Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
Out of curiosity were western dragons ever venerated in the way that eastern dragons were?

I’m just curious about what people’s attitudes to “wryms” would be.

For instance dragons were respected/worshiped in eastern mythology, but it was much more common in western mythology to see them as monsters to be slain. If wryms are still as seen as beasts/monsters, it wouldn’t really change people’s perspective on Ume, right?
But she is an intelligent and sentient being with her own personality, i.e a person, so she should be seen as such as SA is supposed to have all sorts of intelligent races

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
But she is an intelligent and sentient being with her own personality, i.e a person, so she should be seen as such as SA is supposed to have all sorts of intelligent races
It depends on whether SA has a concept of "universal rights" or not!

For instance, would goblins from goblin hunter be given universal rights? Unicorns? Intelligent slimes?

:blob_happy: It's actually something that fascinated me for a long time. In the original version of Adventurer's Guild, there were a lot of kill quests. I.E. Slay 10 goblins, slay 20 slimes, slay 5 unicorns, slay 5 giant rhinoceros, etc.

But who is it to say that unicorns aren't intelligent? Or goblins?

I would suggest that "universal rights" isn't necessarily 100% established all across the archipelago. Some people might support it (just like there are anti-slavery factions), but there would probably also be a lot of people who see goblins as pests.

I think creatures/species that are seen as violent/abhorrent are much less likely to given "human rights" status. For instance, a monster (i.e. godzilla) that constantly burns houses down might be seen as a violent beast and may not necessarily be given human rights, and similarly speaking goblins like those in goblin slayer might be viewed as sub-human for their abhorrent cultural practices.

I personally also have the headcanon that humans are generally rather biased/prejudiced. If it looks kinda human, it's more likely to be given rights than an intelligent jellyfish tentacle monster with a 2000 IQ but lacks a mouth to communicate verbally.

Reborn_Cat

I personally also have the headcanon that humans are generally rather biased/prejudiced. If it looks kinda human, it's more likely to be given rights than an intelligent jellyfish tentacle monster with a 2000 IQ but lacks a mouth to communicate verbally.
So we're going with factions as the answer to this then, aren't we

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
So.... a burger?
:blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww:
But with sandwich bread. :sweating_profusely:
I'd eat that~
That is truly evil
No no, it's not evil, it's tasty~
Out of curiosity were western dragons ever venerated in the way that eastern dragons were?

I’m just curious about what people’s attitudes to “wryms” would be.

For instance dragons were respected/worshiped in eastern mythology, but it was much more common in western mythology to see them as monsters to be slain. If wryms are still as seen as beasts/monsters, it wouldn’t really change people’s perspective on Ume, right?
AFAIK they have always been viewed as monsters~

At most they could be seen as something to be feared, but never worshiped.
:blob_happy: It's actually something that fascinated me for a long time. In the original version of Adventurer's Guild, there were a lot of kill quests. I.E. Slay 10 goblins, slay 20 slimes, slay 5 unicorns, slay 5 giant rhinoceros, etc.

But who is it to say that unicorns aren't intelligent? Or goblins?
The basic idea was that they were seen as plagues of sort and so the guild offered rewards to call their numbers because they cause too much trouble otherwise.

Yes, unicorns were plagues. They were evil perverts who only wanted to get close to virgin girls, they should totally be slain! :blob_hmph:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
:blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww:

I'd eat that~

No no, it's not evil, it's tasty~

AFAIK they have always been viewed as monsters~

At most they could be seen as something to be feared, but never worshiped.

The basic idea was that they were seen as plagues of sort and so the guild offered rewards to call their numbers because they cause too much trouble otherwise.

Yes, unicorns were plagues. They were evil perverts who only wanted to get close to virgin girls, they should totally be slain! :blob_hmph:
:blob_teary: Those poor unicorns….
As a side note, #slimelivesmatter (or so okarin insists)

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
:blob_teary: Those poor unicorns….
As a side note, #slimelivesmatter (or so okarin insists)
Eh? No, Poor Rea-chan that had her unicorn stolen by the evil Shadow~
Now that's what evil is all about! Nobody steals Rea-chan's unicorn! :blob_hmph:

On a random side note, I think I once wrote a report with one of my alts that showed the unicorns being total perverts and stuff. She was a catgirl that could talk to animals and one thing led to the other... I forgot what exactly happened in that report though... I guess it just ended up with an unicorn dying eventually~

Reborn_Cat

Eh? No, Poor Rea-chan that had her unicorn stolen by the evil Shadow~
Now that's what evil is all about! Nobody steals Rea-chan's unicorn! :blob_hmph:

On a random side note, I think I once wrote a report with one of my alts that showed the unicorns being total perverts and stuff. She was a catgirl that could talk to animals and one thing led to the other... I forgot what exactly happened in that report though... I guess it just ended up with an unicorn dying eventually~
Question, what if the unicorn was female

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper

I need this image in my quick access bar when dealing with you, don't I?