Author's Greatest Enemy

Esper

Mine, similarly, has to do with motivation. I often write and then life appears and tears me away from writing, and when I get back I've made so many new ideas I often feel as if I can't go back, it is a bothersome and troublesome effect on my heart as it always hurts not to but I also feel as if I'm not good enough to continue. Eventually I either cave or forget about it entirely, which is regrettable in both ways as you don't want to do something solely because you feel obligated, and forgetting a work you put effort into sucks.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
ADHD mainly, but I'm taking medication and my psychologist is helping me organize my schedule, so I'm slowly starting to overcome that problem.

I was able to get back to writing last month after half a year without writing a single word for one~

Ymadthepirate

Professional Bitch Faggot in da house
Self Awareness
ADHD mainly, but I'm taking medication and my psychologist is helping me organize my schedule, so I'm slowly starting to overcome that problem.

I was able to get back to writing last month after half a year without writing a single word for one~
YAY Happy face:blobthumbsup::s_smile:(y)😀

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Fellow authors and writers! What's your greatest enemy while making your novels? In my case, not having enough MOTIVATION (insert DMC5 reference here) and lack of ideas is my greatest enemies
Unironically impossibly too smart

Redemit

Obviously it's Bob the breaker of keyboards and Steve the snapper of pens and pencils

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
Focus. I can swap from writing to playing Minecraft in a blink of an eye.

Last edited:

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
INSCRYPTION

Seriously. I am a power gaming, min-maxing 33rd level munchkin. That game is like frickin crack to guys like me.

When you have a 100/100 Orobot with sniping and double attack along with a bomb latch with recall and power up so you can power up to max on turn 1 and nuke the AI from orbit, TWICE, before it can move...

I want that shit in an IV drip mainlined into my veins.

finding the right stuff to write

but it's not much. i just have to take my time to solve them.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
I feel mostly it is distractions that due me in. I sometimes need to step away from the fake world of the internet and do some dopamine detox.

I can't write when I end up terminally on YouTube after all.

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
I'm seeing that half of these problems would just be waking up an hour earlier and writing then. Not after the bog of a full day weighing you guys down.

bulmabriefs144

Fellow authors and writers! What's your greatest enemy while making your novels? In my case, not having enough MOTIVATION (insert DMC5 reference here) and lack of ideas is my greatest enemies

In-Between Blockage.

When you've finished that book, and that idea for the new book is just not coming.