Any tips and tricks for novel to get more exposure

CRimson5

Hey fellow authors.

I am here to ask for some advice, what are the things you do to attract readers. To get that penetration during the beginning of stories.

For examples my story lack penetration, as it barely get 50-60 views and from it 3 to 4 likes a chapter, I thought it was common but I saw few stories that get a lot of views, likes and comments at beginning which push them to trending stage which again boost their views.

I am thinking it is either because of cover art, synopsis or dumbing 10 to 15 chapter at the beginning of the story.

Any thoughts?

Any advices

SailusGebel

Write what is popular. Add more tags and genres. Don't upload chapters in quick succession, otherwise, your story will be flagged like spam and hidden from the latest updates. Good upload schedule is 3-4 chapters a week. Always use a cover.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Cross post your work and upload consistently to start. Writing what is popular can get extra exposure but I don't think you have to if you're writing for fun. Definitely use a cover as Sailus said.

upload often and consistently.
create multiple accounts and start liking and leaving comments.
interact with your audience and ask for feedback.
update cover/synopsis.
use the accounts to larp in the forums and get others to view your novel.
review tags and genres and make sure they're correct and sufficient.
study what similar successful novels are doing.
rewrite early chapters.
harass your competition with your myriad of accounts into quitting.
reivew swap with other authors or ask readers for reviews.

Yorth

Swordman
honestly, from what I understand, you need to worry about just three things.
1- Good attractive anime cover with nice colors that pops out.
2- Write in a subgenre that is very popular aka look at what's consistently trending and just do that.
3- A blurb that tells the reader immediately why they need to read your story (imagine yourself from the reader's perspective. Most are just looking through tags, and some keywords in your blurb to see if your story fits what they wanna read)
Other than that, readers don't seem to care that much about perfect prose that captures the imagination in the most subtle and sublime ways. Just make sure your story is readable and follows some clear path no matter how generic that path is. Oh, and write lots of chapters, that's it.

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
Ride on what's popular. Isekai and LitRPG tend to get views, but so does Gender Bender and GL. Smut will also do you well. It's a matter of if you can work with the tags or not. Still, tags will only get you so far. Also remember that some of the books on trending have a backlog of hundreds of chapters, so they can afford to rack up view from pure exposure alone (I.e, uploading multiple times throughout the day).

And your cover will do wonders. These were the covers of my story in the past from left to right.

1) Least views. No Anime.
1675969247429.png
2) Pixel Art. Slightly more views. 3) Anime closeup. More interest. 4) Fully developed cover. Most views.
1)
1675969211494.png
2)
1675969292443.png
3)
1675969530727.png
4)
1675969661296.png

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Ride on what's popular. Isekai and LitRPG tend to get views, but so does Gender Bender and GL. Smut will also do you well. It's a matter of if you can work with the tags or not. Still, tags will only get you so far. Also remember that some of the books on trending have a backlog of hundreds of chapters, so they can afford to rack up view from pure exposure alone (I.e, uploading multiple times throughout the day).

And your cover will do wonders. These were the covers of my story in the past from left to right.

1) Least views. No Anime.View attachment 17152 2) Pixel Art. Slightly more views. 3) Anime closeup. More interest. 4) Fully developed cover. Most views.
1) View attachment 17151 2) View attachment 17153 3) View attachment 17154 4) View attachment 17155
I never saw your story with the first cover

bring it under the sun.

it will also give them sufficient vitamin D.

except if you're writing about vampires. instead offer them the blood of virgins.

proxybaba

u need to know what to post where
anything smutty will get lots of views in SH
litRpg and gamelit in RR
romance in Wattpad
anything else in webnovel. but be warned, there writing interface of everything except RR and SH is beyond trash.

doravg

104/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Don't hire anyone from fiverr. They will show you a report, but you will get nothing out of it. It doesn't matter how much you pay, fiverr sellers are just a bunch of scammers.

ForestDweller

I dunno. I kinda don't want to get exposure these days. More times than not people would just shittalk my story. :s_smile: