Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Reciful

APPRAISED

Poachers [SC0409]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 4
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Forest Ranger
  • Investigate the area for signs of poaching.
  • Track the poachers and confront them.
  • Convince them to stop poaching (how?).
  • Do not break the law (i.e. no murder).
The World of Tonia is full of many wonderful and precious things.These rare creatures — like unicorns — need to be protected. Unfortunately, there are people out there who will exploitatively hunt rare creatures.They don't care if the environment is destroyed or a species goes extinct.Will you stand aside and let this happen? Rewards:
  • Money: 5 G
  • Other: n/a

Character: Reciful 'Innocent Malice'
Lvl: 5 (Rank E)
Class: Villainess
Race: Children of Chaos

Quest name: Poachers

QUEST REPORT
Its noon the sun shine brightly above with only some few clouds in the sky to obstruct its light.

Beneath the dense trees of the forest. A Pure white Figure is walking & skipping as she follows the trail in this dense woods with gleeful steps under the shade of the Northern Forest of Scrible which is also called Biome forest... But no one actually call it that.

The pure white girl with white hair, white skin, crimson red eye, & pure white dress... The white girl name is Reciful she is in the forest as for the request from the guild to Tortur-- *Cough*... I mean 'Convince' Poachers to stop their illegal activity in the Biome forest.

Reciful Continues her Merry steps as if she is in a garden & not inside a dangerous forest full of wild beast & monsters. Ignoring some Horned rabbits, kicking & stamping some unfortunate Slimes & Insects who block her path. She truly look like a beautiful innocent teenage girl who goes out for a walk.... If you ignore the location & how she crushed those slime & Insects without a second thought with the sole of her foot, that is.

After a few more minutes of a enjoyable strolling. Finally, she found a group of men who looks like they are up to no good deep in the forest & a smile appear on her youthful face... I smile saying she found her preys.

The group of men consisting 7 people they look like your average Adventurer they are currently surrounding a Biome Wolf pup.

Biome Wolfs & Dire Wolves are two different species, you can just think that Dire Wolves are bigger & Wilder Version of ordinary wolfs. While Biome Wolfs is Magical animal known for their rare magical fluffy fur they are territorial & mostly seen in Biome forest unlike The dire wolves.

While they are busy bullying the poor Pup to catch it & sell it fur or perhaps use the pup to entrap its fellow Biome Wolfs. Reciful nonchalantly Approached them with light steps.

"What the.. who's there!!" One of the guys shouted noticed Reciful. Alerting the others in return now they notice her.

"A girl?... Go home lass! If you don't want to get hurt" another one shouted.

All while Reciful looks at them with poker face & then she stares at the pitiful crying pup wolf.

"Bullying innocent little doggy is bad you know?... Its really bad you know?"

Reciful said to them with wide open eyes as she tilted her head sideways cutely.

"Pff buahahaha!! Are you fucking dumb kid?"
"Ahahah bullying bad?.... Bad my ass!! Ahahaha!"
"Ahahahaha the f**k is that ahaha"
"Ahahahaha"

They all laughed at Reciful words making her pout her cheek cutely in irritation.

"Ahh~ look she is angry guys stop mocking the stupid kid! Ahahaha" said by the leader noticing Reciful pouted cheeks

They laughed again mocking Reciful rudely, with disrespect which Reciful hate the most. None of them notice the oddness at all... This is deep within the northern Forest full of dangerous elements.. why is a weak looking girl like her is alone here? How is that possible?... They forgotten those details, as they continue laughing. But seems like the biome wolf pup a race known for its intelligent notice the oddness & now looking at Reciful with more wariness than the group of Poachers.

Reciful now wants to murder every single one of them & eat their flesh... But fortunately before she do it something move before she act.

A crudely made arrow flies raining towards the Poachers, then immediately a group of 10 Goblins appear in the bushes & behind the trees... They are surrounded.

Each of the Arrows is smeared with Goblin pee & feces so its poisonous For human.

The Biome pup lucky did not get hit, while Reciful have a scratch on her hand as she blocked one arrow. But the Poachers were all in bad shape while 1 is dead being hit in the eyes & throat by arrows.

As the poison slowly effect the poachers, they felt fear & agitation. Then they notice the goblins shift their attention towards Reciful a female... Goblins is known for being a Disgusting rapist. The Poachers smile thinking that they can use the white girl as a escape goat, a bait so they can escape along with the Pup.

But~

Their fantasy is cut short due to the scene happen before their eyes next.

A wounded white girl covered by a flaming red aura while her body smudged by her own Mysterious black blood & red blood from the Goblins, cut from swords & arrows is stuck upon her white skin.

Some unknown magical black bullets shot out from the white girls hand puncturing the body of the Goblins. As she punched, Kick, bite, tear off. The goblins one by one splattering flesh, & innards everywhere. As she bath through their blood. even thought out numbered & for some reason the poison is not effecting her.... Which mean she is not biologically human at all.

No fear can be seen in her eye but Instead a insane light of joy as she tears through their guts laughing innocently, giggling at each goblin she tears apart with her hands. Eating their flesh to recover her strength & wounds. Each goblin eaten she became a little bit stronger. The confident Goblins before now Shivered at her sight, their lust became terror... They make a mistake its not a girl... Its a monster in a shape of a girl.

From 10 goblin it became 4. They try to Retreat but Reciful did not let it. She pick up their fallen weapons & throws it at the remaining Goblins with inhuman strength while she is in Berserk state. Peircing their body they became affected by their own poison unable to move... They watch as Reciful slowly approach them with a smile on her face & she mutilated them eating them alive.

The poachers watch this all while paralysed from the poison... Extreme terror as if they are inside a nightmare. Where a little girl enjoyed a brutal savage fight slowly slaughtering & eating the goblins as she laughs Innocently here deep in the woods.

The white girl stained in red, standing in the middle of scattered Entrails & blood of severely mutilated Goblins. With a nonchalantly innocent smile on her face... Slowly the sunny sky covered her visage by the shadow of a cloud passing by. she spoke to the poachers who all are wiggling like worms in the ground still unavailable to move. She Persuade them as her ominously red eyes glows as she gaze at their eyes.

"Oooh~ right I almost forgot about you guys!... Ahahaha! Oh right! I came here to Persuade you peacefully♪ to stop Poaching cause it bad you know.. really bad~.... You know~ ....just what will happen if for example you humans went extinct because someone keep hunting you? Right~ also its dangerous in the forest! You know!... If you die & disappears here, deep in the woods.... Ehe-ehehehehe not a single soul shall find your dead body... No matter how much you scream for help no salvation shall come~...........soooooo~ its will really sad if you die here without anyone knowing Right? as you slowly rot as worms eat your body~ no one will find you, no one will search for you, no one will know your death. In Here deep in the woods... Sooo stop okey.. cause there will be no next time you got it?"

Reciful sincerely persuaded them with a smile on her face covered in wounds & blood.

While the poachers did not speak a single sound in utter terror. they even peed of their pants out of fear they simply nod their head like a broken doll..... Now they will never step inside the forest cause the memory of this day shall haunts them this day onwards & forevermore.

They let the terrified pup go & as the Poachers wish nothing but run away from the forest from the White girl.

Reciful successfully convince some poachers to stop doing illegal things.... Without hitting them. Not at all!

Last edited:

Quaesitor

EVALUATED
> > >
Harvest Season [SC0105]
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Assist a farmer with their crops.
  • Chase away any pests.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Farmers in the Scribel Region are always in need of temporary labor.
Head out to rural farmland and get reconnected with nature.
Beware: Pests and bugs are slightly bigger here than you might expect!
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
  • Other: A basket of fresh produce
> > >
While we do have a decent stockpile of money, it, uh, it's not gonna last long at this rate. So I have no other choice but to reduce the costs of living and what better way to do that than get food and money at once? I hope we will last long enough at this rate... but this is the time for actions, not words!

So I take this quest and rush - well, not rush, more like hurriedly... no, relaxedly walk to a rural farm. There's no point if I arrive exhausted, is there? Once there, the farmer happily greets me. Quite an amiable fellow, it seems almost like he gave this quest looking for company - the whole farm seems to be run by him alone, and I bet he could arm-wrestle both of my arms with a single one of his.

While having a pleasant chat we both start to harvest crops, with me slowly getting used to this task while he easily does multiple times my work. It's almost frightening, to be honest. I think he could even out-wrestle a minotaur. But more than frightened, I am in awe. I mean, isn't that cool and manly!? It makes me want to put on more muscle myself!

After working for some time I wipe away my sweat before he suddenly comes towards me and points towards one of the farm's fences. "I need you there, lad. Don't forget your weapon, eh? Gonna need it."

"Ah, pest extermination? Worry not, I will not disappoint!"

What the pest turns out to be is a horde of about 12 giant bugs ignoring everything except for the plants. Together with my assistance, the farmer manages to kill all of them, and in the evening we burn the corpses on a bonfire. They smell surprisingly good, and apparently this smell even wards off these bugs. That's convenient.

I leave a bit later, and the farmer hands me a big basket filled with various crops. "For the wife n kids, aye?"

He's nice. With the basket in my arms, I return to the guild and hand in my report.

Last edited:

Quaesitor

EVALUATED
> > >
Slime Subjugation [SC0103]
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in Scribel City.
  • Collect 10 slime cores.
Slimes are a pest in Scribel City, and they end up in all sorts of weird places.
While they aren’t too dangerous, they can slowly erode and damage structures over time.
They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff.
Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!
Rewards:
> > >
Small quests in which I can also get food are good and all, but I have to progress through the ranks or I won't be able to support my family on my own. So this one seems to be good. But with what I've heard about slimes, it seems like I won't be able to use my sword for it. Which is why I got my dear wife to make me a sling from some scraps I got cheaply! Oh, and don't mind the bruises on my face. There was a, uh, small disagreement because I got home late last time.

Now, armed with the sling and a few dozen rocks I picked up along the way, I make my way through the city. Whenever I see a slime I simply load a rock into the sling, and snipe the slime with it! Or so I'd wish. Instead, it takes me quite a few tries to hit a slime's core. Using a sling is harder than you may think, okay!? But seriously, if I didn't want to keep my sword safe, this would be child's play... no one likes fighting against creatures that damage your equipment.

Strolling through the streets, I search through the unpopular side-alleys and places where people don't commonly spend their time, slowly killing one slime after another, safely placing their cores in my bag. It takes a while and a lot of rocks, but I finally manage to collect 10 cores and return to the guild, handing them over along with my report.

And there might even be enough time for second quest today. Nice!

Last edited:

Quaesitor

EVALUATED
Prepare Defenses
Sponsor:
Scribel City Guild
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Create traps that will be effective against the slimes near the south and eastern gates.
  • Ensure that the gates and their surrounding walls are in peak condition to not let any slimes go through a crack in the wall to infiltrate the city.
  • Teach the best methods to defeat slimes to the defenders.
  • Gather equipment and/or tools that are good at killing slimes.
  • Do anything else that might help in the defense of the city when the time comes.
Description: If conflict is inevitable, we need to be prepared for it in advance. Make sure our defenses are top notch and best-suited to killing those jelly beings!
The Dwarves of Gelderholm in particular seem to have a variety of tools that are excellent at dealing with large enemy numbers. Obtaining some of them would be great... Though it might be hard to get those when considering how they're needed for their own defensive battle. Nonetheless, it would be greatly appreciated if you could get some of them.
Rewards:
  • Exp: 30
  • Money: 25G
Upon hearing of the news of a slime horde approaching the city, I am shocked. I just arrived here with my family, and now we are already facing an attack!? Dammit! I won't allow a single slime to hurt my family! Oh, and this quest gives good money. Awesome! cough I mean quite understandable in such desperate times.

Now, how can I do as much work at once as possible to get this over with quickly? Ah, I know! I grab a bunch of defenders and circle around the city walls, inspecting them for any damage while I explain to them how slimes work, and to beware of their corrosive properties. Well, that's a lot of talk but it boils down to staying away from the slimes as far as you can while attacking them - essentially ranged weapons and long sticks, cause sticks are replaceable. Or just throwing rocks, really. As long as it hits a core, things are good.

Any damage on the wall we spot, we immediately report to a guard and fix it with the materials they supply. It takes quite a while, but at the end of the day, we've managed to make a whole circle around the wall, fixing damaged spots, and discuss the ways of fighting slimes in detail. Or rather, what cheap ranged weapons one could use.

With that done, I return to the guild and hand in my report.

Last edited:

Vanus

Evaluated
> > >
Bandit Subjugation [SC0504]
  • Required Level: 5
Objectives:
  • Encounter a bandit, thief, or highwayman.
  • Stop them and apprehend them.
  • Note: The reward is reduced for killing them.
  • Warning: Do not overestimate yourself.
    • Fighting when greatly outnumbered is risky.
    • Report large groups of bandits to the guild.
Greedy criminals plague the roads of this region.Fortunately, most bandits in this area are unskilled and looking for coin.While they may be untrained, many are vicious and quick to play dirty.Don't get caught off guard if they pull out a poisoned dagger! Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G
> > >
Assertion: Bandit problems have been occurring to the misers and more information on who the supporters of this bandits is required.
Conclusion: Use Adventurer guild quest to capture bandit, thief or highwayman to capture and lock away a bandit after torturing for information.
Assertion: Bandits reported to be midway between the river split point and the city from all reports that I have noted from the Misers.
Conclusion: Lies within the boundary of what I am willing to afford to get this done and to gain a deeper foothold within the Misers.
Assertion: No negatives to be received from torturing the individual halfway to death.
Conclusion: Possibilities of success high. Methods allowed. Action to be taken green lit.
With my course thus decided it was time to put my plan into action the information gathered for the Misers would be pivotal in the next stage of attack as well it would keep myself active in both the guild and Misers employ a situation that I felt should continue for now.

Having offloaded the pyrovore to [insert adventurer name here] I made my way to the upstream section of the river to fill the water bottle I would be unlikely to need it but well you can never be to prepared on stealth ops. Just as I hear you can never be to prepared for psy ops and as I know from great experience of others it's impossible to prepare to much for a military operation only to long. This has been well and truly demonstrated by the second great adage that goes along with this, plans never survive first contact with the enemy. Adaptability and flexibility of the armed forces and the monitoring of the supply lines is what wins wars not the tacticians and generals plotting. Here I stopped my reminiscence it was not going to aid my self in this action in any way.
Assertion: Supplies fully loaded and at peak condition currently available.
Conclusion: Execute mission.

My heading was to the first point that had been ambushed the supply wagon was suppossed to be carrying 12 working Skaven weaponry as well as some other nifty goods and a detachment of fighters to aid in the conquering of the criminal underworld though at least the Skaven weaponry was destroyed before the enemy got their hands on it. The detachment of fighters was executed though and only the coach driver was allowed to continue on with his broken wares. This would have to be dealt with most definitely. There were two other sites that I'd used to judge the position of the bandits and allowed for my confirmation that this was actually a case of banditry and not a targeted attack on the Misers by a government or other such organisation.

A burnt out patch of ground? Traces of blood still on the air and what seems to have been an attack on a carriage though the carriage has been completely decimated and the crew slaughtered or captured to a man.
Assertion: Enemy traces and recent massacre has occurred in this location.
Conclusion: Avoidance till threat assessment is complete.

Part 1.1.1.10.135: Threat assessment beginning, checking sound parameters. At regular levels. Checking smell parameters. Above regular levels though acceptable for situation. Movement levels below normal levels though acceptable from wind speed and smell accounted for.
Threat assessment complete stage 1 complete. No hostile presences detected from position 1. Recommend moving to position 2 immediately.

After the fragment did the threat assessment stage 1 I moved on in a clockwise direction to continue my observations of the site. As I was slowly moving around the site I was also moving in towards the central area of the site to get a better view on the damage that had been caused as well as to see if there were any weaponry that was involved in the attack. I parked my self in a small crevice in the ground upon arriving in the approximate area for the second stage scan.

Part 1.1.1.10.135: Threat assessment beginning, checking sound parameters. At regular levels. Checking smell parameters. Increased since previous check, still acceptable for situation though barely. Caution to be stepped up. Movement levels at normal levels unacceptable accounting for current speed and smell. Disturbance occurred. Caution to be put to max. Threat assessment complete. Turning over to threat detection mode.

Part 1.1.1.10.136: Threat detection ramped up to full. Focusing on movement and smell indexes do to suspicions appearing in them. Danger imminent switching to fighting mode.

My consciousness fragments rejoin as an arrow slams into the cover just above my head I quickly pull up the crossbow and charge out from my little hole the damned fragments hadn't worked properly did something interfere? If it did it seems it has decided to move on to a new host perhaps. HALT. A fragment rejoins and refocuses my mind as I spin around and dodge right past the second arrow shot at me. The target still not located though I have an idea where they are so I charge off towards it. Breaching the top of the hill an arrow comes flying into my side. Bugger. But now I have his position exactly. The benefits of being so scared this won't even be noticed soon enough. I lop off the arrow as close as I can to my own body whilst dropping to the ground to use the hill as a form of cover. I wince a little the drop pushed the arrow further into my body but this will have to be dealt with quickly I want him now. I peek up over the hill. The man is in sight I shove myself over the lip of the hill and pull the trigger on the crossbow. The bolt flies off and catches him right in knee dropping him to one leg. An arrow falls limply to the ground as the string is loosened and the man screams in pain. Yes an easy target though I must be quick time for his removal to the city of Scribel but first a torture session and the seeing to of my own wounds.

My prey was waiting for me he had slowly been trying to escape a hard job with a shattered knee but that also meant that I'd lost another bolt humans are after all unsurprisingly resilient. I'd gathered up enough wood to form a small fire pit and I'm sure my enemy would have the items on him to make it complete but that could wait the wound was otherwise fine. My body moving the small bits and pieces it could to prevent any troubles caused by the arrow for another few hours. "Tell me all you can about your friends mister before I have to start the cutting up process."
"I'll tell you nothing traitor." What traitor me he seems to have mistaken me for someone else it seems.
"MY FAITH in the Emperor is uncompromising and I do not know what you mean by traitor. It seems you have me mistaken for someone else." I slowly lick the dagger to bring out my more threatening side. "Now will you tell me what you want to know or do I have to make some incisions first?"
"You are the traitor and I won't tell you anything." The man is clearly afraid of me but he at least has some spine maybe he can be re-educated to see the light and his folly in believing that I was a traitor but that doesn't matter now. He's defied me time for some punishment. I slowly reach over to his uninjured knee and stab the knife in. Ever so slowly I begin moving the knife up his leg dragging out the process as much as I can. Screams come from his mouth a little problematic actually. I stop and grab some of his shirt and force it into his mouth. Then before he can spit it out I begin to cut again. The screaming resumes if now muffled by the shirt.

After a fair amount of time roughly half an hour of slowly tormenting him with the dagger. Trying to draw as little blood as possible to increase the pain without putting his life at risk I stop and sit back on my haunches. "Now will you tell me about your companions or do we start again?"
"I'll speak! I'LL SPEAK!" I rock off my haunches and slap the man after his yell comes out.
"Do not yell again we are still in the danger zone." Then I relax back into my cool and easy position of command.
"We are working for the Holy Human Empire." Bile rises in my throat what kind of heretical organisation is this. "We are to stop supplies that aren't from us arriving at Scribel city. We are 30 members 3 magisters all fire mages and 10 knights the other 17 are just local bandits that they ar pulling together. Honest." I look at his broken face. Disgusting creature he's a heretic I'd kill him here and now but information from the horses mouth is always better. "They are pulling as many non-human bandits as they can into their group to make it look like they aren't from the holy human empire but we all know better. Anyway they force us to all help them."
A traitor a heretic and a turncoat I'd love to slit his throat but that would be unnecessary and moving his body would become more inconvenient.

The journey back was annoyingly longer whilst the journey to had only taken 2 days the return took 3 2 to get half way and then a carriage ride to get to the city proper. This was probably the easiest capture and retrieval mission I'd ever performed on a member of the human race but at the same time the one that almost went the furthest wrong unsettling. Practice of hiding and stalking will be required.
Captured a bandit though he has been tortured a fair amount.
Bandit has low pain tolerance. He was caught about midway between the split point of the river and here.
The area was covered in burn scars that appear to be from a fire mage.
The bandit claims links to the Holy Human Empire in some way may be a lie.
The bandit is unlikely to ever walk again without extensive healing or some form of aid due to both his knees being basically destroyed.
I suffered a blow from an arrow myself though that has for the most part been dealt with.
Time taken in total about 5 days.
The group that he was a part of 5 days ago was 30 members large and included 3 magisters supposedly. It has likely expanded in size since then and will thus prey upon more and more carriages which will allow increased ranged and the cycle continues. Recommend extermination. Completely and as fast as possible.

Last edited:

Alma

> > >

Driving the Wagon [SC0310]
  • Sponsor: Merchant's Guild
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Visit the Merchant's Guild warehouse.
  • Drive a wagon between Scribel City and Asteria Village.
  • Deliver the merchandise safely and undamaged.
  • Note: Recruiting guard(s) is recommended for safety reasons.
    • (Optional: Party Quest with Level 4 Escort Duty)
The Merchant Guild routinely drives trade across the continent.
We have a shipment of goods headed for Asteria Village.
Please ensure that the merchandise is delivered safely.
Beware of thieves and vagabonds on the road.
Rewards:
  • Money: 30 G
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Merchant Guild License
> > >

He wondered, why did he attempt this quest? The report he compiled for in the guild did say that there was a recent attack on the merchant wagon going to Asteria village. To mitigate that, he had to surrender 20G reward, just to hire another guard with him. Thus, it was a party of two who went to the asteria Village.

He said to the guard that he thought that it was possible for a night raid from the bandits. The grassland provided no cover for the bandit to hide, thus he thought that the group was probably using horses as their method of transportation. Along with the cover of the night, that was the way he would do it if he were in their position. To that, he asked the guard to go as fast as possible, so that they could arrive before night. Since the guard guaranteed that they could arrive in one day at the fastest pace, he trusted the guard. He left the guard to drive the wagon, as he haven't had any experience with horses.

Would they arrive before sundown? He prayed so that it would be. With just two of them, they would be hard-pressed to prevail against the bandit group. The reports he had read were saying that there were five to six person who did this every time. Even if the people's lives were spared, most of the time they succeed, they took the horses with them. Sometimes, the wagon were also taken.

For precaution, he casted Wall on both of them and the horses. It would last thirty minutes each time it was cast. Hopefully, this would give him time to heal both of them if they were attacked by arrows. As for the close range encounter, he would have to wing it with hand-to-hand.

"I need to gather mana. I'm going to run for a while." Ramza said.

"Gather mana? Don't you mage type meditate or something to do that?"

"My technique needs my feet to connect to the earth."

"Oh... Alright. I'll slow down the horses a little bit. Do your thing."

With that, for some time he ran along with the guard. As he felt his reserve full, he returned to the wagon, and the guard forced the horse to run again.

It was evening when they arrived at asteria village guard station. At this point, he felt that it should be safe. The horses looked fatigued, thus he exchanged some money for the horse feed and care. At this point, he would only have 6G as profit from this quest. That is, if nothing was wrong. After letting the horse rest for two hours, they continued their journey.

They arrived at evening. He contacted the merchant guild worker who worked here. After this finished, he only needed to submit the proof of delivery to the merchant guild, and he was done. The merchant allowed them to sleep at the barn, and they returned the next day.
Unevaluated.
Quest Report:
- Forced the horse to run, occassionally used healing magic to heal their fatigue, as well as protection. I arrive at the asteria village in one day. It seemed necessary because of reports of bandit attack at night. We both returned by walking. The proof of delivery had been submitted to the merchant guild.

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Quest Report - Evaluated
> > >
Moonlight Water [SC0402]
Objectives:
  • Visit the forest during a full moon.
  • Locate the Moonlight Spring.
  • Collect 5 bottles of Moonlight Water.
Somewhere in the forest, there is a spring that glows under the light of the full moon. Supposedly, this water has improved healing properties.The guild would like you acquire some for our stockpile. Beware — it can be dangerous outside at night. Rewards:
  • Money: 25 G
> > >

Quest Report - Okarin

Note: This quest is just grinding so feel free not to read.
Note: This also occurs before Okarin travels to Fuyu Machi.

It was the full moon.

Okarin was lying in their shack, staring at the sky, when they suddenly remarked on this.

Full moon.

Full moon...

The Moonlight Spring had some kind of special property during the full moon, right?

The crawled out from underneath a pile of leaves and stretched their arms.

Perhaps it be a good thing to check it out? Especially since it had healing properties?

+ + +​

Around an hour later, Okarin strolled over to the Moonlight Spring.

How had they gotten there so easily? Well, there were two reasons why this quest was a total cheat for the slimeperson.

First, Okarin already knew where it was. During a prior quest, Okarin had paid some adventurers to show them the site of a Moonlight Spring, so finding the location itself was no issue.

Second, Okarin was a slime — a monster. They were poorly nutritious for Dire Wolves, goblins, and other forest monsters, so Okarin hardly collected the same degree of aggro that other fleshy and meaty adventurers frequently experienced. There were multiple times in the past that Okarin walked past dire wolves without the slightest degree of concern. Honestly, Okarin kind of thought they were a bit like cute oversized dogs.

Okarin would have pet them too if it weren't for the fact that the dire wolves didn't seem to like being touched.

Was it dangerous? In Okarin's opinion, not really.

What kind of wolf wanted to eat a sack of slightly acidic water?

:blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip: Bleh!

The forest was basically home for Okarin.

Sometimes, they felt safer here than they did inside the city, where Adventurer's ran around waving swords and stabbing slimes.

+ + +​

Okarin found one of the Moonlight Springs (actually, there were multiple, but they all shared the same name).

They decided to take a bath.

Cozy, right?

They started to take off their clothes...

Wait... this section needs to be censored. No peaking!

:blob_hmph::blob_hmph::blob_hmph:

+ + +​

(-censored content-)

+ + +​

And then Okarin finished their bath.

:blob_melt::blob_melt::blob_melt: It felt so refreshing!

Okarin made sure to absorb a bunch of the water because they felt it would be good for their mass.

Okarin collected 5 bottles of moonlight water.

They couldn't wait until the next full moon.

This was such an easy quest!

Summary:
  • Okarin went to one of the Moonlight Springs.
  • Okarin took a bath.
  • Okarin collected 5 bottles of Moonlight Water.

Last edited:
(QUEST: EVALUATED)

Tag: Jeweller's guild, Lady Saskia Rosenthal, Slimecreek river, Glass-blower's guild, 36 Zodiacs

Keep me looking glamorous and on trend!
Sponsor: Lady Saskia RosenthalLocation: Scribel CityLevel: N/ARank: N/A
Objectives
  • Only do 1 item set per quest
  • Enter Scribel City
    • Craft a necklace (repeatable)
    • Craft a ring (repeatable)
    • Craft a bracelet (repeatable)
    • Craft earrings (repeatable)
    • Craft a hat (repeatable)
    • Craft a hand mirror
    • Craft a dress (repeatable)
    • Craft gloves
    • Craft a cloak
    • Craft shoes (repeatable)
    • Craft hair ornaments (repeatable)
  • Deliver the jewellery/accessories/clothes intact.
Lately, I've been seeing lots of Ladies at our tea parties wearing beautiful new jewellery, accessories and outfits.
As a Lady who keeps on trend with the times, I want the most fashionable accessories!
Of course, I'm not going to be stingy with the rewards, I'll even provide the precious gems and metals required!
(Furs, leathers and other such materials will need to be sourced yourself)
Rewards
Exp: 25Money: 65G

Although, the overall gain of the quest was a bit on the low side, I happily accepted the quest. To learn a new skill is away is welcomed and learning how to make jewellery was... interesting.

Of the list of items to be created I opted for the necklace. After I met a servant of Lady Saskia Rosenthal, I acquired an list of materials that I could use to make it. Testing the limit of influence of the Rosenthal house, I asked if the lady could sway the jeweller's guild to let me work in their workshops.

The answer was yes. In fact, the jeweller's guild was where the materials was stored anyway.

After some questions and answers with veteran jewellers I was able to pick up some understanding about jewellery making, while it was incomparable work of a blacksmith, there are many similarities. Under the name of the Rosenthal house, I was allowed many introductory text on the art handling precious metals such as gold and silver, and also various techniques and terms in the making of necklaces and earrings.

After a few days of learning, I started practicing, there was small stock of common copper and wax there, the apprentices use them to practise their craft. There was a furnace and at the workstations there were small crucible clay moulds and tiny anvils.

After making several copper necklaces and pendants, I wondered what I should make for Lady Saskia Rosenthal.

Surely nothing other than unique is needed.

I thought long and hard on then inspiration struck. The myriad of skill I know there was something, something different can be created.

So I left the jewellers' guild to gather the materials I needed. Over the next two day's I researched at the alchemists' guild, I visited the Slimecreek river and through connections with the alchemists, I learned of the glass makers of Scribel.

When I came back to the jeweller's Guild I was ready, I contacted the servant of Lady Rosenthal and acquired nothing but a small amount of silver. After many hours I was able to create an elegant silver chain, modestly crafted not to steal thunder from the pendant. Then from the depths of my bag I produce the things that would create the star to the show, a tiny glass vial, a glowstone from the riverbanks and a bottle of ink black liquid

Working with the glass makers at the glass-blowers' guild I made a small oval glass vial, hollowed like a tiny flask. As for the ink black liquid, it was a custom made mana potion that does not glow.

With magnifying glass in one eye I went to work. First I chipped the glowstone into tiny polished pieces no larger than half a grain of rice, then on a piece of silver wire that I twisted in to a pattern, I start to fix the pieces on to it. Then heating the metal pattern in vital joints I collapsed the pattern into a small tube.

Not letting the metal cool, I quickly inserted the folded pattern into the glass vial. Then with long steel pins, I unfolded pattern inside the vial with deft hands.

Exhaling sharply, I took a moment to calm my nerves.

Next was the potion. I used the skill I leaned in masonry to chip the remaining glowstone into fine specks of hexagonal stone chips, then I mixed the chips and the black potion together. Happy with the ratio, I injected the mixture into the hollow pendant.

After some to and fro I managed to affix the silver the pendant onto the necklace with an airtight seal, not letting a single air bubble reamian in the vial.

Almost done. Lastly, I twisted delicate silver floral wires, eligantly cradling the ink black pendant.

It was finished, I held the necklace in the light, pitch black. No light will make the objects with in glimmer. But when the pendent was moved be it day or night, small shards glowed, like stars in the night sky.

And when I poured mana into the pendant, the pattern within shined, it was one of the 36 Zodiac signs, Lady Saskia Rosenthal's sign, 'the singer'.

Satisfied with it, I went to deliver the necklace, I named it "The Radiance of the Songstress"

Last edited:

Euka

Quest - Evaluated

> > >
Escort Duty [SC0407]
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: City Guard Training
  • Join a caravan of traders.
  • Protect the merchants and their caravan.
  • Ensure the safe arrival of the merchant's goods to their destination.
  • (Optional: Party Quest)
The Merchant's Guild is hiring guards to escort their next caravan.
It might take a few days or weeks, but the pay is decent.
Rewards:
  • Money: 40 G / person
> > >
Having a leisure walk in the roads of the city, I noticed that caravans of dwarves were loading a large amount of sacks into their carriages. I wonder where they’re headed. I went inside the guild and looked for a decent job to do, and coincidentally enough there was a job for escorting the caravan of dwarves to Gelderholm. It’ll take over a week to get there but it seems the food expenditure is already covered by the clients.

Thinking about the dwarven city, I don’t know much about it. It’s mountainous area that is currently under threat by a large hydra; whatever that is. All this info is only based from the guild library and word of mouth.

My armor is still sturdy but it’s starting to rack up some damage, it would be best to fine an alternative incase our equipment broke. I suppose Gelderholm would be the next best option. Taking Iris into account, it’s going to be dangerous even when we get there; well not like I can do much to dissuade her. This was supposed to be the moment that we parted ways, but she remained adamant in following. Well what’s done is done.

Gelderholm it is.

I went back to Iris at the tavern and prepped up our equipment, and emergency food ration for two days worth; just in case. We met with the caravan at the northern side of the city, did some introductions with some of the adventurer escorts and clients, and then headed off towards Gelderholm.

+++++​

A couple days have passed on our journey, we encountered some goblins and direwolves so far along the way; nothing we could handle. Most of the time Iris and I are sitting at the back of a carriage; enjoying the sightseeing. Well… Iris was more interested in taking care of the giant blue egg; I was just admiring the changing scenery. It was really noticeable; one moment I see a vast amount of trees then tall mountains the next. A normal travel would take one about four days to reach the dwarven city; our caravan was taking a safe route that would take us over a week to arrive.

The caravan stopped for the night near a large abandoned cave. Perfect for setting up camp with shelter in mind; each of us chose our own spot, some had tents while others didn’t; we were part of the latter.

I sat with my back against the wall while Iris drew the egg near our campfire. We were mostly quiet as the embers flickered in the silence of the night. We kept to ourselves as the others did with their own; the only time we ever tried to work together was when we only had to fight.

It wasn’t bad however I can say it was sloppy, some rushed for glory while others ignored to support those who are not of their group. There are some things though that were out the norm, when we first introduced ourselves; a women’s party would stare at us with curious eyes while the men’s casted envy towards us. I noticed that there weren’t really any mixed gender in a party. I could take a guess as to why but it never really bothered me much, as my code would enforce me to be at my utmost professional. Then again, those who have not learned professionalism will most likely mix work with relations.

“Reival, take care of blue egg. Iris hungry and want to eat.”

She handed me the egg then trotted towards a group of people, who were gathering around a person; who seemed to be cooking all the portions of food for everyone.

I slid further towards the fire, nearing it. Although I’m only placing my hand on top of the egg to prevent it from tilting, I could feel movement inside; pulsating with vigorous life. What creature may lay from this egg? Pondering my thoughts about it, I didn’t even notice was near me with two wooden bowls of soup.

“Reival here. Iris got Reival’s share.”

“Ahh.. thanks.”

I accept my portion and drank the soup from the bowl itself. It was bland but in this kind of job we can’t really be picky.

“Food not tasty….”

She drank about half of the amount in the bowl before looting one of our bags for the preserved meat I bought for emergencies. Hey….. Don’t be picky…. Well since it you, I’ll let it slide. She nibbles at the hard jerky with satisfaction at the slight trace of flavor.

As soon as she was finished, she just stared at the giant egg with focus.

“Weird blue air coming out of egg. Strange egg….”

Blue air? The egg is somehow seeping out mana? I don’t see any holes anywhere around it. Before I could ask her to clarify more, she grabs one of the cheap blankets I bought and covers herself with it whilst laying on floor with her head on my lap.

Sigh… do you really have to do this? Not that I mind it anyway.

The ember of the fire flicker as the night moves on; soon I succumbed to my own sleep.

The next morning, we all continued our journey.

+++++​

It took a couple more days to get to Gelderholm but we manage to arrive. Along the way of our voyage I noticed the waters have a purple hue to them; they gave of a poisonous feel with their color. Some of the trees have darkened barks with purple leaves, like they have been tainted somehow. Most of my view was filled with mountains after mountains, but one thing that struck us the most was the giant foggy lake; the middle of it was a silhouette of a giant multi-headed beast. That must be the hydra that was mentioned in the rumors.

Going back to our destination at hand, there were a couple of dwarven guardsmen guarding the entrance to the city. The entrance was a giant gateway to the insides of a mountain.

It seems we were in luck somehow that we didn’t manage to fight a couple monsters of the hydra on the way. Gelderholm is ravaged by monster almost every day. The monsters barely give leeway to the people and the water is mostly poisoned by said monsters. The resources of the mountains have managed to give arms to the dwarves, however medicine and food are barely scarce; must be what the caravan bought from Scribel.

Going inside the city; rather than a city it’s more of a giant dome that was carved to give shape for each house. When on would need a new house, miners and architects would just craft a portion of the mountain away. From a civilization standpoint of no fertile soil it is an amazing idea, however that runs the problem of keeping the whole mountain from crashing down onto the city.

We’ll go exploring the city later, for now we have to file a report.

Greetings to you Guild

We have successfully escorted escorted the dwarven caravan onto its destination. Some problems have occurred via battle, however it was nothing we couldn't handle.

At service to you, Lancer Reival and Lady Iris

Evaluation Report

Last edited:
Evaluation

UNAPPRAISED

BigGreen's Report
~Day 2 - 4~
The spear Stab. This move is what Vascille has been hammering into my wooden head for the past 3 days. All I have been doing has been practicing stabbing this straw dummy and Vascille would make comments on my positioning or how I'm not doing it well enough in general. He say's that just like how my stance is important foundation, so is the basic of the stab. He also mentions off-hand that if I continue to come and train with the guard I will eventually be taught more things, just to remember to bring in the 15g as usual. Looks like I'm going to have to sell more potions to the guild again.

--------

~Day 5 - 6~
Well I guess what I learned was different from stabbing, today Vascille taught me how to Thrust. Vascille explains to me the difference between stabbing and thrusting. That was when thrusting I would be using my whole body into my forward momentum and then unleash a strong and precise blow towards my target. Rather then a standing Stab which incorporated a defensive stance , that used the range of my spear. A spears thrust counted as it's offense stance, which I would take the role of attacker. Vascille helped me 2 days on thrusting and gave me little tips when to attack or when to defend.

--------

~Day 7-9~
On Day 7 and 8, Vascille taught me how to Swipe with spear. I would make an attack horizontally across my enemy. Vascille teaches me this move can be used in a retreating attack or to act as an opener for my opponent. It was a versatile move that helped the user be offensive or defensive. I grasped the basic of Swipe with the help of Vascille easily over the 2 days. Now that I learned the 3 basic moves from Vascille, now I had to learn how to incorporate all of them together. On Day 9 Vascille showed me the ways to flow freely through each move and when to connect them or not.

