree... that's going to be quite a challenge."
Exploring around town, Adsall eventually found the lumber mill. He negotiated and hired the lumber team for the price of 30G as well as offering to repair their axes for free. We went and found a large tree by the edge of the forest, and chopped it down. It took us about 4 hours to fill 4 carts worth of big logs. They helped me transport it to the orphanage, which was nice of them.

• Money: 0G
OOC: I assume that you used the reward money to pay the lumber team.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
"So they need wood first.", Adsall thought to himself. "A Large tree... that's going to be quite a challenge."
Exploring around town, Adsall eventually found the lumber mill. He negotiated and hired the lumber team for the price of 30G as well as offering to repair their axes for free. We went and found a large tree by the edge of the forest, and chopped it down. It took us about 4 hours to fill 4 carts worth of big logs. They helped me transport it to the orphanage, which was nice of them.

• Money: 0G
OOC: I assume that you used the reward money to pay the lumber team.

Last edited:
Kitchen Quest Pt.1: Amongst the fires of sustenance
> > >
Cooking Rations
Objectives:
  • Visit the guild kitchens.
  • Cook 40 satisfactory rations.
The guild stockpiles on rations in case of emergency.
Rations are foods that are easily preserved and can store for a long time.
The Adventurer's Guild provides the ingredients, and there is an easy recipe to follow.
One ration is one day's worth of food.
Rewards:
  • Other: 5 rations
    • Permission to use guild kitchens
> > >

The man that dressed as a blacksmith rather than a knight entered the guild. He looked to have shaven recently but a stubble could be seen, still it was a pleasant cleanliness compare to the previous soot and ash covered visage. Even his leather apron was clean and untouched by the scars of coal and iron.

Silently, he handed in his report.

Greeting Guild Officer,

I come here to day to contribute to the great cause of the Scribel City emergency services, I deliver unto thee, 40 units of emergency rations. The toil of the kitchen was not as harsh as I imagined, much like the art of the forge, it was a matter of patience and process.

I hope you find the rations meeting your standards. My cooking prowess have marginally improved from the experience and although in the few days I spent at the kitchens the recipe had been a great puzzle I only partially solved.

The quest posed the question, "satisfactory rations" so I did as commanded make satisfying rations, Amongst the items that come in a standard recipe ration, the biscuit was most enduring in its density, I had took the library of increasing the amount of oil used and adjusted the salt content, this added a small amount of crumbliness and crisp to the finished product.

However the remaining item I have yet to find a solution for. But after mastering the biscuit. without realizing I had create 40 rations, thus I have come to turn it in. But I do not believe making satisfactory rations is out of my reach currently I am only able to make standard rations with a better biscuit. I will not rest on these laurels, I will challenge this quest again. I remain.

The culinary researcher of Scribel
Zorion Orti

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Kitchen Quest Pt.1: Amongst the fires of sustenance
> > >
Cooking Rations
Objectives:
The Adventurer's Guild provides the ingredients, and there is an easy recipe to follow.
Rewards:
> > >

The man that dressed as a blacksmith rather than a knight entered the guild. He looked to have shaven recently but a stubble could be seen, still it was a pleasant cleanliness compare to the previous soot and ash covered visage. Even his leather apron was clean and untouched by the scars of coal and iron.

Silently, he handed in his report.

Greeting Guild Officer,

I come here to day to contribute to the great cause of the Scribel City emergency services, I deliver unto thee, 40 units of emergency rations. The toil of the kitchen was not as harsh as I imagined, much like the art of the forge, it was a matter of patience and process.

I hope you find the rations meeting your standards. My cooking prowess have marginally improved from the experience and although in the few days I spent at the kitchens the recipe had been a great puzzle I only partially solved.

The quest posed the question, "satisfactory rations" so I did as commanded make satisfying rations, Amongst the items that come in a standard recipe ration, the biscuit was most enduring in its density, I had took the library of increasing the amount of oil used and adjusted the salt content, this added a small amount of crumbliness and crisp to the finished product.

However the remaining item I have yet to find a solution for. But after mastering the biscuit. without realizing I had create 40 rations, thus I have come to turn it in. But I do not believe making satisfactory rations is out of my reach currently I am only able to make standard rations with a better biscuit. I will not rest on these laurels, I will challenge this quest again. I remain.

The culinary researcher of Scribel
Zorion Orti
The ration quest is very popular as usual.

Last edited:
Kitchen Quest Pt.2: The Sweetest nectar
> > >
Cooking Rations
Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >

It was a few days later, Zorion again entered the guild, this time he walk with a fragrant, smelling of smoke and honey, many in the guild hall felt pangs of hunger.

Greeting Guild Officer,

I have found the key that will make will improve the emergency ration's satisfactory rating drastically. The dried meat, that stringy lump of salt and smoke, even if the flavouring was fine, the texture, the tough as leather texture of the meat leave many consumers' jaw slack and tired.

But I found it the cure for the flavor and the hardness. Before smoking the meat, I marinated it in a sweet solution. While honey and sugar is a luxury hard to come-by, a common alcohol that carries tinges of sweetness was not so rare, and the guild kitchen happened to have a few barrels in store.

Mead.

In the end the mead cured smoked meat was still chewy, so I applied the skills as a blacksmith apprentice to the task at hand, I pounding the meat with blunt end of a cleaver until it succumbed to softness I demanded. With the toughness and flavour of the dried meat brought to the very nature of a satisfying meal, I come here to deliver 40 almost perfected satisfactory ration.

Its strange, my master who taught me next to nothing about fighting, cooking he ensured I knew as much as he did, all to ensure, I make as best a meal for him as possible. I guess no matter how betrayed I feel I could at least thank him for that.

I remain.

A gastronomic investigator
Zorion Orti

Epsil

Kitchen Quest Pt.2: The Sweetest nectar
> > >
Cooking Rations
Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >

It was a few days later, Zorion again entered the guild, this time he walk with a fragrant, smelling of smoke and honey, many in the guild hall felt pangs of hunger.

Greeting Guild Officer,

I have found the key that will make will improve the emergency ration's satisfactory rating drastically. The dried meat, that stringy lump of salt and smoke, even if the flavouring was fine, the texture, the tough as leather texture of the meat leave many consumers' jaw slack and tired.

But I found it the cure for the flavor and the hardness. Before smoking the meat, I marinated it in a sweet solution. While honey and sugar is a luxury hard to come-by, a common alcohol that carries tinges of sweetness was not so rare, and the guild kitchen happened to have a few barrels in store.

Mead.

In the end the mead cured smoked meat was still chewy, so I applied the skills as a blacksmith apprentice to the task at hand, I pounding the meat with blunt end of a cleaver until it succumbed to softness I demanded. With the toughness and flavour of the dried meat brought to the very nature of a satisfying meal, I come here to deliver 40 almost perfected satisfactory ration.

Its strange, my master who taught me next to nothing about fighting, cooking he ensured I knew as much as he did, all to ensure, I make as best a meal for him as possible. I guess no matter how betrayed I feel I could at least thank him for that.

I remain.

A gastronomic investigator
Zorion Orti
Sounds tasty~ Maybe I should try making some.
Rewards:
  • 40 EXP
  • 10 G
  • 5 rations

Epsil

Craft Furniture (Repeatable)
Sponsor:
Nene
Required Level: 1
Other Requirements: "Gather Materials: Lumber" needs to be cleared first.
Objectives:
  • Craft some furniture to substitute the stuff that is breaking down in the orphanage.
Description: Many of the orphanage parts are breaking down, going from windows all the way to the floor. While a complete repair of the building is too far-fetched right now, we would like to at least repair the things that are on a terrible shape.
Feel free to use the materials already available at the orphanage to do so. If any other materials are needed, you may buy them and Nene will cover the costs.
However, if the material is too expensive, please contact Nene first so that she can issue a quest for the gathering of said material.

Rewards:
  • Exp: 90
Walking into the orphanage, Adsall noticed how desolate it was. It was full of broken furniture, broken walls, broken floors, broken windows. Even the door he entered through was broken. "I've got my work cut out for me." Adsall thought to himself. He'd work on repairing the floors and walls as well as the roof as they required the most work.

He needed some help though. He found the local builders, who agreed to help for 60G as there was a lot of damage. After a week the walls, floors, roof, and stairs were fixed. He couldn't do anything about the windows though as he didn't have glass.

However, there was still the issue of furniture. Since furniture building was pretty easy, he decided to instead write detailed instructions on how to build a simple : Table, Chair, Door, Cupboard, Book Shelf.

Adsall also decided to use his remaining silver and amethyst to make a symbol for the orphanage. Due to his limited resources, Adsall decided to use one of his iron shields and coat it with the silver. He drew a line separating the shield into 4 parts. In the top left he engraved in a knight on a horse, he made the knight's lance's head out of an amethyst shard. In the top right corner he engraved in a mage, whos wand had a amethyst shard engraved in it. On the bottom right he drew a castle. Putting an amethyst crystal into the watch tower. On the bottom left he drew a nun. He added the shard to the nun's necklace.

After hanging up his latest work, Adsall swiftly left.

A lot of quest have built up while I was away. :sweating_profusely:
Well done I'm sure the orphanage appreciates it.
  • Exp: 90

Last edited:

Himekawa

> > >
QUESTS EVALUATED
Hello? I just arrived and I'm lost!
Objectives:
  • Figure out where the heck you are.
  • Locate the Adventurer's Guild.
  • Survive your first day.
Arriving in a brand new world always comes with culture shock.
Come visit the Adventurer's Guild! We're experts on dealing with Otherworlders.
If we can't answer your questions, at least we can point you in the right direction!
You'll definitely survive your first day without a problem... probably!
Rewards:
> > >
'Curious. Who put this quest on the quest board? The quest had no monetary reward too. Are these for the new adventurer?'

When she noticed the new section of the quest, she was feeling mischievous. She took the first quest and began to write quest report.

Quest report:

hello, I just arrived and I'm lost
Adventurer guild location: scribel city, on the building where this quest is evaluated
survival of first day: true

> > >

Please Don't Starve (Together)
Objectives:
  • Find food.
  • Hope it is safe to eat.
  • Don't get diarrhea.
Have you ever wondered?
A cthulhu walks into the market and purchases a mysterious meat from a lizardman butcher.
Is it edible? Can you eat it? Will you die if you nibble on a piece?
I hope you're not too hungry...
Rewards:
> > >

The next one seemed pretty fun. She knew she only gave the evaluator work by doing this. Perhaps, in this one she could give her wisdom? But one glance at the quest board and anyone could see that they could get five days worth of food for one day of work. By the way, hers took 16 hours on the first day, and around 13 hours on the second. Also, for those who took the quest cooking ration: don't experiment if you don't know what you are doing.

Anyway, she wrote the quest report.

Quest report:

Please Don't Starve (Together)

Take the quest "cooking ration". You will be given five days worth of ration. The guild chef vetted the quality of the rations too, so you won't get diarrhea (unless you are allergic or something).

Was that all? She could add to not try to eat the slime core as it was not a food.

> > >

Um, where can I get a toothbrush?
Objectives:
  • Realize that you are unable to maintain a routine from your old life.
  • Find a solution to get around it... or not.
The culture shock continues!
Do they sell bath soap here? Underwear?
What am I going to do without my quantum teleporter?
OMG, my mana-phone is going to run out of battery! :blob_upset:
Rewards:
> > >

The third quest answer was obviously do nothing, at least for her. Which routine did the quest issuer mean? She admit she hunted less recently, and she started doing something called questing.

so, another short quest report. She began to write:
Quest report:
Um, where can I get a toothbrush?
solution: no adjustment necessary.

> > >

I'm not homeless, am I?
Objectives:
  • Find somewhere to sleep.
:blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep:
Rewards:
> > >

Her experience with this quest varied. Now she had a waterproof backpack larger than her, she could just use it as a sleeping bag. Not that it was necessary, since it hadn't rained during the night yet. Anyway, she, like her lesser kin, could sleep everywhere and anywhere. So that was a non-issue? She slept on the rooftop, she slept on the forge yesterday, she slept on the kitchen once, she even found some abandoned house too, and sleep in the attic.

She wrote her quest report.

I'm not homeless, am I?
sleeping location: anywhere

Making a Friend™
Objectives:
  • Find somebody you can actually talk to without punching a friend!
  • Discover the wonderful magic of friendship! :blob_happy:
It's tough to be stuck in a strange universe far away from home.
It's even tougher if you're here without anybody you know.
Make a friend, and maybe things will get easier? :sweating_profusely:
Rewards:
> > >

This was the last and hardest quest. If she said that she has a mysterious voice in her head as friend, what would the evaluator say? split personality disorder? She knew she was what the human termed as bipolar, and she could switch them at will. But that was one of the disadvantages of what she called "Mode change". Okay, she had one receptionist acquintance/senior in the adventurer guild. Perhaps that lady could vouch for being her friend?

Perhaps, for this one she would just use the tried and true problem solving method, posting a quest.

Making a Friend
  • Sponsor: Meiko
Objectives:
  • Become meiko's friend
Meiko need a friend to solve the quest, "Making a friend". Be Meiko's friend.
Rewards:
> > >
For the time being, she guess she submitted those four first, and maybe submitted the fifth when someone wants to be a friend with her.

