[Almost A Daily Thread] I traced AI Art to see if I will improve my skills.

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
Day 7: This piece from the thread made by @Tempokai
1709114995801.png
1709115005153.png

Upon using the proper technique of shaping out a circle and the grids, it gets better and I can definitely pass this off as something look-at-able. The eyes are a meh, I would like to try and tackle more of the body from now on.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
A bit late to this thread because I haven't been active lately. But as someone who draws and has traced ai art out of curiosity I wanted to give my opinion.

I tried tracing ai art before. And I can't say I necessarily recommend it for improving ability. Ai arts true strength lies in coloring and shading. Even basic ai art generators are at a level that many artists can't compete with. But that is also ai arts biggest crutch.

Often times good looking pieces of ai art look awful when reduced to line art. Proportions are usually out of shape, but disguised by the excellent shading. I've found it's most apparent in head depth and height, shoulders and hips.

I can't say I don't use ai generators to help with my art. It's good for creating poses, and can help with getting eyes angled correctly. My recommendation is not to stop tracing ai art, but to do so more roughly. Sketch out only the basics shapes of a pose and body, and then use that as foundation to start building something thats your own, while using the original for reference.

LuoirM

Day 8: I went a bit daring today, using AI to pose, then trying to draw my friend's OC, whom I loved very much (more than the owner themself). The character is... a male nun (whore), of sort, yeah.
Pic 1 is AI, Pic 2 is the OC, and Pic 3 is my attempt

1709203959558.png
1709203978404.png
1709204013671.png

I've been focusing too much on the above, now imma try to tackle more of the the upper body.
If any one got some AI pic that have good body/torso view that'd be swell

Last edited:

LuoirM

Day 9, revisiting this old pic, tracing its body using shapes that my barely-an-artist friend recommended,
1709301993480.png
1709302023391.png

1709302141639.png

I am very much not satisfied with the sketch, the one advice I took was "don't be shy about the boobs. and I believe I definitely did a lot more wrong, so I erase some of the sketches to line and yep, it looks so off, maybe the torso needs some cutting and I need to lower the chest down.

Also it does not help, the fact that the AI pic is clothed so it's harder for me to look

Also, after doing the triangle, I don't know how to connect it to the leg.

DannyTheDaikon

| Azure tamer | Harbinger of chaos and soup
Day 9, revisiting this old pic, tracing its body using shapes that my barely-an-artist friend recommended,
View attachment 25778View attachment 25779

View attachment 25780
I am very much not satisfied with the sketch, the one advice I took was "don't be shy about the boobs. and I believe I definitely did a lot more wrong, so I erase some of the sketches to line and yep, it looks so off, maybe the torso needs some cutting and I need to lower the chest down.

Also it does not help, the fact that the AI pic is clothed so it's harder for me to look

Also, after doing the triangle, I don't know how to connect it to the leg.
Try watching this video. Should give you some idea how to approach this

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
This is what I normally look for in a drawing. Unfortunately, this reference is kinda hard for figuring out the legs and breasts, sorry about that.
1709301993480.jpg

For the legs, it's important to note that there's quite a lot of space between them. The 'triangle' is more of a trapezoid. The legs themselves are broken up into several different bone and muscle groups that I... failed to draw out for you. Sorry again.

The Iliac crest (Running from the Pubic - Hips labels) creates a sort of ridge that all the muscles hang off of. Then there's a sort of shallow point (The second, unlabeled circle) where the outermost point of the femur starts.

Is that helpful?

LuoirM

This is what I normally look for in a drawing. Unfortunately, this reference is kinda hard for figuring out the legs and breasts, sorry about that.
View attachment 25847
For the legs, it's important to note that there's quite a lot of space between them. The 'triangle' is more of a trapezoid. The legs themselves are broken up into several different bone and muscle groups that I... failed to draw out for you. Sorry again.

The Iliac crest (Running from the Pubic - Hips labels) creates a sort of ridge that all the muscles hang off of. Then there's a sort of shallow point (The second, unlabeled circle) where the outermost point of the femur starts.

Is that helpful?
Do you just remember where goes where or you have some steps in mind?

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Do you just remember where goes where or you have some steps in mind?
Sort of both. I tend to start at a point like the clavicle or shoulder, then move out from there. Usually I end up making mistakes, so I look for references until I can remember/learn what I did wrong.
It's a lot of trial and error for me.

LuoirM

Try watching this video. Should give you some idea how to approach this

In my personal opinion... This is more a walkthrough than a tutorial, I don't have proper basic techniques/correct lengths knowledge in mind so following him, someone who drew on his own terms was quite challenging. I think he's a practicer and not a learner (the former usually don't teach) but I do learned quite a bit here, where the shoulders goes, how to treat sketches, etc. thanka lots but I may try to find something more slow.

DannyTheDaikon

| Azure tamer | Harbinger of chaos and soup
In my personal opinion... This is more a walkthrough than a tutorial, I don't have proper basic techniques/correct lengths knowledge in mind so following him, someone who drew on his own terms was quite challenging. I think he's a practicer and not a learner (the former usually don't teach) but I do learned quite a bit here, where the shoulders goes, how to treat sketches, etc. thanka lots but I may try to find something more slow.
You weren't supposed to follow him. It was to show you the process and show how artists approach this type of problems. You need to have a general idea first, before you start following. Watching how others do things can also teach you a lot.

LuoirM

don‘t try perspective body shortening as a beginner, never
yes ma'am :<
I can't see gifs
You weren't supposed to follow him. It was to show you the process and show how artists approach this type of problems. You need to have a general idea first, before you start following. Watching how others do things can also teach you a lot.
I'll have a revisit... Maybe I was looking at it the wrong way

LuoirM

I was actually so disappointed of how I did with the AI art that I spent like two pages just doodling to try and tackle the body figure and hands... Lemme share 'em
I swear it's bowing and not doggystyle.

1709550255245.png
1709550288685.png

Notadate

I was actually so disappointed of how I did with the AI art that I spent like two pages just doodling to try and tackle the body figure and hands... Lemme share 'em
I swear it's bowing and not doggystyle.

View attachment 26013 View attachment 26014
Wanna know a trick. Draw one sec
6A560624-708D-4767-986D-6FD5FC8B3E67.jpeg

That shape can be used to draw hand
I use it when I done wanna draw finger and just wanna outline the hand
-

Last edited:

LuoirM

If we skipped over the fucked up face and hand, will this be fine for me to trace for full body learning?
1709592819087.png