Choose a world in which to be an NPC (Shounen Edition)

Choose.

• Dragon Ball Z

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Naruto

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • One Piece

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • My Hero Academia

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Chainsaw Man

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demon Slayer

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
You can interfere with the story or whatever, but you're gonna be reincarnated into a background character equivalent to your social standing and age.

But you have to be fair, for example:
If you're an underage student, you're probably gonna be in the ninja academy or a civilian school in Naruto
But if you're a teacher, you're not gonna be a Chunin instructor, you're gonna be a civilian teacher.

Everything except your age and social status is gonna be adapted. Your location will be where the main cast frequents (Konoha, Earth - West City (is that the name of the city in DBZ? idk), Japan, etc) and your appearance will be of the average person of that place.

What will you pick and what will you do?

Last edited:

Insomniologist

Nemurenu Kyōfu
Honestly, despite the fact I know almost nothing about these series (besides Naruto and a bit of DBZ), I would pick MHA.
It seems to be the safest by far, which is saying something.
Like, in Dragon Ball, you’re going to die at LEAST once, in Naruto you have all the Otsutsuki bullshittery, in One Piece you will have to contend with a pirate at some point because they’re idiots, Demon Slayer is a big nope, and Chainsaw Man seems likes some kind of apocalypse scenario.
Even if the others weren’t complete hellholes, I would still pick MHA solely to find out how strange my luck is. I find gambling amusing when the consequences are minimal.

And what would I do? Probably just what I’m doing now but with less lazy.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
I would be an NPC in @Obsoleteness novel. Probably some vampire enchanter NPC in a small city with few customers. I'd wear an enchanted witch hat for style and not interfere with the story. I'd just be there and open the shop at night. Maybe the cast would wonder why there is a shop in a random city that is only open at night.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
I would be an NPC in @Obsoleteness novel. Probably some vampire enchanter NPC in a small city with few customers. I'd wear an enchanted witch hat for style and not interfere with the story. I'd just be there and open the shop at night. Maybe the cast would wonder why there is a shop in a random city that is only open at night.
Oh wait. It's shounen... UM, I wouldn't.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Normal Naruto or Naruto Shitpudding? Because normal Naruto was just "hidden ninja doing hidden ninja stuff in hidden ninja village" before they forgot about it and reconned the world into whatever teh faq happened here? But yeah, out of these options only Boku no Pico Academy is somewhat civilian-friendly.

Can I cheat and choose MMO Shounen like .hack, Log Horizon, or SAO? Nobody would force me to play those games, right?

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
One piece, on the off chance that I can get the Neko Neko no Mi model Nekomata. Or, any neko neko no mi model, really. Cause there are some random background characters with devil fruits!

Daitengu

DBZ cause the deaths are generally quick. Also you know what the afterlife would be. Where as I can imagine some btk like serial killers in MHA, who knows what kind of afterlife there is, if one at all.

Asami_Shirogane

My Hero because at least you would have a semblance of 21st century normality if you just live as an extra. Not to mention that you would have access to the best Healthcare and civil services of all these. I'm not sure if I could survive in any of the other worlds.

Theirl

SHHS detainee no. 0004
one piece is the best, if u can use your knowledge of the 21 century education u can propably score a job on the marine in the admnistration and never have to fight a pirate in your life.... and after u become a corrupt marine u can just rob a devil fruit ... or properly learn martial arts and become strong... after that just go to one of the blues and chill

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I'm a mechanical (simulation) engineer.

And by your standard, I am fucked. Why the ever hell would I go to any one of those worlds?

It is not as though a bunch of power ups is dropped onto the ground for me to pick up.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
... I am in a losing rat race in this world already and this feels like a genuine cop out. Like going back in time for bitcoin, only to discover that superpower is real.

As many chinese main characters once said after they became emperor and discovered cultivators, "FUCK WEALTH AND POLITICAL POWER! I WANT DEM MAGIC JUJU!" & "why bother to become Li Kashing (a top chinese billionaire) when you can be God?"

Obsoleteness

And here I thought it would be presumptuous of me to put you in my story so I decided against it. Where are those notes I had... :blob_evil: