Best Quotes From (Anime/LN/Original)

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
"People die when they are killed." (Hajime Nagumo)(Arifureta)

for the stuff i've read, i guess i really like this quote from I'm really a superstar. it's roughly sound like this:

"There are two kinds of artists: the one that adjust themselves to people, and the one that can make people adjust to them."

The main character, Zhang Ye, isn't afraid of becoming himself, and making people come to love him, for who he is. the story had a lot of potential but sadly is filled with repetitive face-slapping.

my other favorite quote comes from Emperor's Domination. it's kinda like: "Speed in cultivation is meaningless, if you do not cultivate your foundation. Even if they rose fast toward heaven, they will crumble just as fast."

i think the most memorable thing i watch came from the anime, Ef- a tale of memories.

"I'd rather focus on things that i like--it is a thousand times better than doing things I hate."

it's so long ago, I don't remember the exact quote, when it came to anime--it's the thing that always come to mind.

for stuff i wrote:

"I know what it's like to be alone in this world, where you couldn't even find anyone to talk, about being a gay futa loli with a big penis."

well it's the only quote people commented on, that it meant something for them.

D

Deleted member 3426

Title says it all. What are your favorite quotes from something you've read, watched or written?

I'll start.

"People die when they are killed." (Hajime Nagumo)(Arifureta)
Truer words were never spoken.

for the stuff i've read, i guess i really like this quote from I'm really a superstar. it's roughly sound like this:

"There are two kinds of artists: the one that adjust themselves to people, and the one that can make people adjust to them."

The main character, Zhang Ye, isn't afraid of becoming himself, and making people come to love him, for who he is. the story had a lot of potential but sadly is filled with repetitive face-slapping.

my other favorite quote comes from Emperor's Domination. it's kinda like: "Speed in cultivation is meaningless, if you do not cultivate your foundation. Even if they rose fast toward heaven, they will crumble just as fast."

i think the most memorable thing i watch came from the anime, Ef- a tale of memories.

"I'd rather focus on things that i like--it is a thousand times better than doing things I hate."

it's so long ago, I don't remember the exact quote, when it came to anime--it's the thing that always come to mind.

for stuff i wrote:

"I know what it's like to be alone in this world, where you couldn't even find anyone to talk, about being a gay futa loli with a big penis."

well it's the only quote people commented on, that it meant something for them.
Lmao!

A great quote I read was from One Piece.

“When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom!? No! It’s when… they are forgotten.”
-Dr. Hiriluk from One Piece

HokuouTenrou

Since there's too many badass quotes from mecha shows which I absolutely adore, I'll go with non-mecha ones

"It was too heavy to be labelled as 'pop' and too hard to be labelled as 'rock'. It was truly... HEAVY METAL."
- Otometal, chapter 1, page 4

"You lack devotion. Steady effort is what counts. Me? I'm the exception of the rule!"
- Kyo Kusanagi, The King of Fighters XI

"I am the Void, I am the Steel, I am the Blade! With this sword, I shall reap all sins, and destroy evil! My name is Hakumen. HERE I COME!"
- Hakumen, BlazBlue series (closer to text translation)

oh, and

"I VILL TRINKT FROM YOR SKOHLL!!"
- Random Sea Raider, Meme and Blade

Moctemma

Learning about this writing stuff
"All things must pass."

The hero club five tenets, I'll leave a video because I'm lazy.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
"You (Plural) are not united, you are just together!"

- Hao on the final battle of Shaman King's Anime. (At least in my country's dub)

... For a bit of context, this was after the MC (Yo IIRC) said that they could beat Hao because he and his friends had united their powers or something.

