Adventurer's Guild [AGFS] Adventurer's Guild Frontier Saga - OOC Room

Plus1

Quick question, on what thread(s) do out messages count for the word count? Does this message count, for example? What about my character description over on the registration thread? Or the copy-paste on the village-building thread?

Agentt

Thighs
Quick question, on what thread(s) do out messages count for the word count? Does this message count, for example? What about my character description over on the registration thread? Or the copy-paste on the village-building thread?
Community games do not count

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Let's say that anything that's in-character counts!

AG_Newsletter

Hmm, for whatever reason, the edited posts keep going back to moderator approval

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
So... I have no idea why I'm here. :sweat_smile:
I haven't read or played in any of the others, so I don't know much about the world. That's a good thing for a native of the Monster Continent who shouldn't be aware of all the stuff you guys have done, but with one problem.

My character is very knowledgeable about the Monster Continent. As such, I'd like to compile a list of all the stuff she knows. Which is where that problem comes in. I don't want to step on previous canon or interfere with other people's ideas.

So... Help me out a little?

To begin, I'd like to make a list of major tribes and societies, as well as common game animals and non-sapient monsters that people have encountered. Obviously, Aan doesn't know EVERYTHING about the continent, so if you need an excuse for her not knowing something, that's it.

Here's the initial list(which is... basically a shot in the dark, so make sure to correct anything):

Insect Monsters/Monstrous Humanoids: High population monsters like Antkin or cockroaches should account for a large portion of the monster population, unless insect monsters are uncommon in this setting. I'd also kinda like to see an insect civ or three, possibly in conflict with each other.

Goblins and Goblinoids: They're known for being very common and hard to root out, so as long as goblins exist on the Continent, then there should be a lot of them. I'd like to see a variant that only exists here, though. Something that would be difficult to beat for those who aren't prepared, but that's just a normal goblin outside that thing.

Traditional monster like Harpies, Trolls, Lamias, Ogres, Orcs, and Kobolds. But I don't know if they should exist here if they only exist elsewhere. We already have slimes, at least.
If traditional monsters are no good, then what are the local tribes made of? Even if they ARE traditional monsters, it would be nice to know what's nearby.

Next is food animals. What kind of game is available, and what monsters hunt that game? Are we going for a New World theme, or just whatever? Did the village bring domesticated animals from the old world? If not, what could they use as a substitute?
Sorry for the trouble. :blob_sweat:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
So... I have no idea why I'm here. :sweat_smile:
I haven't read or played in any of the others, so I don't know much about the world. That's a good thing for a native of the Monster Continent who shouldn't be aware of all the stuff you guys have done, but with one problem.

My character is very knowledgeable about the Monster Continent. As such, I'd like to compile a list of all the stuff she knows. Which is where that problem comes in. I don't want to step on previous canon or interfere with other people's ideas.

So... Help me out a little?

To begin, I'd like to make a list of major tribes and societies, as well as common game animals and non-sapient monsters that people have encountered. Obviously, Aan doesn't know EVERYTHING about the continent, so if you need an excuse for her not knowing something, that's it.

Here's the initial list(which is... basically a shot in the dark, so make sure to correct anything):

Insect Monsters/Monstrous Humanoids: High population monsters like Antkin or cockroaches should account for a large portion of the monster population, unless insect monsters are uncommon in this setting. I'd also kinda like to see an insect civ or three, possibly in conflict with each other.

Goblins and Goblinoids: They're known for being very common and hard to root out, so as long as goblins exist on the Continent, then there should be a lot of them. I'd like to see a variant that only exists here, though. Something that would be difficult to beat for those who aren't prepared, but that's just a normal goblin outside that thing.

Traditional monster like Harpies, Trolls, Lamias, Ogres, Orcs, and Kobolds. But I don't know if they should exist here if they only exist elsewhere. We already have slimes, at least.
If traditional monsters are no good, then what are the local tribes made of? Even if they ARE traditional monsters, it would be nice to know what's nearby.

Next is food animals. What kind of game is available, and what monsters hunt that game? Are we going for a New World theme, or just whatever? Did the village bring domesticated animals from the old world? If not, what could they use as a substitute?
Sorry for the trouble. :blob_sweat:
This version of AG isn't related to any of the previous ones, so as one of the first players here you get to make the canon! :blob_happy:

Generally speaking, anything that you write into existence will simply be the new canon!

As a rule of thumb, it's best to leave things sufficiently open so that if another player comes around and writes that "there are lamias nearby", ideally all players involved can be correct. The easiest way to do this is to abide by additive worldbuilding.
  • "There are antikin close to the village." (good! additive worldbuilding)
  • "Cats do not exist in monster continent." (bad! restrictive worldbuilding)
  • "All dragons are evil." (bad! restrictive worldbuilding)
  • "There are many evil dragons near the village." (good! additive worldbuilding)

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
This version of AG isn't related to any of the previous ones
Oh, that does simplify matters. Although I'm still a little wary of certain things. Like; there's already a ton of slimes around. Are they particularly dangerous? Could a random villager kill ten and still have time to hang up her laundry? Or would a single slime melt through a human with potent acid DND style? Can you eat them?

