Average Readers/View Ratio

Millarca

I have seen stories with more than 100 readers but less than 1000 views while there are stories having less than 100 readers with more (1000+) views. I don't think statistics are important, but I'm curious about it. Is this normal?

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
I'll clarify something; when a user views a novel, they become a viewer and adds themselves to the view count. When a reader reads the first chapter or bookmarks the novel, they become a reader and a viewer at the same time. Usually, there are more viewers than readers because users tend to never read any novel at all. A hundred readers yet a thousand views means that out of the thousand views - nine hundred users haven't read the novel but only checked the front page.

D

Deleted member 45782

I wonder, that probably counts for those who log in one device, come back another device to read, and then another device...

Tony

Staff member
So, it's not possible to have lower views than readers?

A reader is someone with an account who has used the reading list feature to bookmark your novel. The stat basically says "Your novel has been bookmarked by X users".

A "View" (pageview) is anyone who has viewed your novel. You don't need an account for a view to count.

So it's unlikely you'll see views lower than readers.

someguysomeone

One of the dime a dozen undead
A reader is someone with an account who has used the reading list feature to bookmark your novel. The stat basically says "Your novel has been bookmarked by X users".

A "View" (pageview) is anyone who has viewed your novel. You don't need an account for a view to count.

So it's unlikely you'll see views lower than readers.
You should make a glossary with exact definition of terms