BL Reading Club! (M/m fiction) for Readers and Writers!

BL Events! Would you be interested in participating?

• Total voters

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
What should be the first theme of the anthology, if your opinion?
First Love?
If there is an anthology -- then it would have to be published on the main site by an official BL-community group of the site. What should we call that group? By an analogy with Yuri Garden -- BL Garden? Bl Cafe? BL... er... Sect? Cultivation Sect? BL Library? BL Reading Club? Something simpler and more elegant? Please give me suggestions because so far -- I have no idea!
Maybe something like:
Chrysanthemum Shop
Yaoi House
BLBL - Brilliant Library of Boy's Love
A "book" on main SH that works like a newsletter blog for all things BL on SH???
Maybe having an account that posts the anthology, then having people follow that account for news, announcements and updates?

X

bafflinghaze

For Art Events -- is it better for it to be completely separate from Anthology works or somehow connected? Shared? What do you think?
I'm not sure how nicely an art event would tie in with a writing event, but it might complicate matters severely. Also, trying to run more than one event at once is asking for death (our first anthology ran into this year's competition and I've never wanted to cry more).
You can have an art event at the same time as a writing event as one event, where submissions are open to any form (art, written, podfics etc.)

If you want to merge art into written pieces, you basically want to run something like a Big Bang, where artists match up with writers and illustrate something for the writer's story (or a reverse Big Bang, where artists draw and writers write based off the art). Organising a Big Bang takes a lot of work though, you need to have authors writing, and give artists the ability to choose who they want to match up with based on the story premise, and both artist and author need to finish. Also, there is usually a problem of not having enough artists, and authors dropping out. I've participated in Big Bangs before, one successfully managed one, and one...very poorly managed....

If there is an anthology -- then it would have to be published on the main site by an official BL-community group of the site. What should we call that group? By an analogy with Yuri Garden -- BL Garden? Bl Cafe? BL... er... Sect? Cultivation Sect? BL Library? BL Reading Club? Something simpler and more elegant? Please give me suggestions because so far -- I have no idea!
Possible place/organisation-type words that might be more effective use might be (off the top of my head), palace, chataeu, academy, chambers, association, alliance, union, etc.
Omg Moonpearl, those organisation type words sound so cool. If we go with the more Asian theme, Palace is good, it reminds me of various gay emperors.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
sorry. translator problem :rolleyes:
Just letting you know before a moderator catches you.

The rules are the same over on NUF and I've seen people receive warnings for playfully exchanging one or two non-English lines in a wider English post.

Better to give people a head's up before they receive anything official.

(And welcome to the forum~!)

lilGoat

Hello, pretty new to SH, but not to BL.
I think the first BL I've come across is Gravitation, and I've been hooked ever since. I usually dislike Romance, but for some reason BL caught me off guard.
I'm pretty new to writing, actually doing it because I lost my work term placement from college during quarantine, so I took the opportunity to quit smoking and for some reason writing fiction really helped keep my mind off cigs. :blob_paint:
I wish there were more serious stories in the genre, where the BL isn't necessarily the center but is just a natural progression of the character's relationship. I love Yuri on Ice or The Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation for example.
I have to admit I'm not loving all the rape and male-pregnancies in the genre, might be an unpopular opinion though.
Always happy to meet more fujoshis, so feel free to hit me up although I'm a full time student so I'm sparingly here.

OkuraTsukiko

[Peace was never an option]
To tell you the truth, my first BL was Yuri On Ice. It was back in middle school when me and my friends discovered it. And boy was I loving it, but then my passion towards it dissipates along with liking BL. For about 2 years I have been leading myself through many different genres. I thought that I would move on later to something else.
That's where I was wrong

So when I discovered some of the popular BL webcomics such as the Painter of the Night, Love is an Illusion, Here U Are, and many more. The dormant fujoshi in myself has awakened once more. And this time, I wasn't only reading it, I have tried making a few short BL skits from my ocs. Now, I'm thinking about writing one, but I would have to focus on my main series as well. It also inspired me to draw more, such as wholesome moments, sketches, and maybe some cheeks :blob_hide:

I have tons of wholesome BL sketches all over my pile of sketchbooks. Of course, one has to be an exception for "forbidden" drawings so that other people don't mess around with my belongings

summervaca99

Hey, fellow BL buddies! ・:*+.\(( °ω° ))/.:+

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who’d notice BL was getting a bad rap on SH. Luckily, we are small but mighty! Reading all of your replies fills me with hope that we can create a fun and open space to express ourselves on SH. Harem and isekai better make way, haha.

Onto the questions:

1) I am one-hundred percent down for competitions and anthologies. Especially anthologies. I’d love to help write and design for some of them, and I know a few artists who might be interested, as well. Perhaps in the future we can print zines for the anthologies too!

2) I was already a romance junkie and otaku before I discovered BL in fifth or sixth grade, when I was in my Vocaloid phase and came across a Len x Kaito doujin on Tumblr. I was kind of confused at the time, thinking, Why is he putting the ice cream there?? What are they doing??? Oh boy, haha.

By seventh grade, I was hooked.

My camera roll was now filled with shippy yaoi art and I was watching Sekaiichi, Gravitation, and Junjou Romantica on my tiny IPhone 5. I didn’t even delete my history then, how naive. I wrote fics, I read fics, and I dabbled in some originals that never even made it out of the spiral notebooks.

Ten years later, I’m still as passionate as ever about this genre, and proudly call myself a Fujo 😈 Some BL stories touched me so deeply that I couldn’t help but be inspired to write my own, in the hopes that I too could express something of such depth.

So I found SH and Foxaholic, where I share my own stories.

As for sub-genres of BL, I like dark, psychological stories or teeth-rotting fluff, and I always prefer slow burn. Oh, and I’ll pretty much read anything. ABO grossed me out when I first heard of it but now it’s grown on me.

Anyways, super pumped for future BL activities here on SH~

☆Make BL great again!☆ lol

Last edited: