Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - Butterfly Channel

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
So fairies can take on the form of butterflies...or is this another analogy regarding the transient nature of fairies? Ah yes, I see, souka, naruhodo...

*doesn't naruhodo at all*

Or maybe...my mind is already slipping from all this silence? Ah, that's probably it. After all, who's ever heard of a talking butterfly?
Am I butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you see and feel is real!

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
So fairies can take on the form of butterflies...or is this another analogy regarding the transient nature of fairies? Ah yes, I see, souka, naruhodo...

*doesn't naruhodo at all*

Or maybe...my mind is already slipping from all this silence? Ah, that's probably it. After all, who's ever heard of a talking butterfly?
Am I butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you see and feel is real!
I heard lots of strange words! Are they yummy!? I really wanna eat something yummy! >.<

Bochi

I heard lots of strange words! Are they yummy!? I really wanna eat something yummy! >.<
Ah, another new voice has joined in...that settles it, I must be dreaming after all. In that case, I suppose anything goes? I would like an apple pie, please.

Huh? Are dreams alone insufficient to support manifestations now?

AliceShiki

Ah, another new voice has joined in...that settles it, I must be dreaming after all. In that case, I suppose anything goes? I would like an apple pie, please.

Huh? Are dreams alone insufficient to support manifestations now?
How would you fly around and speak while dreaming though?

You're such a silly butterfly~ *giggles*

Tessa_Renalds

Neighborhood DM
I see, I see. Hah, from your surprise I can infer that you are a new adventurer, yes? Rare to see newbies sponsoring quests. Ah well, it's no matter.

There's no need to pay me, though I would appreciate the additional hand since I need to urgently clear out a shopfront with herbal supplies that the medical teams needs, quite direly- the owner has permitted me to recover them in his stead, so no worries about rightful ownership. Though, I might as well perform my communal duties by clearing out the rest of the rubble as well.

Anyway, set a time and location to meet up. I'll inform you when I'm there!
Yes, In more ways than one—I’m kind of new to, well, everything! After the… I believe I overheard some of the craftsmen call it the World Shift—but anyway, after that happened I just decided to do what I could to help. I’m pretty good using my hands, and mending things.

Are you sure you don’t want to get paid? I feel bad, maybe we can come to an arrangement if that’s not what you’re after! Oh! You need the ointments and remedies from the herbal storefront! Yes, I recall there being several storage containers we put to the side to protect them! I’ll be more than happy to assist! There must be people who desperately need those ointments!

I should be on Harbor Road in about 10 minutes today! I’ll see you there!
***[In actuality, it’ll more like be 4:00pm MST]

Bochi

How would you fly around and speak while dreaming though?

You're such a silly butterfly~ *giggles*
Perhaps, perhaps not. Butterflies have always shared a strong connection to death, and the shroud of death takes on the form of sleep, from which dreams are born...yes, it all makes sense now. You have my thanks, butterfly Ilya. I will now take the leap of faith.

AliceShiki

Perhaps, perhaps not. Butterflies have always shared a strong connection to death, and the shroud of death takes on the form of sleep, from which dreams are born...yes, it all makes sense now. You have my thanks, butterfly Ilya. I will now take the leap of faith.
*confused Ilya noises*

... I'm a fairy! >.<

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
Does anyone have a map they can share with me? Any map no matter how incomplete it is, is better than none.

I believe Gargan Kiri (@BouncyCactus) recently drew a map of a place they explored in the Lower World, but that's all that we've got on hand so far!

H-Huh? This thing speak?
*panik bird noises*
Is this spirit capable of telepathic communication? Interesting…..
Ah, right. There is a rather large lake to the southwest of the Archipelago, but that is quite a distance away.
Look like there is a demand for map huh? I shall see if I can do anything about this…..

Last edited:

AliceShiki

H-Huh? This thing speak?
*panik bird noises*
Is this spirit capable of telepathic communication? Interesting…..
Ah, right. There is a rather large lake to the southwest of the Archipelago, but that is quite a distance away.
Look like there is a demand for map huh? I shall see if I can do anything about this…..
Ilya is not a thing! :blob_hmph:

Why does this butterfly say all sorts of crazy things? o.0

And stop changing your voice! you're confusing me! >.<

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
Ilya is not a thing! :blob_hmph:

Why does this butterfly say all sorts of crazy things? o.0

And stop changing your voice! you're confusing me! >.<
I-I'm....Pardon me, little one?
*'Confused inner monologue: She sound so young! Does the guild also accept young ones too?'*
Ilya was it? I'm afraid that this butterfly you speaking off isn't sentient. Was you perhaps referring to some other?

AliceShiki

I-I'm....Pardon me, little one?
*'Confused inner monologue: She sound so young! Does the guild also accept young ones too?'*
Ilya was it? I'm afraid that this butterfly you speaking off isn't sentient. Was you perhaps referring to some other?
Mmmmmmm... I got it! Sentient means tasty, and you're saying you're not tasty!!!

*hugs butterfly tightly* No worries! I won't eat you! Eating butterflies is bad!

Gacha_addict

"E-excus...."

[Master! This lower lifeform has somehow able to speak without using its vocal cords. Somehow its quite different from the device you work on that could only transmit communications one way. We could further our research if we somehow dissect this one and find out how this insect works.]
awwwww...... There's a shy one here, what do you want? I'll help you since you looked like you need one

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
awwwww...... There's a shy one here, what do you want? I'll help you since you looked like you need one
[Master! Its voice change again! A weird insect that could talk.... Maybe its the same insect race that could transform into humans by melting a human's insides and wearing the skin! Or maybe....]

"A-ah.... Y-yes! I'm looking for some advice!"

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
[Master! Its voice change again! A weird insect that could talk.... Maybe its the same insect race that could transform into humans by melting a human's insides and wearing the skin! Or maybe....]

Huh? Advice?
Ah, you much be new to this.....strange realm too, assumed?
Although not much help I can give you about this world, but if there are any trouble regarding traveling and exploration, I believe my wings are open!

Adventurer's Guild Card​
92 Aarakocra ideas in 2021 | character art, character inspiration, fantasy  characters
Bio​
NameGargan Kiri
Age26
RaceAarakocra
OccupationExplorer
GoalExplore the New World, duh!
Appearance​
Gargan is an Aarakocra, or humanoid birdfolk, of the falcon clan, and his brownish-white plumage showed it. As an Aarakocra, Gargan prided himself on his beautiful and rather large pair of wings. As an explorer, he prided on its ruggedness and his unusually thick layers of feathers. For an Aarakocra, Gargan is tall, very tall, standing at 6ft, and his wingspan is an impressive 26ft long, tip to tip. What distinguishes the mist, however, is Gargan’s talons, which each have four gigantic claws that are capable of picking up a grown man with ease. Each of his feet could comfortably be wrapped around a grown man's torso too.

Maybe because he has been away from his nest for years now, Gargan has adopted a more ‘civilized’ fashion, not that he thought their clan’s apparel was barbaric. He thought it was tribal, and if anything else, it is quite tasteful too, as he still keeps a small pendant of his clan hanging on his leather belt, consisting of a wire wrapped piece of amethyst and a couple of feathers of his clansmen. His clothes are simple, as he only has a thick woven tunic and trouser underneath, a long coat of thick gambeson both as armor and for warmth, and a hardened leather cuirass on top. Lastly, he also sported a pair of braces.
Skills​
Swordsmanship (Adept): Due to the aerial art of bladed combat that is unique to the aarakocra, and the rarity of it among the more humanoids races, Gargan has found that he is virtually undefeated with his swordsmanship. Against another aarakocra however, he will struggle, as he isn’t as practiced as them, due to his tendency to avoid conflicts.
[The Aarakocra’s swordsman is much different to the land-bounded races, as they do not hold their blades with their hand, but with their feet, which offer a much stronger grip and thus, heavier weapons. Also, due to their anatomy, they can not swing a sword effectively due to their wings, and while airborne, could affect their flight. Their art of the blade pretty much involved aerial jousting, fly-by slashing and diving slashes. Never confront an aarakocra in an open field!]

Survival (Expert): Due to his occupation, Gargan can pretty much survive in the wilderness almost everywhere, and he has a vast well of knowledge involving hunting, fishing, field cooking, harvesting, scouting, camping, first aid, and navigation.

Scouting (Expert): This one is very much explanatory, isn’t it? Oh, right, his falcon eyes can see much much farther than normal human eyes, allowing him to view the land from up high in clear detail!

