Calling all Authors for... the Author Write Off!

BlackKnightX

Interesting. It would be fun to watch. Yep, sign me in—as a spectator, please~

OtherSlater

Because The First Slater Died.
I am a guy... and I am straight. But more importantly, I always put myself into my own character. Is do able, but it will make me uncomfortable. But that doesn't mean I will not try it. Ever since I start writing, I have always one to create a story in each genre. Even if is a short story. The main reason is, that I have bad blood with BL novel. I read one novel once without knowing it is BL. I really thought the MC, is a female... Turn out is just a femboy.
lol u gotta fuck boys.

I would love to join if this is a real thing. I'll win by saying a sports topic since the majority here hasn't touched a basketball before

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
This sounds familiar... Almost as if it's been tried before... But I can't put my finger on it.

Oh wait, right, I tried something like that and it came crashing down like Icarus
Went from 16 authors down to 10... And it might be down to six.
One thing I learned is authors on Scribblehub tend to drop a project if they aren't interested anymore. That goes for collabs too. Expect a couple dropouts, if not for procrastination, for RL reasons.

You should probably lay down some ground rules first though. "I thought it was cool." Isn't enough.

The forum posts on Arant have some people throwing ideas at each other there. Else you'd just end up getting disorganized chaos instead of an organized one.

Also word of advice: try to get competent organizers for the event, please.

Good luck man, I hope you succeed where we couldn't.

D

Deleted member 57675

Honestly my advice would be to just try it. If you have the time, it does little good to just talk about it.

Open a new forum post where you explain the rules and deadlines clearly, then announce a signing up period.

Let those interested DM you with their intended partners if they have one, and ask them to contact said opponent.

Make an excel list of all the participants, and by the end of the sign-up period, pair those who have not successfully contacted their wished opponent together randomly.

Send everyone their topic (it can be the same for everyone, or you can let them decide it between themselves too), as well as the deadline. Ask them to give you the links to their stories before the deadline.

After the deadline is passed, make a new forum post sharing all the story liks + a poll for readers to vote on the winner (a multiple option poll where you put each author would work, but you might also want to use an external website to make it simpler).

Have a set time for readers to read and vote, after which you eliminate the losing writers, randomize the pairings again and send the authors their new topics.

Repeat until only one author remains.
Sounds interesting. May or may not push me to write.

Plantorsomething

These innocent fools
This sounds familiar... Almost as if it's been tried before... But I can't put my finger on it.

Oh wait, right, I tried something like that and it came crashing down like Icarus
One thing I learned is authors on Scribblehub tend to drop a project if they aren't interested anymore. That goes for collabs too. Expect a couple dropouts, if not for procrastination, for RL reasons.

You should probably lay down some ground rules first though. "I thought it was cool." Isn't enough.

The forum posts on Arant have some people throwing ideas at each other there. Else you'd just end up getting disorganized chaos instead of an organized one.

I will say though, I still had a bunch of fun and I have no regrets

TheDerpieGod

A Well-Known Daddy.
I am a guy... and I am straight. But more importantly, I always put myself into my own character. Is do able, but it will make me uncomfortable. But that doesn't mean I will not try it. Ever since I start writing, I have always one to create a story in each genre. Even if is a short story. The main reason is, that I have bad blood with BL novel. I read one novel once without knowing it is BL. I really thought the MC, is a female... Turn out is just a femboy.
Just make your main a top and go try anal with woman. Ezy peezy.

Hm, how would i find said organizers though? I cant pay anyone.
Thinking of making a discord server to organize it.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
All the best in your cooking challenge.

Askun

Just make your main a top and go try anal with woman. Ezy peezy.
BL novel with anal intercourse with woman?... That's weird. As I said, is unpleasant to write it, don't mean I can't. I just don't really like actively imagining gay relationships every time I want to write a story. Oh... is just click to me what do you mean as I write this. I am not even gonna change this entire reply. Did you mean imagine anal intercourse between man and woman and then change the woman into a man when I write it?. That's a clever idea to tackle.

Though, even so... I will not write any BL story any time soon. I just say it hypothetically to portray a potential challenge. :LOL:

TheDerpieGod

A Well-Known Daddy.
BL novel with anal intercourse with woman?... That's weird. As I said, is unpleasant to write it, don't mean I can't. I just don't really like actively imagining gay relationships every time I want to write a story. Oh... is just click to me what do you mean as I write this. I am not even gonna change this entire reply. Did you mean imagine anal intercourse between man and woman and then change the woman into a man when I write it?. That's a clever idea to tackle.

Though, even so... I will not write any BL story any time soon. I just say it hypothetically to portray a potential challenge. :LOL:
;-; i meant you yourself go try it with woman lol.
So hows the discord server going?
yeah, its going weird. I not even supposed to be on my PC rn but I made a way. gonna work on the discord server all night and release the registration thread maybe tmrrw

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
I had a dream. Simply fell asleep on the couch and watched greatness be birthed within my own mind. Writing: A skill that's developed throughout your life, mainly through the like of school essays. But since you have taken the time to dedicate yourself to writing on this site or others, you have officially become, an author. SO within my dream, the thought of an author, the author of authors (at least on an amateur level) to be proclaimed on this site.

There is only one way to execute this, a contest. But not any contest, not like the one SH already hosts, oh no. Something unique, something...new. Maybe like... Authors shall be given a topic, any topic really. They should be pitted against each other but with the choice to nominate who they want to battle against. If the said person accepts, they shall be given a topic and shall write a short story about said topic.

Whatever author enters the contest and does not pick/person they pick does not accept, they shall be entered into a randomized raffle and will receive their randomized opponents. All in all, this would be cool. Of course I know no one really wants to randomly start writing about a topic they have no control over but I just dreamt about this and thought it would be cool.
That'd be cool though I'd probably lose immediately due to lack of experience