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Oh, that does simplify matters. Although I'm still a little wary of certain things. Like; there's already a ton of slimes around. Are they particularly dangerous? Could a random villager kill ten and still have time to hang up her laundry? Or would a single slime melt through a human with potent acid DND style? Can you eat them?
Who knows! Canon is sort of the aggregate of majority opinion.

If most players/writers say that the slimes are easy to kill, then that becomes the canon. If one or two people say that they can melt through adamantium, if it's an isolated report then maybe they encountered a rare mutant slime (or they imagined that event while daydreaming). Basically, there's a lot of handwaving involved in attempt to get everyone's stories to work together.

My feeling is that since there are tons of slimes around, they probably aren't extraordinarily dangerous, but maybe they could be dangerous in one way or another -- but this is just my guess of what most people would think if they suddenly joined the RP.

FenrIIrz

Name: Rowe Shieldbow
Race: Human
Faction: Village
Job: Adventurer (formerly bishop and templar)
Skillset: Baptism, Swordsmanship, Shieldbow’s martial arts, Camping, and Tea making

Appearance:
Rowe has bluish-grey hair, pale skin, and maroon eyes. He wears vestments similar to the one that the church of the Empire provided, but consist of a white shirt, black pants and a hooded cloak instead of a white robe and mantle. He also has black leather gloves, a brown belt, black shoes or brown boots. Rowe always carries Shieldbow’s family heirloom, a tower shield artifact that measured over 2 metres with a compartment to hold magic stones for casting magic or reinforcing the artifact into a remarkable weapon for both offence and defence. However, Rowe often uses it as a battering ram or tea table instead of a shield.

When Rowe will be relaxing at home or attending formal occasions, he wears a long white jacket and grey shirt inside with the emblem of his former household pins on his jacket's left sleeve.

Personality:
Rowe was intelligent and fairly strong compared to his templar peers and aristocrats. Unlike a large number of nobles, he was not arrogant and looked down on the non-human population. In his younger years, he was very stubborn and determined to achieve his dream of ‘making a perfect world’.

After the demise of his friends, Rowe’s bright personality began to disappear and he became more mature and discrete. He appeared as an easy-going man and acted older than his age as he spent the majority of his time with his party which was filled with races that lived longer than humans and gave him wise and serene behaviours. Rowe’s current dream is to create a perfect world for the next generation and buried the ugliness that the elders made.

Backstory:
Rowe was born into a noble family that had a close tie with one of the churches of the Empire, and due to his lineage, he started his education and training at a very young age like his older siblings. At 10 years old, Rowe entered the church’s knight order to better people the empire and its people as Shieldbow’s belief of noblesse oblige. Rowe became a fully-fledged templar by the age of 15 and was allowed to start travelling, hunting monsters and protecting villagers in the name of the church. He gathered people from various races and lands under the same banner with the goal of making this world a perfect utopia for everyone resulting in fame and position within the church.

However, his pursuit of that dream was repaid with the harsh truth of reality as the noble idea of his family that vowed to protect was only applied to the selected fellow humans when the people with who he shared companionship were left to surrender against the cruel fate by one of his relatives. Rowe was anger towards himself for being unable to protect them, but his conviction would never be allowed Rowe to give in to guilt and dread as he continued duty as the templar and nobleman even his method might contradict with his original righteousness.

At one point, his family and relatives were caught in an unfortunate incident where a fire was set on the mansion where they gathered for some celebration while Rowe was out in the wild subduing monsters. When he returned, a rival noble family was getting closer to engulfing all of his family earnings and hard work day by day. Rowe decided to abolish his nobility as possibly the only remaining member of Shieldbow and donated all his wealth to orphanages and his past comrades’ homes except for his personal belonging and Shieldbow’s heirloom. Rowe then left the church and departed to the new Frontier Village searching for people who might share the same current goal with him.
My job here is done. Leaves

Plus1

I see, I see. So it's both.
Well, I was going more for an angle where the slimes' Monster Cores aren't actually edible, much less sweet, to normal people, but Jimmy has some weird half-monster blood (as of yet undetermined) that lets him metabolise the mana in the Monster Core. You can just make them edible if you want tho.

Also, their acid shouldn't be that dangerous I don't think, at least not for the common slimes . Jimmy's finger is fine; just a little red is all.

But then, the acidity could vary from one slime to another... additive world building right?

Plus1

...the tree the hideout was in wouldn't happen to have been destroyed in the process of trying to dislodge a slime, would it?

Plus1

Also, shouldn't someone log into AG newsletter to judge whether Jimmy completed his quest? I don't think I should do it myself...

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
...the tree the hideout was in wouldn't happen to have been destroyed in the process of trying to dislodge a slime, would it?
Oh no, the idea was that the tree hideout would have been destroyed on the process of creating the village! xD

*pats poor Jimmy* It was not his fault~