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Rank E Promotion Exam

Sponsor
Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Objectives
  • Survive for two weeks without any weapon except a knife.
  • Travel through Gem's Ravine and climb Bighorn Mountain.
  • Retrieve an egg from a Giant Kukuu Bird Nest.
  • Return to Scribel City with the egg intact.
Description
So you think you're strong enough to be Rank E? Pfft~ Don't get too cocky just because you've beaten up a few goblins with a fancy sword!

If you want to be Rank E, prove to me that you can survive in the wilderness without your precious weapons. I'll be confiscating those for safekeeping~ You can have a knife instead. Much of the world is wilderness and filled with monsters, so you won't survive for long if you can't handle a simple camping trip~! Of course, there will be monsters as you make your journey through Gem's Ravine. How will you handle them?
At the end of the canyon, please climb Bighorn Mountain. A colony of Giant Kukuu Birds make their nests close to the peak. Kukuu Birds are known to kidnap eggs from other species and raise them as their own, so you'll find all sorts of random creatures wandering the mountain. Please retrieve an egg from a Giant Kukuu Nest and escape with it. You better keep it intact, or else you fail!

Feeling confident yet? If you're not ready, come back and talk to me another day!
Reward
EXP:
Money:
50G
Items:
Rank E Certificate
Random Egg (it might hatch!)
Report - Solet' Luna
Some say that this quest is impossible, so the Guild Master decided to change some requirement. Others say that magic is a cheat and would make the test meaningless. I knew that Vicious just said that I'm taking too much of a risk, however, after getting ambushed by the Golden Rose, I realised that, without any preparation, I was as weak as a chicken, and would die to something as simple as a single stab from a poison-covered dagger. Without Solet, I am nothing without magic.

So, I've decided to partake this examination without using magic, any pieces of equipment, not even a knife, not a single bottle of potions, while still recovering from the previous injuries. I would like to try to simulate the previous struggle. If not for my weak constitution, I would have applied the same poison to myself, just to test my own limit.

In the middle of the night, I set off, cloaking in a plain brown robe, not telling anyone about anything. Although it might make Vicious and others worried about me, I wouldn't allow anything to go wrong, such as another ambush from the Golden Rose, or someone trying to stop me from doing this 'training'.

"Drop me near the northern forest, the closest place to the Gem's Ravine." With that sentence, the rider turned to look at me deep into the eyes. I stared back at him. Although the cloaked was concealing my feature, I was sure that he flinched at the dull look in my eyes. I was dead-serious, and he respected my request, not asking anything and slowly drove the horses.

As I watched the carriage departed, I was left alone in the middle of the road, knowing full well that the night was still young, and most predators would take this opportunity to go hunt some preys. Without any hesitation, I walked alone, into the darkness that was the northern forest. Without any witnesses, without any trails.

The first night was as one expected, sleepless and long. Although it was bad, I felt at peace, knowing that the next would be progressively harder, as I got closer and closer to the deadly Ravine. I did not research any of the wildlife here, and to make it harder for me, I also played a little trick so that Solet would fall asleep for a while. He would surely object this quest and held me back, so I had no choice but to drug him.

Sure enough, I quickly encountered my first problem. In the restless wood, I could not start the fire, in order to not be the centre of attention. However, I could not see well in the dark, and before I knew it, a pack of dire wolves had already surrounded me. Their howls echoed the forest, inserting their dominant as they moved in a circular motion, trying to confuse me.

In my hand, there were only two things. A piece of stick that I had sharpened, and a sharp rock that I found. Everything seemed to be yelling at me to accept my fate as a weakling and to use magic to save myself. However, I would never yield to such provocation. I lowered my body and stood in a combat stance, extending one of my hand outwards while pulling the other closer.

Suddenly, a heavy groan exploded as one of the wolves jumped towards me, bearing its fangs at my neck. I closed my eyes and focused everything at my sense of hearing. With one side step, I spun around and used my stick to stab its passing back. My other hand also grabbed its head and tried my best to flung it to the other side.

As it could not withstand the force exerted on it, the stick broke and got stuck on the wolf's back, creating a huge cut from my flinging motion. I endured a sharp bite on my left leg as the other wolf took the opportunity to steal a part of my flesh. Strangely, that wolf did not continue to assault me but went back to gobble down its meat.

I felt an intense pain on my leg, threatening to give in and causing me to lose my balance. However, I could only scream soundlessly and keep battling with the pain as I rushed towards the injured wolf. The wolf laid against a tree as its breathing became weak and soft. The pool of blood emerged from its wound, causing the other wolves to divert their attention from me to the easier prey.

Still, without that stick, I would be dead meat, so I once again went into the feast of the wolves. Taking advantage of the first one to arrive at the dying wolf, I pulled out the stick and rolled backwards, trying to avoid any strike that might come. Although I did not get bitten again, my shoulder got scraped by the small rocks, cutting open various small wounds.

Feeling sore all over my body, I quickly ran as fast as I could and climb onto a sturdy-looking tree. I knew that these wolves would be coming to get me after that feast, and I did not have any more strength to fight them, without using magic that is. If these guys could climb the tree, then I guessed the world would be too unfair.

It was fortunate that my previous injuries did not reopen during the combat, but I also accumulated more injuries, and that was only the first night, not even the first 24 hours. I tightened my new wounds with a few vines and leaves I collected before sitting down and relaxed my mind.

After testing that the branch was strong enough to support my weight, I slowly closed my eyes and rested. Occasionally, the strange sounds of wildlife would cause me to open my eyes and surveyed the surrounding. I would never dare to fall asleep while being this defenceless. The sleepless night went on, and my mind gradually drifted into a drowsiness state. Nevertheless, I could not sleep because of the burning pain that would shock my mind awake every time I moved my legs.

As the sun approached from the horizon, I could hear a creaking noise, and before I knew it, the branch snapped in half and fell onto the ground, causing me to lose my balance and also injury my wrists. A very pathetic start of a new day. On the other hand, the pain extinguished my drowsiness, so that's a silver lining I guessed.

The wounds had already dried, so I did not have to be too alerted for any wandering wolves, and coupled with the time of the day, which most predators would be sleeping or hiding in their cave, I decided to walk on foot towards the Ravine. On the way, I spotted a group of goblins, but could easily avoid them by laying low and crawling through the bushes.

There might be a goblin settlement around here, so I decided to take a detour and that caused me a long time to safely navigate through the forest. Along the way, I picked up a few fruits that I remembered and ate it to push back my hunger, although I hadn't eaten yet for the day, I believed that I could still carry on and tried to hunt some wildlife.

Knowing almost nothing about traps and hunting, I could barely set a lure trap for ordinary wildlife like rabbits. In the end, after so many fails, I managed to have two rabbits for the day. Thankfully, I knew enough about their body structure that I could easily dissect them with my sharpened stone and stick.

The same stone also helped me lighting the bonfire, which was harder than I expected, spending almost the same amount of time as hunting the rabbits. The taste of its meat was not that great, coupled with the taste of dirt and weeds, it was barely edible. I refused to drink blood and could only use them as a lure to divert the deadly predators away from my camp.

Before dusk, I spent time joining the sturdiest vines I could find together, forming a portable bed, and scattered the useless meats and organs on the faraway places from my camping site. Hanging the vines on two trees, I covered both myself and the ground below me with leaves, in case I fell again. And like that, another sleepless night went by.

The next day passed by in a flash, and before long, I've arrived at the Gem's Ravine. It was beautiful, filled with greenery I had never seen before. However, knowing my condition, I probably shouldn't be admiring nature.

Good news, I found a desolated cave, probably abandoned by a large beast that had moved away from this small ravine. If nothing unexpected happened, then this night, I would be able to taste the sweetness of sleep and dream. My body trembled under the prospect of good night sleep, and I quickly went out to hunt and bring back more woods and leaves.

Thankfully, there was a river nearby, meaning that I got lucky and had fish to eat. With a couple of berries and two fish, I got full very swiftly. After doing the same routine, I went into the cave. Before sleep, I once again surveyed the inner part to make sure that there was nothing other than me in it.

Bad news, the next morning, I felt slightly sick and had a low fever. the days of non-stop rush had finally taken a toll on my body. Not just that, but the previous illness had also faired up. If I continued to use my magic, I would really pass out. Just like that, the difficulty of the quest took another twist.

After one night of sleep, a plan began to form in my head, and I set off to the Bighorn Mountain. Although there was no serious danger, my speed still fell due to my illness and injuries. Nevertheless, as I walked along the river, the food source was endless and I did not have to waste any effort to hunt the already dwindling animals.

I did encounter some monsters, but they were no match for my spear-like sharp stick and my knowledge of CQC. However, once they realised that I'm a hard prey, they quickly scattered, causing me to acquire only two cores of the River Foxes, as I called them. Their fur had the colour of the river, and they could switch between travelling in the river and land effortlessly, making their escape impossible to obstruct.

The journey towards the foot of the Bighorn Mountain took about 4 days. It had been a week since I had left the city, halfway towards the end. Also, it had begun to rain. Although it had not developed into a flood, it had caused my fever to worsen and slowed down my speed even more. In the end, I spent a whole day treating my injuries and resting in a cave without doing anything, just to prepare for the climbing of the mountain.

Along the way, I had crafted myself a simple walking cane, as my injured leg should not be bearing all of my weight all the time. If anything, I feared that I would not be able to run when I must.

The next day was to scout the surrounding area and prepare food and fruits, as well as making some vine ropes and the like. I found a gigantic tree that had leaves and flowers bigger than my entire body, so I used my spear to cut it and made a natural umbrella. The pinkish petal looked too eye-catching so the green leaf became my first choice.

Climbing the deserted mountain was easy, as most of the predators and monsters did not like any steep mountain. The Bighorn Mountain, just like its name, had a shape resembling an enormous horn, had an extremely steep slope, without any easy way to walk up. Thankfully, I used my vine ropes to help to balance myself and slowly climb the mountain.

The first night on the mountain was horrible. There was no cave or any big crack to comfortably sleep in. In the end, I used my vine ropes to hang myself with the portable bed and sleep high, barely surviving the cold wind, and hundreds of meters above the ground. When a strange vulture-like giant bird attacked, I slipped and fell out of my bed, dropping out from the crack. My hand grabbed onto one of the spiky rock, holding on with all my might.

Even though the pain was unbearable and the rock had pierced into my skin, I refused to let go and used another hand to grab the bird's beak and pulled it closer. As my anger intensified, I looked into the panic eyes of that bird and sunk my teeth onto its eyelids, determined to blind the thing that almost killed me.

The blood tasted sweet and metallic. If not for its horribly nasty smell, I would have thought I ate a pack of sweet candies. The bird flinched in pain, causing my hand that grabbed onto its beak to slip. After regaining its freedom, the bird snapped onto my other hand and bit onto it. Its corpse-eating teeth sunk on my wound, reopening it. The numbing sensation caused my injured hand to loosen, and I began to fall.

Just like that, the bird lost its eye. It cried out loud before flying away. If not for my safety vines net, I would have already been on my way to visit my parents. The next hour was spending on vomiting the blood, the remainder of its eye and climbing up. I couldn't risk sleeping in the same spot, as I didn't know whether that bird would return with its group or not.

It was my carelessness that almost cost me my life. I thought that, because of the heavy rain, no birds would be out in the open. However, this mountain was not normal, so common senses might not apply.

The climbing took me an additional 2 days. The rain had finally stopped, and my fever had stabilized. It had gotten worse, but not to the point I couldn't walk, so I just continued on. The reopening wounds on my hand were a problem tho. My fighting ability dropped drastically, making me reconsidered my plan. If I delayed any further, the wounds, soaked in water, would surely rot.

So, with everything considered, I went to place all the meat and corpses I had gathered before planting the cores of the river foxes I acquired. By pulling some tricks, I managed to lure the two outermost Kukuu Birds out of its nest. And by throwing the last core of river fox into the group of Kukuu Birds, disguised it as an egg, the Birds began to circle it and cried out in various noises.

As the rest of the birds got distracted, I threw my spared sharpened stick, stabbing into one of the baby bird, and with my vine rope attached to it, I manipulated the remain of the bird to another nest. The high-pitch cried of the babies got overwhelmed by the cries of those big birds, making it inaudible. After repeating my cruel method for a few times, the two birds came back, and hell broke lost.

As one of their babies disappeared, the birds went into a frenzy, and after finding the corpse in one of the other bird's nest, they began fighting, not knowing that one of the egg had disappeared among the chaos. As for that stick, I had buried it in fear of the birds finding the blood scent and my scent.

On the way back, the strange vulture-like birds attacked again. This time, however, I was prepared. As a result, although their claws left me 3 terrifying scars on my back, that meat I got to eat three birds. They tasted like rotten corpses, only their eyes were sweet. I'm getting afraid of myself enjoying the adrenaline when faced with a certain near-death situation... Even the previous blood that caused me to vomit did not seem so bad now... The worst moment was when the birds almost successfully stole my egg. That bird got my spear stuck in it and curved open a big hole, spilling out blood onto me. I almost could not stop myself from licking them on my lips.

The downwards journey took about 3 days. My condition had somewhat improved, or was it just my pain tolerance and mind just getting used to it?

Back to the Ravine, the river looked too tempting to take a bath, however, before I could get close to it, I noticed that a group of fish was twisting in the river before stopped in their track, flowing up and remained still. The burnt meat smell filled the air, causing my mouth to turn watery. Thankfully, I had a few dried corpse-eating bird meat in my vine backpack, and with just one bite, I lost all my appetite.

Looking at myself, the bloody, dirty, wound-filled appearance must have scared away all the ordinary wildlife. Even the smell was somewhat unbearable. However, staring back at the death of the fish, I decided to not risk and walk along the river instead, not taking a bath.

As expected, the river foxes were still there, and their number had increased, too. Sighing, I placed my egg down before wielding my spear, walking towards them with my dead-like eyes staring at them without blinking. Strangely, they howled softly before slowly retreated back into the river. Unfortunately, once they touched the water, their body contorted and fell motionlessly, dying by an unknown cause.

Desperate, the river foxes decided to make a suicide move and fought me. Whenever they jumped towards me, I would stab my spear forwards, passing through their mouth and piercing into their brain. They died instantly. However, once one died, another took their position and rushed forwards...

Tens against one. It took a whole hour and a half before I could finish the last of them. I broke my spear and had to kill the last 3 of them with my stone dagger. The wounded hand felt numb all over, and my entire body felt sore, turning pale as if I was dying. Despite the exhaustion, I picked up my egg and slowly strolled towards the safe point I discovered. It took another hour before I barely maintained my consciousness.

Hastily covered up the entrance, I fell into the slumber. In the dream, it was like I was someone else, I watched as my body, foreign to myself, moved and interacted with strangers I knew nothing about, but somehow felt a similar sensation. The language was nothing like I knew. It was even more complicated and mystical than the demon language.

My hand looked exceptionally pale, and on them were countless accessories, glittering in the golden light of beauty and wealth. I could feel the air of elegance in the atmosphere, as if I was in an imperial castle, exclusive for the royalty and the great existences. Before I woke up, the last vision was when I was about to stand up, waiting for the main attraction of the event to arrive.

The dream was strange, but I felt refreshed when I woke up, so I put it back and started heading back again. Exiting the Ravine, I encountered nothing except some ordinary wildlife. They got scared by my appearance and caused me no trouble, even the goblins did not dare to mess with me and backed out from my path.

However, just when I came out of the northern forest and walked onto the street, I heard a few laughter echoed around me, coupled with a series of footsteps surrounding me, I knew that things were getting worse. This looked like one of the worst things to have happened to me.

Five cloaked figures circled around me, revealing nothing but a mocking sneer as they looked at my crappy appearance. However, their eyes were sharp and focused, unlike the previous three, which I assumed were just ordinary mooks.

"Solet' Luna... So it was true that you accepted the E rank mission. Your disappearance had caused us quite a problem... However, since you are here, then just die in the forest quietly, okay?" Once his sentence ended, the man disappeared abruptly before flashing in front of me, swinging his sword downwards at me. His speed was a lot faster than the previous swordman.

However, to me, who had enough of everything, he was too slow. At that moment, I decided to use my sorcery, and created a small ice dagger in my hand and stabbed towards the swordman. The precision and quickness of my sorcery surprised the swordsman, causing him to miss the block.

My dagger carved into his stomach. I watched his innard gushed out as my smile widened, revealing a joyful expression. It felt good to finally release the suppressed emotions once in a while.

The assassin snuck behind me and attempted to stab me, but I was prepared. As soon as he appeared behind me, the blood-soaked ground trembled as three icy spikes emerged from it, stabbing the man's legs. I turned my head and looked at him, before using my spear to take his life.

Unknowingly, my mastery over sorcery seemed to have increased again. However, the violent tendency also seemed to intensify...

Crouching behind the swordsman, I used him as a shield to block the arrows, saving me from three shots that finally did him in. My mind flared rapidly before I threw the man towards the archer and rolled to the side. A fireball engulfed the man and turned him into dust, leaving the archer and the mage stunned.

I threw my icy dagger at the mage, however, a strong shield came in my way and block it, causing it to shatter into countless shards, falling onto the ground and hurting the defender in the process.

Using my spear, I battled against this shield-wielder while dodging the arrows and the fireballs. The trio seemed so in sync that I almost had no room to breathe. Thankfully, I used the huge body of the shield-wielder as space to manoeuvre making it harder for the two other to help him.

Without any opening, I slowly retreated back before turning and running towards the forest. If I could enter the forest, then it was easy to lose them.

The trio also realised this, so they quickly rushed towards me. However, little did they know, they have fallen for my trap.

Turning back to witness the spectacle, I smiled wickedly and snapped my fingers, causing the ice shards on the ground to vibrate before exploding into a swamp of sharp ice needles. In an instant, the archer and the mage's body became like a sponge, full of holes for blood to leak out. They body limped, falling onto the ground lifelessly, struggling in pain before plunging into the darkness.

