Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Tavern

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Since she responded without much thought, she didn't realize how cruel her words were till they had left her mouth. As she watched her wrestling control over the demon, her mood instantly dampened as memories of the report she had evaluated re-appeared in her head.

"My apologies Nene... But I sincerely hope that you do not give up on yourself. One day, we will find a way to get rid of that demon, I'm sure of it." She smiled resolutely, not willing to let someone who had helped her so many times just resign themselves to their fate.

"I'll keep that in mind." She smiled back in response.
"Thank you miss Felicia, it really means a lot to me. Let's pray The Goddess guides our paths to a brighter future... It's all I can do for now at least, to keep praying..."

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
The worst part of being an alchemist and an adventurer is the endless cycle of not having money.
I need potions to work as an adventurer. I need ingredients to make those potions. I need money to buy ingredients. I need to work to get money. The only work that pays that well is adventurer work.
In other words, I need to work as an adventurer in order to make money in order to buy ingredients in order to make potions in order to work as an adventurer.
Hence, the endless cycle.

Epsil

The worst part of being an alchemist and an adventurer is the endless cycle of not having money.
I need potions to work as an adventurer. I need ingredients to make those potions. I need money to buy ingredients. I need to work to get money. The only work that pays that well is adventurer work.
In other words, I need to work as an adventurer in order to make money in order to buy ingredients in order to make potions in order to work as an adventurer.
Hence, the endless cycle.

I know the feeling, I need to be an adventurer to be able to get materials to make and sell weapons. It is a vicious cycle my friend.

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
I know the feeling, I need to be an adventurer to be able to get materials to make and sell weapons. It is a vicious cycle my friend.
There are a few options available to people such as us. We can:
1. Retire as adventurers and rely on commissions from others to get by.
2. Do our best to prepare a plethora of items and plan very carefully in case of any unfortunate encounters.
3. Be able to do our craft so quickly and efficiently that we may even do so in battle.
4. Give up our craft in favor of learning combat techniques.
And the roads towards the middle two are hard and long.

Bochi

2. Do our best to prepare a plethora of items and plan very carefully in case of any unfortunate encounters.
3. Be able to do our craft so quickly and efficiently that we may even do so in battle.
"You could also retire as an adventurer and rob people like bandits do. Ah, but if you end up with a bounty on your head, I'll be coming to collect. Just saying."

Whilst passing by in her pyjamas---which was basically a mini-top, shorts, ankle length socks and boots---Vicious remarked thus, heading upstairs to catch up on her sleep. It seemed like she was going for a joke, but something about it fell through miserably.

Epsil

I'm heading for number 4. I've got enough gold for living expenses, I also don't want to get another injury like this *shows casted right leg* . It's also been my lifelong dream to be an adventurer. I do find alchemy to be very interesting though, shame it's not that profitable.

"You could also retire as an adventurer and rob people like bandits do. Ah, but if you end up with a bounty on your head, I'll be coming to collect. Just saying."

Whilst passing by in her pyjamas---which was basically a mini-top, shorts, ankle length socks and boots---Vicious remarked thus, heading upstairs to catch up on her sleep. It seemed like she was going for a joke, but something about it fell through miserably.
"The thought of being done in by a cute little girl using a weapon I crafted." Adsall: * :sweating_profusely: *

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
I'm heading for number 4. I've got enough gold for living expenses, I also don't want to get another injury like this *shows casted right leg* . It's also been my lifelong dream to be an adventurer. I do find alchemy to be very interesting though, shame it's not that profitable.
"You can do so. I don't think I will. There's a plethora of things you can make with simple ingredients. There is probably an infinite number of things that I can do with some legendary ones. There's one silly concept that has enticed me from the beginning, though. It's the main reason I wish to become an adventurer."

Randell leaned forward slightly.

"I wonder what I could make if I had a strand of a god's hair? What if I had a dragon's horn? The eye of a medusa? What kind of creations could I make from that? What legendary elixirs could I brew?"

He leaned back in his seat.

"Perhaps, if one went upon the path of smithing, they might forge any number of legendary items. Perhaps they could forge themself into one and last forever."

Randell started drumming his fingers on the table.

"A golemist might place himself within a golem. An architect might make a flying fortress. A carpenter could carve a sword from the world tree itself. The path of a craftsmen is the door to creativity. To give up on that is to give up on a number of options that could lie before you. The goal of a warrior is to fight the world, to cut and scar it. To destroy and knock down. The goal of people like us is to take the remains and rebuild, reforge, and remake anew. Is there no greater purpose for ones such as us?"

Last edited:

Bochi

"Please go home for the day and rethink your methods, you can't apprehend someone because they live in a suspicious place. I'll contact the guards and see if they can send a party to that location to investigate the matter and hopefully save the one you hit the head of. Nonetheless, your actions are absolutely unacceptable.
"...Mhm?"

As she stared at the report, Vicious, to be completely honest...had no idea what was going on.

When did I take this quest? Last night? Would explain why I woke up with my boots caked in mud...wait, so that wasn't a dream after all? Oops.

Scratching her head sheepishly she added in a small voice.

"Ahaha...might want to warn the guards to bring along someone with trap detection and disarming skills. I only repurposed two log traps meant to send people flying, but there's an awful lot of spike pits and arrow traps in the area."

AliceShiki

"...Mhm?"

As she stared at the report, Vicious, to be completely honest...had no idea what was going on.

When did I take this quest? Last night? Would explain why I woke up with my boots caked in mud...wait, so that wasn't a dream after all? Oops.

Scratching her head sheepishly she added in a small voice.

"Ahaha...might want to warn the guards to bring along someone with trap detection and disarming skills. I only repurposed two log traps meant to send people flying, but there's an awful lot of spike pits and arrow traps in the area."
"... I don't think this is something worth laughing about, miss Vicious, but I'll pass the message along."

Feathers95

"The thought of being done in by a cute little girl using a weapon I crafted." Adsall: * :sweating_profusely: *
"You can do so. I don't think I will. There's a plethora of things you can make with simple ingredients. There is probably an infinite number of things that I can do with some legendary ones. There's one silly concept that has enticed me from the beginning, though. It's the main reason I wish to become an adventurer."

Randell leaned forward slightly.

"I wonder what I could make if I had a strand of a god's hair? What if I had a dragons horn? The eye of a medusa? What kind of creations could I make from that? What legendary elixirs could I brew?"

He leaned back in his seat.

"Perhaps, if one went upon the path of smithing, they might forge any number of legendary items. Perhaps they could forge themself into one and last forever."

Randell started drumming his fingers on the table.

"A golemist might place himself within a golem. An architect might make a flying fortress. A carpenter could carve a sword from the world tree itself. The path of a craftsmen is the door to creativity. To give up on that is to give up on a number of options that could lie before you. The goal of a warrior is to fight the world, to cut and scar it. To destroy and knock down. The goal of people like us is to take the remains and rebuild, reforge, and remake anew. Is there no greater purpose for ones such as us?"
"The life of a craftsman sure sounds tough huh..." She mumbled as she listened to the conversations going around in the tavern, still looking over the summarized list of quests in her hand.

"Well, I'm headed to the northern forests to subjugate some carnivorous flowers soon, so if you want me to pick up some materials on the way you can let me know. I won't charge you, but I won't guarantee that I'll bring back anything either." She called out towards the two adventurers discussing craftsmanship, as she sipped her coffee idly.

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
"The life of a craftsman sure sounds tough huh..." She mumbled as she listened to the conversations going around in the tavern, still looking over the summarized list of quests in her hand.

"Well, I'm headed to the northern forests to subjugate some carnivorous flowers soon, so if you want me to pick up some materials on the way you can let me know. I won't charge you, but I won't guarantee that I'll bring back anything either." She called out towards the two adventurers discussing craftsmanship, as she sipped her coffee idly.
Randell rubs his chin in thought.

"I don't believe it would be intelligent of me to accompany you on such a request, as I am ill suited for that opponent as of now. However," Randell raises his finger. "I hear that the carnivorous flowers have a sweet smelling nectar they use to lure in prey. If you're already planning on going there to kill a few, I would be willing to compensate you if you were to collect a bottle of that nectar. How does... 15 gold sound?"

Epsil

I appreciate the effort, but I don't really need anything right now, except this. But I doubt an adventurer like you would bother yourself with some menial tasks. That being said, if you ever need a new weapon, I am at your service.

Epsil

I need strength though, like how an alchemist uses their mind to create potions, a blacksmith uses their body and soul to create weapons. With my current body, I can only dream of crafting a legendary weapon.

Feathers95

Randell rubs his chin in thought.

"I don't believe it would be intelligent of me to accompany you on such a request, as I am ill suited for that opponent as of now. However," Randell raises his finger. "I hear that the carnivorous flowers have a sweet smelling nectar they use to lure in prey. If you're already planning on going there to kill a few, I would be willing to compensate you if you were to collect a bottle of that nectar. How does... 15 gold sound?"
"Their nectar? Sure, that shouldn't be too difficult. Oh, you don't need to pay me it's fine, don't want anyone to think that I'm extorting gold from unranked adventurers now. Just pass me the bottle you want to be filled." She smiled at the older man before turning to the teenager.
I appreciate the effort, but I don't really need anything right now, except this. But I doubt an adventurer like you would bother yourself with some menial tasks. That being said, if you ever need a new weapon, I am at your service.
"Actually... that may be a good quest for me since I want to bring my little companion here outside on a quest, but not on one where I cannot ensure her safety. How about this, if it's not done before I complete the carnivorous plant subjugation, I'll complete it for you." She expressed her thoughts whilst playing with Sable's feathers on her lap.

"Haha, unfortunately, I doubt I'll need a new weapon any time soon. Not too long ago, I got my sword enchanted for 400G afterall." She chuckled, wondering where that little enchanter went.

GM

*removes a shingle from the roof*

*climbs in through the hole in the ceiling*

*replaces the shingle in its original spot*

Oh Felicia! Before you go~

I'm counting on you to figure out what happens with the Lizardmen! :blob_evil:

You can just... take care of it! :blob_okay::blob_okay::blob_okay:

Less work for me to do!

Quest Report (24)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 6 (3840/4200) (Rank E)
Quest: Diplomatic Mission to the Lizardmen
Evaluation:
  • Was saved by the lizardmen after being swallowed up by a camouflaged carnivorous plant
  • Gifted the lizardmen a crate of premium-quality salmun and some healing herbs
  • Stayed with the Taeruga Tribe for a day to recover
As Felicia prepared to leave for her diplomatic mission, Sable suddenly appeared beside her, seemingly determined to accompany her this time. The little giant chick had grown quite a bit since she was born, having more prominent junior feathers that covered her body. Like always, Felicia was prepared to quickly shove her back inside, shutting the door and fleeing, but she hesitated a little this time. Afterall, she couldn't keep Sable cooped up in the tavern walls forever, even if she was worried for her safety. Perhaps... sometime soon she'd let her accompany her. But not this time, who knows what the lizardmen would do if she delivered fresh bird straight to their doorstep? With a sigh, she patted her little companion on the head before leaving.
As she made her way south, following the river downstream like she did when she was far less experienced than she is now, she carried gifts for the lizardmen provided by the guild. Since they were sighted hunting fish, the guild organized a crate of premium quality Salmun to be delivered, with some healing herbs, which she carried in her hands as she walked. After travelling for a day, she rested at the outpost on the outskirts of the swamp region(which she worked at for a month many quests ago), before setting off again early the next day.

Similar to how she remembered it, the place below the steep waterfall was filled with yellowed trees and tall carnivorous plants. Giant reeds and cattails also dotted the marshland, with the strangely-shaped slimes, dragon-like alligators and giant dragonflies with pincers that she remembered from before slinking in to and out of hiding. Since she had descended from the waterfall by cautiously climbing/hopping down some rocky terrain on the side, she could now see some of the other wildlife that was reported by others in this region. Small crabs, crayfish and lizards cautiously darted around on the ground, whilst giant snakes combed the area looking for prey. Additionally, there were some small-ish birds sitting on some of the lower branches of the yellowed trees watching the swampy waters for prey, but even from afar, Felicia could see that their talons were sharp enough to stab into the branches they were sitting in with ease.

Although she remembered this place being dangerous, she didn't think it was this bad. Unfortunately, to even reach the lizardmen past the lake she'd have to cross a small portion of this marshland to get to the eastern side of it. Things would be much easier if the bridge had been built, as she could just go round all of this, but unfortunately, it was still under construction. Still, she didn't think it'd be that bad crossing this narrow strip of wetlands, afterall, she could even see the other side from here. She should've ideally gotten herself some proper boots before coming here, but she wasn't too positive about stepping in the water either. Hence she just froze the water under her feet as she cautiously crept forward.

Due to her experience in hiding and ambushing, she was able to keep her footsteps quiet as she made her way across. Her eyes darted from left to right constantly, incredibly cautious of any movement within her vicinity. Fortunately, she seemed to be in the clear as she safely made it to the eastern side of the marshland. However, just as she stepped on dry land again, the ground opened up beneath her and swallowed her whole. Suddenly, she was bathed in digestive juices within some weird fleshy plant mouth. Realizing that she had been fooled by a carnivorous plant's disguise, she quickly summoned a fire spell to blast her way out of this mess.

But strangely, she couldn't. It was as if she couldn't access the mana within her at all. Panicking, she quickly attempted to draw her sword but it was too late. The digestive juice around her not only slowly eroded her body, but also sedated her and made her mind numb. As she struggled to stay awake, suddenly the plant was split open and she blacked out from the collision with the ground.

When she awoke, she found herself inside a small wooden hut, seemingly made with the wood from the yellowed trees around the swamp region. Her body was carefully cleaned and redressed in a simple over-sized brown robe, as her old garments and equipment lay on a table next to her. Just as she was lost in thought, she suddenly realized that a small scaly human with a crocodile jaw was peeking at her from the doorway. "Ma'Urqia the human's awake!" He called out as he noticed her looking at him, before walking over to her excitedly.

"Hey hey, where do you come from? How'd you get here? You almossst got eaten by that plant y'know? You're lucky my Da sssaved you, and that the Marashaw Tribe didn't get to you first! Otherwise, you'd already be eaten by now~!"

He spoke quickly with a strange accent, but his enthusiasm made Felicia unconsciously smile. She calmly answered his questions before another, bigger lizardwoman pushed him out of the way. "Draz ssstop bothering our guessst." She spoke calmly with a deep tone, causing the little boy to dejectedly leave the room. "You're lucky you're alive you know?" She began with what seemed to be a teasing smile on her face. "I know, I was careless."

"Mm, it'sss good that you underssstand that. Welcome to the Taeruga Tribe little one. Why where you wandering near these ssswampsss?"

She hissed whilst checking on her pulse, seemingly the one that had treated her. After explaining her purpose, and the meaning of the crate of Salmun the lizardmen had kindly retrieved alongside her body, the lizardwoman fell into thought for a moment before responding. "Mm, I sssee. I will relay your city's kind intentions to my brother, as he is our tribe'ss chieftain. Unfortunately, he has been out on a hunting trip for a few dayss so I know not when he will return. But pleasse resst here as long ass you need, jusst don't wander near the easst as the Marasshaw Tribe is located over there. They, unfortunately, hunt humanss and other racess like yoursself."

Her tone was calm and steady, hence it was hard to tell what kind of relations they had with the other tribe, and whether the race hunting was just a minor disagreement or a great conflict between them. Nonetheless, Felicia was immensely grateful for being saved, which she tried her best to repay during her time at the tribe's village. She often helped hunt alongside the other lizardmen, or helped with some of the new huts being built upon stilts. They told her that floods have recently begun happening every month or so, hence all new buildings had to be raised above the ground to avoid the worst of it. As much as she wanted to investigate further, especially about the Marashaw Tribe, after a day of rest and recovery, she chose to leave. She had much to report back to Scribel afterall. Hopefully, the tribe would send back a positive response!

Kindly, some of the lizardfolk escorted her to the outskirts of the swamp, teaching her some of the things to look out for if she returned, like the telltale signs of some of the various carnivorous plants that littered the land, or how to avoid the sight of the giant mantises. They were lovely folk, Felicia could only hope that the guild would have positive relations with them in the future.

Epsil

Less work for me to do!

*rubs eyes*
*looks into empty mug.*
*looks back at the horned girl*
"Uh. Hi?"

Reactions: GM

Feathers95

Less work for me to do!
"Hey GM, I've not once seen you do any guildmaster work in person... are you really the guildmaster? What proof do you have?" She spoke slowly and calmly, giving him an ominous glare as he throws a bunch of work onto her shoulders.

AliceShiki

Less work for me to do!
"Did you... Did you just show everyone that the roof is falling into pieces and barely holding the ceiling in place? Do you realize how much work Pierre has put in keeping this a secret from the rest of the patrons?

"Mister Gem, I can assure you that you'll be having a long scolding tonight, and it won't come from me... May the gods teach you that you should be more careful with your actions."

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
"Their nectar? Sure, that shouldn't be too difficult. Oh, you don't need to pay me it's fine, don't want anyone to think that I'm extorting gold from unranked adventurers now. Just pass me the bottle you want to be filled." She smiled at the older man before turning to the teenager.
"Here is the bottle. Thank you." Randell hands Felicia and empty bottle. "If you need any basic potions made, be sure to contact me."

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
"Here is the bottle. Thank you." Randell hands Felicia and empty bottle. "If you need any basic potions made, be sure to contact me."
Ah-ha, long time no see Mister Randell. Here's the promised book I wrote about fundamental knowledge of Mana. Please keep in mind that this is only an introductory about Mana and Water Magic, and it is in no way guarantee success for anyone reading it. After all, everyone had their unique way to feel the Mana, and they had to explore it themselves to find the most suitable way at their own pace.

*Hands out a small book, named Luna's Little Tomb of Mana and Water Magic*