Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

Way

I actually didn't even try to write things on Scribble directly because I remember losing an entire rant on NUF because the 'save' option didn't 'save' it exactly... so I have trust issues.
For me it was a bloody lesson learnt in NUF, back in AG v1, circa 2016...whole report flushed down the toilet. Was terrible.

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Well, Scribbly does automatically save drafts and stuff IIRC, but it's generally safer to write on an MS Word document or something and then copy pasting to Scribbly IMO~
Writing bbcode in ms word is just painful, especially if you are dealing with tables.

Then again I am the dumbass who has kept a tab open for a whole day just to get his registration form done.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Alright, time to sleep and think of my next story since I left on a literal cliffhanger.

This time, shorter. No detours, no derails.

Writing bbcode in ms word is just painful, especially if you are dealing with tables.

Then again I am the dumbass who has kept a tab open for a whole day just to get his registration form done.
And that's one of the many reasons I avoid tables like plague! XD

I also avoid basically all types of BB Code while writing these days tbh... >.>

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
Quest Evaluation:
Looking at the submitted report, I am glad to see that at least some our bridges are being actively repairs. Due to the Worldshift, and the surges in the demand of airships allocated to explore the unknow Lower World, we certainly could used those bridges for less urgent travel and shorter trips.

Now, looking at your comment, Sorge, I do agree that the payment should be lessen due to personal interest, but I afraid that without further evident of the abused of guild manpower for personal gain, I couldn't do anything about this, and perhaps this personal interest of Sir Ascalio Severo Alberano Lionello Alfonso Verano di Nagranto Lepanto della Fredda Fenice il Rosso Tercio could benefices the local and quicken the reconnection of our islands.

However Sir Ascalio Severo Alberano Lionello Alfonso Verano di Nagranto Lepanto della Fredda Fenice il Rosso Tercio, I will have to issue you a warning next time, as well as reduced pay if you are to continue using the guild's manpower for your personal gain.

Sincerely,
Kafka Leonar

Rewards:
  • 15 SP per bridge, 45 SP in total
  • A strongly worded letter from receptionist Kafka about The Guild's Guideline and Questing Etiquette.
Unrelated, but the fact you used the full name made me remember my mom using my full name while bring out la chancla. Terrific Memories.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Does Sky Archipelago have soap, shampoo, or any other Earthern type products?
I would say it doesn't have them due to being a medi-fantasy setting... But well, it's probably not the end of the world if it has it.

Their existence can probably be explained by having isekai'd people in the archipelago, so someone could have used past life knowledge to recreate them~

fyrre

I would say it doesn't have them due to being a medi-fantasy setting... But well, it's probably not the end of the world if it has it.

Their existence can probably be explained by having isekai'd people in the archipelago, so someone could have used past life knowledge to recreate them~
I do want to keep the medi-fantasy setting so just throwing in a bunch of modern items would mess it up quite a bit.

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Funnily enough, the idea of soap or soap-like things used to clean is quite old. Though in the ancient world it was mostly made with animal fat and some added thing like ash, potash or dried and crushed plants.

It was also mostly used for cleaning cloth, mostly more hardy materials like wool and linen. There are, however, Roman accounts of the Gaul people using soap made of tallow and ash to clean their face and hair.

Shampoo, on the other hand, is a more recent idea.

fyrre

Funnily enough, the idea of soap or soap-like things used to clean is quite old. Though in the ancient world it was mostly made with animal fat and some added thing like ash, potash or dried and crushed plants.

It was also mostly used for cleaning cloth, mostly more hardy materials like wool and linen. There are, however, Roman accounts of the Gaul people using soap made of tallow and ash to clean their face and hair.

Hmm, so would it be alright to include soap like things as items used on Sky Archipelago? Considering they've been around so long.

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Hmm, so would it be alright to include soap like things as items used on Sky Archipelago? Considering they've been around so long.
I'd say it would be fine if it was the kind of rustic soap that was used around in the middle ages.

But then again, while Europe used the more harsh tallow and ash soaps for cleaning (and fun fact, they also used egg whites to bleach white clothing), the middle east was already experimenting with scented soaps and many guilds were formed with the intention of experimenting and recording soap making methods as early as the 10th century.

But all in all, I'd say that it wouldn't be an anachronistic addition depending on how you go about it.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

I do want to keep the medi-fantasy setting so just throwing in a bunch of modern items would mess it up quite a bit.

My first feelings are that it could go either way.

The setting isn't strictly "medieval fantasy", in the sense that steampunk elements also exist and the people in this world are familiar with electricity. It's just that electricity is inferior to magic.

In other words, it could make sense if people used magic for quality of life things (i.e. a spell that cleans one's hair). Perhaps these magical things could be less accessible to the poor.

fyrre

The setting isn't strictly "medieval fantasy", in the sense that steampunk elements also exist and the people in this world are familiar with electricity. It's just that electricity is inferior to magic.

In other words, it would make sense if people used magic for quality of life things (i.e. a spell that cleans one's hair). Perhaps these magical things could be less accessible to the poor.
Oh, yes! Magic. I guess that wraps up this topic then.

The_Everdistant_Utopia

In other words, it could make sense if people used magic for quality of life things (i.e. a spell that cleans one's hair). Perhaps these magical things could be less accessible to the poor.
My feelings are: If I see any of you washing your face/hands with soap, I'm calling the Centurian. The absolute audacity of the Gaul.