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
*insert any random Hachiman quote*

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
"Is this your morning copulation? Please continue!"
- Cross Ange

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
"I have fattened up. So it's time they eat me." -Borscht (Castle Town Dandelion e4)

"I was so lonely I could only eat four meals a day!" -Socie (Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan e4)

"If you ever feel like dying for the sake of the universe, let me know. I'll be waiting." -Kyubey (Mahoushoujo Madoka Magika e3)

"Kiyomaru! What is this?! Explain! Did you think you could confuse your mother by cosplaying as a mummy?" (Konjiki no Gash v2 c10)

"Trying to act polite when you can't even get my name right is still rude." (Oregairu s2 e1)

"I mastered japanese in a single day, you know." -Migi (Kiseijuu e22)

"A spring without you ... is coming." (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso e22)

"Your explanation is overflowing from the speech bubble!" (Touhou -- Rin Ran After)

"When will I get more screentime?!" -Hawk (Nanatsu no Taizai e17)

"I hate the sun. So self-centered. Always looking down on us." -Kai (Ajin v1 c3)

"You're annoying, Mr. Narrator." (Gundam-san e9)

"What, you're saying robots don't have human rights?" (Ai Tenchi Muyo! e26)

"I've always been ashamed of my small size." -Akatsuki (Log Horizon s2 e8)

"I have issues, but you are just as bad." -Hisoka (Hunter x Hunter 2011 e139)

"Aren't these the thank-you-for-not-killing-us fruits?"-Staz (Blood Lad ova)

"The kitchen she uses is so sinister that children run away from it in tears." (Shokugeki no Soma v7 c51)

"Hey, Chobi! You've become so manly even though you're a girl." (Doubutsu no Oishasan v1)

"Our wonderful front tails!" (Kenzen Robo Daimidaler e1)

"Love Idol ABC Forever Mountain 109." (Sonico The Animation e11)

"My nickname is Boss! Even the author doesn't know my real name!" (Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z-Hen e19)

"Rocket punch! (Coppelion e8)

"I had a wonderful time, meeting you." -Senketsu (Kill la Kill e24)

"Don't just wipe your hands on my clothes like it's nothing!" -Enma (Hoozuki no Reitetsu e8)

"Oh, I'm sorry. You're so big, I didn't see you." -Benio (Mikakunin de Shinkoukei e9)

"Trick or treat! If you don't cough up the candy, you'll be coughing up blood!" (Silva. v2 c27)

"I'm not Gundam." -Wooser (Wooser s2 e7)

"Guns become heavier when they're empty." (Dendrobates v3 c21)

"If it's a boy, we'll have him play basketball. If it's a girl, we'll have her go to Academy City." -Kuuko (Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W e6)

"I'd rather become a NEET than wear a uniform that isn't cute!" -Ichinomiya Eruna (Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku c1)

"Your hat's crooked." (Kamisama Hajimemashita e11)

"Why are you eating a potato?" (Shingeki no Kyojin e3)

"That's not possible! There's no way a lowly man can make a girl feel good! Only a girl can understand a girl's feelings!!" -Marika (Triangle H c7)

"Do you know that characters never exceed the intelligence of the author?" (Lasboss x Hero v1 c3)

"You shouldn't have shown me how painful it is to fall in love." -Touma Kazusa (White Album 2 e12)

"My boobs! Where are my boobs?! Ah... I need them for tomorrow! Look for them!" -Bae Sugu (My Heart Is Beating)

"Look at my wiener, Takamiya-kun. Does it not look appetizing?" -Kagari Ayaka (Witch Craft Works e1)

"It's all thanks to this frying pan." (Cross Ange e22)

Last edited:

TLCsDestiny

"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts... Their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?" - Itatchi (Naruto)
"To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward." - Kakashi (Naruto)

(From the book 'Existing')
(In my opinion, sex isn't complicated. Perhaps people are making it complicated by added it into the equation of relationships and responsibility-TLCsDestiny)
(Is it really that we fear death, or could it be that we fear not living anymore. Perhaps we fear it unconsciously because we know somehow that nothing comes after death and that at least while living, we have something -TLCsDestiny)
(If your greatest fear is a black hole, then everything else seems significantly less intimating-TLCsDestiny)
(My theory on love: Love is of two factors, minimum. One is emotions, especially that of happiness and unhappiness, which is a big factor to humans. Another is, that it is not generalized, it is based on individuality, and I think that is why people have problems understanding or explaining it because everyone receives it, perceives it and shows it differently -TLCsDestiny)