--------

~Day 10~
The first thing that Vascille did for our lesson today was give me a wood pole and enter the circle. The circle was where the guards practiced with one in another in combat and it seems like it was my turn now. Vascille explained to me that, only in real combat, will I truly learn how to fight. Vascille asked a nearby trainee guard to spar with me and he agreed.
My sparring partner went to go grab his weapon, a wooden sword, and walked to the ring. My opponent was the first one to act. He went on the offensive and came rushing towards me with an overhead slash. I disengaged with a sweeping strike against him and retreated back into my comfortable range. I counter with a few spear stabs and he tries to deflect them with his sword. He finally fails to deflect one of by attacks and that marks my offensive rush-down. I quickly take the opportunity to attack with multiple thrusts and force him off-balanced. With a final thrust, I push him out of ring.
My first ever real victory using a spear, it felt good. Viscille thanked the trainee for sparring with me and congratulated me on first win. He also grabbed a wooden pole like mine and stepped in the ring. It looks like he wasn't going to go easy on me...
------
As I tend to me chipped body parts of mine, Vascille comment's that I did well for my first time against him. I couldn't even get one hit in, against Vascille. As the day comes to an end I thank eveything that Vascille has taught me over these days. He tells me he had fun training me and told me I could finally call myself a spearmen. Vascille then hands me a a brand new guard-issued spear and tells me it's from him. A gift for completing my spearmen training. I thank him again and tell him about my Camp. That if he ever needs my help he can come look for me there. I say my goodbyes to Vascille and head back to Camp Lily.
Today's Inventory

-5 Weaker Health Potions (+Lesser Life Regeneration)
+250g

-135g (9 days of Guard Training)
+Basic Spearmenship

+Guard Spear

"Good work, I hope you will find what you learned useful"

Reward
25 exp

OOC: Please mark report evaluated

Evaluation
UNEVALUATED

While we do have a decent stockpile of money, it, uh, it's not gonna last long at this rate. So I have no other choice but to reduce the costs of living and what better way to do that than get food and money at once? I hope we will last long enough at this rate... but this is the time for actions, not words!

So I take this quest and rush - well, not rush, more like hurriedly... no, relaxedly walk to a rural farm. There's no point if I arrive exhausted, is there? Once there, the farmer happily greets me. Quite an amiable fellow, it seems almost like he gave this quest looking for company - the whole farm seems to be run by him alone, and I bet he could arm-wrestle both of my arms with a single one of his.

While having a pleasant chat we both start to harvest crops, with me slowly getting used to this task while he easily does multiple times my work. It's almost frightening, to be honest. I think he could even out-wrestle a minotaur. But more than frightened, I am in awe. I mean, isn't that cool and manly!? It makes me want to put on more muscle myself!

After working for some time I wipe away my sweat before he suddenly comes towards me and points towards one of the farm's fences. "I need you there, lad. Don't forget your weapon, eh? Gonna need it."

"Ah, pest extermination? Worry not, I will not disappoint!"

What the pest turns out to be is a horde of about 12 giant bugs ignoring everything except for the plants. Together with my assistance, the farmer manages to kill all of them, and in the evening we burn the corpses on a bonfire. They smell surprisingly good, and apparently this smell even wards off these bugs. That's convenient.

I leave a bit later, and the farmer hands me a big basket filled with various crops. "For the wife n kids, aye?"

He's nice. With the basket in my arms, I return to the guild and hand in my report.

"Good work, 12 giant bugs you say, be more careful in the future, you are only level one, if the farmer weren't there you'd have been seriously injured!!!"

Reward
  • Other: A basket of fresh produce

Evaluation

UNAPPRAISED

Small quests in which I can also get food are good and all, but I have to progress through the ranks or I won't be able to support my family on my own. So this one seems to be good. But with what I've heard about slimes, it seems like I won't be able to use my sword for it. Which is why I got my dear wife to make me a sling from some scraps I got cheaply! Oh, and don't mind the bruises on my face. There was a, uh, small disagreement because I got home late last time.

Now, armed with the sling and a few dozen rocks I picked up along the way, I make my way through the city. Whenever I see a slime I simply load a rock into the sling, and snipe the slime with it! Or so I'd wish. Instead, it takes me quite a few tries to hit a slime's core. Using a sling is harder than you may think, okay!? But seriously, if I didn't want to keep my sword safe, this would be child's play... no one likes fighting against creatures that damage your equipment.

Strolling through the streets, I search through the unpopular side-alleys and places where people don't commonly spend their time, slowly killing one slime after another, safely placing their cores in my bag. It takes a while and a lot of rocks, but I finally manage to collect 10 cores and return to the guild, handing them over along with my report.

And there might even be enough time for second quest today. Nice!

"Slings! We must added it to usable methods agains slimes, good work"

Reward

Evaluation
UNAPPRAISED

Upon hearing of the news of a slime horde approaching the city, I am shocked. I just arrived here with my family, and now we are already facing an attack!? Dammit! I won't allow a single slime to hurt my family! Oh, and this quest gives good money. Awesome! cough I mean quite understandable in such desperate times.

Now, how can I do as much work at once as possible to get this over with quickly? Ah, I know! I grab a bunch of defenders and circle around the city walls, inspecting them for any damage while I explain to them how slimes work, and to beware of their corrosive properties. Well, that's a lot of talk but it boils down to staying away from the slimes as far as you can while attacking them - essentially ranged weapons and long sticks, cause sticks are replaceable. Or just throwing rocks, really. As long as it hits a core, things are good.

Any damage on the wall we spot, we immediately report to a guard and fix it with the materials they supply. It takes quite a while, but at the end of the day, we've managed to make a whole circle around the wall, fixing damaged spots, and discuss the ways of fighting slimes in detail. Or rather, what cheap ranged weapons one could use.

With that done, I return to the guild and hand in my report.

"Yes good information is also very important, we look foward to the effect of warriors with that added know how!!"

Reward
  • Exp: 30
  • Money: 25G

Evaluation
Un-evaluated
Assertion: Bandit problems have been occurring to the misers and more information on who the supporters of this bandits is required.
Conclusion: Use Adventurer guild quest to capture bandit, thief or highwayman to capture and lock away a bandit after torturing for information.
Assertion: Bandits reported to be midway between the river split point and the city from all reports that I have noted from the Misers.
Conclusion: Lies within the boundary of what I am willing to afford to get this done and to gain a deeper foothold within the Misers.
Assertion: No negatives to be received from torturing the individual halfway to death.
Conclusion: Possibilities of success high. Methods allowed. Action to be taken green lit.
With my course thus decided it was time to put my plan into action the information gathered for the Misers would be pivotal in the next stage of attack as well it would keep myself active in both the guild and Misers employ a situation that I felt should continue for now.

Having offloaded the pyrovore to [insert adventurer name here] I made my way to the upstream section of the river to fill the water bottle I would be unlikely to need it but well you can never be to prepared on stealth ops. Just as I hear you can never be to prepared for psy ops and as I know from great experience of others it's impossible to prepare to much for a military operation only to long. This has been well and truly demonstrated by the second great adage that goes along with this, plans never survive first contact with the enemy. Adaptability and flexibility of the armed forces and the monitoring of the supply lines is what wins wars not the tacticians and generals plotting. Here I stopped my reminiscence it was not going to aid my self in this action in any way.
Assertion: Supplies fully loaded and at peak condition currently available.
Conclusion: Execute mission.

My heading was to the first point that had been ambushed the supply wagon was suppossed to be carrying 12 working Skaven weaponry as well as some other nifty goods and a detachment of fighters to aid in the conquering of the criminal underworld though at least the Skaven weaponry was destroyed before the enemy got their hands on it. The detachment of fighters was executed though and only the coach driver was allowed to continue on with his broken wares. This would have to be dealt with most definitely. There were two other sites that I'd used to judge the position of the bandits and allowed for my confirmation that this was actually a case of banditry and not a targeted attack on the Misers by a government or other such organisation.

A burnt out patch of ground? Traces of blood still on the air and what seems to have been an attack on a carriage though the carriage has been completely decimated and the crew slaughtered or captured to a man.
Assertion: Enemy traces and recent massacre has occurred in this location.
Conclusion: Avoidance till threat assessment is complete.

Part 1.1.1.10.135: Threat assessment beginning, checking sound parameters. At regular levels. Checking smell parameters. Above regular levels though acceptable for situation. Movement levels below normal levels though acceptable from wind speed and smell accounted for.
Threat assessment complete stage 1 complete. No hostile presences detected from position 1. Recommend moving to position 2 immediately.

After the fragment did the threat assessment stage 1 I moved on in a clockwise direction to continue my observations of the site. As I was slowly moving around the site I was also moving in towards the central area of the site to get a better view on the damage that had been caused as well as to see if there were any weaponry that was involved in the attack. I parked my self in a small crevice in the ground upon arriving in the approximate area for the second stage scan.

Part 1.1.1.10.135: Threat assessment beginning, checking sound parameters. At regular levels. Checking smell parameters. Increased since previous check, still acceptable for situation though barely. Caution to be stepped up. Movement levels at normal levels unacceptable accounting for current speed and smell. Disturbance occurred. Caution to be put to max. Threat assessment complete. Turning over to threat detection mode.

Part 1.1.1.10.136: Threat detection ramped up to full. Focusing on movement and smell indexes do to suspicions appearing in them. Danger imminent switching to fighting mode.

My consciousness fragments rejoin as an arrow slams into the cover just above my head I quickly pull up the crossbow and charge out from my little hole the damned fragments hadn't worked properly did something interfere? If it did it seems it has decided to move on to a new host perhaps. HALT. A fragment rejoins and refocuses my mind as I spin around and dodge right past the second arrow shot at me. The target still not located though I have an idea where they are so I charge off towards it. Breaching the top of the hill an arrow comes flying into my side. Bugger. But now I have his position exactly. The benefits of being so scared this won't even be noticed soon enough. I lop off the arrow as close as I can to my own body whilst dropping to the ground to use the hill as a form of cover. I wince a little the drop pushed the arrow further into my body but this will have to be dealt with quickly I want him now. I peek up over the hill. The man is in sight I shove myself over the lip of the hill and pull the trigger on the crossbow. The bolt flies off and catches him right in knee dropping him to one leg. An arrow falls limply to the ground as the string is loosened and the man screams in pain. Yes an easy target though I must be quick time for his removal to the city of Scribel but first a torture session and the seeing to of my own wounds.

My prey was waiting for me he had slowly been trying to escape a hard job with a shattered knee but that also meant that I'd lost another bolt humans are after all unsurprisingly resilient. I'd gathered up enough wood to form a small fire pit and I'm sure my enemy would have the items on him to make it complete but that could wait the wound was otherwise fine. My body moving the small bits and pieces it could to prevent any troubles caused by the arrow for another few hours. "Tell me all you can about your friends mister before I have to start the cutting up process."
"I'll tell you nothing traitor." What traitor me he seems to have mistaken me for someone else it seems.
"MY FAITH in the Emperor is uncompromising and I do not know what you mean by traitor. It seems you have me mistaken for someone else." I slowly lick the dagger to bring out my more threatening side. "Now will you tell me what you want to know or do I have to make some incisions first?"
"You are the traitor and I won't tell you anything." The man is clearly afraid of me but he at least has some spine maybe he can be re-educated to see the light and his folly in believing that I was a traitor but that doesn't matter now. He's defied me time for some punishment. I slowly reach over to his uninjured knee and stab the knife in. Ever so slowly I begin moving the knife up his leg dragging out the process as much as I can. Screams come from his mouth a little problematic actually. I stop and grab some of his shirt and force it into his mouth. Then before he can spit it out I begin to cut again. The screaming resumes if now muffled by the shirt.

After a fair amount of time roughly half an hour of slowly tormenting him with the dagger. Trying to draw as little blood as possible to increase the pain without putting his life at risk I stop and sit back on my haunches. "Now will you tell me about your companions or do we start again?"
"I'll speak! I'LL SPEAK!" I rock off my haunches and slap the man after his yell comes out.
"Do not yell again we are still in the danger zone." Then I relax back into my cool and easy position of command.
"We are working for the Holy Human Empire." Bile rises in my throat what kind of heretical organisation is this. "We are to stop supplies that aren't from us arriving at Scribel city. We are 30 members 3 magisters all fire mages and 10 knights the other 17 are just local bandits that they ar pulling together. Honest." I look at his broken face. Disgusting creature he's a heretic I'd kill him here and now but information from the horses mouth is always better. "They are pulling as many non-human bandits as they can into their group to make it look like they aren't from the holy human empire but we all know better. Anyway they force us to all help them."
A traitor a heretic and a turncoat I'd love to slit his throat but that would be unnecessary and moving his body would become more inconvenient.

The journey back was annoyingly longer whilst the journey to had only taken 2 days the return took 3 2 to get half way and then a carriage ride to get to the city proper. This was probably the easiest capture and retrieval mission I'd ever performed on a member of the human race but at the same time the one that almost went the furthest wrong unsettling. Practice of hiding and stalking will be required.
Captured a bandit though he has been tortured a fair amount.
Bandit has low pain tolerance. He was caught about midway between the split point of the river and here.
The area was covered in burn scars that appear to be from a fire mage.
The bandit claims links to the Holy Human Empire in some way may be a lie.
The bandit is unlikely to ever walk again without extensive healing or some form of aid due to both his knees being basically destroyed.
I suffered a blow from an arrow myself though that has for the most part been dealt with.
Time taken in total about 5 days.
The group that he was a part of 5 days ago was 30 members large and included 3 magisters supposedly. It has likely expanded in size since then and will thus prey upon more and more carriages which will allow increased ranged and the cycle continues. Recommend extermination. Completely and as fast as possible.

"It must have been a very explosive experience, here is your reward"

Reward
  • Money: 20 G

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Evaluation
UNEVALUATED YET

Character: Reciful 'Innocent Malice'
Lvl: 5 (Rank E)
Class: Villainess
Race: Children of Chaos

Quest name: Poachers

QUEST REPORT
Its noon the sun shine brightly above with only some few clouds in the sky to obstruct its light.

Beneath the dense trees of the forest. A Pure white Figure is walking & skipping as she follows the trail in this dense woods with gleeful steps under the shade of the Northern Forest of Scrible which is also called Biome forest... But no one actually call it that.

The pure white girl with white hair, white skin, crimson red eye, & pure white dress... The white girl name is Reciful she is in the forest as for the request from the guild to Tortur-- *Cough*... I mean 'Convince' Poachers to stop their illegal activity in the Biome forest.

Reciful Continues her Merry steps as if she is in a garden & not inside a dangerous forest full of wild beast & monsters. Ignoring some Horned rabbits, kicking & stamping some unfortunate Slimes & Insects who block her path. She truly look like a beautiful innocent teenage girl who goes out for a walk.... If you ignore the location & how she crushed those slime & Insects without a second thought with the sole of her foot, that is.

After a few more minutes of a enjoyable strolling. Finally, she found a group of men who looks like they are up to no good deep in the forest & a smile appear on her youthful face... I smile saying she found her preys.

The group of men consisting 7 people they look like your average Adventurer they are currently surrounding a Biome Wolf pup.

Biome Wolfs & Dire Wolves are two different species, you can just think that Dire Wolves are bigger & Wilder Version of ordinary wolfs. While Biome Wolfs is Magical animal known for their rare magical fluffy fur they are territorial & mostly seen in Biome forest unlike The dire wolves.

While they are busy bullying the poor Pup to catch it & sell it fur or perhaps use the pup to entrap its fellow Biome Wolfs. Reciful nonchalantly Approached them with light steps.

"What the.. who's there!!" One of the guys shouted noticed Reciful. Alerting the others in return now they notice her.

"A girl?... Go home lass! If you don't want to get hurt" another one shouted.

All while Reciful looks at them with poker face & then she stares at the pitiful crying pup wolf.

"Bullying innocent little doggy is bad you know?... Its really bad you know?"

Reciful said to them with wide open eyes as she tilted her head sideways cutely.

"Pff buahahaha!! Are you fucking dumb kid?"
"Ahahah bullying bad?.... Bad my ass!! Ahahaha!"
"Ahahahaha the f**k is that ahaha"
"Ahahahaha"

They all laughed at Reciful words making her pout her cheek cutely in irritation.

"Ahh~ look she is angry guys stop mocking the stupid kid! Ahahaha" said by the leader noticing Reciful pouted cheeks

They laughed again mocking Reciful rudely, with disrespect which Reciful hate the most. None of them notice the oddness at all... This is deep within the northern Forest full of dangerous elements.. why is a weak looking girl like her is alone here? How is that possible?... They forgotten those details, as they continue laughing. But seems like the biome wolf pup a race known for its intelligent notice the oddness & now looking at Reciful with more wariness than the group of Poachers.

Reciful now wants to murder every single one of them & eat their flesh... But fortunately before she do it something move before she act.

A crudely made arrow flies raining towards the Poachers, then immediately a group of 10 Goblins appear in the bushes & behind the trees... They are surrounded.

Each of the Arrows is smeared with Goblin pee & feces so its poisonous For human.

The Biome pup lucky did not get hit, while Reciful have a scratch on her hand as she blocked one arrow. But the Poachers were all in bad shape while 1 is dead being hit in the eyes & throat by arrows.

As the poison slowly effect the poachers, they felt fear & agitation. Then they notice the goblins shift their attention towards Reciful a female... Goblins is known for being a Disgusting rapist. The Poachers smile thinking that they can use the white girl as a escape goat, a bait so they can escape along with the Pup.

But~

Their fantasy is cut short due to the scene happen before their eyes next.

A wounded white girl covered by a flaming red aura while her body smudged by her own Mysterious black blood & red blood from the Goblins, cut from swords & arrows is stuck upon her white skin.

Some unknown magical black bullets shot out from the white girls hand puncturing the body of the Goblins. As she punched, Kick, bite, tear off. The goblins one by one splattering flesh, & innards everywhere. As she bath through their blood. even thought out numbered & for some reason the poison is not effecting her.... Which mean she is not biologically human at all.

No fear can be seen in her eye but Instead a insane light of joy as she tears through their guts laughing innocently, giggling at each goblin she tears apart with her hands. Eating their flesh to recover her strength & wounds. Each goblin eaten she became a little bit stronger. The confident Goblins before now Shivered at her sight, their lust became terror... They make a mistake its not a girl... Its a monster in a shape of a girl.

From 10 goblin it became 4. They try to Retreat but Reciful did not let it. She pick up their fallen weapons & throws it at the remaining Goblins with inhuman strength while she is in Berserk state. Peircing their body they became affected by their own poison unable to move... They watch as Reciful slowly approach them with a smile on her face & she mutilated them eating them alive.

The poachers watch this all while paralysed from the poison... Extreme terror as if they are inside a nightmare. Where a little girl enjoyed a brutal savage fight slowly slaughtering & eating the goblins as she laughs Innocently here deep in the woods.

The white girl stained in red, standing in the middle of scattered Entrails & blood of severely mutilated Goblins. With a nonchalantly innocent smile on her face... Slowly the sunny sky covered her visage by the shadow of a cloud passing by. she spoke to the poachers who all are wiggling like worms in the ground still unavailable to move. She Persuade them as her ominously red eyes glows as she gaze at their eyes.

"Oooh~ right I almost forgot about you guys!... Ahahaha! Oh right! I came here to Persuade you peacefully♪ to stop Poaching cause it bad you know.. really bad~.... You know~ ....just what will happen if for example you humans went extinct because someone keep hunting you? Right~ also its dangerous in the forest! You know!... If you die & disappears here, deep in the woods.... Ehe-ehehehehe not a single soul shall find your dead body... No matter how much you scream for help no salvation shall come~...........soooooo~ its will really sad if you die here without anyone knowing Right? as you slowly rot as worms eat your body~ no one will find you, no one will search for you, no one will know your death. In Here deep in the woods... Sooo stop okey.. cause there will be no next time you got it?"

Reciful sincerely persuaded them with a smile on her face covered in wounds & blood.

While the poachers did not speak a single sound in utter terror. they even peed of their pants out of fear they simply nod their head like a broken doll..... Now they will never step inside the forest cause the memory of this day shall haunts them this day onwards & forevermore.

They let the terrified pup go & as the Poachers wish nothing but run away from the forest from the White girl.

Reciful successfully convince some poachers to stop doing illegal things.... Without hitting them. Not at all!
That's a cute doggy!

I'm surprised that you weren't hurt at all~ In fact, it doesn't even look like you broke a single sweat to slaughter all those goblins. Isn't that perhaps a bit too strong for level five? At least struggle a little~

I like how your scared away the poachers! Intimidation is a good strategy!

Reward
  • Money: 5 G
OOC: Mark as evaluated

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Evaluation
> > >

Driving the Wagon [SC0310]
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Visit the Merchant's Guild warehouse.
  • Drive a wagon between Scribel City and Asteria Village.
  • Deliver the merchandise safely and undamaged.
  • Note: Recruiting guard(s) is recommended for safety reasons.
    • (Optional: Party Quest with Level 4 Escort Duty)
The Merchant Guild routinely drives trade across the continent.
We have a shipment of goods headed for Asteria Village.
Please ensure that the merchandise is delivered safely.
Rewards:
    • Merchant Guild License
> > >

He wondered, why did he attempt this quest? The report he compiled for in the guild did say that there was a recent attack on the merchant wagon going to Asteria village. To mitigate that, he had to surrender 20G reward, just to hire another guard with him. Thus, it was a party of two who went to the asteria Village.

He said to the guard that he thought that it was possible for a night raid from the bandits. The grassland provided no cover for the bandit to hide, thus he thought that the group was probably using horses as their method of transportation. Along with the cover of the night, that was the way he would do it if he were in their position. To that, he asked the guard to go as fast as possible, so that they could arrive before night. Since the guard guaranteed that they could arrive in one day at the fastest pace, he trusted the guard. He left the guard to drive the wagon, as he haven't had any experience with horses.

Would they arrive before sundown? He prayed so that it would be. With just two of them, they would be hard-pressed to prevail against the bandit group. The reports he had read were saying that there were five to six person who did this every time. Even if the people's lives were spared, most of the time they succeed, they took the horses with them. Sometimes, the wagon were also taken.

For precaution, he casted Wall on both of them and the horses. It would last thirty minutes each time it was cast. Hopefully, this would give him time to heal both of them if they were attacked by arrows. As for the close range encounter, he would have to wing it with hand-to-hand.

"I need to gather mana. I'm going to run for a while." Ramza said.

"Gather mana? Don't you mage type meditate or something to do that?"

"My technique needs my feet to connect to the earth."

"Oh... Alright. I'll slow down the horses a little bit. Do your thing."

With that, for some time he ran along with the guard. As he felt his reserve full, he returned to the wagon, and the guard forced the horse to run again.

It was evening when they arrived at asteria village guard station. At this point, he felt that it should be safe. The horses looked fatigued, thus he exchanged some money for the horse feed and care. At this point, he would only have 6G as profit from this quest. That is, if nothing was wrong. After letting the horse rest for two hours, they continued their journey.

They arrived at evening. He contacted the merchant guild worker who worked here. After this finished, he only needed to submit the proof of delivery to the merchant guild, and he was done. The merchant allowed them to sleep at the barn, and they returned the next day.
Unevaluated.
Quest Report:
- Forced the horse to run, occassionally used healing magic to heal their fatigue, as well as protection. I arrive at the asteria village in one day. It seemed necessary because of reports of bandit attack at night. We both returned by walking. The proof of delivery had been submitted to the merchant guild.
It's a little bit sad how little money there was left at the end. :blob_cringe:

However, I praise your sense of judgement! Safety first! Good work!

*stamps*

Rewards:
    • Merchant Guild License
OOC: mark as evaluated

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Quest Report - Evaluated
Homesick
  • Required Level: N/A
Objectives:
  • Write a letter back to the Adventurer's Guild.
  • Describe what you've seen and experienced so far.
Far away from home? Missing Scribel already?
Sometimes, writing a letter can make you feel better.
Don't expect a reply in the mail though.
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a

Quest Report - Okarin

Okarin woke up in the middle of the night, gasping.

Their futon was soaked through.

They clutched their chest painfully and curled up tightly into a ball.

It was a nightmare.

A very painful nightmare.

They wanted to cry more, but Okarin had done a lot of crying lately, so their eyes were dry.

+ + +​

It was Vicious.

She was there, sparkly. Laughing.

She was chattering with that hateful shrine maiden, but the audio was muted. Okarin couldn't hear what they were saying.

The Liberi gestured at Okarin, pointing at them, and then walked up and grabbed Okarin by their hair. She shook Okarin playfully, said something to the pink-haired miko, and then laughed. Okarin was like a toy, and they were dragged around like a rag doll. Their scalp hurt. It hurt to have Okarin's hair pulled. Okarin struggled, trying to lessen the pain.

Vicious didn't seem to care. She didn't look at Okarin. Vicious was looking somewhere else.

Okarin was the same as an object to her. The two girls laughed.

Vicious was carrying that kanabo.

She lifted the kanabo.

And then struck Okarin like a piñata.

The slime person gasped with pain, a purple bruise immediately appeared on their midsection.

White stars and dazzling lights.

The two girls laughed.

They struck Okarin again.

And again.

Okarin's cheeks were bruised, and fluid was dripping from their toes.

They were suspended by their hair and covered with discolored welts.

Slimes were resistant to blunt damage. Perfect for target practice. It was perfectly convenient for training.

Vicious struck Okarin harder.

Vicious's eyes were ruby red.

Okarin opened their mouth to say something.

—That it hurt. It really hurt.

To plea with Vicious.

But suddenly the dreamscape changed.

Okarin didn't have a mouth anymore. They didn't have any limbs either.

Okarin was just a slime.

A small round dumb slime who couldn't talk.

Vicious lifted the kanabo and smashed it downwards.

She pummeled the ball of bluish fluid with all her strength, like a chef pounding a ball of mochi or tenderizing a filet of meat.

The slime screamed wordlessly.

—Vicious!

—Vicious!

—Please! Please Vicious!

—It's me! You're hurting me!

It was the voice trapped inside Okarin's mind.

The slime was crying.

But slimes didn't cry and they didn't talk.

Okarin was just an ordinary mute slime.

Vicious didn't care for a dumb slime.

It was just a slime.

You could find slimes anywhere.

Adventurers killed slimes.

Vicious smiled and took out a kitchen knife.

Okarin was on a cutting board on the kitchen table, like a slab of uncooked meat.

The ostrich girl blew a kiss to Sora, the shrine maiden, who was right beside her.

Then she lifted her arms and plunged the knife into Okarin's flesh and the slime gasped.

Their core!

They were dying.

Suddenly Okarin could hear words again.

"It's okay dear," Vicious shimmied up to Sora in a romantic embrace. "I got rid of the big bad slime. We can have our dinner now."

The girl reached with one hand without looking.

She gripped handled of knife and twisted viciously.

The two girls were kissing.

Okarin's core split into two and shattered.

And then Okarin was dead.

+ + +​

Okarin was standing at the balcony, leaning against the rails.

Yato Machi was a city in the clouds.

It was cold outside. The mountain was rocky.

The moon was high in the sky.

You couldn't see the city below, with how thick the clouds were tonight.

Their chest hurt.

Okarin missed the grass.

And the dirt.

They wanted to be in a puddle.

But it didn't rain in a city above the clouds.

Despite the enthusiasm they had shown earlier the previous day, slime person was deeply unhappy.

Briefly, Okarin wondered if they were going to die here.

When they had left Scribel City, Okarin had an odd premonition they might never see that place again.

They had a feeling they weren't going to live for much longer.

That somehow... in some way... they would meet their end doing something stupid and ridiculous for Vicious.

Or they might even be killed by Vicious's own kanabo.

There was a wry smile on Okarin's face, as they thought about Elaine's meaningless threat.

"I know she doesn't like me," they whispered a secret into the nighttime air. "I'm not that stupid."

The slime was somber as they looked at the moon.

"I guess I will try to be useful until the very end?"

How long until the end?

Okarin had no idea, other than the fact that they knew the end was coming.

Okarin pulled themselves up and went back inside from the balcony.

They couldn't sleep, so maybe it was a good time to write a letter to the guild.

They sat down at a desk and wrote down a few quick observations about Fuyu Machi from the market yesterday — like the existence of toilet paper, bamboo water pipes, and luxurious bath houses.

There were probably many adventurers who would be excited to learn that such advanced plumbing existed in the Beastman city. Surely, that could be one of the many reasons why adventurers may want to come here in the future.

They signed their name and sealed the letter.

Summary:
  • Okarin had a nightmare.
  • Okarin stared at the moon on a balcony in Yato Machi.
  • Okarin wrote a letter back to the guild about the amenities in Fuyu Machi, including:
    • Toilet Paper
    • Bamboo pipes and plumbing
    • Luxurious bath houses

Last edited:

Siostar

Evaluated
Making a Friend™ [SC0003]
Objectives:
  • Find somebody you can actually talk to without punching a friend!
  • Discover the wonderful magic of friendship! :blob_happy:
It's tough to be stuck in a strange universe far away from home.
It's even tougher if you're here without anybody you know.
Make a friend, and maybe things will get easier? :sweating_profusely:
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a

Cizel's travel to Scribble Town (1) OPEN
West to Scribble Town, a field of tall grass waved gently by the blowing wind. At this place, a masked person staggered next to a river looking for his destination upstream. His left ankle has swollen to blue-purplish color and his left hand was holding on to his broken arm.

The day prior, Cizel has just stranded to a foreign land, everything on his boat has probably sunk into the sea. Even after he has landed on land, Cizel still has to worry about his most basic need for survival.

A rumbling sound made his hunger known, but the bits he could find to eat wasn't enough to stop the hunger. As the pain started to be unbearable for him, the masked guy took a break, his glance on the sea. Distracted.

Behind him, a few slimes made its way towards him, hidden under the tall grass, perhaps they were ready to attack the defenseless person in front of them?
Cizel's travel to Scribble Town (1) OPEN (@Siostar @Generic.Archdemon )

That morning Zorion was was grooming his best friend, the chestnut courser.

"You know, I never asked you what you name is..."

The horse sighed and stomp one of its front hooves.

"Should I name you?" the horse blinked anticipating.

After thinking a moment, Zorion could not think of a fitting name for the horse that saved his life. And simply avoided the problem.

"L-Lets go for a ride instead," the horse shook this head, sighing again. "Sorry..."

The pair trotted and jogged around the out skirts Scribel, but then something caught their eye.

And man obviously injured was unaware of slimes approaching him from behind. Galloping froth, Zorion charged the slims. short spear in hand he thrust at the critters. Miss. and again he missed.

Zorion shook his head, he was not ready for mounted combat. but before he could dismount, the chestnut courser, stomped it hooves and obliterated the slimes one by one.

The horse exhaled and taping thing the ground to shape the residue of dead slime off it hoove. He horse was definitely proud of it self.

"Alright, aright, " Zoroin rubbed the animal's neck calming it. "This will be the second adventurer you save..."

He looked down at the man sitting and asked "Are you alright? Do you need a ride back to town?"

[OC: Zorion, Chestnut Courser, Cizel | Setting: Scibel Outskirt]

For a moment, Cizel thought the spear-wielding ridder will attack him. His worry turned out to be unfounded as the ridder was aiming for the slimes behind Cizel.

The spear hit on empty air, it was no wonder for the weapon was simply too short and the ridder's target was shorter...

Instead, it was the stranger's horse who outshined its owner with a few stomps.
"Great horse," Cizel complimented unconsciously.

A moment later, the stranger asked how Cizel was.

"Yes I'm fine, thanks to your friend," he paused, was about to move his right hand but the pain reminded him of his wounds. "Well, not as I could be. A ride will be very nice... if you both don't mind me to burden you."

"Ah... before I forget, my name is Cizel," the masked person introduced, he then holds a pendant in his left hand and made a small bow to the other two. "May our meeting be blessed by the invisible stars."

"I am Zorion Orti, I am a squi...." No he wasn't a squire not any more, not a blacksmith, not an alchemist..." I don't know what I am."

He shrugged and dismounted, gently he help Cizel on to the horse. "its fast, but two riders will be a bit much..."

Zorion eyed the traveller, he seemed woefully under prepared. and took out 2 portions of rations and a weak healing potion.

"here, take it if you like, and the potion don't drink it until broken bones are set properly."

With some help, Cizel managed to mount the horse. Though he was wounded, it didn't take too long for him to stabilize on the steed. He caresses the horse, hoping it would be comfortable with him.

As if the ride wasn't enough to help, the stranger suddenly hold some items out to Cizel.

"Thank you stra-" He coughed fakely, "Zorion Orti, I can't tell you how thankful I am, but I don't have enough to repay you as it is, nevermind those gift you are trying give me."

"Very well." Zorion takes his saddle bag and gear from the horse, and patted the horse a little bit. "It like to run, so I will see you back in town."

Then he thinks a moment, "But I if get distracted, the stable-masters at the guild will take care of the horse.... and try not to make it... mad... it's more dangerous than it looks."

The chestnut horse snorted, as if to say, Damn straight

Cizel blinked twice, unsure of what the other meant. When he was about to ask the other person, the steed run off on its own. The horse didn't run on full speed, but it was a bit too quick for Cizel liking.

He did his best to hold the balance and gently trogged on the reins. "Whoa! So fast, I like your spirit, my friend. But can I ask you to slow down a bit?" he asked with a friendly clap to its neck.

The horse exhaled with some gusto and adhered to the rider's desire. Slowing to a jog, the chestnut courser enter town trotting past various places of Scribel city. The market street, the government house, the taverns and inns, the temple, then finally it stopped outside the guild, the main point of interest and also the the horse's home.

Last edited:
Evaluation

Quest Report - Unevaluated

Quest Report - Okarin

Okarin woke up in the middle of the night, gasping.

Their futon was soaked through.

They clutched their chest painfully and curled up tightly into a ball.

It was a nightmare.

A very painful nightmare.

They wanted to cry more, but Okarin had done a lot of crying lately, so their eyes were dry.

+ + +​

It was Vicious.

She was there, sparkly. Laughing.

She was chattering with that hateful shrine maiden, but the audio was muted. Okarin couldn't hear what they were saying.

The Liberi gestured at Okarin, pointing at them, and then walked up and grabbed Okarin by their hair. She shook Okarin playfully, said something to the pink-haired miko, and then laughed. Okarin was like a toy, and they were dragged around like a rag doll. Their scalp hurt. It hurt to have Okarin's hair pulled. Okarin struggled, trying to lessen the pain.

Vicious didn't seem to care. She didn't look at Okarin. Vicious was looking somewhere else.

Okarin was the same as an object to her. The two girls laughed.

Vicious was carrying that kanabo.

She lifted the kanabo.

And then struck Okarin like a piñata.

The slime person gasped with pain, a purple bruise immediately appeared on their midsection.

White stars and dazzling lights.

The two girls laughed.

They struck Okarin again.

And again.

Okarin's cheeks were bruised, and fluid was dripping from their toes.

They were suspended by their hair and covered with discolored welts.

Slimes were resistant to blunt damage. Perfect for target practice. It was perfectly convenient for training.

Vicious struck Okarin harder.

Vicious's eyes were ruby red.

Okarin opened their mouth to say something.

—That it hurt. It really hurt.

To plea with Vicious.

But suddenly the dreamscape changed.

Okarin didn't have a mouth anymore. They didn't have any limbs either.

Okarin was just a slime.

A small round dumb slime who couldn't talk.

Vicious lifted the kanabo and smashed it downwards.

She pummeled the ball of bluish fluid with all her strength, like a chef pounding a ball of mochi or tenderizing a filet of meat.

The slime screamed wordlessly.

—Vicious!

—Vicious!

—Please! Please Vicious!

—It's me! You're hurting me!

It was the voice trapped inside Okarin's mind.

The slime was crying.

But slimes didn't cry and they didn't talk.

Okarin was just an ordinary mute slime.

Vicious didn't care for a dumb slime.

It was just a slime.

You could find slimes anywhere.

Adventurers killed slimes.

Vicious smiled and took out a kitchen knife.

Okarin was on a cutting board on the kitchen table, like a slab of uncooked meat.

The ostrich girl blew a kiss to Sora, the shrine maiden, who was right beside her.

Then she lifted her arms and plunged the knife into Okarin's flesh and the slime gasped.

Their core!

They were dying.

Suddenly Okarin could hear words again.

"It's okay dear," Vicious shimmied up to Sora in a romantic embrace. "I got rid of the big bad slime. We can have our dinner now."

The girl reached with one hand without looking.

She gripped handled of knife and twisted viciously.

The two girls were kissing.

Okarin's core split into two and shattered.

And then Okarin was dead.

+ + +​

Okarin was standing at the balcony, leaning against the rails.

Yato Machi was a city in the clouds.

It was cold outside. The mountain was rocky.

The moon was high in the sky.

You couldn't see the city below, with how thick the clouds were tonight.

Their chest hurt.

Okarin missed the grass.

And the dirt.

They wanted to be in a puddle.

But it didn't rain in a city above the clouds.

Despite the enthusiasm they had shown earlier the previous day, slime person was deeply unhappy.

Briefly, Okarin wondered if they were going to die here.

When they had left Scribel City, Okarin had an odd premonition they might never see that place again.

They had a feeling they weren't going to live for much longer.

That somehow... in some way... they would meet their end doing something stupid and ridiculous for Vicious.

Or they might even be killed by Vicious's own kanabo.

There was a wry smile on Okarin's face, as they thought about Elaine's meaningless threat.

"I know she doesn't like me," they whispered a secret into the nighttime air. "I'm not that stupid."

The slime was somber as they looked at the moon.

"I guess I will try to be useful until the very end?"

How long until the end?

Okarin had no idea, other than the fact that they knew the end was coming.

Okarin pulled themselves up and went back inside from the balcony.

They couldn't sleep, so maybe it was a good time to write a letter to the guild.

They sat down at a desk and wrote down a few quick observations about Fuyu Machi from the market yesterday — like the existence of toilet paper, bamboo water pipes, and luxurious bath houses.

There were probably many adventurers who would be excited to learn that such advanced plumbing existed in the Beastman city. Surely, that could be one of the many reasons why adventurers may want to come here in the future.

They signed their name and sealed the letter.

Summary:
  • Okarin had a nightmare.
  • Okarin stared at the moon on a balcony in Yato Machi.
  • Okarin wrote a letter back to the guild about the amenities in Fuyu Machi, including:
    • Toilet Paper
    • Bamboo pipes and plumbing
    • Luxurious bath houses

"T-that is an interesting dream, Thanks for the info!"

Reward