Anti-Chocolate Thread 21.10-20.11

doravg

110/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
So, I have really let myself go. After I have been doing workouts with little to no progress for the last five months, I weighed myself.
111kg750grams.
The chocolate after the writing of the morning chapters will just have to go.
The juices at meal times will have to go.
My brain better learn to use the sugars in fruits because it is not getting anything else.

If I eat something sugary during the next 30 days, I swear to everything that is holy and unholy, I will buy someone from SH a 50 Dollar Ko-fi. Then link my defeat here in this thread.

To not be able to pull out of this, I will write about how long I have been working out and if I ate chocolate or not during each day of this challenge.

I am starting it tomorrow, but will cycle as I watch maiLab today. I have it on good authority it is low-impact and won't lead to damages.

Please, no unsupportive commends.

And yes, the ko-fi winner will be chosen from this thread. But you must know one thing, potential beneficiary from my weakness.

There is no one as stingy as a Bulgarian woman, who wants to spend her money on boots. Boots which are fancy, and which might be size 41, but are tighter and meant for a slim person.

Let the 30-day Anti-chocolate challenge begin... tomorrow.

Lorelliad

I'm back
If it's only chocolate you're trying to abstain from, there's plenty of other sweets that might sate your cravings. Good luck on your journey, though! :blobtaco:

Major2501

Well I hope you accomplish your sans chocolate goal. 🙂 Grapes and berries are a decent substitute for sweets and chocolate and like MintiLime mentioned, dried fruit. Dried apricots are lush, only in small doses though.

Chocolate is a sore point for me. I don't particularly like the stuff, but I crave it. And depending on what chocolate it is and how much I've eaten, it usually gives me the atomic shits. 😐 TMI but I regret eating the stuff.

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
I can't relate to losing weight, since the hyper metabolism thing. But I think this advice would work.

If the gym or park is near, just walk to it and back. In the gym, after doing your routine do some cardio before walking back.

And remember to warm up before workout, shadow boxing repeatedly for 15 seconds, with 10 second break, do it from 3 to 4 times.

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
Huh, I don't understand all of what you're writing but squeezing fruits and vegetables into an unholy mixture of juices is an actually good choice for sugar (as long as you also eat the smushed dense part for fiber? I don't know what it's called)

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Try trail mix as a snack. Banana chips and other salty/sweet snacks can replace chocolate. I do work out 4 days a week but I snack on something salty or protein rich when I write. It works better than candy and doesn't taste bad. Plus, the trail mix has a a little bit of chocolate and is well balanced.

J_Chemist

Best of luck. If you aren't losing weight, you might want to look into the why rather than just making random changes.

Are you really eating too much? Or are you just not burning enough? Are your exercises actually geared towards helping you lose weight, or are you inadvertently building rather than losing? Are your workouts intense enough?

If you're going to make changes, I'd look into what you're doing rather than just what you're eating.
Damn, missed the no unsupportive commends.
The dawg in me almost came out. Then I saw that.

SailusGebel

I hope this won't count as unsupportive commends. Why not eat a tiny little bit of very dark chocolate?

Kalliel

Grind, Future, A Beautiful Star
It's time for an One Punch Man workout...!
You can literally bend space-time after doing it for a few years.
The only side effect is that you'll be bald. But who cares about that?

Seriously though, good luck.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
I am lucky enough to not have a weakness to chocolate. The only type of chocolate I like is dark chocolate. Milk chocolate is okay, but I don't go out of my way to eat it. I sort of inherited my mom's lack of sweet tooth.

That aside, good luck! Resisting any urge is always a challenge, so I wish you the best of luck!

doravg

110/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
Best of luck. If you aren't losing weight, you might want to look into the why rather than just making random changes.

Are you really eating too much? Or are you just not burning enough? Are your exercises actually geared towards helping you lose weight, or are you inadvertently building rather than losing? Are your workouts intense enough?

If you're going to make changes, I'd look into what you're doing rather than just what you're eating.

The dawg in me almost came out. Then I saw that.
I have been working out for 5 months straight, but eating what I want. And I got fatter, which shouldn't surprise me, but it does. No more sweets!
I hope this won't count as unsupportive commends. Why not eat a tiny little bit of very dark chocolate?
I will get new boots!