Hydromancer (Beginner): He is not very experienced with magic, as he spends most of the time on the road and avoiding conflicts. In fact, he only knows one offensive spell, Water Bolts, and mostly uses his magic in a more utilitarian way, like creating water for drinking or washing. Or to summon a layer of mist to screen his retreat.
Inventory​
2 Set of clothes (tunic and trouser)
1 Thick gambeson
1 Hardened leather cuirass (his biking jacket!)
1 Aarakocra blade (Similar in size with a zweihandler, but with a much longer handle)
2 Knives (one for heavy duty chopping, one for skinning and cooking)
Compass
Papers
String ruler
Ink and barely written notebook
His clan’s pendant and charm.
Personality​
Unlike most peers his age, the aarakocra is timid. Not shy, but just timid and tends to keep things to himself. Oh, but he isn’t the cold iron shell of a loner. More than anything else, it just took him a little longer to get comfortable with people. And his fuse is quite short too, if someone ever badmouths his clan’s pendants, or touches his wings without his permission. Beside those occasions however, he prefers to keep his word to himself, and many others would describe him as a calm, dependable guy who preferred to keep things non confrontational.

Oh, even though he is of the raptor family, he is very scared of rats. Giant rats to be more exact, but their smaller cousins still made his plum stand upright, especially in damp, dark caves. And blizzards. And maybe extroverts too…. They intimidated him.
Backstory​
Gargan Kiri is the third of his clutch, and thus is not expected to become a warrior for his clan, a joyless and bloody task that he would like to stay away from, especially with his war-loving clan of his. But, while not expected to become one, he was very much trained in the way of the sword like his older brothers and sisters, and is quite adept at it. At the age of 15, he made one of the least choices and left the mountain range, wanting to explore the world.

“What does the Plain of Beasts have to offer? How large are the Forests of the Elves? The Dwelling of Man? There is more to this boring, rocky and blood-soaked mountain!”

For 11 years, he explored much of the known world, visiting the famed Imperial Capital of man, to the Root of the World Tree deep within the Elven Scared Forest, to the Mobile Fortress of the Dwarves. Now he set out to discover the mythical Dimension Rift, a strange magical phenomenon that connected worlds and realms together.

One his last journey, following an unconfirmed rumor, he arrived at a mountain range known for their hundreds of wyverns’ nests. A gamble, a dangerous game, but if it was true, his dream would come true!

And it did, but with the unwelcome help of a pair of hungry and pissed wyvern, Gargan and the couple engaged in an airborne high speed chase. It almost cost him his wing, but he was able to narrowly escape, driving through a Dimensional Rift. “The rumor is true!”

And that is how Gargan Kiri the fearless explorer finds himself staring at Sky Archipelago, a cluster of countless islands floating just below the lowest batches of cloud.

Gacha_addict

Then i'm happy to help! Even though i can't help you about travelling and exploration yet, but maybe i could help you in some quest. Keep in mind that i can't fly like birdie over there, but i could also teach you a thing or two about survival or wilderness.
View attachment 8131

Name: Fyr Mypp
Race: Attractive Human.... I must say
Appearance: Let's see, i have yellow hair and a pair of eyes that matches with my hair color. I'm taller than average (you don't need to know my height) and i have a very good looking face if i say so myself, even though other people told me i have a punchable face, but hey.... They're just jealous.
Personality: The majority that i met told me i'm irritating and sly but i like to call myself being misunderstood and smart. My passion is money. My hobby is making money and gambling. I dislikes losing money. Oh..... and i like to see l̶o̶l̶i̶ children smiles since they reminds me of my childhood.
Backstory: Don't worry i don't have any criminal records, but if you want to take a guess, it's either your typical heroes backstory or i'm just an adventurer from anonymous world that found a REALLY good place to make money.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Then i'm happy to help! Even though i can't help you about travelling and exploration yet, but maybe i could help you in some quest. Keep in mind that i can't fly like birdie over there, but i could also teach you a thing or two about survival or wilderness.
View attachment 8131

Name: Fyr Mypp
Race: Attractive Human.... I must say
Appearance: Let's see, i have yellow hair and a pair of eyes that matches with my hair color. I'm taller than average (you don't need to know my height) and i have a very good looking face if i say so myself, even though other people told me i have a punchable face, but hey.... They're just jealous.
Personality: The majority that i met told me i'm irritating and sly but i like to call myself being misunderstood and smart. My passion is money. My hobby is making money and gambling. I dislikes losing money. Oh..... and i like to see l̶o̶l̶i̶ children smiles since they reminds me of my childhood.
Backstory: Don't worry i don't have any criminal records, but if you want to take a guess, it's either your typical heroes backstory or i'm just an adventurer from anonymous world that found a REALLY good place to make money.
[Hmph! This lowly human thinks he could help master when it comes to survival as master already has been living in the wilderness in the past. Also, why would Master need to ask people for help when he could do everything by himself...]

"I-I'm in your care!"