(There's a difference between that of what is known of Angels, Demons and humans. One is known as 'good' or 'sinless', one is known as 'bad' or 'evil', then the other...Well are they not both? Are we, as humans, both Angels and Demons in one? -TLCsDestiny)
(Who came up with such a thing as 'Divine Law'? Was there really someone that stated that they heard this directly from 'God' or...Was it someone who saw 'sins' as 'bad' and used 'God' to state his own wishes? Just a thought...-TLCsDestiny)
(I understand there's at least two reasons why humans can't live in harmony, one is that we are naturally territorial and greedy, which is, I suppose, a part of being human. The other is that we refuse to not only understand one another but we are also not of equal standings. Such things as Money, status, job, family, country, skin colour, and more, have become a reason we differentiate from one another, making the gap between one another far bigger than it needs to be-TLCsDestiny)

I know they are from me but it's nice to find a place to put these quotes of mine as I really do think there should be another way for them to be heard.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts... Their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?" - Itatchi (Naruto)
"To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward." - Kakashi (Naruto)

(From the book 'Existing')
(In my opinion, sex isn't complicated. Perhaps people are making it complicated by added it into the equation of relationships and responsibility-TLCsDestiny)
(Is it really that we fear death, or could it be that we fear not living anymore. Perhaps we fear it unconsciously because we know somehow that nothing comes after death and that at least while living, we have something -TLCsDestiny)
(If your greatest fear is a black hole, then everything else seems significantly less intimating-TLCsDestiny)
(My theory on love: Love is of two factors, minimum. One is emotions, especially that of happiness and unhappiness, which is a big factor to humans. Another is, that it is not generalized, it is based on individuality, and I think that is why people have problems understanding or explaining it because everyone receives it, perceives it and shows it differently -TLCsDestiny)

(There's a difference between that of what is known of Angels, Demons and humans. One is known as 'good' or 'sinless', one is known as 'bad' or 'evil', then the other...Well are they not both? Are we, as humans, both Angels and Demons in one? -TLCsDestiny)
(Who came up with such a thing as 'Divine Law'? Was there really someone that stated that they heard this directly from 'God' or...Was it someone who saw 'sins' as 'bad' and used 'God' to state his own wishes? Just a thought...-TLCsDestiny)
(I understand there's at least two reasons why humans can't live in harmony, one is that we are naturally territorial and greedy, which is, I suppose, a part of being human. The other is that we refuse to not only understand one another but we are also not of equal standings. Such things as Money, status, job, family, country, skin colour, and more, have become a reason we differentiate from one another, making the gap between one another far bigger than it needs to be-TLCsDestiny)

I know they are from me but it's nice to find a place to put these quotes of mine as I really do think there should be another way for them to be heard.
Since I just started writing mine, I can't make a whole list like you have, but I have one.

"No one will take care of you as good as you"~ Bram Blaccc (from the title (S-H-A-D-E)

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
"Humans are an inconvenience.
If you don't throw the ball, you die. If you don't catch it, you die. If you don't dodge it, you die.
You drag up your allies to die as well! Your fragile bodies die too easily!
And despite all that, you still thought you could play dodgeball against me!!"

- Frederika, Gakuen Chaika (Chapter 4) - Paraphrasing Quote From the Volume 2 of Hitsugi no Chaika

Sky3Fall

I can't remember the exact words of my quote, but it went something like this:

"My Path is whatever I want to be whenever I want to be it. If I go out on the streets tomorrow and see an old man with a really ugly fanny pack and think to myself, 'I could do better', I will become the greatest fanny pack designer of all time and that will be my Path for the next several decades."
- Henry Lee, from the ongoing web serial by AsparagusEnchilada: After The Mountains Are Flattened

Cedestroyer

“I hate nice girls.
Just exchanging greetings with them will get them on your mind.
Start texting each other, and your heart will be set a flutter.
If they call you, you're done for.
Enjoy staring at your logs and grinning like a fool.
However, I won't get fooled again. That's what your kind calls kindness.
If you're nice to me, you're nice to others.
I always end up nearly forgetting that. Reality is cruel,
So I'm sure lies are a form of kindness.
Thus, I say kindness itself is also a lie.
I always ended up with these expectations.
And I always ended up with these misunderstandings.
And before I knew it, I stopped hoping.
A highly trained loner is once bitten, twice shy.
As a veteran on this battlefield of life, I've gotten used to losing.
That's why I always hate nice girls. — Hachiman Hikigaya”