"Demon! You are a demon, an Ice Demon!"— The shield-wielder looked at me, his face paled. He screamed as if he had encountered a ghost and ran away. As he had disregarded everything, killing him was easy. Just one accurate throw of my spear pierced through his neck and dropped him down. The next half an hour was spent on trying to regulate my body, as using Mana caused the unknown illness to flare up.

I think the egg cracked a little bit, but it was okay. After looting everything, I was met with disappointment that nothing of value was found, only a couple G coins and some cheap potions. Oh, on the mage body, there was a card with Golden Rose on it. That would be interesting.

After bumping the corpses into the forest, I made my walk back to the city. It was hard trying to get past the guards, soaked in blood and dirt. However, in the end, I did it.

The entire journey took about 22 days. Previous injuries worsened. New injuries on the hands, the wrist, the back. A high fever. But, I survived, without anything, without anyone, I survived alone...

Last edited:

Euka

Quest - Evaluated
Preservation Times - Pt. 1

A dawn of a new day in the tavern. It's been settled the night before that I would be renting a room daily, the owner gave me a key so that no one could get into my room. I left my armor in the room along with my weapons since I decided not to go outside the city for awhile. Not like I have valuables in there, besides I always carry my satchel and sword with me, and my equipment is too heavy for a common thief to steal it. Well if one did manage to it, I'd be pissed but also impressed at their strength.

I've only been in the city for a few days but the tavern food sucks. I'm better off making my own food. With that thought in mind I head over to the Guild. As if a coincidence in fate, I found the quest that I just need.

> > >
Cooking Rations
Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >

I accepted the quest and head over to the local kitchen. As soon as I got there, I was met with a very plump woman holding a wooden spatula while wearing an apron with stains on it.

"*snort* Oho~ Who might you bee? *snort*

"....."

Is she.... snorting? or trying to mimic a pig? Whatever, I think she'll be my boss for the day.

"Greetings Madam, I am Sir Reival. I have been tasked with assistance with the local cookery."

"*snort* Oho~ An uncommon tongue ehh? *snort* Doesn't matter, help is always welcome. Anyways I'm Nana, one of the cooks in the house.*snort*"

That snorting might bug me in the future. I have to endure it until the end of the job as to not to be rude to her. After the brief introductions, I was told to prepare the meat for drying and I did as was told. Majority of the task given to me were preparations such as washing the vegetables and removing the guts on fishes, etc. Everything was going smoothly until I was told to start cooking meat.

"*snort* One of use apparently got sick and couldn't come, so I need you to fill the cooking station and cook the meat.*snort*"

Now to be honest, I've never cooked before. My mom was usually the one cooking in my adolescent years. The most recent thing I remember about cooking was my father gutting the hunted score for my mother to cook, I mostly watched it all as a kid. I don't even have the faintest idea on how to cook, but a job is a job.

I manned the cooking station and infront of me was a large stone slab supported by two stone pillars with a space in between, it must be where the firewood is placed for heat. The stone stove was already being heated up and there are slabs of meat. I picked one up and placed it on the stone slab I could hear it sizzle as smoke rise out of it. After passing some time, I grabbed a wooden spatula to turn it over, but my meat was stuck onto the slab. Nana came in and screamed at me.

"*Pyuggieeee* What are you doing?!"

I swear that sounded like a pig screaming.

She grabbed a bottle and poured a liquid on top of the meat, shortly after she easily turned the meat over.

"*snort* What were you doing? Don't you know how to cook?*snort*"

"Ahh.. uhh.. Nay Madam."

I could only answer as such and I could feel as if she became a little annoyed.

"*snort* It can't be helped then. *snort* Listen, you use the oil on the slab so that anything on it doesn't stick. Don't let the stone dry. *snort*"

She passed the bottle of oil to me

"*snort* Oh right, don't forget to season it with salt and make sure it doesn't get too burned.*snort* Cook as many as you can. I'll come back to tell you when it's over.*snort* "

Such a vague task, still I don't have a choice. I followed her instructions and cooked as many meat as I can possible. Sometime passed and meat was already piling up near me when Nana came in. She seemed satisfied with the amount I've cooked.

"*snort* Not bad, some of them are overcooked but that's fine, they're for something later anyway. You're done for the day, you can go.*snort*"

I left the kitchen to file my report. It was already midday when this was over. I should try those salmun for lunch that Felicia told me before.

Greetings to you Guild

I have partaken in the task of making provisions for case of dire times. Instructions provided to me were followed until such so that I have been relieved of my task. I hope that I have much a satisfactory performance.

At service to you, Lancer Reival

Quest Evaluated - Evaluation Report

Quest pt. 2

Last edited: