Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
Find evidence of my cheating boyfriend!!!
Sponsor: Apprentice Chef, AdeleLocation: Scribel CityRequired Level: 1
Objectives
  • Find evidence of City Guard Clive cheating on his girlfriend with his female colleagues
  • (optional) Punish the cheating scum
My scummy boyfriend has been constantly out of the house at night 'working' on the Night Watch duty! I've heard some of his colleagues joking about how my Clive was getting along really well with some female guards he was paired with on duty!
I need someone to find evidence of his cheating acts at once!
Rewards
Exp: 20(30)Money: 10G(20G)

X
Well I saw an interesting quest about whether a city guard is cheating or not. And the best way to verify it is to get myself on night watch and see if he makes a move on me! Details about the night watch in a separate report.

The day of, I went to the captain in charge of night watch duty and requested to be paired up with Clive. The captain looked at me funny, muttered something about "weird tastes," but agreed. I want to make it clear though, that just because I eat many things other people don't view on food doesn't mean I have weird tastes. It's you all that have weird tastes!

Anyhow, night watch time came and we were standing there. There was a peaceful silence, while I stroked my cat Karyl. Karyl hissed at me menacingly and pounced away, but then came back a few minutes later for me to pet. She's always been a tsundere. While I was looking out for potential threats while playing with Karyl, Clive eventually interrupted the peaceful atmosphere and began talking to me. He started with general pleasantries, which I responded in kind.

Eventually, Clive started complaining about night watch, and how he can't do anything fun. He mentioned a lot about a certain Adele, who if I remember is the client. Like how at night how Adele... Well maybe I shouldn't put the details in the report...

Anyhow, after the passionate, if not disturbingly detailed, speech about Adele, he then asked me how I was feeling about this whole night watch business

I replied, "Well, its a job. Lot safer and more relaxing than going out hunting monsters. A good change of pace to do occasionally. Besides, I can actually be with Kyaru-chan all the time~☆"

"Kyaru-chan?"

I held up the cat in my arms in response, even though Karyl hissed at me and started struggling.

Clive asked, "Didn't you tell me that the cat is called Karyl?"

"Well, yes, but Kyaru-chan sounds so much cuter~☆"

"So you don't feel scared of the night or the scary monsters that come out?"

I looked at him, confused. "No? Or rather I welcome them. It's always nice when your dinner comes at you instead of having to chase after it."

Clive muttered, "What's up with the women these days... Anyways, if ever are scared, you can always rely on me!"

That last part accompanied by a wink constitutes attempted flirting right?

As I continued petting Karyl, Clive slowly but surely began to inch closer to me. I pretended to not notice and continued to watch the surroundings.

Eventually, he got close enough that I could feel him, so I had to ask, "What are you getting so close?"

"I was feeling cold and was trying to get warm," he laughed nervously.

"Ah, well let's move closer to the fire then."

After that, he was at a respectable distance for an hour or so, but then began getting close to me again.

He asked, "Can I hold the cat for a while?"

"Sure, if you don't mind potentially getting bitten and scratched at."

He came over and accidentally? fell on me in the attempts to grab the cat. As expected, Karyl did not appreciate being squished and clawed her way out between us. I had to patch him up on the spot to stop the bleeding.

Later we just spent the time talking about random things, until he started to subtly imply that he was free and kept subtly trying to invite me over for fun later. Yep, definitely guilty then.

And thus, I prepared my punishment. PecoPeco's extra spicy onigiri! I began to nom on it, and after eating about most of it, I casually asked if he wanted the rest.

He very enthusiastically agreed to it, muttering something about indirect kiss or something. He at the entire thing, swallowed it... and began screaming for water. Punishment, success~☆.

After guzzling down cold water, he asked me, "How in the blazes could you eat that without any problems?"

Acting innocent, I replied, "What do you mean, it was only slightly spicy~☆"

After that, he stopped trying to get so close to me.

Eventually, when the first slime came over, he excitedly told me to stand back while he'll handle the scary monster. I told him that that was my dinner and beat him to it.

When I picked up the slime, he panicked and yelled, "Drop that now! Do you know how corrosive they are!"

Without further ado, I proceeded to eat the slime. Yup, tasted just the same as last time. Delicious, slightly sweet, and very sour.

Clive gave me looked like I was some monster and gave me a wide berth after that. That was very inconsiderate of him. Those slimes are tasty! Hope he cherishes his relationship with Adele, since he isn't getting any girlfriends with that attitude. Except after I report his cheating I wonder what Adele would do...

By the time the spider came around, he was absolutely horrified when I proceeded to roast it over the fire, and when I offered him a bite, he just fled.

So yes indeed, Clive is a cheating scum, even though he does seem to like Adele. Adele, you might want to consider finding another person if polygamy is not to your tastes.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Well I saw an interesting quest about whether a city guard is cheating or not. And the best way to verify it is to get myself on night watch and see if he makes a move on me! Details about the night watch in a separate report.

The day of, I went to the captain in charge of night watch duty and requested to be paired up with Clive. The captain looked at me funny, muttered something about "weird tastes," but agreed. I want to make it clear though, that just because I eat many things other people don't view on food doesn't mean I have weird tastes. It's you all that have weird tastes!

Anyhow, night watch time came and we were standing there. There was a peaceful silence, while I stroked my cat Karyl. Karyl hissed at me menacingly and pounced away, but then came back a few minutes later for me to pet. She's always been a tsundere. While I was looking out for potential threats while playing with Karyl, Clive eventually interrupted the peaceful atmosphere and began talking to me. He started with general pleasantries, which I responded in kind.

Eventually, Clive started complaining about night watch, and how he can't do anything fun. He mentioned a lot about a certain Adele, who if I remember is the client. Like how at night how Adele... Well maybe I shouldn't put the details in the report...

Anyhow, after the passionate, if not disturbingly detailed, speech about Adele, he then asked me how I was feeling about this whole night watch business

I replied, "Well, its a job. Lot safer and more relaxing than going out hunting monsters. A good change of pace to do occasionally. Besides, I can actually be with Kyaru-chan all the time~☆"

"Kyaru-chan?"

I held up the cat in my arms in response, even though Karyl hissed at me and started struggling.

Clive asked, "Didn't you tell me that the cat is called Karyl?"

"Well, yes, but Kyaru-chan sounds so much cuter~☆"

"So you don't feel scared of the night or the scary monsters that come out?"

I looked at him, confused. "No? Or rather I welcome them. It's always nice when your dinner comes at you instead of having to chase after it."

Clive muttered, "What's up with the women these days... Anyways, if ever are scared, you can always rely on me!"

That last part accompanied by a wink constitutes attempted flirting right?

As I continued petting Karyl, Clive slowly but surely began to inch closer to me. I pretended to not notice and continued to watch the surroundings.

Eventually, he got close enough that I could feel him, so I had to ask, "What are you getting so close?"

"I was feeling cold and was trying to get warm," he laughed nervously.

"Ah, well let's move closer to the fire then."

After that, he was at a respectable distance for an hour or so, but then began getting close to me again.

He asked, "Can I hold the cat for a while?"

"Sure, if you don't mind potentially getting bitten and scratched at."

He came over and accidentally? fell on me in the attempts to grab the cat. As expected, Karyl did not appreciate being squished and clawed her way out between us. I had to patch him up on the spot to stop the bleeding.

Later we just spent the time talking about random things, until he started to subtly imply that he was free and kept subtly trying to invite me over for fun later. Yep, definitely guilty then.

And thus, I prepared my punishment. PecoPeco's extra spicy onigiri! I began to nom on it, and after eating about most of it, I casually asked if he wanted the rest.

He very enthusiastically agreed to it, muttering something about indirect kiss or something. He at the entire thing, swallowed it... and began screaming for water. Punishment, success~☆.

After guzzling down cold water, he asked me, "How in the blazes could you eat that without any problems?"

Acting innocent, I replied, "What do you mean, it was only slightly spicy~☆"

After that, he stopped trying to get so close to me.

Eventually, when the first slime came over, he excitedly told me to stand back while he'll handle the scary monster. I told him that that was my dinner and beat him to it.

When I picked up the slime, he panicked and yelled, "Drop that now! Do you know how corrosive they are!"

Without further ado, I proceeded to eat the slime. Yup, tasted just the same as last time. Delicious, slightly sweet, and very sour.

Clive gave me looked like I was some monster and gave me a wide berth after that. That was very inconsiderate of him. Those slimes are tasty! Hope he cherishes his relationship with Adele, since he isn't getting any girlfriends with that attitude. Except after I report his cheating I wonder what Adele would do...

By the time the spider came around, he was absolutely horrified when I proceeded to roast it over the fire, and when I offered him a bite, he just fled.

So yes indeed, Clive is a cheating scum, even though he does seem to like Adele. Adele, you might want to consider finding another person if polygamy is not to your tastes.
... I'll go inform your client about the details of your report.
Exp: 30Money: 20G
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been evaluated.

Last edited:

Silver

Prison Guard Duty
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Night Watch
  • Spend a shift guarding a prisoner.
  • Do not let the prisoner to escape.
When vagrants break the law, they are sent to prison.
If they're found guilty, they could be hanged for their crimes.
Guarding them shouldn't be too difficult...
Well, as long as nothing goes wrong.
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
  • Other: n/a
Name: Cassel
Level: 2
Going back to the prison, he was greeted by the same sight he had last time. With less screaming this time, it seemed like those who were crying for their friends last night were dragged away somewhere else after his previous shift.

With the night being more or less silent. He patrolled the prison and watched for anything to happen But, with the cages being of solid build and the guards watching over the outside nothing happened.

So after he traded shifts with another guard. He dropped his report to the guild and headed back to the dorm.
Summary:
  • Watched over prisoners
  • Nothing happened during his shift

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Not feeling tired from the day in the sewers, Liana strolled around the city - feeling more energised the darker the sky became. As she strolled along, she heard a group of men dressed in uniformed armour mentioning about there being a lack of people to help keep watch through the night. Being the generous and kind person she was, Liana went up to them and smiled:

"You need some help keeping watch at night? If it's okay, I'm willing to. I'd be idling away, if not."

The three guards looked at her, then looked at each other, before the oldest looking one stepped forward.

"Doing the Night Watch isn't a spring breeze, you know? You have to watch out for monsters, vagabonds and criminals; sound the alarm if there's an attack; must stay awake all night and not leave your post for anything - even the toilet. Not to be rude, but you don't seem like the kind of girl who could do all of that."

He waved his hand at her, as if to move her away, before turning back to his companions and walking off. Feeling a little hurt at the guard's words, she pouted before catching up to him.

"I'm willing! I'm very willing! Didn't you say you needed someone? It's not as if I'll actually have to fight anyone, since I'll just sound the alarm. Or is it that you don't want to be one-upped by a woman?"

The guard blushed at Liana's last remark before hardening his face and waving at her again.

"Fine! You want to embarrass yourself? Then do it! Clive!"

"Yes sir!" The youngest looking of the guards straightened his posture as he saluted.

"I'll pair you with the little lady. Don't let her show you up!"

"Yes sir!"

With that, Clive guided Liana to their watch post and explained what to do for certain situations. Then night fell.

Standing at either end of the wall for their section, Clive and Liana were keeping watch on the outer city - looking out for any possible monster attacks. As the night went on, Clive began glancing at his companion while yawning his fatigue away.

"How are you not feeling tired? I hate doing the Night Watch. It's hard to see things, you can't drink any alcohol, it gets cold and you can't go home until dawn. It even messes with your sleeping schedule! My dear Adele at home! How she must be lonely without my body to keep her company!"

He actually started crying a little bit as he hugged his arms around himself. Liana's eyes glowed a dim reddish light from her gold irises - her face showing only a glimmer of emotion.

"...I actually think working at night is more relaxing for me. As for seeing things, I guess I just have better night vision than you."

"Eh? Really? Most girls I know feel scared of the night. Especially in this world. Ah, my family was sent over through the Gate by our Lord as a sign of good faith with the higher ups. My sweet Adele sneaked in with our group so she could be with me."

"...I see...Why are you standing so close to me?"

As they'd been talking, Clive had been slowly sidling up to her. Hearing her words, he paused and scratched the back of his head - a little embarrassed.

"I was feeling cold and was trying to get warm, he he he."

"...There's a fire on the other end for you to keep warm. Stick to your duties." Her eyes were cold as she moved away from him - always looking for any signs of unwanted activity.

"...You're right...I'll just...get back to my post, then..."

Just as he turned around to walk back, he felt his shoulder get pulled down and he fell on the floor. Looking around, he saw Liana crouched beside him while peering over the wall - an arrow was stuck and quivering on the wooden post that was right behind where Clive had just been standing. Seeing that, he gave a high-pitched scream before running away - leaving Liana on her own on the wall.

"..."

Moving to the wooden post, Liana rang the bell, alerting the rest of the guards to the goblins who had decided to attempt to raid the city with their grand total of 6...

After about 10 minutes, the goblins were subjugated and the guard captain reprimanded Clive for leaving his post.

"You lazy fool! You coward! You let such a meek girl show you up!"

"I'm sorry, Sir!"

Clive had tears in his eyes as he felt the shame and embarrassment of his actions. One of the other guards went up to him and patted him on the back while the guard captain walked up to Liana.

"Good job! At least you know how to ring a bell. I'll assign someone else to work the rest of the night with you, sending Clive was a poor choice." He sighed in exasperation. "Well, let's get back to our positions! The night won't watch itself!"

With that, everyone returned to their posts and resumed their work - Liana included. As the sun rose in the sky - signalling dawn - Liana's first Night Watch job ended with only the goblin skirmish and cowardly guard incident occurring.

Feeling more tired as the sun rose higher in the sky, Liana wrote up her report and handed it in to the place the guard captain directed her to so she could receive her payment.
@ohko

X
Good work! I'm happy to see that you're adapting to this new world already, Miss Liana!

It's amazing that you're so able to stay so calm! There aren't any goblins in the world that I come from, and I would be nervous if they attacked on my first night too! I think you're cool!

I wonder what happened to that other guard though. :blob_happy:

*stamps*

Reward:

FenrIIrz

> > >
Moonlight Water
  • Required Level: 4
Objectives:
  • Visit the forest during a full moon.
  • Locate the Moonlight Spring.
  • Collect 5 bottles of Moonlight Water.
Somewhere in the forest, there is a spring that glows under the light of the full moon. Supposedly, this water has improved healing properties.The guild would like you acquire some for our stockpile. Beware — it can be dangerous outside at night. Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G
> > >
I entered the guild with sweats dropping from my forehead. “Er… I - MayhaveburneddownapartofthrnorthernforestbecauseofsparksImadewithmylighningwhenIencounteralargespider.”
Sil got up into a sitting position on the ground. his stomach growled. He took out a ration and consumed it. He paused, looking at the dead arachnid and a spool of silk next to him. It was certain that Sil needed some medication as his blood leaking from his wounds.

“Yeah, I fought the spider.”

He closed His and thought. Did I forget to do something? What is it?

“Two words, there was an ‘o’... goblin, ooze? No, there was a ‘h’ there...herb?”

He couldn’t remember! Frustrated, He stood up and walked out of the area, gazing into the sky.

“Beautiful. Tonight is a full moon… motherfucker!”

Sil turned back and rushed deeper into the forest. He followed down the path with some destroyed and brunt trees. A memory that he had taken the quest at the guild finally come out.

He arrived at the small basin. The surrounding area was still covered with webs and burnt woods scattered around.

“Good thing that this spring didn’t get buried”. He took out five bottles and filled them with the glowing water from spring under the moonlight. After Sol got the water, he scooped up with my hand and drank it.

“That’s refreshing. Great. The wound is closing.” He looked around the area and sweatdropped. I’m screwed
Item:
Spool of spider silk (enough for making one shirt)
5 bottles of moonlight water

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
I entered the guild with sweats dropping from my forehead. “Er… I - MayhaveburneddownapartofthrnorthernforestbecauseofsparksImadewithmylighningwhenIencounteralargespider.”
Sol got up into a sitting position on the ground. his stomach growled. He took out a ration and consumed it. He paused, looking at the dead arachnid and a spool of silk next to him. It was certain that Sol needed some medication as his blood leaking from his wounds.

“Yeah, I fought the spider.”

He closed His and thought. Did I forget to do something? What is it?

“Two words, there was an ‘o’... goblin, ooze? No, there was a ‘h’ there...herb?”

He couldn’t remember! Frustrated, He stood up and walked out of the area, gazing into the sky.

“Beautiful. Tonight is a full moon… motherfucker!”

Sul turned back and rushed deeper into the forest. He followed down the path with some destroyed and brunt trees. A memory that he had taken the quest at the guild finally come out.

He arrived at the small basin. The surrounding area was still covered with webs and burnt woods scattered around.

“Good thing that this spring didn’t get buried”. He took out five bottles and filled them with the glowing water from spring under the moonlight. After Sol got the water, he scooped up with my hand and drank it.

“That’s refreshing. Great. The wound is closing.” He looked around the area and sweatdropped. I’m screwed
Item:
Spool of spider silk (enough for making one shirt)
5 bottles of moonlight water
We're going to have to deduct your pay for burning part of the forest.
  • Money: 5 G
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been evaluated.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Name: Cassel
Level: 2
Going back to the prison, he was greeted by the same sight he had last time. With less screaming this time, it seemed like those who were crying for their friends last night were dragged away somewhere else after his previous shift.

With the night being more or less silent. He patrolled the prison and watched for anything to happen But, with the cages being of solid build and the guards watching over the outside nothing happened.

So after he traded shifts with another guard. He dropped his report to the guild and headed back to the dorm.
Summary:
  • Watched over prisoners
  • Nothing happened during his shift
Well done as usual.

Last edited:

Bochi

> > >
Hostage Situation
  • Required Level: 6
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Missing Children OR
  • Prerequisite: Tracking the Thieves
  • Investigate the hostage situation.
  • Rescue the hostage.
The guild received a ransom note for a civilian who went missing a few days ago.We suspect that the civilian has been kidnapped by bandits.The notice asks for for 5000 G to be delivered to a remote location in the forest within 3 days.Can we trust you to handle this case before the deadline? Rewards:
  • Money: 30 G
> > >
"It's been settled. She's a little traumatized, but there should be no physical harm done. Her family should have a doctor check her just in case."

Vicious handed in the report, still dressed in nothing but burlap sacks. She also handed in two more things.

A letter, and a badge. The badge was that of a metallic rose painted gold.

"If you can, please wipe my name from the report. I already have enough on my hands dealing with demons."
For the operation, Vicious left everything of hers in her tavern room, going out with only the clothes on her back. She didn't even bring along a jacket or her bat for that matter. She'd even gone the length to fashion some rough 'clothes' from discarded burlap sacks and dressed herself as such, before leaving the city.

A certain quest from a while back had given her an inspiration, and she was about to test it out.

*****​

Vicious woke up in a cage.

Perfect.

She'd gone into the same forest that was specified in the request, then found a suitable tree deep enough to lean against, keeping her eyes closed but all the while with her other senses on high alert. She could hear someone approaching from a good distance away, and when he popped a large sack over her and started to tie it up, she didn't resist much. Just giving the bandit a few kicks that didn't really hurt but was definitely going to leave a sore spot afterwards.

After all, as far as a bandit was concerned, with her appearance and all, she was just a slave who had recently escaped from somewhere and was on her way to freedom. No one would care if she went missing.

What's this? They actually remembered to tie up my wrists and ankles. That's an A for effort, all right.

"Were you captured too?"

Come to think of it, hers wasn't the only cage in the room. In the cage right beside hers was another girl, similarly bound. Vicious glanced at her.

Seems like she's the one? Can't tell for sure in this dim lighting. Well, escaping this cage takes priority.

"
Mhm. Well, let's get us out of here first, then. Tell me everything you know, girl."

*****​

"That seems a bit too convenient, really. So you say you were ambushed on your way back?"

Two girls crept along the tunnels leading to the exit. One of them was holding a sword which was stained red, and couldn't help grinning smugly. Earlier, she'd gotten the other girl to kick up a fuss, and when a bandit entered to shout at them to keep quiet, she'd waited until his back was facing her before simultaneously snapping the ropes on her arms and legs, reached her hands through the bars of the cage, caught the bandit by the neck, and slammed him against the cage. Then some swift positioning, and then---

*Snap*

The bandit with a broken neck slumped to the floor, dead, and the girl almost started screaming, so she forcefully covered her mouth with a hand and hissed at the girl to calm down and shut up. Then she'd broken out of the wooden cage loudly, killed the other bandit who ran in to check and was too dumb to hear the whistling, before pocketing the keys and freeing the other girl. Who was locked in a metal cage.

Why the special treatment? They didn't know I would be here, so...perhaps they only prepared for one captive? Huh. So it might have been a premediated crime...

"Girl, did you ever offend someone petty before? Or anyone from your family?"

Once she'd verified that the girl was indeed the one mentioned in the request, Vicious wasted no time on her questions, but the frightened girl could only shook her head, so she figured the topic was better left for when they escaped. They continued crawling through the tunnels, before Vicious motioned for the girl to stop and stay quiet. There was an opened door at the side just ahead, and voices were coming out of it.

"Aren't we supposed to only take one captive?"

"The letter never said we couldn't take more. 'Sides, she looks like she'd fetch a good price at the slave market."

"We could always kill her if we need to. Besides, those guys won't ever know. They only paid us to kidnap the first girl."

"Yeah, and if we do this right, we'll have more money than we ever need."

"In that case, we'll keep her if we can. Would make for a good pet---eh?"

Standing in the open doorway was a smiling Vicious. Behind her was the kidnapped girl. But what was more important was the small black orb spinning at the end of the girl's index finger, which was pointed at the quartet of bandits. Crystals were creeping up her arm and legs, giving her a rather eerie look.

"Evening, gentlemen. I need a favour from the four of you."

As she whipped her arm back, holding the crystalline orb the same way a primed ballista would hold an arrow, the girl continued.

"Kindly die, will you?"

The black smoke filled the room, and Vicious charged into the dense blanket.

*Wham!* *Wham!* *Wham!* *CRACK!*

Four somethings hit the ground along with muffled cries of pain, but the girl wasn't finished.

*Crack!* *Wham!* *Wham!* *Bam!* *Crack!*
*Crack!* *CRACK!* *CRACK!* *BAM!* *CRACK!*

As the kidnapped girl standing just outside grew paler and paler, the smoke started clearing, and a blood-stained Vicious walked out. She was carrying a letter of some sort along with a badge, and calmly directed the girl's attention to the exit further ahead. Her words were unusually soft and gentle.

"Don't look. Don't even think about it. You're safe now, and only that matters. Alright? Let's get you home to your parents safely."

As they left the hideout, Vicious counted down silently, then covered the girl's ears. Loud rumbling, then something deeper in exploded, and when the rumbling settled the den had been buried in the earth. Along with all the dead bandits. The black crystals on her arm glittered, and turning her head away, the girl nonchalantly spat out a mouthful of blood.

"Here, get on my back and hold on. We're leaving."

Last edited:

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Waking up as soon as the sun set, Liana opened her eyes and took note of her surroundings.
"...I seem to have fallen asleep in an alley..." She thought to herself as she slowly got up from the ground.

Running her hands through her hair to smooth it down, as well as brushing the dusty dirt off her dress, her body suddenly convulsed as her fangs quickly poked through her lips again.

"...Food...?"

Tilting her head upwards, she sniffed the air and picked up a deliciously sweet scent - like when she had drunk from the giant rats. Licking her lips, she followed the scent in a trance.

After roughly 10 minutes of walking through the winding dark alleyways, Liana eventually stopped to see a small furry creature lying on the ground, motionless and bleeding. Slowly stepping forward, Liana found herself breathing heavily as her fangs ached and her throat itched from thirst. As she got half a metre from the creature, her body suddenly ducked low as a larger creature pounced in her direction - flew over her position and face-planted the nearby wall.

Turning around as she regained her standing position, Liana saw a feral dog with sharp teeth and claws growling at her. Hearing a soft and meek mewling coming from behind her, Liana figured that the dog had harmed the wounded creature and so shouldn't be taken lightly. As she came to such a conclusion, the dog charged towards her before pouncing once again. However, the dog never met its target since - as if by some deeply hidden instinct within her - Liana had reached out a hand and grabbed it by the throat, holding it in midair.

"...Thirsty..."

With her eyes glowing bright red, she quickly slammed the dog down to the ground - dazing it - and snapped its neck, before biting down hard near its artery. Whimpering as it felt its life being drained away, the dog weakly shook its legs - scratching at Liana's arms and legs in the process. However, her shallow wounds healed visibly within minutes as she continued to suck out the warm, delicious liquid from her prey. Yes, she had instinctively identified it as her prey and a source of energy for her to live.

After 20 minutes of non-stop slurping sounds, the dog's whimpers grew weaker before eventually stopping; its desiccated body already cooling from the loss of life. Regaining her senses, somewhat, Liana released the dog from her mouth and turned to the weakly mewling creature behind her - a slight gold tinge to her glowing red eyes. Licking her blood-covered lips, she moved towards the wounded creature and noticed it was a cat wearing a collar with a bell on.

Her hand that was reaching out to grab the cat paused as she vaguely recalled hearing someone calling for someone to help find their cat the day before.

Picking the cat up from the ground, Liana debated whether to continue her feasting, or to treat its wounds and return it to its possible owner. As she pondered over this, her finger absentmindedly stuck inside one of the wounds before entering her mouth to be sucked on. Realising what she was doing, the new-born vampire stopped and considered what the consequences of killing the cat could be. Her instinct told her to drain the creature dry, yet her rational side said she'd get more benefits from not doing so.

After 5 minutes of more pondering, the cat mewled weakly before fainting from blood loss and pain. Staring at the cat, Liana's eyes flickered between glowing red and gold. Eventually, she came to a decision and carefully carried the cat out of the alleyway and headed towards the location where the supposed owner said shouted to find them during the evening.
I lost my cat again!
Sponsor: Mera
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Find my cat please!
Description: My silly cat ran away again! :c Please help me find them! I hope they didn't get lost in the sewers...
Rewards:
  • EXP: 25
  • Money: 10

Liana was strolling through the streets, acquainting herself with the layout of the city, when she heard a weak mewling sound coming from a nearby alley. Following the sounds, she eventually came across an injured cat with a bell collar on and remembered there being a quest to find a lost cat. Carefully picking the cat up, she gently held it in her arms as she made her way to find the owner - stroking the cats head to soothe it along the way.

X

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Waking up as soon as the sun set, Liana opened her eyes and took note of her surroundings.
"...I seem to have fallen asleep in an alley..." She thought to herself as she slowly got up from the ground.

Running her hands through her hair to smooth it down, as well as brushing the dusty dirt off her dress, her body suddenly convulsed as her fangs quickly poked through her lips again.

"...Food...?"

Tilting her head upwards, she sniffed the air and picked up a deliciously sweet scent - like when she had drunk from the giant rats. Licking her lips, she followed the scent in a trance.

After roughly 10 minutes of walking through the winding dark alleyways, Liana eventually stopped to see a small furry creature lying on the ground, motionless and bleeding. Slowly stepping forward, Liana found herself breathing heavily as her fangs ached and her throat itched from thirst. As she got half a metre from the creature, her body suddenly ducked low as a larger creature pounced in her direction - flew over her position and face-planted the nearby wall.

Turning around as she regained her standing position, Liana saw a feral dog with sharp teeth and claws growling at her. Hearing a soft and meek mewling coming from behind her, Liana figured that the dog had harmed the wounded creature and so shouldn't be taken lightly. As she came to such a conclusion, the dog charged towards her before pouncing once again. However, the dog never met its target since - as if by some deeply hidden instinct within her - Liana had reached out a hand and grabbed it by the throat, holding it in midair.

"...Thirsty..."

With her eyes glowing bright red, she quickly slammed the dog down to the ground - dazing it - and snapped its neck, before biting down hard near its artery. Whimpering as it felt its life being drained away, the dog weakly shook its legs - scratching at Liana's arms and legs in the process. However, her shallow wounds healed visibly within minutes as she continued to suck out the warm, delicious liquid from her prey. Yes, she had instinctively identified it as her prey and a source of energy for her to live.

After 20 minutes of non-stop slurping sounds, the dog's whimpers grew weaker before eventually stopping; its desiccated body already cooling from the loss of life. Regaining her senses, somewhat, Liana released the dog from her mouth and turned to the weakly mewling creature behind her - a slight gold tinge to her glowing red eyes. Licking her blood-covered lips, she moved towards the wounded creature and noticed it was a cat wearing a collar with a bell on.

Her hand that was reaching out to grab the cat paused as she vaguely recalled hearing someone calling for someone to help find their cat the day before.

Picking the cat up from the ground, Liana debated whether to continue her feasting, or to treat its wounds and return it to its possible owner. As she pondered over this, her finger absentmindedly stuck inside one of the wounds before entering her mouth to be sucked on. Realising what she was doing, the new-born vampire stopped and considered what the consequences of killing the cat could be. Her instinct told her to drain the creature dry, yet her rational side said she'd get more benefits from not doing so.

After 5 minutes of more pondering, the cat mewled weakly before fainting from blood loss and pain. Staring at the cat, Liana's eyes flickered between glowing red and gold. Eventually, she came to a decision and carefully carried the cat out of the alleyway and headed towards the location where the supposed owner said shouted to find them during the evening.

Liana was strolling through the streets, acquainting herself with the layout of the city, when she heard a weak mewling sound coming from a nearby alley. Following the sounds, she eventually came across an injured cat with a bell collar on and remembered there being a quest to find a lost cat. Carefully picking the cat up, she gently held it in her arms as she made her way to find the owner - stroking the cats head to soothe it along the way.

X
I wonder how many times Mera has lost her cat.
  • EXP: 25
  • Money: 10

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
> > >
Woodcutter in the Forest
Objectives:
  • Go to the North Scribel Forest.
  • Collect a cart full of firewood.
  • Note: There is a penalty for losing/breaking the cart.
Are you afraid of the forest? Monsters and goblins lurk in its depths.
Yet the city runs on firewood, and somebody needs to go chop trees.
Are you courageous enough to risk the dangers?
Rewards:
> > >
Quest Report - Okarin

It had been some time since Okarin had last gone back to the city. In the subsequent weeks after returning from the trip upstream, the slimeperson found it mostly unnecessary to even step foot into the human settlement. They didn't exactly need to eat human food, and Green Slime was perfectly happy munching on grass all day.

Okarin wondered if they were slowly regressing to being a wild slime themselves — but the truth was that they simply couldn't find the motivation to try being human.

What was even the point of going back to Scribel City? Nothing was going to change. Adventurers would kill slimes like always, and there was barely anything that Okarin could do about it. In fact, it was easier to keep their head down and pretend to never see anything. If Okarin avoided the city, at least they didn't need to witness anything unpleasant.

+ + +​

A few days ago, Okarin stumbled across a flyer that some adventurer had tossed on the road outside of the city (littering is bad!).

It was a flyer about chopping wood, which was as benign as it got. However, the main thing that caught their attention was this line:

The slimeperson tilted their head sideways.

"Afraid"?

That choice of words seemed very bizarre to them.

Humans were afraid of the forest?

Okarin dwelled on that strange idea for a few days before deciding to eventually wander into the forest themselves, carrying Green Slime in their arms.

+ + +​

For a little bit, Okarin pretended to be an Adventurer.

"Pretended" — because Okarin hardly even felt like an Adventurer anymore. They spent so much time sleeping under logs and talking to nobody (except the birds) that they barely felt human. They still ate like a slime, passively absorbing Brightweed while walking barefoot around the fields. Okarin had the appearance of a human, with long grayish hair that at this point flowed past their waist — storing all their extra mass — but Okarin didn't feel human.

What would an Adventurer do in this situation?

Okarin supposed that a real Adventurer would collect firewood.

They walked around the forest, mostly looking for dead trees and branches, collecting whatever bushwood they could find and tossing it into a large pile. They didn't have an axe or a wheelbarrow. However, Okarin was fine with it being this way. They weren't in any rush, and there was plenty of dead wood lying around so long as Okarin was willing to walk patiently. It didn't really bother them if it would take them three days to finish a task that an ordinary adventurer could finish in one day.

They walked pass a large field of stumps.

This was the section of the forest that was closest to the city. It seemed that most adventurers were lazy and simply chopped down the trees that were closest to Scribel, resulting in a massive clearings of stumps and nothing else. It was slightly sad. There used to be forest here.

+ + +​

Okarin bent down to pick up another branch of dead wood, when suddenly there was a rustle in the bushes. A little green man jumped out from under the forest growth, wielding a dagger and snarling something at them.

"Gngakkkwka! Kluakkka! Hihihiyakyakkka! Gngakkkwka gnga kfawl hihiyakakka!"

Of course, Okarin didn't comprehend it.

"Jufngha wuwl yakakka! Kluakkka! Hihihiiiyakkka!"

Three more little green men appeared from behind the bushes. All of them were armed.

Okarin was inquisitive and tilted their head.

"Are you goblins?"

Although Okarin could not understand the little green men, Okarin was an expert at nonverbal communication. Wild slimes did not generally communicate by sound, and Okarin could read a lot about a person from their body language. For instance, the shortest goblin was actually trembling. Although his dagger was pointed at Okarin, his knees were obviously shaking. The little man looked as if he was about to crumble into a pile of broken nerves as any moment.

"Gyiaiiarrauuuul!!!! Kakakka!"

The four goblins suddenly charged Okarin with their pointy sharp knives.

Reflexively, Okarin twisted slightly out of the way — but mostly only because Green Slime was still in Okarin's arms. It would be bad if the herb slime was hurt because of this. Meanwhile, Okarin dropped the armful of firewood they were carrying.

One of the knives missed. The other three blades sank in Okarin's body: one on their leg, and two others in their torso.

It didn't really hurt, since Okarin was a slime, but the feeling was still unpleasant. They could feel their fluid oozing out of them from the gashes that the little men had inflicted.

"That wasn't very nice," Okarin said, blinking a few times.

Okarin's assaulters were still vigorous.

"Gngakkkwka! Kluakkka! Hihihiyakyakkka!"

Okarin wasn't sure exactly what to do, so they repeated after them: "Gngakkwka?"

Okarin wasn't sure if they pronounced it correctly.

Three of the little goblins immediately froze.

The shortest one withdrew his knife and stabbed Okarin in the chest again.

"Gngakkkwka." The biggest goblin who had their knife in Okarin's leg spoke up, but he didn't move.

"Gngakwaka?" Okarin attempted to repeat it again.

"Gngakkkwka."

"Gnagkkwawka." Okarin repeated again.

"Tska, Tska, Gngakkkwka."

The shortest trembling goblin shoved his knife into Okarin's stomach again, confused about why Okarin didn't seem to be bleeding.

"Gnagkkwakaa." Okarin said.

"Gnagkkwakaa!" The talkative big goblin looked extremely satisfied.

"Gnagkkwakaa." The slimeperson repeated it again for good measure.

"Gnagkkwakaa!"

The shortest prepared his knife and almost plunged it into Okarin again for the third time, but suddenly the big goblin intervened. He threw a punch and pummeled the stabby goblin in the face, sending the little guy flying.

Okarin and the other two goblins were speechless.

Big Goblin punched Short Goblin?

Why?

The middle two goblins gingerly withdrew their knives and hesitantly backed away. They seemed confused by this development.

"Gnagkkwakaa?" Okarin asked, having no idea what the word meant, yet also not knowing any other goblin words.

However, there was one thing that the slimeperson was sure about. Except for the smallest goblin, who had been trembling with fear from the beginning, the other three goblins no longer feared Okarin.

Okarin wondered why the goblins had attacked them in the first place.

"You don't happen to eat humans, do you?"

"Kwka gnga kfawl squlutga." One of the bystander goblins responded this time.

Okarin had no idea what that meant. Okarin assumed that meant no.

"Why do goblins attack humans?"

"Mlugakka."

Okarin nodded their head, still comprehending absolutely nothing.

The slime person limped slightly as they walked over to the scene of the big goblin pummeling the little goblin. Okarin was leaking fluid everywhere, but they had a lot of mass stored up from eating grass for weeks.

The little goblin was cowering, trying to protect himself from being beaten up by the big goblin. However, the big talkative goblin was merciless, and didn't hold back with any of his punches.

Okarin reached out a hand and caught the big goblin's fist.

"I think that's enough?"

The big goblin whirled his head around and glared at Okarin. His eyes were full of anger.

The big goblin spat at the ground.

"Gnagkkwakaa," the big goblin said.

Then he immediately turned around and walked away, disappearing into the forest.

+ + +​

Shortly thereafter, Okarin collapsed to their knees. They felt really weak. Okarin stared at the canopy of leaves in the forest.

Green Slime *swooshed* and plopped down right next to Okarin's face.

"Oh, hi there."

Green Slime climbed on top of Okarin and started gently swishing at Okarin's wounds, sealing the injuries.

"You're the best, dear."

The Green Slime *swished* in response.

"Yes, I know, I know. You can eat Brightweed all day tomorrow, and I won't nag about you getting fat."

Green Slime appeared very self-satisfied and wiggled in response.

Okarin sighed looked up at the sky.

+ + +​

A few days later, Okarin finally finished collecting the equivalent of a full cart of firewood. It all lay neatly in a big pile just outside of the forest.

Okarin didn't have any means to bring it to the city, and they still had no desire to step inside Scribel's gates.

They encountered a farmer on the road, and Okarin asked the man to deliver a letter for him to the Adventurer's Guild.

Enclosed was this quest report.

—Firewood waiting for pickup in a large pile outside of the forest.

Okarin added a few extra lines and sealed the document.
----------
Summary:
  • Okarin was being moody as usual.
  • Okarin collected dead wood to use as firewood.
  • Okarin saw lots of stumps from adventurers who chopped down trees.
  • Okarin was attacked by four goblins.
  • Okarin tried talking to the goblins and learned how to say "Gnagkkwakaa".
  • The goblins started fighting among each other and ended up leaving.
  • Okarin eventually finished collecting firewood and left it in a big pile outside the forest.
  • Okarin sent a farmer to carry this quest report to the Guild -- requesting firewood pickup.

[1] [2] [3] [4]

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
"It's been settled. She's a little traumatized, but there should be no physical harm done. Her family should have a doctor check her just in case."

Vicious handed in the report, still dressed in nothing but burlap sacks. She also handed in two more things.

A letter, and a badge. The badge was that of a metallic rose painted gold.

"If you can, please wipe my name from the report. I already have enough on my hands dealing with demons."
For the operation, Vicious left everything of hers in her tavern room, going out with only the clothes on her back. She didn't even bring along a jacket or her bat for that matter. She'd even gone the length to fashion some rough 'clothes' from discarded burlap sacks and dressed herself as such, before leaving the city.

A certain quest from a while back had given her an inspiration, and she was about to test it out.

*****​

Vicious woke up in a cage.

Perfect.

She'd gone into the same forest that was specified in the request, then found a suitable tree deep enough to lean against, keeping her eyes closed but all the while with her other senses on high alert. She could hear someone approaching from a good distance away, and when he popped a large sack over her and started to tie it up, she didn't resist much. Just giving the bandit a few kicks that didn't really hurt but was definitely going to leave a sore spot afterwards.

After all, as far as a bandit was concerned, with her appearance and all, she was just a slave who had recently escaped from somewhere and was on her way to freedom. No one would care if she went missing.

What's this? They actually remembered to tie up my wrists and ankles. That's an A for effort, all right.

"Were you captured too?"

Come to think of it, hers wasn't the only cage in the room. In the cage right beside hers was another girl, similarly bound. Vicious glanced at her.

Seems like she's the one? Can't tell for sure in this dim lighting. Well, escaping this cage takes priority.

"
Mhm. Well, let's get us out of here first, then. Tell me everything you know, girl."

*****​

"That seems a bit too convenient, really. So you say you were ambushed on your way back?"

Two girls crept along the tunnels leading to the exit. One of them was holding a sword which was stained red, and couldn't help grinning smugly. Earlier, she'd gotten the other girl to kick up a fuss, and when a bandit entered to shout at them to keep quiet, she'd waited until his back was facing her before simultaneously snapping the ropes on her arms and legs, reached her hands through the bars of the cage, caught the bandit by the neck, and slammed him against the cage. Then some swift positioning, and then---

*Snap*

The bandit with a broken neck slumped to the floor, dead, and the girl almost started screaming, so she forcefully covered her mouth with a hand and hissed at the girl to calm down and shut up. Then she'd broken out of the wooden cage loudly, killed the other bandit who ran in to check and was too dumb to hear the whistling, before pocketing the keys and freeing the other girl. Who was locked in a metal cage.

Why the special treatment? They didn't know I would be here, so...perhaps they only prepared for one captive? Huh. So it might have been a premediated crime...

"Girl, did you ever offend someone petty before? Or anyone from your family?"

Once she'd verified that the girl was indeed the one mentioned in the request, Vicious wasted no time on her questions, but the frightened girl could only shook her head, so she figured the topic was better left for when they escaped. They continued crawling through the tunnels, before Vicious motioned for the girl to stop and stay quiet. There was an opened door at the side just ahead, and voices were coming out of it.

"Aren't we supposed to only take one captive?"

"The letter never said we couldn't take more. 'Sides, she looks like she'd fetch a good price at the slave market."

"We could always kill her if we need to. Besides, those guys won't ever know. They only paid us to kidnap the first girl."

"Yeah, and if we do this right, we'll have more money than we ever need."

"In that case, we'll keep her if we can. Would make for a good pet---eh?"

Standing in the open doorway was a smiling Vicious. Behind her was the kidnapped girl. But what was more important was the small black orb spinning at the end of the girl's index finger, which was pointed at the quartet of bandits. Crystals were creeping up her arm and legs, giving her a rather eerie look.

"Evening, gentlemen. I need a favour from the four of you."

As she whipped her arm back, holding the crystalline orb the same way a primed ballista would hold an arrow, the girl continued.

"Kindly die, will you?"

The black smoke filled the room, and Vicious charged into the dense blanket.

*Wham!* *Wham!* *Wham!* *CRACK!*

Four somethings hit the ground along with muffled cries of pain, but the girl wasn't finished.

*Crack!* *Wham!* *Wham!* *Bam!* *Crack!*
*Crack!* *CRACK!* *CRACK!* *BAM!* *CRACK!*

As the kidnapped girl standing just outside grew paler and paler, the smoke started clearing, and a blood-stained Vicious walked out. She was carrying a letter of some sort along with a badge, and calmly directed the girl's attention to the exit further ahead. Her words were unusually soft and gentle.

"Don't look. Don't even think about it. You're safe now, and only that matters. Alright? Let's get you home to your parents safely."

As they left the hideout, Vicious counted down silently, then covered the girl's ears. Loud rumbling, then something deeper in exploded, and when the rumbling settled the den had been buried in the earth. Along with all the dead bandits. The black crystals on her arm glittered, and turning her head away, the girl nonchalantly spat out a mouthful of blood.

"Here, get on my back and hold on. We're leaving."
Well done, I suppose we'll need to look into this some more.
  • Money: 30 G

Last edited:

Silver

> > >
Woodcutter in the Forest
Objectives:
  • Go to the North Scribel Forest.
  • Collect a cart full of firewood.
  • Note: There is a penalty for losing/breaking the cart.
Yet the city runs on firewood, and somebody needs to go chop trees.
Are you courageous enough to risk the dangers?
Rewards:
> > >
Quest Report - Okarin

It had been some time since Okarin had last gone back to the city. In the subsequent weeks after returning from the trip upstream, the slimeperson found it mostly unnecessary to even step foot into the human settlement. They didn't exactly need to eat human food, and Green Slime was perfectly happy munching on grass all day.

Okarin wondered if they were slowly regressing to being a wild slime themselves — but the truth was that they simply couldn't find the motivation to try being human.

What was even the point of going back to Scribel City? Nothing was going to change. Adventurers would kill slimes like always, and there was barely anything that Okarin could do about it. In fact, it was easier to keep their head down and pretend to never see anything. If Okarin avoided the city, at least they didn't need to witness anything unpleasant.

+ + +​

A few days ago, Okarin stumbled across a flyer that some adventurer had tossed on the road outside of the city (littering is bad!).

It was a flyer about chopping wood, which was as benign as it got. However, the main thing that caught their attention was this line:

The slimeperson tilted their head sideways.

"Afraid"?

That choice of words seemed very bizarre to them.

Humans were afraid of the forest?

Okarin dwelled on that strange idea for a few days before deciding to eventually wander into the forest themselves, carrying Green Slime in their arms.

+ + +​

For a little bit, Okarin pretended to be an Adventurer.

"Pretended" — because Okarin hardly even felt like an Adventurer anymore. They spent so much time sleeping under logs and talking to nobody (except the birds) that they barely felt human. They still ate like a slime, passively absorbing Brightweed while walking barefoot around the fields. Okarin had the appearance of a human, with long grayish hair that at this point flowed past their waist — storing all their extra mass — but Okarin didn't feel human.

What would an Adventurer do in this situation?

Okarin supposed that a real Adventurer would collect firewood.

They walked around the forest, mostly looking for dead trees and branches, collecting whatever bushwood they could find and tossing it into a large pile. They didn't have an axe or a wheelbarrow. However, Okarin was fine with it being this way. They weren't in any rush, and there was plenty of dead wood lying around so long as Okarin was willing to walk patiently. It didn't really bother them if it would take them three days to finish a task that an ordinary adventurer could finish in one day.

They walked pass a large field of stumps.

This was the section of the forest that was closest to the city. It seemed that most adventurers were lazy and simply chopped down the trees that were closest to Scribel, resulting in a massive clearings of stumps and nothing else. It was slightly sad. There used to be forest here.

+ + +​

Okarin bent down to pick up another branch of dead wood, when suddenly there was a rustle in the bushes. A little green man jumped out from under the forest growth, wielding a dagger and snarling something at them.

"Gngakkkwka! Kluakkka! Hihihiyakyakkka! Gngakkkwka gnga kfawl hihiyakakka!"

Of course, Okarin didn't comprehend it.

"Jufngha wuwl yakakka! Kluakkka! Hihihiiiyakkka!"

Three more little green men appeared from behind the bushes. All of them were armed.

Okarin was inquisitive and tilted their head.

"Are you goblins?"

Although Okarin could not understand the little green men, Okarin was an expert at nonverbal communication. Wild slimes did not generally communicate by sound, and Okarin could read a lot about a person from their body language. For instance, the shortest goblin was actually trembling. Although his dagger was pointed at Okarin, his knees were obviously shaking. The little man looked as if he was about to crumble into a pile of broken nerves as any moment.

"Gyiaiiarrauuuul!!!! Kakakka!"

The four goblins suddenly charged Okarin with their pointy sharp knives.

Reflexively, Okarin twisted slightly out of the way — but mostly only because Green Slime was still in Okarin's arms. It would be bad if the herb slime was hurt because of this. Meanwhile, Okarin dropped the armful of firewood they were carrying.

One of the knives missed. The other three blades sank in Okarin's body: one on their leg, and two others in their torso.

It didn't really hurt, since Okarin was a slime, but the feeling was still unpleasant. They could feel their fluid oozing out of them from the gashes that the little men had inflicted.

"That wasn't very nice," Okarin said, blinking a few times.

Okarin's assaulters were still vigorous.

"Gngakkkwka! Kluakkka! Hihihiyakyakkka!"

Okarin wasn't sure exactly what to do, so they repeated after them: "Gngakkwka?"

Okarin wasn't sure if they pronounced it correctly.

Three of the little goblins immediately froze.

The shortest one withdrew his knife and stabbed Okarin in the chest again.

"Gngakkkwka." The biggest goblin who had their knife in Okarin's leg spoke up, but he didn't move.

"Gngakwaka?" Okarin attempted to repeat it again.

"Gngakkkwka."

"Gnagkkwawka." Okarin repeated again.

"Tska, Tska, Gngakkkwka."

The shortest trembling goblin shoved his knife into Okarin's stomach again, confused about why Okarin didn't seem to be bleeding.

"Gnagkkwakaa." Okarin said.

"Gnagkkwakaa!" The talkative big goblin looked extremely satisfied.

"Gnagkkwakaa." The slimeperson repeated it again for good measure.

"Gnagkkwakaa!"

The shortest prepared his knife and almost plunged it into Okarin again for the third time, but suddenly the big goblin intervened. He threw a punch and pummeled the stabby goblin in the face, sending the little guy flying.

Okarin and the other two goblins were speechless.

Big Goblin punched Short Goblin?

Why?

The middle two goblins gingerly withdrew their knives and hesitantly backed away. They seemed confused by this development.

"Gnagkkwakaa?" Okarin asked, having no idea what the word meant, yet also not knowing any other goblin words.

However, there was one thing that the slimeperson was sure about. Except for the smallest goblin, who had been trembling with fear from the beginning, the other three goblins no longer feared Okarin.

Okarin wondered why the goblins had attacked them in the first place.

"You don't happen to eat humans, do you?"

"Kwka gnga kfawl squlutga." One of the bystander goblins responded this time.

Okarin had no idea what that meant. Okarin assumed that meant no.

"Why do goblins attack humans?"

"Mlugakka."

Okarin nodded their head, still comprehending absolutely nothing.

The slime person limped slightly as they walked over to the scene of the big goblin pummeling the little goblin. Okarin was leaking fluid everywhere, but they had a lot of mass stored up from eating grass for weeks.

The little goblin was cowering, trying to protect himself from being beaten up by the big goblin. However, the big talkative goblin was merciless, and didn't hold back with any of his punches.

Okarin reached out a hand and caught the big goblin's fist.

"I think that's enough?"

The big goblin whirled his head around and glared at Okarin. His eyes were full of anger.

The big goblin spat at the ground.

"Gnagkkwakaa," the big goblin said.

Then he immediately turned around and walked away, disappearing into the forest.

+ + +​

Shortly thereafter, Okarin collapsed to their knees. They felt really weak. Okarin stared at the canopy of leaves in the forest.

Green Slime *swooshed* and plopped down right next to Okarin's face.

"Oh, hi there."

Green Slime climbed on top of Okarin and started gently swishing at Okarin's wounds, sealing the injuries.

"You're the best, dear."

The Green Slime *swished* in response.

"Yes, I know, I know. You can eat Brightweed all day tomorrow, and I won't nag about you getting fat."

Green Slime appeared very self-satisfied and wiggled in response.

Okarin sighed looked up at the sky.

+ + +​

A few days later, Okarin finally finished collecting the equivalent of a full cart of firewood. It all lay neatly in a big pile just outside of the forest.

Okarin didn't have any means to bring it to the city, and they still had no desire to step inside Scribel's gates.

They encountered a farmer on the road, and Okarin asked the man to deliver a letter for him to the Adventurer's Guild.

Enclosed was this quest report.

—Firewood waiting for pickup in a large pile outside of the forest.

Okarin added a few extra lines and sealed the document.

----------
Summary:
  • Okarin was being moody as usual.
  • Okarin collected dead wood to use as firewood.
  • Okarin saw lots of stumps from adventurers who chopped down trees.
  • Okarin was attacked by four goblins.
  • Okarin tried talking to the goblins and learned how to say "Gnagkkwakaa".
  • The goblins started fighting among each other and ended up leaving.
  • Okarin eventually finished collecting firewood and left it in a big pile outside the forest.
  • Okarin sent a farmer to carry this quest report to the Guild -- requesting firewood pickup.

[1] [2] [3] [4]
Looking weirdly at the report, he sighed as he opened his mouth "Hey, if it's possible can you deliver a message to him. His reward will be waiting for him in the guild and...also if possible tell him his friend Cassel is very sorry for what happened during the walk."

Final Rewards:
Experience
: 75 EXP
Money: 10 G awaiting retrieval at the guild

Himekawa

> > >

Customer Service Department - EVALUATED
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Office Work
  • Report to duty at the guild offices.
  • Resolve at least 5 complaints.
  • Do not upset the customers.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Every workplace has them — the infamous "difficult customer".
In the Customer Service Department, we get the toughest of the tough.
These are the clients that nobody else wants to deal with.
How will you deal with them? Can you handle a rowdy adventurer?
Rewards:

> > >

'Meimei, stop.'

Her hand reached for the request on the request board.

'Meimei... stop this please.'

She took the quest off from the quest board.

'Meimei, yesterday you were being helped by that receptionist for the whole day.'

If she could deal with one person, surely she could deal with another. Giving no more chance for the voice to influence her, she submitted the request to the receptionist.

'Meimei, I hate to say this, but I have to point out that you haven't said more than two words in the five days we are in this city.'

Yesterday was fine, though. She had worked as clerk of the guild successfully after all.

'Yes, but only because that receptionist girl helped you and watched over you. Can you really do it? Sorting documents is pretty different than dealing with peoples.'

She didn't see the problem. She had been dealing with people just fine, she reminded him.

'Well... forget it. Let's just get this over with.'

-----------------

A party of three approached her desk. The sole man on the party looked really down, while the two women looked angry. When she woman on the left saw her sitting behind the desk, she loudly shouted,

"Hey, receptionist! Why did you put your pet here!? Is the guild fund so lacking, that they can't find any CS officer!?"

On the other section, the receptionist didn't seem to hear the complaint. She continued to serve the adventurer queuing in front of her. As for herself, she took out her adventurer card and put it on the desk. She noticed the man saw her doing that, yet did not do anything.

The woman shouted at the direction of the receptionist. Some of those adventurer on the receptionist's line was looking at us curiously. The receptionist, though, didn't seem disturbed by the woman's shout and continued to professionally serving the adventurer in front of her.

She had to gain the attention of the people in front of her.

The receptionist gave her a small chalkboard and some chalks. She really commended the foresight of the receptionist for giving her this tool. She went from her seat to be in front of the board. Using her claws, she scratched the chalkboard.

"Hey, stop that!" The woman on the right said. The ear-screeching noise made some people wince.

That was good. She got their attention. The next task was to get them to acknowledge her as a customer service officer.

She wrote on the chalkboard, "Can I help you?".

"You, you are really the CS officer? You're not some kind of familiar of some magician?" The second woman said in disbelief.

She erased the chalk, and wrote, "adventurer". To convince them, she pointed out the guild card she had.

"That... yeah. I guess you took the CS quest huh." The second woman said. Then, she called out to the first woman, "Hey Mir, the cat's an adventurer. It got CS quest."

------------
"We want justice!" The first woman angrily said.

"This man," the second woman calmly pointed to the man, "Has killed our party leader with his arrows."

"We want him to be jailed for killing him!" The first woman added with fervor.

"What she means is that his arrow that should be hitting the bear, hit our teammate's leg instead. The bear we are fighting mauled our teammate in that moment."

"The guard office refused to accept him for murder!" The first woman exclaimed.

She thought that was obvious, as it was an accidental mistake. The man, though, looked resigned when she looked at him. He seemed to accept his fate. She pitied him, as his mistake caused the strife between him and his teammates and sealed the fate of his teammate.

The second woman said, "They ask us to get to the adventurer guild, as accidents like this was not their jurisdiction."

"We want him to suffer!"

What could she do? frame a crime on him, so that the guard will take him to jail? conscript him to work at Gelderholm? Or just kill him and be done with it?

'Meimei... that's too extreme.'

The first woman said it herself, that she wanted the man to suffer.

'Even now he is suffering! His guilt is eating him!'

Yet, neither of those two recognized that. She wrote, "wait" on the chalkboard and left them.

------------

She gave those two a quest submission form, then wrote, "Archer. Can't draw bow without a hand. Livelihood ends." on the board.

They seemed to understand what she implied. She thought if the guards wouldn't accept them, then if another accident happened, as long as it was not a murder it would be acceptable. There were always consequences of course. The subsequent investigation on this case would be a black mark on the two's record. And hers since she was the one who suggested this course.

She erased the board, and wrote, "may lead to expulsion to you two."

If they decide to murder him, it would be a premeditated murder. The guards wouldn't let them go with that, as they have the motives already.

With one quest form, she gave them the weapon to make the man suffer.

She was curious, would they do it?

-----------

In the end, the second woman prevented the first one to take it.

"Oi, Shana! why are you stopping me!"

"Mir, calm down! Think for a second!"

"The cat is right! We could end his career now! He'll suffer for the rest of his life!"

Slap.

"Mir! Stop it! I am angry too. But this is not the right way! What's next, after we do it?"

The first woman's eyes widen in shock, nursing her stinging cheek. She stared at the second woman.

The second woman continued, "I may not like this, but I say we ask the guild for his expulsion and barred him from joining the adventurer guild anymore. It would stop his career too."

"But..."

But he wouldn't be suffering. Perhaps, that was what the woman wanted to say. In any case, she prepared a resignation form for the man. Giving an expulsion to the man would necessitate the man to be investigated. The man had to commit various offense too like assaulting his teammate, too for the guild to be moved. She would like to spare the guild from doing that.

As for the ban from rejoining the guild, making a contract between the two party was simple. That contract, with the right wording, would make him unable to join the guild in the eyes of law.

The first case ends, and she waited for the next customer.

-------------

"Huh, ca~t? Hey, miss receptionist. Why are you putting a cat on the customer service desk, huh?" The bald head asked rudely.

The baldy was shirtless. There was a bandolier of some vials from his left shoulder to his right torso, as well as on his belt. The man held his sword on his right hand, making a pointing gesture on her.

As the man was focused on the receptionist, she walked to the man and poked him. The man's attention finally shifted to her.

"What?" The man said, annoyed.

She wrote, "Can I help you?".

The man read her writing, then he faced the receptionist, "Man... seriously, I didn't know that the guild was so lacking in personnel, that they had to employ that cat."

The receptionist, who was focusing on other adventurer, finally faced him and said, "Yes, we are. That 'cat' you are ignoring is another adventurer in our employ. Furthermore, she took the customer service department. Please direct all your complaint to the customer service officer."

"Tch, what a lousy service. Not only they put a cat, it is also mute. What can you do anyway?" He muttered.

she took the chalkboard and chalk and wrote, "Solving your problem."

"You serious?"

She wrote, "yes."

"Tch. Can't get worse than the current situation anyway. Alright, you get one chance." He said.

He then continued, "One of my teammate died. He was the father of the unborn child of another teammate. She semi-retired since she went pregnant, and I am the sole member of this party right now. She asked me to marry her, because she said, 'Why did you let him die?' while crying. That time, I agreed to that because she was in grief. I just can't say no. Besides, she is a good friend of mine too."

"Then, yesterday, I found out that I have a child, from my childhood friend in my hometown. We never married, and it was just one time we did it, when I departed to join the adventurer guild eight years ago. My mother asked me to return to my hometown, since that childhood friend of mine has been raising my son as a single mother. Apparently, my mother had part in raising her grandson and they were doing fine, until my son asked for his father. She asked me to make it official with my childhood friend."

"I want to ask if there are solution to this."

She immediately wrote, "Polygamy."

"What? My mom would kill me if I did that. She will think that I don't have any integrity."

She honestly wondered at this point, what did that man problem had in relation to the guild. The man asked for customer service though, and she would do her best to deliver a solution that satisfied him.

She erased the chalkboard and wrote, "Tell the truth. Bring your wife to visit".

The man pondered this, and said, "Is that really the best?"

She nodded. then she wrote, "bring childhood friend here."

"Huh... what?"

She wrote, "social stigma."

"Oh, you mean my childhood friend. I can see where that would be a problem. I guess that's that. Thank you for your help."

The man left.

------------

The second man that came to the customer service desk was an elf archer. He was accompanied by his two female teammate, one human and one a dwarf. When he came in front of her desk, he stared at her, and said,

"Can I rub your belly?"

At that moment, she felt that she must draw the line, or something bad would befallen on her. She wanted to say no, but her quest said that she must do a satisfactory job. Because of that, she nodded.

The man and his companion took that as an invitation. Their hands were everywhere, touching her body. After around one minute, the expression of bliss could be seen on their face.

"I'm healed..." The human said.

"Yeah, coming here was not a bad decision. How fluffy..." The dwarf replied.

"...", nothing from the elf.

She poked the elf, and wrote on her chalkboard, "problem?"

The elf, seeing her inquiry began narrating their problem.

"We had a job three days ago. We had to go into the farm, and make some artificial rain for some plants on a greenhouse. This girl's specialty is water magic, so we accepted that quest." He pointed at the female magician.

The woman continued, "Apparently, our quest was marked as a failure. We thought we had done satisfactory job. I think it was a conflict of interest, since the son of the farmer was her ex." He pointed at the dwarf.

The dwarf then said, "Well, he asked me to return to be his girlfriend again. Else he would mark our quest as failure. We actually properly watered the plant though. Anyway, since he was saying that in front of my adventurer boyfriend here, my boyfriend challenged him to a duel."

After she heard that, her mind came up with a certain quest she marked as failure yesterday. The man that issued the quest had broken bones, with the bill as the proof. Since the quest report didn't mention this issue, she failed them.

Then the man said. "Obviously he was no match for me. I have defeated him and asked him to not bother my girlfriend anymore."

She was certain that the quest she remembered was the one. What the man did not say was that the man had done it by stepping on the requester's head when he did that. The requester said that the man pulled his left hand until it was dislocated.

"So with that quest done, we returned. yet when we got our report back, it was marked as failure. I bet it was slander that the man did. We want you to give us the reward. We are certain that we have done the job properly, after all."

Including threatening and harming their own client? She thought that was ridiculous.

It was only 10G, that she could easily pay from her own pocket, and they would be satisfied with the customer service. That being said, she couldn't condone that behavior at all, even if they had personal feud with the client. Would they dare to start something in the guild, anyway?

Discretion was the better part of the valor, she thought. Giving them the money reward, she made a note on the quest report about their behavior.

----------------

"Hello. my name is John. I want to claim my insurance."

Wait. Since when the guild provide insurance service? She was confused.

"An insurance company I've become a member of don't want to give my sister the payout on the event of my death. I've got my death certificate here. I want the guild lawyer to represent me on the court."

She was really confused. An undead came up to her and want to claim the insurance? was this really the guild jurisdiction? Did the membership of adventurer get terminated on the event of the adventurer's death? With several undead members though, she doubted it.

'What? What is this? I am really confused.'

She felt that too.

"Article number 12, fourth clause. The adventurer, who is a member of the guild where the Court of law is located, is able to request the guild to represent them in the court." He said.

She opened her desk and found the adventurer guidebook. As he said, it was written exactly like that. She has not been trained to handle the matter of law at all. Since she knew nothing of what she should do, she looked at the nearest senior employee, which is the receptionist.

"Please wait." She wrote.

It took 30 minutes until the receptionist was relatively free. The receptionist showed her which form to be filled (in triplicate) on a matter like this and pushed her to interact with the undead. After giving ink and the form to the man, she sat on her desk.

After returning the form, the undead thanked her and left.

------------------

It was the afternoon. The clock pointed to 5 o'clock. Some of the workers was already preparing to return to home.

As there was no more customer she needed to take care, she cleaned up her desk and returned the chalkboard to its place. Today, with the trusty chalkboard, she was able to take care of various cases. She felt satisfied with her job performance.

"Mei~ko!" a woman hugged her from behind. She recognized the voice as the receptionist.

"So how was your day, Meiko?" the woman asked.

She showed the woman the quest report she has written. The woman read that and raised her eyebrows.

"Hou~. Twelve cases for today, eh? Let's see. eight complaint were successfully resolved, three pending action and one failed to be resolved satisfactorily."

Six of them were a simple matter. one of them involve a magician as the one who made the request, and alchemist who sent the reagent for the magician's spell. The alchemist made the reagent too effective that the magician's spell explode in her face. The magician asked her for the reparation from the alchemist due to the ruined project, but the alchemist proved that he followed the specification and the product was working as intended. Another dispute she had resolved was the injustice that a teammate of a group received, because her party leader had been romantically involved with another teammate. The girl recorded everything in her notebook from the last month, and this was corroborated by another teammate. As it was, she calculated the damage caused by this preferential treatment of the leader to his lover, and ask the leader to pay the fine for it.

"Hmm... Hmmm... So you worked hard today. Meiko. Good job." The woman said while ruffling her head.

She felt satisfied too for today's work.

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
> > >

Customer Service Department
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite Quest: Office Work
  • Report to duty at the guild offices.
  • Resolve at least 5 complaints.
  • Do not upset the customers.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Every workplace has them — the infamous "difficult customer".
In the Customer Service Department, we get the toughest of the tough.
These are the clients that nobody else wants to deal with.
How will you deal with them? Can you handle a rowdy adventurer?
Rewards:

> > >

'Meimei, stop.'

Her hand reached for the request on the request board.

'Meimei... stop this please.'

She took the quest off from the quest board.

'Meimei, yesterday you were being helped by that receptionist for the whole day.'

If she could deal with one person, surely she could deal with another. Giving no more chance for the voice to influence her, she submitted the request to the receptionist.

'Meimei, I hate to say this, but I have to point out that you haven't said more than two words in the five days we are in this city.'

Yesterday was fine, though. She had worked as clerk of the guild successfully after all.

'Yes, but only because that receptionist girl helped you and watched over you. Can you really do it? Sorting documents is pretty different than dealing with peoples.'

She didn't see the problem. She had been dealing with people just fine, she reminded him.

'Well... forget it. Let's just get this over with.'

-----------------

A party of three approached her desk. The sole man on the party looked really down, while the two women looked angry. When she woman on the left saw her sitting behind the desk, she loudly shouted,

"Hey, receptionist! Why did you put your pet here!? Is the guild fund so lacking, that they can't find any CS officer!?"

On the other section, the receptionist didn't seem to hear the complaint. She continued to serve the adventurer queuing in front of her. As for herself, she took out her adventurer card and put it on the desk. She noticed the man saw her doing that, yet did not do anything.

The woman shouted at the direction of the receptionist. Some of those adventurer on the receptionist's line was looking at us curiously. The receptionist, though, didn't seem disturbed by the woman's shout and continued to professionally serving the adventurer in front of her.

She had to gain the attention of the people in front of her.

The receptionist gave her a small chalkboard and some chalks. She really commended the foresight of the receptionist for giving her this tool. She went from her seat to be in front of the board. Using her claws, she scratched the chalkboard.

"Hey, stop that!" The woman on the right said. The ear-screeching noise made some people wince.

That was good. She got their attention. The next task was to get them to acknowledge her as a customer service officer.

She wrote on the chalkboard, "Can I help you?".

"You, you are really the CS officer? You're not some kind of familiar of some magician?" The second woman said in disbelief.

She erased the chalk, and wrote, "adventurer". To convince them, she pointed out the guild card she had.

"That... yeah. I guess you took the CS quest huh." The second woman said. Then, she called out to the first woman, "Hey Mir, the cat's an adventurer. It got CS quest."

------------
"We want justice!" The first woman angrily said.

"This man," the second woman calmly pointed to the man, "Has killed our party leader with his arrows."

"We want him to be jailed for killing him!" The first woman added with fervor.

"What she means is that his arrow that should be hitting the bear, hit our teammate's leg instead. The bear we are fighting mauled our teammate in that moment."

"The guard office refused to accept him for murder!" The first woman exclaimed.

She thought that was obvious, as it was an accidental mistake. The man, though, looked resigned when she looked at him. He seemed to accept his fate. She pitied him, as his mistake caused the strife between him and his teammates and sealed the fate of his teammate.

The second woman said, "They ask us to get to the adventurer guild, as accidents like this was not their jurisdiction."

"We want him to suffer!"

What could she do? frame a crime on him, so that the guard will take him to jail? conscript him to work at Gelderholm? Or just kill him and be done with it?

'Meimei... that's too extreme.'

The first woman said it herself, that she wanted the man to suffer.

'Even now he is suffering! His guilt is eating him!'

Yet, neither of those two recognized that. She wrote, "wait" on the chalkboard and left them.

------------

She gave those two a quest submission form, then wrote, "Archer. Can't draw bow without a hand. Livelihood ends." on the board.

They seemed to understand what she implied. She thought if the guards wouldn't accept them, then if another accident happened, as long as it was not a murder it would be acceptable. There were always consequences of course. The subsequent investigation on this case would be a black mark on the two's record. And hers since she was the one who suggested this course.

She erased the board, and wrote, "may lead to expulsion to you two."

If they decide to murder him, it would be a premeditated murder. The guards wouldn't let them go with that, as they have the motives already.

With one quest form, she gave them the weapon to make the man suffer.

She was curious, would they do it?

-----------

In the end, the second woman prevented the first one to take it.

"Oi, Shana! why are you stopping me!"

"Mir, calm down! Think for a second!"

"The cat is right! We could end his career now! He'll suffer for the rest of his life!"

Slap.

"Mir! Stop it! I am angry too. But this is not the right way! What's next, after we do it?"

The first woman's eyes widen in shock, nursing her stinging cheek. She stared at the second woman.

The second woman continued, "I may not like this, but I say we ask the guild for his expulsion and barred him from joining the adventurer guild anymore. It would stop his career too."

"But..."

But he wouldn't be suffering. Perhaps, that was what the woman wanted to say. In any case, she prepared a resignation form for the man. Giving an expulsion to the man would necessitate the man to be investigated. The man had to commit various offense too like assaulting his teammate, too for the guild to be moved. She would like to spare the guild from doing that.

As for the ban from rejoining the guild, making a contract between the two party was simple. That contract, with the right wording, would make him unable to join the guild in the eyes of law.

The first case ends, and she waited for the next customer.

-------------

"Huh, ca~t? Hey, miss receptionist. Why are you putting a cat on the customer service desk, huh?" The bald head asked rudely.

The baldy was shirtless. There was a bandolier of some vials from his left shoulder to his right torso, as well as on his belt. The man held his sword on his right hand, making a pointing gesture on her.

As the man was focused on the receptionist, she walked to the man and poked him. The man's attention finally shifted to her.

"What?" The man said, annoyed.

She wrote, "Can I help you?".

The man read her writing, then he faced the receptionist, "Man... seriously, I didn't know that the guild was so lacking in personnel, that they had to employ that cat."

The receptionist, who was focusing on other adventurer, finally faced him and said, "Yes, we are. That 'cat' you are ignoring is another adventurer in our employ. Furthermore, she took the customer service department. Please direct all your complaint to the customer service officer."

"Tch, what a lousy service. Not only they put a cat, it is also mute. What can you do anyway?" He muttered.

she took the chalkboard and chalk and wrote, "Solving your problem."

"You serious?"

She wrote, "yes."

"Tch. Can't get worse than the current situation anyway. Alright, you get one chance." He said.

He then continued, "One of my teammate died. He was the father of the unborn child of another teammate. She semi-retired since she went pregnant, and I am the sole member of this party right now. She asked me to marry her, because she said, 'Why did you let him die?' while crying. That time, I agreed to that because she was in grief. I just can't say no. Besides, she is a good friend of mine too."

"Then, yesterday, I found out that I have a child, from my childhood friend in my hometown. We never married, and it was just one time we did it, when I departed to join the adventurer guild eight years ago. My mother asked me to return to my hometown, since that childhood friend of mine has been raising my son as a single mother. Apparently, my mother had part in raising her grandson and they were doing fine, until my son asked for his father. She asked me to make it official with my childhood friend."

"I want to ask if there are solution to this."

She immediately wrote, "Polygamy."

"What? My mom would kill me if I did that. She will think that I don't have any integrity."

She honestly wondered at this point, what did that man problem had in relation to the guild. The man asked for customer service though, and she would do her best to deliver a solution that satisfied him.

She erased the chalkboard and wrote, "Tell the truth. Bring your wife to visit".

The man pondered this, and said, "Is that really the best?"

She nodded. then she wrote, "bring childhood friend here."

"Huh... what?"

She wrote, "social stigma."

"Oh, you mean my childhood friend. I can see where that would be a problem. I guess that's that. Thank you for your help."

The man left.

------------

The second man that came to the customer service desk was an elf archer. He was accompanied by his two female teammate, one human and one a dwarf. When he came in front of her desk, he stared at her, and said,

"Can I rub your belly?"

At that moment, she felt that she must draw the line, or something bad would befallen on her. She wanted to say no, but her quest said that she must do a satisfactory job. Because of that, she nodded.

The man and his companion took that as an invitation. Their hands were everywhere, touching her body. After around one minute, the expression of bliss could be seen on their face.

"I'm healed..." The human said.

"Yeah, coming here was not a bad decision. How fluffy..." The dwarf replied.

"...", nothing from the elf.

She poked the elf, and wrote on her chalkboard, "problem?"

The elf, seeing her inquiry began narrating their problem.

"We had a job three days ago. We had to go into the farm, and make some artificial rain for some plants on a greenhouse. This girl's specialty is water magic, so we accepted that quest." He pointed at the female magician.

The woman continued, "Apparently, our quest was marked as a failure. We thought we had done satisfactory job. I think it was a conflict of interest, since the son of the farmer was her ex." He pointed at the dwarf.

The dwarf then said, "Well, he asked me to return to be his girlfriend again. Else he would mark our quest as failure. We actually properly watered the plant though. Anyway, since he was saying that in front of my adventurer boyfriend here, my boyfriend challenged him to a duel."

After she heard that, her mind came up with a certain quest she marked as failure yesterday. The man that issued the quest had broken bones, with the bill as the proof. Since the quest report didn't mention this issue, she failed them.

Then the man said. "Obviously he was no match for me. I have defeated him and asked him to not bother my girlfriend anymore."

She was certain that the quest she remembered was the one. What the man did not say was that the man had done it by stepping on the requester's head when he did that. The requester said that the man pulled his left hand until it was dislocated.

"So with that quest done, we returned. yet when we got our report back, it was marked as failure. I bet it was slander that the man did. We want you to give us the reward. We are certain that we have done the job properly, after all."

Including threatening and harming their own client? She thought that was ridiculous.

It was only 10G, that she could easily pay from her own pocket, and they would be satisfied with the customer service. That being said, she couldn't condone that behavior at all, even if they had personal feud with the client. Would they dare to start something in the guild, anyway?

Discretion was the better part of the valor, she thought. Giving them the money reward, she made a note on the quest report about their behavior.

----------------

"Hello. my name is John. I want to claim my insurance."

Wait. Since when the guild provide insurance service? She was confused.

"An insurance company I've become a member of don't want to give my sister the payout on the event of my death. I've got my death certificate here. I want the guild lawyer to represent me on the court."

She was really confused. An undead came up to her and want to claim the insurance? was this really the guild jurisdiction? Did the membership of adventurer get terminated on the event of the adventurer's death? With several undead members though, she doubted it.

'What? What is this? I am really confused.'

She felt that too.

"Article number 12, fourth clause. The adventurer, who is a member of the guild where the Court of law is located, is able to request the guild to represent them in the court." He said.

She opened her desk and found the adventurer guidebook. As he said, it was written exactly like that. She has not been trained to handle the matter of law at all. Since she knew nothing of what she should do, she looked at the nearest senior employee, which is the receptionist.

"Please wait." She wrote.

It took 30 minutes until the receptionist was relatively free. The receptionist showed her which form to be filled (in triplicate) on a matter like this and pushed her to interact with the undead. After giving ink and the form to the man, she sat on her desk.

After returning the form, the undead thanked her and left.

------------------

It was the afternoon. The clock pointed to 5 o'clock. Some of the workers was already preparing to return to home.

As there was no more customer she needed to take care, she cleaned up her desk and returned the chalkboard to its place. Today, with the trusty chalkboard, she was able to take care of various cases. She felt satisfied with her job performance.

"Mei~ko!" a woman hugged her from behind. She recognized the voice as the receptionist.

"So how was your day, Meiko?" the woman asked.

She showed the woman the quest report she has written. The woman read that and raised her eyebrows.

"Hou~. Twelve cases for today, eh? Let's see. eight complaint were successfully resolved, three pending action and one failed to be resolved satisfactorily."

Six of them were a simple matter. one of them involve a magician as the one who made the request, and alchemist who sent the reagent for the magician's spell. The alchemist made the reagent too effective that the magician's spell explode in her face. The magician asked her for the reparation from the alchemist due to the ruined project, but the alchemist proved that he followed the specification and the product was working as intended. Another dispute she had resolved was the injustice that a teammate of a group received, because her party leader had been romantically involved with another teammate. The girl recorded everything in her notebook from the last month, and this was corroborated by another teammate. As it was, she calculated the damage caused by this preferential treatment of the leader to his lover, and ask the leader to pay the fine for it.

"Hmm... Hmmm... So you worked hard today. Meiko. Good job." The woman said while ruffling her head.

She felt satisfied too for today's work.
Well done here's your reward.

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Distress Call
Objectives:
  • Respond to the distress call.
  • Provide assistance in any way required.
A distress flare just went up in the wilderness.
We have no idea what it might be, but someone needs to go check it out.
Do you think you are ready for this task?
Rewards:
Report - Solet' Luna
As I watched the flare went up in the West, I suddenly recalled the previous divination from Priestess Oam, and so, taking advantage of this, I accepted the quest and went to provide assistance.

The distance between the city and the estimated flare location was very far, almost reaching the Village of Asteria. If not for its deviation into the northern forest, I would have visited the Village too. Thankfully, I had prepared everything so that I could at least survive within the forest for a week with ease. Wildness was like my second home in my previous world. After all, the sorceress could not live with ordinary humans.

Upon arrival, I noticed the remnants of a broken carriage, filled with traces of battle. From the look of the blood and tears, I concluded that the distress caller must have fought hard against the dire wolves and suffered serious injuries. They should be hiding somewhere while counting on my effort to find them before the wildlife took their life.

Without any hesitation, I went in to find more clues. Aside from the carriage, there was one mauled corpse. Their identity, although could not be verified, had confirmed one of my suspension, that this group of people were merchants. The goods inside their broken storage matched with their attire.

It was then that I noticed a faint fragrance of an unknown origin. At first, I saw a pack of perfumes so I assumed everything. However, after a while, my vision started to get blurry and tired. I felt like something was dragging my eyelids down, telling me bedtime stories while singing me a lullaby.

In quick succession, I rolled to the side and dodged an arrow, causing it to miss its original target and grazed my shoulder. Before anything happened, I pulled out an orb and crushed it with my hand, breaking it and causing the soft liquid to leak out, diffusing into the air and counteracted the sleeping gas.

Three cloaked individuals stepped out from the shadow of the trees and circled around me, revealing nothing except for the golden rose symbol on their backhand. It seemed that everything about this distress call was a trap to lure me out. Finally, after spending time relaxing, the danger caught up to me.

I raised my hand and attempted to channel my ice magic, however, the instant I moved, another arrow flashed past, interrupting my channelling. Leaving me with no choice, I jumped to the side and rushed towards one of the figures, pulling out a small dagger in the process.

A metallic noise echoed as the figure blocked my dagger with his arm. This dull dagger could not pierce through the armour he had prepared in advance. I retreated backwards and dropped down to swipe my leg, kicking his legs to make him lost balance. By doing this, I managed to avoid getting my neck sliced off by his sword.

As the man lost his balance, he fell onto the ground and was left in a defenseless state. I intended to finish him with my dagger, but a sharp pain originated from my other hand, causing me to reflexively stop and allowed the man to slip away. The other figure stabbed my hand with his dagger, the assassin was quiet, and I did not notice his presence behind me before it was too late.

Thankfully, as the two entangled with me, the last anchor could not fire her arrow. As she could not risk injuring her comrades.

Enduring the pain, I dropped my dagger and made a grasping motion and shot a piece of dart-like ice towards the swordman. Although I missed his neck, I still managed to blind one of his eyes. He screamed in agony as he struggled to move. He would be out of the combat for a while.

As I felt the dagger pulling out, I gritted my teeth and grabbed hold of it, causing strong pain to radiate throughout my body. Since the dagger is stuck my hand, I used my ice magic to freeze it together with my skin, preventing blood loss as well as stopping the assassin to pull it out.

I kicked backwards and caused the assassin to panic and let go of his dagger. Knowing that I separated from him, I spun around and rolled on the ground again, picking up the dropped dagger in the process. As the archer missed her target again, she grew annoyed, but her face quickly twisted as she realised my motive.

The direction I rolled to make the distance me and her shrink, and I intended to get rid of this girl first. The assassin also realised this, but he had no dagger so he could only rush to the swordsman to pick up his sword. Due to her inexperience in close combat, the archer panicked and stepped backwards, allowing me to control the tempo and stabbed her continuously.

However, although she had little to no experience, her body was agile and could stall me for some time. I also needed to be wearied of the hidden strike from the assassin, knowing that one dagger was all that he had.

I could feel my shoulder getting numb, and my vision started to become blackened again. It seemed that the dagger and the arrows were poisoned. Nevertheless, I endured and tried to finish her as soon as possible. Fortunately, the archer finally messed up and allowed me to trick her into stepping back as I slid forward.

As she parried my strike with her own dagger, I extended my other, bloody, hand outwards. It was glowing in blue light as sharp spear-like ice was growing inside it. In an instant, the spear shot towards the archer, stabbing into her slender, pale neck. I watched as her eyes revealed incomparable despair and the warm blood gushed out without end. Finally, her body dropped onto the ground, creating a pool of crimson stain.

The assassin seemed shocked as he retracted his tongue and decided not to use his hidden weapon. He quickly moved to the swordsman's side and watched me as if I was a demoness. Fear and hatred were apparent in his eyes.

My vision was getting blurry, and my hands were trembling, however, I revealed an outwards strong appearance as if none of it had affected me. Finally, I threw out my Decomposition Potion to the corpse, causing it to disintegrate into a pile of black goo. The potion frightened the two men, and they did not try to do anything while watching me slowly strode into the darkness. If only they knew about the potion's ineffectiveness against the living...

Only when I was sure that no one followed me did I collapsed onto the ground. If not for Solet's holy magic, I would not be able to crawl my way back to the City and reported this. With bandages all over my body, I could feel pain all the time, except for my shoulder and hand, which felt numb as if they had already rotten away.

This time, I suffered a lot. Golden Rose— I'll remember this.

Last edited:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
> > >
Night Watch
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.
  • Do not leave your post.
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed.We need people to help keep the city safe. Rewards:
> > >

As of his last report, Benji has submitted this report in a collection of sketches utilizing Unlimited Graphite Works, reaching up to 200 pages in about 3 leather books. A transcriber has attached a narrative, stringing the sketches together in a cohesive story for ease of evaluation.

Benji had started his shift from the stroke of midnight to the break of dawn. Taking a post overlooking a greater part of Scribel City, Benji has provided detailed depictions of the goings of the night through his sketches, with intervals of one to three minutes. This can be proven by the clock tower sitting afar from Benji's post, providing accurate time stamps for each of Benji's sketches. All his sketches were done in a first-person perspective, and the narrative will continue as such.

Benji's shift was uneventful, with only one occasion of the bell being rung. The streets were mostly filled with beggars, stragglers and wanderers of the night.

From midnight to around three, nothing noteworthy had happened. However, during a few minutes to four, a group rowdy men had appeared in an alleyway close to the church. There were three in the group, seemingly drunken and agitated. Behind them trailed a woman in rags, bruised and cuffed with ropes on her wrists. As the men dragged the women, they were seen, in several sketches, to be assaulting the woman, beating her with their limbs and sometimes bottles of rum. At this point, Benji's alarm rung for around a minute. Even if it wasn't a big event in need of guards, Benji seemed to find the situation fit to alert the guards.

The alarm stopped ringing when the men brought the woman into an alley shrouded from view of the post. From then, Benji's sketches continued on uneventfully, with intents to stay on his post. It was unsure what went on in his mind during the happening, but it seemed to had done no more than to invoke an alarm from the man.

Then, close to half past five, something emerged from the same shrouded alley where the men had taken the woman.

Under the shadow, it was unclear what the silhouette was. But through Benji's Unlimited Graphite Works, it could be determined that the silhouette was a woman. The woman was seen to have wings on her back, with horns protruding from her head. The woman was only seen in three of Benji's sketches, with her taking off and never to be seen again.

Efforts to find the drunken men had been futile.

Attached:
  • Two self-potraits of Benji in separate papers
  • 3 leather books containing over 200 pages of quest reports in the form of detailed sketches
Reported items from Little Green Bag:
  • None

Last edited:

Bochi

Vicious was playing around with her newfound friend in the tavern as Luna entered, and after an initial peek of curiosity was quickly followed by a second peek of shock, she took the report and breezed through it.
Distress Call
Objectives:
  • Respond to the distress call.
  • Provide assistance in any way required.
A distress flare just went up in the wilderness.
We have no idea what it might be, but someone needs to go check it out.
Do you think you are ready for this task?
Rewards:
Report - Solet' Luna
As I watched the flare went up in the West, I suddenly recalled the previous divination from Priestess Oam, and so, taking advantage of this, I accepted the quest and went to provide assistance.

The distance between the city and the estimated flare location was very far, almost reaching the Village of Asteria. If not for its deviation into the northern forest, I would have visited the Village too. Thankfully, I had prepared everything so that I could at least survive within the forest for a week with ease. Wildness was like my second home in my previous world. After all, the sorceress could not live with ordinary humans.

Upon arrival, I noticed the remnants of a broken carriage, filled with traces of battle. From the look of the blood and tears, I concluded that the distress caller must have fought hard against the dire wolves and suffered serious injuries. They should be hiding somewhere while counting on my effort to find them before the wildlife took their life.

Without any hesitation, I went in to find more clues. Aside from the carriage, there was one mauled corpse. Their identity, although could not be verified, had confirmed one of my suspension, that this group of people were merchants. The goods inside their broken storage matched with their attire.

It was then that I noticed a faint fragrance of an unknown origin. At first, I saw a pack of perfumes so I assumed everything. However, after a while, my vision started to get blurry and tired. I felt like something was dragging my eyelids down, telling me bedtime stories while singing me a lullaby.

In quick succession, I rolled to the side and dodged an arrow, causing it to miss its original target and grazed my shoulder. Before anything happened, I pulled out an orb and crushed it with my hand, breaking it and causing the soft liquid to leak out, diffusing into the air and counteracted the sleeping gas.

Three cloaked individuals stepped out from the shadow of the trees and circled around me, revealing nothing except for the golden rose symbol on their backhand. It seemed that everything about this distress call was a trap to lure me out. Finally, after spending time relaxing, the danger caught up to me.

I raised my hand and attempted to channel my ice magic, however, the instant I moved, another arrow flashed past, interrupting my channelling. Leaving me with no choice, I jumped to the side and rushed towards one of the figures, pulling out a small dagger in the process.

A metallic noise echoed as the figure blocked my dagger with his arm. This dull dagger could not pierce through the armour he had prepared in advance. I retreated backwards and dropped down to swipe my leg, kicking his legs to make him lost balance. By doing this, I managed to avoid getting my neck sliced off by his sword.

As the man lost his balance, he fell onto the ground and was left in a defenseless state. I intended to finish him with my dagger, but a sharp pain originated from my other hand, causing me to reflexively stop and allowed the man to slip away. The other figure stabbed my hand with his dagger, the assassin was quiet, and I did not notice his presence behind me before it was too late.

Thankfully, as the two entangled with me, the last anchor could not fire her arrow. As she could not risk injuring her comrades.

Enduring the pain, I dropped my dagger and made a grasping motion and shot a piece of dart-like ice towards the swordman. Although I missed his neck, I still managed to blind one of his eyes. He screamed in agony as he struggled to move. He would be out of the combat for a while.

As I felt the dagger pulling out, I gritted my teeth and grabbed hold of it, causing strong pain to radiate throughout my body. Since the dagger is stuck my hand, I used my ice magic to freeze it together with my skin, preventing blood loss as well as stopping the assassin to pull it out.

I kicked backwards and caused the assassin to panic and let go of his dagger. Knowing that I separated from him, I spun around and rolled on the ground again, picking up the dropped dagger in the process. As the archer missed her target again, she grew annoyed, but her face quickly twisted as she realised my motive.

The direction I rolled to make the distance me and her shrink, and I intended to get rid of this girl first. The assassin also realised this, but he had no dagger so he could only rush to the swordsman to pick up his sword. Due to her inexperience in close combat, the archer panicked and stepped backwards, allowing me to control the tempo and stabbed her continuously.

However, although she had little to no experience, her body was agile and could stall me for some time. I also needed to be wearied of the hidden strike from the assassin, knowing that one dagger was all that he had.

I could feel my shoulder getting numb, and my vision started to become blackened again. It seemed that the dagger and the arrows were poisoned. Nevertheless, I endured and tried to finish her as soon as possible. Fortunately, the archer finally messed up and allowed me to trick her into stepping back as I slid forward.

As she parried my strike with her own dagger, I extended my other, bloody, hand outwards. It was glowing in blue light as sharp spear-like ice was growing inside it. In an instant, the spear shot towards the archer, stabbing into her slender, pale neck. I watched as her eyes revealed incomparable despair and the warm blood gushed out without end. Finally, her body dropped onto the ground, creating a pool of crimson stain.

The assassin seemed shocked as he retracted his tongue and decided not to use his hidden weapon. He quickly moved to the swordsman's side and watched me as if I was a demoness. Fear and hatred were apparent in his eyes.

My vision was getting blurry, and my hands were trembling, however, I revealed an outwards strong appearance as if none of it had affected me. Finally, I threw out my Decomposition Potion to the corpse, causing it to disintegrate into a pile of black goo. The potion frightened the two men, and they did not try to do anything while watching me slowly strode into the darkness. If only they knew about the potion's ineffectiveness against the living...

Only when I was sure that no one followed me did I collapsed onto the ground. If not for Solet's holy magic, I would not be able to crawl my way back to the City and reported this. With bandages all over my body, I could feel pain all the time, except for my shoulder and hand, which felt numb as if they had already rotten away.

This time, I suffered a lot. Golden Rose— I'll remember this.
"...Someone's using the quests to lure out potential obstacles and silence them, huh. Nice job surviving. Go rest up."

Rewards:

Last edited:

Epsil

The Witch's 'Assistant' (Once Per Person)
Sponsor
: Black Witch Shiori
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Drink one of Shiori's homebrewed potions.
Description: So! With the recent harvest, Shiori's been making potions of all kinds, and Shiori's been labelling none of them. That's where you come in. You're going to drink the potion and then hopefully tell Shiori the effects, and Shiori will record them down. Don't worry, Shiori doesn't want a bounty on Shiori's head either, so if you accidentally ingest the wrong potion, Shiori will do Shiori's best to keep it a secret...errr, do Shiori's best to heal you. Shiori didn't cook up any instant death potions, so it'll be alright. There's even a risk pay, you know?

Rewards:
  • Gold: 30 G
  • 1 random buff or debuff that may or may not last until your next quest ends. (Depends on the player.)
An instant death potion would've been great. I drank the yellow-green potion. I felt nothing at first, but then I felt everything. I could feel everything!
I could feel the sensation of the wind running across my eyelashes, I could feel the unevenness of the wooden floor I stood on. I could feel the pain from the mosquito biting into my neck. I could even feel my mana. How it flows throughout the body, how it forces its way through every nook and cranny. The feeling kept expanding and expanding, the relaxing feeling before became an unbearable pain. I couldn't handle it and fainted. When I woke up, I found all my senses to be stronger, and found myself being able to feel my own mana.
Ability Gained: < Magic >

"...I won't ask what happened. She sent you a note, by the way. I didn't read it either. Something about being sorry and hoping your head didn't explode...I mean, that's just my guess, of course. I wouldn't do something like that."

Rewards: 30 G

@Bochi

Last edited:

Bochi

An instant death potion would've been great. I drank the yellow-green potion. I felt nothing at first, but then I felt everything. I could feel everything!
I could feel the sensation of the wind running across my eyelashes, I could feel the unevenness of the wooden floor I stood on. I could feel the pain from the mosquito biting into my neck. I could even feel my mana. How it flows throughout the body, how it forces its way through every nook and cranny. The feeling kept expanding and expanding, the relaxing feeling before became an unbearable pain. I couldn't handle it and fainted. When I woke up, I found all my senses to be stronger, and found myself being able to feel my own mana.
Ability Gained: < Mana >, < Mana Control >, < Mana Sense >

@Bochi
"...I won't ask what happened. She sent you a note, by the way. I didn't read it either. Something about being sorry and hoping your head didn't explode...I mean, that's just my guess, of course. I wouldn't do something like that."

Rewards: 30 G